Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fame

you know we're the same
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Apologies if I can't report this here, but nonetheless, in the Pokemon Showdown AVI preview list, avatar 265 (Rosa) appears as the Rosa-DuelDisk variant.
1574450156515.png

However, upon choosing the sprite, your trainer sprite actually changes to the regular "Rosa" variant.
1574450011623.png
Using the /avatar 265 command also just changes your trainer sprite to the regular Rosa sprite.

Snipe shot indeed is a +1 crit move, it's just not stated in the description (much like how Water Bubble doesn't explain the power boost).

From your statement afterwards, I'm assuming you tried to use Snipe Shot on a Storm Drain Gastrodron and had it activate Storm Drain. Note that the "ignores abilities that draw in moves" is referring to the redirectional effect of Storm Drain in doubles, not the actual absorption of Water-type moves. This means it functionally doesn't do anything in singles.
the thing is, i did try to snipe shot a Excadrill or something and then Storm Drain happened the way it usually works

Hi all, is it intended that random doubles battles now operate like singles battles? Since the gen8 addition, Pokemon in random doubles don't carry protect like they used to, and now carry singles moves like toxic spikes and rapid spin. Also, sleep clause is now activated for this meta (but not for DOU?). Just wondering if this was intended and if it may revert back soon. Thanks!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1014947523

Turn 1: When my Cramorant attacks his Cramorant with Energy Ball and they both shoot Gulp Missiles, I don't think my Cramorant should have used its Rowap Berry (assuming a Gulp Missile hit does not activate Rowap, I don't know what the right interaction actually is). Also the lack of ability message makes the source of Gulp Missile's damage unclear, especially when it's shown before the actual move's damage.
EDIT: Also assuming gulp missile does fire against another gulp missile, lol.

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Also the lack of ability message makes the source of Gulp Missile's damage unclear, especially when it's shown before the actual move's damage.
This is how it works in game (no message). I suppose that is backed up by an animation. We can probably support something even as simple as X was damaged by Gulp Missile.

As for the rest: Needs testing.

Is ditto not supposed to also change form (from Full Belly to Hangry mode) when it transforms into Morpeko because if it is it doesn't.
Also, Morpeko's aura wheel is supposed to change typing depending on the form right? If it is, then it is not doing or showing it correctly because when you make a move other than Aura Wheel, it stays electric type even though it is supposed to change.

Last edited:
Just to reiterate and add more detail to the previous poster, Substitute is meant to be destroyed when a pokemon with one dynamaxes. It doesn't come back when Dynamax ends either.

Also I'm unsure about the implementation of this on showdown because I haven't been able to test but a pokemon with Trace coming in on an untraceable ability traces after that pokemon leaves battle now ingame. I couldn't find a second person to test this in showdown but it seemed pretty obscure and hadn't seen anything mentioned on it in the last 5 pages. Tested and is working correctly. mb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)