Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alolan Dugtrio line - I don't get why people are hating this... It's absolutely HILARIOUS. One of the worst pokémon designs ever? Well, that's true for the original dugtrio, three whac-a-mole wieners isn't exactly the most exciting concept out there. This new form totally isn't supposed to be taken seriously, every gen had its "joke-mons" and this one is pretty funny indeed. I wonder how it'll be explained as an adaptation though, ground/fairy is rumored but I don't get the connection... Likely GF will pull another pancakes-adaptation on this one. Ground/Water learning surf would be great.

Alolan Golem line - I was wondering how much time it would've passed before getting an asphalt pokémon... Looks like we're getting it now! Really cool, I love the tar-beard-moustaches-eyebrows... Rock/Dark maybe?
the Alolan Dugtrio is probably grass/ground with its hair being a wild grass that grows form being in a tropical area with more sunlight

The black on the Alolan Golem line is obviously not asphalt but the shape iron takes when magnetized. if you want an example go drop a magnet in the sand and you will see what I am talking about

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Man, the thunder-wave nerf though, I read somewhere apparantly pokemon above 95 speed now outspeed stuff like clefable, man this changes shit!!!(Now keldeo isn't afraid to spam 2 hydro pumps in a row without getting bopped by moonblast on the second turn for example)
Accuracy drop won't be a big issue as we already use will-o-wisp a lot but it might be just me but 90 accuracy moves are really crooked on PS though.

This will be the cream of the crop!

I like tapu koko's brothers and sister...

But I'm so confused about the legendares pre-evos......
Tbh I kind of like the whole idea of legendaries originating from something weak and cute into saviors of world.

Last edited by a moderator:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Alolan Dugtrio line - I don't get why people are hating this... It's absolutely HILARIOUS. One of the worst pokémon designs ever? Well, that's true for the original dugtrio, three whac-a-mole wieners isn't exactly the most exciting concept out there. This new form totally isn't supposed to be taken seriously, every gen had its "joke-mons" and this one is pretty funny indeed. I wonder how it'll be explained as an adaptation though, ground/fairy is rumored but I don't get the connection... Likely GF will pull another pancakes-adaptation on this one. Ground/Water learning surf would be great.
Alolan Dugtrio is obviously Ground/Dragon because they added a fabulous hair to it, so it's a dragon

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
Spectrogram of team Skull theme, proving once again leaks were meant to happen !

PS : to me, the red Tapu looks more like a Bull head than an open book, it's appearance make me think of strenght more than knowledge
Wait, is this actually real? (It could be just a neat easter egg, but maybe everything was planned so the hype was even greater)

I saw the latest datamine video and I came straight here. So, a few things.

First, TM 28 no longer teaches Dig....wow, the end of an era, people. It's not a move you'd ever use competitively, but that means we have one less TM that's taught one move consistently throughout every Generation.

As for it getting replaced by Leech Life, I hope that means it is finally getting a nice buff. If not, it will probably end up like String Shot when it was a Tutor move in HG/SS, in that it will only be taught to Pokemon for the sake of novelty (ex. Vensaur used String Shot! Wait, what?)

Surf and Waterfall remaining Machine moves is good, and was too be expected. I mean, we do see Wishiwashi use Surf in the Version Exclusives reveal trailer after all. Fly though....huh. You'd think that, if they were going to drop Dig from the TM roster that Fly would follow suit, but whatever.

TM01 containing Work Up is back, so in other words, fear the fury of one of my favorite gimmick sets: Simple Work Up Bibarel. Is it good? Nah, not really, but man is it fun!

And aww, no more Incinerate by TM? It was just starting to get decent in Gen 6....

Retaliate is no big loss, despite its incredible animation, and then we have another first. Gen 7 will mark the first time that Flash is not teachable by Machine. There really is a lot going the way of the dodo this time around. Struggle Bug is another meh loss, since it is decent in Double (but Snarl is often better) has decent distribution sans TM.

Yet another first; Rock Smash, for the first time since it was introduced, is not a TM or HM. That said, there is a Rock Smashing Pikipek in the demo, which I guess means it's a level-up move? Weird...

Finally, Power-Up Punch has been replaced, meaning that (barring any changes to its Egg Moves or an Event) PUP Mega Kang will not be allowed in VGC 2018. Combine that with the Parental Bond nerf, and it is looking a lot less OP this time around.

Well having a specific ball for the Ultra Beasts makes me feel a little better about catching them. Still wish we couldn't because it's going to be weird seeing them online, but I won't lose sleep over it.

EDIT: holy crap wait, PuP isn't a TM! Mega Khan isn't as broken in VGC anymore. PRAISE GAMEFREAK! Please don't do something stupid now and add it to its egg moves.

I wouldn't be surprised if Leech Life became a bug-type Draining Kiss (50 bp, heals 75% of damage), considering the move's description had always placed a tremendous amount of emphasis on the "stealing opponent's life" part.

As for Ultra Beasts being catchable, all I can say is that my body is ready for buffsquito.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I wouldn't be surprised if Leech Life became a bug-type Draining Kiss (50 bp, heals 75% of damage), considering the move's description had always placed a tremendous amount of emphasis on the "stealing opponent's life" part.
Hm. Scizor gets Stab Technician on that... Maybe?

Also I'm no longer against the paralysis nerf, I'm just upset that Nintendo thinks slightly nerfing an accuracy so it can miss when you crucially need it is somehow an actual balance change. Like seriously, I can understand moves like Hydro Pump because that way in a long battle where you spam Hydro Pump and a miss can allow a Pokemon like Gliscor to actually wall Rotom-W pretty well. A status condition however, HO needs that or otherwise you miss and you get 6-0'd by mons like zard X. I don't feel sorry for Clefable that thing needed to be outsped by anything base 93 and above but freaking Thundurus man, that really sucks for him. But I'm not upset over the paralysis nerf because I realize burn mechanics are the same as paralysis mechanics and that it halfs and isn't just a -2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)