Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Hey guys,

what's a good thread for overall Comment/Post-editing? I've allready found this about BB-Codes, but it misses out on how to use GIFs in Comments and other "creative" options.

Thanks for helping a newbie ;)

1. Is there any way to delete a smogon account?
2. If I do delete my smogon account will all my posts be deleted or do I have to delete them by hand
3. If I delete my smogon account and start a new account under a new name will I be banned?
4. If there is no way that I can delete a smogon account could I kindly ask a super mod or something?
5. Don’t answer this question unless you have an affirmative answer
6. I will repost in smogon SQSA if I have to but this thread is usually more active

Edit: wtf how did sorry get banned?

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
1. Is there any way to delete a smogon account?
2. If I do delete my smogon account will all my posts be deleted or do I have to delete them by hand
3. If I delete my smogon account and start a new account under a new name will I be banned?
4. If there is no way that I can delete a smogon account could I kindly ask a super mod or something?
5. Don’t answer this question unless you have an affirmative answer
6. I will repost in smogon SQSA if I have to but this thread is usually more active

Edit: wtf how did sorry get banned?
Accounts cant be deleted and you cant ask to be banned. If you wanna know why someones banned ask them

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
If they are banned, how can they be asked? They cannot message a closed account, as they won’t get a reply back.
You can ask them on Discord or something else. You’d have to know their information. Or you could ask someone they are friends with.

Hi, I made this account 1 week ago, but I have another account I made months ago called Full Metal Jacket, and I wasn't aware it's against the rules until a friend told me. Could you delete my old account and let me keep this one?

Because of the methods used for searching and the fact that the full word in question is not used on this thread, I couldn't find if this has been asked already and I don't have the time to see.
Is there any way I can remove ads on the desktop version? I know on the browser version I could just use an adblocker extension, but those don't affect the desktop version.

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Because of the methods used for searching and the fact that the full word in question is not used on this thread, I couldn't find if this has been asked already and I don't have the time to see.
Is there any way I can remove ads on the desktop version? I know on the browser version I could just use an adblocker extension, but those don't affect the desktop version.
I don't believe there's a clear cut way to do so for the desktop version.

How do you add a signature to the bottom of your posts? I have been looking around my profile and stuff but I don't see a button or anything that takes me to where I can make one. Am I just blind and missing it somehow?

Edit: Looked back through some of the older posts and it looks like the profile options have been changed and signature isn't there any more. Is it possible to change it still or is it impossible to have one now? Alternatively, am I just lacking the privileges to have one?

Last edited:
How do you add a signature to the bottom of your posts? I have been looking around my profile and stuff but I don't see a button or anything that takes me to where I can make one. Am I just blind and missing it somehow?

Edit: Looked back through some of the older posts and it looks like the profile options have been changed and signature isn't there any more. Is it possible to change it still or is it impossible to have one now? Alternatively, am I just lacking the privileges to have one?
Click on your profile picture at the top by notifications and click signature. You can add / edit it there.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I thought I confirmed it. I don't see anything that is saying that I haven't confirmed it.
try now. signatures are disabled for people with 0 posts, which should wear off automatically when you make a post but from the looks of it (for whatever reason) didn't for you, i manually removed it

Not sure if this was the best place to ask, but is there a reliable Pokemon library somewhere on the internet (that's not Veekun because its locations aren't up-to-date)?

Not sure if this was the best place to ask, but is there a reliable Pokemon library somewhere on the internet (that's not Veekun because its locations aren't up-to-date)?
Pokemon Database works pretty well. I can't get on it right now though because my browser or something is complaining about some sort of encryption error but I think that is just happening for me. As far as I know, it is up to date on everything.

I have a question, can someone please explain sleep clause to me? I've never heard of it before... But I'm being told you're only allowed to put one mon to sleep at a time?

For reference, I only play Anything Goes and doubles OU. I'm not a big fan of the tier system, and I'm totally okay with playing against "troll" teams. I think it's all part of the fun and the game. I realize doubles OU doesn't have the same "Anything Goes" format, so I do my best to follow Smogon rules and filters. In doubles OU, I was told sleep clause is a thing and we can't sleep more than one Pokémon. I just assumed anything that was a rule was built into the game. Am I wrong? Are we only allowed to sleep one Pokémon in doubles OU? I'm confused because I've played against several people who have put multiple Pokémon to sleep on Doubles OU so I didn't realize it was a thing. I've run into it so much in fact, one team runs an Insomnia Hypno and another an Early Bird Dodrio for that exact reason.

I just want some clarification in case I'm breaking some unknown rule. Please and thank you!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I have a question, can someone please explain sleep clause to me? I've never heard of it before... But I'm being told you're only allowed to put one month to sleep at a time?

For reference, I only play Anything Goes and doubles OU. I'm not a big fan of the tier system, and I'm totally okay with playing against "troll" teams. I think it's all part of the fun and the game. I realize doubled OU doesn't have the same "Anything Goes" format, so I do my best to follow Smogon rules and filters. In doubles OU, I was told sleep clause is a thing and we can't sleep more than one Pokémon. I just assumed anything that was a rule was built into the game. Am I wrong? Are we only allowed to sleep one Pokémon in doubles OU? I'm confused because I've played against several people who have put multiple Pokémon to sleep so I didn't realize it was a thing. I've run into it so much in fact, one team runs an "Insomnia Hypno" and another an "Early Bird" Dodrio for that exact reason.

I just want some clarification.
So Sleep Clause is a very old rule that applies to most of Smogon's single metagames. Basically, it means that you can only attempt to put one Pokemon to sleep - it won't prevent you from putting an opponent's Pokemon to sleep if they have another Pokemon who used Rest, it only covers sleep inflicted by the opponent. It was removed from Doubles OU in a previous generation and has stayed such through the current meta.

In short, in DOU you're fine putting multiple Pokemon to sleep. If you're unsure about what clauses apply in a game look at the top of the log next to the battle screen - there'll be a list of clauses in effect for that format there. The person who told you that sleep clause is a thing in Doubles OU was most likely uninformed, because Sleep Clause is in effect for most metagames, but if the simulator allows it then you're fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)