SPOILERS! Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Datamine Info

Ya, technically, but for in-game purposes, if the above theory is correct, you could use any mon to extremely successful lengths. Sure, using a Dragonite will be /more/ successful than say, Butterfree, but that doesn't necessarily mean Butterfree is a shitmon. Atleast not in this case. Such a feature seems to fall right in line with Let's Go's design philosophy of 'make the game accessible for literally everyone.'
Also since base stats are somewhat swamped over by awakening values, movepool matters more than base stats now, so some former shitmons will be able to shine solely due to their movepool

Not only has Masuda brought up wanting to do that, but Bill Trinen even brought it up on the Treehouse stream earlier this month. I don't think they'd keep brining it up if it wasn't planned!
Has anything been said about Gen 7 transferring to Gen 8 aswell? Would be good if we could transfer from Gen 7 and Let's Go to Gen 8.

The only thing I'm waiting to find out if that Mew from the Pokeball can be shiny.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Okay, some of the latest discoveries by Kaphotics:

Gym Leader Blue: So there may be no re-challenging Giovanni as post game has Blue immediately taking over the Gym.

Nod Back:

(You couldn't turn Blain's head a bit to the left?)

Gift/Encounter Pokemon: So all the classic gift/encounter Pokemon are here, including the Eevee and the Starters, however there are three new ones, a duo being version exclusive. First you can get a free Porygon in Saffron City by a Silph Co. employee. Next there's a "PuppyCat Person" somewhere that gives you a Persian in LGPikachu or a Arcanine in LGEevee. Funny you get a the cat in the game where your partner is a mouse, though guess they figured the Eevee player would appreciate a gift Pokemon that wasn't the same Type as their Starter.

Leveling Up Differently: So seems like leveling up works differently for all Pokemon, even ones of the same species! Not known what determines this.

Shiny Lock: Starters are Shiny locked though everything else looks okay.

Teleport Re-tooled: Teleport has a purpose in battle now! It's -6 Priority and it switches place with another Pokemon in your party. So it's pretty much a "safe" switch out, the Teleport user takes the damage first which allows the switched Pokemon to come in safely (entry hazards not withstanding). If the right Pokemon get Teleport (pretty much tanky Pokemon), this on paper sounds like it could have some use in competitive. EDIT: Chansey learns it.

Teleport Re-tooled: Teleport has a purpose in battle now! It's -6 Priority and it switches place with another Pokemon in your party. So it's pretty much a "safe" switch out, the Teleport user takes the damage first which allows the switched Pokemon to come in safely (entry hazards not withstanding). If the right Pokemon get Teleport (pretty much tanky Pokemon), this on paper sounds like it could have some use in competitive. EDIT: Chansey learns it.
Kreygasm

So a harmless U-Turn then.

Took them so long to give it such an effect, huh?

Nidoking, Rapidash, Seel, Dewgong, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Goldeen, Seaking, Lapras and Mew all get Megahorn via TM.
Seel line, Lapras and Mew are new. That’s nice. Awaiting for Play Rough users.

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Balanced Hackmons players rejoice! 100% burn and para moves, accurate unbouncable leech seeds, 200BP solarbeams for your Primal-Groudons, and potential for a meme sniper zekrom with Zippy Zap

God I hope these never reach the main games.
we're actually having a discussion on the meta thread and our discord. while all that is interesting, the winner of our discussions so far seems to be serene grace kartana, which can cheese past all of its checks with that appalling 84% flinch chance. people are trying to get it banned already lol

Melmetal looks SO fun to use! So excited! An assault vest set would be good. Weird it can learn Solar Beam but not Fire Punch though. Hoping it gets Drain Punch! But Thunder Punch, Earthquake, and Ice Punch are awesome for it! A steel type with a 90BP (w/ Iron Fist) ice type move is great. Just hoping its learnset gives it a little bit more to work with. A boosting move and some recovery would be nice. Too bad Meltan isn't that good.

Also, Exeggutor can learn Teleport. Would be fun to use Leech Seed, then switch out to someone else. If this change stays to the next gen, I can see Slowbro/Slowking abusing this with their ability Regenerator. I can see Venomoth using this well too, if it puts the foe to sleep, then switches to another pokemon that can set up.

So a harmless U-Turn then.
I think the most noteworthy usage for the new Teleport, if that's "ported" to gen 8 (durr durr i made a pun), would be the fact that it allows to safely "U-turn" out in doubles even if enemy Protects.
I could definitely see it take spot in some movesets on mons that are all about tempo and that right now use U-turn or Volt-Switch off nonexistant offenses for the purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)