Could someone explain to me what makes Mega Diancie A? I don't understand why a wall breaker wants boosted Hp. Thanks
That makes sense, ok thanks
Figure I'll put this out there...but a hp boosted diancie is great because it checks tflame/swellow while also beating mega sableye, which is 3 out of the 4 S ranked mons. id also say it checks smeargle also because it ignores fakespeed/can handle v-create whilst also dealing with any spore shenanigans, but it depends on if the smeargle has bonemerang or some other bizarre set. rock is a useful defensive typing here
[hide=screenshot of reqs] [/hide] Mega Sableye: BAN Talonflame: DO NOT BAN [insert reasoning here]
these are done with 50 hpFigure I'll put this out there...
252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 153-180 (63.4 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 225-264 (93.3 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
i thought the discussion was for why HP mega diancie is high on the list. i just gave an answer to that, its up to you whether it fits into your team or not. personally i think its ability to check top threats makes it very usable, and having the extra hp makes it able to actually choose whether to mega evolve or not: it can hurt stall teams by mega evolving and gaining magic bounce + beating sableye as a rock setter, or it can stay as regular diancie and check some top offensive bird + normal threats very handily. and it compacts all of that into a single slot.I'm not sure how far you want to put Mega Diancie into a check category to where you'd be poorly using an illustrious HP stat, assuming you are expecting a boost to 120+.
I haven't done a suspect before b/c for the first 3-4 years I mostly just dicked around, but why 78 specifically? It seems to be a really odd number to be at and most of the people on the ladder don't break this. It seems to be a bit high and arbitrary. I would understand up to 75, but why 78? This is just me being new to all of this.sin(pi) said:
- Have a GXE of at least 78
I'll be going point by point and into a fair amount of detail, so bear with me.
- Mega Sableye has significant opportunity cost... ...And on stall, Mega Sableye has so much competition for HP, its insane... ...it's not always easy to make the call to give it to Mega Sableye.
- Mega Sableye has multiple counters, across all playstyles. With impeccable, perfect prediction nothing has counters - but nobody's perfect.
- So what is the actual problem with Mega Sableye? Well... It makes team-buidling harder. Having a whopping four bans in, like, 12 days is kinda extreme. Soul dew, Goth, Chansey and Blissey - although the former weren't supposed to be allowed.
Completely agree, deoxys teams will run all over other archtypes without mega sableye. Spiritomb could run a similar set and pursuit trap deoxys but it has way worse bulk and lacks recover and magic bounce, so thats an immediate loss. Its too easy for things like smeargle to break teams now because there aren't enough pokemon with typing and bulk to stop his attacks.Pipotchi said:good points above.
honestly i feel like while mega sableye deserves suspect, it is being suspected alongside the wrong pokemon. deoxys and mega sableye are the two mons that seem to be yin and yang in this metagame; not because they are used on the same team, but one of the only ways to break mega sableye seems to be with a nuclear 180 atk or spa stat; on the flipside deoxys makes the meta so offensive that stall teams need a bastion to keep them viable that checks everything outside of these 180 offense nightmares in order to have the teamslots available to cover other threats.
mega sableye is a godsend because it walls deoxys and also can usually beat the mon that inherits speed, so deoxys teams get limited to two or three scary threats. against non-sableye teams you have 4 monsters threatening to blow up your whole team; deoxys, the mons that inherit both offenses, and the mon that inherits speed. and its a tossup whether the other two mons will be dangerous to your team also.. i do think if we remove mega sableye, deoxys teams will run wild. and if we remove deoxys, sableye will become even more of a nightmare. talon is featured on deo teams but i dont believe he is the main problem.
Gonna respond purely to your bullet points, if that's alright. I enjoy a well though through response but I don't really have time - we did have an extensive discussion on showdown where good points were brought up - mostly the increased viability in Metal Burst.
- It's far too constricting for teambuilds. Sure the metagame is new and still developing, but when utilized to its full potential and on a great teambuild, especially Stall, it is nearly impossible to beat.
- Its Utility options paired with Magic Bounce are simply too great to ignore; Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Recover, Knock Off, Foul Play, Calm Mind, Snarl, Dark Pulse, Night Shade, Fake Out, Metal Burst, and Taunt.
- It nearly has the Chansey/Blissey effect to where it is simply one of the best possible options for the HP slot on Stall teams and acts as a blanket check to most of the metagame.