Smogon Premier League VIII - Commencemeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
This is my first mock draft, so I have probably made some mistakes buying people for certain tiers or placing players in certain tiers.
But here is my draft:
SM OU Mencemeat
SM OU Cicada
SM OU Seeme
SM Ubers: Astounded
SM LC: Mad0ka
SM Doubles: Memoric
ORAS OU: dEnIsSsS
BW OU: Super Marshall
DPP OU: Smurf.
ADV OU: Triangles
GSC OU; Kevin Garrett
RBY OU; Reyscarface
Subs: P2, Sugarhigh, Aberforth, Blackoblivion, Goao

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Tier 1, 2 and 3 players should be starting doubles players
Tier 1
Top players that should be drafted at a premium price. I expect a 60% or better win percentage

1.) Laga: is the only player managers should spend more than 10k on. A major concern that I had about him was that he was inactive throughout the entire year up until S&M. But after S&M he has probably been the most active player. He has excellent knowledge of the game, constantly builds solid teams, and plays well.

Tier 2
Good players that should be drafted at an average price. You should expect them to get a 50% or better win percentage

2.) SamVGC: Behind Stax, Sam had arguably the best tour results in 2016. In ORAS he built a variety of great teams and executed. I am unsure of his knowledge of S&M but have no doubt that he will be well prepared for SPL.
3.) DaAwesomeDude1: Probably the least well known of everyone in Tier 2. DAD1 tour results are on par with SamVGC and has proved to be one of them best. Managers that do their research will realize this and pick up one of the best players for a lower cost than the more well-known guys on this list.
4.) Majorbowman: had one of the best SPL records last year and had solid tour results throughout the year.
5.) Kylecole: He was extremely inactive throughout the year but he has shown that he has knowledge of S&M; although he has not proven to be consistently good at team building like Laga. The major concern I have seen in the S&M kick off tour and last year SPL is that he heavily relies on set up sweepers. If he doesn’t switch this up he will take losses to prepared players.

Tier 3
Players that should be drafted at 3k or slightly more. They should win at least 40% of their fights

6.) Stax: Everyone listed above has participated in the S&M kick off tour and is known to have some knowledge of S&M. I am unsure if his S&M teambuilding and knowledge is on par with other in the top 10 and thus I drop him down to 6th. Although I expect that he will be drafted and be prepared for SPL. Stax’s tour performance though the year was the most successful that anyone has ever had in one year of Doubles OU. He was really just phenomenal and was awarded DOU Player of the Year.
7.) Mishimono: Just capped off a seasonals victory over Braverius in the finals and DAD1 in semi finals. He did quite well in other tours throughout the year. He is a very good team builder and has been active in S&M.
8.) Kamikaze: Had the worst SPL performance last year but made up for it with solid results in Open and Seasonals. He has shown to have a great knowledge of S&M but along with Stax he is the only guy not participating the S&M tour; this is concerning since we cannot judge his teambuilding or battling in the new gen.
9.) Nido-Rus: He has a long record of doing consistently good in doubles tours against the best players. He has been active in S&M, proving to build very good teams.
10.)Memoric: Although he went undefeated in SPL I have some reasons to list him at number 10. Either the people above him had better(or much better) tour records or have proven they have good knowledge and teambuilding in S&M. Still he has proven over time to be one of the best.

Tier 4
Potentially good back up players

11.)Flame Road: has had very good tour runs in the past but the biggest reason I push him up to #11 is that he has proven to build top notch teams and win during S&M
12.)Croven: He played very good in a few tours this year including a winning the Flashback tour and has some activity in S&M
13.)Braverius: He finished second place in the most recent seasonal and was pretty good in other tours during the year. He falls down to #13 because he has been unseen during S&M.
14.)Yellow Paint: Yellow Paint, Demantoid, and Matame all have had decent runs in the past but make it this high on my list because they all have built excellent teams and proven to be good players in S&M.
15.)Demantoid: see above
16.)Matame: see above
17.)Checkmater: He earned his spot in SPL last year with excellent tour results. This year he dropped off a bit and I believe the players above him are better team builders and players in this new gen.
18.)Qsns: Pretty much the same as checkmater
19.)Mizuhime: The reason you buy this person is to have someone test in multiple tiers and as a backup if something happens to your doubles main. He has not been active throughout the year. He has built teams for S&M and done a few fights but what I have seen is not of the same quality of the guys above.
20.)Biosci: He did well in SPL last year and did decent in the first seasonal of the year. After that he hasn’t been active in doubles which drops him down to 20 since everyone above him has some activity in S&M. This new gen brings a lot of changes; I would have him try out against the guys above before having him on your draft list.

Do not draft
30.) TheForthChaser: over the past two years of SPL he has a 40% win rate and no tour results to show for in between. Everyone listed above him has better credentials through their consistent tour results in doubles tours. Also he has been unseen during S&M and will probably rely on someone to build teams for him and catch him up to speed on Doubles OU in the new gen if you draft him. Like Biosci, you should have him tryout before considering him.
40.) BLINGAS: why do people even draft him for doubles? I feel like the managers are trolling the doubles community by drafting him

Also in the mock drafts I saw Vinc picked for doubles. Draft Vinc but don’t have him as a doubles player. Also I saw someone in mock draft Lohgok for doubles. Neither of these guys should be considered as a doubles main.

Last edited:

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is my first mock draft, so I have probably made some mistakes buying people for certain tiers or placing players in certain tiers.
But here is my draft:
SM OU Mencemeat
SM OU Cicada
SM OU Seeme
SM Ubers: Astounded
SM LC: Mad0ka
SM Doubles: Memoric
ORAS OU: dEnIsSsS
BW OU: Super Marshall
DPP OU: Smurf.
ADV OU: Triangles
GSC OU; Kevin Garrett
RBY OU; Reyscarface
Subs: P2, Sugarhigh, Aberforth, Blackoblivion, Goao
Honestly the main thing you have to worry about w/ this lineup is some of your old gen players killing each other

it would appear my mans biosci is miles below a guy with the username "DaAwesomeDude1" (no offense man your name is just hilarious as I'm sure you know) jeez bro those are some pretty low depths you've sunk to

so is braverius but that was to be expected lol eat shit zacklemore

golly tfc and tanner suck RIP gentlemen

also god if tier 1 players (population 1) can only be expected to win 60% of the time then that can't be good........ but I'm sure that's not how it actually works because lol jesus christ...........

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
also god if tier 1 players (population 1) can only be expected to win 60% of the time then that can't be good........ but I'm sure that's not how it actually works because lol jesus christ...........
IDK about singles but in doubles the skill separating these guys in the top 10 is little to none. No one has ever won Doubles seasonal twice. Its even rare for people to make quarter finals more than once.
It would be very unusual to see a doubles player get 70%+ over 10 weeks.
Last year a couple guys won all their fights but they only had 3 or 4 weeks.

Anyone that thinks the top doubles player is gonna win 70%+ in SPL of the time doesnt know the competition in doubles.
if you spend 10k on a doubles player you should be happy with 60%

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
IM DELETING YOU, DaD1!

██]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 10% complete.....
████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 35% complete....
███████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 60% complete....
███████████] 99% complete.....
ERROR!

True DaAwesomeDude1s
are irreplaceable
I could never delete you DaD1!
Send this to ten other
DaD1s
who give you
cummies
Or never get called
squishy
again
If you get 0 Back: no cummies for you
3 back: you're squishy
5 back: you're DaD1’s kitten
10+ back: DaAwesomeDude1

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Tier 1
Top players that should be drafted at a premium price. I expect a 60% or better win percentage

1.) Laga: is the only player managers should spend more than 10k on. A major concern that I had about him was that he was inactive throughout the entire year up until S&M. But after S&M he has probably been the most active player. He has excellent knowledge of the game, constantly builds solid teams, and plays well.

Last edited:

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
IDK about singles but in doubles the skill separating these guys in the top 10 is little to none. No one has ever won Doubles seasonal twice. Its even rare for people to make quarter finals more than once.
It would be very unusual to see a doubles player get 70%+ over 10 weeks.
Last year a couple guys won all their fights but they only had 3 or 4 weeks.

Anyone that thinks the top doubles player is gonna win 70%+ in SPL of the time doesnt know the competition in doubles.
if you spend 10k on a doubles player you should be happy with 60%
bruh bluecookies won worlds like 6 times

if you're lucky and good you can win over 60% of your spl games

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
At least, you are on the list. Which is nice. I guess. Maybe?
Anyway it still amazes me how some people are willing to throw mon... to buy some players such as reyscarface. But heh, it's only my two cents.

Foggi

Banned deucer.
took over the sharks today!

SM OU: Seeme
SM OU: Bung Yaselord CTC
SM OU: daftmau5
SM Ubers: Lord Outrage
SM Doubles: Laga
SM LC: Zebraiken
ORAS OU: High Impulse
BW OU: BKC
DPP OU: 6A9 AM
ADV OU: Astamatitos
GSC OU: Fear
RBY OU: Crystal_

Subs:Myzozoa,roscoe

z0mOG

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 26 Championis a defending SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
DPL Champion
sm ou: blunder
sm ou: tele
sm ou: tony
oras
bw
dpp: xtra
adv: Ojama
gsc:
rby:
lc: zf
doubles: major bowman
ubers: dice

me and prajpran both had to leave so suspended team but would've been fire with dat ojama blunder tele core...

Reactions: pj

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SM 1: Ciele
SM 2: Aim
SM 3: Adam
SM Ubers: Iris
SM Doubles: Mizuhime
SM LC: Coconut
ORAS: xray
BW: Sweepage
DPP: Atticus
ADV: Dekzeh
GSC: Veteran In Love
RBY: Metalgross

Sub1: Harsha the genji main
Sub2: Hootie the tank main

my subs had to be ow players

Didn't know what I was doing but not too shabby.. The ultimate OLT collab

Fire-bot Falcons:

SM OU 1: Poek97
SM OU 2 : Black Oblivion
SM OU 3: Tricking/IamGingy (sub)
SM LC: Zorodark
SM Ubers: Leru
SM Doubles: Huston
ORAS OU: Eternal Spirit
BW OU : Finchinator
DPP OU : Leftiez
ADV OU: Heysup
GSC OU: P2/ AR6D (sub)
RBY OU: We Three Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)