SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

From what I've heard the streamer is rushing, skipping what they can.
14 hours seems about in-line with previous entries in that case.
I've rushed previous generations and I don't remember them being this fast.

Rushing and skipping while being 3 to 5 lvl over gym 7.
In HGSS, I defeated every trainer (fled every wild battle though) and my team of 6 was almost 10 lvl UNDER the first pokemon in Lance's team in the first league.
Generation 2 runs will always lead you to being underleveled without grinding, and they didn't change that in HGSS.

PSA: Streamer is grinding with all the captures and pumped the starter full of Rare/Exp. Candies. Not to mention he uses it so much it's borderline soloing the game.

Level curve is not as bad as previous entries.

Is this a joke ? The streamer just won Gym 7 and is at Gym 8 not even 20 minutes later.
Nope. It's a bit like Unova. City (Gym) -> Route -> City (Gym).

Honestly ridiculous imo.

Sandaconda got hit by a contact move and it spawned Sandstorm. Huh.

It being used in the Dragon gym makes me wish it was Ground/Dragon. Oh well.

Last edited:
What do we understand of the streamers ambitions of datamining his/her game?

By now, the community (them included) would be so much wiser on a lot of key issues like egg moves, stats, evolution method, toxtricity mystery, TM/RM learn set and many more..

What do we understand of the streamers ambitions of datamining his/her game?

By now, the community (them included) would be so much wiser on a lot of key issues like egg moves, stats, evolution method, toxtricity mystery, TM/RM learn set and many more..
I think if they had the ability to rip or datamine the game they would have already.

14 hours in and being done with Gym 7 seems ridiculous to me.
I cleared XY in about that time on my first play, and I certainly wasn't rushing the game.

Literally every game with gyms had the final boss and often the cover legendary between 7th and 8th tho. What happened to 2 hours of smashing goons, rematching evil team admins and getting story progress?
Comes later in the game, and IMO it's not a bad thing. The evil teams are a lot more interesting than becoming the league champion and the stakes are higher, so ending the plot just before the 8th gym means the game feels effectively over too early. BW is the rare and pleasant exception that corrects this pacing issue, and postgame episodes sort of do aswell. These games are borrowing a lot from gen 5, and this correction seems to be one of those things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)