SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Apparently Pursuit and Hidden Power are kaput now.

Not complaining about the latter as it gave special attackers an unfair advantage (and it leaving makes breeding not a chore). But Pursuit surprises me...
Hidden power was one of the last things that made breeding necessary and annoying, not too sad yo see it gone, hopefully with the new tms being lower powered moves most mons who relied on it will get new options.

Ghosts and psychics will appreciate the removal of pursuit. Now knockoff just needs a nerf again :P

At very least the let's go signature moves didn't make it to swsh.

...I hope they didn't nerf spectral thief...

Thanks GameFreaks. That's unironically something i've been wanting for a while.

SoftResetting is officially dead.
Yeah, this is one removal I can't complain about.

Now you can simply look for Perfect IVs and nature just to not spend money on Caps and Mints.

Not that it's a huge deal or anything, but why would heart stamp and heal order be cut? It's not like twineedle, who's user isn't in the game. Vespiquen and Swoobat are both in. Just a bit strange to me
By the looks of it, almost all moves that got removed were either
- Old/Redundant (like Sonic Boom or low BP barely-used ones)
- Event moves of event pokemon
- Zmoves
- Weird unintuitive mechanics (Hidden Power)

I am however baffled by the removal of Return/Frustration, expecially of Return. I hope normal types that can't learn Double Edge get something new, else rip Mega Sal... ah wait

So can we catch alola starter ? Or other legendary monster form other region ? Or that only work with home transfer ?
So far seems pointing to being Home transfers only, but might need confirmation from the datamining.

So can we catch alola starter ? Or other legendary monster form other region ? Or that only work with home transfer ?
I'll make a safe guess: the Alola starters and legendaries, as well as the Kanto starters apart from the gift Charmander, are transfer-only.

No clue about the Unova legendaries though. They are SO out of place...

The sprite sheet, assuming the order isn't mixed up somehow, does seem to give us an ordering which doesn't quite match up with the order in the Galarian dex. The rest of the sheet is in National Dex order, so I assume the Galar part is as well?

With no Return/Frustration, physical Normal Pkm have lost a strong, reliable STAB move. Hmmm...
Sky Drop didn't make it as well, which, honestly, surprises me because it can be quite useful in VGC.

I don't really get Heal Order. It's Vespiquen's signature move, and it didn't make it.

At least, more Pkm made it into the dex than thought. Incineroar, while excellent in VGC, will make Arcanine pretty much obsolete, however.
Also, gigamax Snorlax and Orbeetle sure look interesting!

No clue about the Unova legendaries though. They are SO out of place...
Are they really.

They're knight horsemen.

The game takes place in basically UK. Knights of the round table.... :)

I don't really get Heal Order. It's Vespiquen's signature move, and it didn't make it.
It's a redundant move, does the same as many others (Vespi still gets Roost to say one).

I do understand flavour, but moveset bloat is a thing and having to keep porting several moves that do exactly the same with different name and animation is agreeably an annoyance at some point.

I beg to differ. I'll be resetting for personalities I like! :D (Nature and Characteristic combos)
Game design-wise it is a garbage move. It’s so unintuitive to figure out how manipulate it, many Pokémon MUST have it or they’re garbage, and even if you do know how to manipulate it you have to do a tedious breeding grind to get the desired version.

Hopefully they feel like they can expand move pools of some special attackers now that it’s gone.

Hidden Power's removal means that, movepool revisions notwithstanding, Heliolisk is better than Jolteon as a fast Electric-type special attacker as it has something to strongly damage (or rather, not tickle) Ground-types with.

And that's really nice.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Game design-wise it is a garbage move. It’s so unintuitive to figure out how manipulate it, many Pokémon MUST have it or they’re garbage, and even if you do know how to manipulate it you have to do a tedious breeding grind to get the desired version.

Hopefully they feel like they can expand move pools of some special attackers now that it’s gone.
I agree that it's good you don't have to reset for anything. I just like resetting for anything, including pointless stuff. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)