Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right if we're talking about the games, but National Pokedex OU assumes all Pokemon can be available in gen 8 - so given that, the Mints should be legal on it
No, the environment that the National Dex format is trying to simulate is "What if Pokemon Home were already out and it turned out to be possible to stage battles directly from there with teams that you transferred in, using our estimation for how the old and new mechanics would coexist?" Mints would still only be usable on Pokemon that could actually be brought into a game where they exist to provide that function, which Heatran, Entei, etc. can't.

No, the environment that the National Dex format is trying to simulate is "What if Pokemon Home were already out and it turned out to be possible to stage battles directly from there with teams that you transferred in, using our estimation for how the old and new mechanics would coexist?" Mints would still only be usable on Pokemon that could actually be brought into a game where they exist to provide that function, which Heatran, Entei, etc. can't.
That's really just your interpretation of this meta. Another valid interpretation is that this meta is a "what if" Pokemon Home came out and you could transfer ALL mons to SwSh.

EDIT: Also, by your interpretation, you would have to say Home will allow you to have held items and you can swap held items, which likely will not happen when Home releases (Bank didn't allow held items on Pokemon, doubt Home will), so we kinda have that issue with that interpretation.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I had a random gen 8 battle where heavy slam failed on a dynamax pokemon. I thought it was a problem with max mindstorm but it seems it just has a problem with the dynamax pokemon. I had mudsdale and the other guy had mew. I did a OU battle with myself as well to test it out and it only fails when mew dynamaxs. Not sure if it fails against other dynamax pokemon.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1014279292

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1014289673
Weight based moves fail against Dynamax Pokemon. Lore reasoning is that they're just projections.

The event Gigantimax trio (Pikachu, Eevee, and Meowth) can't learn any moves other than the ones that they presumably start with.

There are also several bugs with G max moves:

Wildfire, Volt Crash, Terror, Stonesurge, Wind Rage, Stun Shock, Volcalith, Tartness, and Sweetness just don't exist.

The info boxes for all but list the names and effects of the regular Max move of the same type.

Malodor based off Acid Spray lists a base power of 10. I think it's just a tooltip error, though.

Some of the text in the chat is weird.
(Steelsurge started on the opposing team!)
(Hatterene was hurt!) [no mention of the steel hazard]
(G-Max Centiferno activated!)
Melmetal is hurt by G-Max Centiferno!
[Same wording for Sandblast]
Alcremie restored HP using its undefined!
(Max Depletion activated!)

The messages for Dynamaxing in general are strange.
(Dynamax started on Lapras!)
Lapras restored HP using its Dynamax!
Lapras was freed from Dynamax!
Lapras restored HP using its Dynamax! [un-Dynamaxing makes you lose HP, so this makes even less sense]

At turn 20, I kill a Qwilfish with Destiny Bond, but Cobalion doesn't faint. Also, Close Combat's Max Knuckle only showed up as a 95BP move (don't have screenshot sadly). These might be weird Max Move mechanics I'm not in the know about, but both struck me as odd.
This is all intended behavior. Fighting/Poison Max Moves have a different power scaling than other types, and Dynamax Pokemon are unaffected by weight based moves or Destiny Bond.

Leek isn't working with sirfetched in showdown

It works with fetched in game, when I use it in-game leaf blade always crits no matter what, and his other moves crit about half the time

Don't know if this is a bug or intented but Obstagoon's Obstruct is bypassed by max moves unlike protect or king's shield which allow you to take only one quarter of the damages, maybe it's how it works in the cartdrige game but it seems kinda weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)