Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to serebii's twitter someone has a copy of the game illegally and wanted to leak the game using their hacked 3ds
This pleases my information hunger. Things have been only getting slower as we edge to official release and as such makes me want to know all the bits and pieces of Pokemon knowledge to plan my team before I play. Plus I think it was said the last bit of info we will probably will get before release will be the corocoro for this month.

For clarification: he was responding to someone asking if leaks would be posted on the site IF someone got an illegal copy of the game. There is no evidence to suggest that anyone has done so. Let's not jump the gun.

Nintendo's legal action during previous generations' leaks should be intimidating enough to future leakers, so take anything you hear with a grain of salt. corocoro is only days away; until then the only news we might get is datamining info.

There's no doubt that the game will leak early (due to broken store street dates) and dumped (due to easily accessible hacked 3DSes, which we didn't have during XY release). But the specific incident that Serebii was responding to yesterday (which may have been deleted by now, I wouldn't be surprised) was fake, and not even a good believable one at that.

Realistically it probably wouldn't leak more than a week in advance, and even that is stretching for the best case scenario. And besides, if you're following this type of news, then you'll definitely know when it happens for real, and you won't need to question it.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
There's no doubt that the game will leak early (due to broken store street dates) and dumped (due to easily accessible hacked 3DSes, which we didn't have during XY release). But the specific incident that Serebii was responding to yesterday (which may have been deleted by now, I wouldn't be surprised) was fake, and not even a good believable one at that.

Realistically it probably wouldn't leak more than a week in advance, and even that is stretching for the best case scenario. And besides, if you're following this type of news, then you'll definitely know when it happens for real, and you won't need to question it.
Actually, pretty much all Japanese games leaks 1~2 days early in Hong Kong game shops.
And nothing has ever happened to those shops.
We have been getting stuff early for years.
I finished B2W2 before the release date.
I also got Monster Hunter X 2 days early.

Umm... can you go to jail for leaking that kind of info? I'm just curious.
Probably not jail, but other legal ramifications
Reviewers probably sign NDAs; probably some other reprimand from the company rather than jail, I imagine, unless some serious stuff was leaked?
Retailers have their own agreements in place and I think there's some legal ramifications for breaking street date. Again probably not jail since you can't really jail a retailer, though relevant employees probably get fired.
If someone gets a game before their supposed to & shows it off, there probably is some legal stuff about it. It's why C&Ds go out to prevent it from leaking. I know when gen 5 stuff was leaked, serebii was hit with one preventing any showing of pictures or talking about leaks and so forth. I know that scanning magazines is illegal and has been punished with jail time so I'm guessing there's a similar thing there.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Okay I haven't been keeping myself updated with the news, but do we know if Alolan forma are gonna have higher BST's than their normal forms? I really want Alolan Sandlash on my team but not if it has the same bad stats lol

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Okay I haven't been keeping myself updated with the news, but do we know if Alolan forma are gonna have higher BST's than their normal forms? I really want Alolan Sandlash on my team but not if it has the same bad stats lol
Tough to say, we know their stats have been redistributed but whether it'll be a different BST we don't know (and its been theorized the BST for the Pokemon in the demo have been lowered so even that cant be used as proof).

If I were making the decision, I would have the same BST BUT I would also raise their BST giving the normal forms points increase in their focused stats (or defensive stats, depends what they need the most).

But if I were to make a honest guess, I would actually say they'll have different BSTs just so GF have a complete clean slate instead of being limited. However that doesn't mean it'll always be significantly higher, it could only bit a bit higher or even lower depending on what GF decides.

I feel like the BST will be different because it says in sand description that it's heavier than a normal sandslash, and I know that using those descriptions aren't a valid reason to think they'll be different, but I feel like they thought to mention it might mean we will get a slight change. but considering looking at preliminary HP calculations, it looks like most pokemon have the same HP stats or similar (given it is very hard to calculate HP stats because we no longer can accurately predict what IV's and EV's gamefreak uses during those clips), but that might not be indicative of anything, or it'll be indicative of stat changes elsewhere besides HP. I'm just hoping that some do get stat changes or at least reallocation, but considering most pokemon getting alolan forms already have pretty low BST, a combination of the two would be much appreciated as long as it's not done in a way that makes it clear that alolan forms are just upgraded kanto forms.

Tough to say, we know their stats have been redistributed but whether it'll be a different BST we don't know (and its been theorized the BST for the Pokemon in the demo have been lowered so even that cant be used as proof).
I don't buy this anymore.
Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o & Fletchling all have BSTs accurate to their archetypes (pseudo stage 1, pseudo stage 2, early bird stage 1). Pikachu, Golbat weren't touched.

But Dugtrio, the one alolan form "normally" in the demo has no actual stats (nothing but pikachus).
But if I were to make a honest guess, I would actually say they'll have different BSTs just so GF have a complete clean slate instead of being limited. However that doesn't mean it'll always be significantly higher, it could only bit a bit higher or even lower depending on what GF decides.
I think they'll be the same BST but rearranged. Swapping BST is standard fare barring certain exceptions (Kyurem since it becomes whole, Zygarde since it becoems whole, rotom since it becomes wh--hmm) and it means they don't completely out class their original counterparts (just mostly...). Most of them have enough BST to move around effectively, anyway.[/quote]

Most of them have enough BST to move around effectively, anyway.
I'd like to say this was the case, but considering just over half of the pokemon to get alolan forms have less than 475 BST (the only ones that have over that are Raichu, Ninetails, Muk, and Exeggutor), it would take some wicked min-maxing to make them work well. could GF do some rearranging? yeah of course, but unless they get a small BST boost to go with it, I can't see many of them doing too well competitively.

I'd like to say this was the case, but considering just over half of the pokemon to get alolan forms have less than 475 BST (the only ones that have over that are Raichu, Ninetails, Muk, and Exeggutor), it would take some wicked min-maxing to make them work well. could GF do some rearranging? yeah of course, but unless they get a small BST boost to go with it, I can't see many of them doing too well competitively.
Two things. First off, while GF has been striving for more balance (though they haven't necessarily achieved that), that doesn't mean that Alola Forms have to be viable, or even better than their original forms. They are just different takes on existing Mons, and not necessarily an attempt to buff them.

Secondly, even a minor rearranging of Base Stats can get the job done. Take Persian for example. If it were to end up with these Bases Stats:

HP: 65
ATK: 50
DEF: 70
SPA: 85
SPD: 55
SPE: 115

Then it would have more than enough power to sweep after setting up a Nasty Plot. It would also be bulky enough to survive a M-Metagross Hammer Arm or Assault Vest Conk Drain Punch without even having to place any investment in bulk (provided it's running Fur Coat), which would serve it well on Support sets. And all of that is achieved without buffing its BST at all, since BST isn't everything; not when the right Ability/Abilities, movepool, and Typing are in play (just ask Breloom [460], Diggersby [423], Azumarill [420], etc.)

Yeah you are correct there, and it's a shame I didn't really see that considering I usually play lower tiers so I know that BST isn't everything. I guess we won't know for sure how well the alolan forms stand up in competitive play until they're released, but the urge to speculate pre-release is strong lol. I have high hopes for exeggutor, muk, and now persian because I forgot it got fur coat, but I'm just very worried about sandslash because the typing, ability, and BST all look rough so unless it gets some saving graces in its movepool, it might not be able to stand up very well on its own. but I think maybe I need to think less about their competitive viability now because we know pretty much all we can know until release about them unless we get a final update in corocoro right before the 18th.

Yeah you are correct there, and it's a shame I didn't really see that considering I usually play lower tiers so I know that BST isn't everything. I guess we won't know for sure how well the alolan forms stand up in competitive play until they're released, but the urge to speculate pre-release is strong lol. I have high hopes for exeggutor, muk, and now persian because I forgot it got fur coat, but I'm just very worried about sandslash because the typing, ability, and BST all look rough so unless it gets some saving graces in its movepool, it might not be able to stand up very well on its own. but I think maybe I need to think less about their competitive viability now because we know pretty much all we can know until release about them unless we get a final update in corocoro right before the 18th.
I too hope that Alolan forms are allowed to have different BSTs than their normal forms. But even if they don't, we know too little about the game to make informed decisions now. Like, maybe Snow Cloak got a significant buff this gen. Or maybe Alolan Sandslash has a 10 base SpAtk, allowing more points to be shuffled into useful stats. Here's hoping, anyway. Sandslash really deserves some love.

one of them is a raticate who is x4 weak to fighting and whose build will probably mean its really slow, that thing was never going to be a super star. The fact it's being put on the level of Gumshoos should say it all.
I don't necessarily think the goal is event to explicitly make them better, just...different.

Like let's take Raticate, again. It gets Hustle and its all fat. It will probably be a stronger, bulkier raticate but also very slow. If you wanted you could opt for something like dismantling its large speed stat and putting those points into attack and defense.

It won't take the world by storm but it's not supposed to. Same applies to all the others.

one of them is a raticate who is x4 weak to fighting and whose build will probably mean its really slow, that thing was never going to be a super star. The fact it's being put on the level of Gumshoos should say it all.
I don't necessarily think the goal is event to explicitly make them better, just...different.

Like let's take Raticate, again. It gets Hustle and its all fat. It will probably be a stronger, bulkier raticate but also very slow. If you wanted you could opt for something like dismantling its large speed stat and putting those points into attack and defense.

It won't take the world by storm but it's not supposed to. Same applies to all the others.
Well I don't know if that will apply to everyone, but yes, Raticate will be a strong low tier contender for the most part. I did some calcs for it based of the NicoNico stream and trailer footage a couple days ago, and this is my best guess for its build (assuming that BST's are untouched, which I think will be the case):

HP: 70
ATK: 81
DEF: 60
SPA: 50
SPD: 70
SPE: 82

I feel really confident in terms of HP, Attack, and Defense, but the other stats are a bit of a toss up, as we have yet to see how well it takes Special hits, and Speed is iffy as well, but I am thinking that it will be a more well-rounded Form for Raticate, based on what has been shown. Too bad that's not really what Raticate needed :P

Still, throw in Strong Jaw as a Hidden Ability so it can have 120 BP dual STAB without an accuracy drop, and it could get something done sometimes...maybe.

Well, the time has come for for the worst, as one lucky bastard on 4chan finally got a leaked cart of Moon version.

Link to the archived thread: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29706364/
You begin the game hatless, because GF heard our cries and wanted to show us what's up from the word "go".

Also, the option menu has a choice for "Box/Party", and it is set to "Manual", indicating that we can choose to swap party members out for newly caught Mons just like in the demo.

At Level 5, with a neutral Nature, Rowlet's stats are:

HP: 23
ATK: 10
DEF: 11
SPA: 10
SPD: 11
SPE: 9

Say hello to bulk owl!

UPDATE: Leafage is 40 BP and Physical. No big surprise there.

Last edited:
Well, the time has come for for the worst, as one lucky bastard on 4chan finally got a leaked cart of Moon version.

Link to the archived thread: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29706364/

That's it. It's time to get off the internet til the games come out, wish me luck.

You begin the game hatless, because GF heard our cries and wanted to show us what's up from the word "go".
To be fair though, you start off hatless in XY too... Oh, I remember all the hopes and dreams from back then...

That's it. It's time to get off the internet til the games come out, wish me luck.

To be fair though, you start off hatless in XY too... Oh, I remember all the hopes and dreams from back then...
Ah, but this time you're out of your pajamas AND hatless. Besides, we've known that you can go out bare headed for a while now.

UPDATE: Nothing new yet, as the OP is taking their time to compile screenshots. For the time being, though, the replies have devolved into debates about the election. It is getting messy.

Will update with more info as it comes out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)