Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see that thing getting Tough Claws. It sort of reminds me of Barbaracle in terms of body shape, and seeing the abilities that one gets...

11 new abilities are a lot. I wonder what HAs Gen 7 will bless (or to some, curse) us with. I also wonder how many existing Pokemon have ability slots left to incorporate new abilities. It seems like most mons that don't have their ability integral to their design already have hidden abilities, but I think there are a few Pokemon that only have one normal ability that could get another one (I think it happened with a few mons this Gen, with Competitive for example on Milotic and the Wigglytuff and Gothitelle lines).

11 new abilities are a lot. I wonder what HAs Gen 7 will bless (or to some, curse) us with. I also wonder how many existing Pokemon have ability slots left to incorporate new abilities. It seems like most mons that don't have their ability integral to their design already have hidden abilities, but I think there are a few Pokemon that only have one normal ability that could get another one (I think it happened with a few mons this Gen, with Competitive for example on Milotic and the Wigglytuff and Gothitelle lines).
The worst part of the datamine was seeing pokemon still only have slots for 3 abilities.

There's a fair few pokemon that have open second slots http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_Ability
but i'm not optimistic that any of these new abilities will go to them.

Every generation after (obviously) the third one, in one way or another, gave new abilities to already-existing Pokemon. Gen IV and VI filled certain free second slots while Gen V added hidden abilities.

It's practically a given that it will happen again.

(I'd like for once that Pokemon with Levitate get new abilities. I mean, only Giratina-O gets Levitate and a second ability IIRC, and that's because Giratina-A does not have Levitate)

Every generation after (obviously) the third one, in one way or another, gave new abilities to already-existing Pokemon. Gen IV and VI filled certain free second slots while Gen V added hidden abilities.

It's practically a given that it will happen again.

(I'd like for once that Pokemon with Levitate get new abilities. I mean, only Giratina-O gets Levitate and a second ability IIRC, and that's because Giratina-A does not have Levitate)
Bronzor & Bronzong get a full suite of abilities which has always made it absolutely bizzare that they never let any of the other levitate pokemon get it. If a floating mirror & bell aren't locked to Levitate, there's no reason for Carnivine, Claydol, Solrock, Flygon, Cryogonal, etc to be locked.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Inb4 they give Hydreigon Parental Bond as HA

But seriously there are some abilities they should change (Like how they changed in Gen 6 so Electric Types don't get paralyzed but kept Limber Stunfisk a thing) and some who deserve to be changed (The biggest unfairness of all is Samurott being let with a crap ability while one of it's friends got up to ou by having Contary and the other has an ability with lots of moves it can abuse)

Inb4 they give Hydreigon Parental Bond as HA

But seriously there are some abilities they should change (Like how they changed in Gen 6 so Electric Types don't get paralyzed but kept Limber Stunfisk a thing) and some who deserve to be changed (The biggest unfairness of all is Samurott being let with a crap ability while one of it's friends got up to ou by having Contary and the other has an ability with lots of moves it can abuse)
Scolipede at least switched hidden abiltiies so maybe some of the lamer abilities can get switched to new goodies.

Queenly Majesty Vespiquen & Jellicent, please save us

New trailer providing us with new footages of the game, including what is possibly the Psychic Z-Move, some (new?) move used by Vikavolt, messages of move effectiveness (can someone who can read japanese confirm this?) among other things.
I don't speak japanese but it's pretty clearly talking about effectiveness. It shows a NVE move, a SE move and then transitions into how the bottom screen tracks effectiveness

I don't speak japanese but it's pretty clearly talking about effectiveness. It shows a NVE move, a SE move and then transitions into how the bottom screen tracks effectiveness
Yeah, that's kind of definitely, certainly it.

Also, Energy Ball looks amazing, with the rotating energy inside of it and just the right amount of glow and opacity.

The move effective stuff on your moves was in the Demo. I think how it works is that if you catch or hit the new pokemon on the first turn then all moves show if they are effective or not. Though I'd prefer it work like if you test a move type on a new pokemon it records only that type verse that pokemon. So you slowly build a 'what works on what pokemon' kinda thing if you know what i mean. A attack data memory if you will.

The move effective stuff on your moves was in the Demo. I think how it works is that if you catch or hit the new pokemon on the first turn then all moves show if they are effective or not. Though I'd prefer it work like if you test a move type on a new pokemon it records only that type verse that pokemon. So you slowly build a 'what works on what pokemon' kinda thing if you know what i mean. A attack data memory if you will.
That's almost exactly how it works, but the Pokemon has to be caught or defeated, not just caught or hit. After that, Type effectiveness for that species/form will pop up in any subsequent battles. It doesn't matter what moves hit them; effectiveness for all Types will show up, as long as they have been caught or defeated before. This was all covered at E3, actually (but I am slowly realizing that apparently very few people seem to remember the Treehouse gameplay).

That's almost exactly how it works, but the Pokemon has to be caught or defeated, not just caught or hit. After that, Type effectiveness for that species/form will pop up in any subsequent battles. It doesn't matter what moves hit them; effectiveness for all Types will show up, as long as they have been caught or defeated before. This was all covered at E3, actually (but I am slowly realizing that apparently very few people seem to remember the Treehouse gameplay).
I wasn't quite sure how it was working when I was playing the demo. I thought i was going crazy when the type effectiveness randomly appeared in battles. didn't realise the pattern then.

I wasn't quite sure how it was working when I was playing the demo. I thought i was going crazy when the type effectiveness randomly appeared in battles. didn't realise the pattern then.
Well, you're not crazy, so that's good! Honestly, it's a feature that will have no affect on me, as I know my Type match-ups, so I'll just end up ignoring the effectiveness cues.

Also, this comes from Falo over on Serebii forums (original post http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...SPOILER-HEAVY/page158&p=18251853#post18251853), who has been mining a lot of the code:

And yes i reversed most of code to get the save file structure (i'm building a Sun&Moon Save Editor).
I'm currently done with the Pokedex entries "Savedata::ZukanData".
There are 832 flags for unique pokemon caught and 8 * 1120 for male/female/shiny + form, as well as 7360 language flags.

There is still some code left, where i didn't look into yet:
Savedata::Fashion
Savedata::JoinFestaPersonalSave
Savedata::JoinFestaDataSave
Savedata::BattleSpotData
Savedata::PokeFinderSave
Savedata::PokeDiarySave
Savedata::BattleInstSave
Savedata::WeatherSave

Now, before anyone gets excited, 832 flags does not mean 832 total Pokemon. Gen 6 also had excess, so we likely have the 802 we've known about since the intial datamining.

The fact that there's a totem Wishiwashi in one of the new Japanese trailers, it may mean that the datamine is incomplete.
It's not incomplete, at least as far as the Dex is concerned. Odds are that Wishiwashi's already so large that they didn't feel the need to make it bigger in its Totem form (my guess is that it will just always be in its School Form, not reverting even after heavy damage).

It's not incomplete, at least as far as the Dex is concerned. Odds are that Wishiwashi's already so large that they didn't feel the need to make it bigger in its Totem form (my guess is that it will just always be in its School Form, not reverting even after heavy damage).
Bulbapedia is thinking the same way and the intro to the totem fight in an earlier trailer shows it in school form at the start and it doesn't look bigger than the standard school form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)