Pokemon Bank Update - Gen 1 TMs?

Question: Will it be possible to transfer Missingno. to Sun or Moon? If not, will it simply appear as a Johto species or just a poorly-hacked Pokémon?

Question: Will it be possible to transfer Missingno. to Sun or Moon? If not, will it simply appear as a Johto species or just a poorly-hacked Pokémon?
I'm curious at how it will react, but obviously we won't know until Pokebank is updated.

I'm particularly curious about the hybrid glitch Pokemon.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
So Hidden Abilities are possible, but not guarantee? That means we get No Guard Fissure and Non event HA Kanto Legendaries! Que the Sarcastic Snow Cloak Articuno and Unnerve Mewtwo Hype and Serious Static Zapdos and Flame Body Moltres Hype.

Edit: Because of the Skull Bash TM, we can now get a Pikachu with the Move set from Smash Bros!

Edit 2: Add my table to the pile of tables flipped by the news of Hidden Abilities only. RIP Sadist Hopes and Dreams.

Last edited:
No Guard Fissure is going to wreck things in Battle Spot, assuming OHKO moves are allowed in official formats.

Also, has a specific day for this update been confirmed? It's almost the end of January, so the beginning of February wouldn't be that bad.

So Hidden Abilities are possible, but not guarantee? That means we get No Guard Fissure and Non event HA Kanto Legendaries! Que the Sarcastic Snow Cloak Articuno and Unnerve Mewtwo Hype and Serious Static Zapdos and Flame Body Moltres Hype.

Edit: Because of the Skull Bash TM, we can now get a Pikachu with the Move set from Smash Bros!
Correct way to put it is HA is heavily implied but other possibilities has not been explicitly ruled out.

No Guard Fissure is going to wreck things in Battle Spot, assuming OHKO moves are allowed in official formats.

Also, has a specific day for this update been confirmed? It's almost the end of January, so the beginning of February wouldn't be that bad.
The only thing we know is "[by the?] end of January"
Seemingly the update is ready to go so its just a matter of a specific date.

So the Pokemon Bank update is now on, though the servers themselves aren't. By the time I wake up, there will be lots of info :P (And I'll be purchasing a VC game in a few days, maybe Y too)

Those who use it before October 2nd get a Mewnium Z.

I can't do it myself for the near future, but, for those of you who did the Mew Glitch, can you check what happens if you try to transfer a Mew

No glitch Mew, also looks like everything is HA only. RIP in piece No Guard Fissure, you would've been cancer.

I can't do it myself for the near future, but, for those of you who did the Mew Glitch, can you check what happens if you try to transfer a Mew
vp confirmed that any Mew cannot be transferred from gen 1

EDIT:

No glitch Mew, also looks like everything is HA only. RIP in piece No Guard Fissure, you would've been cancer.
The body slam HA Tauros dream is real at least!

Last edited:
I'm guessing MissingNo. will not transfer at all. Pokemon Bank has its fair share of checks, so I'm sure they'd be able to manage to block if it they wanted to, and I feel they might want to. I'd suspect the Mew glitch might be the same, since there isn't a legitimate way to get Mew on VC, it would be easy to block any Mew with a Gameboy symbol.

It'd be fun if I'm wrong, though.

ETA: DOUBLE Ninja'd!

I'm guessing MissingNo. will not transfer at all. Pokemon Bank has its fair share of checks, so I'm sure they'd be able to manage to block if it they wanted to, and I feel they might want to. I'd suspect the Mew glitch might be the same, since there isn't a legitimate way to get Mew on VC, it would be easy to block any Mew with a Gameboy symbol.

It'd be fun if I'm wrong, though.

ETA: DOUBLE Ninja'd!
There was a VC Mew event at a random location in London [UK] a few months ago, not sure if anywhere else had it.

So Mew doesn't work, but what about other non-glitch Pokemon that know illegal moves due to either merging with or evolving from a glitch Pokemon?

What about a Nidoking or Clefable that evolved from
and knows weird stuff it only could through coming from that glitch Pokemon, like Swords Dance or Rolling Kick?

Mostly for curiosity's sake since I don't think anyone will let a Nidoking with Psychic or a Clefable with Swords Dance through.

There's still the ability capsule that can send it from HA to one of the normal abilities...

Nice for Pokebank to finally get here. Now we just need for the dex to update and for our missing mega stones to churn up.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I had a suspicion that all RBY legends were nature-locked into Hardy... seems my suspicion was confirmed.

My Articuno was Hardy, my friends Moltres/Mewtwo were Hardy, and all five of Theorymon's Mewtwo were Hardy.

The one thing that needs to be tested: When Pokemon receive a nature, is it tied to some data in the Pokemon, or is it truly randomized when they first Bank? Basically, if you cloned a full box of Tauros using glitches in RBY, could you transfer them all to SM to roll for different natures, or would you need to catch multiple different Tauros?

There's still the ability capsule that can send it from HA to one of the normal abilities...

Nice for Pokebank to finally get here. Now we just need for the dex to update and for our missing mega stones to churn up.
Ability Capsule will not change a HA to a normal Ability.

I had a suspicion that all RBY legends were nature-locked into Hardy... seems my suspicion was confirmed.

My Articuno was Hardy, my friends Moltres/Mewtwo were Hardy, and all five of Theorymon's Mewtwo were Hardy.
vp is in an uproar atm but I think nature is determined by level. An anon said he caught a Tauros, leveled it with a candy, and it was transferred with Adamant nature when another anon got a bunch of them with Calm.

Yes this info is from 4chan but we should at least test this.

By glitch moves, do you mean illegal moves, or actual glitch moves? Also, what does ACE stand for?
Maybe both, probably illegal moves practicality. ACE stands for arbitrary code execution, which is hell to explain but basically causes the game to run operations the player inserted for a lot of weird outcomes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)