Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish
So I had just made a Mega Houndoom team before this so my inspiration for this team was lacking, I apologize for the couple days you had to wait :c. But here is the squad I came up with, starting with Houndoom, I fit it into a core with Swampert and Togekiss. I have been playing around with this core a lot recently and it has been pretty fun and solid, Swampert helps deal with things that can threaten both Toge and Doom such as Mega Manectric, while both Doom and Pert help with Toge's weakness to Steel. While Doom + Toge also makes it so stuff like Scarf Lati can't just drop Dracos and Psychics all day long. Now building from this core, I felt Superior was a great wallbreaker for the squad, being able to pressure fat grounds/waters is helpful for the team and makes Doom's job of getting in and clicking a STAB easier. Serp also provides hazard removal for a team that is pretty weak to rocks :). Now I thought Healing Wish/Wish support would be helpful for this team in the late game, as well as speed control, so I went with Healing Wish + Hp Fire Latias to give us what we need. The Hp Fire is for the shaky Scizor matchup this team has. Now last but not least Scizor is added as a pivot, a pursuit trapper, Lati/Fairy resist, etc. This team pretty much relies on praying Lati clicks the wrong STAB as you go into Doom or Toge so having Scizor here helps that quite a lot... especially when it has Pursuit. This team is pretty weak to Pidgeot and Moltres' Flying + Fire coverage so be careful around that. Good luck with the squad familia and lemme know if you have any questions, hmu on PS n_n.
Thanks bro looks fire. And its not a problem that it took some time, just know i appreciate u taking time to build a team and share it with us n_n.

Idk maybe a infernape, heracross, empoleon? I'm not sure about those 3, they're just mons that I like.
You have to actually state the mons you wanna use, you've named 5 different mons like what mon / mons do you actually want them to build around

I'd like to build a Trick Room team around Stakataka and Hippowdon as the cores. Hippowdon to stop hail and raise sp.def of stakata as well w/ sandstorm. I'll definitely want a set-up sweeper on the team as well. And a bulky mon to cover Hippo/Stak's weaknesses.

I've never played a Trick Room team, and figure now's a great time to learn with Stakataka coming to UU.

By the way, wanted to say thanks for this resource, it's a huge help for someone like me who's just starting out. Been playing for 2 weeks now and have learned alot! I know Amane Misa helped me build a offensive Beedrill team and it's been fun. Shoutout to Amane Misa for the help!
Hello
I would like to request a team built around Stakataka.

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

The goal of the set is to Trick Room up on something that Stakataka doesn't mind taking a hit from with its amazing bulk, force a hole with Continental Crush and after that one beast boost in attack, kill something for every turn of Trick Room that is left.

I'd like a more balanced team (not full TR!) that holds Stakataka in the back while weakening its checks, to then come in and claim half a team.
Stakataka gets completely walled by fat waters and grounds like Pert, Seismitoad, Hippo, Alo and that kind of stuff, so weakening/removing these is kind of a must. (Maybe some other kind off offensive threat/lure that has the same checks?)

It can do a lot of damage to things that might be considered a check. So weakening these a little bit can get the sweep going.
Examples:
Gliscor goes down after some chip: 252+ Atk Stakataka Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 244 HP / 12 Def Gliscor: 265-313 (75.2 - 88.9%)
(And it also lives an EQ: 76 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Stakataka: 268-316 (82.2 - 96.9%))
Same with scizor: 252+ Atk Stakataka Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Scizor: 262-309 (76.3 - 90%)
Cobalion: 252+ Atk Stakataka Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 194-230 (60 - 71.2%)

Thanks in advance!

Originally I was trying to fulfill the first request but then this second one popped up so you both can get the same team!!

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 240 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet

Amoonguss
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

I tried making this team with a more balance-oriented approach since I was locked into using Hippowdon with some offense that benefits from Stakataka setting Trick Room, while also functioning without it. Amoonguss and Azumarill are both pretty good under Trick Room since Azu's main flaw tends to not be hitting first. I usually run Clear Smog on Amoonguss since its just better for defensive utility most of the time but Sludge Bomb is better here in my opinion since you pressure opposing Perish Trapper Azumarill pretty well, and it also comes with the added bonus of breaking Buzzwole subs that you'll probably be seeing on the ladder for the next week (and potentially after as well). Amoonguss is also stemless so it lives +6 Knock Off from Drum Azu, since the z-crystal was already on another mon. Infernape is here for some general speed control outside of Trick Room and to give you a means of not flopping vs any Scizor set. You could probably use Fire Blast or Flamethrower over Gunk Shot since the Altaria / Azumarill matchups aren't too shaky if you're really scared of Buzzwole for whatever reason. Latias was the mon I added at the end since I didn't want to give up on the offensive synergy of the team, but I did need to use some kind of mon that actually resists Ground. Latias could go for a Calm Mind set but I found it important that it was both able to keep itself healthy in the event of needing to take the +6 Aqua Jet from Azu while also not giving up any momentum to Scizor, thus you see both HP Fire and Roost, with a Life Orb tacked on so it doesn't hit like a wet paper towel as it's lacking both the utility of Scarf and the power of Dragonium Z otherwise. Apologies for taking so long, this was a bit tricky to figure out and it took me a couple versions to get to one I found postable. Hope you enjoy!

Originally I was trying to fulfill the first request but then this second one popped up so you both can get the same team!!

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Lonely Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet

Amoonguss
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

I tried making this team with a more balance-oriented approach since I was locked into using Hippowdon with some offense that benefits from Stakataka setting Trick Room, while also functioning without it. Amoonguss and Azumarill are both pretty good under Trick Room since Azu's main flaw tends to not be hitting first. I usually run Clear Smog on Amoonguss since its just better for defensive utility most of the time but Sludge Bomb is better here in my opinion since you pressure opposing Perish Trapper Azumarill pretty well, and it also comes with the added bonus of breaking Buzzwole subs that you'll probably be seeing on the ladder for the next week (and potentially after as well). Amoonguss is also stemless so it lives +6 Knock Off from Drum Azu, since the z-crystal was already on another mon. Infernape is here for some general speed control outside of Trick Room and to give you a means of not flopping vs any Scizor set. You could probably use Fire Blast or Flamethrower over Gunk Shot since the Altaria / Azumarill matchups aren't too shaky if you're really scared of Buzzwole for whatever reason. Latias was the mon I added at the end since I didn't want to give up on the offensive synergy of the team, but I did need to use some kind of mon that actually resists Ground. Latias could go for a Calm Mind set but I found it important that it was both able to keep itself healthy in the event of needing to take the +6 Aqua Jet from Azu while also not giving up any momentum to Scizor, thus you see both HP Fire and Roost, with a Life Orb tacked on so it doesn't hit like a wet paper towel as it's lacking both the utility of Scarf and the power of Dragonium Z otherwise. Apologies for taking so long, this was a bit tricky to figure out and it took me a couple versions to get to one I found postable. Hope you enjoy!
Thx man looks amazing! I'm gonna unleash this on the ladder! One question tho, no need for hazard removal? Couldn't spikestacking teams become a problem?

Thx man looks amazing! I'm gonna unleash this on the ladder! One question tho, no need for hazard removal? Couldn't spikestacking teams become a problem?
Glad you pointed this out since I skimmed over a lot of the shortcomings of this team. While yes Spikes are a threat against a team of mostly grounded mons, I figured it could be worked around since most of the team is pretty good at punishing Klefki in a 1v1 scenario, though Magnet Rise variants could be problematic in theory since they'd have a designated Spike fodder. I tried to build with mostly offensive synergy in mind so some things were overlooked in the hopes that you could mostly win off of applying offensive pressure 75% of the time and general outplaying. With bulky balance and stall teams, you typically are just trying to not lose, but using something like this will require you to be a bit more proactive. Yea it's gonna be a bit annoying, but Klefki shouldn't be able to lay 3 Spikes down against this team very easily, or at the very least it will be severely punished for it (i.e getting HP Fire'd from LO Latias just to set a layer of Spikes). If you are worried about it, you could give Defog to Latias in place of Roost (which I believe to be the most expendable move here) but I've outlined why I think recovery is important in the original post. Anyone is free to tweak the team in however they see fit after we post them, if having a designated hazard remover is more up your alley then go for it. If you do, I'd recommend using something like Mind Plate on Latias to still grab the 2HKO with Psychic on Azu while not actively wearing itself down into +6 Aqua Jet range (about 35% chip iirc).

Okay, in your first post you said you wanted a team around Mega Manectric and Infernape, then listed sets of Mega Manectric and Gliscor. Then I asked what mons do you want and you named 3 different pokemon like what mons do you want the builders to build around lmao

Okay, in your first post you said you wanted a team around Mega Manectric and Infernape, then listed sets of Mega Manectric and Gliscor. Then I asked what mons do you want and you named 3 different pokemon like what mons do you want the builders to build around lmao
I want them to build around Mega Manectric, Infernape, and Gliscor. If they have to take one of those mons out or something I'm fine with that.

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello all!

It's really disappointing that I have to blatantly say this, but I for one would heavily appreciate it if some of you could cut out the 'when is my team going to be ready' talk. There is a strict difference between building teams quickly and crafting near-perfect teams that provide reliable matchups versus the majority of viable pokemon and team styles in the tier. If we so chose, we could have provided you all with haphazardly built teams that would not last a couple of games even on the lower ladder. This isn't the case of course, and all of the builders for the lab, including myself, have been aiming to provide you all with quality teams from the start. Thorough teambuilding may take time, and I'd like to remind you all that most of our builders are still going to school or a college/university, so some of us may not have the luxury to build around your requests as quickly as we'd like to. On top of that, the tier may be changing even more given our recent Breloom + Buzzwole suspect test, and is still adapting to the latest tier shift as well. There are plenty of factors that prevent us all from immediately building precise and near flawless teams soon after a request has been made.

All I'm saying is that constant nagging is frankly annoying and unnecessary, and I'd like to remind you all that we reserve the right to blacklist any users who display this behavior and distort the experience for the rest of our clients and builders. Expect strict consequences if any of you choose to pay this warning no mind.

As for those who are still waiting on their requests to be finished, I assure you all that it won't be much longer before your teams are completed. We at the lab thank you for your patience and hope to get back to you soon!

Accelgor I also apologise, but I do think you're misunderstanding. I'm not annoyed or impatient that my team hasn't been created yet (I wouldn't expect that), it would just be nice to have some acknowledgement from a builder that they've seen my request and will be taking it on. Also it's frustrating and unfair when requests made after mine are taken on first.

It isnt unfair if a builder wishes to take up someone else their request before yours if they so wish.
They devote their spare time for our request.

If you're really that inconsiderable maybe you should try and learn to build yourselves.

I've been waiting Just as long on my request and im not asking when it's done cause i now understand that these people who build for us must be really busy.

If the time is right you will see your team pop up.

K bye

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Accelgor I also apologise, but I do think you're misunderstanding. I'm not annoyed or impatient that my team hasn't been created yet (I wouldn't expect that), it would just be nice to have some acknowledgement from a builder that they've seen my request and will be taking it on. Also it's frustrating and unfair when requests made after mine are taken on first.
Your frustration is understandable but honestly speaking, for myself if not for the rest of the lab, we honestly don't have any incentive to be building at all as opposed to just simply wanting to. In which case it'd be extremely demotivating to be building in order of which requests came first as opposed to building which requests we want to first. I, for one, just go through each request whenever I feel like it and do the ones that I just happen to want to try out at the time. While it's unfortunate that other requests are being taken first this isn't our job or anything so most of us are either doing it out of kindness or for fun so it'd be a real shame if we HAD to treat this like a job and I at least won't be treating it as such in the near future.

For consistency and to make sure teams are as usable for as long as possible I'm not building anything until suspect tests are over + results are out in all likeliness. I tend to look at undone / unreserved requests every 3-4 days and build however many test squads a few days later. If yours happens to end up being done first then I'll post it then. If not, then that's just how it is. This isn't a job for any of us so we aren't obligated to do any of these in the first place so I hope you understand why your request may be snubbed for a bit over others (this also doesn't just apply to you as many requests will most likely undergo the same fate but I plan on being up to date with requests at some point).

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Lonely Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet

Amoonguss
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Thanks TSR, sorry it was a tough build. Looking forward to putting in some work with this team!

Ok ignore my Terrakion listing, how about something using my boy Nihilego, preferably something unique and not just Scarf, something like

Nihilego @ Electrium Z
EVs: 80 Def / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
'

Togekiss @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Im requesting a team with specs togekiss, no one really prepares for this and i thought why not try it myself
This one looked fun so I thought I might give it a shot. Done now!

Togekiss @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Mirror Coat

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Serperior @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Defog

Latias (F) @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover / Defog

I kinda ended up with a super similar formula to the Stakataka team I built, so I hope that's ok. I figured stuff like Mega Manectric would be a standard switch to most Togekiss. Unlike most NP Togekiss this one can slap Manectric with a Specs Dazzling Gleam, so I came up with a wincon that seeks to take advantage of that. Behold, Curse Mega Aggron. It has a really good matchup vs standard bulky offense that would usually just wear it down with Swampert Scalds or hazards. Also is a super good sleep absorber since it crush Amoonguss and can actually take on most Breloom 1v1 if things go right. Obviously I didn't wanna be dunked on Mega Manectric when it does switch in, so I added Swampert, which covers the common electrics pretty well, as well as be the actual rocker of the team. Ended up with Mirror Coat since the Mega Pidgeot and Primarina matchups are a bit shaky and this is one of the things they usually love getting free turns off of. Added standard Scarf Infernape with Flamethrower over Gunk Shot since it helps in checking Scizor by Infernape not needing to nuke itself to actually check it. I'd still say Gunk shot has a place if you want, since the Primarina and Azumarill matchups are less than stellar. I added Serperior as a reliable way of stopping Drum Azu (though Aggron works in a pinch too) as well as being a Defog user that the team needed. Latias rounded out the team (again), this time with a CM Dragonium set since it served as a good wincon against all archetypes, especially Stall if Togekiss can manage to Trick a crucial mon like Blissey. Another viable path this team could take is using Amoonguss and some kind of Defogging Latias, which helps the matchup against Azumarill and Primarina, but makes the team significantly worse against stall teams. Kinda cheesy, but I've seen it work before so I'll trust it. The most linear approach here would probably be dropping Recover on Latias for Defog to still give you some semblance of a chance in the Quagsire stall matchup. If you do run Amoonguss, make sure it is itemless, as it will survive a +6 Knock Off from Azu like that. I'd also recommend HP fire on it so Scizor isn't as much of a pain.

Amoonguss
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hope the team does you well!

Ok, so, I'm casually and nonchalantly laddering. Then, a beautiful thought came to my mind. I truly enjoyed playing with the team you guys sent me (Not like all my other UU teams which just have Gliscor and Scizor and everything in the A- to S tier on the viability rankings.) and I really want to request another one. So, one of the new mons that recently found a spot in UU is Ambipom Breloom. Breloom just departed from BL and I really think it's a good mon with a deadly Spore. So, I fr don't know what set is viable atm so I'll let the builders decide (Sorry for giving you more work, my fault). Also, I understand that you guys are also humans that also have lives, so I will wait as long as I have to (Even if you guys never make it, I won't be angry) and I know that making a non-mediocre, solid team will take time and effort. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I am re-requesting a specs moltres team and a bo or ho team is preffered but if the set doesnt work for the team a z-move set could also be used
Moltres@ Choice Specs
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power Ice/Grass
- U-Turn
Or
Moltres@ Flyinium Z
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- U-Turn
I have completed your request, billionbattler - thank you for your patience!

I would like to preface this by addressing and thanking everyone who has been waiting patiently for the building team to work on their requests. The Buzzwole and Breloom suspect and its subsequent meta shift made it difficult to craft reliable teams that won't simply fail the client in two or three weeks time. Here's to more requests being fulfilled soon!

http://pokepast.es/605ca00fb7102569

Since the request left me the freedom to choose between Choice Specs Moltres and the Flynium-Z variant, I chose the latter. I had experimented with Choice Specs Moltres before the suspect had begun and was not pleased with the sets reliance on a 70% accurate move as main offensive presence while losing defensive value and giving up longevity in Roost. Anyway, the very first partner I singled out for Moltres was Defog Serperior since it beats most Water and Ground types that carry Stealth Rock. Glare aims to cripple the increasingly popular Crobat but also targets Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot and Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon, Chandelure and Infernape. However, Taunt can be used in this slot since it offers better utility versus defensive cores, and somewhat (but not greatly) improves the teams match-up versus stall. Seismitoad completes the offensive Fire/Grass core defensively with its Water/Ground typing, most importantly providing the team with an Electric immunity (since Mega Manectric troubles both Moltres and Serperior), an answer to Sap Sipper Azumarill, and a switch-in to Mega Aerodactyl. The last slot on Seismitoad is rather flexible, I opted for Refresh to combat status effects, allowing more reckless play versus Tentacruel, Klefki and Hippowdon, although Knock Off is a possible alternative in the last slot (even Power-Up Punch may be a feasible option if the VinCune match-up becomes too much of a concern). Choice Scarf Gengar, on this team, is a result of the team's needs for speed control, a Serperior check, a Toxic Spikes absorber and switch-in to Blissey. Versus stall (and more defensively inclined teams in general) it is of great importance to successfully pull of Trick, which not only cripples a member of the adversary team but also boosts Gengar longevity. If Dazzling Gleam is too situational for your liking, feel free to use Taunt in this slot - it will enhance the stall match-up significantly. Dazzling Gleam was the coverage option of choice for me since Focus Blast is not reliable at all, and I prefer the ability to net a surprise kill versus Choice Scarf Hydreigon (it also helps with SubBD Kommo-o, which I have been cursed with encountering all too often on the ladder). Since the team was lacking answers to Hydreigon as well as physical attacking prowess and a dedicated win condition (since Serperior is mainly tasked with removal and breaking) the next member of the team is none other than Dragon Dance Mega Altaria. A fast, bulky Refresh set appealed to me the most since it stomaches hits from various Dark, Fighting and Dragon types (as well as from Serperior!) better than an all-out-offensive variant and maintains great utility versus stall. The speed investment allows Mega Altaria to outpace Mega Manectric after a speed boost (outspeeding Jolly Breloom should not be neglected anyway, so 7 more points in speed are an easy investment to make). I would like to add and stress that it is often critical to Mega evolve Altaria as soon as possible to grant the team the much needed Dark resist! The last team slot is occupied by Metagross: I opted for a Choice Band variant to compensate for the teams overall lack in physical breaking prowess. Pursuit is of importance for this team to remove Latias, and I found its combination with Bullet Punch quite amusing since it prompts faster threats such as Mega Beedrill and Mega Aerodactyl to switch (once revealed), which opens up possibilities to take advantage of. Zen Headbutt is, frankly, the least used move of this set and I contemplated to subsitute it with Earthquake but held off on that change since it weakens Metagross' ability to threaten the likes of Amoonguss and Mantine, while also being taken advantage of more easily. I suppose the more popular Choice Band Scizor is an alternative option in this slot, although I prefer Metagross' Flying and quadruple Psychic resist, while not straight up falling to HP Fire (and thus being a better answer to Latias).

I hope you find success with the team, and I hope you find the in-depth description useful. Have fun!

Last edited:
I have completed your request, billionbattler - thank you for your patience!

I would like to preface this by addressing and thanking everyone who has been waiting patiently for the building team to work on their requests. The Buzzwole and Breloom suspect and its subsequent meta shift made it difficult to craft reliable teams that won't simply fail the client in two or three weeks time. Here's to more requests being fulfilled soon!

http://pokepast.es/605ca00fb7102569

Since the request left me the freedom to choose between Choice Specs Moltres and the Flynium-Z variant, I chose the latter. I had experimented with Choice Specs Moltres before the suspect had begun and was not pleased with the sets reliance on a 70% accurate move as main offensive presence while losing defensive value and giving up longevity in Roost. Anyway, the very first partner I singled out for Moltres was Defog Serperior since it beats most Water and Ground types that carry Stealth Rock. Glare aims to cripple the increasingly popular Crobat but also targets Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot and Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon, Chandelure and Infernape. However, Taunt can be used in this slot since it offers better utility versus defensive cores, and somewhat (but not greatly) improves the teams match-up versus stall. Seismitoad completes the offensive Fire/Grass core defensively with its Water/Ground typing, most importantly providing the team with an Electric immunity (since Mega Manectric troubles both Moltres and Serperior), an answer to Sap Sipper Azumarill, and a switch-in to Mega Aerodactyl. The last slot on Seismitoad is rather flexible, I opted for Refresh to combat status effects, allowing more reckless play versus Tentacruel, Klefki and Hippowdon, although Knock Off is a possible alternative in the last slot (even Power-Up Punch may be a feasible option if the VinCune match-up becomes too much of a concern). Choice Scarf Gengar, on this team, is a result of the team's needs for speed control, a Serperior check, a Toxic Spikes absorber and switch-in to Blissey. Versus stall (and more defensively inclined teams in general) it is of great importance to successfully pull of Trick, which not only cripples a member of the adversary team but also boosts Gengar longevity. If Dazzling Gleam is too situational for your liking, feel free to use Taunt in this slot - it will enhance the stall match-up significantly. Dazzling Gleam was the coverage option of choice for me since Focus Blast is not reliable at all, and I prefer the ability to net a surprise kill versus Choice Scarf Hydreigon (it also helps with SubBD Kommo-o, which I have been cursed with encountering all too often on the ladder). Since the team was lacking answers to Hydreigon as well as physical attacking prowess and a dedicated win condition (since Serperior is mainly taskes with removal and breaking) the next member of the team is none other than Dragon Dance Mega Altaria. A fast, bulky Refresh set appealed to me the most since it stomaches hits from various Dark, Fighting and Dragon types (as well as from Serperior!) better than an all-out-offensive variant and maintains great utility versus stall. The speed investment allows Mega Altaria to outpace Mega Manectric after a speed boost (outspeeding Jolly Breloom should not be neglected anyway, so 7 more points in speed are an easy investment to make). I would like to add and stress that it is often critical to Mega evolve Altaria as soon as possible to grant the team the much needed Dark resist! The last team slot is occupied by Metagross: I opted for a Choice Band variant to compensate for the teams overall lack in physical breaking prowess. Pursuit is of importance for this team to remove Latias, and I found its combination with Bullet Punch quite amusing since it prompts faster threats such as Mega Beedrill and Mega Aerodactyl to switch (once revealed), which opens up possibilities to take advantage of. Zen Headbutt is, frankly, the least used move of this set and I contemplated to subsitute it with Earthquake but held off on that change since it weakens Metagross' ability to threaten the likes of Amoonguss and Mantine, while also being taken advantage of more easily. I suppose the more popular Choice Band Scizor is an alternative option in this slot, although I prefer Metagross' Flying and quadruple Psychic resist, while not straight up falling to HP Fire (and thus being a better answer to Latias).

I hope you find success with the team, and I hope you find the in-depth description useful. Have fun!
Cant wait to test the great team u made

manectric-mega.gif
@ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

breloom.gif
@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Facade

scizor.gif
@ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I want a VoltTurn Bulky Offense team based on this core. I think that this core is good in the current metagame because the core threatens all team playstyles: The VoltTurn users Manectric and Scizor take care of offense thanks to Manectric's speed tier and Scizor's Bullet Punch, where Breloom can heavily threaten bulkier teams such as Stall teams. The core also has 2 Toxic immunities which are very useful against the Stall playstyle who's very standard, currently. All the Pokemon in this core are ranked very high in the Viability Rankings whereas they don't have too little of a synergy between them. And last but not least, all of the Pokemon in this core doesn't let a Banded Azumarill switch in for free due to being heavily threatened.
I would very appreciate having my request accepted :)

By the way, I wanted to say that I already can see how the team is going to have a Choice Banded Azumarill in it because it fits way too easily :P

esche

So I have half a team that I really like using, but I've never been able to complete the team properly, and I always lose as a result. This was built shortly before the September drops, so feel free to suggest changes to moves, evs etc. if I haven't properly considered some of the metagame shifts. I don't know what you would call this team (Bulky Offense? Balance?) so also feel free to choose what direction would best complement what I have so far. Would someone be willing to construct the other half of this team?

Seashine (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Crobat @ Sky Plate (Or Flyinium Z, depending on whether or not another pokemon requires a z-move)
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- U-turn
- Taunt

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
Good day RyanKoopa, I have completed your request!

"The Red Blue Spectrum"

http://pokepast.es/59e571f0770057ae

The defensive value of the provided core is indubitably solid and it was fun for me to build a strategy around it since it was one of my GoTo defensive cores back in ORAS UU. However, since the team was half built already I had to make two minor adjustments to the original core during the teambuilding process to account for the team's weaknesses and strategy; I hope you don't mind.

Given the nature of the original three members I went with a balanced approach, and since Swampert, Sylveon and Crobat, the former two in particular, only have little offensive presence, the very first addition to the team that I singled out for the team was a win condition. Bulky Swords Dance Scizor complements the team nicely with its Steel typing, relieving pressure from Swampert and Sylveon by aiding them with checking Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Altaria, SR Gliscor, and Latias amongst others. The set features Toxic to pressure Stall builds (a playstyle that has been observed to experience a surge in usage lately), while preserving its ability to threaten offensive teams with SD and Bullet Punch. 136 Speed EVs outpace Adamant Azumarill, allowing Scizor to Roost off damage from Knock Off and Play Rough as well as picking off weakened BD variants with Bullet Punch. 96 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature always 2HKO max HP Mega Altaria (OHKO at +2). One obviously has to be careful around Magneton with this set since it forgoes the utility of U-turn and power of Fightinium-Z Superpower. Consequently, I adjusted the Crobat set to help the Scizor set in its endeavour to sweep. Crobat is a rather subpar Defogger in my opinion, much better suited to a full support set. Taunt + Super Fang aims to weaken Steel types like Mega Aggron, Empoleon and opposing Scizor so that the team's very own Scizor may sweep. After some testing I decided to forgo Flynium-Z on this set for Safety Goggles which makes Crobat the perfect counter to both Breloom and Amoonguss, both of which are incredibly annoying to deal with since they always force a sleep fodder. The next pick is nothing out of the ordinary but is still as effective as ever: Choice Scarf Hydreigon patches up the team's speed tier and revenge killing ability, and offers a Ghost resist and an additional Ground immunity; it fits like a glove. At this point the team was looking awfully weak to any Azumarill set, even PerishTrap, and would appreciate an additional Bullet Punch resist. Volcanion not only does the former two things, but also functions as the teams Defog user and Gliscor lure with a Shuca Berry equipped. I felt comfortably opting for a Defog variant here since Sylveon can keep Volcanion healthy quite well, the latter being able to switch in to Steel and Fire attacks as well as Choice Band boosted attacks from Azumarill aimed at the former.

You may have noticed that this team doesn't carry a Z-move and, frankly, I didn't feel the need to incorporate one. Flynium-Z is certainly a viable alternative to Safety Goggles on Crobat, although this does weaken the Breloom match-up significantly. Slapping a Z-move on Scizor may help to block Trick and absorb Knock Off, both of which are certainly helpful, but neither Steelium-Z nor Poisinium-Z has many useful applications in practice compared to the ubiquitous passive recovery from Leftovers. The lack of a Flying resist is certainly a weak spot of this team, especially with the increasing popularity of Mega Pidgeot, but is still manageable. To account for the trouble of switching in to Hurricane I changed the nature on Sylveon to Calm with minimal investment in Special Defense, a change that also helps when facing Life Orb Latias (which carry Psychic more often than Psyshock from my experience) and specially offensive Mega Altaria. Speaking of Sylveon, its ability to clear status ailments from Scizor and Crobat is integral to the team's success, especially when facing more defensively inclined teams. I attribute the lack of a dedicated breaker on this team to its nature of a balanced team. While Crobat fits this role somewhat (it is actually more of a disrupter than all-out breaker though) there is no designated "nuke button" on this team, which has to be kept in mind when utilizing this team. While the team does have its weaknesses, I have yet to lose with it.

I hope you have as much fun playing with the team as I had building it! :psyglad:

Good day RyanKoopa, I have completed your request!

"The Red Blue Spectrum"

http://pokepast.es/59e571f0770057ae

The defensive value of the provided core is indubitably solid and it was fun for me to build a strategy around it since it was one of my GoTo defensive cores back in ORAS UU. However, since the team was half built already I had to make two minor adjustments to the original core during the teambuilding process to account for the team's weaknesses and strategy; I hope you don't mind.

Given the nature of the original three members I went with a balanced approach, and since Swampert, Sylveon and Crobat, the former two in particular, only have little offensive presence, the very first addition to the team that I singled out for the team was a win condition. Bulky Swords Dance Scizor complements the team nicely with its Steel typing, relieving pressure from Swampert and Sylveon by aiding them with checking Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Altaria, SR Gliscor, and Latias amongst others. The set features Toxic to pressure Stall builds (a playstyle that has been observed to experience a surge in usage lately), while preserving its ability to threaten offensive teams with SD and Bullet Punch. 136 Speed EVs outpace Adamant Azumarill, allowing Scizor to Roost off damage from Knock Off and Play Rough as well as picking off weakened BD variants with Bullet Punch. 96 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature always 2HKO max HP Mega Altaria (OHKO at +2). One obviously has to be careful around Magneton with this set since it forgoes the utility of U-turn and power of Fightinium-Z Superpower. Consequently, I adjusted the Crobat set to help the Scizor set in its endeavour to sweep. Crobat is a rather subpar Defogger in my opinion, much better suited to a full support set. Taunt + Super Fang aims to weaken Steel types like Mega Aggron, Empoleon and opposing Scizor so that the team's very own Scizor may sweep. After some testing I decided to forgo Flynium-Z on this set for Safety Goggles which makes Crobat the perfect counter to both Breloom and Amoonguss, both of which are incredibly annoying to deal with since they always force a sleep fodder. The next pick is nothing out of the ordinary but is still as effective as ever: Choice Scarf Hydreigon patches up the team's speed tier and revenge killing ability, and offers a Ghost resist and an additional Ground immunity; it fits like a glove. At this point the team was looking awfully weak to any Azumarill set, even PerishTrap, and would appreciate an additional Bullet Punch resist. Volcanion not only does the former two things, but also functions as the teams Defog user and Gliscor lure with a Shuca Berry equipped. I felt comfortably opting for a Defog variant here since Sylveon can keep Volcanion healthy quite well, the latter being able to switch in to Steel and Fire attacks as well as Choice Band boosted attacks from Azumarill aimed at the former.

You may have noticed that this team doesn't carry a Z-move and, frankly, I didn't feel the need to incorporate one. Flynium-Z is certainly a viable alternative to Safety Goggles on Crobat, although this does weaken the Breloom match-up significantly. Slapping a Z-move on Scizor may help to block Trick and absorb Knock Off, both of which are certainly helpful, but neither Steelium-Z nor Poisinium-Z has many useful applications in practice compared to the ubiquitous passive recovery from Leftovers. The lack of a Flying resist is certainly a weak spot of this team, especially with the increasing popularity of Mega Pidgeot, but is still manageable. To account for the trouble of switching in to Hurricane I changed the nature on Sylveon to Calm with minimal investment in Special Defense, a change that also helps when facing Life Orb Latias (which carry Psychic more often than Psyshock from my experience) and specially offensive Mega Altaria. Speaking of Sylveon, its ability to clear status ailments from Scizor and Crobat is integral to the team's success, especially when facing more defensively inclined teams. I attribute the lack of a dedicated breaker on this team to its nature of a balanced team. While Crobat fits this role somewhat (it is actually more of a disrupter than all-out breaker though) there is no designated "nuke button" on this team, which has to be kept in mind when utilizing this team. While the team does have its weaknesses, I have yet to lose with it.

I hope you have as much fun playing with the team as I had building it! :psyglad:
Thank you so much! I can't wait to try out this team! :D

My only question is, what's up with Crobat's evs? I have zero objections to it, I just would love to hear the reasoning behind the spread so I may better utilize this team.

esche

They simply allow Crobat to outspeed Mega Pidgeot while ensuring the OHKO with Brave Bird on Serperior. The rest I pumped in bulk. You can experiment with different EV spreads of course and adjust it to your liking, the bat is rather flexible in that regard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)