SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Likely really bad. Its too slow for even a +2 boost to make it faster than most mons, and its defense is so low it will probably die to most physical moves so it cant take advantage of weak armor. Its definitely not living any supereffective attack, so scratch weakness policy.

Was exploring options for the Nickit line and have to say I'm disappointed. There's no hope for using its physical movepool with 58 base Atk and then there's its usable 87 base SpA for a Nasty Plot set + Dark Pulse, coverage, Focus Sash and Unburden. Still, that's nothing to write home about... Then I thought well maybe it can make a name for itself with FEAR shaningans with Thief, Quick Attack, Parting Shot, and Ende- oh wait it doesn't get that! :[

Any other ideas for the Galarian fox?

How well do we expect Boltund to perform with its 90 attacking stats and 121 speed?
Its only way of boosting its offences are Howl (and Competitive although its special movepool is barren) so I don’t think it will be fantastic.

That being said, its speed is fantastic and it makes good use out of Strong Jaw. Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch and Play Rough manages perfect neutral coverage. So it could perform quite well in say UU depending on the meta, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Ooooh it also gets Bulk Up...

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Its only way of boosting its offences are Howl (and Competitive although its special movepool is barren) so I don’t think it will be fantastic.

That being said, its speed is fantastic and it makes good use out of Strong Jaw. Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch and Play Rough manages perfect neutral coverage. So it could perform quite well in say UU depending on the meta, so we’ll have to wait and see.
It still hits really weak (90 Attack with a below 90 BP STAB), there’s better electrics for UU like Galvantula probably. It’s about as good as Zebstrika or base Raichu imo, which means it will be bad

Likely really bad. Its too slow for even a +2 boost to make it faster than most mons, and its defense is so low it will probably die to most physical moves so it cant take advantage of weak armor. Its definitely not living any supereffective attack, so scratch weakness policy.
What items would synergize really well with this Pokémon?

Got a question for morpeko. Since its signature move changes type each turn, could you get away without having a dedicated electric or dark move, to allow yourself to have even more coverage moves? Sure you may not always have that se attack needed, but with your speed raising each time its used it would be worth it i think?

If thats the case, how would be the best way to use it? Physical attack focused, shame it doesnt get any physical boosting items.

Aura wheel, psychic fangs, ice fang/seed bomb/fire fang/parting shot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)