Gifts of the Gods

In fact even Feebas would be better offensively because it, goddamned Feebas, has a Adaptability plus a 80 SPD base.

Either way, I'm here to say that Mega Ampharos is a really great mon on the Speed slot of most teams because it is a fast electric type, with the added benefits of the Dragon typing and relatively good bulk, if not for Duggy (AND other Ground types), I think it could be a top tier threat.

If you wanted to go the "attacker that can take a hit" route, you're better off sticking Ferrothorn in that SpA slot. It's actually pretty cool, except for the part where you have no Fire switch-ins on a Deoxys-A team. But Kyruem-W and Mewtwo teams do appreciate this a ton more.

Yeah, Mega Ampharos is pretty nice in the speed slot. Fast and powerful Volt Switches and Dragon Pulses are a good way to use that slot. I've been using Hippo in the SpDef slot to deal with that. It not only is a general switch-in for Electric types, but it can take a ton of punishment form other attackers, giving it at the very least, enough time to set up rocks. It even takes on Mega Diancie very well (excluding the bulky CM variants, but those are rare), and supports your own, making it a key asset against offense.

The Gods and Followers coding is set up to recognize users of Shadow Tag and Soul Dew as Uber -- I think the same change could apply here. It's a trade off, as you get to use Gothitelle but have to pass on Gothitelle's stats. Thoughts?

Better than unlimited Shadow Tag use, in any case.

The Gods and Followers coding is set up to recognize users of Shadow Tag and Soul Dew as Uber -- I think the same change could apply here. It's a trade off, as you get to use Gothitelle but have to pass on Gothitelle's stats. Thoughts?

Better than unlimited Shadow Tag use, in any case.
imo it'll be neater if they just moved all shadow tag pokemon to ubers rather than just the ability. why they didn't idk but it's not my place to make bans xd

because the ability and pokemon are in seperate tiers idk how I feel about using a "PU" pokemon (in air quotes) as my uber, and might take away from the entire point of the metagame. would be cleaner to either ban s-tag users, ban s-tag, or not touch them.

It's the same concept as using Mega Gengar is your god -- Gengar itself isn't Uber, but the item it's holding is. Conceptually I think defining Soul Dew and Shadow Tag the same way makes the most sense, even if it doesn't have the most impact (Gothitelle has zero usage in GaF).

Last I'll say on the matter because all mixed Uber/OU OMs with "gods" in the title need not follow the same rules. :P

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Shadow Tag (and hence Gengarite) and Soul Dew should make a mon uber, yes. Tagging Spandan and The Immortal to hopefully resolve this.
I've not been very active recently but I'm going to look to see if there is anything particularly problematic (other than the current problems with code) in the next couple of days. Stay tuned!

Also because I think people missed my post earlier, PM me if you want to join the soon-to-be-established™ council.

edit added a couple of sample teams and will go through to add some sample sets.

Shadow Tag (and hence Gengarite) and Soul Dew should make a mon uber, yes. Tagging Spandan and The Immortal to hopefully resolve this.
I've not been very active recently but I'm going to look to see if there is anything particularly problematic (other than the current problems with code) in the next couple of days. Stay tuned!

Also because I think people missed my post earlier, PM me if you want to join the soon-to-be-established™ council.

edit added a couple of sample teams and will go through to add some sample sets.
Hm, that doesn't really make sense to me. The items are Uber, not the Pokemon they are on. You could then put Soul Dew on an OU Pokemon and your opponent won't know which is your God. Pretty sure confusing the opponent isn't the point of this OM.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Hm, that doesn't really make sense to me. The items are Uber, not the Pokemon they are on. You could then put Soul Dew on an OU Pokemon and your opponent won't know which is your God. Pretty sure confusing the opponent isn't the point of this OM.
That's an interesting point which I didn't consider. Is there a way to work around this so that Soul Dew Lati@s is Uber, but Soul Dew [everything else] is not? It's slightly different from G&F because your god can be anywhere, so I don't think the code can simply be lifted.
If it's not possible, then I'll just ban Soul Dew for simplicity.
(also is there a similar problem with Gengarite?)

K I think it's time to post...

Gift of the Gods Viability Ranking
Viability Ranking Just for Gods
Special thanks to jrdn, Nido The King, Smooge, Scarfnaut, OrdA and some others that helped me in PS chat

Remember that this is Viability Ranking for Gods, NOT Followers.
The ranking is based on:
  1. How good the mon gives stats to their teammates. This affects your team synergy and capabilities.
  2. How well the mon performs by itself in general.
Point #1 is probably more valuable than #2 (If not, Deo-A wouldn't be S rank), though #2 is a pretty big deciding factor when deciding for ranking.

Note: Megas, Primals and Arceus forms are ranked as one because they give the same stat distribution, while Giratina-Altered and Giratina-Origin are ranked seperately because they give different stats spread.

Also since the amount of gods are not many, there will be no splits like A+ or A-. There will be only S, A, B, C and Ubers that you shouldn't use as ranks. Each rank is listed in alphabetical order.

S rank

Arceus
Deoxys-Attack
Groudon
Kyurem-White

A rank

Hoopa-U
Kyogre
Lugia
Rayquaza
Xerneas
Yveltal

B rank

Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-Origin
Ho-oh
Mewtwo
Palkia
Reshiram
Zekrom

C rank

Darkrai
Deoxys-Normal
Salamence
Shaymin-Sky

Ubers you should NOT run

Aegislash
Blaziken
Deoxys-Defense
Deoxys-Speed
Genesect
Gengar
Greninja
Kangaskhan
Landorus
Lucario
Mawile

If you wanna nominate a mon to rank up or down, that's fine, but please give reason.

When would you ever realistically use Deo-N over Deo-A is the better question

Like, higher defenses mean nothing if it's 50 versus 20, which just means that it is completely outclassed
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam (50 Def): 147-173 (58.5 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam (20 Def): 260-307 (103.5 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That's the difference between 50 Def and 20 Def. I mean, sure, it's the difference between taking one hit and taking zero hits on that side against resists, but avoiding the OHKO has a lot of utility on an offensive team. Meanwhile, the difference between 180 and 150 attack is...

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hydro Pump (150 SpA) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios on a critical hit: 229-270 (76.5 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hydro Pump (180 SpA) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios on a critical hit: 261-307 (87.2 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Deoxys-A is just more useful than Deoxys-N in a vacuum, but the defensive drop should be much more noticeable when it's inflicted on two teammates. I haven't used either god because I've had other shit going on this month, but on paper I find it likely that some teams will find the ability to not get OHKOed by a Psyshock will outweigh the utility of a 14% damage increase.

Nobody brought this up so i am going to do it
An amazing attack receiver is kecleon more coverage in priority than talonflame, acces to fake out
and you can play protean mindgames. It deserves at least some mentioning

(deoxys-A) Kecleon @ Life Orb (180 atk)
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Deoxys-A is just more useful than Deoxys-N in a vacuum, but the defensive drop should be much more noticeable when it's inflicted on two teammates. ..., but on paper I find it likely that some teams will find the ability to not get OHKOed by a Psyshock will outweigh the utility of a 14% damage increase.

Hoopa-U gifts higher offensive stats than Deo-N. Deo-N has only Speed over Hoopa-U.
Latios is weak in this Tier, good psychic pokes are Slowbro, Cresselia, Alakazam and Deo-A.

(deoxys-A) Kecleon @ Life Orb (180 atk)
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

60/70/120 Defenses with 40 Spe make it very reactionary.
The movepool is not good either.

From playing the tier so far i think Arceus-God is best.
Mostly (SpA) Serperior, (HP) M-Diancle and (Atk/SpD) Talonflame gave me lots of trouble.
Now i can revengekill them easily, even Talonflame gets revengekilled by Arceus;

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 216-255 (60.1 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKo

= Arceus teams have good priority or a Multitype and trick immunity of their choice.

Only other options i see are;

Deo-A if you like Hyper Offense.
Hoopa-U if you like Offensive.
Kyrum-W if you like Bulky Offensive.
(Arceus) all arround.
Lugia if you like Defensive.
Giratina if you like stall.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam (50 Def): 147-173 (58.5 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam (20 Def): 260-307 (103.5 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That's the difference between 50 Def and 20 Def. I mean, sure, it's the difference between taking one hit and taking zero hits on that side against resists, but avoiding the OHKO has a lot of utility on an offensive team. Meanwhile, the difference between 180 and 150 attack is...

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hydro Pump (150 SpA) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios on a critical hit: 229-270 (76.5 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hydro Pump (180 SpA) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios on a critical hit: 261-307 (87.2 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Deoxys-A is just more useful than Deoxys-N in a vacuum, but the defensive drop should be much more noticeable when it's inflicted on two teammates. I haven't used either god because I've had other shit going on this month, but on paper I find it likely that some teams will find the ability to not get OHKOed by a Psyshock will outweigh the utility of a 14% damage increase.
Only one Mon will have 20 defense since SEO itself will be in the other slot. And you can just run ditto, a sashed Mon, or a sturdy Mon. Honestly I can never imagine a deo-n team being better than the deo-a
version

So I just wanted to share a couple of things I have used so far. Sorry if these are really bad, i´m not very good at this meta but hopefully at least something is decent. This is also my first forum post in general so there will probably be some mistakes.

+

A pretty simple and effective core. Basically Duggy traps stuff for Xerneas to sweep. Dugtrio also gains the 131 attack of Xerneas which helps with trapping better. I personally used sub Xerneas and CB Dugtrio respectively. Sub Xerneas really helped with my stall matchup and it especially helped against shuckle.

+

This is probably the worst thing i used but it somehow worked the best for me. I basically wanted to use cloyster on a Deo-A team and I came up with this. I used CB Cloyster and put it on the speed slot. Because of its high defence, Cloyster could take one hit from things like unboosted Arceus which give Deo-A a lot of trouble. I chose CB because it sounded fun and it looked like it would be strong.

+
+

This thing came to be when I decided I wanted to use sand offence. I used SD Arceus-Ghost, standard Excadrill and CB Tyranitar. I used Arceus-ghost because I didn´t want to be really fighting weak. It ended up working quite nicely and I was pretty suprised at the effectiveness of Arceus-Ghost. The sand core itself was nice at beating Deo-A speed pokemon like mega heracross If they were worn down.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Yes Shadow Tag is a pretty broken ability especially when paired on Mega Sableye Stall teams (like it was in OU). Here are some replays showcasing its effectiveness:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/giftsofthegods-451924945
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/giftsofthegods-452212386
Just run Shed Shell, Ghost mons, and counter trappers.

But seriously, whether Shadow Tag is considered broken or not for this tier really doesn't matter. If the tier follows OU Rules, then it must follow OU Rules. If Shadow Tag [insert Pokemon name] is an Ubers Pokemon, then it must act as your team's Ubers Pokemon. There really isn't a, "Oh but what if people want to use non-Shadow Tag Gothitelle or Wobbuffet, won't it be your Ubers mon still?" For one, nobody would run a non-Shadow Tag version of any Pokemon and it will limit any cancerous game mechanics.

Viability Suggestions:

S -> A - I realistically can't see Kyurem-W as S-Rank. I don't know if it is just me, but every build that I have faced using this Pokemon is severely susceptible in one, if not multiple areas. Although that doesn't speak for the Pokemon itself, it tells how its team build is not on the level of being the one of the best. Speaking of Kyurem-W itself, it can be checked/countered by a plethora of Specially Defensive options and solid cores, i.e. Arceus-Fairy, -Water, -Steel, Support Normal, and basically any SpD Pokemon that resists/is neutral to its STAB options. I do think it is a great God option, but not on the same level as Arceus, Deoxys-Attack, and Groudon.

Notes:

Why not make a Viability Ranking that shows the best receivers of each individual stat boost?

Last edited:
sin(pi), since there's no Groudon sample team yet, here's one for you. This made me peaked to #1, simply because Pdon is so good.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Knock Off

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Roost

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Wish
- Scald
- Toxic

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rhyperior @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Solar Beam
- Swords Dance

This team is basically a FWG core team centered around how to sweep opponent with Pdon and revenge kill things with Talonflame. I name this team "Pen Pineapple Apple Pen" because it follows the pattern "Fire Water Grass Fire" and because PPAP is a hot thing currently :^)

Mega Sableye is there because it's a blanket check to many threats. I didn't use the Calm Mind version because it failed me, badly. The Utility set is much more useful one so far. It's job is to block Toxic. Talonflame is there with Swords Dance and Taunt because Shuckle is annoying and I want to break it as quick as possible. Actually, Taunt has been very useful in many cases. It's job is primarily to sweep and Revenge kill with it's 150 Atk. Vaporeon's job is to provide Wish support to Pdon as well as using Toxic to Unaware Clefable that can be annoying. It's VERY bulky with 140 Defense.

And yes, ASSAULT VEST SERPERIOR. Why, you ask? Because 100 SpA isn't that strong. It's pointless to boost it with Life Orb. So, why not make you be able to take a hit instead? Rhyperior is there for opposing Talonflame and Swellow. It's been useful especially vs Deo-A teams that carry those. Last but not least, Pdon, the main sweeper of this team. It's a pretty standard Swords Dance set, except with Solarbeam because otherwise, you get walled by Quagsire. It's been the MVP in many battles so far and it's REALLY hard to handle this thing, especially with Wish support from Vaporeon.

Things that can give problems would be Yveltal, as it's always able to check Pdon and... nothing can really handle Yveltal in this team except maybe Serperior. And also Kyurem-White, because it's a real pain to switch into it. Overall, if you can correctly avoid/block Toxics and being patient, I think this team will work.

Viability Suggestions:

S -> A - I realistically can't see Kyurem-W as S-Rank. I don't know if it is just me, but every build that I have faced using this Pokemon is severely susceptible in one, if not multiple areas. Although that doesn't speak for the Pokemon itself, it tells how its team build is not on the level of being the one of the best. Speaking of Kyurem-W itself, it can be checked/countered by a plethora of Specially Defensive options and solid cores, i.e. Arceus-Fairy, -Water, -Steel, Support Normal, and basically any SpD Pokemon that resists/is neutral to its STAB options. I do think it is a great God option, but not on the same level as Arceus, Deoxys-Attack, and Groudon.

Notes:

Why not make a Viability Ranking that shows the best receivers of each individual stat boost?
I've been using Kyurem-White team for quite a while and yeah, I can see that. Kyurem-White's appeal is to provide two extremely powerful wallbreakers including Kyurem-White itself while providing a high HP and pretty good bulk for defensive mons. It tends to have good matchup vs defensive teams because of two powerful wallbreakers but kinda struggle vs offensive teams, particularly Kyogre/Politoed and it's Rain team (it swept me several times because Kyogre itself is really powerful). I can agree with this, what does others think?

Also a Viability Ranking with individual stat boost is kind of a pain to make. It can be made if someone is dedicated though, because you need to make 6 categories of S, A, B and C rank, just like in Monotype Viability Rankings. It's less work than Monotype obviously, but still so much work.

Also I'd like to nominate this:

B -> A - After seeing someone run a Giratina-O team, I think this is pretty underutilized and it can be a very effective mon. Unlike regular Giratina (which I think it's pretty useless as a mon by itself), this can actually hit pretty hard with Griseous Orb Shadow Ball/Draco Meteor and it's a really good Pdon check. I think people need to use this more because in practice, it's better than it looks.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Also a Viability Ranking with individual stat boost is kind of a pain to make. It can be made if someone is dedicated though, because you need to make 6 categories of S, A, B and C rank, just like in Monotype Viability Rankings. It's less work than Monotype obviously, but still so much work.

Also I'd like to nominate this:

B -> A - After seeing someone run a Giratina-O team, I think this is pretty underutilized and it can be a very effective mon. Unlike regular Giratina (which I think it's pretty useless as a mon by itself), this can actually hit pretty hard with Griseous Orb Shadow Ball/Draco Meteor and it's a really good Pdon check. I think people need to use this more because in practice, it's better than it looks.
Depending on who ends up on the Council for this OM, I'd be willing to make and run Viability Rankings per stat. I'm used to dealing with Monotype's Rankings as I discuss changes constantly, and frankly, I would enjoy managing it.

I agree with Giratina-O getting a boost to A Rank as well. It has really good Offensive options and possibly even better defensive options when paired with a Heal Bell Pokemon or as RestTalk Utility.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ok will post this version now ...

Gift of the Gods Viability Ranking
Viablity Rankings just for the Followers
Special thks to Quantum Tesseract, Chopin Alkaninoff, iLlama, and Grains of Salt for helping create it
Remember that this is Viability Ranking for Followers
The ranking is based on how good the mon performs given the stats from the respective God.

The rankings are divided into S,A,B, and C and are organized in sub-divisons. Ranked in ALphabetical order.

*Note: Stats that are bolded is the better stat the Pokemon performs in.

S-Rank:

Mega Sableye (HP, Speed)
Smeargle (Attack, Speed)
Swellow (Special Attack)
Talonflame (Attack, Defense, Special Defense)

A-Rank:

A+

Mega Heracross (Speed)
Quagsire (Special Defense, HP, Defense)
Serperior (Special Attack)
Alomomola (Special Defense, Defense)
Clefable (Defense, HP, Special Defense)

A

Ditto (HP)
Mega Diancie (HP, Speed)
Mega Pinsir (Speed)
Rhyperior (Special Defense)
Shuckle (HP, Speed)

A-

Crawdaunt (Attack, Speed)
Gothitelle (Speed, HP, Defense)
Kingdra (Special Attack)
Linoone (Attack)
Rampardos (Speed)
Pikachu (Attack)

B-Rank:

B+

Landorus-T (HP, Speed)
Lanturn (Defense)
Skarmory (Special Defense, HP)
Tyranitar (Speed, Attack, Special Attack)
Ursaring (Speed)
Wobbuffet (Special Defense, Defense)

B

Cloyster (Attack, HP, Special Defense)
Dugtrio (Special Attack, Attack)
Kyurem-B (Speed)
Mega Camerupt (Speed)
Scizor (Attack)
Slowbro (Special Defense)
Vaporeon (Defense, Special Defense)

B-

Bastiodon (HP)
Electrode (Special Attack)
Excadrill (Speed, Special Defense)
Ferrothorn (HP)
Magnezone (Speed, Special Attack)
Marowak (Speed)
Mew (Defense, Special Defense)
Victini (Special Defense, Defense)

C-Rank:

C+

Gliscor (HP, Special Defense)
Mega Lopunny (Attack)
Nidoking (Special Attack)
Rotom-W (HP)
Shedinja (Stat really doesn't matter)

C

Gengar (Special Attack)
Tangrowth (Special Defense)
Zapdos (Defense, HP)

C-

Abomanow (Speed, HP)
Darmranitan (Speed)
Florges (Defense, HP)
Mega Garchomp (Speed)
Mega Gardevoir (Speed)
Volcanion (Speed)

DO NOT USE:
Sableye (HP)
Shuckle (Attack, Special Attack)

If you wanna nominate a mon to rank up or down, that's fine, but please give reason.

Last edited:
SpDef-boosted Coil Zygarde is pretty nasty. You set up on a lot of otherwise scary shit, and you turn Shuckle into world's biggest (even bigger than before) set-up fodder. So far I'm running EQ and ES to good effect, but with that moveset it definitely needs team support to get rid of stuff like Giratina-O.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)