SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Galar Corsola looks like it'll make a good mixed wall with eviolite. 60/100/100 bulk with strength sap looks fairly good. Also has the typical will o wisp that most ghosts have, but can also set up screens, rocks and calm mind. Seems quite good.

, but can also set up screens, rocks and calm mind
And Ghosts tend to be immune to rapid spin :smogthink:

So is this all the moves the mons can learn? Or is there will potentially more? (like egg moves)
Those are all the moves they can learn.

There's potential for very few exceptions (es, Draco Meteor, rotom appliances special moves, whatever way Duralodon learns Steel Beam, the starters special moves) but that's about it.

That's... a good question. It doesn't look like it, there's no evolution note under Meltan in the pastebin like there is for other mons, so it seems like its evolution may still be Pokemon Go exclusive and you need to transfer over from home?
Which in turn implies that Gigantamax is more likely to apply to all Melmetal transferred in this way, unless the Gigantamax Melmetal is meant to be event exclusive... but then, they seem to be removing event exclusives from the data.

I can't get over how much better Appletun is compared to Flapple. The former gets a solid stat distribution, a good defensive movepool with decent offensive options and two great abilities. Flapple on the other hand has a terrible stat spread, no way to hit Steels at all (why does Appletun get EQ but not Flapple >_>) and an unreliable HA.
For what its worth, Hustle gives Flapple the highest attack of any Dragon-type (with hustle, Flapple has 478 attack with a neutral nature, while Mega Rayquaza has 459).

dunno about that. honestly think dragapult has tons of potential as well.
DD set with baton pass is going to be so goddamn annoying.
I think this thing might kind of be like an SD+BP blaziken with speed boost.
Either way, I'm def trying out DD+BP set for dragapult
Not sure if I can agree with the comparison between Dragapult and seed boost Blaziken, but I see what you are trying to say. I didn't say Dragapult is bad though.

Zacian will suffer from 4MSS.
Sacred Sword is your best bet against Zamazenta, Close Combat against many steels like Excadrill, Crunch against Aegislash... You still lack coverage against many mons, like Corviknight. A move like Fire Fang might be interesting for its secondary effects which make stalling him harder and you get more power with Dynamax.
Behemoth Slice (or whatever the sig move is called)/Play Rough/Sacred Sword/Crunch will do fine.

It can forgo Crunch to take Swords Dance at the risk of having a tougher time vs Aegislash, but its attack is so monstrous (effectively base 250) that it doesn't really need to boost to destroy everything in its path.

Not sure if I can agree with the comparison between Dragapult and seed boost Blaziken, but I see what you are trying to say. I didn't say Dragapult is bad though.
Not bad, its stats are pretty good and it can land some good hits with the Signature - but still, it misses some important things like a good physical Ghost STAB (at least not as "easy" to counter as Phantom Force) and some coverage. Personally, I think Acrobatics, Steel Wing and Psychic Fangs are a bit to less for good coverage.
Still love that thing, one of, if not my favorite Mon this Gen.

Zacian will suffer from 4MSS.
Sacred Sword is your best bet against Zamazenta, Close Combat against many steels like Excadrill, Crunch against Aegislash... You still lack coverage against many mons, like Corviknight. A move like Fire Fang might be interesting for its secondary effects which make stalling him harder and you get more power with Dynamax.
Zacian will get banned inmediatly, it has no purpose in OU so I don't know why are we talking about hitting Excadrill.

+1 252 Atk Mawile Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 544-640 (150.2 - 176.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 204-240 (56.3 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zacian deals 56 to 66% with playrough if it switch in, yes, in a resisted hit, with no SD. Base Zacian.

Fire Fang destroys him too.

+1 252 Atk Mawile Fire Fang vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 394-464 (108.8 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

In fact, if you are going for the SD set, you don't need Fire Fang nor Sacred Sword, because Play Rough destroys it. Yes. Play Rough. Look at this:

+3 252 Atk Mawile Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 402-474 (111 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Mawile Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Blade: 300-354 (92.5 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

(+2 Assuming you get King's Shielded or 1 time Intimidated after initial boost + SD).

Corviknight is setup fodder, it can't do nothing to Zacian.

TM Weatherball is very interesting, and Leafeon gets it! Sure, it has bad SpA, but with Sun and Life Orb, it can actually threaten Ferrothorn and some other Steel Pkm! The fact it gets Solar Blade is another plus!

TM Weatherball is very interesting, and Leafeon gets it! Sure, it has bad SpA, but with Sun and Life Orb, it can actually threaten Ferrothorn and some other Steel Pkm! The fact it gets Solar Blade is another plus!
Still, Venusaur is going to love Weather Ball more then Leafeon, but I see your point

Just because it would get banned to Ubers, doesn't mean Exca couldn't be present in Ubers.
Tyranitar and Exca are still a menace.
Exca isn't a counter. A counter is a Pokémon that can reliably switch in and either kill the opponent or force him out by winning the 1v1. A Pokémon that, as a check, gets blown up by literally anything that Zacian's clic is what it is. Also, if we were assumming a 1v1 scenario with Sand Rush, why would we even bother in calcing if Excal would outspeed Zacian 100% of the time and hit him with EQ.

Just because it would get banned to Ubers, doesn't mean Exca couldn't be present in Ubers.
Tyranitar and Exca are still a menace.
I don't see Tyranitar having a niche in ubers. Half of the existing ubers ignore sandstorm damage, and Tyranitar just doesn't have enough bulk to survive there when Zacian, Zamazenta and Necrozma-DM can effortlessly annihilate it.

It might be used to set weather for Excadrill, which can then outspeed and land SE hits on a LOT of ubers.

I'm really liking Rillaboom. I know everyone's preoccupied with Cinderace's craziness, but Rillaboom is really versatile thanks to its movepool, stat distribution, and Grassy Surge. It seems like a worse Tapu Bulu at first glance, but it has a few perks that Tapu Bulu didn't have, such as U-turn, Knock Off, and its signature move, Drum Beating. It can run a variety of sets well, such as CB, boosting sets (SD/Bulk Up), Assault Vest, Leech Seed sets, etc. It brings a lot of unique elements to the table that no other bulky grass type has this generation.

What are we thinking about Zen Mode Galar Darmanitan?
Problem with original Zen Mode was that it slowed Darmanitan down while also switching Atk with SpA, which made the first 50% HP almost useless ( except with a weird mixed set I guess).
This Zen Mode doubles down on Atk and Spd which makes it a lot more appealing. Of course you have Gorilla Tactics against it, but I think that Zen Mode is a lot more usable than before since it can only benefit you and is a bonus and not a weird work around.

Excadrill typically sees Ubers play, hence why it was mentioned.

Let's see.

It was mentioned in the context of being something you need specific cover to deal with. You dont need coverage to deal with Excadrill, it blowns up with anything Zacians click. That was the context of the conversation.

If we were to asume that SS is up and Excadrill is ALREADY in the battlefield, why would we even talk about covering drill if, in said scenario, Zacians will get rekt by EQ 100% of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)