Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
MoonlightRose take Chauvinist the Nidoran (male)

This fella is rather rude towards females, and goes out of his way to endear himself to them. While he doesn’t press himself on all women, he knows which ones are important. He must solo at least one ‘mon when fighting each female Gym Leader/Elite Four Member (Misty, Erika, Sabrina, Lorelei, and Agatha). As an aside, he does build his strength from being a bit of a pig to ‘average’ women. Once he soloes 10 female trainers (such as Beauties, Lasses, etc.), he may evolve to Nidorino. In order to reach the pinnacle of his power, though, he has to show male dominance through brute force. When you acquire the Strength HM, you may teach it to Chauvinist. Once he learns Strength, he MUST evolve into Nidoking, and may not forget Strength.

Sorry if I made it too complex - hope it keeps things interesting!

Ullar Take Mixer the Eevee.
Mixer is an Eevee that is always changing things up. Mixer's moves must all be different types. Mixer likes to try new things so every area change Mixer's item, Mixer can't use the same item for the next 3 areas. Mixer likes to vary which part of their moveset they use. Each battle Mixer can not use one of it's moves. The move they can't use starts with the move in their top left move slot and shifts over by one in a clockwise fashion every battle Mixer participates in.

Anyway I've written the 6th chapter of my Shiny Scramble. I still need one post Roark mon left. If anyone has any suggestions on how I could write this better or is just reading this feel free to tell me. Original post.

The trio had fished lunch and was heading towards the gym. They ran into their rival, Barry.
Barry:"Hunh? Oh it's you, Shiny! You finally got here?"
Shiny:"Yes I did."
Wish was still mad from before. I know, I'm not going to say hi to him. Muhahaha! Wait maybe that is too evil? "Hi Barry." Wish said in a dry tone. Buguitar had her scythes raised.
Barry:"You're slow as always. You're so slow, the Gym Leader's long gone now."
"Hey don't judge Shiny?'s speed like that. She was making sure we were able to handle what came next. I bet you didn't. In fact I challenge you to a battle!"
"Yes!" Buguitar liked Wish's eagerness to battle. The embarrassment, that name. Together they could get revenge.
Barry:"Um Shiny what is with your Pokemon?"
Shiny:"Well Buguitar is still mad about you saying ch-that word and losing to your Starly and Wish is mad about you making him break his virtue."
Barry:"How is either of those my fault?"
Wish realized Barry was right. It wasn't Barry who made him break his temperance, it was completely on him. Still he called Shiny? slow...
Barry:"He said he had to go... Uh... Oh, yeah, to Oreburgh Mine! I got my Badge already, so it's no big deal to me, but..."
Shiny:"So I have to traverse some mines. What could go wrong. So I guess we're heading to the mines."
"How do we know that Barry isn't lying. After everything he had done to us."
"Buguitar were those things really his fault? He didn't mean to call you that, he was referring to the one in the back of the school. And before he was battling to win, he didn't mean to embarrass you or anything."
What was this. Wish, the pokemon she trusted the most, was defending the enemy. "Your right..." Buguitar lied.

The trio headed towards the mines. There was coal, coal everywhere. Shiny ran into a rare black Geodude! "Wow it's," Shiny took a closer look, "A piece of coal with an angry face on it."
A miner walked up to Shiny. "That's my Geodude Coalbert. Do you like him?"
"Hello Coalbert!" The piece of coal did not respond.
"That's a very nice, 'Geodude' you got there, but we have to go you see..." Shiny replied.
"Nonsense. Trainers always have time to battle. Go Coalbert! Who's a good boy. You are, you are. Will my little Coalbert use tackle. Yes you have a very handsome tackle." The worker talked to the piece of coal like a dog.
"Oh no we are being blown away by a roar, bye." Shiny and Buguitar walked away.
"Goodbye it was nice meeting you!" Wish followed.

Shiny was poking around. She came across a large pile of coal. She picked up some stardust. "Hey look, I found some free money by this coal."
"You know that is a slag heap right there, not coal. It is the waste sand from sorting coal. You know I joined this mining business when..." Shiny and Buguitar walked off, signaling Wish to follow.

Shiny saw a Machop. "Hmm, so pokemon help out here."
"Yes they do!" Answered a coal miner. "Combining our strength with pokemon makes us much stronger. Here take one of these." The man handed Shiny a super potion.
"Wow, thank you." Shiny wondered how he got this, it's not like pokemarts had any.
Wish was helping out the Machop slightly. "Thank you kind sir!"

"Alright so the mine is right here. I know what we should do." Shiny started. She put Buguitar in the front of the party.
"Why me." Buguitar stepped into the Zubat and Geodude infested cave.
Almost immediately Shiny saw an X defend and picked it up. A wild Geodude appeared. After taking 6 damage and seeing the Geodude deference curl they ran. Since Buguitar's attacks did so little damage Shiny decided to avoid wild battles. Shiny spoke to the different workers suddenly,
Mason:"I'm gonna let you in on a secret... I snuck my pokemon to work!"
Mason promptly sent out a Machop, the pokemon everyone around here was using.
Shiny wasted a turn. Machop used focus energy. "Grollrw!" The Machop scored a critical rock smash. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Rock Smash crit... Rock smash... Strike! The Machop went to the yellow, then used Rock Smash. Buguitar went in for a fury cutter, but it missed. Buguitar was at 6hp left.
Wish rushed in. "Buguitar!" Wish took a rock smash. "Take a melody" but it failed. Wish took two Rock smashes. Wish fainted.
Buguitar stood in shock. Wish tried to help her but failed. "A potion." Buguitar demanded.
"But what if we need it latter?"
"This is latter." Buguitar stole a potion from Shiny's bag and used it. Buguitar started to gather her rage... Rock Smash... Rock Smash... Strike! The Machop was down. Buguitar was breathing heavily.
Mason:"Well, now aren't you something."
Shiny picked up the close by potion then ran to the pokemon center. After healing the trio headed back into the mines. Shiny picked up an escape rope.
Colin:"Fine, all righty then. Just a quick battle on my break!" He sent out a Geodude.
Buguitar was up up. Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude spread mud all over the place to weaken electricity. Buguitar began with a fury cutter. The Geodude tackled Buguitar. "Grlolwrlworl!" Geodude tackled again. Buguitar went in for another fury cutter. The Geodude defense curled. Buguitar started to gather her emotions... crit tackle... defense curl... strike! Geodude fainted. Buguitar felt good, power flowed though her as she leveled up. She could even feel a new technique surfacing.
Wish was out next. Onix tackled Wish. Wish started chanting something while taking a tackle. "Simple as can be" however the Onix was unaffected. The Onix used rock throw. Wish's wish came true and healed him. The Onix hardened twice. "Give it some words" The Onix fell asleep. Wish wiggled a stub and used memento then fainted. Wish had fainted. Shiny and Buguitar were in shock.
Buguitar was out. Buguitar ran in with a fury cutter but missed. Buguitar got an idea. Buguitar bit Onix and started to use leech life. Buguitar felt like a zubat, and that was great. She went in for another fury cutter. Onix woke up and threw a rock. "Grololrw" the Onix used harden. Buguitar began gathering her emotions... harden...rock throw that missed... oh come on! The onix threw another rock but missed again. Buguitar used leech life while the Onix Hardened. Buguitar gathered her emotions again... Tackle... Harden... Strike! the onix was in the yellow and used tackle. Buguitar used leech life again. The onix threw a rock. Buguitar gathered her emotions... rock throw... rock throw... strike! The Onix had 1 hp left, and threw another rock, it was a crit. Buguitar desperately used leech life. The Onix fainted.
Colin:"Wahaha! Mercy I cry Mercy!"

With Wish fainted and Buguitar at 10 health left Shiny carefully walked back to the pokemon center running from all wild battles.
"Wish are you okay?"
"I'm great now! Wish answered. "It's just..." Wish looked at his stub, remembering the move that had caused him to faint. "It's just what just happened was terrible. I fainted and wasn't able to help you. I'm not sure if I want to use metronome again."

New rule! Wish due to fear of reusing Memento can never use Metronome again, or any self fainting moves.

"Alright," Shiny answered. The trio headed out again. They went to Oreburgh mines, running from everything in sight. "I wonder if that's Rowark."
"What makes you think that Shiny??"
"Mostly the fact that he is the only miner here that doesn't look like everyone else." Shiny answered. She walked up to the man.
"Stand back and watch this. Using the hidden move Rock Smash, a boulder blocking your way..." the man said facing a rock. He choped the rock with his hand and the boulder was smashed into a million flying shards.
"My wing!" A Zubat cried.
"Fallen boulders need to be smashed so they're out of the way." The man said.
"So is that how you beat Zubat?" Shiny asked, looking at the Zubat who was dramatically flailing.
"No, Rock Smash is a fighting type move which isn't very effective on flying types. Rock types on the other hand..." Shiny thought about a geodude getting Rock Smashed. Harsh. "Still if you could get the Badge from the Gym in town, you'd be able to do this too."
"Alright so where is the gym leader?" Shiny asked.
"That'd be me!" Roark said.
"Knew it." said Shiny.
"Hello Roark sir! It is very nice to meet you!"
Roark smiled, "It's nice to see you too. I'll see you at my gym if you want to challenge me." Roark walked away.
"Well I know where we are going next. The gym in which I've heard in trainer school was infested with rock types. You know, the kind we don't have any normally effective moves against. This will be FUN.
Buguitar looked down and twiddled her scythes.
"Don't worry guys we can do this! What does Roark have that we don't?"
"Resistances and years of experience." Shiny answered.
"Super effective moves."
"Okay maybe he has a upper hand." Wish broke out in song, 'But we can train to be strong, in the real way. We'll beat him with our friendship and our bond, in the real way. I want to inspire you. I want to be your light and when we fight to light the fire, inside of you."
"That was beautiful."
"That was an inspiring song Wish, but we are still at a disadvantage. What's the worst that can happen? Let's go." Said Shiny.

The trio walked over the the gym. Ah, the gym. The amazingly spectacular gym. With straight forward battles. The gym leader fought fairly. Much much better than those dreaded island trials team skull told Shiny about on some forums. Unlike gyms island trials had you do some irrelevant task and they only allowed you to have out one pokemon at a time while the totem got to cheat by having auto boosted stats and an another pokemon to battle with. On days like this Shiny was glad to live in Sinnoh. A man told Shiny, "Hi there champ-to-be, you can use water and grass type moves to make things easier, not that you know any, har, har, har." Shiny moved on.

Jonathon:"You avoided the long way around? Let's see why you'd do that!"
Shiny:"For experience, money and to see if my team is ready to face Roark. That's why."
Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude defense curled. Buguitar used leech life while geodude defense curled. Buguitar went in for a fury cutter while geodude once again defense curled. Buguitar growled in frustration. Geodude used tackle. Buguitar leeched lifed while taking a defense curl. Buguitar was growing frustrated that her attacks were only doing 1 point of damage. Buguitar gathered her frustration... defense curl... defense curl... arg! the geodude promptly used tackle. Buguitar used leech life while taking a tackle. Buguitar gathered her emotions... tackle... tackle... strike! Buguitar took out half of Geodude's remaining health. Buguitar used leech life while taking a tackle, but not any tackle, a critical hit. Buguitar began to gather her rage... tackle... tackle... strike! Geodude fainted. Buguitar could feel the experience flowing through her as she leveled up.
Jonathan:"Now I understand why you wanted to battle with me."
Shiny rushed to the pokemon center then went back to the gym.

Darius:"Only those who want to win can challenge a pokemon gym!"
Shiny:"Why would someone want to challenge a gym if they didn't want to win?"
Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude used tackle. Buguitar used leech life while taking a tackle. Buguitar fury cutted while the geodude defense curled. "Grrrolollw! the geodude curled even more. Buguitar used leech life while the geodude defense curled. Buguitar gathered her emotions... tackle... defense curl... strike! Geodude's defense went even higher. Buguitar used leech life while the geodude tackled and missed Buguitar. Buguitar leaped into Geodude and finished things off with Fury Cutter.
Wish was up against an Onix. Wish took a rock throw and a tackle before using pound. Wish was in for a long battle. Onix hardened. "and a sweet melody." Onix fell asleep. "Raise your voices, oh today how love grows strong now," Wish continued to sing. Wish began dancing along to the song and by mistake swung one of his stubs out. Wish used metronome. Wish watched in fear as the entire gym started to shake, an earthquake. Wish was relieved when he didn't faint. Onix woke up from the shaking and used rock throw, tackle, harden, rock throw. Wish finally started chanting something but by then it was too late, Wish had 5 health left and any attack out easily faint him.
"Wish I've got this!" Buguitar took a tackle that could have been fatal to Wish. Wish's wish fully healed Buguitar. "Grolworlw!" The Onix used harden. Buguitar went in for a Leech life though it barely did anything. Buguitar gathered her emotions... tackle that was a critical hit but hardly did anything... tackle... strike! Onix had fainted.
"Thanks Buguitar! We make a great team!" Wish leveled up and learned copycat to replace metronome, the move Wish now feared. Buguitar blushed.
Darius:"Gggh... This is humiliating."

Shiny went to the pokemon center. Shiny trained Wish a little bit in the Oreburgh mines. Wish fought a Zubat, Zubat, ran from a Shiny Geodude, normal geodude, shiny geodude, caught a shiny Zubat named Flapa after a critical pound, ran from a Geodude, fought a Zubat in what felt like 10+ turns, ran from a shiny Geodude, Onix, geodude, fought a level 8 Onix in a 20+ turn battle demonstrating the nightmare having all your attacks do 1 damage and disobedience will be at Roark's gym ending with Wish getting a merciful critical hit, and after all that Wish was level 14.

Shinys encountered:19
Shinys caught:11

"Alright everyone are you ready to face the gym leader Roark?" Shiny asked.
"As ready... as I'll ever get."
"Yes! Don't worry Buguitar we can do this! I've got your back."
"Al... Alright. Let's do this."

"Okay we are going to face the gym leader." Shiny took a deep breath. Shiny walked past all of the rocks lining the gym. She walked up the stairs. "Roark. I challenge the Oreburgh city gym."
"Welcome to the Oreburgh Pokemon Gym! As you know I'm Roark, the gym leader. I'm but one Trainer who decided to walk proudly with Rock-type Pokemon! As the Gym Leader, I need to see your potential as a Trainer. And, I'll need to see the toughness of the Pokemon that battle with you!" Roark sent out a Geodude.
"Alright Buguitar let's go!" said Shiny. Buguitar was out first. Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude scattered a hundred pointed stones between Shiny and Buguitar, ensuring damage for any switch. Buguitar was ready. "Grrrrrroooowlwl!" Buguitar smiled at her best growl yet. A hard rock hit Buguitar in the chest. Buguitar began to gather her emotions... rock throw... rock throw... at four health left after being hit by three super effective attacks. The most important battle of her life. Buguitar jumped into the air and put her two scythes together she crashed down onto the Geodude creating a small dent. Geodude was down. Buguitar gasped in surprise, she OHKOed a pokemon who had a type advantage over her. Buguitar let out a smile, she felt amazing... and then she remembered her injuries.
"Okay Buguitar I've got the next pokemon. ... Ow..." Wish stepped on a sharp rock. A large towering snake of rocks peered down at the tiny star pokemon. Wish knew he could do this. Onix let out a powerful screech. Wish began to sing "Take a melody, simple as can be." However Onix let out another earsplitting screech that drowned out the song. Onix hurled a rock at Wish, chipping Wish's health down to 9. Wish managed to catch the rock and hurled it back at Onix, but it barley did anything. Wish knew what he had to do. A single tear fell from Wish's eye. Wish started chanting something. A force lifted the super potion from Shiny's bag and used it on Buguitar. "I believe in you." Wish said to Buguiar as a rock hurled into Wish. Wish laid there, fainted.
"Wish..." Buguitar was in tears. He used his turn to let Buguitar go on, knowing he would faint in the process. "Your... Going down!" Buguitar said through tears. Buguitar gathered her sadness... and rage! Onix let out an screech, and then threw a rock at Buguitar. Buguitar smashed her scythe into the Onix's neck. Her pure range was enough to one shot the Onix. Buguitar could feel herself getting stronger as she leveled up.
"Think you can take down Cranidos like you did to my other pokemon earlier? Your at your last pokemon, and used up your last super potion." Asked Roark.
"We sure can, and will, try." Shiny responded wishing she still had a super potion left. "For Wish."
"FOR WISH!" Buguitar shouted in her sadened fury. Shiny began by healing Buguitar with a potion. Craniados began by pursuiting Buguitar in a ram. It did almost as much damage as the potion healed. Shiny looked down, she knew how this was going to end. Buguitar went in and bit Craniados's neck draining some of his blood. Craniados ramed into Buguitar again. Buguitar began gathering her rage, her sadness, her wanting to avenge Wish, and most of all her will to win this battle. This was painful for Shiny to watch. She began tearing up. Craniados ramed it's thick blue skull into Buguitar's chest, crushing her against the wall.

"Good job Buguitar. Thank you for trying your best."

This is one of the hardest times in the game. I only have two pokemon both of switch don't have any normally effective moves to rock times, barring bide and a lucky copycat. It also doesn't help that Buguitar is weak to rock type moves. Yes I did lose to Roark, I think it is more interesting from a story prospective as instead of always winning everything Shiny also loses sometimes. Anyway I feel like from now on having these overall things with some statists
Poke $:1468
Time: 22:55 (Writing this takes so much time)
Pokedex: 17
Buguitar the Kricketune - level 16
Growl
Bide
Fury Cutter
Leech life
52, 36, 24, 24, 22, 26
Buguitar is finally my MVP in this scramble. She can attack reliably and bide actually does something to rock types. As for the gym I could teach her rocksmash, however the move deleter isn't until much latter in the game and by then rock smash would probably become a burden.
Wish the Cleffa - level 14
Pound
Sing
Wish
Copycat
38, 14, 16, 18, 22, 13
Virtues: Kindness, Humility, Temperance
Ah Wish, how the mighty has fallen. Wish was my powerhouse until disobedience got in the way. Wish just takes so many turns not doing what I want him to and it is frustrating. Wish can't tank everything like he used to. All the times he does nothing really do give foes enough time to seriously injure or faint Wish before he does something useful. The gym leader's pokemon are rock types in which pound and copycat only to 1 to 3 damage. While he did have metronome using memento and fainting from it scared Wish enough that he does not want to use the move again, even though it could come in handy it's just to risky for Wish to feel safe using it. As you can tell I care much more about flavor in this scramble that practicality seeing the new rules I add, and the long detailed posts I make for updates. Though if Wish gets magical leaf he may be able to sweep the gym, if he can even use the move in the first place that is.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
ACottontail at the risk of you spending too much time in the Great Marsh, take Petra the Carnivine.
As with his namesake (Petey Piranha), Petra was happy guzzling dirty liquids in the Marsh before you came along; it still loves playing with its food, though. You must teach Petra Natural Gift as soon as possible (Veilstone Department Store), and it can have only one other attacking move. In order to get Petra motivated again, you have to basically drown it in water. Fortunately, there’s a ready source nearby. Petra must be hit by at least one damaging Water-type move from each of Crasher Wake's Pokemon during the battle. If this is not accomplished, Petra refuses to act for the rest of the Scramble (resets are allowed). After getting its fill, Petra begins to warm up to you - it prefers to battle when it's least expected. Petra must participate in all Trainer Double Battles in which you do not have a partner. Petra eventually gets winsome for its past, spreading and devouring garbage everywhere. You should give it the chance to do so again! You must teach it Sludge Bomb as soon as possible (Galactic Veilstone Building, in the basement where you get the Galactic Key); this does not count towards its attacking moves (giving it a total of potentially 3).

Sorry if I got the gender wrong, and I hope you enjoy!

Ullar take Tesla the Ampharos!

A researcher at heart, Tesla plans to experiment with different sets. After every level of Black Tower, replace any moves used by Tesla with other learnable moves. If you cannot replace one, then you simply can’t use it. The same limit applies to Items as well. Although some would rather to stay purely theoretical, Tesla desires to do much field work, as well. So as to make you change things each time, Tesla must solo the first otherwise nonsoloed trainer on each level.

Enjoy!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
And with that (plus some Discord suggestions), I'm ready! I'll start up my game and do a team review soon; here's hoping things go well!

ACottontail at the risk of you spending too much time in the Great Marsh, take Petra the Carnivine.
As with his namesake (Petey Piranha), Petra was happy guzzling dirty liquids in the Marsh before you came along; it still loves playing with its food, though. You must teach Petra Natural Gift as soon as possible (Veilstone Department Store), and it can have only one other attacking move. In order to get Petra motivated again, you have to basically drown it in water. Fortunately, there’s a ready source nearby. Petra must be hit by at least one damaging Water-type move from each of Crasher Wake's Pokemon during the battle. If this is not accomplished, Petra refuses to act for the rest of the Scramble (resets are allowed). After getting its fill, Petra begins to warm up to you - it prefers to battle when it's least expected. Petra must participate in all Trainer Double Battles in which you do not have a partner. Petra eventually gets winsome for its past, spreading and devouring garbage everywhere. You should give it the chance to do so again! You must teach it Sludge Bomb as soon as possible (Galactic Veilstone Building, in the basement where you get the Galactic Key); this does not count towards its attacking moves (giving it a total of potentially 3).

Sorry if I got the gender wrong, and I hope you enjoy!
Thank you! Alright so with Petra the Carnivine I have 6 pokemon for my team.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Black Tower Scramble Update 0: Preparation
God, that took too long. I, uh, borrowed a "friend's" save file, and it took WAY too much time to unlock Black Tower. Too much trouble, yet here I am!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__27843.png

Let's dig into the starting team, shall we?

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__28555.png

A solid-looking, diverse array of....misfits. This will be fun. Let's go in order, though I'll probably shift the marching order around as needed. Tesla will be in front at the start, for instance.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__27932.png

I didn't really realize how limited Pupitar's options were until I looked at the movepool. Whoosh. My strategy is fairly simple with MiddleKid (as he had to be nicked for error code unknown reasons): dance up, ground if need be, then dig a hole.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__27951.png

Dammit, pinky. You have to make things difficult. This will be a slow and agonizing death for the necessary soloes: one 'mon per Boss Trainer.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__27961.png

I'm going with the presumably intended spirit of this challenge, and not using any moves or items twice - ever. I'm adding a houserule that consumable items are replenished after battle, btw. I made a throwaway set for the 1st Floor, but I may regret tossing Power Gem out so early. We'll see!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__30645.png

As I took this picture, I realized how dire my situation looks with Bobert. No STAB, and a total of 35 PP...oof. I can't wait until he learns Hyper Voice.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__27977.png

Simple and to-the-point. Tried to get meaningful coverage, wound up with something that will likely be destroyed by Steel types. Fingers crossed!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__27990.png

I figured these moves would be a nice rotation. Heal Bell lets Mixer serve a clerical role (at times), while the others...are largely filler. Eevee doesn't learn many moves that aren't Normal. Go figure!

All in all, this is looking very challenging. I'm just gonna pray for the best as I take on Floor 1 tomorrow! Cheers!

Tesla the Ampharos
Level 50
Ability: Static
Item: Shuca Berry
-Cotton Spore
-ThunderPunch
-Power Gem
-Growl
Forbidden Items: none yet!
Forbidden Moves: none yet!
Comments: none yet!

MiddleKid the Pupitar
Level 50
Ability: Shed Skin
Item: Leftovers
-Smack Down
-Dragon Dance
-Dig
-Protect

Magnifi the Shuckle
Level 50
Ability: Contrary
Item: Focus Band
-Power Split
-Toxic
-Shell Smash
-Protect

Bobert the Hydreigon
Level 50
Ability: Levitate
Item: Earth Plate
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast
-Heat Wave
-Roost

Hope&Dream the Musharna
Level 50
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Choice Specs
-Psyshock
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam

Mixer the Eevee
Level 50
Ability: Run Away
Item: Eviolite
-Heal Bell
-Iron Tail
-Curse
-Bite
Items on Standby: none yet!

So I wrote the 7th chapter for my Shiny Scramble. Original post.
"So your telling me we lost?" Buguitar's eye twitched. She was full of rage.
"Yeah... We were so close to. Looking back if you used bide you probably could of won." Said Shiny.
"You got to be kidding me. So Wish's heroic sacrifice and our only super potion was all for nothing!"
"I knew I would have needed it later..." Shiny muttered.
"It's not for nothing. You got some experience. Besides so what if we lost once? There is always next time! And for sure we'll get them next time!"
"Yeah. I've bought 3 more potions for our next attempt, even if we may need the money used to buy them later." Said Shiny.
"But how are we going to win."
"Well if we believe in our selfs we can win! Together we can be strong, in the real way!" Wish broke out into song.
"Alright! It's getting kind of late so let's challenge the gym again first thing tomorrow." Shiny said.
"How are we even going to win with nothing but a level's change. Shouldn't we learn some super effective moves first? Don't you have the HM for rock smash Shiny? Can I learn it?"
"But Buguitar you might need that move slot for something later." Shiny answered, "If you learn it you can't forget it until who knows how long."
"Fine... Let's challenge the gym again, tomorrow."
"Don't worry Buguitar I've got your back! Together we got this for sure tomorrow." Then everyone went to bed.

Buguitar laid awake waiting for everyone else to go to sleep. Buguitar knew they were destined for failure tomorrow at their current state. She looked at Wish, he was so cute when he slept. He was so confident about winning and yet he couldn't do anything but scratch damage to Roark's pokemon. Buguitar loved his encouraging attitude but knew that the victory that he so deeply believed in was simply not true. Buguitar remembered Wish's heroic sacrifice believing Buguitar could finish Roark off, and she failed him. No matter how much he believed and Buguitar liked him he was utterly useless in battle, so much for have your back. Wait. He kept saying together. Did he really mean that he would withstand attacks while Buguitar was healed? No Buguitar didn't want Wish to go through that again. He's too nice to just keep fainting over and over again just so Buguitar could go on. He believed in her. Buguitar had to be strong, for Wish.
Buguitar looked at Shiny. What a useless trainer. She'll be sooner to let one of them faint than heal them. What if we need it later? She kept saying. If one of them didn't take a potion from her bag they would have surely lost. Will later ever come if she doesn't take care of now? Buguitar rummaged through Shiny's bag. She held up a brown disk. "Wish for us I'll be strong, in the Real way."

"Okay guys good morning. Is everyone ready to rechallenge Roark?" Shiny asked.
"Yep! We can do this together!"
Buguitar gave a smug smile.

Shiny walked into the gym and faced Roark. "We're ready for round two."
"Very well. Show me the toughness of your Pokemon!" He said sending out a Geodude.
Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude scattered a hundred pointed stones all over the place. "Grrrooowl" a hard rock hit Buguitar in the chest. Buguitar began gathering her want for revenge... two hard rocks were hurled at Buguitar. Buguitar ran into the Geodude and slammed her scythes their head into with all her might scoring a OHKO. Buguitar was happy with what she was seeing so far.
"Alright Buguitar I'll cover you from the Onix." Wish hurt his foot on a jagged rock. Shiny began by giving Buguitar a potion. This shocked Buguitar. Shiny giving her a potion? Who was her and what did she do to Shiny, or maybe Buguitar didn't want to find out. Wish was hit by a rock. Shiny reached into her bag and healed Buguitar with another potion. Buguitar wondered who was disguised as Shiny. Wish took another rock to the face. "Don't worry, I'm still good." The Onix let out an ear piercing screech. Wish started chanting something. "Buguitar, I believe in you!" Wish stepped back.
Buguitar knew that Wish was counting on her, and it felt great and terrifying at the same time. Onix greeted Buguitar with a rock throw. Wish's wish came true and healed Buguitar to 51 health, one more than what those potions did. Buguitar ran in with a Fury Cutter. No it had much more force to it and Onix's defense was lowered.
"Buguitar did you learn rock smash?" Shiny asked.
"Yes I did. Now we can actually beat this gym."
"But what about later? What if you wanted that move slot for something else?"
"What about now? We need to win this." Buguitar began gathering her rage... Two rocks were hurled at Buguitar. One smacked her in the head while the other crashed beside her. Buguitar leaped onto the Onix and smashed her scythes into them, fainting the Onix. Buguitar smiled. So far, so good.
"Okay Buguitar I got Cranidos." Buguitar nervously glanced at Wish's 11 health remaining. Shiny got out a potion and healed Wish. "Thank you!" Cranidos smashed it's head into Wish leaving just 8 health remaining. Shiny met Wish's eyes and they nodded their head in agreement. Shiny used her final potion, on Buguitar. "I believe in yo--" Cranidos slammed into Wish from behind.
"No... no, no, no, Wish!" Buguitar went into battle. Buguitar began gathering her will for revenge... Critical Pursuit... Leer... Strike! Buguitar slammed into Cranidos with all of her might. Cranidos hung on with one health left ran into Buguitar and Buguitar fainted...

Shiny lost again...

"Are you guys okay?" Shiny asked her pokemon.
"Yep I'm great!"
"We lost... again..." Buguitar was in tears.
"Don't worry Buguitar we'll get them next time!"
"That's what you keep on saying. I try my hardest... You make a heroic sacrifice... But we still lose."'
"But that doesn't mean we should give up. Roark may beat us over and over again, but he will only truly win if we give up. As long as we keep trying one day we will beat him!"
"But I'm sick and tired of losing. It's terrible trying your hardest, seeing you get hurt in a self sacrifice and still having your foe hold victory an inch above you."
"Then we'll train." Both of Shiny's Pokemon looked at her, "If you both go up a few levels then surly you'll win next time, right?"
"But we are out of potions and only have enough money for one more. We used 4 potions last time not one."
"I still have a repel and stardust to sell," Shiny added, "Both of those together is enough for 3 more."
"Yeah! And Buguitar no matter how many times we lose, we'll still be by your side. Besides the harder Roark makes it for us to beat him, it will just make the feeling of actually beating him feel more sweet."
Buguitar wiped away a tear. "Alright... Let's train."

The trio wandered around Oreburgh city. A nice girl gave Shiny a dusk ball. A man kept blocking the entrance to a house. Yes knowing about vents is that important. Another man said, "The view is good from up here but it's pain going out. I wish you could show me a Zubat."
"You mean a Pokemon like this?" Shiny held your typical shiny Zubat, nothing much.
"Wow that's cool... It's so cute... And it's even green! This is motivating me to go out and catch some pokemon! Have this as a token of my thanks!" The man gave Shiny a heal ball.
Shiny walked around more and a boy gave Wish a Greatball for having shining eyes.

The trio went to route 207 to train. They encountered a Geodude, Geodude, Machop, found a pokeball, Geodude, Machop, Geodude, Zubat, Geodude, Shiny Geodude, Geodude, Machop, Caught a Shiny Machop and named it Ridge, Geodude, Shiny Geodude, Geodude, Shiny Geodude, Geodude, Kricketot, Shiny Zubat, Shiny Geodude, Geodude, Zubat, Geodude and Shiny Zubat. Shiny slowly grew annoyed at how Wish would drag out battles doing nothing or using the wrong move. After all of that Buguitar was level 17 and Wish was level 16. Wish had learned Magical leaf, a super effective attack against Roark. "Alright guys, I think we're ready."

Shinys encountered:26
Shinys caught:12

With four potions in her bag Shiny re-entered the gym. Shiny marched to the gym leader determined to win this time. "Roark! I challenge you to another rematch!"
"Alright. Show me the toughness of your pokemon!" He sent out his Geodude.
Shiny wasted a turn. The Geodude scattered another hundred pointed stones all over the battle field. That must be a pain for the janitor to clean up. Buguitar let out a ferocious growl. Buguitar was hit by a hard rock but she didn't care. Buguitar began gathering her determination to win this fight... Her rage grew as two rocks hit her, just the motivator she needed. Buguitar jumped into the air and smashed her two scythes into the Geodude. It was a OHKO. Buguitar knew this was only the beginning.
"Alright Buguitar. I think I can handle the Onix this time!" Shiny and Wish knew the plan. Shiny began by giving Buguitar a potion. Wish endured a critical rock throw. Shiny nervously gave Buguitar another potion healing her to full health. Onix used screech. Wish was glad not to take damage. Wish started chanting something. Onix let out another ear piercing screech. After taking a third screech Wish raised his stubs. Leaves surrounded Wish that were coated in different colored auras. The leaves flew towards Onix. It was to much to take and Onix went down. "Yay! I did it!" Wish's wish had came true, and it healed him to full health.
Buguitar felt great. She was at full health. Wish was at full health and not fainted. Only the dreaded Cranidos was left. For the first time Buguitar truly believed she could win this fight. "I've got this!" Buguitar gathered her determination to win... Pursuit... Leer... Strike! Buguitar joyously ran in and slammed Cranidos with her Scythe. Cranidos rammed into Buguitar with a headbutt. Buguitar was at only 12 health left. Another hit could faint her. But she still had hope, even if she fainted Wish could finish Cranidos off. Buguitar rock smashed her scythe into Cranidos. Buguitar's jaw dropped. She beat Cranidos. No one fainted in this battle. She stared at her scythe in amazement.
"WE WON! WOOT!" Shiny yelled.
"Shiny! Buguitar! We finally did it!. This is great!" Wish gave the cutest little smile.
Buguitar had an enormous grin. "Oh... my... Arceus, was that battle was hard! I can't believe we did it!"
"W-what? That can't be. My Buffed up Pokemon..." Roark said. "This is embarrassing... I went and lost to a trainer who didn't have a single Gym Badge..."
"Are you not the first gym?" Shiny asked. "Doesn't this happen all the time? If I were you I would be more embarrassed at losing to that kid with a level 5 Bidoof and Starly."
"But that's tough." Roark said. " You were strong, and I was weak. That's all there is. According to Pokemon League rules, I have to give you our Gym Badge since you've beaten me, the Leader. Here's your official Pokemon League Coal Badge."
"Whoa... It's so badge like, and shiny..." Shiny looked at the badge in awe.
"Having that Coal Badge means your Pokemon can now use the hidden move Rock Smash outside of battle. You should take this, too." Roark handed Shiny Tm76, "That contains the move Stealth Rock. It's a move that inflicts damage on foes that switch into battle. Incidentally, a TM will teach it's move to a pokemon instantly. But a TM will break when you use it, so make certain you want a pokemon to learn that move."
“Wow. Thank you Roark!”
"So, um... What now?"
"I guess going to Eterna city." Shiny answered.

I finally beat Roark. Well that was the hardest getting the first badge has ever been for me in a Pokemon game. Everything after this should be easier seeing as I'll get the rest of my scramblemons on my team. This is probably one of the hardest points of the game, and probably won't get harder until either Knave's solo of Iron island, Hot Air's solo of Fantina or the elite 4 and champion.
Poke $: 2095
Time: 25:21
Pokedex: 17
Buguitar the Kricketune - level 17
Growl
Bide
Rock Smash
Leech life
55, 38, 26, 25, 23, 29
Still the MVP of my team. Rock smash and Bide are both really useful. Still what convinced me to teach rock smash to Buguitar was that it was in Buguitar's character to do so. Buguitar's characteristic is hates to lose after all.
Wish the Cleffa - level 16
Pound
Magical leaf
Wish
Copycat
42, 16, 18, 19, 24, 15
Too easy and too hard options
Disobedience is the bane of Wish's existence. Wish spends much of his time not doing anything or the wrong move and it is frustrating. It has come to the point where fighting wild pokemon is a pain. I replaced sing with magical leaf because Buguitar learns sing next level. Just who's bright idea was it to set the level for disobedience so low. I'm serious Roark's own pokemon wouldn't listen to him if they were traded to him and he had his own badge, that is how bad it is.

And I also wrote another chapter.
Having won their first gym badge, the trio was causally heading out of Oreburgh city. And then Barry ran into Shiny.
Shiny fell down, "Ow!" Shiny got up, "What do you want this time Barry?"
"Shiny? are you okay?"
Shiny:"Don't worry I'm fine Wish."
"He didn't even make it look like a battling accident." Buguitar muttered under her breath, wanting to make a battling 'accident' happen.
Barry:"Whoops! Shiny! You got the Gym Badge, huh?"
Shiny:"Yep! Only took three tries."
Barry:"Eterna City is the next place with a Gym that gives away Badges, right?"
Shiny:"If nothing changed since trainer school taught us where all of the gyms were and now then it should be."
Barry:"So, yeah, I went to Route 207 but you can't go there without a bicycle. I made my team battle and toughened them up, so it wasn't a waste."
Shiny:"We also did that."
Barry:"So, I'm going back to Jubilife city. Next stop, the Eterna gym badge! Ten seconds before I dash!" Shiny and Wish jumped out of the way. Buguitar on the other hand, "Nine, bah who has time to count." Barry dashed ahead and tripped on Buguitar's foot. Barry stumbled forward but caught himself before falling, and continued to rush forward.
"Ow my foot!" It was only minor pain but Buguitar had to cover up her tracks.
"Buguitar are you okay?"
"I, I think so. Barry dashed forward before I could get out of the way and wow, that was painful. But I think I'm good to keep going."
Shiny:"That's good. Okay we're off to slowly get to Eterna city, how long could that take?"

The trio entered Oreburgh gate. "Okay so Roark said we can use rock smash to break rocks now. Buguitar why don't you test it out on that rock right there?" Shiny said.
"Okay." Buguitar smashed her scythe into the rock. Nothing eventful happened.
"Well that was a disappointment..." Shiny said. The trio continued on Oreburgh gate. A Geodude appeared and Buguitar despite being useless against rock types before, was able to one shot it with rock smash after a growl. This felt great to Buguitar. The trio were finally able to head north in the gate. Buguitar cleared the rocks away and they headed into the first basement floor after running from a Zubat. Shiny found TM flash on the ground. It felt great to finally have more access to the gate. After running from a Zubat the trio came across some water, this stopped them from going deeper in. After running form another Zubat Shiny found some stardust. After beating a Geodude the trio made it out of the gate. Buguitar even leveled up!
After beating a Shinx, the trio went to Jubilife city, healed, then headed towards route 204. They saw Lucas, Rowan and two astronaut wantabes blocking the way.
Rowan:"Ah, Shiny. Impeccable timing as always."
"Hi Mr.Rowan! Hi Lucas! Hi two, astronauts!?"
Shiny:"What is it Rowan?"
Rowan:"These miscreants are babbling utter nonsense that I just can't stomach."
"Micreants? What did they do?"
Rowan:"Show them some manners, if you will."
Shiny:"Wait what did they even say in the first place?"
Mystery man:"Oh, Professor Pokemon, must you be so difficult? We are approaching you strictly as businessmen."
Shiny:"I don't see why I should battle some random dudes just because they are trying to scam you into buying some cheap space junk."
Mystery man:"All you must do is provide us with all your research findings. In return we'll refrain from causing massive damage to your assistant."
"What no!? You can't hurt Lucas. I won't let you."
Shiny:"Are you serious? Are you seriously threatening to do something obviously evil just for something you can probably find online? Okay that just makes me want to fight you now."
Lucas:"Shiny! Join me and battle these guys!"
Shiny:"With Pleasure."
"Yeah! If you want to hurt Lucas, your going to have to go through me first."
The two men sent out a Wurmple and a Zubat. Lucas sent out his Chimchar. Shiny spoke, "Alright first thing's first." Shiny threw a pokeball at the Zubat.
Lucas:"Shiny what are you doing? You know that you can't catch other trainer's pokemon right?"
Shiny:"Yep I know."
"Kindness is a virtue so we are giving our foes a chance to."
Lucas had a terribly confused look on his face. "Alright Chimchar I guess you should use ember on Wurmple." Wurmple's eyes widened in fear as he heard the move. A wall of flames burned his face. Wurmple fainted. Sudden pain hit Chimchar in the back of the head as Zubat hit it.
"Okay Buguitar it's your turn!" Wish and Buguitar switched places.
Lucas:"Can't Wish just keep fighting?" Lucas asked.
"Well you see humility is a virtue and every one should share the spotlight in battles."
"Scratch." Lucas muttered becoming more and more confused at Shiny's weird battling style. Teeth hit claws.
Buguitar went to growl. But there was something wrong. Buguitar couldn't growl, instead she felt something else, like it was, a new move! Buguitar clumsily began to sing, "Take a melody, simple as it can be. Give it a sweet melody and um words. Raise your voice, oh how love grows strong today. Sing a song about, love oh love." The Zubat feel asleep. It was cute, and then flames scattered on it. Buguitar poked the Zubat, and it fainted.
"Buguitar that song was beautiful!" Wish grew to level 17.
"Thanks." Buguitar blushed and rubbed her scythe.
Grunts:"How is this maddness possible? Us grunts losing to children? Time to retreat... Mission failed."
Shiny:"Well now at least you admit to being grunts. Wait grunts? Does this mean?"
Grunt:"We have no other option. This won't be the last time you hear the name team Galactic! Retreat smoke bomb, away!" The grunt threw a white ball to the ground, it did nothing. "Um, retreat running, away!" Both grunts ran away.
Rowan:"That lot... They called themselves team Galactic."
Shiny:"Wait team Galactic? Do they dare challenge team Skull?"
Lucas:"What's team Skull?"
Shiny:"Oh it's this awesome team of people I want to join. They protect other regions from having to face the dreaded island challenge."
Lucas:"What's an island chal-"
Rowan interrupted him, "When Pokemon evolve, they seem to release some type of energy... However, I believe that it's a mystic power far beyond our control. Team Galactic seems to be trying to use that power for something."
Shiny:"For something like mega evolution? I think they came to the wrong region for that. Only Kalos and Hoenn have mega evolution related junk happen in them, or at least according to the internet they do."
"What's mega evolution?"
Shiny:"Well it's when a pokemon goes all evolutiony but only temporary."
Buguitar wondered, was her evolution mega evolution? Now that Buguitar had gotten used to it she didn't really want to go back to being a Kricketot. But mega evolution didn't happen in Sinnoh according to Shiny, that relieved Buguitar a little.
Rowan:"Anyway, Lucas, well done! You battled quite capably. You almost didn't need Shiny's help with her weird, rituals."
"They're virtues."
Rowan:"Still it's the site of you trainers and pokemon battling together... I made the right decision entrusting you both with a Pokedex!"
Lucas:"Shiny did you know about this?"
Shiny:"About what?"
Lucas:"The professor studies about the evolution of Pokemon, too. According to his research, 90% of all Pokemon are somehow tied to evolution! I guess that means some Pokemon undergo weird evolutions. So, Shiny... Let's keep working on our Pokedex project for the prof!"
Shiny:"Yeah! I'll help with the shinydex."
"Goodbye Lucas! Goodbye Rowan!" They both walked away.

Suddenly a weird man came up to Shiny. "Oh, that was very good! Nicely done! Truly excellent!"
Shiny:"Who are you?"
Man:"I beg your pardon, I'm from Jubilife TV! I'd like you to have something for letting me see that smashing battle!" The man gave Shiny the fashion case. "Contained within that Fashion Case... You will find a whole spectrum of chic Accessories and tasteful Backdrops. Dress up pokemon and watch their appeal grow!"
"Thank you kind sir!"
Shiny:"Thanks but why? What does this have to do with battling?"
Man:"And, right now the TV station is offering it's facilities so visitors can dress up their pokemon! That's why!"
Shiny:"I don't get the correlation but thanks man."
Man:"There are prize giveaways too! Please do vistit our TV station!"
Shiny"Alright, I guess we will." And just like that, the man walked away.

The trio headed to the Poketch company. "Now I'm pretty sure someone said something about a new thing when I get a badge." Shiny said to herself. The owner gave Shiny the memo pad app. Shiny promptly poorly drew a skull and cross bones with "Team Skull rulez" on it.
"Ooo is that a drawing pad?"
"Yep," Shiny answered, she cleared the screen. "Do you want to try?"
"Yeah!" Wish drew even more poorly Shiny Buguitar and himself together. "Wow that was fun! Do you want to try Buguitar.
"No thank you."

The trio exited and building and went to the Jubilife TV station. There was a girl singing karaoke. "Hi my name is Ariel. I want to be more like Pikachu. Will you battle me?"
"Sure." Shiny answered.
"Alright, Pikachu all the way!" Somewhere far away a Misdreavus sensed something.
Wish easily beat Pikachu after wasted turns of disobedience, attraction, and both sides being paralyzed.
Buguitar was up against another Pikachu. She was going to start the battle with sing, but the song she sung last time, just didn't feel right. That song, it was Wish's song. Buguitar felt like she had to find her own song. She thought about the words, static electricity covering her body ignoring any hits she took, then began to sing "You and I were born," that was all she needed for Pikachu to fall asleep. Buguitar easily beat the Pikachu in 2 hits after that. Buguitar put her head onto her scythes, embarrassed at how awkward the first line sounded without the context of the second.

New rule! Buguitar must sing the entirety to Kiseki (the X&Y credits song) before reaching the elite 4 at one line per use of sing, according to the way it was formatted on Bulbapedia. So in other words, 38 times.

Shiny healed her Pokemon then headed back to the building. Some man gave Shiny a Piplup mask. Suddenly a man asked "Will you tell me your opinion on TV?"
"Well usually the shows don't have much information on them are are rather boring. So overall 7.8/10, to much water, not enough skull." Shiny answered.
"Please reduce your answer to two words from this list." The man replied.
"What this is a ripoff!" Shiny said, "I guess, REGRET WATER, then? I don't see why all of the options on this list are in all caps though."
"Interesting," the man said, "What feedback can you give me about TV?"
"Okay this is to much to just chose from this list. Everything from now on will just be, NO WAY, since I don't see just NO on the list." Shiny answered.
"Shiny you should answer these honestly."
"You try answering by picking two words from this list where the person's computer had their caps lock stuck in the on position."
"Hm, Let's see..." Wish started looking through the available answers.
"Moving along Wish."

The trio looked around the building. Shiny checked her records and the pokemon defeated record was exactly 100. On the second floor a man said"Ooh, your Pokemon are so very charming."
"Why thank you!"
The man continued, "They're so charming I will even hang a picture of one right beside me! Dress up your Pokemon and I'll take a photo when your done! Doesn't that sound great."
"Buguitar you should be the one he hangs a picture of on the wall."
"No, you should be the one that gets their picture taken."
"Are you sure Buguitar?"
"Yes, really. I insist."
Wish and Buguitar began dressing up the best they could with only starting accessories. In the end the results were, meh. Especially with the camera Shiny lent the man to take the Photos with. Shiny looked at the photos, "This is why I almost never use my camera for things."

After that the trio participated in the lottery. They won nothing. The trio finally headed towards route 204 at night. They entered Ravaged Path. They encountered some rocks. "Not this time knee high rocks with gaps between them. This time we got Buguitar. And she's going to smash you!" Shiny said.
"Shiny you know those rocks aren't alive, right?"
"Yeah I know. It just feels good to finally be able to pass these rocks, so first let's head to the left." Shiny said. They ran from a Zubat and picked up TM39, rock tomb, on the left side. The rest of the way was blocked by water. The trio went to the right and beat a Geodude. Buguitar sung "right here in the same world." and KOed it.

Taylor:"Let's have a battle while smelling the aroma of flowers!"
"For this one brief life," Buguitar sang to Budew, Cherrubi was switched in and Buguitar OHKOed it.
Wish 2HKOed the Budew.
Taylor:"Even though I lost, I'm not angry because it smells so nice."

The trio continued down route 204. Shiny found an awakening.
Brandon: "Say, listen. What's your opinion on bug Pokemon?" He sent out a Kricketot. "we're beneath the same sky." Buguitar sang, she 2HKOed Kricketot. Buguitar smiled at the fact that after years of being called chalkboard, she was finally stronger than Kricketots, now to find those Kricketot she knew.
Wish was up next. He fell asleep mid battle. "Wish wake up!" Shiny shouted. Wish stayed asleep, not that the Wurmple he was facing was actually a threat or anything. "Come on Wish wake up." It was 30 minutes past the young pokemon's bed time. After a while the little star pokemon woke up, "Huh what? Wait I'm still in the middle of a battle! Sorry, yawn, Shiny?." Wish 2HKOed the Wurmple after that. "I'm not going to be able to explain the charms of bug pokemon this way." Brandon said ignoring Buguitar.

"It's getting late. I'm so, yawn, tired. I think we should go to sleep soon, yawn."
"Alright Wish," replied Shiny, "I think there's a town up ahead. Let's rest there."

Suddenly twins challenged Shiny to a battle. "We can one-shot this trainer, can't we Liz?" said Liv. "We're the strongest in our class!" Said Liz.
"If you two gang up on others no wonder, though I don't think you'll have much ease beating Wish and Buguitar." said Shiny.
Wish and Buguitar were out in a battle together. In perfect union the two Pachirisu disappeared. They reappeared slamming into both of Shiny's pokemon. Buguitar was in battle with Wish. She blushed. She just had to impress Wish. Leaves with different colored auras surrounded Wish. An ambush of quick attacks made Wish lose his focus.
"Leave Wish alone!" She began to sing, "The great flow of time." Buguitar looked over to Wish, he looked focused on the battle. Buguitar prepared Rock smash as Pachirisu ran into the move in it's own attacking attempt. The tiny star jumped on the electric squirrel. Pachirisu rushed forward unsuspecting of Buguitar's jaws, and fainted. "Wow, good job Buguitar!" Wish cheered as he leveled up. Buguitar's cheeks looked like a normal Kricketune's. Leaves surrounded in auras cut away at the sleeping Pachirisu.
A stub lifted into the air, it jolted down at the sudden presence at Wish's chest. A scythe slammed into the middle of the Pachirisu causing it to faint. Buguitar felt power flow through her as she leveled up.
Liz:"I wish I could be strong like you when I get bigger."

The trio continued forward. Shiny picked up TM09, Bullet Seed. The trio made it. Floaroma town was covered in peacefully swaying yellow and blue flowers. A soothing song echoed throughout the town.
"It's, so, peaceful. So beautiful..." Muttered Wish. His eyes closed.
"Aw, little guy, we're going to bed soon." Shiny said. She began to carry Wish. They entered the pokemon center. Shiny gently placed Wish on a cushion. Shiny laid down on a couch and fell asleep.

Alright this was a very easy chapter. Most things were OHKOed or 2HKOed. The hardest part was honestly Wish's disobedience wasting so many turns. Curse you Roark, why did you make me grind so much that everything after your gym is a breeze. Still here you got to see why I rarely take screen shots, my 3DS camera is terrible. Hot Air should have some trouble with the rest of the area when I get her, right? Right?
Poke $: 3559
Time: 29:11
Pokedex: 22
Buguitar the Kricketune - level 19
Sing
Bide
Rock Smash
Leech life
60, 42, 29, 27, 25, 31
5/38 lines sung
Buguitar is still my MVP. She is reliable and OHKOs or 2HKOs almost everything. I added an extra rule to her because I though it would be cool, but then I realized that she could very easily do that normally. Still while ten base power was a disappointment, 40 sure isn't (for now at least.)
Wish the Cleffa - level 16
Pound
Magical leaf
Wish
Copycat
42, 16, 18, 19, 24, 15
Ah Wish, you are such a victim to a lack of play testing. My once MVP sitting firmly as LVP because of it. Still was it just me or did Wish start only being able to 2HKO things Buguitar could OHKO? Poor little guy. It just stresses me to use Wish knowing that at any moment Wish could take many turns in a row not doing anything or doing the wrong thing. Still falling asleep mid battle due to it is a new one. Obedience can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__1051.png

Forgot to take any screenshots of the tutorial Backpacker telling me how this whole shindig works, but here I am! Floor 1, Black Tower! Tesla's in the front, and I'm ready to fight the first Trainer!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__1218.png
6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__1289.png

Too easy. Solo complete!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__1691.png

Synch came in handy here, for VENGEANCE

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__2230.png

tfw no moves that work at all .-.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__3115.png

It's a Dig-off folks, who will win??? (Hint: It's MiddleKid, as he's much much slower than a Diglett)

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__3373.png

And with Diglett gone, the tutorial Gate Trainer lets me in!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__2419.png

DO THE RUNNING MAN

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__3895.png

First Gate Trainer! Someone on the floor told me he has an Unfezant, so MiddleKid is in front...turns out said Unfezant has Steel Wing. Damn.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__4143.png

AND HYPNOSIS, UGH

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__4277.png

First level-up of the Scramble (after sleep shenanigans)! Signal Beam: GET

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__4463.png

lol too easy

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__4901.png

Maybe I shouldn't have saved Magnifi for last, because this was...kinda close. So glad it used Iron Defense before I used Power Trick.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__5038.png

yaaaaaaaaay an item i guess!!! Victory is mine!

Short but sweet. That's just the introduction, though; I'm sure the next floor will be (slightly) more difficult!

Tesla the Ampharos
Level 51
Item: Chesto Berry
-Confuse Ray
-Signal Beam
-Rain Dance
-Round

Forbidden Items: Shuca Berry
Forbidden Moves: Cotton Spore, ThunderPunch, Power Gem, Growl, Signal Beam
Comments: I thought I'd figured a way around your restriction (don't teach it for all moveslots), but then you had to say 'replace'. Ugh. This will be difficult. However, I'm choosing to interpret a move learned by level-up as not counting towards the total, so there's that. Still a replacement! Overall, Tesla is a strong contender so far. One of my best members, even though I'm deliberately choosing crappy moves to begin with.

MiddleKid the Pupitar
Level 50
-Smack Down
-Dragon Dance
-Dig
-Protect
Comments: A solid hitter! This guy deals damage well...the problem is, he doesn't take it well. Jury's still out, though.

Magnifi the Shuckle
Level 50
-Power Split
-Toxic
-Shell Smash
-Protect
Comments: hahahahahahahaha this guy's funny

Bobert the Hydreigon
Level 50
Item: Earth Plate
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast
-Heat Wave
-Flash Cannon
Comments: Surprisingly not useful, but it's only been one floor. Swapped Roost for Flash Cannon. Still walled by Water/Flying types. This will end well.

Hope&Dream the Musharna
Level 50
-Psyshock
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam
Comments: Hits hard, but is hella slow. I'm just worried about being stuck in a fight with a type that's resistant or immune to the attack she's using...hasn't happened yet though.

Mixer the Eevee
Level 50
Ability: Run Away
Item: Air Balloon
-Iron Tail
-Curse
-Heal Bell
-Bite
Items on Standby: Eviolite (4 floors remaining)
Comments: Moved Heal Bell to the third slot, so I can actually use it when I need it. Mixer isn't that fantastic otherwise, but we'll see!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Double posting, but nobody else seems to have updates...so here I am! As an aside, I just noticed during this update that my save file is set to Challenge Mode; it's a little late to go back now, so the whole Scramble will be in Challenge Mode! Hoorayyyyy.......

e: just found out I could evolve Mixer, so put his new stats in the post

Missed various shots of the Gate Trainer for this floor continuing the tutorial. Man, they're softballing it for you, huh?
6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__14547.png
6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__14629.png

Made quick work of the first trainer, despite the bad moveset. I lucked up!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__14923.png

Got this early in, which is nice

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__15168.png

ARE YOU JOKING. THIS EXACT SITUATION AGAIN. UGH.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__15406.png

and the pos took out Mixer too I'm furious rn

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__15462.png

ONE HIT WONDER (after other hits, of course)

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__15863.png

Niiiice~

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__16340.png

Took this to prove to myself Earth Power can't hit while the target is using Dig. I couldn't remember for a hot minute, and I was certainly sweating!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__16657.png

Beat the Gate Trainer! I figure I'll finish off everyone on the Floor though, so I can grind a good bit.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__16990.png

Didn't get the right frame, but my Toxicstall Shuckle got hit with Leech Seed. That's never good, so I swapped to Bobert who rekt face

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__18166.png

MEDIC

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__18512.png

Okay so MiddleKid tried to OHKO Vanillite with Smack Down and the frick survived with like 1 HP and OHKO'd in return UGH. I disrespected with Magnifi the Shuckle in return.

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__18842.png

Made it! Despite the approximate 10-level difference between the Boss's mons and mine, I'm confident I can win. Right...?

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__19250.png

Also did this bc Earth Plate is dumbo in this case

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__19433.png

Figured I'd get this out of the way, but UGH HYPNOSIS this run is annoying

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__20308.png

You fought 'til the bitter end Magnifi _o7

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__20465.png

FINISH THEM. with shadow ball, I mean. Swoobat is next, so I want to not shaft myself

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__20582.png

Nice!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__20713.png

Actual ONE HIT WONDER

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__20749.png

Double nice!

6149 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]__20840.png

And that's a warp, folks!

Tesla the Ampharos
Level 51
Item: Air Balloon
-Echoed Voice
-Rest
-Rock Smash
-ThunderShock
Forbidden Items: Shuca Berry, Chesto Berry
Forbidden Moves: Cotton Spore, ThunderPunch, Power Gem, Growl, Signal Beam, Confuse Ray, Signal Beam, Rain Dance, Round
Comments: He levels up quickly and had no STAB, so he didn't see much use beyond his solo. Here's hoping that his limitations won't limit me too much...once Floor 5 hits, I'm going to start using up multiple Good Moves, and that frightens me. Alas!

MiddleKid the Pupitar
Level 50
-Smack Down
-Dragon Dance
-Dig
-Protect
Comments: Okay, this is getting annoying. You're a middle-stage; why do you gain EXP so slowly? Is middle of the line when it comes to dependability.

Magnifi the Shuckle
Level 51
-Power Split
-Toxic
-Shell Smash
-Protect
Comments: Pretty solid, despite it having no healing and is a literal chore to take foes down. I expect him to go far, though.

Bobert the Hydreigon
Level 51
Item: Wise Glasses
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast
-Heat Wave
-Flash Cannon
Comments: Bobert fared better this time around by a large margin. It's a shame he levels up so slowly, but as the levels in Black Tower rise exponentially, I feel he'll also rise to the occasion. Also he has glasses now,

Hope&Dream the Musharna
Level 50
-Psyshock
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam
Comments: Slow and steady wins the race, and boy oh boy does this win the race. Not many things survive a SE hit from her.

Mixer the Vaporeon
Level 50
Ability: Water Absorb
Item: King's Rock
-Ice Beam
-Heal Bell
-Shadow Ball
-Scald
Items on Standby: Eviolite (3 floors remaining), Air Balloon (4 floors remaining)
Comments: I'm starting to relegate Mixer to a support role, in all honesty...but hey! Having Heal Bell on the team is never bad...I just can't see too much potential in him, especially when the foes evolve. Who knows, though.
e: just evolved him, expecting much more

Last edited:
Ullar you know you are allowed to evolve Mixer, right? I didn't say anything about Mixer's evolution in the challenge because I didn't want to give you any restrictions on when or what to evolve Mixer into.

Also I have written an update for my own scramble. Original post.
It was morning. The trio headed out of the pokemon center. "Huh, what's this." Shiny picked up a red berry. "It looks like a Cheri berry." Shiny walked over to the next tree, "And this looks like an Oran berry."
"Shiny? we shouldn't steal."
"But Wish nothing else we took off the ground was 'stolen'," Shiny replied, "Besides what's the worst that can happen?" Both trees Shiny picked berries from disintegrated "Whoa, did it just... Alright, alright, I'll put them back," Shiny planted both of the berries.
"Shiny? we just vandalized property! Do you know how serious this is?"
"Um, um." Shiny looked around. She saw the sign for the building read, Free Berries Available, "Wait, those were the free berries."
"That was close. For a second I thought we committed vandalism."
The trio went inside. A girl handed Shiny a Sprayduck watering can, "Now remember to water berries!"
"Thank you! Now Shiny we should probably water those berries."
"Alright," Shiny went outside and watered the berries. "I wonder how this thing got water in it considering it didn't make everything in my bag wet." All the water in the Sprayduck evaporated. "Fine I will not question your logic further." The trio went back inside the shop. Inside a woman gave Shiny a Chesto berry.

The trio exited the Berry shop and began wandering around Floaroma town. Shiny entered a house and watched some TV, "It's a downpour right now on route 112. It's the best time to shout a loved one's name into the sky. Forget about an umbrella, think of the dramatic possibilities." Shiny smiled at the best TV program we watched yet. 8.0/10 just the right amount of water. A girl have Shiny the TM for Pluck.

After doing practically everything they could do in town the trio headed to route 205. Shiny picked a Pecha and Chesto berry. A girl came running to Shiny, "Help, help, Trainer!"
"What is it? Are you okay?"
"Please can you get my papa for me?" the girl continued, "He works at the Valley Windworks."
"You know where your dad is, why can't you just go to him yourself?" Asked Shiny.
"I tried, but the people dressed like spacemen are mean, and won't let me in..." The girl said.
"Don't worry little girl, we'll show those grunts a thing or two."
"Yeah! We'll make sure your dad is safe!"

The trio headed east. Shiny picked up a potion. Wish beat a normal Pachirisu before facing the grunt at the front gate.
Grunt:"Don't you dare go into the Valley Windworks."
Shiny:"Why not spaceman?"
Grunt:"We are not spacemen. I was ordered to keep all who were not team galactic out. Who are you anyway."
Shiny:"I'm Shiny, this is Wish and that is Buguitar. Still I will not stand to let Galactic be the superior team. For that little girl and Team Skull I challenge you to a battle."
Grunt:"Team Skull? Wasn't that a boy band?"
Shiny:"No it's not. Let's go Buguitar."
Buguitar nodded her head and prepared herself for battle.
Grunt:"So you want to get in, do you? You'll have to battle me for it! Glameow go!"
"The wide expanse of space." Buguitar sung. Glameow was 2HKOed.
Grunt:"Like the boss really expected me to win with a pokemon like this... Isn't that just great. Getting owned by some kid. But you can't do a thing if I lock myself in with my Works key!"
Shiny:"Are you serious? We just beat you and Buguitar and Wish are still very capable of fighting."
"Do you think, you can just, weasel out like that? I will fight you, well if your okay with that Wish."
"Buguitar we shouldn't fight humans, we should just keep the battle to friendly spars. Could you please let us in?"
Grunt:"The other one isn't here. My cohorts in the flower patch have the only other one! Hahaha! In a sense I'm no longer the loser."
Shiny:"So first they threaten criminal action for something they could look up online, and now they set out a guard when just locking the door would be more effective as we would have no idea where the key is, now dumb can Galactic get."
"Well at least he told us where the other key is."
Shiny:"After hiding like a coward after saying stuff all of which made him a bigger loser. Come on Wish and Buguitar, let's get the other key."

The trio went to the flower patch. Two grunts were harassing a man.
Grunt 1:"Enough arguing! Hand over that sweet Honey!"
Grunt 2:"Do as we say! Team Galactic will have that Honey! We must have it to attract Pokemon in great numbers!"
Buguitar jumped between the man and the grunts. Fear kicked in as she realized what she just did. Then she remembered the strength of the grunts so far.
"Yeah! Leave that man alone. We won't stand as you steal his honey!"
Grunt 1:"Hey! This kid is a witness! What'll we do?"
Shiny:"I'm not sure if it matters seeing as the previous grunts made team Galactic look obviously evil. I'm not sure how you can make it worse."
Grunt 2:"We don't need the brat running off to get help..."
"We don't need to get help. The three of us together can protect others from you!"
Grunt 2:"The solution's simple! We ensure the brat stays quiet."
Shiny:"Does team Galactic have a chronic problem of threatening to hurt kids that can handle themselves or something?"
"If you want to hurt Shiny, you have to get through us first!"
They sent out a Wurmple. "We are lucky enough" Wurmple was 2HKOed.
Wish with some turns wasted three-shot Silcoon.
Grunt1:"This is why I'll be stuck as a grunt forever... This is so lame... They're going to dock my pay after doing so little to you!"
Grunt 2:"I'm up next! Hehehe... Battling you right after my cohort weakened you give me the edge!"
Grunt1:"You do realize I didn't even do any damage to one of their pokemon, and the other is still in the green. Right?"
It was a zubat. A pokemon Buguitar always struggled to beat. "to share this lifetime we get." Buguitar went to rock smash Zubat, but it did little.
"Don't worry Buguitar I can handle this!" Wish's pound did much more damage. Wish went to half health left due to wasting so many turns. When Zubat was in the red Buguitar switch back in and defeated Zubat. Wish leveled up!
Grunt2:"If only I had some descent pokemon..."
Grunt1:"This brat's tough! Like, really, really, tough! Tougher than I can put into words, and I know a lot of words."
Shiny:"Wait tougher than the champion. You know that word, right?"
Grunt1:"We're done for here... Let's get back to the Valley Windworks."
Man:"What's that thing? They seem to have forgotten it..."
Shiny:"I think it's the windworks key."
Man:"It is! It's of no use to me. You may as well have it." The man handed Shiny the key.
"Yay! Now we can save that girl's dad! Let's go!"
Man:"Thank you! You surely saved me. Those goons were trying to rob me of my, sweet, sweet, Honey. They sure were, though. You saw how they were dressed."
Shiny:"Yeah, did they get those outfits from a costume shop or something? Were they under the astronauts section?"
Man:"What they were saying didn't make a whole lot of sense either."
Shiny:"Well the are obviously evil, so they wanted a lot of pokemon, for evil."
"Yeah, I really think they could use some therapy. Don't they know threatening, stealing and taking hostages is wrong?"
Man:"Oh! I need to thank you! Will you take this as my thanks?" The man gave Shiny some honey. "If you slather that honey on a sweet-smelling tree, it might attract pokemon.
Shiny:"Wait for rescuing you, you gave me the item that those grunts were trying to take from you? Um, thanks?" Not understanding the man's logic Shiny took the honey and slathered it on a nearby tree.

The berries Shiny had planted earlier were ready for harvest, she picked them then planted some more berries before heading back to the Valley Windworks.
"Let me in!" A Drifloon was banging a stick against the door to the Valley Windworks.
"Hello do you need help?"
"Yes. This door is locked. Do you believe that? I left to find a good stick to fight the last guard with, seeing as I ran out of PP for my one good move, and when I came back, IT WAS LOCKED!"
"Couldn't you have just gotten one from the tree over there?" Shiny pointed to a nearby honey tree.
"None of the sticks in that tree were good enough. I was looking for the best stick," She hit the door again. The Drifloon's stick snapped in half, "And obviously this stick was only subpar."
"Is there even a difference, between sticks?"
"Of course there is! A good stick is the only difference between using cut and slash, and I dread to think I was using cut by accident."
"The difference in base power could hurt."
"Oh, it's not the base power I care about. It's that cut isn't a G.H.O.S.T move. I only work with G.H.O.S.T moves."
"But slash isn't a ghost type move either."
"What idiot would know mono ghost type moves? It leaves them completely open to normal types. I settled for moves that start with the letters G.H.O.S.T instead."
"Shiny, please open the door now."
"Why do you do that?"
"Because obviously the only way to be the fairest ghost type of them all is to only use ghost related moves."
"Ooo, that's very interesting. What's your name?"
"My name is Hot Air. Though I insist that you call me mistress Air.
"Okay so we're heading inside." Shiny unlocked the door. "Want to come?"
"Yes. These astronauts have another thing coming if they think they can over take my home."

Everyone went inside. "What?! No way! You have the key?" a grunt asked.
Shiny:"Yep, thanks for telling me where it was!"
Grunt:"Locking the door was meaningless! I am the loser in this after all!"
"Well, actually, we got exp from your friends. So we're um, stronger now."
Grunt:"No! This is no time for self-pity! I've got to alert the Commander!" He ran away.

Everyone went deeper inside. "I ain't fooling around, kid. This is how a professional does it!" the grunt sent out a very threatening level 11 Cascoon. "We can gain more if we give." Buguitar finished the battle with only a tiny scratch."
Shiny:"Not evolving your pokemon all the way even though you can and losing. Got it. But I don't think I want to be "professional" like you."
They continued onward. Another grunt challenged Shiny to a battle. "By taking, we only lose." Buguitar beat the Wurmple with more health than she started with. Wish easily beat Glameow.

Mars:"I'm one of team Galactic's three Commanders."
"You think you can just barge into my home? You've got another thing coming! This kid and her pokemon are going to take you down!"
Mars:"Are you not her pokemon too?"
"Well, no."
Mars:"Relying on a trainer that is not your own, how pathetic. We've been trying to create a new world that's better than this one..."
Shiny:"Then why have your team been so obviously evil so far?"
"Sure there may be many problems in the world right now. But everyone can come together to fix them! Together, everyone can make the world a better place!"
"Yeah!" Buguitar smiled.
Mars:"But people have shown little understanding about what we do."
Shiny:"Well then. I guess I'll look team Galactic up on the internet." Shiny hopped onto a nearby computer despite the grunt's protest, "Let's see here... Your leader is Cyrus, he plans on using a legendary by taking the gems of the lake guardians to create the red chain, and he wants to wipe out all existence but himself to make himself a god in a world without spirit. Okay why do all you people even support him in the first place?"
Mars:"Wait what!? That webpage is filled with lies! You and the internet don't understand either, don't you? It's a little saddening..."
"Seems accurate to me."
"And me."
"We should at least give team Galactic a chance to explain themselves."
Mars:"So let's have a battle to decide what we should do next."
Shiny:"I'm listening."
Mars:"If I win, you leave. If you win, we, Team Galactic will leave!"
Shiny:"Sounds fair."
Mars sent out a Zubat. Buguitar's old struggle. Shiny wasted a turn. Jaws clenched themselves around Buguitar's scythe as the Zubat used bite.
"Don't worry Buguitar, I've got you covered!" Wish took Buguitar's place. Zubat shrugged and switched the pokemon she was attacking. Energy was sucked from Wish twice. He closed his eyes and started chanting something. Both pokemon bit each other in an attempt to suck each other's energy. Despite doing minuscule damage Wish fully healed due to wish. After biting Wish Zubat started to pick up on his kind aura. Floating leaves barley left a dent on Zubat, a purple orb was launched at Wish leaving him soaked in worsening poison.
"Wish, please just use pound already," Shiny said, wishing Wish would use the move she had been telling him to use the entire battle.
"On, arrg!" Zubat drained more of Wish's energy. While Zubat was distracted a stub pounded her, she was still in the green zone.
"Okay Wish on second thought maybe you should come back," Shiny said, "Buguitar your up!"
Buguitar nervously stepped forward. Even Wish was having trouble with Zubat now. What chance did she stand, she got an idea. Buguitar began to gather her rage, leech life, leech life, strike! Buguitar's scythe was soaked in worsening poison. So much for bide... "Let us make this a new age" But the Zubat ignored it and used bite. Shiny used an antidote on Buguitar while her energy was drained. A scythe smashed into the bat hardly doing anything while being bitten in return. "where we show our gratitude." Buguitar sung, but this only distracted her enough to get hit by a critical bite. Shiny used a potion on Buguitar. Zubat tried again for another crit. Zubat was preparing more poison but a smashing hit to the side made her lose focus sending her into the red. Both pokemon bit the other. Buguitar hit Zubat off of her, causing it to faint.
"Okay Shiny I'll withstand attacks while you heal Buguitar." Buguitar winced as she saw Wish knowing his usefulness in battle. Wish was up against a Purugly. Shiny began by giving a potion to Buguitar. Wish endured a scratch. "Buguitar?"
"Yes Wish?" She was crying.
"I believe in you." Wish was finished off.
Buguitar began by smashing her scythe into Purugly at full critical force. Two sets of claws swiped Buguitar's underbelly. Fangs sucked energy out of Purugly. Both pokemon swung at each other. Purugly fell to the ground, fainted. Buguitar felt more powerful and leveled up. She was breathing heavily at 13 health left.
Mars:"This can't be. I lost? You uppity brat. Oops! I messed that one up!"
Shiny:"A win's a win. Time to pack out and declare team skull superior."
Mars:"I don't remember that being part of the deal if I lost."
Shiny:"Oh, that's right."
"Ha! Take that! That's what you get for threatening my home."
Mars:"That's all right, though. I quite enjoyed our battle."
"You sadist. How could you enjoy Wish fainting."
Shiny:"Buguitar Wish fainting isn't the end of the world. We'll go to the pokemon center and he'll be alright. Still that was quite an intense battle."
Mars:"I guess it's time to say good-bye and leave for the time being!" Team Galactic left.
Shiny:"Maybe they aren't all so bad. Maybe they could use some therapy, like Wish said."
"Have you been living under a rock? Obviously evil, remember?"
Shiny:"Don't worry Hot Air, I remember."
"It's mistress Air to you."
Shiny:"Oh sorry your majesty, do you want me to get some fries with that shake?"
Researcher:"Team Galactic... They were saying they had to gather pokemon and energy no matter what. It was for creating a new universe, or so they claimed."
Shiny:"Well the internet said they were going to try to swipe out all existence with it and the internet never lies it must be true."
"Those sickos."
Researcher:"Nothing they said made any sort of sense to me."
Shiny:"How hard is it to understand. They want to create a new universe. They are stealing stuff to make it happen. They are hurting others because they are obviously evil. A quick internet search could literally tell you their entire plan."
Researcher:"I can't tell you how grateful I am for saving me."
Shiny:"Not much of a problem! I think your daughter was worried about you. Your her dad, right?"
Researcher:"I can finally see her again!"
Little girl:"Papa! Yuck! Papa, you're stinky! Go shower now, stinky!"
Researcher:"Oh, sorry! Ahaha! That's me working nonstop!"
Little girl:"Thank you, trainer! You made those bad people go away! I think the balloon pokemon will come visiting again!"
"I'm am not a balloon pokemon. I am the to-be fairest ghost type pokemon in the lands, mistress Air. Secondly I go off to Eterna forest for one hour to train then-"
Shiny:"We'll be right back, I just have to heal Wish and Buguitar real quick." The trio left.
"Don't leave while I'm still talking to, they're gone."

The trio came back.
"Did you seriously walk away while I was still talking to you."
Shiny:"Yep. I had to heal Wish and Buguitar."
"And don't worry, I am all okay now!"
"Still I suppose I should thank you for getting rid of team Galactic. So thank you."
"Your welcome!"
"So what will you be doing next?"
Shiny:"Oh we're going to Eterna city to challenge the second gym."
"Challenging the gym? As in going around and challenging all of the gyms, like, say Fantina's gym."
Shiny:"When we come across it, yes."
"I know how to repay you. I'll join your team. But first, show me your strength."
"Yay! A new friend. I'm Wish, and that's Shiny, and that's Buguitar, and I'll go up against you." Hot Air began to focus her energy. Leaves in different colored auras hit her doing a tiny amount of damage.
"I think I got this." Buguitar stepped in. Hot Air used Payback scoring a crit and sending Buguitar to 22 health. "Wait payback doesn't start with any of the letters in G.H.O.S.T."
"Well all of my G.H.O.S.T moves are mostly out of PP, so unfortunately to battle you I have to resort to using moves outside of that. But don't think I'll do it for anyone else ever again." Hot Air boosted her defenses.
"There's a fragile bud of hope," the sweetly sung words lulled Hot Air to sleep. Fangs sunk into Hot Air but it barley did any damage. "Um... I don't think I can do anything useful to lower her health." It was Zubat all over again.
"Then I got this!" Wish took Buguitar's place. Hot Air used another payback, reducing Wish to 21 health. A gust of Air slammed Wish into a wall causing him to faint.
"Is that all you got? Maybe I'll be better off staying here."
"I swear we are stronger than you!" Hot Air focused more. "blooming in each of our hearts."
"I'm not falling for that song twice." She stayed awake while boosting her defense. Buguitar desperately bit Hot Air again. "Don't you take that away." Hot Air yawned, "Like, I'll... zzz" Shiny threw a dusk ball. With it being successful she immediately rushed to the pokemon center afterwards to heal everyone.

Shinys encountered:27
Shinys caught:13
Hot Air, lv 22, Naughty nature, Strongly willed. Gust, Stockpile, Paypack, Focus Energy

"Uh, what? Wait! How did you beat me! I was going to beat Buguitar in my next attack, and now I'm here."
Shiny:"Well I threw a dusk ball at you after Buguitar put you to sleep."
"A dusk ball? That will clash horribly with my color scheme."
"Well if you think about it, it contrasts your brightness pretty well." Wish closed his eyes and gave a smile.
"Well when you think about it that way..."
"Don't you ever hurt Wish again." Buguitar put her scythe up to Hot Air's head.
"And to think the four of us are going to be great friends! That makes me so happy!" Buguitar quickly put her scythe behind her back before Wish opened his eyes. "Still it's getting pretty late and we should go to bed."

Shiny and Wish went to bed. Buguitar and Hot Air however laid awake, giving each other a death glare. This went on for a while until a whisper broke the silence.
"Just because you joined the team doesn't mean I have to like you."
"Same here Buggo. The only reason I'm on the team right now is because you and Shiny decided to sneakily capture me in my sleep. I would have completely owned you if that dusk ball didn't work. And now I'll waste my time with a bunch of weaklings that can't match up to my strength. What a waste of my talent really. I would be better off alone."
"Buggo is the least insulting insult I've been called. Still I didn't know you could level up 16 levels in a matter of days."
"Days? Doesn't it take months to go up a level?"
"Not in this team. I was just a level 4 Kricketot when I joined this team, and look at me now. Given another week I bet we both could have beaten you without any help."
"So I'll get stronger for faster here, hmm... Still you seem awfully over protective of Wish." Hot Air turned toward him, "It would be a shame if I were to gust him."
"Don't you dare."
"As if I would really do it to him. He's been the only one so far who hasn't been sneaky or underhanded to me so far. You on the other hand... Maybe I would consider."
"You better not. Still I don't care that your on my team now or not. If you ever hurt Wish again I will tear you limb from limb."
"Pasionet for him, are you not? You stop threatening me in front of him, being over protective of him. Gosh if you like him so much why don't you marry him? Heh heh heh."
"Wait, do you really think I could marry him?"
"Good Arceus I was joking. Still, I like your strong spirit.
"Thanks?"
"Heh, your confusion amuses me. Anyway I'll go to bed now and hope I don't wake up with you haven stranded me in a raft out at sea or something like that. Night."
Buguitar would never do something like that. Instead she would do something like rearrange the items in a room or sing badly in the middle of the night. But she couldn't do that now, Wish was here. If she did those things would he still like her, would he still believe in her? Buguitar didn't want to upset Wish, he was the only pokemon who ever believed she could do something great, and one of the few pokemon who had been nice to her. Since joining the team she had evolved and learned sing. Back home she wanted to become more powerful and skilled, but with Wish, he made her want to be a better person.

My team is so over leveled right now. All of the grunts have like level 9 or 11 guys. Mars had a level 16 Purugly while Buguitar was level 19. Mars has been the hardest trainer I faced since Roark, mostly due to her Zubat. I started planting berries and I want to try to get as many as I can before Petra joins my team, mostly so Natural gift can actually do something. Still Hot Air joined the team giving me 3 pokemon, and I was only 1 chapter off in guessing when she will join. This is great. I'll be able to get Dirachi before the 2nd gym, so that will also be great.
Poke $: 6919
Time: 33:45
Pokedex: 27
Hot Air the Drifloon -level 22
Gust
Stockpile
Paypack Unusable
Focus Energy Unusable
77, 29, 23, 35, 27, 41
Despite not using her at all this chapter I put her as my MVP because of how hard battling her was. She would have been able to 2HKO both of my pokemon. She had to be the hardest fight since Roark, maybe even harder, the only reason I didn't have to reset for another shiny Drifloon was because sing followed by a dusk ball caught her, and she was nice enough not to kill Buguitar before she could sing. Still it's sad that Hot Air would have been harder to fight, a single wild pokemon, than Mars.
Still I wasted an entire day setting the clock incorrectly for Drifloon to appear.. This is the first time in a main series game I cried. Good job game freak you finally got me to cry like how the PMD games have been doing, but for all of the wrong reasons. But then I found out about an exploit of setting the DS clock and everything was great again.

Buguitar the Kricketune - level 20
Sing
Bide
Rock Smash
Leech life
63, 45, 30, 28, 27, 33
15/38 lines sung
Buguitar is practically doing all of the hard work in this part of scramble. She can hit reliably and can easily take most things that aren't a Zubat down.

Wish the Cleffa - level 19
Pound
Magical leaf
Wish
Copycat
49, 18, 20, 23, 28, 17
You know the Mars fight? I was selecting pound the entire time, that's how bad disobedience is. It took until turn nine to use pound once. Nine turns for one pound. To be honest the only thing I can reliably use Wish for is heal fodder for Buguitar, in which both I and Buguitar find sad. The only fights he participates in anymore is if a trainer has a second pokemon in which Wish switches in due to Humility. I think Wish's power is starting to go down, but I can't really tell as disobedience is clouding everything else about Wish. I can't get the second badge soon enough. Still even then I have to worry about Wish growing over level 30 where disobedience will kick in again until after I get the 4th badge. But after that disobedience shouldn't pop up again.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Ullar you know you are allowed to evolve Mixer, right? I didn't say anything about Mixer's evolution in the challenge because I didn't want to give you any restrictions on when or what to evolve Mixer into.

Also I have written an update for my own scramble. Original post.
It was morning. The trio headed out of the pokemon center. "Huh, what's this." Shiny picked up a red berry. "It looks like a Cheri berry." Shiny walked over to the next tree, "And this looks like an Oran berry."
"Shiny? we shouldn't steal."
"But Wish nothing else we took off the ground was 'stolen'," Shiny replied, "Besides what's the worst that can happen?" Both trees Shiny picked berries from disintegrated "Whoa, did it just... Alright, alright, I'll put them back," Shiny planted both of the berries.
"Shiny? we just vandalized property! Do you know how serious this is?"
"Um, um." Shiny looked around. She saw the sign for the building read, Free Berries Available, "Wait, those were the free berries."
"That was close. For a second I thought we committed vandalism."
The trio went inside. A girl handed Shiny a Sprayduck watering can, "Now remember to water berries!"
"Thank you! Now Shiny we should probably water those berries."
"Alright," Shiny went outside and watered the berries. "I wonder how this thing got water in it considering it didn't make everything in my bag wet." All the water in the Sprayduck evaporated. "Fine I will not question your logic further." The trio went back inside the shop. Inside a woman gave Shiny a Chesto berry.

The trio exited the Berry shop and began wandering around Floaroma town. Shiny entered a house and watched some TV, "It's a downpour right now on route 112. It's the best time to shout a loved one's name into the sky. Forget about an umbrella, think of the dramatic possibilities." Shiny smiled at the best TV program we watched yet. 8.0/10 just the right amount of water. A girl have Shiny the TM for Pluck.

After doing practically everything they could do in town the trio headed to route 205. Shiny picked a Pecha and Chesto berry. A girl came running to Shiny, "Help, help, Trainer!"
"What is it? Are you okay?"
"Please can you get my papa for me?" the girl continued, "He works at the Valley Windworks."
"You know where your dad is, why can't you just go to him yourself?" Asked Shiny.
"I tried, but the people dressed like spacemen are mean, and won't let me in..." The girl said.
"Don't worry little girl, we'll show those grunts a thing or two."
"Yeah! We'll make sure your dad is safe!"

The trio headed east. Shiny picked up a potion. Wish beat a normal Pachirisu before facing the grunt at the front gate.
Grunt:"Don't you dare go into the Valley Windworks."
Shiny:"Why not spaceman?"
Grunt:"We are not spacemen. I was ordered to keep all who were not team galactic out. Who are you anyway."
Shiny:"I'm Shiny, this is Wish and that is Buguitar. Still I will not stand to let Galactic be the superior team. For that little girl and Team Skull I challenge you to a battle."
Grunt:"Team Skull? Wasn't that a boy band?"
Shiny:"No it's not. Let's go Buguitar."
Buguitar nodded her head and prepared herself for battle.
Grunt:"So you want to get in, do you? You'll have to battle me for it! Glameow go!"
"The wide expanse of space." Buguitar sung. Glameow was 2HKOed.
Grunt:"Like the boss really expected me to win with a pokemon like this... Isn't that just great. Getting owned by some kid. But you can't do a thing if I lock myself in with my Works key!"
Shiny:"Are you serious? We just beat you and Buguitar and Wish are still very capable of fighting."
"Do you think, you can just, weasel out like that? I will fight you, well if your okay with that Wish."
"Buguitar we shouldn't fight humans, we should just keep the battle to friendly spars. Could you please let us in?"
Grunt:"The other one isn't here. My cohorts in the flower patch have the only other one! Hahaha! In a sense I'm no longer the loser."
Shiny:"So first they threaten criminal action for something they could look up online, and now they set out a guard when just locking the door would be more effective as we would have no idea where the key is, now dumb can Galactic get."
"Well at least he told us where the other key is."
Shiny:"After hiding like a coward after saying stuff all of which made him a bigger loser. Come on Wish and Buguitar, let's get the other key."

The trio went to the flower patch. Two grunts were harassing a man.
Grunt 1:"Enough arguing! Hand over that sweet Honey!"
Grunt 2:"Do as we say! Team Galactic will have that Honey! We must have it to attract Pokemon in great numbers!"
Buguitar jumped between the man and the grunts. Fear kicked in as she realized what she just did. Then she remembered the strength of the grunts so far.
"Yeah! Leave that man alone. We won't stand as you steal his honey!"
Grunt 1:"Hey! This kid is a witness! What'll we do?"
Shiny:"I'm not sure if it matters seeing as the previous grunts made team Galactic look obviously evil. I'm not sure how you can make it worse."
Grunt 2:"We don't need the brat running off to get help..."
"We don't need to get help. The three of us together can protect others from you!"
Grunt 2:"The solution's simple! We ensure the brat stays quiet."
Shiny:"Does team Galactic have a chronic problem of threatening to hurt kids that can handle themselves or something?"
"If you want to hurt Shiny, you have to get through us first!"
They sent out a Wurmple. "We are lucky enough" Wurmple was 2HKOed.
Wish with some turns wasted three-shot Silcoon.
Grunt1:"This is why I'll be stuck as a grunt forever... This is so lame... They're going to dock my pay after doing so little to you!"
Grunt 2:"I'm up next! Hehehe... Battling you right after my cohort weakened you give me the edge!"
Grunt1:"You do realize I didn't even do any damage to one of their pokemon, and the other is still in the green. Right?"
It was a zubat. A pokemon Buguitar always struggled to beat. "to share this lifetime we get." Buguitar went to rock smash Zubat, but it did little.
"Don't worry Buguitar I can handle this!" Wish's pound did much more damage. Wish went to half health left due to wasting so many turns. When Zubat was in the red Buguitar switch back in and defeated Zubat. Wish leveled up!
Grunt2:"If only I had some descent pokemon..."
Grunt1:"This brat's tough! Like, really, really, tough! Tougher than I can put into words, and I know a lot of words."
Shiny:"Wait tougher than the champion. You know that word, right?"
Grunt1:"We're done for here... Let's get back to the Valley Windworks."
Man:"What's that thing? They seem to have forgotten it..."
Shiny:"I think it's the windworks key."
Man:"It is! It's of no use to me. You may as well have it." The man handed Shiny the key.
"Yay! Now we can save that girl's dad! Let's go!"
Man:"Thank you! You surely saved me. Those goons were trying to rob me of my, sweet, sweet, Honey. They sure were, though. You saw how they were dressed."
Shiny:"Yeah, did they get those outfits from a costume shop or something? Were they under the astronauts section?"
Man:"What they were saying didn't make a whole lot of sense either."
Shiny:"Well the are obviously evil, so they wanted a lot of pokemon, for evil."
"Yeah, I really think they could use some therapy. Don't they know threatening, stealing and taking hostages is wrong?"
Man:"Oh! I need to thank you! Will you take this as my thanks?" The man gave Shiny some honey. "If you slather that honey on a sweet-smelling tree, it might attract pokemon.
Shiny:"Wait for rescuing you, you gave me the item that those grunts were trying to take from you? Um, thanks?" Not understanding the man's logic Shiny took the honey and slathered it on a nearby tree.

The berries Shiny had planted earlier were ready for harvest, she picked them then planted some more berries before heading back to the Valley Windworks.
"Let me in!" A Drifloon was banging a stick against the door to the Valley Windworks.
"Hello do you need help?"
"Yes. This door is locked. Do you believe that? I left to find a good stick to fight the last guard with, seeing as I ran out of PP for my one good move, and when I came back, IT WAS LOCKED!"
"Couldn't you have just gotten one from the tree over there?" Shiny pointed to a nearby honey tree.
"None of the sticks in that tree were good enough. I was looking for the best stick," She hit the door again. The Drifloon's stick snapped in half, "And obviously this stick was only subpar."
"Is there even a difference, between sticks?"
"Of course there is! A good stick is the only difference between using cut and slash, and I dread to think I was using cut by accident."
"The difference in base power could hurt."
"Oh, it's not the base power I care about. It's that cut isn't a G.H.O.S.T move. I only work with G.H.O.S.T moves."
"But slash isn't a ghost type move either."
"What idiot would know mono ghost type moves? It leaves them completely open to normal types. I settled for moves that start with the letters G.H.O.S.T instead."
"Shiny, please open the door now."
"Why do you do that?"
"Because obviously the only way to be the fairest ghost type of them all is to only use ghost related moves."
"Ooo, that's very interesting. What's your name?"
"My name is Hot Air. Though I insist that you call me mistress Air.
"Okay so we're heading inside." Shiny unlocked the door. "Want to come?"
"Yes. These astronauts have another thing coming if they think they can over take my home."

Everyone went inside. "What?! No way! You have the key?" a grunt asked.
Shiny:"Yep, thanks for telling me where it was!"
Grunt:"Locking the door was meaningless! I am the loser in this after all!"
"Well, actually, we got exp from your friends. So we're um, stronger now."
Grunt:"No! This is no time for self-pity! I've got to alert the Commander!" He ran away.

Everyone went deeper inside. "I ain't fooling around, kid. This is how a professional does it!" the grunt sent out a very threatening level 11 Cascoon. "We can gain more if we give." Buguitar finished the battle with only a tiny scratch."
Shiny:"Not evolving your pokemon all the way even though you can and losing. Got it. But I don't think I want to be "professional" like you."
They continued onward. Another grunt challenged Shiny to a battle. "By taking, we only lose." Buguitar beat the Wurmple with more health than she started with. Wish easily beat Glameow.

Mars:"I'm one of team Galactic's three Commanders."
"You think you can just barge into my home? You've got another thing coming! This kid and her pokemon are going to take you down!"
Mars:"Are you not her pokemon too?"
"Well, no."
Mars:"Relying on a trainer that is not your own, how pathetic. We've been trying to create a new world that's better than this one..."
Shiny:"Then why have your team been so obviously evil so far?"
"Sure there may be many problems in the world right now. But everyone can come together to fix them! Together, everyone can make the world a better place!"
"Yeah!" Buguitar smiled.
Mars:"But people have shown little understanding about what we do."
Shiny:"Well then. I guess I'll look team Galactic up on the internet." Shiny hopped onto a nearby computer despite the grunt's protest, "Let's see here... Your leader is Cyrus, he plans on using a legendary by taking the gems of the lake guardians to create the red chain, and he wants to wipe out all existence but himself to make himself a god in a world without spirit. Okay why do all you people even support him in the first place?"
Mars:"Wait what!? That webpage is filled with lies! You and the internet don't understand either, don't you? It's a little saddening..."
"Seems accurate to me."
"And me."
"We should at least give team Galactic a chance to explain themselves."
Mars:"So let's have a battle to decide what we should do next."
Shiny:"I'm listening."
Mars:"If I win, you leave. If you win, we, Team Galactic will leave!"
Shiny:"Sounds fair."
Mars sent out a Zubat. Buguitar's old struggle. Shiny wasted a turn. Jaws clenched themselves around Buguitar's scythe as the Zubat used bite.
"Don't worry Buguitar, I've got you covered!" Wish took Buguitar's place. Zubat shrugged and switched the pokemon she was attacking. Energy was sucked from Wish twice. He closed his eyes and started chanting something. Both pokemon bit each other in an attempt to suck each other's energy. Despite doing minuscule damage Wish fully healed due to wish. After biting Wish Zubat started to pick up on his kind aura. Floating leaves barley left a dent on Zubat, a purple orb was launched at Wish leaving him soaked in worsening poison.
"Wish, please just use pound already," Shiny said, wishing Wish would use the move she had been telling him to use the entire battle.
"On, arrg!" Zubat drained more of Wish's energy. While Zubat was distracted a stub pounded her, she was still in the green zone.
"Okay Wish on second thought maybe you should come back," Shiny said, "Buguitar your up!"
Buguitar nervously stepped forward. Even Wish was having trouble with Zubat now. What chance did she stand, she got an idea. Buguitar began to gather her rage, leech life, leech life, strike! Buguitar's scythe was soaked in worsening poison. So much for bide... "Let us make this a new age" But the Zubat ignored it and used bite. Shiny used an antidote on Buguitar while her energy was drained. A scythe smashed into the bat hardly doing anything while being bitten in return. "where we show our gratitude." Buguitar sung, but this only distracted her enough to get hit by a critical bite. Shiny used a potion on Buguitar. Zubat tried again for another crit. Zubat was preparing more poison but a smashing hit to the side made her lose focus sending her into the red. Both pokemon bit the other. Buguitar hit Zubat off of her, causing it to faint.
"Okay Shiny I'll withstand attacks while you heal Buguitar." Buguitar winced as she saw Wish knowing his usefulness in battle. Wish was up against a Purugly. Shiny began by giving a potion to Buguitar. Wish endured a scratch. "Buguitar?"
"Yes Wish?" She was crying.
"I believe in you." Wish was finished off.
Buguitar began by smashing her scythe into Purugly at full critical force. Two sets of claws swiped Buguitar's underbelly. Fangs sucked energy out of Purugly. Both pokemon swung at each other. Purugly fell to the ground, fainted. Buguitar felt more powerful and leveled up. She was breathing heavily at 13 health left.
Mars:"This can't be. I lost? You uppity brat. Oops! I messed that one up!"
Shiny:"A win's a win. Time to pack out and declare team skull superior."
Mars:"I don't remember that being part of the deal if I lost."
Shiny:"Oh, that's right."
"Ha! Take that! That's what you get for threatening my home."
Mars:"That's all right, though. I quite enjoyed our battle."
"You sadist. How could you enjoy Wish fainting."
Shiny:"Buguitar Wish fainting isn't the end of the world. We'll go to the pokemon center and he'll be alright. Still that was quite an intense battle."
Mars:"I guess it's time to say good-bye and leave for the time being!" Team Galactic left.
Shiny:"Maybe they aren't all so bad. Maybe they could use some therapy, like Wish said."
"Have you been living under a rock? Obviously evil, remember?"
Shiny:"Don't worry Hot Air, I remember."
"It's mistress Air to you."
Shiny:"Oh sorry your majesty, do you want me to get some fries with that shake?"
Researcher:"Team Galactic... They were saying they had to gather pokemon and energy no matter what. It was for creating a new universe, or so they claimed."
Shiny:"Well the internet said they were going to try to swipe out all existence with it and the internet never lies it must be true."
"Those sickos."
Researcher:"Nothing they said made any sort of sense to me."
Shiny:"How hard is it to understand. They want to create a new universe. They are stealing stuff to make it happen. They are hurting others because they are obviously evil. A quick internet search could literally tell you their entire plan."
Researcher:"I can't tell you how grateful I am for saving me."
Shiny:"Not much of a problem! I think your daughter was worried about you. Your her dad, right?"
Researcher:"I can finally see her again!"
Little girl:"Papa! Yuck! Papa, you're stinky! Go shower now, stinky!"
Researcher:"Oh, sorry! Ahaha! That's me working nonstop!"
Little girl:"Thank you, trainer! You made those bad people go away! I think the balloon pokemon will come visiting again!"
"I'm am not a balloon pokemon. I am the to-be fairest ghost type pokemon in the lands, mistress Air. Secondly I go off to Eterna forest for one hour to train then-"
Shiny:"We'll be right back, I just have to heal Wish and Buguitar real quick." The trio left.
"Don't leave while I'm still talking to, they're gone."

The trio came back.
"Did you seriously walk away while I was still talking to you."
Shiny:"Yep. I had to heal Wish and Buguitar."
"And don't worry, I am all okay now!"
"Still I suppose I should thank you for getting rid of team Galactic. So thank you."
"Your welcome!"
"So what will you be doing next?"
Shiny:"Oh we're going to Eterna city to challenge the second gym."
"Challenging the gym? As in going around and challenging all of the gyms, like, say Fantina's gym."
Shiny:"When we come across it, yes."
"I know how to repay you. I'll join your team. But first, show me your strength."
"Yay! A new friend. I'm Wish, and that's Shiny, and that's Buguitar, and I'll go up against you." Hot Air began to focus her energy. Leaves in different colored auras hit her doing a tiny amount of damage.
"I think I got this." Buguitar stepped in. Hot Air used Payback scoring a crit and sending Buguitar to 22 health. "Wait payback doesn't start with any of the letters in G.H.O.S.T."
"Well all of my G.H.O.S.T moves are mostly out of PP, so unfortunately to battle you I have to resort to using moves outside of that. But don't think I'll do it for anyone else ever again." Hot Air boosted her defenses.
"There's a fragile bud of hope," the sweetly sung words lulled Hot Air to sleep. Fangs sunk into Hot Air but it barley did any damage. "Um... I don't think I can do anything useful to lower her health." It was Zubat all over again.
"Then I got this!" Wish took Buguitar's place. Hot Air used another payback, reducing Wish to 21 health. A gust of Air slammed Wish into a wall causing him to faint.
"Is that all you got? Maybe I'll be better off staying here."
"I swear we are stronger than you!" Hot Air focused more. "blooming in each of our hearts."
"I'm not falling for that song twice." She stayed awake while boosting her defense. Buguitar desperately bit Hot Air again. "Don't you take that away." Hot Air yawned, "Like, I'll... zzz" Shiny threw a dusk ball. With it being successful she immediately rushed to the pokemon center afterwards to heal everyone.

Shinys encountered:27
Shinys caught:13
Hot Air, lv 22, Naughty nature, Strongly willed. Gust, Stockpile, Paypack, Focus Energy

"Uh, what? Wait! How did you beat me! I was going to beat Buguitar in my next attack, and now I'm here."
Shiny:"Well I threw a dusk ball at you after Buguitar put you to sleep."
"A dusk ball? That will clash horribly with my color scheme."
"Well if you think about it, it contrasts your brightness pretty well." Wish closed his eyes and gave a smile.
"Well when you think about it that way..."
"Don't you ever hurt Wish again." Buguitar put her scythe up to Hot Air's head.
"And to think the four of us are going to be great friends! That makes me so happy!" Buguitar quickly put her scythe behind her back before Wish opened his eyes. "Still it's getting pretty late and we should go to bed."

Shiny and Wish went to bed. Buguitar and Hot Air however laid awake, giving each other a death glare. This went on for a while until a whisper broke the silence.
"Just because you joined the team doesn't mean I have to like you."
"Same here Buggo. The only reason I'm on the team right now is because you and Shiny decided to sneakily capture me in my sleep. I would have completely owned you if that dusk ball didn't work. And now I'll waste my time with a bunch of weaklings that can't match up to my strength. What a waste of my talent really. I would be better off alone."
"Buggo is the least insulting insult I've been called. Still I didn't know you could level up 16 levels in a matter of days."
"Days? Doesn't it take months to go up a level?"
"Not in this team. I was just a level 4 Kricketot when I joined this team, and look at me now. Given another week I bet we both could have beaten you without any help."
"So I'll get stronger for faster here, hmm... Still you seem awfully over protective of Wish." Hot Air turned toward him, "It would be a shame if I were to gust him."
"Don't you dare."
"As if I would really do it to him. He's been the only one so far who hasn't been sneaky or underhanded to me so far. You on the other hand... Maybe I would consider."
"You better not. Still I don't care that your on my team now or not. If you ever hurt Wish again I will tear you limb from limb."
"Pasionet for him, are you not? You stop threatening me in front of him, being over protective of him. Gosh if you like him so much why don't you marry him? Heh heh heh."
"Wait, do you really think I could marry him?"
"Good Arceus I was joking. Still, I like your strong spirit.
"Thanks?"
"Heh, your confusion amuses me. Anyway I'll go to bed now and hope I don't wake up with you haven stranded me in a raft out at sea or something like that. Night."
Buguitar would never do something like that. Instead she would do something like rearrange the items in a room or sing badly in the middle of the night. But she couldn't do that now, Wish was here. If she did those things would he still like her, would he still believe in her? Buguitar didn't want to upset Wish, he was the only pokemon who ever believed she could do something great, and one of the few pokemon who had been nice to her. Since joining the team she had evolved and learned sing. Back home she wanted to become more powerful and skilled, but with Wish, he made her want to be a better person.

My team is so over leveled right now. All of the grunts have like level 9 or 11 guys. Mars had a level 16 Purugly while Buguitar was level 19. Mars has been the hardest trainer I faced since Roark, mostly due to her Zubat. I started planting berries and I want to try to get as many as I can before Petra joins my team, mostly so Natural gift can actually do something. Still Hot Air joined the team giving me 3 pokemon, and I was only 1 chapter off in guessing when she will join. This is great. I'll be able to get Dirachi before the 2nd gym, so that will also be great.
Poke $: 6919
Time: 33:45
Pokedex: 27
Hot Air the Drifloon -level 22
Gust
Stockpile
Paypack Unusable
Focus Energy Unusable
77, 29, 23, 35, 27, 41
Despite not using her at all this chapter I put her as my MVP because of how hard battling her was. She would have been able to 2HKO both of my pokemon. She had to be the hardest fight since Roark, maybe even harder, the only reason I didn't have to reset for another shiny Drifloon was because sing followed by a dusk ball caught her, and she was nice enough not to kill Buguitar before she could sing. Still it's sad that Hot Air would have been harder to fight, a single wild pokemon, than Mars.
Still I wasted an entire day setting the clock incorrectly for Drifloon to appear.. This is the first time in a main series game I cried. Good job game freak you finally got me to cry like how the PMD games have been doing, but for all of the wrong reasons. But then I found out about an exploit of setting the DS clock and everything was great again.

Buguitar the Kricketune - level 20
Sing
Bide
Rock Smash
Leech life
63, 45, 30, 28, 27, 33
15/38 lines sung
Buguitar is practically doing all of the hard work in this part of scramble. She can hit reliably and can easily take most things that aren't a Zubat down.

Wish the Cleffa - level 19
Pound
Magical leaf
Wish
Copycat
49, 18, 20, 23, 28, 17
You know the Mars fight? I was selecting pound the entire time, that's how bad disobedience is. It took until turn nine to use pound once. Nine turns for one pound. To be honest the only thing I can reliably use Wish for is heal fodder for Buguitar, in which both I and Buguitar find sad. The only fights he participates in anymore is if a trainer has a second pokemon in which Wish switches in due to Humility. I think Wish's power is starting to go down, but I can't really tell as disobedience is clouding everything else about Wish. I can't get the second badge soon enough. Still even then I have to worry about Wish growing over level 30 where disobedience will kick in again until after I get the 4th badge. But after that disobedience shouldn't pop up again.
PLEASE SPECIFY IN THE FUTURE OML

My First Ever Scramble Challenge - Pokemon Platinum
See here for Pokemon

And so the journey begins! I'm so... excited?

Game starts, Professor ramblings and stuff, name my (male) character "YB" (usually go with Yoshi or my real name, but might as well change it up) using the definitely new, unique, and innovative D S T O U C H S C R E E N (Wish I even knew what Pokemon was back then). Name my rival Bowler, named after my friend BowlerSSF2, who's one of the most successful Smash Flash 2 YouTubers, recently hitting 10k subs,and was kind of my rival when I played SSF2 competitively.

The early part is kinda pointless since I wasn't given a starter (honestly forgot to ask for one lol), just know that I picked Piplup, which gives me a good matchup there versus Bowler's ace, allowing Bananasaur, Pride, or Bellhop to destroy Torterra. Plus, it gets Defog and Cut. Oh, and before that, Professor Rowan stopped Bowler from being torn to shreds by very scary Bidoofs.

TERRIFYING

Kricketots I ran into before getting Poke Balls: 2

Alright, finally got some Poke Balls, time to begin my suffering...
I'm telling you right now, I don't expect much from Cricothoven util the 40s when it gets Perish Song, but hopefully me being inevitably overleveled as heck will be enough to carry me until I can get Bellhop. Well, not quite. I'm just hoping that on my way back to tell my mom about my adventuring, I don't run into any Kricketots so I might get a higher level one after the catching tutorial....

Yeah, literally the first PokemonI run into is a Kricketot, so there goes that. He is Level 3, though, so could've been worse. Anyways, I caught the little guy and now our journey really begins!

Cricthoven has a Gentle Nature, which isn't great considering the fact that with my slightly-modified-to-make-early-game-actually-doable-restriction, it has to click Bide a lot. Could've been worse, though.

And now, for Cricthoven's first battle! An epic duel with... a wild Level 3 Shinx.
Growl -> 2 Bides and 1 Potion used as the Shinx spams Tackle wins it for your hero... we're gonna have a great time, ladies and gents...

Oh, and in his 3rd battle, he already fainted to a Bidoof because I didn't want to waste Potions. Great.

Now for his first Trainer battle, he's just level 4 up against a level 5 Starly, but he'll be fine, right?
Well, a crit Quick Attack literally OHKOs, so as you can see, this went very well as it just took me, oh, idk, FIVE TRIES. This is literally the first trainer. Help me.

Hey look, this third trainer I'm facing has a Burmy! Yeah, I'm not looking forward to honey... Wait a minute, Burmy doesn't have any attacking moves at level 10. Hey, something I can actually beat with just Growl!... Is what I would say if this man wasn't a hacker and has Tackle already. Whatever, still only took 1 try. First route went well enough, getting Cricthoven up to Level 8 already with only the first 2 battles taking more than 2 tries, which is nice.

Enter Jubilife City, meet Looker, who's just delightful, and then we head into the Trainer School for some training and probably more resets.

Gave Bowler his stuff from his mom, he runs off, like always, and then we battle these two children and... Cricthoven actually more than holds his own, not fainting once. Impressive.

We start the Poketch promotional campaign thing, with the first clown telling me about growing through Exp. and evolution and stuff. With a Level 9 Kricketot, this is actually relevant information, so that's nice.

Now, we head left and face our biggest test so far: Bowler.
He leads with Starly, Cricthoven's destined rival, who, after spamming Growl for a little bit, is 3HKOed by Bide, so that goal was met easily. Turtwig's next, which just spams Withdraw for no good reason until he gets to +6. Then, entirely because he got a crit Tackle, Cricthoven is able to Bide twice to easily defeat Turtwig! That went extraordinarily well for a Kricketot and for my trouble...

"What?
Cricthoven is evolving!
Congratulations, Your Cricthoven evolved into Kricketune!
Cricthoven learned Fury Cutter!"

That's pretty exciting, might mean that I can use less Potions and also I can do damage now!.... To Soundproof mons, that is. Anyways, this is a good point to end part 1 at, now that we have taken down Bowler for the first time.
Caught:

Cricthoven (Kricketune) (M)
Ability: Swarm
Level: 10
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Bide (temporarily usable)
- Fury Cutter
Has actually surprised me so far. After those first two dreadful battles, Cricthoven has really held his own thanks to the mighty Bide. Not much else to say. Let's see if we can carry this into our first Gym badge.

If there's any objection to me using Bide, I can restart.

Not Caught:

*odd number ID: Yes
Alright, part 2, here we go.
I start off by going to left just to see what's there and I find an Z Accuracy. Interesting... I also got an Old Rod, as if that matters.

I explored as much of Jubilfe City as I could, coming aay with a Quick Claw (which will be nice for Bellhop or Bananasaur) and some information about evolution despite the fact that I already have an evolved Pokemon.

And now, as I head north for a couple seconds, I accidentally get in Cicthoven's first battle as a Kricketune! After a few turns, Cricthoven easily handled a Level 7 Shinx. I know I was 3 levels higher and it was a Shinx, but dang I can feel the difference in bulk.

And, I enter a dilemma.
You see, I ran into this trainer to the east that had a Kricketot.
Kricketot only has Growl and Bide.
I am only allowed to use Growl and Bide (Fury Cutter is reserved for Soundproof mons only)
You see the problem here?
And what's worse is that he has a second Pokemon, too.
So, basically, cue a huge PP stalling battle.
What's worse is that using an item that has no effect doesn't use up your turn in this gen.... thank goodness Pokeballs do, though. And so, after more 70 or so turns and being reminded to not be a thief a ton of times, the Kricketot finally starts Struggle itself to death, and I successfully beat something by only using Growl (and a bunch of blocked Pokeballs). Now we have problem #2: Supersonic Zubat. With Bide being a 3 turn move, it's basically impossible to use, so I basically had to PP Stall again. And after all of that, this trainer is finally gone. By the way, that was an OPTIONAL trainer. Sigh...

This wasn't the last time I had to PP Stall a trainer, too, as Kricketune is so bulky with Growl that I ran out versus a trainer with 4 Level 4 Pokemon. I ran out of PP against their 3rd Pokemon, Starly, and thank goodness that their last Pokemon was just an Abra.

For my trouble, I was able to get myself an X Defend, which was somewhat useful I suppose, and entry into Oreburgh Gate. A nice Hiker guy gives me HM06 Rock Smash, which I wish I could teach to Kricktune so much right now.

"Cricthoven learned Leech Life!"
;~;

With that, we enter Oreburgh City and even have access to Route 207. The latter is only relevant as I decided to catch a Geodude to show a guy in building (getting a Heal Ball..) and to teach Rock Smash.

After exploring Oreburgh City, which was admittedly uneventful, I headed into the mine to go get the Gym Leader and start my suffering. Upon entering, I got a Super Potion which is sooooooo great, as Potions are starting to not cut it anymore. After some battles, I ran into the Gym Leader, Roark, who shows me how to Smash rocks. Wish I could do that in battle, but hey, now we can actually battle the Gym Leader.

Ah, the gym, probably the hardest thing I'll have to do until Cynthia, probably. Even with Bide, Rock-types hit REALLY hard, even after a Growl or two.

The trainers went down easily enough, surprisingly, though Defense Curl was annoying for Bide. After this, I was at only Level 16, two away from Sing, which might bea problem, though honestly, I have faith in Growl + Bide.

And now, for Roark...
"I'll need to see the toughness of the Pokemon that battle with you!"
Yeah, you can say that again.

Attempt 1:
I force-Growl, he thankfully Stealth Rocks. Then, I decide to use an X Defend for extra assurance as he Rock Throws. I Bide up as he spams Rock Throw, but he misses one of his Rock Throws, which is killer. I heal up and Bide up again as he only hits 1/2 once again, this time to my favor.

Onix comes out, I Growl as per requirement as he immediately Rock Throws, which does very little as Onix is quite weak (X Defend comin' through). Onix survives the first Bide and gets Potioned up... and that's when he pulls out Screech... Now, I'm forced to use my Super Potion earlier that I wanted to just to beat Onix.

Cranidos comes out as I Potion up. And Headbutt does way too much. I Growl as he chokes by using Pursuit. I Potion up as he of course gets a crit on Headbutt...

Attempts 2-3:
I Growl and he thankfully Stealth Rocks again and this time immediately click Bide, but of course he gets a crit Rock Throw and 2HKOs.

Attempt 4:
VS Geodude
Growl - Stealth Rock
Bide - Rock Throw
Bide2 - Rock Throw miss
Bide3 - Actually Lucky Rock Throw miss
Bide - Potion
Bide2 - Rock Throw
Bide3 KOs Geodude.

VS Onix
I Growl as he Rock Throws before I heal for a few turns. I Bide and after 2 Rock Throws, I OHKO Onix and grow to Level 17.

VS Cranidos
I Super Potion as he gets a crit Headbutt, ruining that. I Growl before healing with regular Potions. I actually get a Bide off before he gets another lucky crit and KOs.

Attempt 5:
VS Geodude
Growl - Rocks
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws

VS Onix
Potion - Rock Throw
Growl - Rock Throw
Potion - Rock Throw
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws (Level 17!)

VS Cranidos
Potion - Crit Headbutt
Super Potion - Headbutt
Growl - Leer
I Bide at the wrong time as he spams Leer

*Skipping ahead*

Attempt 9:
Onix and Geodude went the same as Attempt 5 more or less

VS Cranidos (I forgot how it exactly went, but it was something like this)
I healed up before using Growl followed by Bide. Bide doesn't quite kill, letting Roark use a Potion. I healed up as well (I think I used my X Defend and another Growl somewhere in here), before using Bide 1 more time and barely winning. During this, the only move he used was Headbutt.

FINALLY, WE WON.
I'm not going to say that I hate you for making me use a Kricketune without Leech Life to beat Roark, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't at all mad.

"This is embarrassing..." Oh shut up...

"YB received the Coal Badge from Roark!" Well earned, though honestly I had it on Attempt 1 before crits happened. I also got TM76 Stealth Rock, which might be useful honestly.

Well, we'll end it off here. After finally defeating the Gym Leader, we can finally continue with the days of solo Kricketune being numbered.

Badges: 1

Caught:

Level: 17
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Leech Life
- Fury Cutter
Roark: Yes (Geodude, Onix, Cranidos)

Yeah, Cricthoven's bulk honestly hurt more than it helps. Having to use Growl first every battle mde Cricthoven more prone to either having to PP Stall in long battle, or in the case of the Gym, being just bulky enough to not OHKO the Gym Leader's Pokemon after 1 or Rock Throws/Headbutts but not being bulky enough to take 5 without having to heal 2-3 times. The Gym was very annoying because of this and Roark's extremely timely luck. Still better than what I could expect from a Kricketune, but not as impressed as before (though maybe Sing would've helped).

Not Caught:

Well now that the painful trek to get the badge is over, I can finally continue on with my newly usable Rock Smash on HM Geodude.

Bowler interrupts me to my surprise, but luckily for me all he wanted to do was tell me about Eterna City. Believe me, I want to get there much more than you do, buddy.

Before getting to Route 204, I decided to explore as much of Oreburgh Gate as I could at the moment, coming away with TM70 Flash (bleh) and a Big Pearl (cool).

As I entered Jubilife City, Looker confronted me with a warning to watch out for shady individuals, which has me wondering, what do shady individuals look like? Hmm, they might a bowl cut... with teal hair... kinda dress like astronauts... eh, who am I kidding... Oh, would you look at that, shady men with bowl cuts, teal hair, and space outfits are harassing Dawn and Rowan. I guess it was just a lucky guess, eh? Rowan gives them some lip because Rowan is awesome, but I still had to fight them off for him with Dawn. It's not like you have that Chimchar that Dawn doesn't own and Bowler & I didn't pick, but whatever, as Cricthoven just ate hits while Dawn's Chimchar did damage.

Not much happened on the bottom part Route 204, except that one of the trainers I skipped earlier had a Magikarp that I had to PP Stall, which also got me to Level 18 and Sing. There was also TM39 Rock Tomb in Ravaged Path, but all that did was make me sad that I an teach it to my future Cranidos. Maybe if I get Wormadam-Sandy... Oh, and 1 trainer on the top part of Route 204 asked me if I was using different types of Pokemon. Yeah, I wish.

By the way, I really hate facing Budews and Leech Seed Cherubi, the latter of which is actually almost impossible to beat. Full disclosure, I had to stall out Leech Seed repeatedly switching because if I stayed in, I'd run out of healing items before successfully stalling out Cherubi and would be guaranteed to lose (Don't worry though, I didn't attack Cherubi with Piplup or Geodude). There was also a double battle, which was a bit weird considering I only had 1 Scramblemon at this point.

After a pretty tedious top part of Route 204, I entered Floaroma Town, and oh how I wish it was Eterna City at this point. I got the TM88 Pluck (bleh) and some berries before I was on my as you can't quite get Honey yet.

Next was Team Galactic, and EWWWWW HYPNOSIS GLAMEOWS
I just want Bronzor already ;~;

I got through the Grunt stationed at Valley Windworks okay-ish, but that's just a sign for things to come and I don't like that at all. Next were the Floaroma Meadow goons, who had an annoying Stunky with Screech and Poison Gas that took way too many attempts (Read: more than 1) to beat, and the second grunt you can't heal before had 2 dumb Zubats, the second of which I had to PP Stall as I have to sit there I wonder what I was doing with my life and why Fury Cutter had to restricted to Soundproof mons.

I got Honey for this, so I GUESS that getting my second mon is a silver lining.... in at least 6 hours. Why does the Honey mechanic exist? Why can't Sinnoh trees be cool like Headbutt Trees in Johto?... Oh, I also got the Works Key, if anyone cares.

I slathered up the dream outside of Valley Windworks before heading in. One annoying Zubat and now Commander time (I skipped a trainer) and this probably won't go well since she leads with Zubat....WITH TOXIC

Yeah, this took multiple attempts

Oh, not to mention, she has Purugly.

Full Disclosure, I had to cheat by using Fury Cutter on Zubat as using only Bide, Growl, and Sing made is impossible to win without literally hoping that she missed every single Toxic she had, which was never going to happen. Zubat took 5 or 6 tries to beat, and after that Purugly was actually a piece of cake.

At the end of the day, I defeated Mars and I cannot wait to get Pride or Belhop, I'm getting quite tired of dealing with Supersonic, poison, Leech Seed, PP stalling Budews, and all of the rest. Though maybe I'm overreacting, I mean, this is my first scramble, so...

Anyway, I'm stopping here because:
a) Eterna Forest would be nice to train a Burmy in if I get it first try,
b) I'm mad,
and
c) I have school tomorrow and need sleep.

See you next time and sorry for all of the NaCl...

Oh, Looker showed up again... this was all worth it, for Looker, right?

Caught:

Level: 20
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Sing
- Fury Cutter

*unrelenting screams of agony*

Not Caught:

That's a horrible title for this part.

Anyway, if you couldn't guess from the title, after a couple days, the honey (on the Floaroma Meadow tree I didn't originally know existed) finally attracted a Burmy. After putting it to sleep, I caught it quite easily in a Dusk Ball, getting Pride on the squad!

Pride is a girl, so she will evolve into one of the Wormadams. Currently, I'm planning on evolving it into Sandy Cloak, but we'll see. And who knows, it might just evolve before we;re done since Eterna Forest is just up ahead. Burmy isn't spectacular, but with a lucky Relaxed nature and the ability to freely attack, this little miss is a life saver right now.

Pride's first battle is against a Ponyt- wait, no. I did scout with Protect. It definitely had Ember. This battle against a Picnicker actually took 2 attempts because Cricthoven got burned and I forgot to stock up on Potions. The next trainer was a Hiker, so gonna have to wait a little longer.

Pride's first real battle came against a Level 14 Roselia. Roselia literally Growth'd up to +6 and almost OHKO'd with Mega Drain. Tackle was like a 900HKO. Obviously I let Cricthoven handle that one. At least Pride grew to level 13 on that.

As a matter of a fact, Pride really can't hold her own yet. Like, at all. So, Cricthoven still has to do everything pretty much. You know what that means... Biding... PP Stalling... yay....

After a couple more battles
"Cricthoven wants to learn Focus Energy!"
Nope.

Later on, Cricthoven actually fell to an Onix because it got a lucky crit on a Rock Throw. Pride came out and through sheer luck, she was actually able to Tackle it down! I don't know why the AI didn't use Rock Throw, it just didn't. But hey, it got Pride another level, and I'll take that any day.

So after the long trek through Route 205, we FINALLY make it to Eterna Forest and meet this nice green girl. I've been looking forward to this so much as Cheryl means that I won't have to go to the Pokemon Center 93 times in a row, which is more than great, lemme tell ya.

A Bug Catcher told me how great Bug Pokemon were. I mean, I've been frustrated a lot, but I don't think you really need to tell me how good Bugs can be looking at my team...

The first battle is a forced double battle that includes a Bug Catcher, which is good news for me, so I have to hope that Pride can handle herself, though she has Cheryl to fall back on. Just 1 Problem...

The Bug Catcher has a Beautifly.

So, that was a lost cause, so after my 5th or so attempt, I decided to grind to Level 15 to get Bug Bite, though I knew that even if I grinded to level 25, that Beautifly would be impossible to beat. I had to give up on it as Gust is a near OHKO, so there was really nothing I could do about that.

A little bit into the forest now, not 1 Bug Catcher has been soloed and Pride is already level 17. That worries me. Immensely. Luckily, after a pair of Psychics, I faced aa pair of Bug Catchers. I hoped for something not named Beautifly. The first one only had Burmies, so easy money there. 1 solo down, 9 to go. The 2nd, however, had a Dustox. sigh This won't go well... It didn't. In 2 attempts, I got extremely close, but it was clear that it was not happening. So, I grinded from 17 to 19 and tried again:
Against the Bug Catcher's Wurmple, it was an easy 2HKO and I only took 1 damage from Poison Sting. Next was Dustox. I spammed the heck out of Bug Bite while Dustox used a combination of Gust, Poison Sting, and Tackle. After a big back and forth, Pride survived the battle with just 1 HP. Next came Cascoon. Bug Bite was a 3HKO, but all it had to do was click its one attacking move out of 3 moves... Turn 1, Bug Bite VS Harden... Turn 2, Bug Bite VS String Shot miss, Turn 3 Bug Bite KOS! That took too long, but I don't care, 2 down! And that is, unfortunately, the last Bug Catcher in Eterna Forest, so I won't even have a Wormadam before the Gym it looks like.

Due to a wild battle with a Dustox...
"Pride grew to level 20!
Pride learned Hidden Power!
What? Pride is evolving!
Huh? Pride stopped evolving!"

Yeah, I'm gonna have to do that a lot...

As I continued through the last part of the forest, I narrowed down the possible type of Burmy's Hidden Power to Fire, as it was super effective on a wild Budew, not very effective on a wild Psyduck, and super effective on a Kricketot. This is really exciting as Bug Bite honetly hits like a truck and fire covers for a Steel-types, which could be important later.

After that ended my trek through Eterna Forest. TheBug Catcher battles were terrible, though the rest was pretty much fine, I guess. And Pride really held her own after getting a boost in those min-grinds, I'm actually kinda excited to see how she does.

After soloing some Fisherman, we arrive in Eterna City, and that's where we'll end it. I've realized that getting a Wormadam will be way more difficult than I initially thought, but hey, at least for now, I have a powerhouse "tank" in Burmy and the power of Bide in Kricketune. I'm surprisingly optimistic, really.

Caught:

Pride (Burmy-Sandy) (F)
Level: 21
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Tackle
- Bug Bite
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Bug Catcher Solos: 2/10
*Beat all Kricketots, Kricketunes, Bronzors, Bronzongs, Cranidos, Rampardos, Happinies, Chanseys, Blisseys, and Tropiuses
*Solo Aaron
*Can't use non-held items (Solo future Mars battles to remove)
Move - Team Member - Learned? - Method of Learning
Bug Bite - Kricketune (Kricketot) - No - Level-Up
Sunny Day - Bronzong - No - TM11
Rain Dance - Bronzong - No - TM18
Tackle - Bronzong - Yes - Level-Up
Confusion - Bronzong - No - Level-Up
Safeguard - Bronzong - No - TM20
Endeavor - Rampardos - No - Tutor
Natural Gift - Tropius - No - TM83

After a horribly rough start, after failing the 1st solo, Pride has held her own so well, espeically against the Dustox trainer. She did need grinding to get here, but honestly, this is way more that I could've expected from a Burmy, and she almost didn't even need to be grinded up. Definitely not the cleanest run so far, but at the very least, the next Gym should be a piece of cake with Pride here.

Level: 22
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Sing
- Fury Cutter
*Attempt to beat Bowler's Starly: (1-0)
*Holds Metronome

He did a good job preparing Pride for Eterna Forest and covering for her against the Beautifly, but after that I didn't use Cricthoven at all, as Pride nearly soloed Eterna Forest, so not much to say here.

Not Caught:

Welp, it's been awhile, but let's get this show back on the road, shall we?

After arriving in Eterna City, I do a little exploring, only yielding the TM for Recycle (which could let me bypass the non-held item restriction on Pride once I get Sitrus Berries, though it might not really be worth it) and sad reminders that I eventually have to go Underground to find Descartes (I'm gonna wait until after the gym to do all that, which will be its own part).

So, I head north when I get interrupted by Bowler once again, though he thankfully only goes on about the Pokemon statue, where we meet Cyrus spouting so philosophical stuff once again, After that, Bowler feels the need to tell me that the secret to becoming a POKEMON MASTERTM is, wait for it... To hit all of your attacks and dodge all of your opponent's attacks.

If only it was that easy...

Anyway, after that, I head west to Route 211 because I can FINALLY get Bellhop, which will make everything so much easier. In my first playthrough of Platinum, I used a Heatproof Bronzong and it still put in so much work, even if the Bronzor days were a bit hard.

Though I had, to put that off for a couple seconds, thanks to a trainer with THREE ZUBATS and Pride was thankfully able to handle for the most part, but only barely. As I headed back to the Pokemon Center, a lady with a lot of hair and black clothes named Cynthia stopped me to ramble about stuff Descartes could've told me once I got him, but she did give me the HM for Cut, so she's nice.

Anyway, after healing, I immediately headed back to Route 16 and after literally a second of searching, I found a Bronzor with Levitate! So, welcome to the team, Bellhop! Bellhop is my MVP prediction for a reason, so I can't wait to see how he (its genderless, but I'll just call it a guy) does. The only really bad thing about him is that he's the reason why I have to teach Rain Dance and Sunny Day to a future Bug/Ground-type...

I'm actually going to end this part here, as I decided to do some grinding and all there really is to do left is the gym, so see you next time! The levels below reflect the posy-grinding levels.

Caught:

Bellhop (Bronzor)
Level: 20
Rash Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 8 Atk / 7 Def / 26 SpA / 9 SpD / 31 Spe (IVs reflect the maximum possible values they could be)
- Extrasensory
- Hypnosis
- Imprison
- Confuse Ray
*Defeat five pairs of trainers at the hotel with one of its teammates each
*Solo Fantina
*Solo Bertha

This thing is everything I've ever wanted. The bulk is great, Extrasensory does a ton of damage, Confuse Ray and Hypnosis are nice cheese options, and the typing (in Gen 4) and the ability means that thins thing will NEVER die. I can't really touch anything that resists Psychic, though Prdie handles two of the types that do (Psychic and Dark), so that's not really a problem. Bellhop will be a huge help on the journey and especially against Gardenia.

Pride (Burmy) (F)
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Tackle
- Bug Bite
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Bug Catcher Solos: 2/10
*Beat all Kricketots, Kricketunes, Bronzors, Bronzongs, Cranidos, Rampardos, Happinies, Chanseys, Blisseys, and Tropiuses
*Solo Aaron
*Can't use non-held items (Solo future Mars battles to remove)
Move - Team Member - Learned? - Method of Learning
Bug Bite - Kricketune (Kricketot) - Yes - Level-Up
Sunny Day - Bronzong - No - TM11
Rain Dance - Bronzong - No - TM18
Tackle - Bronzong - Yes - Level-Up
Confusion - Bronzong - No - Level-Up
Safeguard - Bronzong - No - TM20
Endeavor - Rampardos - No - Tutor
Natural Gift - Tropius - No - TM83

Pride beat 2/3 Zubats from a trainer during this part, so she's pretty good. Also, I'm so glad this thing has HP Fire.

Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Sing
- Fury Cutter
*Attempt to beat Bowler's Starly: (1-0)
*Holds Metronome

All Cricthoven did this time around was take the last 1/3 of a Zubats health, so nothing to say here really.

Not Caught:

Part 5 is up

Hey I'm brand new to this whole scramble challenge thing and want to give it a try. I want to do a White 2 challenge, no trading, moderately difficult.

Also, I'm not fond of the Gen V starters, so I want to be able to catch the first one by the time I'm at the ranch, so I can use my starter as little as possible.

Hey I'm brand new to this whole scramble challenge thing and want to give it a try. I want to do a White 2 challenge, no trading, moderately difficult.
SillyFerret, take Defender the Azurill. Defender has always wanted to protect all of Unova. However there's one small problem, they're timid. Defender joined you on your journey to try to overcome they're fears. Defender starts out timid. However defeating the first gym filled defender with courage. They become overconfident for a while however he goes back to being timid when he faints. Every time after you either A) defeat a gym leader or champion or B) defeat a major trainer they become overconfident again untill they faint again(Chose either a or b to follow and stick to it). The rules for when Defender is Timid and Overconfident are as follows.

Timid:
  • Can use status moves. Must have at least 1 status move.
  • Can't evolve.
  • Can't battle Grass or electric types.
  • Must switch out if health goes to red.
  • Must switch out if the foe uses a Grass or electric type move, even if it's a status move.
Overconfident:
  • Can't use status moves. Must have at least 1 status move.
  • Can evolve.
  • Must solo all Grass and electric types.
  • Can't switch out if it's health is yellow or red.
  • Must solo the foe's pokemon if damaged by a Grass or electric type move.
Hey all, I'm wanting to do a leafgreen scramble. Base rules
xValeyardx take Hope the Caterpie. Hope truly believes they can help you throughout your entire journey. However you know the sad truth that Hope is going to be outclassed one day. Despite this you want to do your best to keep Hope's spirits high.
  • As soon as possible you must make Hope's moves of all different types to make them believe they are versatile.
  • Hope must solo one of the junior trainers at Blane's gym to make them believe they are helpful even against bad match ups.
  • You must not let Hope be the lowest leveled pokemon in your team to show that you still believe hope has some use.
  • Hope must lead against the Champion fight and have Hope solo any one of the champion's pokemon to show that Hope has helped you to the end.
And I almost forgot, for specification Hope can evolve at any time and has no restrictions on evolving.

Last edited:
I want to do a scramble of LG: Eevee (easy, no trading).
Scribblium, take Pokey Mon the Nidoran♂. Pokey Mon wants to be the very best... pokey Pokemon... and really feels like the best way to do that is to... poke other Pokemon. Pokey Mon must always have at least one pokey (horn) move. Also, it must use a pokey move first before using other moves when it enters battle. These moves include Poison Sting, Horn Attack, Fury Attack, or Horn Drill. Pokey Mon can learn other moves, but it must always know and use at least one pokey move.

Pokey Mon can't stand to see Koga ninja-ing around with his pokey haircut. Pokey Mon wants to teach this poser a lesson by poking every single one of Koga's Pokemon at least twice. Pokey Mon doesn't care about defeating Koga's Pokemon because poking stuff is way more important. After Pokey Mon puts Koga in his place, Pokey Mon can evolve into Nidoking. No restrictions on evolution prior to that.

Finally, Pokey Mon likes to eat the most pokey items: Revive and Max Revive. You must feed Pokey Mon a Revive or Max Revive if he faints before taking him to a Pokemon Center, or he won't trust you anymore with helping him achieve his goals.

Summary: Pokey Mon must
  • know one of Poison Sting, Horn Attack, Fury Attack, or Horn Drill (pokey moves)
  • use a pokey move first when entering battle
  • poke each of Koga's Pokemon twice
  • eat Revive/Max Revive whenever fainted

SillyFerret, I give you Mince the Sewaddle. Mince gets frostbite very easily and therefore cannot fight ice type pokemon, must be swapped out if hit with an ice type move to not be used again until healed at a pokemon center, and cannot battle in cold areas. Mince is also allergic to Revives and Max Revives and cannot have them used on him. TMs do not work on Mince. Mince must only evolve after soloing your rival and can evolve a final time once Mince solos any gym that Mince is not strong against. Have fun with this Pokemon. (If he is too easy then try Mince only being able to use 3 of his move slots)

Hello, I'd like to do a fire red scramble challenge. I would like it to be hard, but not insane. I'd like 3-4 pokemon, so that I have room for HM slaves.

Groovee is a self-proclaimed master of dance, the eternal life of the dance recital. His dances are often spontaneous and random in nature and frequency, and would rather spend more time honing his craft than developing his skills as a Psychic-type. As such the only Psychic-type move that can be learned is Confusion. If any other psychic-type moves are present in the moveset they must be removed through either the usage of the Move Deleter or TM usage. If there is no circumstance where they can be removed you are not permitted to use them until removal.

Groovee is also a music addict, dropping in unannouced into anything with even the worst musical beats, and can always be found dancing to the tune of a Jigglypuff. Whenever a sound-move is used on the opposing side, Groovee must be switched in ASAP and must solo the Pokemon who initially use the move, and must always solo any Jigglypuff or Wigglytuff.

The only pet peeve Groovee has is its dance being interrupted by rude audience members. If a physical attack is landed on Groovee, it must automatically switch out ASAP and may not re-enter battle until the attacker is KO'd by another Pokemon. This rule does not apply to the above rule, its dancing will continue with music even when interrupted.

Finally, Groovee has always had the dream to learn from various masters of dance to hone its craft. Although Kanto dance masters are few and far between, Erika of Celadon and her respective pupils are seen as the best in Kanto. As such, Groovee must solo all trainers or Celadon Gym including Erika to evolve into Hypno. Pokemon will not be able interrupt its dance lesson at Celadon.

tl;dr
-Only Psychic move that can be used is Confusion, all others must be skipped/removed.
- When a sound-move is used by the opposing side, it must be switch in and solo the Pokemon.
- If hit by a physical attack, it must be switch out and cannot be switch in until the attacker is KO'd by another. Rule 2 and 4 are exempted from this.
- Solo Celadon Gym to evolve into Hypno.

Landkon2 Take a Charmander. Name it whatever you want. This Charmander is an item hater. So you cannot give it a hold item and you cannot use items on it. Ever. Not even TM's. Nothing else to note.

Last edited:

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Hello, I'd like to do a fire red scramble challenge. I would like it to be hard, but not insane. I'd like 3-4 pokemon, so that I have room for HM slaves.
Take Groovee the Drowzee.
Groovee is a self-proclaimed master of dance, the eternal life of the dance recital. His dances are often spontaneous and random in nature and frequency, and would rather spend more time honing his craft than developing his skills as a Psychic-type. As such the only Psychic-type move that can be learned is Confusion. If any other psychic-type moves are present in the moveset they must be removed through either the usage of the Move Deleter or TM usage. If there is no circumstance where they can be removed you are not permitted to use them until removal.

Groovee is also a music addict, dropping in unannouced into anything with even the worst musical beats, and can always be found dancing to the tune of a Jigglypuff. Whenever a sound-move is used on the opposing side, Groovee must be switched in ASAP and must solo the Pokemon who initially use the move, and must always solo any Jigglypuff or Wigglytuff.

The only pet peeve Groovee has is its dance being interrupted by rude audience members. If a physical attack is landed on Groovee, it must automatically switch out ASAP and may not re-enter battle until the attacker is KO'd by another Pokemon. This rule does not apply to the above rule, its dancing will continue with music even when interrupted.

Finally, Groovee has always had the dream to learn from various masters of dance to hone its craft. Although Kanto dance masters are few and far between, Erika of Celadon and her respective pupils are seen as the best in Kanto. As such, Groovee must solo all trainers or Celadon Gym including Erika to evolve into Hypno. Pokemon will not be able interrupt its dance lesson at Celadon.

tl;dr
-Only Psychic move that can be used is Confusion, all others must be skipped/removed.
- When a sound-move is used by the opposing side, it must be switch in and solo the Pokemon.
- If hit by a physical attack, it must be switch out and cannot be switch in until the attacker is KO'd by another. Rule 2 and 4 are exempted from this.
- Solo Celadon Gym to evolve into Hypno.

-

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Landkon2 Take a Charmander. Name it whatever you want. This Charmander is an item hater. So you cannot give it a hold item and you cannot use items on it. Ever. Not even TM's. Nothing else to note.

Also I haven't really been here in this thread for a few years so I might do one. Pokémon Emerald, six Pokémon, no real caveats except just don't be stupid and I am not trading. Also make it clear what the restrictions are. I might think about doing an LP of this or something?

Last edited:
Also I haven't really been here in this thread for a few years so I might do one. Pokémon Emerald, six Pokémon, no real caveats except just don't be stupid and I am not trading. Also make it clear what the restrictions are. I might think about doing an LP of this or something?
Take NinCodra the Nincada. NinCodra frequents the Orange Islands forums and loves reading challenges and Let's Plays. His favorite was back when Codraroll played Alter Ego style (see https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sembling-the-final-team.3587617/#post-7133461). NinCodra is so enthused by this play style that (s)he wants to do this itself during Its_A_Random's run, so:
  1. After capturing NinCodra, play normally until evolution, but MAKE SURE you have at least one Pokeball and an empty party slot so you can get Shedinja as well.
  2. Name the Shedinja "Rollja".
  3. Exactly one of NinCodra or Rollja must be in your party at all times, but not both.
  4. The one of NinCodra or Rollja in your party must do damage (by any means) in the gym leader battle without fainting during the battle (poison in the overworld is fine).
  5. The one of NinCodra or Rollja who participated in the gym battle must be swapped for the other immediately after the gym battle and stay in the box until the next swap.
  6. After the eighth gym, all restrictions on who can be in the party are lifted, but the move restrictions below exist until after beating the game.
NinCodra loves using Double Team and Aerial Ace and must use one of those each time it battles.
Rollja loves using Ghost type moves and must use one each time it battles. (It gets Spite at 25, Confuse Ray at 31, Shadow Ball at 38, and Grudge at 45. You just need at least one of these at all times.)

Feel free to reject the Alter Ego loving NinCodra and Rollja, for this is your only chance to reject the spirit of a mod.

Hello, I'm looking for suggestions for a hg/ss scramble. the only limitations is to not have pokemon that get less than 4 moves

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)