Battle Tree Discussion and Records

Okay here goes. I'm looking for sets for Latias (prepping for post bank) and Aegislash that would compliment Tapu Lele's Wallbreaker sets. Any ideas?

Anyone know if you can win the Streak Prizes more than once? Since X/Y/ORAS you would only get the Berries once.

Finally broke 50 on Super Singles. I was able to get up to 40 before, but using different teams. The problem I had was typing synergy. I found a nice balance between Mega Gyarados + Garchomp + Kartana

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

This team just blows almost everything out of the water, including the normal checks, since the AI usually isn't smart enough to predict my switches. For instance I've led with Gyarados almost all the time, and can safely switch into Garchomp almost 100% of the time.

The only real times I almost lost were all from flinch hax or evasion hax.

I do appreciate how much more difficult the Tree is compared to other gens and I noticed a lot more switching out opponent's Pokemon than games prior.

So of the available Mega's, which do you guys feel is the most useful? At least for racking up quick wins even if not built for the longest streaks. Mainly so I can breed and grab that one first. 64 BP is quite a bit still, even if getting BP is easier.

At least, before the Pokebank updates so my breeding dittos and Hyper Voice Salamance can get here. And since I'
Judging from last gen, you can't go wrong with Scizor or Salamence. (Try the physical variant, it's good too.)
Gyarados is also good. Kangaskan was nerfed so you might want to leave it alone.
Honestly though, the Megas are expensive, and the ultrabeasts are just as good. Save up your bp for the power items/choice items before splurging on mega stones. That comes down to personal preference though.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is why we need to be more vigilant about policing obviously fake streaks. The misinformation clogs up the thread and wastes the time of people who try to replicate the alleged results.

For a better indication of how much you can actually rely on 90% accurate moves, check back in the Maison thread where the only streaks even close to 200 involving even a single team member using an attack with less than 100% accuracy would be Icy Wind on Jumpman's Suicune or Play Rough on Azumarill. Those would be the least often used moves on the least essential Pokemon to their particular teams rather than the lead's only attack that can OHKO anything not weak to Ice, Bug, or Poison. Actually, that's being generous because a Pokemon would have to be weak to one of those types AND extremely frail:

4 SpA Life Orb Pheromosa Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Braviary: 146-174 (83.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
from OP of the team you're calling out:

200-win streak achieved
[...]
Won't go into detail and stuff as extremely few people bother to read what others write and just go on with their rants; I just wanted to show that it is possible pre-pokebank, so that most of you stop whining.
Laters~
(emphasis mine) ok but can we whine about people who flat-out cheat or lie now, is that acceptable?

(also lol at this:)
In all games I play competitively (and I succeed, as I reached low Master in LoL, Mid-Legend in HS and 1,923 rate in ORAS) I always opt for aggro option over stall/defensive one as it requires little to no planning, you just go all out and abuse the rng element the game offers. You get rewarded for it more times than you might think
(and no i have nothing to contribute to the thread apart from this, when do I ever)

stage7_4 I really like Mega Slowbro, it can set up on a lot of mons and, once it has a few Calm Minds under the belt, absolutely nothing can OHKO it thanks to its crit immunity (except Fissure Dugtrio I suppose <.<)

My 200 team:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

The lead. He can set up on almost everything on the first turn. Intimidate pre Mega makes him take all those rock coverage moves so i set some DD and then Roost, if i see the chance i do it until Rock Slide-StoneEdge miss (Stone Edge always crits me first turn, but anyway Salemence can take it). If the oponent dosnt have Rocks, Ice, Dragon, Fairy moves then is a guarantee sweep. The EVs spread is from Smogon page.

Nihilego @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 S.Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzing Gleam
- Sludge Bomb

Nihilego is here to take those special hits that Mence cant take, mostly Ice atacks. If i see a Water or Ice type (Or something like Porygon2, that i know it have coverage Ice move) i use Nihilego over Kartana because she can take non Stab Ice Beam-Blizzards way better than Kartana. She is my "sacrifice" mon, but she can deal some damage before faint.

Kartana @ Muscle Band
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Night Slash
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

Kartana takes physical hits, mostly Outrage from Garchomp3 because Mence cant outspeed him after a DD. If Kartana cant take out Chomp, Mence can set up on him after a second Intimidate. Kartana is my second sweeper because he can take out those bulky water types that Mence is afraid because Ice coverage and Nihi cant OHKO with Thunderbolt. After a Beast Boost he can 2HKO almost everthing. Smart Strike and Sacred Swords are great for those Double Teams and Cursers (Mostly Regis)

The main threats for this team are Electric Type, mostly Raikou and Thundurus2. If Raikou gets a para on Mence then is really hard to take him down. Thundurus2 2HKO my entire team and if Nihi is not at 100% then is GG.
Latios2-3 and Latias2 are big threats. Usually i sacrifice Kartana and Nihi, so i can set up with Mence. A critc with Draco and im out.
Cynthia and Lucario4 + Garchomp3 and Colress with Porygon2-3-4 + Metagross4 made me sweat, too.

Sorry for my bad English. Im kinda lassy and is not my first lenguage. Now, c'mon, try me ;)

Last edited:
I'm having a lot of success with Tapu Koko/Pheromosa/Dragonite.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Srge
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Roar

He's fast, hits hard with Gigavolt havoc and then can at least do enough to set up a kill for beast boost Pheromosa. Weak to ground which leads to an easy switch to Dragonite. Have Roar there for bulky mons I don't want to deal with, but really only came in useful vs Gastrodon. I'm thinking of switching it to protect for scouting purposes. Quick attack for priority, or to do damage vs mons that are quicker, softening em up for pheromosa.

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Lunge
- Brick Break
- Return
- Poison Jab

Pretty self explanatory. Went adamant as I had the sash. Originally used life orb, but she can't always outspeed, especially vs any pokemon that has had its speed boosted. I lost a few streaks due to lack of priority on this team, at which point I switched the LO to sash and added quick attack to Koko. Also tried Giga impact, but the 90% rate never sat right with me. Also toyed with me first, but I feel like that would only work well vs dragons.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- EQ
- Fire Punch

Pretty standard. This is more of a backup pokemon. I tried replacing him with M-Salemence, but the lack of coverage really kills him I think. Plus the lum berry/multiscale combo means that he's a very safe bet.

edit: forgot add my streak. Highest was 125 before being ruined by a Mega Beedrill who outsped and OHKO my team.

Last edited:

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Roar

He's fast, hits hard with Gigavolt havoc and then can at least do enough to set up a kill for beast boost Pheromosa. Weak to ground which leads to an easy switch to Dragonite. Have Roar there for bulky mons I don't want to deal with, but really only came in useful vs Gastrodon. I'm thinking of switching it to protect for scouting purposes. Quick attack for priority, or to do damage vs mons that are quicker, softening em up for pheromosa.

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Lunge
- Brick Break
- Return
- Poison Jab

Pretty self explanatory. Went adamant as I had the sash. Originally used life orb, but she can't always outspeed, especially vs any pokemon that has had its speed boosted. I lost a few streaks due to lack of priority on this team, at which point I switched the LO to sash and added quick attack to Koko. Also tried Giga impact, but the 90% rate never sat right with me. Also toyed with me first, but I feel like that would only work well vs dragons.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- EQ
- Fire Punch

Pretty standard. This is more of a backup pokemon. I tried replacing him with M-Salemence, but the lack of coverage really kills him I think. Plus the lum berry/multiscale combo means that he's a very safe bet.
Have you considered U-Turn instead of Roar for momentum purposes? Weakens a target potentially for Pheromosa or gives you free damage on your switch to Dragonite.

My battle tree BP farming team. Super fast matches. ( not sure if I could go on long streaks mainly because I'm new here and not nearly as educated on BT poke movesets and things. Any tips are appreciated.

Xurkitree- focus sash- 252 spd/252 spatk timid
Dazzling gleam
Discharge
Grass knot
Thunderbolt

Tapu Koko eject button- 252 speed/spattck timid
Dazzling gleam
Discharge
Grass knot
Thunderbolt

Oranguru-choice scarf
252spd/252hp/4def
Psychic
Shadow ball
Taunt
Instruct

Metagross- metagrossite-
252 hp/252attck
Meteor bash
Zen headbutt
Bullet punch
Earthquake
Matches usually end in 3 turns max. The main thing is to faint atleast 1 Pokemon with xurkitree first turn. I always discharge with xurkitree and it varies with Koko. Xurks discharge allows oranguru to switch in and start teaching class. :D.
Not sure about who to have as a fourth or the ev spreads are ideal that I have currently. If anyone has any suggestions as to a good 4th poke instead of metagross or anything else it would be appreciated.
I find your team very interesting and would like to try it but couldn't you use the format that the other people are using here? You forgot the natures and the 4 EVs of Oranguru and Metagross.

You know what, I haven't. That's a very good idea though, thanks.
Use U-turn wisely. You probably shouldn't bring in Pheromosa carelessly if Tapu is faster than your opponent because she can't really take a hit. U-turn to Dragonite on a predicted EQ would be great though and will help break Golem's Sturdy for example so Dragonite can safely OHKO with EQ without having to worry about eating a Stone Edge.

Post bank you should consider Extreme Speed on Dragonite and use the Koko priority spot for another coverage move which is great to have on a lead.

EDIT: Realized Koko doesn't have many options for damaging attacks. I would still consider Nature's Madness, Taunt, Work Up or Roost instead of Quick Attack if you get Extreme Speed on Dragonite later.

Last edited:
OK I got to 42 wins easily then got absolutely rekt by a megamence. Did I do something wrong with my team?

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Nihilego @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pheromosa @ Buginium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Lunge
- U-turn

I got this off WT so nothing I could really do about it.

Last edited:
OK I got to 42 wins easily then got absolutely rekt by a megamence. Did I do something wrong with my team?

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Nihilego @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pheromosa @ Buginium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Lunge
- U-turn

I got this off WT so nothing I could really do about it.
Psychic/Fairy, Bug/Fighting and Rock/Poison w/Air Balloon. I'm gonna ask the following questions:

1. What moves did you remember M-Salamaence using?
  2. In case of Dragon type moves (say, Outrage) did you switch to Lele?
  3. Likewise for Earthquakes did you switch to Nhilego, and if so were you hit bu a move prior?
  4. Was the Salamance the only pokemon you faced in this match?
  5. How many Jump Kicks did you miss?

Use U-turn wisely. You probably shouldn't bring in Pheromosa carelessly if Tapu is faster than your opponent because she can't really take a hit. U-turn to Dragonite on a predicted EQ would be great though and will help break Golem's Sturdy for example so Dragonite can safely OHKO with EQ without having to worry about eating a Stone Edge.

Post bank you should consider Extreme Speed on Dragonite and use the Koko priority spot for another coverage move which is great to have on a lead.

EDIT: Realized Koko doesn't have many options for damaging attacks. I would still consider Nature's Madness, Taunt, Work Up or Roost instead of Quick Attack if you get Extreme Speed on Dragonite later.
Yeah there's no way I would U-turn into pheromosa, but exclusively for EQ switching. I just looked at that Golem as well and it's something that'd definitely cause me trouble otherwise. I had actually run Natures madness but I just couldn't trust that 90% hitrate. The main reason I ran quick attack was actually because of that M-Beedrill,and quick attack is needed to bring it to 1 shot range with pheromosa. If it was postbank and I had ES it wouldn't be a problem....but OTOH postbank brings so many other pokemon to the table there might be a better solution.

I might consider Work Up, especially if I switch to Jolly nature. Jolly outspeeds M-pidgeot but unsure if I need the extra Adamant damage for other situations.

Anyway, thanks for the reply

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Roar

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Lunge
- Brick Break
- Return
- Poison Jab

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- EQ
- Fire Punch

edit: forgot add my streak. Highest was 125 before being ruined by a Mega Beedrill who outsped and OHKO my team.
Interesting team. Why Brick break over low kick? Most of the Pokémon in the Tree are rather heavy as they're in their fully evolved forms.
You should be doing more damage with low kick on average, I believe.

I always opt for aggro option over stall/defensive one as it requires little to no planning, you just go all out and abuse the rng element the game offers. You get rewarded for it more times than you might think
I think that applies the least in this generation than compared to others. People have made shit-tier spreads work in Triples format (especially myself) but even those still required some defensiveness and especially planning. Scoring OHKOs in singles without boosts or type effectiveness is very difficult given the sheer randomness of enemy leads, and what may come up afterward, forcing you into a check. Hence the planning. The very best singles teams took a lot of the uncertainty into account and were arranged to play around it. Not just "spam attacks and let RNG do the rest"

Psychic/Fairy, Bug/Fighting and Rock/Poison w/Air Balloon. I'm gonna ask the following questions:

1. What moves did you remember M-Salamaence using?
  2. In case of Dragon type moves (say, Outrage) did you switch to Lele?
  3. Likewise for Earthquakes did you switch to Nhilego, and if so were you hit bu a move prior?
  4. Was the Salamance the only pokemon you faced in this match?
  5. How many Jump Kicks did you miss?
It used Double-Edge and OHKOd Lele and Phero, and it used dragon rush to OHKO Nihilego. Nothing missed. It was also the lead.

I think that applies the least in this generation than compared to others. People have made shit-tier spreads work in Triples format (especially myself) but even those still required some defensiveness and especially planning. Scoring OHKOs in singles without boosts or type effectiveness is very difficult given the sheer randomness of enemy leads, and what may come up afterward, forcing you into a check. Hence the planning. The very best singles teams took a lot of the uncertainty into account and were arranged to play around it. Not just "spam attacks and let RNG do the rest"
I think we are in the unique situation this generation with the ultra beasts, though. The reason hyper offensive(or at least pseudo offense) works is if you get a favorable matchup with an ultrabeast, you get free boosts along with KOs and go on a sweeping rampage.

You can see it even in the competitive scene where stall is really hurting against offense because the power creep of Beast Boost.

It used Double-Edge and OHKOd Lele and Phero, and it used dragon rush to OHKO Nihilego. Nothing missed.
That is not surprising. Aerilate makes Double Edge Power 144 STAB, which is 216 against Lele who has weak physical defense and Pheromosa who is 4x weak and even less.

Did he Dragon Dance before hand? Pheromosa should be faster than Mega-mence. Though, yours probably cannot do much to him due to a coverage issue. Your Pheromosa lacks Ice Beam, which is a problem, in my opinion. She really needs it for coverage.

Nihilego is also frail physically. I think that is a major weakness of your team overall. Anything bulky offense-esque with physical abilities would wreck that team.

That is not surprising. Aerilate makes Double Edge Power 144 STAB, which is 216 against Lele who has weak physical defense and Pheromosa who is 4x weak and even less.

Did he Dragon Dance before hand? Pheromosa should be faster than Mega-mence. Though, yours probably cannot do much to him due to a coverage issue. Your Pheromosa lacks Ice Beam, which is a problem, in my opinion. She really needs it for coverage.

Nihilego is also frail physically. I think that is a major weakness of your team overall. Anything bulky offense-esque with physical abilities would wreck that team.
I was about to complain that my adamant nature phero would've probably not killed anyway but I proved myself wrong...

4- SpA Pheromosa Ice Beam vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega: 336-396 (95.7 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Considering the fat amount of recoil it took from killing Lele I could have easily prevented that loss. Welp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)