Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've decided to use a bunch of Pokemon I either rarely or never use the next time I play emerald so here's an OG scrambler back for some fun

I have a single rule:
- Under no circumstances will I accept challenges that are pure drudgery gruntwork. No "must solo every grass type", no "must always be the highest level", no "must exhaust all PP" type challenges. These are stupid, pointless, grind challenges that ask of no creativity. Things like "cannot evolve unless it solos Flannery" are totally fine

That might seem extreme but I've gone out of my way to take obnoxiously hard challenges before (special attacking Machop, no Evo Sunkern, etc) and I want fun quirks to spice up the run rather than things that make you want to kill yourself

Anyway here's what I'm going with:

- Exploud
- Beautifly / Banette (replacement at Mt Pyre)
- Camerupt
- Altaria
- Whiscash / Wailord (replacement at Lilycove)
- Grumpig

Have fun giving me creative/rewarding challenges!
Bumping this

Have accepted challenges for Exploud/Grumping/Whishcash/Altaria already

Considering using a Breloom/Beautifly combo instead of Camerupt/Banette

mini update time nyoom

Since Wall must solo Wulfric entirely while asleep, this fight is very RNG dependent with Sleep Talk.
Chapter update will come out soontm once the fights done, but it's looking to take a while now (I am currently on my 8th attempt).

See y'all when I run out of fresh water

Chapter 8: Two Fat Men Have a Napping Competition

these title names are so fun to come up with btw

So with Lysandre and Team Red Tux defeated (finally!) time to take on Wulfric. First though I am going to backtrack and clean up some of Explorer's whirlwind requirements.

1 hour later
Explorer now only needs 1 Grass, 1 Dragon, and 3 Steel. Ice types will get covered at the gym, and looking it up, I can exactly fulfill the requirements on Victory Road.
No need to talk about Snowbelle gym that much, so lets just talk about the napping competition.

Since Snorlax can only use RestTalk, and I only have 1 Ether, I only have 20 PP to work with. Given RNG and sleep talk calling Rest, I essentially have about 13 moves to beat Wulfric with. In order to skew the odds a bit, I go to the Move Deleter, get rid of the HMs, and pick up Heavy Slam and Power Up Punch. Lets go!

Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that each of Wulfric's 3 Pokemon are equally capable of screwing me over.

Not going to go over each run individually, since it took about 9 tries to beat this fight, so lets just talk about why.

Abomasnow: Probably the easiest of the 3 to get past, but Energy Ball has a chance to lower SpDef, which can turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs if I'm not fast enough. Ice Beam has a chance to freeze, but thats less of an issue if my SpDef is still normal. I only died at Abomasnow once, but he made Cryognal's Ice Beams hurt more.

Cryognal: Fun fact! You can take confusion damage while sleeping if you are trying to use Sleep Talk. I genuinely didn't know that before. Basically was 1HKO by both PuP and Heavy Slam, but if I had already stacked PuP's, confusion damage hurt a lot, which ended a couple runs when stacked with SpDef drops.

Avalugg: In retrospect, trying to defeat this gym with only Physical moves was a very bad idea. But I did it anyway! Silly me. I had to faint Avalugg before he could stack 2-3 Curses, as at that point both Avalanche and Gyro Ball could 1HKO. Unfortunately, this was the point in the run where Wall usually decided to seize up and call Rest with Sleep Talk, at one point wasting 5 turns in a row. I ended up having to use a Dire Hit to have any chance of getting past the Curse buffs.

So yeah, it took a while, but eventually RNG pulled through, and I now instantly regret not using Special moves in this fight.

Anyways, this episode is too short, so lets get to the Pokemon League!

On the way there, I give Snorlax Surf back, and make extra sure to skip the trainer with Sableye. Not today Satan.
Most of Victory Road goes fine, I skip trainers without Whirlwind requirements, and manage to defeat Calem using the same method as usual, but with a little more salt, since Insanity kept making Explorer use Whirlwind. Insanity solos Alsol though, so all's well and good in the hood. Arthur does faint to a Shadow Ball from Meowstic, but since he's evolving soon anyways, I'm not too sad about losing SD.

Ironically, the last Steel Type that Explorer has to WW is the last trainer faced in Victory Road. So we do that, and by hitting the Elite 4, we can now evolve Explorer and King Arthur! Time to get SD back!

Unfortunately, I have to backtrack to Terminus Cave to pick up a Dusk Stone. Rip.
I get the stupid Dusk Stone, evolve Arthur, and head to the move reminder to get King's Shield.

A little bit of shuffling items and moves around, and I am ready to take on the Elite 4! JK I'm probably gonna get stomped but I can dream.

Explorer (Pidgeot) @Charti Berry
Lv 78
Timid Nature
Keen Eye
-Hurricane
-Fly
-U-turn
-Whirlwind

It's been a long journey, but Explorer is finally evolved. The last hurdle is going to be Wikstrom. Unfortunately, Explorer has no SE coverage against Steel type, so it looks like I'm just going to have to brute force it and hope for Hurricane confusion. Charti Berry is going to be hopefully for Probopass. If that doesn't work, Ill use a Sky Plate.

Insanity (Grumpig) Damp Rock
Lv 81
Naughty Nature (seriously this fits too well metaphorically)
Own Tempo
-Rain Dance
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Psychic

Thank God there are no Dark Types in the Elite 4. Otherwise I would hate myself right now. My plan for Insanity is to use him as little as possible, b/c he just makes everything more painful. No Dark types means that I can put STAB back on, which is nice. Damp Rock is just so that I waste less turns with Rain Dance.

Cookie Lover (Swalot) Black Sludge
Lv 59
Quiet Nature
Sticky Hold
-Power-up Punch
-Yawn
-Strength
-Infestation

Cookie Lover's main job is going to be soloing Siebold. The two concerns there are Gyarados's Earthquake and Starmie's Psychic, but hopefully I can outstall with Yawn and Infestation.

Burniate (Pyroar) Flame Plate
Lv 62
Jolly Nature
Unnerve
-Noble Roar
-Work Up
-Fire Fang
-Incinerate

Only using Fire-type moves has made Burniate into the walking mediocrity of this team. The only type Burniate beats that aren't beaten by another pokemon is Steel, and Wikstom is already being solo'd. Burnout has big potential with Work Up, just isn't getting much time to shine.

King Arthur (Aegislash) King's Rock
Lv 64
Impish Nature
Stance Change
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance
-Retaliate
-Night Slash

I am so looking forward to using King Arthur tbh. If I hadn't had to use other pokemon in solos so often, this would be prime MVP material. Probably will be MVP material anyways, as Arthur is the only pokemon to have a non-Speed or HP stat over 200, with Def and SpDef 240 and 213 respectively, And with Stance change, most likely Atk will be over 200 as well. Woot. Unfortunately, the moves I am using leave no room for Steel-type STAB, but Night Slash is going to be needed to take down Wikstrom's Aegislash. Speaking of which, that fight is going to be prime mind games, as we can both probably 1HKO each other if played incorrectly.

Wall (Snorlax) Rocky Helmet
Lv 59
Adamany Nature
Immunity
-Heavy Slam
-Surf
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Not much to say here other than good job with Wulfric, keep up the napping. Surf will be nice for Malva.

Tldr: RNG hates me, I forget that Avalugg doesn't have SpDef and waste my time. But everyone evolves, so I'm happy.

I would like to start my first Scramble-Challenge soon.

-I want to play Diamond on medium.
-Please give me a starter, surfer and flyer.
-Please give me at least a second team member before gardenia.
-Try to be brief with your restrictions. Any mon with more than 4 requirements is to convoluted! It just makes it more tedious for me to play and more tedious for the readers to follow. More is less sometimes!
-Have fun.

-Try to be brief with your restrictions. Any mon with more than 4 requirements is to convoluted! It just makes it more tedious for me to play and more tedious for the readers to follow. More is less sometimes!
-Have fun.
Here take Machiavelli the Chimchar

- Machiavelli is a simple chimp, he sees something, and then he mercilessly hounds it till it can no longer move. As part of his sinister-ness when it comes to devising plots of evil, he will use the move nasty plot every time he is up against a pokemon with that he has a type advantage
- That isn't the only trick up his sleeve. He will use the very huge assortment of support moves that he surprisngly can learn. To accomodate for his trickster like attitude, he may only have 1 attacking move, and the rest must be support moves once he is able to.
- Don't be confused with his facade though, he is pretty weak on the inside. He might look threatening, but he really isn't. As a result, once there is two pokemon on the team, Machiavelli will slowly become the lowest level on the team, and he should remain that way for the rest of the adventure.

Here take Machiavelli the Chimchar

- Machiavelli is a simple chimp, he sees something, and then he mercilessly hounds it till it can no longer move. As part of his sinister-ness when it comes to devising plots of evil, he will use the move nasty plot every time he is up against a pokemon with that he has a type advantage
- That isn't the only trick up his sleeve. He will use the very huge assortment of support moves that he surprisngly can learn. To accomodate for his trickster like attitude, he may only have 1 attacking move, and the rest must be support moves once he is able to.
- Don't be confused with his facade though, he is pretty weak on the inside. He might look threatening, but he really isn't. As a result, once there is two pokemon on the team, Machiavelli will slowly become the lowest level on the team, and he should remain that way for the rest of the adventure.
Thats a nice one, stuuful12! thank you aaaaaand accepted!

stuuful12 , take z00mz00m the Starly.

z00mz00m has to go fast. All the time. z00mz00m can only battle if he outspeeds the opponent. If he doesn't, either switch or increase your speeeeed
z00mz00m can evolve once after soloing Gardenia and evolve again after learning Agility. Always keep Agility
gottagofast

Hope this fits into your challenge!

Challenge update coming later today or tomorrow!

stuuful12 , take z00mz00m the Starly.

z00mz00m has to go fast. All the time. z00mz00m can only battle if he outspeeds the opponent. If he doesn't, either switch or increase your speeeeed
z00mz00m can evolve once after soloing Gardenia and evolve again after learning Agility. Always keep Agility
gottagofast

Hope this fits into your challenge!

Challenge update coming later today or tomorrow!
Did you mean to respond to me?
As far as I know stuuful doesnt plan on doing a scramble challenge.

saggidc yep, whoops! I read you quoting his name, and wrote his name down by accident. That challenge is meant for you. stuuful12 , false alarm!
I am sorry, but thats a little to easy.
Staraptor is one of the fastest Pokemon in the Sinnoh-Dex anyway, so his first restriction doesnt really matter, making it a restriction-free Poke at level 38.
Soloing Gardenia with a Starly is to easy too, In regular playthroughs my Staravia OHKO every single Pokemon of her.

Please make it a little bit more challenging.

I am sorry, but thats a little to easy.
Staraptor is one of the fastest Pokemon in the Sinnoh-Dex anyway, so his first restriction doesnt really matter, making it a restriction-free Poke at level 38.
Soloing Gardenia with a Starly is to easy too, In regular playthroughs my Staravia OHKO every single Pokemon of her.

Please make it a little bit more challenging.
Ok, not used to making medium difficulty challenges, I went a little too hard in the other direction lol

As Starly, can only use Quick Attack and non-damaging moves (once you learn QA.)
As Staraptor, must be at (+2) (+4) (+6) Speed to attack.
You can pick which one of those to use, depending on difficulty.

Does that work?

-Have fun.
Ok, not used to making medium difficulty challenges, I went a little too hard in the other direction lol

As Starly, can only use Quick Attack and non-damaging moves (once you learn QA.)
As Staraptor, must be at (+2) (+4) (+6) Speed to attack.
You can pick which one of those to use, depending on difficulty.

Does that work?
Accepted, this is much better

Ok, I'm feeling masochistic today for some reason, so I want to start my first Scarmble Challenge

- I want to play Emerald on extremely hard, like the hardest that could possibly be
- Please give me a Surfer
- Please give at a second team member before Brawly
- You can make the restrictions as convoluted as possible, but make sure to be at least somewhat reasonable. Remember that I can't get infinite resources in Emerald. Also, I want real difficulty, not growl six times at every foe you see. Y'know, stuff I can actually complete, but still really hard

Team Members:
No evolution surskit must solo Juan and Rayquaza.

Have fun!
Now a Marill, since Newsflash swarms can take too long( though marill is probably harder because it can't learn giga drain

stuuful12 , take Amphipathic the Wailmer.

something that is amphipathic has both hydrophilic and hydrophobic qualities, which means it can both attract and repel water. When you catch Amphipathic and after every gym badge, flip a coin:

Amphipathic is now Hydrophilic! Your only damaging moves must be Water-type, and you must solo everything while surfing/diving.

Amphipathic is now Hydrophobic! You cannot use Water-type moves, and you cannot participate in battles while surfing/diving.

You get one free switch. Use it wisely!

To evolve, solo Tate/Liza (Have a trash pokemon as your only other party member, and let them faint early).

Once you reach Ever Grande City, you may pick whether to be Hydrophilic or Hydrophobic at any time, but cannot change during battle.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, I'm feeling masochistic today for some reason, so I want to start my first Scarmble Challenge

- I want to play Emerald on extremely hard, like the hardest that could possibly be
- Please give me a Surfer
- Please give at a second team member before Brawly
- You can make the restrictions as convoluted as possible, but make sure to be at least somewhat reasonable. Remember that I can't get infinite resources in Emerald. Also, I want real difficulty, not growl six times at every foe you see. Y'know, stuff I can actually complete, but still really hard
No evolution surskit must solo Juan and Rayquaza.

Have fun!

stuuful12 , take Amphipathic the Wailmer.

something that is amphipathic has both hydrophilic and hydrophobic qualities, which means it can both attract and repel water. When you catch Amphipathic and after every gym badge, flip a coin:

Amphipathic is now Hydrophilic! Your only damaging moves must be Water-type, and you must solo everything while surfing/diving.

Amphipathic is now Hydrophobic! You cannot use Water-type moves, and you cannot participate in battles while surfing/diving.

You get one free switch. Use it wisely!

To evolve, solo Tate/Liza (Have a trash pokemon as your only other party member, and let them faint early).

Once you reach Ever Grande City, you may pick whether to be Hydrophilic or Hydrophobic at any time, but cannot change during battle.

Texas Cloverleaf

Hooray, much thank
RIP me lol
Just to note I forgot that Surskit isn't natively available in emerald, you have to mix records with RuSa and then get the newsflash or trade in an egg.

If neither of these are manageable then you may replace Surskit with a Marill with the same restrictions

Chapter 9: Elite... 3?

Short update this time around since it's all battles.

Time to take on the elite 4!

Because Cookie Lover needs every last level he can get, I am going to challenge Siebold last. So I decide to go from easy to hard for the extra levels.

Drasna is up first, and provides a perfect opportunity for King Arthur to showcase his new evolution. Now knowing access to King's Shield, Arthur tears through Drasna, only needing some backup from Explorer on Druddigon. The best interaction from this was when King Arthur was outspend by Noivern while in shield form, allowing him to essentially have 60/150/150/150/150/60 stats for the turn. Balanced pokemon. That was easy, 1 down.

Instead of doing Malva next, I say screw it, and decide to do Wikstrom first.

Before walking into the room, I realize that having U-Turn on Explorer is a baaaad idea, what with random moves and everything. So instead, I use Attract! After all, all of Wikstrom's pokemon are male.

Amazingly, this fight only took one try. It was sketchy for a minute, with me accidentally healing Arthur instead of Explorer at one point, but thats ok.

Explorer led off, and managed to whirlwind all 3 of Wikstrom's non-Aegislash pokemon, living to just 20 HP with Charti berry coming in clutch. When Aegislash comes in, I switch King Arthur into a King's Shield, and begin the mind games. I get really lucky with my timing, and manage to get to +4 while taking no damage. King Arthur outspeeds, and 1HKO's with a massive Night Slash. With that, Explorer comes back in. I give explorer 2 +SpA's, so that Hurricane can do any damage, and begin the Attract spam. Being neutral to Flying, Scizor goes down in 2 hits. Klefki is a bit trickier with prankster, but Attract helps a lot. Fortunately, I get Wikstrom to burn a Full Restore here, which makes Probopass a bit easier. Probopass himself is tricky, but with Attract, and Explorer not quite getting 1HKOd by anything, I can gradually whittle Probopass down with all of the potions in the world. I have to use an Ether on Hurricane, but it is worth it.

Malva is mainly dealt with by the Surfing Wall, but an unfortunate miscalculation by me leaves Wall fainting against Chandelure, and Aegislash has to use Retaliate, promptly fainting the next turn. We will not see Swords Dance again in this challenge, but King Arthur can manage just fine without it.

3 Down, 1 + Champion to go!

This episode is a bit short, and only includes 3 Elite 4 members just since i have a lot of IRL stuff rn, and want to keep everyone posted. Episode 10 will be the final episode of this series, and then there will be an Analysis update following that. See you on the flip side!

Okay I've been lurking this thread for a while a I really want to do a scramble. I will also be combining this with the cute charm glitch so I guess it makes it a shiny scramble. I started asking for scramblemons on another site, but then I joined Smogon in the process of getting the shiny part of this scramble to work. I am looking for something easier than a NFE Jigglypuff and Micheno run I did, or in other words Pokemon that need healing after facing 2 Pokemon 10 levels lower than them. Also please nothing frustrating such as it needs to be raining, and the foe needs to be confused and paralyzed before you can attack. I can trade, get any TM from my diamond save file if you want to include one from the start for the pokemon, I have Emerald so I can catch pokemon that can be obtained via GBA insertion, and my cute charmer is a guy and the rest of my team will be girls.

I have my own rule for this run where I can only catch a pokemon if it is shiny. Anyway here are my own rules for giving me a pokemon
  • I must get a cute charm Pokemon. This will be the only Pokemon on my team that isn't shiny. It can be any Pokemon that gets cute charm in gen 4 but Skitty as I do not have access to them. (So Cleffa line, Jigglypuff line and Lopbuny)
  • The Pokemon must be able to be both genders, I will have my entire team sans the cute charm Pokemon be shiny.
  • No X Pokemon must always lead. I need my cute charm Pokemon to be first or it destroys the shiny part of this playthrough. Along with that no pokemon must solo all pokemon of x type.
  • Any Pokemon other than my cute charm Pokemon must be able to be caught in the wild.
  • Though this isn't a rule please consider that the shiny rate via this method is about 20% before giving me pokemon with low catch rates
  • Please be creative. I do not want a Pokemon that is just solo 7 gym leaders or has to use X move at the start of every battle.
  • I'll prefer if the Pokemon had a backstory to it.
  • I will accept pokemon for my team in two waves, one before the first gym and one after it. Before the first gym I will accept one cute charm pokemon and one pokemon that can be found before the first gym. Once I beat the first gym I will accept the rest of my team which will all be pokemon found after the first gym. I am doing this for two reasons. One is that I want to start this run as soon as possible. Another is to give people more time to give me scramblemons, in the event I get more pokemon than needed for the team I will chose the pokemon that is more thought out instead of given first. So instead of first come first served I am doing better quality is served until the time for giving me a scramblemon is up.

Also I think I should explain what I am looking for in these scramblemons. I am looking for creative scramblemons to constantly shake up my experience. You know, stuff such as must switch after every 3 turns, act like the battle style is always set for this pokemon and other non-switching based things. The idea of a Pokemon who's only challenge is just do x to evolve or solo x seems boring to me as after you do those things the scramble part of the mon goes away. I want to roleplay a lot in this scramble so pokemon with backstories are definitely preferred. Also I hope not to get a team with a ton of solos for major trainers/battles. I want to use my team for most of the game, not just a single pokemon.

Here are the pokemon I'm using for the scramble.
ACottontail, take this Cleffa (Recommended Name: Wish).

Sensing your intense desires for a Cute Charm pokemon, this altruistic Cleffa has come to help you and your run. It isn't required, but you should probably breed this one with Wish. It isn't necessary for the scramblemon, but from a flavor-based perspective, it is appropriate.

Wish's goal in life is to improve the lives of others, including yours, and to try to make them better people. As such, when you obtain Wish, select at least one of the following Virtues. These restrictions affect the entire party, so be warned. These also have a point value assigned to each. Be sure to remember the point value total and the number of Virtues you take. The Virtues are as follows:
  • Chastity (4 Points): Abstain from your desires. You may not use items on your pokemon. Held items are fine, but you cannot use any items on them, such as potions or X items.
  • Temperance (2 Points): Everything in moderation. None of your pokemon may use the same move twice in a row.
  • Charity (2 Points): Give freely to others. You must immediately switch out a pokemon once it drops to yellow or below, and you must heal it as soon as possible.
  • Dilligence (8 Points!): The main story always comes first! You may never buy items from stores (excluding pokeballs) or heal using Pokémon Centers.
  • Patience (4 Points): You believe that rushing in is a mistake. Your pokemon cannot use any directly offensive moves without a buff (i.e. Boosted stats, Safeguard, weather and a weather ability, etc).
  • Kindness (4 Points): Your foes should have a chance too. You must waste the first turn of any trainer battle (trying to run, using a pokeball, etc).
  • Humility (2 Points): Everybody shares the spotlight. Excluding solos, after every enemy pokemon defeated, you must switch to a different pokemon.
Wish wants for the other members of the party to succeed, moreso than themselves. Two of Wish's teammates must have evolved, and at least 4 points worth of Virtues must be taken before they can be evolved into Clefairy. All of Wish's teammates must evolve and +6 points of Virtues must be taken to evolve into Clefable.

Wish takes great pride in being supportive of others. Wish must always have at least 2 status moves (as indicated by the symbols).

Finally, throughout the course of your journey, Wish fears that they have failed in their goal, and that the others haven't improved. This comes to a head at Mount Coronet. After Spear Pillar, if you have less than 8 points worth of Virtues, you must box/release Wish. You may not replace Wish with a different pokemon.

Too hard? Virtues aren't required, and the limiting values are dropped by 2 each.
Too easy? Whenever a pokemon faints, you must swap Wish in and have them solo the mon that fainted it.
STILL too easy? Solo the Cyrus fights.
If you insist on using Igglybuff as your cute charmer, you can consider this an after-Roark mon instead.

Hope you enjoy!
Bugutar the Kricketot from Auroura_Wolf on Scratch
Kricketot / Kricketune
The rule with this Kricketot is that it must have learn all sound-based moves it gets a chance to learn. If you want to make it more difficult then also keep all the sound-based moves it knows
Nickname: Buguitar (If you want to choose your own, go for it)
My self imposed rule:Buguitar must use at least one sound based move every battle she participates in.
Anyway here are the pokemon I was given so far for the 4 post 1st gym pokemon.
Take Hot Air the Drifloon, original challenge from Wahsp on Scratch, enhanced by ACottontail

Hot Air has always wanted to be the fairest ghost type of them all. She has constantly asked her mirror who the fairest ghost type of them all was. The mirror would always answer with Fantina's Drifblim. To be the fairest ghost type Hot Air decided to only use ghost type moves, however because mono typing her moves is stupid and would leave her open to normal types, she settled for only using moves that start with the letter G,H,O,S and T. She believes that switching while the other trainer switches is only for beginners so she must act like the switch style is always set. She believes that relying on healing items is cheap so she may only use one item between trips to the pokemon center.

Because she is the trying to be fairest ghost she must prove herself. If a ghost type ever faints one of the Pokemon on the team she must solo it to prove herself. She also needs some awards to show off to prove herself. Because ghosts are beautiful and cool Hot Air must win both the cool and beauty contests and one of them in super rank to evolve.

The fairest ghost type of them all is Fantina's Drifloon according the mirror. Because of this Hot Air must solo Fantina to prove she is the fairest ghost type of them all. A NFE pokemon is obviously less fair than an evolved pokemon so she must be a Drifblim to solo Fantina. After soloing Fantina Hot Air comes to trust her trainers judgement a little more. She may use two healing items between pokemon centers after soloing Fantina. Members on her own team could be a threat to her fairness. Hot Air can never have a ghost type switch into her.
Hot Air the Drifloon from Wahsp on Scratch
Soft reset for the Drifloon at Valley Windworks (then Drifblim)
The rule: can only use Explosion Can only use moves starting with the letter G, H, O, S, or T
So moves like Gust, Hyper Beam, Ominous Wind, Shadow Ball, or Thunderbolt
Nickname: Hot Air
I added onto the challenge, and I kind of want to use Hot Air now.
Alright, since you said you wanted me to give you another one, for an after-Roark mon, take Knave the Croagunk.

Knave is a bitter and misanthropic pokemon with an unfortunate case of kleptomania. Because of this, they refuse to help others or be helped by others. You cannot use items on Knave, and you can't switch Knave in or out unless one of your mons/Knave has fainted. While kleptomaniacs commonly steal physical objects, Knave instead has decided to plagiarize your other mons. When you obtain Knave, and every gym after that, generate a random number between 1 and 5. Until after the next gym, Knave takes all possible restrictions of the mon in your scramblelist in that spot (ignoring Knave). Also, you must give Knave Snatch ASAP and never forget it. You can evolve Knave whenever, HOWEVER, you can alternatively have them solo Iron Island first.
  • IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO THE SOLO, then Knave's harsh worldview slowly softens, and they resolve to become a better mon. Change Knave's name to Knight, and replace all previous restrictions with the following:
    • Knight aspires to not be overly cruel to their fellow mon. Knight may never use super-effective attacks.
    • Repenting for anyways stealing the gimmicks of your other mons, Knight may not learn any move that any of your mons currently know.
    • To make up for how little Knight had previously done to help her teammates, she has become somewhat overzealous in her desires to protect them. During any non-solo where Knight is not in the lead, generate a number between 1 and 6. On a 6, you must switch in Knight and solo that mon.
    • To distance themselves from their previous, villainous self, Knight refuses to stoop to cheap tricks. Knight cannot use Poison or Dark type moves.
    • Finally, as penance for being so willing to make others suffer, Knight refuses to ever be in the lead, and may only fight by being switched in.
  • IF YOU DO NOT DO THE SOLO, then Knave becomes fully sure of their hatred of others, and their bad habits only get worse. Knave now plagiarizes two different mons every gym, and they refuse held items.
I may have gone a tad bit overboard with restrictions for this, but I hope it's a mon you'll enjoy.
Well parodying my other pokemon while plagiarizing their gimmicks and having character development in iron island will be great.
Take Dirachi the Misdreavus original challenge from Augie279 on Pokefarm Q, enhanced by ACottontail

Dirachi has always been quite the trickster. She has also always looked up to Jirachi. So Dirachi always wanted to a Jirachi that granted corrupted wishes. Dirachi must know Stab, and by that she means the Stab of a Dirachi, so Dirachi must always know a Dark and a Psychic type move. Dirachi refuses to accept her ghost type typing and can never use a ghost type move. Dirachi may evolve after learning pain split, a psychic and a dark type move as she is satisfied with knowing her "Stab" moves.

Dirachi is the corrupter of wishes. Because of this whenever she gets a status condition you can not heal the status for anyone in the team except with pokemon centers. Dirachi at level 28 learns pain split, a healing move. When Dirachi learns Pain Split you can never use healing items on her again. Dirachi must learn pain split and if her foe appears to have more health than she has (determined by % of health left) she must use pain split. This only applies once per pokemon faced.

Because she joined on a corrupted wish where someone will punch you in the face and yell "Pikachu all the way!" she must solo all Pikachu. Hot Air greatly annoys Dirachi by calling her a ghost type when she is clearly a Dark/Psychic type. Due to this Dirachi must solo all Dirfloon and Dirfblim not soloed by someone else to get a kind of revenge.

Sometime after the 4th gym Dirachi will start to grow close to her trainer and team. If Dirachi is in the red and knows and has ran out of PP for pain split she will finally grant her trainer's wish of wanting to heal her. Dirachi will now accept 20HP healing potions and revives, only in the middle of battles.
Gifting you a Misdreavus! Backstory is up to you.
The Misdreavus can't use moves that give STAB.
I have a pokemon to interact with Hot Air's may not have a ghost type pokemon switch into rule and I like it.

ACottontail at the risk of you spending too much time in the Great Marsh, take Petra the Carnivine.
As with his namesake (Petey Piranha), Petra was happy guzzling dirty liquids in the Marsh before you came along; it still loves playing with its food, though. You must teach Petra Natural Gift as soon as possible (Veilstone Department Store), and it can have only one other attacking move. In order to get Petra motivated again, you have to basically drown it in water. Fortunately, there’s a ready source nearby. Petra must be hit by at least one damaging Water-type move from each of Crasher Wake's Pokemon during the battle. If this is not accomplished, Petra refuses to act for the rest of the Scramble (resets are allowed). After getting its fill, Petra begins to warm up to you - it prefers to battle when it's least expected. Petra must participate in all Trainer Double Battles in which you do not have a partner. Petra eventually gets winsome for its past, spreading and devouring garbage everywhere. You should give it the chance to do so again! You must teach it Sludge Bomb as soon as possible (Galactic Veilstone Building, in the basement where you get the Galactic Key); this does not count towards its attacking moves (giving it a total of potentially 3).

Sorry if I got the gender wrong, and I hope you enjoy!
Ah yes, the final Pokemon to my scramble team. I'm happy with my current scramble team and can play past Roark now.

I have started preparations for this scramble already, here it is!
Hello I'm ACottontail and I am going to start the most boring part of this Shiny Scramble, setting up the Shiny part of it. So I load up SoulSliver to get this started. *Looks at box* Wait a minute is sliver spelt silver!? How many times have I messed up this spelling before? *Thinks back to the Delphox I nicknamed* No wonder Pokemon kept mispronouncing his name at those press conferences. Anyway I am going to need Pokemon to test the Cute Charm glitch on my Pearl save. I am going with Igglybuff as they evolve into my favorite Pokemon Jigglypuff. But yet again Igglybuff annoy me. They ruined my favorite pokemon's evolution line forever! Forever cursing Jigglypuff to evolve from Igglypuff instead of it greeting you from the egg. What's up with that!?
Anyway I start the game. There is a Drowzee following me. You know what that means? It's the modest Drowzee my sister gave me. He is my prime headbutter pokemon! Let's see what he has to say.
“ACottontail I'm a bit dizzy right now. Maybe we could take a break, but I'll keep going if you want me to.”
“Don't worry Drowzee, we are heading to a Pokemon center!” We then rested at the Pokemon center.
“Thanks ACottontail. That felt nice.” said Drowzee.
Anyway on to the important part, seeing if my younger self was sensible enough to have any cute Jigglypuffs in my PC. Looking in there I see there is no search function. Man you don't miss little things like that until you play older gens where they aren't there. Ah yes I see a lonely Jigglypuff with cute charm in box 18 of my PC. Younger ACottontail was sensible. I am kind of tempted to make her my cute charm Pokemon. But yet again she is level 17 and would probably break the early game. Anyway looking in my boxes I see I have 6 members of the Weedle line in box 1 of my PC but I only have one Jigglypuff. This is outrageous! I don't see any Dittos in there either. This is outrageous! So let's see Jigglypuff is in the Fairy egg group. Man why is the first 4 Pokemon I see from the egg group all females. Good I have a male Hoppip. I put two of my team into the PC and take out Jigglypuff and Hopip. I use my Dotrio Canmine to fly to the daycare. That reminds me. I once put a Dratiti and Drowzee together in the daycare in hopes of getting an egg. I didn't really understand Pokemon that much back then but now I do!
Anyway I walk with my partner Bayleef to the Daycare. I take such good care of my Pokemon that Bayleef is glowing with health. Wait, does that mean he is evolving? But he already is a Megaium. Is he mega evolving in a gen 4 game? I don't know. Anyway I talk to the old man who says my Ditto is doing just fine. Wait so I do have a Ditto. That actually makes sense. Anyway I ditch the Hoppip in the PC and put Jigglypuff in the daycare. Let's see how do Jigglypuff and Ditto get along? “They don't like each other that much” I can only imagine what I happening.
Ditto:“Hey lady.”
Jigglypuff:“Back away I am a lone wolf.”
Ditto:“But shouldn't we get to know each other?”
Jigglypuff:“Looooonnnnneeeee wwwwwwwoooooollllllfffffff!!!!!!”
Ditto:*Backs away* “Alright then…”
Anyway it is time I run around with my Bayleef in hopes of egging a Igglybuff of each gender, go! Argg this is taking to long.
Bayleef said “But we only walked up and down route 34 once and you are already bored? Come on! It's great exercise!”
I've never been that active of a person. While I would like to keep Bayleef following me this is taking to long. Bike time it is! I go up and down, the daycare guy fails to call me, and there is an egg! But for the second egg he does call me. Anyway I just need to hatch these eggs. While I am riding the daycare man calls me about another egg, as I am in his line of vision. Dude you could have just shouted at me. What is the point of using a phone if we are only 5 feet away from each other? Hey a girl Igglypuff's egg hatched. I am going to call you Teste. I hatch the other Igglybuff and it is a girl. Come on, I may need a guy for this glitch to work. I put Teste in the PC and I shove the other Igglybuff into there. Okay take 2. You know another thing I miss from latter gens, the Daycare man turning around when there is an egg. Also is it just me or is the text just so slow! I mean talking to the man without an egg takes so long! Wait I think the old man just turned around. So does that happen in gen 4? I am not 100% sure. Yes I hatched a guy! I named him Texte. Oh by the way both Igglybuffs don't have any attacking moves and get their first damaging move at level 9. Why. Who's idea was this.

Anyway with that out of the way it is time for part two of preparations, getting the right secret ID. Anyway looking at my Pearl cartage I see it is thinner and lighter than my SoulSilver cartage. It is also weird to get out of my DS. Does this mean that this version of Pearl is a bootleg? I don't really care as long as it works, besides I did get it for my birthday. I didn't mean to get a bootleg if it is one. I started it up before and it went to the this is the world of Pokemon speech so it must be okay enough to play. Anyway it is time to read and watch videos on how to get up this glitch. I'll try for the adamant nature group as it is +atk -Satk though I am fine with any as long as I get shinys. Also 3 is my luck number and the PID for adamant is 00000003.
So I download RNG reporter. I open it and it is not responding. That's state of the art technology for you. But after a second it works. Oh god I have zero idea what I am doing with this program, but I need to open something called pandora's box. Okay found it and wow this looks intimidating. But it will all be worth it to get so many shinys on a probably slightly bootleged version of pearl. Or maybe the people who made it got lazy while making the cartages. I don't know. Okay I am apparently using a different version than in the first video I watched, also it keeps giving me errors when I try to close it, so I close it with task manager.

I start up my totally legit copy of Pearl. Ah yes man standing in the dark. It is very nice to meet you to. Thank you for welcoming me but I already know the basics, and the not so basics, and the glitches. Ah now you turn on the lights. I guess they were off before to save electricity. How much funding do Pokemon labs get anyway? Two 10 year old kids to catch Pokemon? Everyone calls you the Pokemon professor? Does that not get confusing with Oak and Elm? No dude this isn't my first adventure, I've been playing Pokemon games since 2010. Ah it is nice to give me the option of no info needed. Cue him telling me there are Pokemon. Dude I just said there is no info needed, why are you telling me stuff any person who read the cover should know? Okay you can touch a Pokeball to send out one of his Pokemon. That is actually pretty cool. Ah yes it's a Muchlax. How much sanity did you lose hunting it down? Or did you do what any reasonable person would do and breed it from Snorelax? Still Muchlax looks cute sleeping next to the professor. Now let me start instead of yammering about the basics I already know. Aw… his Muchlax disappeared. Wait can you not tell my gender from my long flowing hair? I am a girl. Seriously why do professors keep asking me this? I thought they were suppost to be smart. I guess professor Rowan would really struggle to evolve Combee as he would keep trying to level up a male one not knowing the difference from a female. What is my name? Shiny, Shiny Glitch Pearl. But you can just use my first name. Ah yes that is my friend. Don't you know his name is Berry? Man have you ever watched the anime Rowan? Or was it Barry? I cuold nveer speel verry goood(Exaggerated misspellings done on purpose as a joke, I know there is a rule against talking like that on Smogon). Blah blah blah just let me get to the saving part already.
Okay so I'm watching tv. I heard that my shiny Gyarados Gyara was on. Darn she showed up late and didn't air. You know if you wanted to see a red Gyarados you could just call my SoulSilver counterpart about top percentage Ratatas and ask her to come. Or you could wait for the part where I catch a shiny Gyarados in this playthrough. Okay so I save.
(warning tons of researchy stuff ahead, skip to next paragraph if you don't care) Note: I was originally looking to hack for the IDs but I couldn't find any codes for it, a majority of the hacking stuff originally here was cut out as hacking is frowned upon on Smogon. If I am going to do this without hacking for it I am going to do this the RNG way. Time to reference a third video! I'm not going to link it cause language, which was banned on the site I originally typed this on so I don't have the link for it. Anyway apparently I need version 9.95 of RNG reporter and I need Eon timer. Anyway I will try for an ID of 00003. Wow I can't believe I went from wanting to do this via hacks to doing this the honest way with RNG abuse. And wow this is becoming a wall a text. Still I got to say Eontimer looks really nice. It has a Glaceon on it and it even has it's - and X buttons blend in with the background. It even has a pin tool which is super nice. I wish RNG reporter could be this nice. I think I am slowly starting to understand this thanks to Smogon. This is so confusing! I need a kirby break. *One true arena in Kirby's return to dreamland latter*. Okay I read through it and I think I almost understand what I am doing. Okay so version 9.95 of RNG reporter makes sense with the guides. Okay so apparently having 00003 secret and trainer ID is impossible. Next I try 22322. Okay so the closest I got with that is the IDs being 4000 off. I need around the 10 range in order for this to work from what I have read. This will take a while. Okay I just realized my mistake and okay I got a ton of IDs that I could use. I'm going for a 30899 trainer ID 30898 secret ID seed. I don't even need hacks to know if it worked as I know I have messed up if I don't get 30899 as my trainer ID. Okay for the sake of this glitch I need it to be in the middle of the night on June first. Makes a ton of sense I know. Okay so I have to restart my game and try again. I'll let you know in the next paragraph when I sucessfully get the trainer ID I'm looking for. My first attempt I did not have enough time. I practice naming my trainer shiny and my rival barry. Because I can not do this in 5000ish frames I go on to 7000ish frames. Okay I find one where both IDs are 38577. Take 2! It is now tomorrow morning for the stake of this glitch. After practicing typing in names some more I do the attempt. So during my first attempt I get a trainer ID of 58395. Hurray I failed horribly! Time to try again. And great the year I am typing in for the retry is invalid.

Alas I am unable to pull of the glitch. But this is not the end of this run. I will try again tomorrow.

Okay so I was given the link to the latest verison from Shiny Finder. Yes I joined Smogon just to get help setting this up. Okay take 3 let's go! Failed, try 4 go! Well I got 37379 which looks close but I bet is very far off in terms of this glitch. Okay at third I think I was 8 frames off and now I am 6 frames off. Also the SID of this will not work at all for the cute charm glitch so let's try again. Take five! Failed again. Let's see how much I missed it by this time. Okay I messed up my EonTimer. Time to go back to where I was before. I am going to keep trying with this calibration until I get it right. Take six! Wait I started the game to earily. Take seven! It's a fail. Which frame did I get to? It does not say! Anyway take 8. And I got an ID of 04331 at a frame of 1714. Wait am I doing this right? I check the seed and wow it's not even close to what I typed in. I feel like I may be doing this wrong so I reread the guide. So it turns out I have been forgetting to subtract 2 minutes from my time. Okay so none of those tries could have even gotten this, or did I forget at some point? Okay try 9. I set my Eontimer's calibration back to 600. And I forget about the first timing. Try 10. I get 47577 okay I could have either hit 6845 or 6978. Ahh I am so confused. But at the same time I sort of understand what I am doing. Try 11 let's go! And I mess up the first timer timing. Man why do I keep forgetting to wait for the first timer to finish before starting my game. Anyway let's take 12. I get an ID of 18376 at the frame of great, two numbers showed up again. Take 13. I get 01610 or a frame of 7000. Finally! Only one number shows up. This means I can finally correctly calibrate my Eontimer! My new correct calibration is 574. Okay take 14. I got 27741 or frame 7026... Okay I know I am doing something wrong here. It feels so bad to have finally got the frame you are looking for but then mess something else up to get the wrong IDs. I check where it can spawn and it is between 4/30 and 5/22. What the heck this makes no sense. Okay I found out I was doing this wrong. I was starting Eon Timer when the second hand on the DS clock when I should have done it as I set the time. Okay try 15 let's go. I hope I get it on 16 as I need 15 to recalibrate the Eon Timer. Oh I almost forgot to subtract two minutes from my time, well that would have ended in failure. Good thing I caught it. Okay I got a trainer ID of 63497 which means I hit frame 7014. Okay let's try 16. I get ID 46276 or frame either 6883 or 7002. Okay try 17. ID 61510, frame 7010. Okay try 18. I'm going to recalibrate the Eon Timer now. The timer appears to end and has it's alarm time at seemingly two different times which I feel like are throwing me off. From now on I only listen to that final beep. Come on ACottontail I got this yesterday the wrong way, I can get it today the right way. I get 03296 or frame 6996. Try 19. 63517 or frame 6916. What, what is this. I think I may have hit it a little to late, or did I? Since I think I hit it too late and somehow got an earlier delay I recalibrate eon timer. Try 20. I get 59496 or frame 7154. Okay I am way off. Maybe it was a bad idea to recalibrate Eon Timer twice. Okay try 21 will be to get a correct calibration. I set alerts to 1 so none of that pre ticking will throw me off. Okay what was that? Eon Timer Beeped like 5 seconds after the count down. I decide to test for the best sound. Okay so Eon Timer lags to beep if I put the warnings at one. Okay default 6 it is then. Wait there is the frequency of actions in millisceonds, I try setting it to one with 1 action. It still lags. Okay I close and open Eon Timer as it's beep timing is off for the first timer. Okay I am setting things to 1 beep one 1 milisecond and hoping for the best via watching the timer. Anyway try 21 go! Okay so booth beeps are inconsistent. Come on eye sight, don't let me down. I need glasses to see far, so I have wonderful eye sight. Anyway I get ID 16891 frame err. There is three results. Time for try 22. And I forget about the first timer... Try 23. ID 05938 delay 7026, with my timing off by one second. Still I just realized there are seconds for the seed finder so I can find seeds when there are multiple, and know when my timing is off by seconds. Try 24. Id 02743 frame 7008. Yay, I am getting close. Try 25. I got ID 17809, delay 7020. Okay I am getting closer. Just 3 more frames and I will get the IDs! Try 26. I get 38590. Is, is this it? I honesty forgot what I was searching for at this point except for the fact it began with 3. Good thing I wrote it down. No no it is not. I got delay 7052 and 24 seconds. Okay I am way off this time. Try 27. 26520 or frame 7022. I am getting closer. Just 2 more frames. It would be funny if it took my next attempt to get 7024 and on my next attempt get 7026, what I have been searching for this entire time. Try 28. And I forget about the first timer again. Try 29. ID 06734 frame 7049 second 24. Okay I was way off on that one. Try 30. ID 23209 frame 6970 second 22. That was to early. Try 31. 03538 frame 7028 24 seconds. Man just over. Try 32. Forgot first timer again. Try 33. ID 05938 frame 7026 second 24? OH COME ON. JUST LET ME GET THIS ID SO I CAN DO THIS PLAYTHROUGH. Huff, okay then, try 34. ID 38577, delay 2026, second 23. YES FINALLY. I finally got the IDs I was looking for. Finally, finally, I can do this Scramble!

After celebrating my victory and saving I look around my room. Let's see there is a tree in a pink pot. I think it isn't knee high. Hey look my Personal Computer. Time to spend hours looking up how to do the cute charm glitch and RNGing it. Oh wait... So I see the basics of Pokemon. Professor Rowan you already told me that, you don't have to sneak into my room while I'm not there and write it in a notepad document on my PC. I see my Wii, controlled by a wii remote game cube controller. There I fixed that sentence. But wait I use the wii remote for Kirby's Return to Dreamland's true Arena. I guess that is one of the few exceptions. I have a rug. I wonder if there is a hidden item in here. *Checks* What is this? A Masterball... drawing I did when I was 5. Boring, next. I have a bed. I proceed to clip into the side of it a bit. Oh no I bent time to my will so much space is starting to warp. I save again and head downstairs. I might have saved before but did I really save? I spent hours on getting to this point, my bedroom. Okay that sounds underwhelming without context. As I save I run into a poster, "The X button opens the menu." Wow I would have never guessed.
Mom:Shiny!
Me:Where! where?
Mom:You remember that's your own name right.
Me: Oh yeah, that was right...
Mom:Anway Barry came calling for you a little while ago. I don't know what it is about,but he said it was an emergency. Something about someone bending the space-time continuum just to get some shiny Pokemon.
Me:Heh Heh, I wonder who that could be...
Mom:Ah you know how Barry is, he ran off before I could ask him what it was about.
"Okay" I said. Okay I will come over right after I watch some TV. Let's see someone named Brooke won the cute contest. Man all they showed was a close up of the reporter saying that. Man that is boring. Anyway let me check the fridge for a snack real quick. Man it's only filled with raisin cake, Shiny's mom sure loves raisin cake. Anyway time to go outside!
Mom:Oh yes! Shiny! Don't go into the tall grass, Wild Pokemon might attack you. It would be okay if you sent out your own Pokemon to beat up random wild Pokemon you come across but you don't. So...
Me:Relax, I think I can handle a few birds, crickets and lions by myself.
Mom:You just heard yourself, right?
Me:Yep.
Mom:Goodbye Shiny! Take care! Don't go in the tall grass!

Okay so with that out of the way we all know what I should do first outside, step in the tall grass. Man life without running shoes is slow, like as slow as a Shuckle.
Man:Hiya Shiny, Barry was looking for you.
Me: Do I know you?
Man:Yeah, you should check it out.
Well I would but I am to busy wanting to poke electric lion cubs with sticks. Darn the guy won't let me through. I guess I will walk over to Barry's, with looking everywhere in town but his house first. Or at least that was my plan, until I realized no running shoes. Man you don't miss stuff until it's gone. Let me check this mailbox. "Railroad house" Alright then.
OW! Barry why.
Barry:What was that about?!
Me:You ran into me.
Barry:Oh Hey Shiny! I'm going to the lake. Come too, And be quick about it! Okay, I'm fining you $1 million if you're late.
Me: Well I probably was heading there until I got railroaded to visit you. If you fine me for being late I'll take this to court with that railroady guy.
Barry: Oh jeez! Thank you for talking to me, I almost forgot something. *Goes indoors*
Man leaving in the middle of a conversation, rude! Anyway I go into his house. Hey look a TV is on. Is that a Pokemon battle? Ooo they are doing an in depth analysis of trainers. And all they say is that they need help. Dude why waste poke to have a show on TV just to say you need help when you can advertise on some social media for free? Anyway I go up stairs. Great all he tells me is that I'll get a $10 million fine if I'm late. That is the last time I am checking to see you're alright. Every time I do you just threaten to fine me. Anyway I take a few of his wii games, go home, and hide them in the jors next to my PC. It's just that moment when you misspell a word so much that even autocorrect or the red squiggles can't fix it. Anyway now it is time to go into tall grass. Still is that railroading guy stalking Barry? Anyway I can see the grass now!
Barry: you saw that news report on TV right?
Me:Yep.
Barry:That got me thinking. Our local lake has Pokemon like that too in it, right?
Me:When I'm through with it, will.
Barry:So we should find a Pokemon like that.
Me:What do you mean we? I am the one who did research and RNGing for hours to get this cute charm glitch to work. If any one get's shinys it's going to be me, and by that I mean boxes full of them.
Anway Barry is following me now. This is the perfect time to poke a Shinx with a stick. I'll poke it while Barry is bait. We make quite a good team. Anyway my plan is foiled by Barry repeating what Shiny's Mom said every single time I try to walk into tall grass. Wait how does he know what she said? Was he stalking me? Anyway I follow the train tracks to the left.

Hey look the professor and Lucas is watching the lake. Are they enjoying sightseeing or are they full odds shiny hunting like Barry? Anyway the professor leaves his brief case behind.
Barry:Hey Shiny check it out.
Me:I see the professor's brief case! I bet there are Pokemon in there. Let's rescue them! The professor abandoned three poor pokemon in cold metal spheres. I'll take the Pipup for now and you can have the rest.
Random period swarm: Don't go in the tall grass.
Barry: are you thinking what I'm thinking. We take it quick enough that no wild Pokemon can maim us.
Me:I like that plan.
We went to the brief case. But some Starly swarmed us.
Barry: Po po pokemon
Me:Man Barry how many times do I have to tell you. Don't back flying type seed if you are going to be afraid of a few little birds.
Anyway I took the Piplup from the brief case. Oh sorry game I mean PIPLUP. This Piplup is just temporary until I start my Scramble at the first Pokemon center. Alright first battle of the game. Aw PIPLUP is kind of cute. Too bad that won't last through evolution. Good thing I'll be ditching Piplup before that happens. Anyway Piplup beat up that Starly, oh sorry game, STARLY until this battle is over. Why does the game love to shout the names of Pokemon. The Starly used growl, great my 3HKO probably became a 4HKO or something. Anyway I 3HKO Starly with health 19 remaining. Man this Piplup may be my strongest Pokemon while it is level 5. *thinks about how Igglybuff if I am given one doesn't learn pound until level 9 and Buguitar doesn't learn a non bide damaging move until level 10* Anyway Lucas is distant and just takes the brief case. But we do get to keep the Pokemon though.
Barry:You go ahead. I know we have to return these Pokemon. But I want to spend just a little more time with the little guy.
Aw that was cute. You actually care about your starter Pokemon. I was just going to get rid of mine after the first Pokemon center, or until I get Buguitar if I get Igglybuff's line. Anyway I'm going to ask Shiny'sMom to heal the one damage from the Piplup and then I will head to the next town, which hopefully has a Pokemon center so I can just start this Scramble already. Oh wait the guy who needed me to say my gender and name 34 times and his cold assistant are blocking the way. I check PIPLUP's summary and it turns out he magically healed himself after battle. Man why don't starters always do that.
Professsor:I've heard from Lucas you used our Pokemon.
Me:Yep. If you let me borrow it for a day or two I can give it back. I just need to set up this Scramble.
Professor:Very well then. Meet me at my lab latter okay? *Leaves*
Barry:Wait he didn't yell at us? Doesn't he want his Pokemon back? I guess we should go home.
So we go home. Anyway I tell her what happened. My mother says some obvious stuff, go to Sandgem town, visit professor, pretend you don't support team Skull.
Mom:Also I know put these on!
And just like that I obtained the power of running. This is great, and wait is that town really called Sandgem down. Man what kind of lazy naming is that? What's next, there is a fire bird with sharp talons, are we going to call that Flametalon. Oh wait... Anyway Shiny's Mom proceeds to read the instructions. She mentions the B button like it's nothing. What did I tell her about breaking the 4th wall?

Anyway it is time I walk to Sandgem town. I want to battle as few Pokemon as I can on the way there so there are more fights for my Scramblemons. Ah running feels so nice. I don't see how gen 4 can be slow if you can just hold down B all the time. Anyway stealth mission time. Adviod all trainers on route 201 for my Scramble team. Trainers spotted:1 Trainers fought:0. I beat up any wild Pokemon in my way just because I can. Wild Pokemon fought:1, I ran into a starly that only used growl. Talk to everyone you see the sign says. But making eye contact is how you start battles, which I am trying to avoid. Trainers spotted:2. Wild Pokemon fought:2, a Bidoof appeared. Piplup took 6 damage but grew to level 6. Trainers spotted:4, well I am just assuming every trainer not in a town is a trainer until I start the Scramble. Anyway I made it to Sandgem town with zero trainers fought.
Lucas:I've been waiting for you. I want you to come with me.
Oh no he figured me out! Oh wait the professor wants to see me. THUD! Great Barry crashed into me again.
Barry:That old dude isn't that scary, anyway I'm out of here.
Still is it just me or does Barry seem like the sort of person who would speed run Pearl. We enter the lab and the professor is in complete silence. Anyway he gifts me a Piplup. Anyway I name the Puplup Tempt.
Rowan:Your friend Barry told me about what happened in the lake. You battled rather well despite it being your first time.
Me:First time? Well excuse me. I have been battling Pokemon for at least 8 years. I know about EVs, IVs and RNGing for this cute charm glitch so if you think this is my first time.
Rowan:Erm... I entrust you with Piplup.
Lucas:I'm glad your kind with Pokemon. If you weren't well... I don't even want to think about it.
Let's see I'm going to shove this Piplup in the PC forever shortly after getting a cute charm scramble pokemon. I am very kind with pokemon... usually.
Rowan:Anyway let's move onto the main topic. There is something I want you to do for me. I want you to record the data of the Pokemon of Sinnoh for me. Can you do that?
Still I wonder what would happen if I said no... Me: Sure. And I can do you one better. I can fill the shiny dex. Anyone can complete a Pokedex, but only a few can help you with the shiny dex.
Rowan:Hm! Good answer. Wait what was that again? Could you tell me your answer 34 more times?
Me:Arrg I don't have time for this.
Anyway some talking happens. And now for the best part of Sandgem town, the Pokemon center! However I am interrupted by Lucas explaining the basics. Don't tell me that is a Pokemon center, let me use the center to test Texte and Teste as cute charmers. Also I think he is color blind. He is telling me the building with a red roof is the Pokemon center when it is orange. Or am I color blind? That would explain why so many people say people have red hair when it is orange. And he forgets to say the most important second most important thing about pokemon centers, you can trade pokemon in them. And he calls me a rookie. This is outrageous! I have been playing pokemon main series games for 8 years, if anything I am... err... I wouldn't say I am an expert because I am only okay at competitive battling but at the same time I am very far from being a rookie.
So I head into the pokemart. I buy 10 pokeballs. I only have 1000 poke but I don't remember ever using the pokemart for anything but pokeballs. Anyway I go into the tall grass to catch a Pokemon to replace with my cute charm tester. Anyway I catch a Bidoof. Wait does this violate my I unless a Pokemon can only be one gender or is genderless I may only catch it if it is shiny rule? Meh I will not even keep this Bidoof anyway and my scramble hasn't started yet. I heal my Pokemon and head upstairs. Meanwhile I boot up my Soulsilver game.
Wait as I remove Pokemon Diamond from my 3DS it also has trouble going out. I am pretty sure it is legit, I got it at Gamestop while gen 5 was out. Maybe the weird getting out of DSs thing is just me getting them out the wrong way? And I forget to turn on my 3DS's wireless stick before starting Soulsilver, darn. I usually have it off to save battery on my 3DS which is frustrating to charge. Hey look I can see myself on both screens. Man neither of me look the way they do in the other game. Anyway I trade me a random Bidoof for Texte the Igglybuff.

Anyway it is the time we have all been waiting for, the cute charm glitch. I put Texte into the first slot of my party. My plan is to run into 15 wild Pokemon and see how many are shiny to test the glitch. The first battle is a normal Starly and Texte grows to level 2. The second battle was a normal Bidoof in which Texte grew to level 3. The fith battle is a normal Starly where Texte grows to level 4. I heal. And guess what the 6th battle is, a shiny Bidoof. My hours and hours of hard work has payed off! All of this for single shiny Bidoof that is a slightly slighter color than a normal Bidoof. Okay maybe not just a shiny Bidoof, maybe like at least 30 other Pokemon too. Anyway Texte sings to the Bidoof but it misses. Texte tries again and succeeds. I send in Tempt to weaken the Bidoof. And great Bidoof wakes up. I throw a Premier ball at the Bidoof and it works! I name her Finder after Shiny Finder on the Smogon forums, the person who helped me with the RNG who made this possible in the first place. I heal and head out again. My 7th battle is a normal Bidoof where Tempt levels up to 7. Wait didn't starters learn their first elemental move at level 7. Oh well. My 8th battle is a shiny Starly. Texte uses sing. Starly wakes up and Tempt uses pound twice. I catch her and I name her Auroura after the first person to give me a Scramblemon on this thread, Auroura_Wolf. After my 9th encounter I heal. My 10th encounter is a normal Bidoof and Texte grows to level 5 and learns defense curl. My 11th encounter is another shiny Bidoof. Texte sings twice as the first one missed. Tempt uses two pounds and I catch the Bidoof. I name her Shiny? As Bidoof's shiny is just a slightly lighter pallet than normal Bidoof. Adding a ? onto my trainer's name is narcissistic I know. My 12th encounter is a 3rd shiny Bidoof. As this is a test of 15 pokemon I decide to catch her. Tempt pounds her twice and I throw a pokeball. I name her Foodib because I am getting lazy with naming. Still, wow, 2 shinys in a row. This is the power of cute charm. Still all of my shinys will be girls because for my game my cute charmer has to be a guy for this to work with my IDs. My 14th encounter is another shiny Bidoof. So she makes 4. Texte sings to the Bidoof. However she wakes up as I send int Tempt. Tempt pounds twice and I throw a pokeball. I name her Heart cause I can. She was sent to the PC. And my final encounter is... a normal Bidoof. I try to sing the last Bidoof to sleep but after 3 tackles she gets a critical hit on Texte. I flee to the Pokemon center.

Okay that is the end of this part. My final results are 5 shinys in 15 encounters. The cute charm glitch is well worth all of my Sunday and 3 hours today to set up. Anyway here are my stats for this part.
Team:
Tempt - Piplup - 7
Texte - Igglybuff - 5
Auroura - shiny Starly
Finder, Shiny?, Foodib and Heart - Shiny Bidoofs
Total shinys:5
Shiny Bidoof:4, yes I need a stat for this.

Okay so to start the Scramble I need wish the Cleffa. For this I need to get a Toegtic to level 22 and catch a Cleffairy if I don't have either already. I boot up my Soul Silver game and check my boxes. Still is it just me or is the 3DS's resolution for DS games kind of blurry. I take a Togepi and Aipom out of my PC, Togepi to train for wish and Aipom to not kill the Clefairy I find. Anyway I need a female Cleffairy to breed with the evolved Togepi, and I need to friendship boost Togepi so he will evolve. I fly to the Indigo Plateau, then Mt.Moon with Camine.

I have my Slowbro Splayeen up front with me. "So Splayeen how are you doing?" I ask.
Splayeen:Well I found this yellow feather, and well... I want you to have it. *Hands feather*
Me:"Aw thanks Splayeen!" Ah pokemon following you around in HGSS was great. I hope they have it again. I see a Clefariy! It's on the Mt.Moon art. After 6 Pokemon I find a female Clefairy. I switch in Aipom. Aipom uses scratch 3 times, then I throw an Ultra ball. Yay I caught her! I get Clefairy's Pokedex entry.

I fly to Indigo Plateau, box Aipom and pick up Clefariy. I look for a lucky egg in my bag but I just see an exp share. I equip it to Togepi and head to Mt.Sliver Silver. I help Togepi level up with my main man Bayleef. In battle 1 with a Tangela Togepi grows to level 9 and learned metronome. Bayleef also levels up to level 82. Because Rina is a lower level than him I start switching into them instead. Wait Rina? I could have sworn their name was Gia, oh well I like Rina a bit better. Battle two is with another Tanglea and Togepi levels up to 12 and could learn sweet kiss. And then I remember Togepi needs to evolve to breed. I fly to Golden Rod city to get some hair cut, and wonder how Togepi has hair. I look in my bag for EV lowering berries. I have three Kelpsy and Hondew berries so I feed one of each to Togepi. I then go to Daisy in Pallet town. But she just says her brother is away. I check Togepi's happiness and it's somewhere between 150 and 199. If I gain 5 happiness per level than by level 22 Togepi will tell me that he learns wish at level 28 instead of 22... Well then, I go back to training Togepi. In the third battle I encounter an Uraring and Togepi grows to level 14. Many battles, 1 burning and 2 paralyzings latter Rina grows to level 82. Okay Togepi hasn't evolved and he is level 27 so I get his friendship checked. The girl says Togpi is in the 200-249 range. With my luck Togepi has 200 happiness. I walk around a little as Serebii says pokemon's friendship raises that way. For my last level I will train Togepi on route 35, that will work, right? For added effect I give Togepi the sooth bell. I also give Togepi all 5 of my Proteins because I can not remember the last time I even EV trained in a generation V or lower game. Well I was training Togepi but it was taking to long so I go back to Mt.Silver. At level 28 Togepi booth learns wish and evolves!

Alright with the two Pokemon I need to breed I go to the daycare. I give the daycare man an excess Igglybuff egg. I put Togetic and Clefariy in and Jigglypuff and Ditto out. I breed the two future parents of Wish and fairy types, and get on my bike. I get an egg, and another egg. Still is it just me or does the female trainer's ponytails in Soul Silver look like deer ears from behind. I hatch a male Cleffa! With magic guard... Darn. I shove him into the PC. Still I have a feeling Wish would not approve of the way he was hatched. I hatch another male Cleffa! With magic guard... OH COME ON! I shove that Cleffa into the PC. And the third Cleffa is female of course... Well at least she didn't have cute charm. Now that would be really trolling. Guess what her fate was? I put Ditto and Jigglypuff in the PC so I can hold more eggs. The fourth Cleffa I hatched was a male! But magic guard. Seriously. Was the listing of Cute charm on Serebii a mistake? The fifth egg is a male with magic guard. I just have 4 Cleffas named Wish now because maybe one, just one of them could have cute charm. No, no they can't. I save and take a break.

Okay I'm back. I start bicycling to hatch eggs again. I put on my head phones and wow, goldenrod's music is lovely. I've had the song in my head, and now I know where it came from. I also like the song in what I believe was the ice passage. The sixth Cleffa is female... Man why have all of the Cleffa I've hatched so far have magic guard. Where is the cute charm one to grant all of my shiny wishes? And wow the bike theme is great. The 7th egg is female. The 8th egg is a male with, GASP! Cute charm! I've I've done it. Welcome to the world Wish.
Anyway Wish's stuff is as follows:
Wish, Male Cleffa
Jolly Nature
Study Body
Moves:
Pound
Charm
Wish
Metronome
I just imagine him as a Jolly little guy who is always encouraging others to do their best. He puts others before himself, walking off pain if it means helping his team. He also loves the bicycle theme as that is the song he hatched to.

There is only one thing left to do, trade Wish to Pearl. In Pearl I empty everyone but Texte into the PC. And I can't trade if I only have one Pokemon, great... I take Heart out for a moment to do this trade. I trade Texte for Wish. I put Heart into the PC. Now with all those preperations complete...
Let the Scramble begin!
Chapter 1 A Wish Away from Home and chapter 2 An encore of Sour Notes
Chapter 3 Chalkboard
Chapter 4 Nightmares from Jubilife city
Chapter 5 Ten Base Power is a Disapointment
Chapter 6 The Rock that Falls the Stars
Chapter 7 The stone that keeps rolling and chapter 8 Misunderstanding the Art of the Scramble
Chapter 9 To save a Windworks

Last edited:

Sensing your intense desires for a Cute Charm pokemon, this altruistic Cleffa has come to help you and your run. It isn't required, but you should probably breed this one with Wish. It isn't necessary for the scramblemon, but from a flavor-based perspective, it is appropriate.

Wish's goal in life is to improve the lives of others, including yours, and to try to make them better people. As such, when you obtain Wish, select at least one of the following Virtues. These restrictions affect the entire party, so be warned. These also have a point value assigned to each. Be sure to remember the point value total and the number of Virtues you take. The Virtues are as follows:
  • Chastity (4 Points): Abstain from your desires. You may not use items on your pokemon. Held items are fine, but you cannot use any items on them, such as potions or X items.
  • Temperance (2 Points): Everything in moderation. None of your pokemon may use the same move twice in a row.
  • Charity (2 Points): Give freely to others. You must immediately switch out a pokemon once it drops to yellow or below, and you must heal it as soon as possible.
  • Dilligence (8 Points!): The main story always comes first! You may never buy items from stores (excluding pokeballs) or heal using Pokémon Centers.
  • Patience (4 Points): You believe that rushing in is a mistake. Your pokemon cannot use any directly offensive moves without a buff (i.e. Boosted stats, Safeguard, weather and a weather ability, etc).
  • Kindness (4 Points): Your foes should have a chance too. You must waste the first turn of any trainer battle (trying to run, using a pokeball, etc).
  • Humility (2 Points): Everybody shares the spotlight. Excluding solos, after every enemy pokemon defeated, you must switch to a different pokemon.
Wish wants for the other members of the party to succeed, moreso than themselves. Two of Wish's teammates must have evolved, and at least 4 points worth of Virtues must be taken before they can be evolved into Clefairy. All of Wish's teammates must evolve and +6 points of Virtues must be taken to evolve into Clefable.

Wish takes great pride in being supportive of others. Wish must always have at least 2 status moves (as indicated by the symbols).

Finally, throughout the course of your journey, Wish fears that they have failed in their goal, and that the others haven't improved. This comes to a head at Mount Coronet. After Spear Pillar, if you have less than 8 points worth of Virtues, you must box/release Wish. You may not replace Wish with a different pokemon.

Too hard? Virtues aren't required, and the limiting values are dropped by 2 each.
Too easy? Whenever a pokemon faints, you must swap Wish in and have them solo the mon that fainted it.
If you insist on using Igglybuff as your cute charmer, you can consider this an after-Roark mon instead.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Hope you enjoy!
Thank you! With him I can start my scramble, and by start I mean breed a male Cleffa with wish(I was just testing cute charm with an Igglybuff). Still I am taking the to hard and to easy options because honestly I see Wish having to avenge everyone easier than having to place restrictions on the entire party. Still I have a question for patience does a debuff for the foe count if a Pokemon doesn't have any self boosting moves yet?

Also I have been thinking about Hot Air. I thought up of an even better challege for her that still incorporates what she already is. Anyway.
Take Hot Air the Drifloon
Hot Air has always wanted to be the fairest ghost type of them all. She has constantly asked her mirror who the fairest ghost type of them all was. The mirror would always answer with Fantina's Drifblim. To be the fairest ghost type Hot Air decided to only use ghost type moves, however because mono typing her moves is stupid and would leave her open to normal types, she settled for only using moves that start with the letter G,H,O,S and T. She believes that switching while the other trainer switches is only for beginners so she must act like the switch style is always set. She believes that relying on healing items is cheap so she may only use one item between trips to the pokemon center.

Because she is the trying to be fairest ghost she must prove herself. If a ghost type ever faints one of the Pokemon on the team she must solo it to prove herself. She also needs some awards to show off to prove herself. Because ghosts are beautiful and cool Hot Air must win both the cool and beauty contests and one of them in super rank to evolve.

The fairest ghost type of them all is Fantina's Drifloon according the mirror. Because of this Hot Air must solo Fantina to prove she is the fairest ghost type of them all. A NFE pokemon is obviously less fair than an evolved pokemon so she must be a Drifloon to solo Fantina. After soloing Fantina Hot Air comes to trust her trainers judgement a little more. She may use two healing items between pokemon centers after soloing Fantina. Members on her own team could be a threat to her fairness. Hot Air can never have a ghost type switch into her.
Well I added onto Hot Air's challenge to make it more interesting. With my modifications I actually want to use Hot Air now.

Last edited:
Thank you! With him I can start my scramble, and by start I mean breed a male Cleffa with wish(I was just testing cute charm with an Igglybuff). Still I am taking the to hard and to easy options because honestly I see Wish having to avenge everyone easier than having to place restrictions on the entire party. Still I have a question for patience does a debuff for the foe count if a Pokemon doesn't have any self boosting moves yet?

Also I have been thinking about Hot Air. I thought up of an even better challege for her that still incorporates what she already is. Anyway.

Well I added onto Hot Air's challenge to make it more interesting. With my modifications I actually want to use Hot Air now.
Only if they haven't even had the opportunity to gain one. If they have had any opportunity, then no

Okay now that I was given a cute charm pokemon and a pre 1st gym pokemon I can begin the scramble. I updated my first post here with part 3 of preparations which is pretty much breeding Wish.

"Alright I need a cute charm Pokemon." Shiny said to herself. Being allured by the legend of shiny pokemon she needed a partner who could help her catch them. Sure she was given a Piplup, however he did not have cute charm, nor could be a shiny. Shiny started pacing outside of Sand Gem town. Why is it so bright out? It is 8 'clock at night? The sun burned Shiny's eyes. Shiny wasn't paying to much attention to where she was going and accidentally walked into some tall grass. Right then a shiny Bidoof attacked!

Shiny Bidoof counter: 5

"Alright I can deal with a little Beaver. Bring it on Bidoof." Shiny said making fists Just then a Cleffa jumped in between the trainer and the shiny Bidoof.
"Both of you stop fighting! Why don't the two of you just talk things out?"

The Bidoof tackled the Cleffa in response.

'Alright I didn't want things to have to come to this, but if that's the way you want to play things." The Cleffa wiggled his finger. Green orbs flew from the Bidoof to the Cleffa. He used mega drain. Cleffa healed one damage. Bidoof tackled the Cleffa again. The Cleffa's words started getting to the Bidoof. She gained a small crush on the star pokemon. The Cleffa pounded on the Bidoof. The Bidoof stood in awe as the Cleffa appeared to be chanting something. Cleffa wiggled his finger and an ominous wind blew by. The Bidoof didn't notice however. Just then an orb of light flew onto Cleffa and appeared to heal him. The Cleffa pounded on the Bidoof. The Bidoof tackled him in response. Cleffa wiggled his finger and began to reed Bidoof's mind. Tackle, love Cleffa, Tackle, love Cleffa she was thinking. The Bidoof and Cleffa charged at each other with a tackle and pound. The Bidoof tackled the Cleffa again. Cleffa mud bombed the Bidoof. This was it. One hit from either side would end the fight. Would love save the Cleffa that was defending Shiny? Yes, yes it did. Cleffa beat the Bidoof with a pound. The Cleffa was tired from his fight, but appeared to level up two levels.

Shiny pokemon encountered:6
Shiny pokemon caught:5

"Wow! You protected a complete stranger. That is very kind of you." Said Shiny. She smiled at the Cleffa's kindness, and at the fact she had so many shiny Bidoof she let one faint. That's right, she let a shiny faint.
"Pant, no problem... I'm glad to help..." The Cleffa fell down.
"Cleffa!" shouted Shiny. She saved to make sure she wouldn't run into any more wild pokemon, then rushed to the pokemon center. "Nurse Joy please heal this Cleffa!"

Nurse Joy took the injured pokemon and placed him on a machine. In a second the Cleffa got up. "Here is your Cleffa. We hope to see you again!" Shiny took the Cleffa outside.

"Are you okay? Who are you? My name is Shiny?" Asked Shiny.
"Hello Shiny? it's very nice to meet you! My name is Wish, Wish the Cleffa. Don't worry I'm great! I should be the one asking if you're okay. It's dangerous to go into the tall grass without any pokemon."

Shiny's mom's words echoed through her head Don't go into the tall grass without a pokemon, ooo, boo ooo. "Don't worry I'm good. I wasn't the one who got tackled by that Bidoof. Still it looks like you came rather close in that battle, how long have you been battling for?"
"Actually that was my first battle. I was born yesterday after all. What brings you out to the tall grass anyway?" Still it was unbelievable, a very niche in battle use ability actually helped this Cleffa win his first battle.

"Oh I was looking for a pokemon to go on my journey with. One with cute charm in fact." Said Shiny.
"Hey I have cute charm! But what is a journey?" asked the young Cleffa.

"Well a journey is where a trainer sets off with some pokemon to explore the world, make some friends and partake in many battle challenges. Would you like to go on a journey with me?" Shiny answered.
"You got me at make friends! Let's go make friends with all of the pokemon in the world!"

"Okay!" And then Wish the Cleffa joined Shiny's team. "So first I should go tell my mom about me leaving on a journey."
"Okay! You lead the way!"

The two walked onto route 201. With her first pokemon Shiny felt conferable to talk to all of the maybe trainers on route one. "That ledge is one way!" Well duh, I have poor climbing skills so I probably can't get up waist high ledges. "If your pokemon's health gets low you should go to the pokemon center!" I know this already. What's next, a trainer tries to teach me how to walk. "If you press the control pad you can walk!" Yes, yes it was next. "Avoid wild pokemon from staying away from tall grass." Well actually you have to avoid water and caves too. Shiny said "Seriously Wish, do you believe people are telling us the basics we already know? Who doesn't know this stuff?"
"I didn't. In fact I find it interesting." Wish twiddled his stubs.

"Oh sorry Wish, I forgot for a moment that you were born yesterday." Shiny answered. The duo successfully made it back to Twinleaf town without running into any wild pokemon. Shiny stood in front of her house. "This is it. My house... I'm telling my mother about my journey, and I won't see home for a while. Heh, heh, it's kind of hard to believe."
"Well I think your house is very nice! Let's go inside. I want to see how it looks like!" The duo stepped inside.

Shiny:"Um... Mom, there is something I want to tell you."
Mom:"What is it Shiny?" She saw Wish. "Aw what a cute pokemon you have there."
"Thanks."
Mom:"Are you and your cute little pokemon healthy. You should take a quick rest."
Shiny:"Well... Mom..." Shiny had an unconformable look on her face.
Mom:"What's up Shiny?
Shiny:"Professor Rowan asked me to fill in the pokedex. So mom, I'm leaving on a journey."
Mom:"Wow. Professor Rowan asked you to do something that big. Okay dear, go for it! Your mom's got your back!"
Shiny:"Thanks mom."She rubbed her arm.
Mom:"Oh I know! Shiny, I've got something that you'll find useful. Here take this journal. In here you can record your dearest memories."
Shiny:"Thanks mom."
"Wow a journal? I love how it looks."
Mom:"Gee, a journey full of adventure... I envy you kiddo. Plus you're not alone. You have your cute Cleffa with you. I wish I could go instead!"
Shiny:"Wait what about that journey full of pokemon contests? You know, the ones you told me about when I was a kid. You even have that scrap book on it."
Mom"I'm just joking, dear! Yup, Shiny! I'll be all right with only my Glameow, so you go out and enjoy your adventure."
"Ha ha ha! That's a great joke! [small]I don't get it...[/small]"
Shiny:She gave a smile. "Thanks mom. I want to have one last look at my room before heading out." Shiny began crying a bit.
"Are you okay? You appear to be crying."
Shiny:"Don't worry wish, I'm fine. I just have to get over the fact I'm leaving home for a while. It's a little hard now but I bet I'll do better after we set out in a little while."
Mom:"When you're exposed to new things, and experience new sensations... It makes your mother happy too... But come back sometimes. I would love to hear all of the experiences you have on your journey, and the kinds of pokemon you've caught dear."
Shiny:"Don't worry mom, I will."

Just then Barry's mom barged into the room.
Barry's mom:"Excuse me. Is my little Barry here?"
Mom:"Oh? No, he's not..."
Barry's mom:"Oh... Then, he must have left already... What to do... That boy shouted about going on an adventure, then he bolted.
Shiny:"You know Barry, he is always going as fast as a speed form Deoxys."
Barry's Mom: "He's so headstrong and reckless... I at least wanted him to take this..."
Mom: "Not to worry, Shiny will deliver that to him. Won't you Shiny?"
"We promise!"
Shiny:"Yep, forget about the only person in the room who supports the mighty team skull."
"Team Skull? Who's that?"
Mom:"Oh they're some boy band of thugs Shiny want's to join... And they are kind of a bad influence..."
Shiny:"Mom! How many times do I have to tell you team Skull is not a boy band. Besides I don't see a group of loiterers who aggressively dance at people are a bad influence."
Gets out a clipboard. "Adding that to the list..."
Barry's mom:"I know you have a petty habit of stealing minor things like candy bars or Barry's Wii games which you hind in your jors. But Shiny, please please please take this to Barry for me. You're the only one I think who can." (Arg! Muelly still can't spell that word!) Barry's mom handed Shiny the Parcel.
Shiny:"Fine, but only if you prevent him from taking me to court."
Barry's mom:"You know he was joking about the fines thing. Well at least I'm pretty sure he was.
Mom:"Bye bye, Shiny! Enjoy your adventure!"
Barry's mom:"Let me think... Knowing my boy he would probably head straight to Jublilife city... Ok, please take that to Barry."
"Okay we're taking the parcel to Barry, yay!
Shiny:"Let me just peak inside..."
"No! We promised to take it to Barry, and we will honor that promise."
Shiny:"I don't remember promising."
"Please Shiny?. Kindness is a virtue and we must honor what we promised and deliver this to Barry!"
Shiny:"Alright... Fine I won't peak inside the package. Come Wish, I want to take one last look of my room before leaving."

This was it, the last time Shiny would see her room for a while. She saved. Wish poked around the entire room in awe. Shiny carefully inspected every area of the room. She picked up various objects reminiscing about the times she spent with them. Shiny walked over to the red carpet right before the stairs. She took one last look of her room and walked down the stairs. Shiny walked outside and looked at her house. Shiny slowly walked on the path out of Twinleaf town, she looked everywhere she could from the path. "Let's go wish, on to our journey."
"Okay so what are we going to do first?"

"I'm thinking of going to route 202, maybe look for some pokemon there." Shiny answered.
"Okay, you lead the way!"
Shiny and Wish were on route 201. The two ran to Sandgem town with excitement to see what more was out there.

Just then a normal Bidoof ambushed them! "Okay wish let's go! This is our second battle together. Use Metronome!"
"Okay! But wait why does this Bidoof look a little different than the one we saw earlier?"
"Well this is a normal Bidoof. The one you battled earlier was a shiny. I've heard that pokemon with cute charm lure shiny pokemon out much more easily than any other means." Said Shiny.
The Bidoof tackled Wish. The Bidoof picked up on Wish's kind aura and fell in love. Wish wiggled his finger and used icicle spear. Like that 3 icicles formed in Wish's stubs as he hurled them at the Bidoof. "Oh okay! Do they come to me because I'm so kind?"
"Yep." Shiny answered. "They come to you because your kind and cute. Anyway Wish use metronome again!"
"Wait, wait, wait. A pokemon needs temperance. Everything is better in moderation. Using a move to many times in a row isn't good for a pokemon." The Bidoof tackled Wish. He responded with pound.
"Okay? I don't see anything wrong with using a move twice in a row. Anyway Wish it looks like you are in the yellow zone, you should use wish to heal." By now Wish only had half of his health. By luck the Bidoof would be lovestruck with Wish to not attack him.
"Well I deeply believe in my Virtues. I think they're good for every pokemon to follow." Bidoof tackled Wish again. Wish began chanting something. The Bidoof tackled Wish. Just like that Wish fainted.
Shiny panicked, she dropped 28 poke. She ran to her mother for help. Losing to a level 3 Bidoof with a level 3 Pokemon, how humiliating. "Mom, mom! I need help! Wish, he, he fainted!"

Mom:"Oh my dear! Rest Wish down on your bed, I'll get some oran berries."
Shiny rushed upstairs with Wish in her arms. "Don't worry, everything will be alright." Shiny told him. Shiny placed wish on her pillow and tucked him in. Shiny's mom came in with some oran berries and fed them to Wish.
Mom:"Shiny, what terrifying pokemon have you encountered to make Wish faint like this?"
Shiny:"A Bidoof."
Mom:"Shiny this isn't the time to be joking."
Shiny:"No seriously mom, Wish fainted from a Bidoof. I think that Bidoof had high IVs, it did 4 damage per hit when Wish was level 3 instead of the 3 the Bidoof Wish first thought at level one."
Mom:"Shiny, the outside world sounds dangerous. Are you still sure you want to go on your journey?"
Shiny:"I'm sure mom."

Shiny waited nervously for Wish to wake up. She tried to calm herself with Kirby's Return to Dreamland's true arena but it didn't help much.

One hour latter.

"What... What happened?"
"Wish are you okay? We were battling a Bidoof when it tackled you and made you faint."
"Don't worry Shiny? I'm fine. Still I'm a little weak. Could I have some more oran berries?"
"Sure thing, sure thing Wish." Shiny answered. Shiny walked down stairs with Wish in her arms. Shiny asked for some oran berries for Wish and her mom gave Wish a plate. Everyone watched TV while Wish ate.

MC:"Here we are! It's contest Digest" Shiny never really liked this show. A majority of it was the MC's face being recorded while she blabbered on about random pokemon in vague detail. "The winner of today's normal rank tough contest is Dominic, who overwhelmed with his awesomely buffed pokemon!" They didn't even acknowledge that multiple contests of every rank happen multiple times a day. "That's all we have time for today! Let's meet again!"
"Ah, thank you Shiny? and Mrs.Pearl. I feel much better now! Shiny? I'm ready to go back onto the road."
Mom:"That's wonderful! Now Shiny, please take good care of Wish."
Shiny:"Don't worry I will mom." The duo headed outside.

Shiny and Wish were on route 201. "Okay we're going to try this again. Are you ready Wish?"
"I sure am!"
They walked to Sandgem town.

Just then a shiny Starley ambushed them. "Okay Wish this time we need to be more careful. Wish use metronome!"
Wish nodded. He wiggled his finger and used metal burst, which failed. The Starly growled at Wish, Wish pounded on Starly. The Starly tackled Wish. Wish wiggled a finger and fired 3 missiles from his body.
"Okay Wish, you should try using Wish before the Starly's next two attacks can faint you." Shiny said.
"Okay!" Wish started chanting something. The Starly growled at Wish then tackled him. Wish wiggled his stub and used wake up slap. Wish's wish came true and healed him. Starly growled at Wish. Wish pounded on Starly only doing one damage due to the growls. Wish wiggled his stub. He used leaf blade and sent the Starly to the red zone. Wish finished the Starly off with pound. "Yay we did it!"
Shinys encountered:7
Shinys caught:5
"We sure did. Come on Wish, let's go to Sandgem town." After one step they were ambushed by a different normal Starly. "NOOO! OH COME OH" Shiny shouted.
"Don't worry it shouldn't be too bad." The Starly tackled Wish. Wish chanted something. The Starly tackled Wish again, Wish pounded back. Wish was healed by his wish.
"Okay Wish here is what we should do. You should alternate wish and pound. If you are growled a lot start using metronome. Got that?" Said Shiny.
"I got it!" Starly tackled Wish. Wish started to chant something. Starly used tackle and Wish used pound as his wish came true. The battle went like this for 4 turns. Just after Starly fell in love with Wish she growled at him. With only one health left to the Starly Wish wiggled his stub and used flare blitz. Wish leveled up to 4. "Hey I think I can learn Encore, should I learn the move?"
"I think you should learn it over charm." Shiny answered.
1, 2, ... and poof! Wish forgot charm and learned encore! "Yay! I can't wait to cheer another pokemon on!"
The two talked to Sandgem town and healed at the pokemon center. "Okay Wish I think we should train a little. How about we train on that patch of grass on route 201 until you're level 6?" Said Shiny saving.
"Okay! Sounds like a plan!"

The duo walked to route 201 to start training. They talked to a pokemart man who gave them a free sample potion.
"Thank you kind sir!"
The training begun. They encountered a normal Bidoof, a normal Starly and a normal Bidoof before becoming level 6.

"So Shiny I'm level 6? What should we do now?"
"I guess go to route 202, Shiny answered.
Wish the Cleffa - level 6
Pound
Encore
Wish
Metronome
22, 9, 9, 9, 12, 8
Virtues: Kindness, Humility, Temperance
Too easy and too hard options
Wish is my MVP and my LVP. Maybe it has to do with him being my only pokemon. Anyway wish and metronome have come in handy. I'm glad I took the time to breed them or else I would have probably lost to more than one level 3 Bidoof. I currently have wish and metronome as Wish's two status moves, and I'm really glad I have them. Carefully judging when Wish should heal to prevent fainting is fun. I'm glad I have to think things out this early in the game. Metronome adds fun randomness to battles. Right now I have kindness, humility, temperance as the Virtues on my team however I may drop temperance when and if I get Hot Air as I want to try a stockpile pokemon[small](I only need 6 total Virtue points to with the too hard option)[/small]. At first I was actually really upset that I got a scramblemon that placed restrictions on my entire team. But then I read what I put for what I'm looking for in a scramblemon "I am looking for creative scramblemons to constantly shake up my experience" and what better way to do that than with one that affects the entire team. I'm okay with the Virtues now. Still I can't wait to see what discord they could cause my other pokemon down the line. Such interesting drama potential.

Anyway next time I'll catch Buguitar. You might have noticed that the images for the sprites I'm using have white background and are from cubeupload. This is because in the place I wrote this first that is one of the very few accepted image hosts there, and I use MS paint.

Since no one has posted since I wrote this post I am going to edit in chapter 2 into here. I have fixed the minisprites for Buguitar.
It was getting rather dark. "Wait what is this?" Shiny asked herself. There was a clock that had the numbers 1 to 24 on it. Shiny realized the reason it was bright at 8 earlier was because it was 8 o'clock in the morning, not night.
"What do you see Shiny??"
"Nothing much. I just realized that these parts use 24 hour time. Anyway let's head out." Answered Shiny. There were beautiful constellations out that night.
"Ooo now that I think about it those stars kind of resemble shapes. Like those three are a triangle!" Wish pointed to some starts in the sky.
"Um... Wish... I don't really know where your pointing. There are many triangles of stars, like that one, and that one." Shiny responded.
"Oh. Well just try to find the one that I see!"
Shiny pointed up to a random place in the sky. "It's that one." She said.
"Yay, you found it!"
Shiny was surprised. Did she accidentally point to the right place or did Wish just think that she pointed to it. "Anyway Wish let's go, to route 202."

Shiny and Wish passed some trios of flowers on their way to route 202. "Wish I think we should try to add someone to our team."
"Yay a friend! Who is it?! Who is it!?
"I'm not sure yet." Shiny answered. "I guess I'll know it when I see it."

Just then they were interrupted by Lucas.
Lucas:"Shiny, do you know how to catch a Pokemon?"
Shiny:"Maybe. Why don't you check my pokedex?" Shiny shoved her pokedex into Lucas's face.
"Shiny? that isn't very nice. Besides I don't think I've seen you catch a pokemon yet."
Lucas:"No? I'll demonstrate how to catch one, so just watch, ok?"
Lucas rad into a Bidoof. It's not like shiny already has 4 shiny Bidoof or anything. Shiny sighed boredly during Lucas's capture tutorial while Wish watched with interest.
Lucas:"And that's how it's done."
Shiny:"You know I already had Bidoof in my pokedex, right? Did I not show it to you?"
Lucas:"Actually I should have lowered the target's HP some more."
Shiny:"Or you could have used sing to but the target to sleep. Or spore since it's 100% accurate."
"Sing? I want to hear a sing! What kind of song is sing anyway?"
Shiny:"It's some sort of lullaby Wish."
Lucas:"But the most important thing for me when catching pokemon is to lower the Pokemon's HP as much as possible. Putting them to sleep also helps but none of my pokemon know sleep inflicting moves. Here Shiny, I'll give you five pokeballs to get you started."
Shiny:"Wow thanks Lucas. I thought you were just going to lecture me on something I already know. Thank you for these pokeballs."
"Thanks Lucas. That's very kind of you."
Lucas:"If you have lots of pokemon with you, you'll be able to travel farther. That way, you'll have a better shot at meeting more pokemon. See you around!"
Shiny:"Umm... Okay? Bye Lucas!"
"Goodbye Lucas! Thanks for the helpful tips and pokeballs!

Lucas left, leaving Shiny and Wish alone together. "Um... So let's look for some pokemon." Said Shiny. After saving the two walked around in the tall grass. The first pokemon they met was a shiny Starly.
"Will this Starly be our new friend?" The Starly tackled Wish.
"Erm... no." Replied Shiny. Wish took the Starly out in 2 pounds and 2 metronomes that called mean look and bug buzz. They walked around some more.
Shinys encountered:8
Shinys caught:5
"What about this Kricketot?"
"I am a very interesting pokemon. Yesterday I added another chapter to the book I'm writing, the history of dust." said the normal Kricketot.
"Nah, this Kricketot looks boring." Answered shiny. Wish defeated the normal Kricketot with 2 pounds and 1 metronome that called leaf storm. They walked some more, they encountered a normal Kircketot. Wish wiggled his stub. Wish got an idea for a beautiful song.
"Take a melody, simple as can be, give it some words and a sweet harmony, oh today how love grows now, sing a song about, love oh love." Wish's song put the Kricketot to sleep. "So that is what sing is. I like it! I would like to learn it. Can I learn it Shiny??"
"Well yes you can, next level actually." Shiny answered. Shiny was in a dilemma. For flavor purposes she needed Wish to keep encore to maybe help her get her next pokemon, but at the same time the only move that wasn't worth keeping was encore. Shiny knew what she had to do. "Um Wish maybe we should avoid battles for a little bit. To help keep your energy for making a new friend."
"That is a great idea! It isn't very nice to attack pokemon when they are taking a nap anyway. Bye Kricketot!" The duo fled.
The duo walked some more, along their walking they came across a normal Shinx, a shiny Shinx! "Okay Wish we are catching that Shinx."
"Ooo, hello new friend!"
"Umm... Wish it's not because I want to travel and make friends with the Shinx during my journey, it's that I want the pokedex data and umm..." Shiny knew she had to say something Wish would approve of "Erm... it will keep the pokemon in my PC company?"
"Oh okay! Though the Shinx looks kind of scary." Wish's attack fell. Wish began with Metronome. He grew roots. Shinx tackled Wish. With the roots Wish gained he healed some health. Wish pounded Shinx. Wish chanted something and was tackled. Wish pounded Shinx and was tackled back. Wish's wish came true and healed him to 1 from full health, then ingrain finished the job.
Shiny threw a pokeball. The Shinx was caught. The Shinx was named Hitmonleet, after the person who gave the scramblemon of Wish.
Shinys encountered:9
Shinys caught:6
"Yay we did it! What now?"
"Let's go to the pokemon center, we should heal you and store Hitmonleet into the PC." Suggested Shiny. The two went to the pokemon center.
"Ah, I fell rested. Anyway let's get back out there and look for friends!" Shiny and Wish headed back to route 202. They ran though some tall grass. They encountered a normal Starly, a shiny Bidoof, a normal Kricketot, and a normal Bidoof.
Shinys encountered:10
Shinys caught:6
Shiny Bidoof counter: 6

"GroOlolOlolOloloLoWow" a ear piercing growl struck in the air.
"What was that?" Asked Shiny covering her hurting ears.
"Hello! Who are you?"
"Who am I? I am a Kricketot musician, Buguitar." Some horrible dying violin sounds came from her.
"Ooo, could you play me something?"
"I might. Though I don't really think you want to hear them..."
"Come on! Don't be shy. I want to hear you play."
"Alright then... I'm going to fail so badly..." Wish chanted something. A horrible off key voice came from Buguitar.
"That was great! Come on, I want to hear it again. But something different this time as I don't want you to strain any vocal chords."
"Um... Um... Okay? Great now I have to make something up on the spot." Nervousness built up inside Buguitar. Wish encored Buguitar in hopes of hearing her sing again. Wish's wish came true but it didn't do anything.
"Is it over?" Shiny asked uncovering her ears. She saw the shaking Kricketot.
"Shiny? could we make friends with Buguitar, she has a great singing voice."
It was something about the way that Kricketot had a panic attack that charmed Shiny. "Okay we can make friends with her. Wish you should use a non-damaging move like Wish until the bide is done."
"Yay! Buguitar did you hear that!?" Buguitar was standing in place, shaking from nervousness. Wish began chanting something.
"Ahh!" Buguitar flailed her arms and shouted, but nothing happened. Wish used pound to weaken Buguitar a bit. Buguitar looked around for a second, before the pressure came crashing back it. Wish began chanting something.
"Buguitar are you okay? Would you like to join us?
"Um... um..." Buguitar tried to get the words out. Wish used pound to make Buguitar a little easier to capture if she wanted to join. "Yes."
"Wait what did you say?"
"You... you actually enjoy my music? Do you?"
"Why of course Bugitar! I think it's wonderful!"
"Yes."
"Okay! So let me just throw a pokeball." Said Shiny searching her bag. She found one and threw it at Buguitar. Buguitar willingly went in.
"Yay! A new friend!"
"Welcome to the team Buguitar!" Cheered Shiny. "So I should probably heal you guys up first"
"I... I would like some healing..."
The trio walked to the nearby pokemon center.

Shinys encountered:11
Shinys caught:7
Buguitar, lv 4, Naughty nature, hates to lose. Growl, Bide. Has a crush on Wish, wait what?
New rule! Due to Wish's kindness Buguitar has growing a crush on him. Whenever she is in a double battle with him she must use Sing or the closest thing if she does not know sing to try to impress Wish. Whenever Wish faints Buguitar must switch in to try to avenge him.

Buguitar was amazed. Wish, the first pokemon to ever complement her vocal skills. She wanted to be with such an encouraging pokemon. It would be a nice change."So... um... what do we do first?"
"Well first of all we are going to route 202. You can have your first battle since joining our team!" Shiny answered.
"Ooo! I want to see you battle!"
"Real really? Um... Okay then! Let's battle something!" The trio walked into route 202's tall grass. A Bidoof appeared.

"Oh Arceus, oh Arceus what am I suppost to do." Buguitar started having a panic attack.
"Just that." Shiny answered, "Use bide." The Bidoof tackled Buguitar twice in her panic attack.
"Hiiiyyyaaa!" Buguitar flailed into Bidoof. Bidoof lost over half her health. "Oh wow, I, I actually did something." Buguitar was impressed from herself. "Okay... I guess I'll do it again!"
"Wait!"
"W what?"
"You should moderate your own moves. It can't be healthy to spam the same move over and over again. Temperance is a Virtue you know."
"Okay?" Buguitar wanted to impress Wish. It was a good time to practice her voice anyway. Buguitar used growl. The Bidoof tackled her. Buguitar did what she thought she did before, try to have a panic attack. Buguitar waited for the Bidoof to tackle her. Buguitar waited, and let all her bottled emotions out on the Bidoof. The Bidoof was weakened, but so was Buguitar.
"Don't worry I'll help you!" Wish took a tackle for Buguitar. Wish chanted something then stopped shielding Buguitar.
Something calming and soothing came over Buguitar, she was healed. Buguitar taunted the Bidoof with a growl. She then used bide again. Striking the Bidoof felt great. Buguitar watched as the Bidoof fell over and fainted. Buguitar felt powerful. She checked her stubs. "I... I did it! Thank you for healing me Wish!"
"Your welcome! I'm happy to help you Buguitar!"
"Anyway Buguitar I think we should heal you, and help you get to level 5." Said Shiny
"Um... Okay!"

The trio healed then walked back to route 202 to do some training. Buguitar battled a Shinx with wish support from Wish. In fact Wish leveled up!
"Yay, I think I leveled up. Wait, something is coming to me..." 3, 2, ... poof! Wish learned Sing and forgot encore. "I think I know a song now." "Take a melody" Wish sang in a beautiful voice.
"Wow, Wish, you have, you have a beautiful singing voice."
"Thank you Buguitar! I think that you'll level up soon. Maybe you'll even learn this song too! By any chance would you like to practice singing together?"
"Sure, I, I would love to."

"Take a melody,"
"Grrrrrooooooowwlwlwlwwl growlowoww"
"Simple as can be,"
"GrrRrrRRooOORowlrwLWo"
"Give it some words and a sweet harmony."
"gRrrroRLorweRLWORLW"
"Oh today how love grows strong now,"
"GRGlwrglwrglRGROWlrwo"
"Sing a song about, love, oh love"

Shiny wasn't sure whether to cover her ears from Buguitar's parts or try to listen to Wish's parts.
"So Buguitar how do you think we did?"
"You did great Wish. But I just did terrible..."
"Don't say that Buguitar. Sure your voice may be a little shaky now but give it some time and it will grow even better!"
"Thanks Wish."
"So guys..." Shiny started. "If your done confusing my ears maybe we could do a little more training with you Buguitar? Maybe we should try a battle without Wish's support."
A battle without Wish's help. Buguitar's heart started pounding.
"But I'm more than ready to help! I'm glad to do it."
"That is very kind of you Wish." Shiny said, she faced Buguitar. "Buguitar, you need to learn how to battle a single pokemon on your own. I won't always be able to switch in Wish to heal you. But don't worry, I'll heal you after very battle for now."
"Fine..." Buguitar didn't want to stop having Wish help her in battle, he didn't want to lose, but he wanted to impress Wish. And to a much lesser extent Shiny.

The trio healed then walked back to route 202. A wild Starly appeared.
"Um... are you sure? That is, that is a flying type."
"Relax Buguitar the Starly doesn't even know any flying type moves." Shiny replied.
"Buguitar I believe in you!!!"
That was all Buguitar needed to hear. She gathered all her emotions, then let it all out. She did about just above half of the Starly's health. Starly and Buguitar growled at each other. Buguitar looked at Wish to see him cheering her on. Buguitar started gathering her emotions again. She let it out and the Starly was in the lower yellow zone. She growled while taking a tackle. Buguitar was on 7 health left. She gathered her emotions. She could lose. The Starly could faint her and make her lose. She really didn't want that. She hated that losing feeling. Growl... Tackle, she charged at the Starly. She growled in panic. 4 more turns until she fainted. If bide takes 3 turns than that should just be enough... The suspense got to her. Growl... Growl... NO! Bide did nothing. Buguitar growled back. A tackle of course. Buguitar was in the red. She hoped and bided she wouldn't faint. Growl... Tackle! Buguitar let it all out! She charged at the Starly with all her might! She loved the feel of power. She could feel it flowing through her. She leveled up to 5. "I... I did it. WOO!" She fell back.
"Yay! You did it Buguitar! You even leveled up! This is great!"

Shiny picked up Buguitar. "Okay so we should probably get you healed." The trio walked to the pokemon center then back to route 202. "Okay this is it guys. It is time we see what is past the first patch of grass in route 202!"
"Yay! I can't wait to see what is on the other side!"
"Is it safe?"
"We will never know if we don't check!" answered Shiny.
"That isn't very reassuring."
The trio walked into the first patch and past it... was another bigger patch! They walked in to be ambushed by a wild Starly. "Okay Buguitar you are up!" said Shiny.
"Why is it always me?" Buguitar and Starly growled. Buguitar collected her emotions. Tackle... Growl... She let it out! It barley did anything... "Aw..." Buguitar was disappointed.
"Don't worry I got this!" Wish took Buguitar's place in the battle. He pounded, then metronomed a aromatherapy. The Starly was really intent on growling at everything. Wish pounded again. He then metronomed a Belly drum.
"Erm... that is bad Wish. You will need that health for up next. Maybe you should wish Wish?" said Shiny.
"Okay!" Wish proceeded to chant something. He sung so it would take effect. "Take a melody..." but Wish was interrupted with a tackle. Wish was healed to almost full health. Wish finished the Starly off with a pound.

Up ahead the trio saw a guy wearing a blue cap, a red shirt and some sweet blue shorts that were easy and comfy to wear.
"Hello kind sir!" Wish went up to the guy.
Tristan:Your a pokemon! That must be your pokemon trainer. I happen to be a pokemon trainer! Our eyes met, so battle we must!

It was then the first trainer battle of Shiny's journey started. "Okay so Wish first of all use pound!" Said Shiny.
"But our foes should also have a chance. Kindness is a Virtue after all. I think Tristan should have a free turn."
"Um... Okay? That won't ever end in us losing. But how should I waste a turn?"
"Maybe you could try to run away, or throw a pokeball."
"You had me at throw a pokeball." Shiny turned to face the trainer. "In the name of team skull I throw this pokeball at your Starly!"
Tristan:"Don't be a theif. Besides that won't do anything to my Starly."
Shiny threw the pokeball. I harmlessly bounced off the Starly.
"Okay now it's fair. So what should I do first Shiny?" Shiny looked at Wish's health. He had 16/24 health which meant Starly's attacks did 6 damage per hit. Wish would be finished if he didn't use wish now.
"Wish I want you to alternate wish and pound." Shiny answered.
"Got that Shiny!" Wish started chanting something. It was then it happened. Starly landed a critical hit.
"That's it! I'll avenge you Wish!" Buguitar started with a growl. Starly growled back. Buguitar gathered all of her anger. Wish had been so kind to her, and this Starly had the nerve to faint her? This was unacceptable! Tackle that missed... Quick attack... Quick attack... Buguitar in a stormed and let her anger out on Starly. She growled to honor Wish's wish for temperance. Luckily Buguitar was only growled back. She gathered all of her anger again. This was it, she had to finish it Growl... Quick attack... Quick attack... In a storm of rage Buguitar fainted the foe's Starly. Buguitar leveled up. "That is what you get when you mess with Wish." She said angrily.
Tristan:"Too strong! Too strong! Take my poke!" Shiny was given 80 poke.
"Sweet cash." Shiny said staring at the gold coins in her stand.
"Why you little... Shiny we need to heal Wish!"
"Agreed." The trio headed to the pokemon center running away from any wild pokemon. "Please nurse joy heal my pokemon!" Nurse joy placed Wish's pokeball and Buguitar onto a machine that healed them. After they were done healing Shiny asked "Are yo..."
"Wish are you okay? When you fainted I got so worried."
"Don't worry I'm good Buguitar! Thanks for asking."
"...u okay Wish..." Shiny Finished. "Anyway today was rather eventful, you joined our team Buguitar, we battled a trainer, we are still at Sandgem town."
"Well soon we can go further into route 202. I wonder how deep that route is. Yawn..."
"It shouldn't be to deep Wish." Shiny answered. "There should be a town on the other side."
"Yay... That... sounds..." Wish started to fall asleep.
"Awe, I guess we can sleep for the night." Shiny picked up Wish and placed him on a pillow in the pokemon center.
"I guess I'll also call it night..." Buguitar went on another pillow.
"Goodnight Wish, good night Buguitar." Shiny set her self on a couch and went to sleep.
Wish the Cleffa - level 7
Pound
Sing
Wish
Metronome
24, 9, 10, 10, 13, 8
Virtues: Kindness, Humility, Temperance
Too easy and too hard options
Wish is currently my MVP. His wish has really come in handy for healing the team. He is the easiest pokemon to use on my team as he doesn't have too wait 3 turns to attack a pokemon.
Buguitar the Kricketot - level 6
Growl
Bide
21, 8, 11, 8, 9, 8
Buguitar takes forever to use right now. She nearly fainted to those wild pokemon without Wish's help. I can't wait until I get Fury Cutter where I don't have to wait 3 turns to attack. Still Buguitar can't really fight too weak pokemon as she tends to only do 2 or 4 damage to them with bide, and she can't fight to strong pokemon as they will defeat her before she can finish bide. I am actually thankful for that critical hit on Wish as it greatly sped up the process of Buguitar getting to level 6 which is only 4 levels away from 10. Still you might have noticed I added some rules to Buguitar during this chapter. This is because I felt like they were little personality quirks that would build more character. I may add more in the future. It depends if anything comes up that would fit one.
Still it's just that moment you realize that after 2 chapters you are still in the same town where you started.
Anyway that's chapter 2. I still need 2 pokemon for after the 1st gym so please give me scramblemon for then, otherwise this scramble will kind of get stuck once I beat Roark.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)