SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Some random stuff I tested because of discussion in om...
(these are "unique" moves to a specific legendary) bolt strike, sunsteel, moongeist, and secret sword are usable on anything, roar of time, and diamond storm is not. I think the trend is stuff that is learned by pokemon present in the game can be used.
Judgment is normal type with the electric plate, not usable.
I'll try to either test other moves tomorrow, or just look at the actual move files and see if there's any trends.

So I was going over who learns what on Serebii and I noticed Appletun doesn't get DD? Could've sworn it did based off the data dump. How's Appletun looking for competitive?

So why does Rillaboom have access to his HA, but not Cinderace? Jw, I don't have a copy of the game. Boom is my fav anyway, so I'm not complaining at all haha

Last edited:
Some random stuff I tested because of discussion in om...
(these are "unique" moves to a specific legendary) bolt strike, sunsteel, moongeist, and secret sword are usable on anything, roar of time, and diamond storm is not. I think the trend is stuff that is learned by pokemon present in the game can be used.
Judgment is normal type with the electric plate, not usable.
I'll try to either test other moves tomorrow, or just look at the actual move files and see if there's any trends.
This confirms that the "CanUseMove" is relevant to being able to use moves.

Here are all the moves that have CanUseMove set to false. Moves that weren't listed in the original list of cut moves are in bold.
Karate Chop
Double Slap
Comet Punch
Razor Wind
Jump Kick
Rolling Kick
Twineedle
Sonic Boom
Dragon Rage
Meditate
Rage
Barrier
Bide
Mirror Move
Egg Bomb
Bone Club
Clamp
Spike Cannon
Constrict
Kinesis
Barrage
Lovely Kiss
Bubble
Dizzy Punch
Flash
Psywave
Bonemerang
Hyper Fang

Sharpen
Conversion
Sketch

Spider Web
Nightmare
Conversion 2
Aeroblast

Feint Attack
Foresight
Milk Drink
Return
Frustration
Sacred Fire
Magnitude
Pursuit
Hidden Power
Smelling Salts
Assist
Refresh
Snatch
Secret Power
Camouflage
Tail Glow
Luster Purge
Mist Ball

Mud Sport
Ice Ball
Needle Arm
Odor Sleuth
Silver Wind
Grass Whistle
Signal Beam
Sky Uppercut
Water Sport
Psycho Boost
Miracle Eye
Wake-Up Slap
Natural Gift
Embargo
Trump Card
Heal Block
Wring Out
Lucky Chant
Me First
Punishment
Heart Swap
Mud Bomb
Mirror Shot
Rock Climb
Magnet Bomb
Captivate
Chatter
Judgement

Heal Order
Roar of Time
Spacial Rend
Lunar Dance
Crush Grip
Magma Storm
Dark Void
Seed Flare

Ominous Wind
Shadow Force
Telekinesis
Flame Burst
Sychronoise
Chip Away
Sky Drop
Bestow
Heart Stamp
Steamroller
Head Charge
Searing Shot
Techno Blast
Relic Song
Fiery Dance

Rototiller
Ion Deluge
Diamond Storm
Steam Eruption
Hyperspace Hole
Powder
Geomancy
Oblivion Wing
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
Land's Wrath
Light of Ruin
Origin Pulse
Precipice Blades
Dragon Ascent
Hyperspace Fury

All the Z-moves (I'm not writing out them all)
Shore Up
Ice Hammer
Floral Healing

Spotlight
Toxic Thread
Revelation Dance
Core Enforcer
Beak Blast
Dragon Hammer
Fleur Cannon
Shadow Bone
Nature's Madness
Mind Blown

All the Let's Go partner moves

Interestingly, Accelerock and V-Create are still flagged as true.

Ok, here is something very strange. Eevee's LGPE-exclusive elemental moves have undergone significant stat changes, and then have been cut from the game.

Buzzy Buzz, Sizzly Slide, Bouncy Bubble -> 60 Power, 100 Acc, 20 PP
Glitzy Glow, Baddy Bad -> 80 Power, 95 Acc, 15 PP
Sappy Seed, Freezy Frost -> 100 Power, 90 Acc, 10PP
Sparkly Swirl -> 120 Power 85 Acc, 5PP

Ok, here is something very strange. Eevee's LGPE-exclusive elemental moves have undergone significant stat changes, and then have been cut from the game.

Buzzy Buzz, Sizzly Slide, Bouncy Bubble -> 60 Power, 100 Acc, 20 PP
Glitzy Glow, Baddy Bad -> 80 Power, 95 Acc, 15 PP
Sappy Seed, Freezy Frost -> 100 Power, 90 Acc, 10PP
Sparkly Swirl -> 120 Power 85 Acc, 5PP
I'm like 90% sure Gamefreak cut moves just to save time with animating them. Everything we've seen points to a game that was rushed to be completed before Christmas. They probably originally planned on transferring everything but for whatever reason stopped halfway through.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
This made me think: Has any evidence been uncovered of Pokemon possibly having been planned/partially developed for the game but not present?

I'm not talking the extra 35 that are fully implemented and part of the so-called "foreign" dex. I mean traces of Pokemon with 0 presence at all. So, as a hypothetical example, updated texture maps for the Sinnoh starters or TR distribution data for Pokemon not in the game

Man, I want to try copperajah...I'm thinking I might wait for UU to form first, or try trick room. From an initial glance he reminds me of something along the lines of mega camerupt, but with the way dynamax just overpowers bulkier Pokemon idk what its value will be rn. I'm going to try a chople set and see how it works out for me lol

So i cant get any answers on this anywhere. I was teying to get some pokemon early through max raid battles, but so far i have had nothing but 1 star raid battles. Do i need to do something to unlock higher rated raid battles to unlock those other pokemon. Pokemon like farfetched, dreepy, the little ice moth, and Hatern. They seem to be 2 star fights.

Also, does anyone have a listing of the locations of the dens? Both here and serebii say den numbers but no where i can find in or out of game says where each den is
It is quite frustrating when looking for pokemon.

Last, can you save before using a star rock thing to repopulate a den, then reset if the pokwmon you want doesnt appear?

I can´t believe I didn´t notice until now:

Zacian = za+cyan
Zamazenta = za+magenta

Anyway, as someone with several Ribbon masters projects (Gengar from gen 7, Chansey and Dialga from gen 4 and Banette from gen 5 - from which only Gengar got in SWiSH), I have to ask: are there any ribbons in this game?

I can´t believe I didn´t notice until now:

Zacian = za+cyan
Zamazenta = za+magenta

Anyway, as someone with several Ribbon masters projects (Gengar from gen 7, Chansey and Dialga from gen 4 and Banette from gen 5 - from which only Gengar got in SWiSH), I have to ask: are there any ribbons in this game?
There are three new ribbons: the obligatory ones from beating the league and the Battle Tower, plus a third that requires you to reach Master Ball Rank in the online ladder for any given season, at which point the ribbon will be given to the Pokemon on your team. In addition, there are 45 "marks" which are treated similarly to ribbons but only seem to be obtainable one at a time on freshly caught random encounters, and you have the option of setting any given ribbon or mark as a favorite on your Pokemon. If you do choose a favorite, it receives an honorary title which will be given along with its nickname any time you send it out in battle.

There are three new ribbons: the obligatory ones from beating the league and the Battle Tower, plus a third that requires you to reach Master Ball Rank in the online ladder for any given season, at which point the ribbon will be given to the Pokemon on your team. In addition, there are 45 "marks" which are treated similarly to ribbons but only seem to be obtainable one at a time on freshly caught random encounters, and you have the option of setting any given ribbon or mark as a favorite on your Pokemon. If you do choose a favorite, it receives an honorary title which will be given along with its nickname any time you send it out in battle.
Ok, thanks for the reply. :-) Shame most of my Ribbon masters are gonna miss those. But at least I´ve got my Gengar.

So have we confirmed if sheer force negate secondary effects for more power on dynomax moves? I'm sure we have, I just can't find the answer anywhere LOL.

I spent 45 minutes watching 8th gen battles and every single one of them ended with a Dynamax sweep.

It looks like a ton of fun and I am excited to play but... what a badly balanced game mechanic.

Edit: to be fair Showdown is glitchy and it's too early to say for sure.

Last edited:
I played a little and didn't find Dmax too overwhelming, but I don't think the mechanics were completely ironed out. I'm pretty sure on Showdown Choice Band was giving my Conkledurr a boost when it was in Dynamax, as it 2HKO'd a Toxapex with a fighting move lol. Most of the moves don't increase speed though so it's not that hard to revenge kill or just Dynamax one of your own Pokemon to neutralize theirs. I haven't come across a lot of weather teams so maybe those are pretty overwhelming though.

Also...Galar Corsola is a pretty ridiculous Pokemon. It has everything it needs to succeed. Strength Sap was giving me full heals even from stuff that didn't invest in attack, like Ferrothorn. Even Cursed Body is a good replacement for Regenerator because it's kind of busted on a defensive mon.

I played a little and didn't find Dmax too overwhelming, but I don't think the mechanics were completely ironed out. I'm pretty sure on Showdown Choice Band was giving my Conkledurr a boost when it was in Dynamax, as it 2HKO'd a Toxapex with a fighting move lol.
Showdown is being updated as new things are discovered. Give it a week or two until we can make sure the mechanics are accurate enough.

Just confirming this - Sir Duxalot just got 3 crits, 2 KOs and no level-ups and he just evolved.

Also, the Leek/Stick does boost Sirfetch'd's crit rate.
Oh thats really good. So best to use stick to level them up. And afterwards Leek may be a very soild hold item.

Should i try to level up the duck fast or any moves worth getting before?

I also know it can get scrappy, but where is the den that drops farfetched?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)