Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Added the latest Kaphotics video to the OP.

If someone can summarise the Z move stuff [And the potential move nerfs] (concisely and accurately) I will add that to the OP too. This is all very exciting, but just keep your heads together.

You're joking but a +2 speed boost into Mega Gyarados, Z-Splash and what's stopping that?
That it can't hold a Z-Crystal and a Mega Stone, silly :p

Also, the Ground Z-Move is called Tectonic Rage.

Z-Nature Power transforms into the respective Z-Move based on terrain (i.e. Energy Ball -> Bloom Doom, Earth Power -> Tectonic Rage).

Z-Hidden Power always transforms into the Normal-type Breakneck Blitz no matter what type it is.

That wasn't the smartest thing I've ever said...

Still applicable with regular Gyarados! Possibly Azumarill too.

That it can't hold a Z-Crystal and a Mega Stone, silly :p

Also, the Ground Z-Move is called Tectonic Rage.

Z-Nature Power transforms into the respective Z-Move based on terrain (i.e. Energy Ball -> Bloom Doom, Earth Power -> Tectonic Rage).

Z-Hidden Power always transforms into the Normal-type Breakneck Blitz no matter what type it is.
Speaking of terrain and nature power, do we know what it becomes in psychic terrain? Psychic, perhaps?

Added the latest Kaphotics video to the OP.

If someone can summarise the Z move stuff [And the potential move nerfs] (concisely and accurately) I will add that to the OP too. This is all very exciting, but just keep your heads together.
Sucker Punch power 80 > 70
Z-Splash grants the user +3 Attack
Z-Destiny Bond forces all users to attack it
Dark Void accuracy 80% > 50%
Z-Geomancy, Z-Celebrate, Z-Happy Hour, Z-Hold Hands, and Z-Conversion raise all stats +1 stage.
Z-Hidden Power always transforms into the Normal-type Breakneck Blitz no matter what type it is
New Move: Brutal Swing. Dark type, 60 BP, hits everyone around it. Also a TM.
Gengar has been implied to have lost levitate.

Speaking of terrain and nature power, do we know what it becomes in psychic terrain? Psychic, perhaps?
Probably. It needs testing, though.

Also, we have a new redirection move Spotlight causes attacks to focus on the target. Appears to be Battle Royale-focused, haven't fully tested.

So...

I'm curious...
Does it mean that if you press the Z button, select Splash... the Pokémon will splash or will it use breakneck blitz... which effectively makes it do 0 damage to the opponent or what?

Sucker Punch power 80 > 70
Z-Splash grants the user +3 Attack
Z-Destiny Bond forces all users to attack it
Dark Void accuracy 80% > 50%
Z-Geomancy, Z-Celebrate, Z-Happy Hour, Z-Hold Hands, and Z-Conversion raise all stats +1 stage.
Z-Hidden Power always transforms into the Normal-type Breakneck Blitz no matter what type it is
New Move: Brutal Swing. Dark type, 60 BP, hits everyone around it. Also a TM.
Gengar has been implied to have lost levitate.
Z-Destiny Bond redirects attacks actually. Its not a Follow Me effect its a Mirror Force :3

Everyone's mentioning stuff about the movepools, stats, etc and here I'm wondering why the hell did GF keep Brionne and Primarina's gender ratio 87.5% male.

And why the he'll does Decidueye not get shadow Sneak? You'd think that an archer who sticks to the shadows would get it but no it gets sucker punch instead and poor Incineroar gets fake out when it could have used stab SP not to mention it would have fit it's design too. GF really messed up priority distribution this gen.

Last edited:
Guys, can we talk about how terrible Darkest Lariat is? It has 5 base power more than Crunch, but defense drops are way more common than defense boosts, so the secondary effect actually hurts more than helps. Crunch's defense drop chance is way more useful.

Lol, so z moves look like they'll be used more for their status effects than for direct damage...
Top tier bait and switch.

Primarina looks like it could possibly be a good holder for the normal z crystal.

It has hyper voice and perish song that could benefit from it (the former for increased damage and the latter as a 1 off follow me).

It would also be interesting if this stacks with its HA to make the z move have stab.

You sure cause I read this "Z-Destiny Bond redirects all attacks to the user" - Mike S

as it bounces the attack back at the attacker.
How do you read "redirects to the user" as "reflects the attack to the attacker"

it is drawing the attack to you
it was directed at someone else and is now redirected to hit you instead

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
So, Smogon... I take it you'll be implementing this into Pokemon Showdown at some point?
Or are there legality issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)