Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I just got Yellow on my 3DS, and I'd like to do a Scramble challenge.

Game: Yellow
Trading: No
Difficulty: Medium
Other: I'd like to use at least one starter.

Thanks!
Take Ellen, the ghosthunting Butterfree

-Must solo every Exorcist, the undead Marowak and Agatha
-You cannot store the silph-scope in your pc
-Ellen cannot learn normal type damaging moves, since they cant hit ghost types

Those are probably enough restrictions, Butterfree isnt particularly good anyways.
Now thank me for saving you from brock.

Hey you guys ^^

Since I do not want to wait another two weeks two start my Crystal-Scramble challenge and since my usual playthroughs only include four to five Pokemon anyway (makes grinding a lot less tedious), I will wait for only one more Pokemon.

As a reminder:
- Medium-Hard Difficulty
- No trade-evos
- No further restrictions, I already have a surfer and dont need a flyer

I would enjoy a Starter or another Pokemon that I can catch before Falkner since my earliest member at this point is Plebeian the Slowpoke right before Bugsy. But this isnt a necessity though.

Here are the restrictions for my other team members:

1. Plebeian the Slowpoke!
-Always hold Amulet Coin
-Gain Double Money on Rival, Gym and E4 battles
-Have at least 10.000*Number of Badges Pokedollar after Whitney
-Solo every Pokemon with "King" or "Queen" in their evo-line and do not evolve till it dethroned 30 of those Pokemon in Trainer-Battles.

2. Kofflette the Koffing!
- Kofflette must always know Self-Destruct
- Kofflette also must only use the move that is on the top of the attack-list.
- When Kofflette levels up, shift the Self-Destruct attack down by however many times the last digit on your Trainer ID specifies.
- If a Kofflette dies in battle via Self-Destruct, get immeadiately another one. There are 9 Kofflettes in total.
- Must hold Blackbelt
- Solo Blackbelts, Chuck, Janine and Koga
- No Rare Candies or Exp.Share
- Never be the lowest level in your party

3. NewSnorlax the Sudowoodo!
- Can only be used for one hour per day.
- Cant hold Items and I cant use Items on him.
- Must learn Rest and Snore.
- Must solo every Snorlax.
Hmm, well I don’t understand why it is so hard for you to get 4 mons
But anyway, take PARTY4EVA the Drowzee

Ever since he was a young drowzee, he has always wanted to party for life with the big boys. But being a drowzee,everyone avoids him because of those false rumors about his evolution Hypno. So he joins you party for the high life, and will expect that you provide
- Drowzee likes to party, and he wants everybody along with him to do so as well. Everytime, he goes out to battle, he will hand out obligatory drinks( potions) to everyone till they can’t drink any more
- One of his fantasies about partying, is getting stoned. But fortunately for him and you, he doesn’t actually know what that means. But that doesn’t stop him from trying to find out. To do so, he will solo every rock type to find out the meaning. He will also be the only Pokémon out in front when you catch NewSnorlax
- That being said, he has heard of Morty, and how he is one of the most famous people of the party. To find out about what’s up with him, he will want to solo him. ( look at his sprite if you want to know what I am on about)
- However, he has a deep hatred for party poopers, and if any opposing Pokémon happens to faint two of your own, then he will come out and fight it. ( unless it is a solo)

Now that I finished, someone else please give him another Pokémon so he can start

Hmm, well I don’t understand why it is so hard for you to get 4 mons
But anyway, take PARTY4EVA the Drowzee

Ever since he was a young drowzee, he has always wanted to party for life with the big boys. But being a drowzee,everyone avoids him because of those false rumors about his evolution Hypno. So he joins you party for the high life, and will expect that you provide
- Drowzee likes to party, and he wants everybody along with him to do so as well. Everytime, he goes out to battle, he will hand out obligatory drinks( potions) to everyone till they can’t drink any more
- One of his fantasies about partying, is getting stoned. But fortunately for him and you, he doesn’t actually know what that means. But that doesn’t stop him from trying to find out. To do so, he will solo every rock type to find out the meaning. He will also be the only Pokémon out in front when you catch NewSnorlax
- That being said, he has heard of Morty, and how he is one of the most famous people of the party. To find out about what’s up with him, he will want to solo him. ( look at his sprite if you want to know what I am on about)
- However, he has a deep hatred for party poopers, and if any opposing Pokémon happens to faint two of your own, then he will come out and fight it. ( unless it is a solo)

Now that I finished, someone else please give him another Pokémon so he can start
Awesome! Thank you for the Hypno!

Chapter 7: Lysandre Hates his Mascot (aka the most painful chapter in this series)

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I am turning on SWITCH mode only for Insanity's solos. I will not use SWITCH mode in any other circumstance.

So this chapter was particularly painful, and I'm not gonna write much about it. One, I want to forget about it as quickly as possible, and two, y'all probably don't want to read me talking about each individual Team Flare member. Because Team Flare has lots of Dark Types, and since I'm going to be running back to the Pokemon Center all of the time anyways, I give Insanity Focus Blast. Since I backtrack all the time in this episode, the low PP doesn't matter.

So I may or may not have forgotten how early in this episode I had to fight Lysandre, so with almost 0 preparation, time to see how Burniate does!

Because I have to waste a turn, Burniate stands no chance against Meinfoo, who 1HKO's with HJK. I could cheese Meinfoo by switching into King Arthur for recoil, but thats against the spirit of the challenge, so time to heal back up.
Luckily, Incinerate is a 2HKO, so I just have to waste a few Revives, and we're good.
Gyarados is a different story. Because i definitely can't 2HKO, I have to interchangeably use Noble Roar and Revives, but once Gyarados is at -6, I am able to use Potions while spamming Work Up. Once Burniate is at +6, Incinerate is a 3HKO, and once Gyarados is down, +6 Incinerate rolls through the last 2 pokemon.

Good Job Burniate! Now do that 2 more times.

But before that, we have to go through lots of Admins, Grunts, and Scientists! woo.

The non-Dark pokemon don't need mentioning, but the Dark Types are where the problem lie.

With Insanity only having 1 damaging move with 70% accuracy, and needing to use Rain Dance, this takes a while. Oh right, the random move thing also exists.

Instead of going over the fights, Ill just list out best to worst scenario.

Best case scenario (which actually happened a few times): Insanity uses Rain Dance, opponent uses Taunt, and since the only move left is Focus Blast, random moves don't matter. Woohoo!

Almost Best case scenario: Opponent uses a non-damaging move thats not Taunt, and I either use Focus Blast or confuse/parahax.

Not as Good scenario: Opponent uses a contact move, Insanity must switch out, another pokemon must faint, but Insanity rolls high and Focus Blasts the opponent.

Unfortunately, the Worst Case Scenario happens against one of the Scientists: Insanity must switch, and both random moves call Rain Dance, which means I have to let 3 pokemon faint in order to bring Insanity out enough times. Luckily, because the opponent used Roar, I can use Wall as fodder, which means that I don't trigger any death penalties.

With that said, Lysandre Labs is basically me running into lots of trainers, and ending up with one of the above scenarios for each one.
At the end of all this, we bump into AZ, and now it's time to go to Geosenge town! and do the same thing yay

We battle Lysandre for the second time, and it goes exactly the way the first one did. Incinerate was not a guaranteed 2HKO on Meinshao, but Burniate rolls high on the damage twice, so everything is the same.

Most of this part is much easier, with Calem as a Multi-Battle partner, sometimes he will kill the Dark type before all the BS happens. Unfortunately, in the bottom chamber, we have to fight 5 Admins in a row. This goes ok, but Focus Blast runs out of PP, and I am out of PP restoring items, and don't particularly feel like going back to a Pokemon Center.

I do, in the spirit of the challenge, try to solo Yveltal with only Confuse Ray, but after failing twice I give up and throw the Master Ball. I can at least say I tried though.

Now, time to fight Lysandre AGAIN! HUZZAH

This fight goes a bit differently, since Gyarados is now the 4th pokemon instead of the 2nd. This makes most of the fight a bit easier, but Mega Gyarados is a pain. However, it is at this exact moment that I remember that Water types can indeed get burned. IDK why i thought they couldn't, but I did. With that, I shift to using Fire Fang instead of Incinerate, and after a few Revives, I get a lucky burn. Now, it's time to just stall out, and as a mark of pride/principle, i make sure Burniate is active the turn Gyarados. Take that!

Lysandre pushes the button of doom, and most of Geosenge goes bye-bye, but it’s ok, because we are done with Team Flare! Next episode we (hopefully) get our 8th badge!

Because this episode was almost all solos, no team update for now. Just gonna say that Burniate has the potential to be a great setup sweeper, and my Insano-Meter has officially hit 10. See you on the flip side!

Chapter 7: Lysandre Hates his Mascot (aka the most painful chapter in this series)

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I am turning on SWITCH mode only for Insanity's solos. I will not use SWITCH mode in any other circumstance.

So this chapter was particularly painful, and I'm not gonna write much about it. One, I want to forget about it as quickly as possible, and two, y'all probably don't want to read me talking about each individual Team Flare member. Because Team Flare has lots of Dark Types, and since I'm going to be running back to the Pokemon Center all of the time anyways, I give Insanity Focus Blast. Since I backtrack all the time in this episode, the low PP doesn't matter.

So I may or may not have forgotten how early in this episode I had to fight Lysandre, so with almost 0 preparation, time to see how Burniate does!

Because I have to waste a turn, Burniate stands no chance against Meinfoo, who 1HKO's with HJK. I could cheese Meinfoo by switching into King Arthur for recoil, but thats against the spirit of the challenge, so time to heal back up.
Luckily, Incinerate is a 2HKO, so I just have to waste a few Revives, and we're good.
Gyarados is a different story. Because i definitely can't 2HKO, I have to interchangeably use Noble Roar and Revives, but once Gyarados is at -6, I am able to use Potions while spamming Work Up. Once Burniate is at +6, Incinerate is a 3HKO, and once Gyarados is down, +6 Incinerate rolls through the last 2 pokemon.

Good Job Burniate! Now do that 2 more times.

But before that, we have to go through lots of Admins, Grunts, and Scientists! woo.

The non-Dark pokemon don't need mentioning, but the Dark Types are where the problem lie.

With Insanity only having 1 damaging move with 70% accuracy, and needing to use Rain Dance, this takes a while. Oh right, the random move thing also exists.

Instead of going over the fights, Ill just list out best to worst scenario.

Best case scenario (which actually happened a few times): Insanity uses Rain Dance, opponent uses Taunt, and since the only move left is Focus Blast, random moves don't matter. Woohoo!

Almost Best case scenario: Opponent uses a non-damaging move thats not Taunt, and I either use Focus Blast or confuse/parahax.

Not as Good scenario: Opponent uses a contact move, Insanity must switch out, another pokemon must faint, but Insanity rolls high and Focus Blasts the opponent.

Unfortunately, the Worst Case Scenario happens against one of the Scientists: Insanity must switch, and both random moves call Rain Dance, which means I have to let 3 pokemon faint in order to bring Insanity out enough times. Luckily, because the opponent used Roar, I can use Wall as fodder, which means that I don't trigger any death penalties.

With that said, Lysandre Labs is basically me running into lots of trainers, and ending up with one of the above scenarios for each one.
At the end of all this, we bump into AZ, and now it's time to go to Geosenge town! and do the same thing yay

We battle Lysandre for the second time, and it goes exactly the way the first one did. Incinerate was not a guaranteed 2HKO on Meinshao, but Burniate rolls high on the damage twice, so everything is the same.

Most of this part is much easier, with Calem as a Multi-Battle partner, sometimes he will kill the Dark type before all the BS happens. Unfortunately, in the bottom chamber, we have to fight 5 Admins in a row. This goes ok, but Focus Blast runs out of PP, and I am out of PP restoring items, and don't particularly feel like going back to a Pokemon Center.

I do, in the spirit of the challenge, try to solo Yveltal with only Confuse Ray, but after failing twice I give up and throw the Master Ball. I can at least say I tried though.

Now, time to fight Lysandre AGAIN! HUZZAH

This fight goes a bit differently, since Gyarados is now the 4th pokemon instead of the 2nd. This makes most of the fight a bit easier, but Mega Gyarados is a pain. However, it is at this exact moment that I remember that Water types can indeed get burned. IDK why i thought they couldn't, but I did. With that, I shift to using Fire Fang instead of Incinerate, and after a few Revives, I get a lucky burn. Now, it's time to just stall out, and as a mark of pride/principle, i make sure Burniate is active the turn Gyarados. Take that!

Lysandre pushes the button of doom, and most of Geosenge goes bye-bye, but it’s ok, because we are done with Team Flare! Next episode we (hopefully) get our 8th badge!

Because this episode was almost all solos, no team update for now. Just gonna say that Burniate has the potential to be a great setup sweeper, and my Insano-Meter has officially hit 10. See you on the flip side!
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I've decided to use a bunch of Pokemon I either rarely or never use the next time I play emerald so here's an OG scrambler back for some fun

I have a single rule:
- Under no circumstances will I accept challenges that are pure drudgery gruntwork. No "must solo every grass type", no "must always be the highest level", no "must exhaust all PP" type challenges. These are stupid, pointless, grind challenges that ask of no creativity. Things like "cannot evolve unless it solos Flannery" are totally fine

That might seem extreme but I've gone out of my way to take obnoxiously hard challenges before (special attacking Machop, no Evo Sunkern, etc) and I want fun quirks to spice up the run rather than things that make you want to kill yourself

Anyway here's what I'm going with:

- Exploud
- Beautifly / Banette (replacement at Mt Pyre)
- Camerupt
- Altaria
- Whiscash / Wailord (replacement at Lilycove)
- Grumpig

Have fun giving me creative/rewarding challenges!
Bumping this

Have accepted challenges for Exploud/Grumping/Whishcash/Altaria already

Considering using a Breloom/Beautifly combo instead of Camerupt/Banette

mini update time nyoom

Since Wall must solo Wulfric entirely while asleep, this fight is very RNG dependent with Sleep Talk.
Chapter update will come out soontm once the fights done, but it's looking to take a while now (I am currently on my 8th attempt).

See y'all when I run out of fresh water

Chapter 8: Two Fat Men Have a Napping Competition

these title names are so fun to come up with btw

So with Lysandre and Team Red Tux defeated (finally!) time to take on Wulfric. First though I am going to backtrack and clean up some of Explorer's whirlwind requirements.

1 hour later
Explorer now only needs 1 Grass, 1 Dragon, and 3 Steel. Ice types will get covered at the gym, and looking it up, I can exactly fulfill the requirements on Victory Road.
No need to talk about Snowbelle gym that much, so lets just talk about the napping competition.

Since Snorlax can only use RestTalk, and I only have 1 Ether, I only have 20 PP to work with. Given RNG and sleep talk calling Rest, I essentially have about 13 moves to beat Wulfric with. In order to skew the odds a bit, I go to the Move Deleter, get rid of the HMs, and pick up Heavy Slam and Power Up Punch. Lets go!

Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that each of Wulfric's 3 Pokemon are equally capable of screwing me over.

Not going to go over each run individually, since it took about 9 tries to beat this fight, so lets just talk about why.

Abomasnow: Probably the easiest of the 3 to get past, but Energy Ball has a chance to lower SpDef, which can turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs if I'm not fast enough. Ice Beam has a chance to freeze, but thats less of an issue if my SpDef is still normal. I only died at Abomasnow once, but he made Cryognal's Ice Beams hurt more.

Cryognal: Fun fact! You can take confusion damage while sleeping if you are trying to use Sleep Talk. I genuinely didn't know that before. Basically was 1HKO by both PuP and Heavy Slam, but if I had already stacked PuP's, confusion damage hurt a lot, which ended a couple runs when stacked with SpDef drops.

Avalugg: In retrospect, trying to defeat this gym with only Physical moves was a very bad idea. But I did it anyway! Silly me. I had to faint Avalugg before he could stack 2-3 Curses, as at that point both Avalanche and Gyro Ball could 1HKO. Unfortunately, this was the point in the run where Wall usually decided to seize up and call Rest with Sleep Talk, at one point wasting 5 turns in a row. I ended up having to use a Dire Hit to have any chance of getting past the Curse buffs.

So yeah, it took a while, but eventually RNG pulled through, and I now instantly regret not using Special moves in this fight.

Anyways, this episode is too short, so lets get to the Pokemon League!

On the way there, I give Snorlax Surf back, and make extra sure to skip the trainer with Sableye. Not today Satan.
Most of Victory Road goes fine, I skip trainers without Whirlwind requirements, and manage to defeat Calem using the same method as usual, but with a little more salt, since Insanity kept making Explorer use Whirlwind. Insanity solos Alsol though, so all's well and good in the hood. Arthur does faint to a Shadow Ball from Meowstic, but since he's evolving soon anyways, I'm not too sad about losing SD.

Ironically, the last Steel Type that Explorer has to WW is the last trainer faced in Victory Road. So we do that, and by hitting the Elite 4, we can now evolve Explorer and King Arthur! Time to get SD back!

Unfortunately, I have to backtrack to Terminus Cave to pick up a Dusk Stone. Rip.
I get the stupid Dusk Stone, evolve Arthur, and head to the move reminder to get King's Shield.

A little bit of shuffling items and moves around, and I am ready to take on the Elite 4! JK I'm probably gonna get stomped but I can dream.

Explorer (Pidgeot) @Charti Berry
Lv 78
Timid Nature
Keen Eye
-Hurricane
-Fly
-U-turn
-Whirlwind

It's been a long journey, but Explorer is finally evolved. The last hurdle is going to be Wikstrom. Unfortunately, Explorer has no SE coverage against Steel type, so it looks like I'm just going to have to brute force it and hope for Hurricane confusion. Charti Berry is going to be hopefully for Probopass. If that doesn't work, Ill use a Sky Plate.

Insanity (Grumpig) Damp Rock
Lv 81
Naughty Nature (seriously this fits too well metaphorically)
Own Tempo
-Rain Dance
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Psychic

Thank God there are no Dark Types in the Elite 4. Otherwise I would hate myself right now. My plan for Insanity is to use him as little as possible, b/c he just makes everything more painful. No Dark types means that I can put STAB back on, which is nice. Damp Rock is just so that I waste less turns with Rain Dance.

Cookie Lover (Swalot) Black Sludge
Lv 59
Quiet Nature
Sticky Hold
-Power-up Punch
-Yawn
-Strength
-Infestation

Cookie Lover's main job is going to be soloing Siebold. The two concerns there are Gyarados's Earthquake and Starmie's Psychic, but hopefully I can outstall with Yawn and Infestation.

Burniate (Pyroar) Flame Plate
Lv 62
Jolly Nature
Unnerve
-Noble Roar
-Work Up
-Fire Fang
-Incinerate

Only using Fire-type moves has made Burniate into the walking mediocrity of this team. The only type Burniate beats that aren't beaten by another pokemon is Steel, and Wikstom is already being solo'd. Burnout has big potential with Work Up, just isn't getting much time to shine.

King Arthur (Aegislash) King's Rock
Lv 64
Impish Nature
Stance Change
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance
-Retaliate
-Night Slash

I am so looking forward to using King Arthur tbh. If I hadn't had to use other pokemon in solos so often, this would be prime MVP material. Probably will be MVP material anyways, as Arthur is the only pokemon to have a non-Speed or HP stat over 200, with Def and SpDef 240 and 213 respectively, And with Stance change, most likely Atk will be over 200 as well. Woot. Unfortunately, the moves I am using leave no room for Steel-type STAB, but Night Slash is going to be needed to take down Wikstrom's Aegislash. Speaking of which, that fight is going to be prime mind games, as we can both probably 1HKO each other if played incorrectly.

Wall (Snorlax) Rocky Helmet
Lv 59
Adamany Nature
Immunity
-Heavy Slam
-Surf
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Not much to say here other than good job with Wulfric, keep up the napping. Surf will be nice for Malva.

Tldr: RNG hates me, I forget that Avalugg doesn't have SpDef and waste my time. But everyone evolves, so I'm happy.

I would like to start my first Scramble-Challenge soon.

-I want to play Diamond on medium.
-Please give me a starter, surfer and flyer.
-Please give me at least a second team member before gardenia.
-Try to be brief with your restrictions. Any mon with more than 4 requirements is to convoluted! It just makes it more tedious for me to play and more tedious for the readers to follow. More is less sometimes!
-Have fun.

-Try to be brief with your restrictions. Any mon with more than 4 requirements is to convoluted! It just makes it more tedious for me to play and more tedious for the readers to follow. More is less sometimes!
-Have fun.
Here take Machiavelli the Chimchar

- Machiavelli is a simple chimp, he sees something, and then he mercilessly hounds it till it can no longer move. As part of his sinister-ness when it comes to devising plots of evil, he will use the move nasty plot every time he is up against a pokemon with that he has a type advantage
- That isn't the only trick up his sleeve. He will use the very huge assortment of support moves that he surprisngly can learn. To accomodate for his trickster like attitude, he may only have 1 attacking move, and the rest must be support moves once he is able to.
- Don't be confused with his facade though, he is pretty weak on the inside. He might look threatening, but he really isn't. As a result, once there is two pokemon on the team, Machiavelli will slowly become the lowest level on the team, and he should remain that way for the rest of the adventure.

Here take Machiavelli the Chimchar

- Machiavelli is a simple chimp, he sees something, and then he mercilessly hounds it till it can no longer move. As part of his sinister-ness when it comes to devising plots of evil, he will use the move nasty plot every time he is up against a pokemon with that he has a type advantage
- That isn't the only trick up his sleeve. He will use the very huge assortment of support moves that he surprisngly can learn. To accomodate for his trickster like attitude, he may only have 1 attacking move, and the rest must be support moves once he is able to.
- Don't be confused with his facade though, he is pretty weak on the inside. He might look threatening, but he really isn't. As a result, once there is two pokemon on the team, Machiavelli will slowly become the lowest level on the team, and he should remain that way for the rest of the adventure.
Thats a nice one, stuuful12! thank you aaaaaand accepted!

stuuful12 , take z00mz00m the Starly.

z00mz00m has to go fast. All the time. z00mz00m can only battle if he outspeeds the opponent. If he doesn't, either switch or increase your speeeeed
z00mz00m can evolve once after soloing Gardenia and evolve again after learning Agility. Always keep Agility
gottagofast

Hope this fits into your challenge!

Challenge update coming later today or tomorrow!

stuuful12 , take z00mz00m the Starly.

z00mz00m has to go fast. All the time. z00mz00m can only battle if he outspeeds the opponent. If he doesn't, either switch or increase your speeeeed
z00mz00m can evolve once after soloing Gardenia and evolve again after learning Agility. Always keep Agility
gottagofast

Hope this fits into your challenge!

Challenge update coming later today or tomorrow!
Did you mean to respond to me?
As far as I know stuuful doesnt plan on doing a scramble challenge.

saggidc yep, whoops! I read you quoting his name, and wrote his name down by accident. That challenge is meant for you. stuuful12 , false alarm!
I am sorry, but thats a little to easy.
Staraptor is one of the fastest Pokemon in the Sinnoh-Dex anyway, so his first restriction doesnt really matter, making it a restriction-free Poke at level 38.
Soloing Gardenia with a Starly is to easy too, In regular playthroughs my Staravia OHKO every single Pokemon of her.

Please make it a little bit more challenging.

I am sorry, but thats a little to easy.
Staraptor is one of the fastest Pokemon in the Sinnoh-Dex anyway, so his first restriction doesnt really matter, making it a restriction-free Poke at level 38.
Soloing Gardenia with a Starly is to easy too, In regular playthroughs my Staravia OHKO every single Pokemon of her.

Please make it a little bit more challenging.
Ok, not used to making medium difficulty challenges, I went a little too hard in the other direction lol

As Starly, can only use Quick Attack and non-damaging moves (once you learn QA.)
As Staraptor, must be at (+2) (+4) (+6) Speed to attack.
You can pick which one of those to use, depending on difficulty.

Does that work?

-Have fun.
Ok, not used to making medium difficulty challenges, I went a little too hard in the other direction lol

As Starly, can only use Quick Attack and non-damaging moves (once you learn QA.)
As Staraptor, must be at (+2) (+4) (+6) Speed to attack.
You can pick which one of those to use, depending on difficulty.

Does that work?
Accepted, this is much better

Ok, I'm feeling masochistic today for some reason, so I want to start my first Scarmble Challenge

- I want to play Emerald on extremely hard, like the hardest that could possibly be
- Please give me a Surfer
- Please give at a second team member before Brawly
- You can make the restrictions as convoluted as possible, but make sure to be at least somewhat reasonable. Remember that I can't get infinite resources in Emerald. Also, I want real difficulty, not growl six times at every foe you see. Y'know, stuff I can actually complete, but still really hard

Team Members:
No evolution surskit must solo Juan and Rayquaza.

Have fun!
Now a Marill, since Newsflash swarms can take too long( though marill is probably harder because it can't learn giga drain

stuuful12 , take Amphipathic the Wailmer.

something that is amphipathic has both hydrophilic and hydrophobic qualities, which means it can both attract and repel water. When you catch Amphipathic and after every gym badge, flip a coin:

Amphipathic is now Hydrophilic! Your only damaging moves must be Water-type, and you must solo everything while surfing/diving.

Amphipathic is now Hydrophobic! You cannot use Water-type moves, and you cannot participate in battles while surfing/diving.

You get one free switch. Use it wisely!

To evolve, solo Tate/Liza (Have a trash pokemon as your only other party member, and let them faint early).

Once you reach Ever Grande City, you may pick whether to be Hydrophilic or Hydrophobic at any time, but cannot change during battle.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm feeling masochistic today for some reason, so I want to start my first Scarmble Challenge

- I want to play Emerald on extremely hard, like the hardest that could possibly be
- Please give me a Surfer
- Please give at a second team member before Brawly
- You can make the restrictions as convoluted as possible, but make sure to be at least somewhat reasonable. Remember that I can't get infinite resources in Emerald. Also, I want real difficulty, not growl six times at every foe you see. Y'know, stuff I can actually complete, but still really hard
No evolution surskit must solo Juan and Rayquaza.

Have fun!

stuuful12 , take Amphipathic the Wailmer.

something that is amphipathic has both hydrophilic and hydrophobic qualities, which means it can both attract and repel water. When you catch Amphipathic and after every gym badge, flip a coin:

Amphipathic is now Hydrophilic! Your only damaging moves must be Water-type, and you must solo everything while surfing/diving.

Amphipathic is now Hydrophobic! You cannot use Water-type moves, and you cannot participate in battles while surfing/diving.

You get one free switch. Use it wisely!

To evolve, solo Tate/Liza (Have a trash pokemon as your only other party member, and let them faint early).

Once you reach Ever Grande City, you may pick whether to be Hydrophilic or Hydrophobic at any time, but cannot change during battle.

Chapter 9: Elite... 3?

Short update this time around since it's all battles.

Time to take on the elite 4!

Because Cookie Lover needs every last level he can get, I am going to challenge Siebold last. So I decide to go from easy to hard for the extra levels.

Drasna is up first, and provides a perfect opportunity for King Arthur to showcase his new evolution. Now knowing access to King's Shield, Arthur tears through Drasna, only needing some backup from Explorer on Druddigon. The best interaction from this was when King Arthur was outspend by Noivern while in shield form, allowing him to essentially have 60/150/150/150/150/60 stats for the turn. Balanced pokemon. That was easy, 1 down.

Instead of doing Malva next, I say screw it, and decide to do Wikstrom first.

Before walking into the room, I realize that having U-Turn on Explorer is a baaaad idea, what with random moves and everything. So instead, I use Attract! After all, all of Wikstrom's pokemon are male.

Amazingly, this fight only took one try. It was sketchy for a minute, with me accidentally healing Arthur instead of Explorer at one point, but thats ok.

Explorer led off, and managed to whirlwind all 3 of Wikstrom's non-Aegislash pokemon, living to just 20 HP with Charti berry coming in clutch. When Aegislash comes in, I switch King Arthur into a King's Shield, and begin the mind games. I get really lucky with my timing, and manage to get to +4 while taking no damage. King Arthur outspeeds, and 1HKO's with a massive Night Slash. With that, Explorer comes back in. I give explorer 2 +SpA's, so that Hurricane can do any damage, and begin the Attract spam. Being neutral to Flying, Scizor goes down in 2 hits. Klefki is a bit trickier with prankster, but Attract helps a lot. Fortunately, I get Wikstrom to burn a Full Restore here, which makes Probopass a bit easier. Probopass himself is tricky, but with Attract, and Explorer not quite getting 1HKOd by anything, I can gradually whittle Probopass down with all of the potions in the world. I have to use an Ether on Hurricane, but it is worth it.

Malva is mainly dealt with by the Surfing Wall, but an unfortunate miscalculation by me leaves Wall fainting against Chandelure, and Aegislash has to use Retaliate, promptly fainting the next turn. We will not see Swords Dance again in this challenge, but King Arthur can manage just fine without it.

3 Down, 1 + Champion to go!

This episode is a bit short, and only includes 3 Elite 4 members just since i have a lot of IRL stuff rn, and want to keep everyone posted. Episode 10 will be the final episode of this series, and then there will be an Analysis update following that. See you on the flip side!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)