Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
I apologize if this has been posted before in this thread, but it wasn't on the known bugs list so here goes:

It seems like max moves lower stats after they break a substitute. I don't know if they lower stats if they don't break the substitute. See here:

This is not the case on sim atm.

The mechanics of this I'm also not too clear on / can't test further in general as I don't have the game. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting something.

Morpeko's Aura wheel changes its attack type every turn (electric normally and dark on hunger switch).

This should also apply when it dynamaxes, it should have Max Lightning one turn, and Max Darkness the turn after.

This is not implemented on PS yet, you get Max Lightning regardless of what mode you are in even when he switches modes.

I just caught a Morpeko in the game, leveled him up to learn Aura Wheel, and dynamaxed him and confirmed: his aura wheel typing does alternate every turn even in when dynamaxed

Dynamax Dragon Dance doesn't boost attack and speed on first turn after D maxing

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1013675084
It's not supposed to. Status moves turn to Max Guard when dynamaxed, the effect of this move is the same no matter the underlying move.
A minor text error in the battle log: when a pokemon with Prankster tries to status a Dark-type, it fails and says "In gen 7, Dark is immune to Prankster moves." Since gen 8 is now out, the sentence should probably implicate gen 8 in its semantics (i.e., "Since gen 7").

I was directed to report visual/text bugs here. Sorry if there's a better place to do so.

Thanks, a fix for this should be rolling soon.

Ditto's Imposter didn't trigger when switched in facing a dynamaxed Arcanine.
Ditto switched out.
Dynamax on Arcanine ended.
Ditto switched back in - Imposter still didn't trigger.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randomdoublesbattle-1013745609
I think Weezing's ability, neutralizing gas, suppresed ditto's ability. try making ditto faster than weezing, this way its ability will activate before weezings, but it should still fail if weezing was already on the field.

Hi,
When Grimmsnarl use G-Max and attack with a dark type move he is able to put you drowsy.
But when you are already asleep he is also able to put you drowsy this is not possible if you use yawm so i guess this is a bug.

Nature-locked Pokémon are listed as illegal with anything besides their pre-determined nature in Natdex OU, despite the addition of Mints in Sword & Shield allowing any nature to be legal regardless of a previous gen's nature lock.

View attachment 207555
For example, this Timid Heatran from an event in Pokémon Ranger (which is nature locked to Quiet) is considered illegal in Teambuilder despite the fact that the Mints should permit it to have a Timid nature.
Since Heatran is unavailable in Gen 8, the Mints can’t be used on it.

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
Alright, so, I just discovered a bug with Jaw Lock, then I saw it reported already but without any proof it got ignored, so I'm reporting it too

Jaw Lock's trapping effect persists when either party faints, when it shouldn't

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1013839097 - in Turn 11, Drednaw Jaw Locks my Barraskewda entering combat, in Turn 12 I kill Drednaw and by then I should be free, but in Turn 13 I still was trapped, so I just fired Liquidation
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1013856276 - mock battle specifically to try it again since I forgot to screen it the first time

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Eiscue's Ice Face doesn't work
Can you be more specific than that, and include a replay? "X Dosen't work" dosen't give us enough information to figure out:
A. If this is actually a bug or just a misunderstanding of a mechanic or if it is a bug
B. What exactly a developer needs to look at to fix it (what part of ice face is broken? regeneration? damage blocking? other?)

Hi
Why is my Tyranitar's special defense so high in sandstorm? It goes back to normal after SS ends, and if i send him back it rises again when he summons another sandstorm...is this a gen 8 mechanic?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1013956419
Sandstorm increases the special defense of rock type pokemon by 1.5x This mechanic has existed since gen 4. This is why SpDef EVs and assault vest are popular on it.
Since Heatran is unavailable in Gen 8, the Mints can’t be used on it.
There's a mode where all pokemon are allowed.

Last edited:

NA Weezing

Banned deucer.
I do think there’s a problem with the moove
« Will-O-Wisp » since Showdown has updated Gen 8 OU .
Will O Wisp accuracy is 85%

Though , either I am very unlucky (extremely) , or the accuracy has fell down by a way or another , yet it is still written 85% accuracy .

In Gen 7 - Gen 6 OU , I have tested Will O Wisp and it works still « as intended » , no problem of accuracy .

In Gen 8 OU , I assume it misses many more times regardless of who is using it , which makes me think of a bug concerning it’s accuracy .

I will test the accuracy using 2 accounts to see the average misses/success of WoW in Gen 8 and will send it there too if I find any problem in the statistics I get .

Snipe Shot (Inteleon's move) is not a high-critical hit move

This is how it works in the games:
The user ignores the effects of opposing pokemon's moves and abilities that draws in moves (Follow Me, Rage Powder, Storm Drain), allowing this move to hit the chosen target

Plz fix this, i lost against a Gastrodon because of this

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Snipe Shot (Inteleon's move) is not a high-critical hit move

This is how it works in the games:
The user ignores the effects of opposing pokemon's moves and abilities that draws in moves (Follow Me, Rage Powder, Storm Drain), allowing this move to hit the chosen target

Plz fix this, i lost against a Gastrodon because of this
Snipe shot indeed is a +1 crit move, it's just not stated in the description (much like how Water Bubble doesn't explain the power boost).

From your statement afterwards, I'm assuming you tried to use Snipe Shot on a Storm Drain Gastrodron and had it activate Storm Drain. Note that the "ignores abilities that draw in moves" is referring to the redirectional effect of Storm Drain in doubles, not the actual absorption of Water-type moves. This means it functionally doesn't do anything in singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)