Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, we have like 4 people trying to reveal this at once (I was going to be another one). This is a cool little thing. I have no clue about it right now. It's really hard to get a lot of detail on it. I'm betting in the card game it will be a Psychic type (so either a Psychic, Poison, or Ghost). But I guess we'll see.

What a cutie!

Also, some people are saying that this might be Pyukumuku's evolution. I really don't see the resemblence. I'd like to see them hang out, though!

This is… interesting. Does anyone know what kind of animal is it supposed to be? I tried looking at images of sea cucumbers and anemones, but haven't found one that resembles this mon. Does it have a beak on the top of its head? Like kind of an inverted octopus?

Anyways, it looks like Poison type. Possibly Water type too, but then we have had Stunfisk, Eelektross, Malamar. Let's wait for the official announcement.

Edit:

It may be based on an anemone (as Rapti suggested) and a crown of thorns starfish. I'm also getting a first stage vibe from its design.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
My first thought about the Sea Urchin Pokemon was that it looked like a Grass/Dark Alternative Steenee Evolution for the ones that are bitter about not being allowed to evolve into Tsareena... Then people pointed out that it's a Sea Urchin. My guess at the Typing is Water/Dark.

Now you guys got me tearing up. I'm gonna miss seeing all this discussion and funny posts.
I think that it's kind of funny that some people are treating the end of Spoiler Season as the end of an event when it's supposed to mean that what we were waiting for is coming soon, but at the same time, I completely understand. Who didn't like making fun of the "official reason" Riachu's Darwin Evolution?

Hikikomori Sea Urchin! looks pretty cute, and kinda like an unevolved pokemon, so it doesn't appear to be related to pyuk.

Might possibly be that Water/Ghost that was brought up a few times in leaks, but we'll have to wait and see
It was removed from the list recently though, so maybe not? i still kinda hope though, since i was the one mentioning it :P

This might be completely off-base, but does anyone think it might be Marshadow? It appears to be on the seafloor and partially obscured behind its "hair" or whatever that is, which matches up nicely with mare=sea and shadow. It does look pretty puny though.

Aww, somebody beat me to it, but that's definitely based on Acanthaster planci, the crown-of-thorns sea star.

1) It has radial morphology (arms, other appendages in a ring), which is a signature of echinoderms.

2) It has spines on the arms. If it weren't for that, I'd say it was an anenome or some other cnidarian.

3) Crown-of-thorns sea stars are infamous for eating corals, sometimes swarming entire reefs and devouring them en masse, hence this comment:

It looks a lot like a crown-of-thorns starfish-esque Pokemon to me.

If that is what its based off of....

... better hide the Corsola.
Hawaii is also famous for their corals, so adding a "troublemaker" that likes to eat them would make sense and help flesh out the regional dex.

3) Sea cucumbers, sea stars, sea lilies, and sea urchins all belong in phylum echinodermata. Since it's not uncommon for pokemon based on animals to evolve into another animal in the same family (Bidoof is a perfect example) or other taxonomic level, I think it's safe to bet that this is either Pyukumuku's evolved form, or the second stage of another unreleased pokemon.

Very cool looking, though. It's a nice blend of realistic and creepy.

Serebii put up some info, some interesting bits:
Z-Moves power does indeed depend on the power of the move it replaces, with Gigavolt Havoc being 175 base power.
Water Shuriken is a Special move, and Battle Bond boosts its power.
And there are two events, one in 5 days and one in 18 days.

also: Super Potion Buff (why?) and Hakamo-o is apparently a Totem Pokemon.

Wait, where do we know that Z-Moves' power depends on the power of the base move? This is the first time I ever recall a base power being known at all. (e.g. how do we know that Gigavolt Havoc doesn't have a 175 base power all the time?)

Wait, where do we know that Z-Moves' power depends on the power of the base move? This is the first time I ever recall a base power being known at all. (e.g. how do we know that Gigavolt Havoc doesn't have a 175 base power all the time?)
Based on what I've seen in the demo thread, the demo apparently confirmed it.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Don't have the pic here with me, but the move description says so. 170 BP and "this move power changes based on the base one blahblahblah"

I guess if anyone was still doubting the Chinese riddler for some reason, this is another thing he predicted with the water and japanese actress who played the ring monster on his chart.

I like the design, it's interesting! I hope it's water/ghost and evolves to something creepier.
No relation, actually.

The Yin/Yukie Nakama riddle was Silvally. The Mandarin name for Silvally has both "yin" and the word for "comrade/nakama" in it. Really straightforward word riddle that only makes sense in Mandarin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)