Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I heard that dynamax weights weren't loaded in the simulator and this is why the move is failing.
No, weight-based moves are supposed to fail against Dynamaxed Pokemon. This is intended.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1012332480

Damage calculations for Max Flutterby are not working with Cutifly. Same happened with Max Starfall Seems to be the same base power as bug buzz.

Damage calcs seem to be correct for Centiskorch and Crustle.
Dynamax overrides the effects of Choice Specs. It is highly possible that the damage output is the same because Choice Specs boost is nearly the same as Max Move's BP. Can you verify if your Ribombee was Specs?
In the endgame, a scarf Keldeo attacked before a +1 Malamar, meaning it properly outsped. However, after the Malamar dynamaxed, the Malamar went first. Not sure what is causing this inconsistency but it's a huge problem.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1012300133
Once you are dynamaxed, the effect of Choice Scarf is gone so it's natural that Malamar at +1 outsped. What's weird is that Keldeo moved first on the turn it Dynamaxed which seems like the problem.

Ther
No, weight-based moves are supposed to fail against Dynamaxed Pokemon. This is intended.
Ok, I just read that the weights are missing from the original games because the dynamax are like shadows of the actual pokemon, so they are weightless. So there's no bug here.

Dynamax overrides the effects of Choice Specs. It is highly possible that the damage output is the same because Choice Specs boost is nearly the same as Max Move's BP. Can you verify if your Ribombee was Specs?

Once you are dynamaxed, the effect of Choice Scarf is gone so it's natural that Malamar at +1 outsped. What's weird is that Keldeo moved first on the turn it Dynamaxed which seems like the problem.

In the endgame, a scarf Keldeo attacked before a +1 Malamar, meaning it properly outsped. However, after the Malamar dynamaxed, the Malamar went first. Not sure what is causing this inconsistency but it's a huge problem.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1012300133
Thanks for the report.

This is a confirmed simulator bug that is not present in the cartridge, during the first turn of a dynamax, choice scarf speed has an effect on move order is considered, but not on subsequent dynamax turns.

https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/issues/6008

If you cancel a dynamax, you can’t dynamax for the rest of the battle because the system still registers it as you dynamaxing. Even if you wanted to dynamax, cancel your move, then choose to dynamax all in the same turn, the message “Invalid choice: you can only dynamax once per battle” pops up in the chat and the timer ticks down, even if in the move selector everything seems fine; I was playing on mobile and didn’t switch to chat, it seemed like I was waiting for my opponent and then I lost for inactivity... Then I tested it in the following battles and it just doesn’t work properly

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...chanics-research.3655528/page-13#post-8287541

Not sure if this was already known, but now it's confirmed 100% Choice items have no effect while Dynamaxed. In addition, the idea that they are still in effect on Turn 1 is completely false, as OP tested and found the moment he activated Dynamax, the boosts for Choice items disappeared. So yeah, if this knowledge hasn't been put on the sim yet include it pls, as it nerfs the mechanic overall by getting rid of whack-ass Choice item sweeps.

Also, have the Max Move BPs actually been updated on Showdown? I heard they were, but when I hover over them they still show the old Z-move-tier BPs.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...chanics-research.3655528/page-13#post-8287541

Not sure if this was already known, but now it's confirmed 100% Choice items have no effect while Dynamaxed. In addition, the idea that they are still in effect on Turn 1 is completely false, as OP tested and found the moment he activated Dynamax, the boosts for Choice items disappeared. So yeah, if this knowledge hasn't been put on the sim yet include it pls, as it nerfs the mechanic overall by getting rid of whack-ass Choice item sweeps.

Also, have the Max Move BPs actually been updated on Showdown? I heard they were, but when I hover over them they still show the old Z-move-tier BPs.
This is fixed like 2 days ago, except for the part that their effect are still active on turn 1.

There is an issue with Sirfetch'd in PS right now. The signature item "Leek" boosts his critical hit ratio similar to Farfetch'd and the item stick. Leek is essentially stick renamed. The issue is that in PS "Leek" doesn't exist. Naturally I tested the "Stick" out in a test room and it doesn't guarantee crits with moves like night slash. I really hope this gets resolved soon because I want to use my duck.

For some reason, when pulling up mega stones via either /mnm or /stone the following text blurb appears:
Warning: Aggronite (or enter other existing mega stone here) is a fake mega stone created by the CAP Project and is restricted to the CAP Aggron.
I dunno if this is intentional because of the stones no longer being in SwSh, but based on the description it doesn't seem like it.

Thanks!

two bugs to report and a mechanic to look into

first encore should not be usable on a mon that just dynamaxed and potentially psych up should go through max guard i do not know that for sure

also does truant work on dynamax pokemon as thats the entire basis of this team lol

A2431BC8-3391-4054-B37C-ABA639D7A378.pngAA0F74B9-97D1-4365-BF0E-35927AABE5CF.png

Lapras’ G-Max move puts aurora veil on the wrong side of the field (should reduce damage received, not damage inflicted)

Obstagoon’s obstruct blocks all moves (including status moves), instead of just blocking attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)