Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I just realized the Pokemon-amie for Incineroar took place on the map for Free-For-Alls. I assumed the map wouldn't be accessible in game like the online arenas in XY/ORAS, so that's kind of interesting. Can we pick the map or actually physically go there this time, I wonder.

Very cool new video. I was also caught off guard by Decidueye's typing...didn't expect it at all. I think the name hints at a connection to the Ghost typing. Deciduous trees lose all their leaves in the winter (in cold climates) and appear to die. Even though Alola is warm I'd guess that's what they're alluding to with the name. The name could also refer to the fact that it picks/sheds feathers/leaves to use as arrows. I think it's my fave of the starter trio but they're all nice. Incineroar looks much less like a generic bipedal Fire starter when animated. It shows a lot of unique personality. While I always pick the water starter (look at my name), I like Popplio's final the least. I don't hate it though. It has the best defensive typing of the bunch so I hope its other attributes complement that.

Uhhh...So our TV Tropes translator noticed something....dark.... in one of the Tapu's descriptions.

The English version reads:

"There is a legend which says that long ago Tapu Lele once brought an end to war between the islands of Alola by scattering its scales and soothing the tired warriors."

The Japanese version has this as well, but this next part was cut out from the English site:
"In truth, it's said that the war ended because the warriors, empowered by the scales, fought until every one of them was dead."

O_O ... D-Dont mess with Tapu Lele, people....

Uhhh...So our TV Tropes translator noticed something....dark.... in one of the Tapu's descriptions.

"There is a legend which says that long ago Tapu Lele once brought an end to war between the islands of Alola by scattering its scales and soothing the tired warriors."

The Japanese version has this as well, but this next part was cut out from the English site:
"In truth, it's said that the war ended because the warriors, empowered by the scales, fought until every one of them was dead."

You know, For kids!

And this is the guardian of the isle.

For some reason I'm starting to have the feeling they will be willing to take extreme measures about the Ultra Beasts. 'Extreme' as in...

And I just realized the Pokemon-amie for Incineroar took place on the map for Free-For-Alls. I assumed the map wouldn't be accessible in game like the online arenas in XY/ORAS, so that's kind of interesting. Can we pick the map or actually physically go there this time, I wonder.
If i had to guess you can go inside the building where Battle Royals take place, but may not be able to visit that particular area. my guess is that it uses that background for Pokemon Refresh when you are in that building.

Is it possible to know the attack stat of the Grass/Fairy Topu?
I don't think so, given we don't know the final stats of 10% Zygarde.

I also want to say how thrilled I am with the animation of these starters in the Refresh interactions. Seriously. The facial expressions and mannerisms of Incineroar look like he was ripped out of a Pixar/Dreamworks movie. Incineroar confirmed for Kung Fu Panda 12 (or whatever one is next)?? I'm a owl guy all the way, especially with that typing, but this is awesome. The 18th can't come soon enough.

I think that Primarina actually has the chance for Serene Grace as its HA based on appearance, which would actually fit in with the gimmick of its signature move if it's like the rest of the status healing moves. Heck, for all we know, the starters' signature moves are going to be hovering around the 95 BP range and we'll be using them anyways. Besides, I'm pretty sure Keldeo still uses both Scald/Hydro Pump on its Specs sets.

Inceneroar looks pretty nice. Love the animations for it, seeing as how it personifies the drama of a Heel Wrestler very well with them.

Decidueye looks pretty good as well. I see Ghost as an improvement over Flying typing-wise and it'll still get access to Flying type moves because it's still a bird. My question is whether or not it'll be a Physical or Special attacker. Leafage is just an ember clone(vine whip wouldn't fit) and its signature move looks physical, but it's a ghost type move.

Guys, is Decidueye the first instance of multiple secondary types appearing within one starter line (grass/flying to grass/ghost)? Flavor-wise it makes sense but it definitely caught me off guard.

I think that Primarina actually has the chance for Serene Grace as its HA based on appearance, which would actually fit in with the gimmick of its signature move if it's like the rest of the status healing moves. Heck, for all we know, the starters' signature moves are going to be hovering around the 95 BP range and we'll be using them anyways. Besides, I'm pretty sure Keldeo still uses both Scald/Hydro Pump on its Specs sets.

Inceneroar looks pretty nice. Love the animations for it, seeing as how it personifies the drama of a Heel Wrestler very well with them.

Decidueye looks pretty good as well. I see Ghost as an improvement over Flying typing-wise and it'll still get access to Flying type moves because it's still a bird. My question is whether or not it'll be a Physical or Special attacker. Leafage is just an ember clone(vine whip wouldn't fit) and its signature move looks physical, but it's a ghost type move.
Maybe I don't do enough competitive, but why would you ever want 2 attacking moves of the same type? You seem to really ruin your type coverage. Her special move sounds like it may hit everyone on the field, so it may be a good way to heal a teammate of a burn. And if it also does double damage... 95 BP doing double damage is insane. I do plan on having the Ghost bird(which probably gets will-o-wisp), and the fire/poison lizard so I should be burning quite a few pokemon.

Inceneroar probably has the best animations I have ever seen for a pokemon in the series. Kudos Gamefreak, its is damn amazing. Normally I would have to go for the ghost starter in my other version, but he just looks too amazing not to use.

Ghost/Grass is not new, but it still is a great typeing. Gourgiest and the ghost tree were solid wall pokemon, so seeing a more offensive version of the typing is nice. The website says its a physical move, so I assume at the least the Bird is a Mixed attacker.

Guys, is Decidueye the first instance of multiple secondary types appearing within one starter line (grass/flying to grass/ghost)? Flavor-wise it makes sense but it definitely caught me off guard.
It caught me off-guard too, but it was definitely a welcome surprise

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
So it occurs to me that in addition to the whole stealth angle, there's another justification for Decidueye being a Ghost-type. See those long legs? Those are morphologically consistent with the Hawaiian stilt-owls (Grallistrix sp.), which are thought to have had a primarily terrestrial lifestyle (hence the loss of Flying typing). Burrowing owls, which are also mostly terrestrial, have the same elongated legs. The real kicker here? The Hawaiian stilt-owls are extinct.

Decidueye is a Ghost because it's based on extinct animals that have never been seen alive.

My question is whether or not it'll be a Physical or Special attacker. Leafage is just an ember clone(vine whip wouldn't fit) and its signature move looks physical, but it's a ghost type move.
There's no written rule, but with Starters there's almost always a mixed attacker. Inceneroar looks like a powerful physical attacker, while Primarine definitely looks like specially oriented. I'm guessing Decidueye is going to be mixed.

so trying to decide my teams. A bit early I know but cannot help it. I got 5 of the 6 pokemon decided for my Moon team.

Primarina, The evolved form of Sandalite, Oricorio Sensu style, Tsareena, and Alolan Ninetails. Not sure on who will be my 6th. If we do get the ultra beasts I would love Beauty on my team, would fit the theme of all new female beauty pokemon. I wonder if UB's would be in Uber tier... probably. But I am not sure who else to pick

Sun I am having a lot more difficulty, since it all ties to which other starter. I mean I would normally go for the ghost but Inceneroar looks absolutly fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)