Project The Top 10 Titans of the 6th Gen OU Metagame

Lando-T
Because it can fit on any team (even some semi stall teams) and its literal existence keeps the meta together.
Talonflame is a big part of the meta, but people don't bring something specifically for it (ex: lando can check talonflame, but he's not often put on a team just to check it).

Clefable: This pokemon is the representation of the 6th gen. Climbing from a mediocre RU to the arguably best pokemon in the current OU metagame. Having the overpowered Fairy type, two of the best abilities in the game, dozens of viable sets as well a wide movepool that can fulfill multiple roles in a single slot. What can I say. It's a shame that Lando is getting so many votes now, i think it's ok somewhere in the last 4 or 3 spots, simply because it doesn't cause an impact in the metagame that other things caused.

Lando-T: It offers a good check to physical attackers and the whole of OU would be a mess if this thing doesn't exist as nothing can do as much role compression as it does.

Talonflame:
I already mentioned this in an earlier voting phase, but Talonflame is nearly the sole reason for the scarcity of some lower tier Pokémon in OU. There is so much that is excluded from the OU meta because it just gets invalidated by priority brave bird. Just why do you think TTar and Lando are so common? Ahh yes to check this thing. Talon can sweep any archetype and act as a support in any archetype. It is very versatile and its only real weakness is stealth rock, however I would argue that talonflame (and charizard) alone necessitates the use of stealth rock, thus defining the meta around them.

Also: Lando-T is NOT influential; it is the product of the meta. It just acts as a blanket check to every physical attacker and can lay stealth rocks. Sure sounds like an answer to that bird I mentioned earlier, eh?

Landorus-T: 19
Talonflame: 7
Clefable: 3
Deoxys-S: 1

After 5 rounds as the runner-up, Landorus-T wins #6! Landorus-T has been one of the most consistent glue Pokemon throughout the entire generation. It's ability to compress several important roles for so many teams is virtually unmatched, leading to its incredible usage in recent tournaments. It is widely considered to be a Pokemon that is currently holding the metagame together by keeping behemoths like Charizard X in check. While its influence may not be apparent to the untrained eye, it is nonetheless demonstrated by how much it has assisted teambuilding throughout the generation, and there's no doubt that the metagame would be shaken up if it were gone.

Voting for #7
With Landorus-T finally on the board, there's a handful of good candidates to look at going forward. I'll probably cast my own vote later after some though.

Bisharp

Paired with Deoxys, the DeoSharp HO teams dominated OU as Bisharp discourages hazard removals due to Defiant. Great offensive typing and access to Swords Dance and Sucker Punch makes Bisharp one of the most terrifying late-game sweepers in the game. It is also one of the few Pokemon that can reliably check Aegislash and Clefable. Getting a boost from Intimidate also means Landorus-T cannot reliably beat Bisharp, especially if it's weakened by hazards or just by pivoting into attacks.

Last edited:

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Talonflame

Shapes the bird-spam archetype and forces every team to run at least one reliable flying resist.

Gotta say Clefable. The coveted Fairy-typing has been a godsend for it, turning it into an extremely adaptable Pokémon that can fit virtually any team (except for maybe Hyper Offense), thanks also to its plethora of useful moves and amazing Abilities. Certainly one of the most impactful Pokémon introduced in the XY era.

Talonflame

Not related to this mon, but seriously how the fuck does keeping in check one of the most powerful behemoths(Char-X) doesnt qualify for Lando-T as influential?What more influence does a pivot needs?He basically INFLUENCES the metagame to not be overcentralized as hell towards that mon by being incredible splashable alongside having a stupidly great role compression, somehow hating popular mons tends to be a current trend, anyways needed to get that out of my chest.

Regarding to Talonflame, this mon is nuts, he gave another meaning to revenge killing, especially against setup sweepers who now not only need a turn to setup but also get rid of it before you set up or be bulky enough to survive a BV, a lot of fighting mons became less popular just because this thing exists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)