Serious US Election Thread (read post #2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is anyone really surprised that of all the twists and turns we've finally arrived at satanic rituals and the occult

In other news Clinton is ahead enough in polling in her firewall (excluding NH) and Florida that I think it's safe to say she's stabilized after the Comey incident and should be a heavy favorite (more than the 70-30 that it would've been earlier this week) barring additional FBI announcements over the next few days

Yeah, I don't think that the email stuff will do any more damage since nothing came of it so far.
If, God forbid, Trump gets elected, we'll see if his "art of the deal" spin actually has any merit in the White House. And honestly, there's no way Congress would approve most of his more insane measures, right? Actually, the more I think about the details, the more frightening it becomes...
5 days to go, people

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I vowed a long time ago that I would vote for neither Trump nor Hillary (would have voted Republican if it were ANY candidate but Trump), and instead thought that I would vote Gary Johnson despite the fact that my social, political, and religious views do not line up with him at all. I had his name filled in on my sample ballot and everything. I saw it more as a protest vote than anything, a chance to give more recognition to the Libertarian party (hell, any 3rd party) and I thought this was our best chance in ages to do that. However, after doing research on McMullin, I have discovered that I line up with him on most issues, and much more confidently than with any of the current candidates. It just so happens that he is a write-in candidate in California, and he will be getting my vote; not as a protest, but "voting my conscience." I am sort of proud of the fact that I have not voted for the same party for president since I became eligible to vote. I voted for Obama in '08 (while being a registered Republican lol), Romney in '12, and am now aiming for a write-in that's not Mickey Mouse. I rescinded my affiliation with the GOP this year, and I actually hope it dissolves. It would be nice to throw a monkey wrench into the current political system. I'm looking forward to the crippled phoenix that will rise in the GOP's ashes.

Ah, the joys of being inept at discussing politics.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
In other news Clinton is ahead enough in polling in her firewall (excluding NH) and Florida that I think it's safe to say she's stabilized after the Comey incident and should be a heavy favorite (more than the 70-30 that it would've been earlier this week) barring additional FBI announcements over the next few days
Where are you getting that Florida is secure? I'm not challenging the assertion I just haven't heard as much anywhere, and I'd figure that the lower black turnout would hurt Clinton pretty badly in Florida.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Where are you getting that Florida is secure? I'm not challenging the assertion I just haven't heard as much anywhere, and I'd figure that the lower black turnout would hurt Clinton pretty badly in Florida.
Well I never said secure, I said that her polling lead there of late (she's led in 5/6 of the most recent polls and is +3.5 in the most recent two) would indicate that she's in a fairly decent position that will at the least force Trump to spend more time/resources there. She's doing better there than she is in New Hampshire now, though yes the black turnout decrease and early voting records are not particularly promising for her. The key is that her firewall holds and the stabilization that's happened in the last ~48 hours would indicate that she's in a much better position to do that now (and will probably be in a better position to do that on election day) than she was a few days ago. If the election were today I'd put the odds are 3 to 1 of a Clinton win (versus maybe 2 to 1 this past Monday/Tuesday) but I feel like it'll expand to 4 or 5 to 1 by the time the fallout from the FBI investigation announcement ends (most likely early next week).

You never know though, there's definite polling signs in the other direction so it could be that things start to tighten again come election day. I have a feeling however that natural stabilization of the race in the coming days will favor Clinton barring further Clinton scandal news cycles, as the general inertia of the race seems to be settling on a lead of roughly 2.5 - 3 points nationally barring extraneous circumstances.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
I vowed a long time ago that I would vote for neither Trump nor Hillary (would have voted Republican if it were ANY candidate but Trump)
Any candidate? There were some some other truly terrible ones this year. Off the top of my head: Carson and Cruz. Carson made Trump look knowledgeable, and I'm just about convinced that Cruz is an egomaniac not unlike Trump. That's not even mentioning Fiorina (no experience) and Huckabee (says crazy shit).

By the way, do you guys remember when we had an election in Canada over a year ago, and people here were complaining that the campaign was too long? Congrats on finally being almost at the end of yours.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The best sign for Clinton winning Florida is early voting being higher than normal with a lot of that being from Latino voters, paired with polls that have her on track to unsurprisingly win a record margin of latino voters, even in Florida. She's winning the non-Cubans by a ton and only losing the Cubans by like 5-10 (GOP usually wins them by like 30.)

Still not sold that she will because Florida is just a very diverse state that's difficult to predict. It all comes down to turnout of various blocs. And while we know a good bit about the early voters and that there are a lot of them, that doesn't necessarily mean anything about those who vote on Tuesday.

Shaka Brah

Banned deucer.
Where were yall when we found out that the entire dem primary was a sham and that voting in Hillary is basically giving direct support to ppls who are trying to undermine the election system?
https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/47719

From:slatham@hillaryclinton.com To: john.podesta@gmail.com Date: 2015-12-09 11:09 Subject:

Robby's memo for this afternoon
In the attachment is their General Election Transition Concept... 2 months before the primaries started.

Objective of Comm Plan

● Frame the general election race for press and electorate at large: why HRC is running, contrast with GOP, what’s at stake for target voters (will take place in BG states, but national framing is the core objective).

Secondary objective will be communicating Democratic unity and using Sanders and others to help drive contrast and urgency.
Take a gander at the specific goals section:

Specific Goals ● Reroll out core campaign message (fighting for us)/make the contrast with the GOP clear

● Put the GOP immediately on the defensive and create crosspressure between general election and primary messages; force them to get firmly on the record with right wing positions

● Protect and reinforce leads with key constituencies

● Conduct tour in key markets to hit BG voters; focus on states that didn’t get as much time in primaries

● Demonstrate unity through POTUS, Sanders, O’M and other endorsements. Have primary opponents help drive contrast and urgency.
2015 endorsements were preplanned

and timing for the primaries to end was planned;

Scenario 1: Primary ends Feb 9 Feb 15March 29: rest, fundraising March: general election messaging tour, fundraising

Scenario 2: Primary ends March 1 March 1March 15: rest, fundraising March 15April 15: general election messaging tour, fundraising

Scenario 3: Primary ends March 15 March 15March 30: rest, fundraising April 1April 15: general election messaging tour, fundraising
Birddogging:

OUT OF DATE/OUT OF TOUCH TEAM

Special team of reliable GOP opposition surrogatesthis may be a good project for DWSwho birddog GOP candidates, especially likely nominee, at their events (need special staff team at HQ that does this); reinforce basic contrast message and try to push them further to the right.

1. Women’s bus tour chasing GOP; speaking at events and challenging them to be clear on women’s health/equality issues

2. Hispanic activist groups to protest GOP events; seek outside groups to badger GOP candidates, get them on the record

3. AA team; POTUS legacy?

4. Youth group? Hollywood types or digital influencers?
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/47397

Fwd: Sanders criticism

From:re47@hillaryclinton.com To: john.podesta@gmail.com Date: 2015-05-26 12:04 Subject: Fwd: Sanders criticism

This isn't in keeping w the agreement. Since we clearly have some leverage, would be good to flag this for him. I could send a signal via Welch--or did you establish a direct line w him?

Begin forwarded message: From: Christina Reynolds creynolds@hillaryclinton.com Date: May 26, 2015 at 9:22:07 AM EDT To: Robby Mook re47@hillaryclinton.com, Kristina Schake < kschake@hillaryclinton.com>, Jennifer Palmieri < jpalmieri@hillaryclinton.com>, Tony Carrk tcarrk@hillaryclinton.com, John Podesta john.podesta@gmail.com, Oren Shur oshur@hillaryclinton.com, Brian Fallon bfallon@hillaryclinton.com Subject: FW: Sanders criticism Following up on our call on Friday, just wanted to give some updates and flag that Bernie went after HRC and WJC on wealth (including using the word “hustle."
Sanders agreed prior to not attach before running against Hillary

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
maybe im reading into it improperly but this to me reads like a candidate preparing ahead because she was viewed as inevitable, not only by her own campaign but also her friends and foes within both the democratic and republican camp

explain like i am 5. whats the damning part in the above

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol "the agreement" so specific plz conspiracize away

It was most likely just an agreement to not go negative on each other, since they basically never did for the whole primary.

Shaka Brah

Banned deucer.
If you want to read the one last email in isolation with no context w/r/t the attachment in the post, sure. Bernie was planned opposition. It's laid out there in front of your eyes. I can lead you to water but if you're going to make unsupported assumptions without documents/references to back them up then it's clear that you're too opinionated to be convinced on this. It's clear that the deck's been stacked in Hillary's favor since before the primaries even started tho.

I wonder what Bernie is really doing with the millions of dollars his bernbot supporters donated to his "campaign" lolz.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Why would HRC need planned opposition? She clearly wasn't going to receive any major opposition from anyone else, so Sanders wasn't there to distract people from a more dangerous candidate. Trying to mobilize millennials to get out and vote doesn't seem like a very likely reason either since those millennials mostly live in bigger cities, and as this electoral map of America's counties shows, counties with bigger cities are the ones that tend to be solidly blue already.

I don't doubt that the DNC's a shady business in a few ways, but I don't see a logical explanation as to why they would put Sanders forward as Clinton's rival on purpose. Those emails don't seem to prove this theory anyway.

If anything Sanders running against her lowered her favorability with young people and certaintly did not favors in helping them get out and vote for her in the general. No way did Sanders running against her help her at all in fact I'd say it worsened her. Heard about the potential Washington faithless elector?

referring to someone as a CTR shill is a very easy way to make sure no one take your opinion seriously lol

finally got a chance to vote in my ~~first election~~ on friday. waited 2 hours in line to make a most likely meaningless vote for hillary (georgia!) but w/e. democracy is ok sometimes

Hey, you guys know that big Hillary email news that broke last Friday and brought Trump to within striking distance in the polls? Turns out that was nothing according to Comey's letter today. Hope there's gonna be a big rebound towards Clinton
Honestly doubt they read through 650k emails and investigated them properly in such short time to be honest.

if you actually think the fbi reads emails one by one, you're an idiot
I don't. I do however expect them to investigate them and perhaps seek out keywords/hidden messages and look into it, considering a large amount of the population (and not only select few) openly believes the Clintons are behind high treason, possible murder and even child trafficking. If it's false, then so be it, we were all fooled. If it's true, then this is a matter of absolute national security and an even greater problem within the government.

If you think the FBI spends less than a week investigating someone for something like this, you are an idiot.

And how many investigations (by people who are no fans of Hillary, no less) is it gonna take you to admit this? A third? Fifth? The tenth one?
Honestly I can't answer that, because we both know if I said "three" I'd be lying. What I am saying is that there is no investigations lasting less than a week regarding heavy accusations like this. We have had investigations over here lasting years over possible spy activities, purely to find if there's any ground on the claim. Her accusations are slightly heavier than that. And if even a single of those have a sleigh of truth, then that alone is a heavy offense.

But if Hillary is elected, I will accept it.

Bughouse

or maybe it's just that like 99% of the 650,000 could be immediately screened out because they had nothing to do with Hillary. They only care about emails that are actually tied to the previously conducted investigation. As it was Anthony Weiner's laptop, presumably very little on it was from Hillary Clinton. Why would she email Weiner or vice versa when his wife and her main assistant, Huma Abedin, is the obvious go between.

The FBI only had authority based on the parameters of the investigation to look at emails to and from Hillary from the same time period that Hillary's email operation faced investigation. This was probably not many at all, since it's his computer not hers.

In fact, I haven't even seen a story from a non-tabloid that says even a single one of the emails that they then investigated was new and relevant. I'm doubtful that much of anything was new period, and if it was, it apparently wasn't relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)