Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a HA bagon? I have a HA gible, dratini, vulpix, and exeggcute to offer
I could trade you a Spitback female for a Spitback ha exeggcute
Has anyone got these currently looking for?

HA Alolan Sandshrew
Shed Shell
Light Clay

Here is what I'll offer for them if you're interested:

5IV Adamant Wimpod with Spikes and Aqua Jet
3IV Modest Drampa with 0 Attack IVs
4IV Impish Skarmory with Brave Bird and Whirlwind
I could send you a light clay for the skarmory

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kinda more of a long-term request, since just about everyone who has the capacity to do so is busy with SM stuff:

I'm looking to re-create the Battle Subway's Gengar3. Since this would require bringing over a Gastly/Haunter/Gengar who's tutored Counter from FRLG all the way over into Gen VI games, I was wondering if anyone with Gen III games would be able to RNG me one and tutor Counter onto it. I would only need 2 IVs on it (SAtk & Spd); any additional IVs would be a bonus. As this is a hell of undertaking, I would be willing to trade one of my Mythicals in OR for it; I also still have a few Legendaries in my Sun that I haven't caught yet, and would be willing to SR to your liking post-Bank update, for it.
I have one of these but I cannot for the life of me find which save it is on, but I'm 90% sure that Maximum Optimizer™ still has a copy of it so maybe if you ask them nicely they'll give it to you.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Kinda more of a long-term request, since just about everyone who has the capacity to do so is busy with SM stuff:

I'm looking to re-create the Battle Subway's Gengar3. Since this would require bringing over a Gastly/Haunter/Gengar who's tutored Counter from FRLG all the way over into Gen VI games, I was wondering if anyone with Gen III games would be able to RNG me one and tutor Counter onto it. I would only need 2 IVs on it (SAtk & Spd); any additional IVs would be a bonus. As this is a hell of undertaking, I would be willing to trade one of my Mythicals in OR for it; I also still have a few Legendaries in my Sun that I haven't caught yet, and would be willing to SR to your liking post-Bank update, for it.
I have one of these but I cannot for the life of me find which save it is on, but I'm 90% sure that Maximum Optimizer™ still has a copy of it so maybe if you ask them nicely they'll give it to you.
I can confirm that I still have a copy of LegoFigure11's Gengar and I'll gladly trade you a copy of it for absolutely free.
Feel free to VM/PM me with your IGN and FC and I can do this for you.

I have a question regarding how the Time Machine method works. Let's say I have 2 adamant flawless parents that give me a flawless egg. If I save before getting said egg, then reset my 3DS, switch the flawless parents with random ones of a different species and nature (jolly mother holding an Everstone), will the first egg from the new parents have a jolly nature but retain the flawless IVs from the egg produced back when the flawless parents were in the nursery?

I have a question regarding how the Time Machine method works. Let's say I have 2 adamant flawless parents that give me a flawless egg. If I save before getting said egg, then reset my 3DS, switch the flawless parents with random ones of a different species and nature (jolly mother holding an Everstone), will the first egg from the new parents have a jolly nature but retain the flawless IVs from the egg produced back when the flawless parents were in the nursery?
Essentially yes. Do note that spreads differ depending on the species you're using. ie: if the test parents are same species (eg: two Magikarp) but the substituted parents aren't (eg: a Pokémon + Ditto) then this won't work. The reason for this is same species do a ball roll (determining which parent passes the ball) which different species don't do (either mother or non-Ditto).
I think you'll need to reject one egg then take the next one to offset this roll if using same-species-testers and diff-species-substitutes, but not quite sure.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No. The inheritance is determined at this point (assuming you switch in like-for-like parents in terms of Mono-Gendered [only one possible gender, whether that be female, male or genderless] vs. Bi-Gendered). By which I mean; you would end up with something akin to: M/4/M/F/M/F on the offspring (where M denotes that the IV was inherited from the Male parent; and F denotes that the IV was inherited from the Female parent, and x [where x is a number] denotes the randomly generated IV). But when you swap in the "random" parents, their IVs will be inherited (in the same manner).

As a concrete example; say you have:
Male: 31/9/31/31/31/31; and
Female: 31/23/31/31/31/31,
then with the above spread (M/4/M/F/M/F) you would receive a 31/4/31/31/31/31 offspring.

But if you switched in:
Male: 23/13/11/9/18/30; and
Female: 6/19/20/8/15/10,
then you would receive a 23/4/11/8/18/10 offspring... Not a flawless one.

Additional notes:

If using Ditto + Bi-Gendered Pokémon, the inheritance will still remain fixed. But Ditto will play the role of either F or M, depending on the gender of the non-Ditto parent.

If you test with a Mono-Gendered Pokémon, for example Kangaskhan, then Ditto will play the other gender. But swapping to a Genderless (still Mono-Gendered) species; Ditto will always play the role of the Female.

As an example: say you find a spread K/D/K/K/20/D (where K denotes the IV was inherited from Kangaskhan, and D denotes the IV was inherited from Ditto). This translates to an F/M/F/F/20/M spread.
Then swapping in Tauros and Ditto; the offspring would inherit the Fs from the Ditto (where previously these were inherited from Kangaskhan) and the Ms from the Tauros.
If swapping in a Beldum and Ditto; the offspring would inherit the Fs from the Ditto, and the Ms from the Beldum.
If swapping in a Bi-Gendered species; the inheritance will (most likely) change altogether.

Last edited:
Few questions:

1. Anyone have the hatch locations for Sun/Moon yet?
  2. Is it actually possible to get Heavy Ball Beldum? The CatchValue is in the negative and I just tried with 500 Heavy Balls and it never even shook once.
  3. Anyone have a 3-4IV legal foreign Ditto I can use?

Looking for a female snow warning vulpix/ninetails and female gale wings talonflame/fletchling for vgc breeding, tourney on saturday.

FC: 2208-7658-5519

Questions from someone who basically skipped Gen 6:

1) Is there any purpose in Gen 7 in using the Time Machine method if I have a 5 IV mon of the desired species and a 6 IV Ditto, and I need a 6 IV mon? Or would that just make it take longer?

2) If Time Machine method isn't useful, is the best method currently to just slap a Destiny Knot on Ditto, an Everstone on the correctly-natured mon, and ride around until an offspring inherits five 31's and by coincidence gets a sixth one?

3) Is there a better way to catch UBs/Tapus/other legendaries with the target IVs (and possibly target HP) than bringing a Synchronizer, tossing a Master Ball, check if it's good, then repeat? I ask because I've seen a lot of people who apparently have RNG-quality Tapus and UBs, sometimes not even in a Master Ball.

I just want to make sure I'm not doing things terribly inefficiently.

I'm not sure where to ask, but I think this is the proper place for now, no?

It is about Festival Plaza. Does anyone has *5 Big Dreams lottery stall? I want it, and I have *5 Treasure Hunt, Rare Kitchen, and bouncy house (HP+Spe).

If anyone does... yeah... add as friends and put the stall on frontmost?

1) Is there any purpose in Gen 7 in using the Time Machine method if I have a 5 IV mon of the desired species and a 6 IV Ditto, and I need a 6 IV mon? Or would that just make it take longer?

Yes but it will take a long time in general since it's a 1/32 chance of having the one, uninherited stat be 31, then you have a 11/12 chance of not inheriting the flawed stat.

2) If Time Machine method isn't useful, is the best method currently to just slap a Destiny Knot on Ditto, an Everstone on the correctly-natured mon, and ride around until an offspring inherits five 31's and by coincidence gets a sixth one?

Yes.

3) Is there a better way to catch UBs/Tapus/other legendaries with the target IVs (and possibly target HP) than bringing a Synchronizer, tossing a Master Ball, check if it's good, then repeat? I ask because I've seen a lot of people who apparently have RNG-quality Tapus and UBs, sometimes not even in a Master Ball.

You can do basic speed tests and HP tests by using the one-under method (eg: enemy has 130 raw speed with +Spe nature and 31 IV, you send out a Pokémon with a suicide move and 129 speed, if you move first then the speed isn't flawless, the HP Method uses Final Gambit sorta similarly) but other than that it's essentially the same. Considering various people here have resetted better stuff in Gen VI by literally resetting thousands of times, they probably consider Gen VII comparably easy.

Yes but it will take a long time in general since it's a 1/32 chance of having the one, uninherited stat be 31, then you have a 11/12 chance of not inheriting the flawed stat.

Yes.

You can do basic speed tests and HP tests by using the one-under method (eg: enemy has 130 raw speed with +Spe nature and 31 IV, you send out a Pokémon with a suicide move and 129 speed, if you move first then the speed isn't flawless, the HP Method uses Final Gambit sorta similarly) but other than that it's essentially the same. Considering various people here have resetted better stuff in Gen VI by literally resetting thousands of times, they probably consider Gen VII comparably easy.

Can anyone trade me a Metal Coat or help me trade evolve my Scyther? This is for Moon.
Still need this done?

Would someone mind helping me evolve my Haunter?
Same for you.

In addition to what Unknown said, at this point you can obtain TWO IVs prior to catching: health via Final Gambit, as said, and Attack via Strength Sap Smeargle. This is what I used for my 0IV attack legendaries; simply start the battle with a low HP smeargle and see how much you're healed; if you're healed the target attack value (IE Timid 0Iv) you know that at the very least it has a negative nature and 0ivs for attack, meaning you catch it. If not, continue SR'ing.

In addition to what Unknown said, at this point you can obtain TWO IVs prior to catching: health via Final Gambit, as said, and Attack via Strength Sap Smeargle. This is what I used for my 0IV attack legendaries; simply start the battle with a low HP smeargle and see how much you're healed; if you're healed the target attack value (IE Timid 0Iv) you know that at the very least it has a negative nature and 0ivs for attack, meaning you catch it. If not, continue SR'ing.
And of course the speed IV, by bringing a pokemon with a speed value of 1 lower than the max stat of the target and see who moves first. Or 1 higher than the minimal speed stat if you are looking for a 0 IV pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)