Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't save the replay, but I just fought against a guy who gmaxed his charizard and still set sun by using a fire move

The gigantimax is just supposed to do fire spin effect(?)

Double magic bounce is probably suppressing the ability. I won't be checking for balanced hackedmons reports for the moment, considering there's still work to be done in legal tiers.

Gen 7 anything goes has been readded for a month. Then the tier will be removed to accomodate the new tiers. Refer to this thread for more information https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/changes-to-old-gens-ladders-a-public-vote.3621653/

Thank you for the report! Alolan formes along with igglybuff have been marked as unreleased and are no longer legal in gen 8 battles.
It shows it's suppressed on Turn 3 right after transforming before Magic Bounce is even known, plus it leaked his former ability Prankster.

This is irrelevant to his problem, the issue is his mobile screen size literally not letting him click the thing. Actually this was my b. But this thread is from 2017 and doesn't mention anything about the state of Gen 7 AG or if it'll survive after a month, seeing as it was a quite popular format.

Why did an igglybuff unban/reban even happen? What was its learnset? Were any other pokemon freed by accident?
-----
For an actual report and not just questions, I'm fairly sure Gen 7's (and maybe other past gens) Metronome is still unable to call the newly snapped moves in Gen 8 like Return and Frustration. Please correct me if I'm unlucky.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So I'm spectating some National Dex battles and I notice people are using Megas. Wasn't it stated that Megas and Z-Crystals wouldn't be brought back for this format because their interactions with Dynamax are unknown? Either there's been a change made by higher-ups or this is a bug.

Using Jaw Lock on an opponent and knocking it out does not allow the attacker to switch afterwards. Was found in Hackmons Cup when Musharna used Jaw Lock on a Gastly and knocked it out. On next turn Musharna was trapped. There were no other trapping effects in play, being enemy abilities or moves.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
So I'm spectating some National Dex battles and I notice people are using Megas. Wasn't it stated that Megas and Z-Crystals wouldn't be brought back for this format because their interactions with Dynamax are unknown? Either there's been a change made by higher-ups or this is a bug.
Can you link to where it was stated?

I personally implemented it so you can choose EITHER mega+z OR dynamax, but not all at the same time. I'm fine with whatever the community wants, though.

This is probably working as intended in-game, but the way it displayed to the user was the issue:

When I was under Encore, I used Dynamax and was able to choose a different move, but then ended up using the move in the same slot as my Encored move. I expected it to work the same as Choice items seemed to be working with Dynamax; it would have been nice if instead it grayed out the other options to make it clear this is how the Encore works.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Can you link to where it was stated?

I personally implemented it so you can choose EITHER mega+z OR dynamax, but not all at the same time. I'm fine with whatever the community wants, though.
Unfortunately I can't seem to remember/find where I saw this. Maybe ask some of the OU/OM leaders for their verdict? I am positive I did see someone major say it in writing, though.

EDIT: Could be getting confused, but I am 99% sure I recall The Immortal mentioning this is how it would go in respects to Megas and Z-Moves not being allowed in National Dex OU. Mind clearing this up for us?

My Specs Dragapult got disabled by a Corsola's ability. I dynamaxed to try to use a different move but it gave me Max Strike (Even though Max Wyrmwind was displayed on my screen and I chose it. No other moves were shown as options from my PoV). After the turn where this happened (Turn 2 in my replay below) I was able to use other dynamax moves.

Edit: To put it in a less wordy way - Two potential bugs.
1: I was not able to use a different move while disabled as a choice user, even when I dynamaxed.
2: If #1 is not a bug and I should have had to use Dynamax Struggle (Max Strike), then the move didn't display properly from my PoV as it showed me Max Wyrmwind as my only attacking option that turn (Turn 2).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1013423471

Last edited:
As told earlier, choice items don't give a boost to dynamax pokés, but this Toxtricity Scarf atk before my Darmanitan
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1013135817-pqfgrbz6u84ht1y8ewfuxab5f532v0qpw
Thanks for reporting. It seems the bug fix didn't work or there was a regression.
Stuff Cheeks doesn't seem to work proprely, the user should eat its berry and getting a +2 boost in defense, but there it just gets the def boost. Even the description of the move in the teambuilder doesn't say anything about the berry eating part.
There's a fix for this that hasn't been rolled out yet. It'll probably be rolled out today.

Gulp missile doesn't work.
It's a very complex ability, so it makes sense. If you have specific information regarding how it's supposed to work, that would help.

My Specs Dragapult got disabled by a Corsola's ability. I dynamaxed to try to use a different move but it gave me Max Strike (Even though Max Wyrmwind was displayed on my screen and I chose it. No other moves were shown as options from my PoV). After the turn where this happened (Turn 2 in my replay below) I was able to use other dynamax moves.

Edit: To put it in a less wordy way - Two potential bugs.
1: I was not able to use a different move while disabled as a choice user, even when I dynamaxed.
2: If #1 is not a bug and I should have had to use Dynamax Struggle (Max Strike), then the move didn't display properly from my PoV as it showed me Max Wyrmwind as my only attacking option that turn (Turn 2).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1013423471
Probably #1, we'll have to see how this works in game before implementing an interaction

It shows it's suppressed on Turn 3 right after transforming before Magic Bounce is even known, plus it leaked his former ability Prankster.

This is irrelevant to his problem, the issue is his mobile screen size literally not letting him click the thing. Actually this was my b. But this thread is from 2017 and doesn't mention anything about the state of Gen 7 AG or if it'll survive after a month, seeing as it was a quite popular format.

Why did an igglybuff unban/reban even happen? What was its learnset? Were any other pokemon freed by accident?
-----
For an actual report and not just questions, I'm fairly sure Gen 7's (and maybe other past gens) Metronome is still unable to call the newly snapped moves in Gen 8 like Return and Frustration. Please correct me if I'm unlucky.
Igglybuff, along with alolan forme pokemon are not available in gen 8. The thread doesn't describe recent events, but the general policy regarding metagame rotation.

For some reason, Appletun's Kee Berry didn't activate when hit by Copperaja's Play Rough on turn 12 of this match. It's supposed to activate when hit by any physical move, not just contact moves.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1013477745
Kee berry is supposed to activate after you get hit, Appletun got KOd so the berry didn't activate. Otherwise the berry would be too powerful.

[Gulp Missile's] a very complex ability, so it makes sense. If you have specific information regarding how it's supposed to work, that would help.

Igglybuff, along with alolan forme pokemon are not available in gen 8. The thread doesn't describe recent events, but the general policy regarding metagame rotation.

Kee berry is supposed to activate after you get hit, Appletun got KOd so the berry didn't activate. Otherwise the berry would be too powerful.
Can't they just make something up? I know Gulp Missile and whatever RNG it's involved with isn't a high priority to solve, but a lot of the abilities on day -1 were fuzzy stat guesses and we at least know that the fish does 25% damage and lowers Def and pekachu paralyzes.

I know Igglybuff isn't available (or rather, doesn't exist) in Gen 8, I'm asking about why Igglybuff was apparently available at all in the first place as you claim. Personally I cannot find any sources for igglybuff being on PS at some point but you seem to be in the know.

If you view the replay, on Turn 12 Appletun got hit by Play Rough and actually lived. My guess is that Sheer Force stopped the thing from activating. WombatFights

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)