Resource Pet Mods Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1581449888694.png

credit to lyd

Hello everyone, we are doing something a little different than last generation. This thread from henceforth will serve as the place to submit your completed Pet Mod ideas to await approval!

How to submit Pet Mods:

Pet Mods can be submitted by anyone who has had at least 15 posts within the Pet Mod thread. Once you fill this criteria, you must submit your Pet Mod here under this format.

Pet Mod Name: (The actual name of the potential Pet Mod in question).
Pet Mod Concept: (A short synopsis of the core concept of the Pet Mod being submitted).
Explanation: (A more detailed explanation of above, can specify rules and banlists and things of that sort here).
Miscellaneous: (Any additional notes that may not fit particularly within the explanation, e.g. if the Pet Mod will be led by a council).

While the thread will be open to the public, please do not post within this thread unless you are submitting a Pet Mod. Only moderators will be posting otherwise. This is not the place to ask questions about Pet Mods nor is it the place to inquire help on your ideas. You can like a submission, and this will help Yoshiblaze, DuoM2, AquaticPanic and Scoopapa garner the public opinion and approval of a Pet Mod. Once a Pet Mod is approved, the post will be deleted as not to gather up clutter in the thread.

Note for Tier Leaders: This tool is extremely helpful for coding. Try to make the archive (List of changes) of your Pet Mod in the same format as given in the Example Spreadsheet.
Have fun contributing!

Last edited by a moderator:

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pet Mod Name: Bench Abilities V2
Pet Mod Concept: The sequel to my Gen 7 mod, now designed for Battle Stadium Singles. Pokemon gain special "bench abilities" which support their allies when they are not in battle.
Explanation: the OG thread
Miscellaneous: Despite using Battle Stadium rules, this'll be a National Dex mod. Dynamax may or may not be banned.
The idea is great and the Pet Mod did well last time until before the end, now a lot of this is coded as well. Sounds good.
Approved from my side

With UU Alpha live and RU Alpha a month away, I think this is the time to kick start this Pet Mod

Pet Mod Name: OptiMons
Pet Mod Concept: Similar to that of last Gen, OptiMons seeks to take Pokémon that are underwhelming in OU and optimize them to better exploit their given tools or fill a niche.
Explanation: This Pet Mod will be firmly based in Gen 8 OU, but some niche Pokémon that got snapped may get featured in few slates. It will be a smaller scale than that of last generation, with only two or three mons per slate instead of the four and five.
Miscellaneous: I have no ideas for who to nominate as council members, but if approved I will be open to admissions from anyone.

I can't approve my stuff so :(
Would be good to have OptiMons back.
Approved from my side
Side Question: Would the already optimised Pokemon remain the same?

Pet Mod Name: PokeClasses
Pet Mod Concept: In some RPGs, you can select a class for your character that gives it boosts. Likewise, perks/skills give certain abilities. Boosts and abilities, you say? Both of those can be done in Pokemon! So that's where I got this idea. The premise is, the Pet Mod allows for the creation of "classes" you can choose for your Pokemon. These give stat boosts and can function like abilities, giving certain side effects. They can be existing side effects given by existing abilities, or new side effects.

Example:
Warrior (Barraskewda) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Drill Run

Warrior:
Boost - Grants a 20% bonus to Atk.
Side Effect - Attacks that make contact do an additional 10% damage.

Pet Mod Explanation: There would be 21 classes based on the classes from the game "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion": https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes
I chose Oblivion because the classes would fit, don't judge me uwu
Each slate would do subs for a class, then next a vote on them. So 21 slates, altogether, in two phases.

Rules: No submitting broken things, that's obvious. Stuff like Huge Power for Warrior will not be met happily. Keep in mind the current NatDex metagame for these boosts.

Banlists: When the meta starts up, things that are broken will get banned. There are no submissions, so it's hard to tell what the classes will look like. With my previous example of Warrior, strong and fast physical attackers like Dracovish would reak havoc. This would warrant a suspect in this case.

Miscellaneous: The Pet Mod will be led by me. I am looking for one additional counsel member, but it is not necessary.

I believe this would make a good fit for a Seasonal at some point because it seems
1) Easy to get into.
2) Is similar to Statattack, an Other Metagame that has been on the Monthy Ladder before. It is similar in that boosts are applied through names, although Statattack replaced moves. This metagame would replace nicknames. Nobody needs nicknames, anyway.
Sounds good
Approved from my side

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Pet Mod Name: Two-Step 'Mons
Pet Mod Concept: In this mod we will start by creating custom moves and abilities, and then create a pokemon for each that makes optimal use of them.
Explanation: The first slate will involve the creation of custom moves and abilities. Two moves and one ability or vice-versa is probably a good size to start. Once moves and abilities have been voted on, the next slate will be about the creation of pokemon; one new pokemon for each of the custom elements of the last slate, designed to showcase and make optimal use of said element. This can be a redesign of an existing non-Galar pokemon ( this option is encouraged ) or a brand new fakemon. This mod will use Gen 8 OU as a template. This mod makes the process of creation slightly more collaborative as you'll be building pokemon based on someone else's concept most of the time.
Miscellaneous: I will try to keep this mod in sync with any changes that may happen to the official Gen 8 OU ( such as banning Dynamax or allowing low-tier Galar pokemon to be used as templates ). I will try to add a couple of interested and active users to a council, so that any kind of important decision won't be made only by me, and to help if I end up too busy to post a particular slate or voting round.
Would there be some orientation towards which the custom elements would be made?

Would there be some orientation towards which the custom elements would be made?
Oh good question. I had thought of slating moves with a particular category ( Physical/Special/Status ). I could probably do something more cohesive though, like an offense slate ( 1 physical move, 1 special move, 1 offensive ability ), or defense slate ( 1 status move, 2 defensive abilities ). I'm not sure what other kinds of themes would make sense ( purely physical or special slates seem unneccesarily restrictive to me ) but I'm open to suggestions. It would keep things more interesting in the long run.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Oh good question. I had thought of slating moves with a particular category ( Physical/Special/Status ). I could probably do something more cohesive though, like an offense slate ( 1 physical move, 1 special move, 1 offensive ability ), or defense slate ( 1 status move, 2 defensive abilities ). I'm not sure what other kinds of themes would make sense ( purely physical or special slates seem unneccesarily restrictive to me ) but I'm open to suggestions. It would keep things more interesting in the long run.
The ideas look good, keep it interesting in the long run with variations and some special slates!
Approved from my side

G-Luke

Pet Mod Name: [Gen 8] Crossover Chaos Expanded: Part II
Pet Mod Concept: its crossover chaos expanded but a gen 8 thread
Explanation: as before
Miscellaneous: this is more to have things vaguely symmetrical with main crossover chaos, also move the old threads back to gen 7 kthxbye
Approving this because they are popular and reg CC already has its gen 8 thread.
I assume old stuff are being carried over in archives?

Approving this because they are popular and reg CC already has its gen 8 thread.
I assume old stuff are being carried over in archives?
Everything will be carried over, but slates will count up from 1 once again, like in the main Crossover Chaos. We weren't going to nerf poor Thanos just to snap him out of existence, after all~!

G-Luke

Pet Mod Name: Double Trouble (the same one from this thread)

Pet Mod Concept: A submission-based Pet Mod that aims to explore any underutilized element from Doubles while buffing several Pokemon to better fit in Doubles OU. It's There will be a few changes made to moves or abilities to make it more balanced.

Explanation:
  • Gen 8 DOU clause will be used as its banlist unless a mechanic was changed for Double Trouble. Pokemon and mechanic that's not in Sword and Shield will not be allowed until further notice.
  • Everyone can post up to 2 submissions except during the voting phase.
  • Increasing Pokemon's BST is allowed, up to 600 BST.
  • Giving Pokemon new moves and abilities are allowed, even if their abilities slot is full.
  • Changing their type will not be allowed.
  • Coming out with any new element that doesn't exist in the game will be ignored.​
:shiinotic:
Shiinotic
Stats: 70 (+10)/ 45/ 90 (+10)/ 105 (+15)/ 110 (+10) / 30 Overall: 450 (+45)
New Moves: Rage Powder, Mystical Fire, Calm Mind, Psyshock, Psychic, Ember, Incinerate, Misty Terrain
New Ability: Flash Fire
Overview (Optional): With Shiinotic gaining Rage Powder, it picks up what Amoonguss has left off as a redirector that spreads sleep with Spore. Rather than having Regenerator like Amoonguss, I decided to go for Flash Fire since Grass/Fairy suffered from having too many weaknesses, so having one important weakness in Fire removed for Shiinotic is well appreciated, and discourages the opponent from using Fire-type against it without Mold Breaker or Neutralizing Gas. Alternatively, Shiinotic could act as a Calm Mind user, but having 4-moveslot syndrome makes it difficult to be efficient at it.

Miscellaneous: Double Trouble will accept other council member once it has been approved, which will be led by me unless I'm too busy. Also, which name would be better for this Pet Mod?
A unique Doubles oriented Pet Mod. Excellent presentation and well thought out and created. This I like. Gets an approval from me.

Pet Mod Name:
Fossil Mashup

Pet Mod Concept: Have you seen what Sword and Shield did with the concept of fossils? They destroyed it removing that lame Rock type and made it something completely new, allowing the player to fuse two species of the past not knowing even their original form. This gave a strong slap to this old mechanic, removing restrictions and stimulating imagination.
But what if the same machine that is used to give birth to Dracozolt&friends, allowed to fuse any fossil Pokemon, using each as the upper or lower half body (since we can assume every other fossil we have is complete)?
Explanation: This Pet Mod allows to fuse any two of the fossil Pokemon we know in a new species, without the mandatory Rock type.
The rules are:
  • the new specie's name must be a composition of the names of the fusee;
  • the new specie inherits both the secondary types of the fusees (Rock type if using Rampardos);
  • the new specie inherits one ability from one of the fusees and two from the other one (regular abilities must be inherited as regular abilities, hidden as hidden);
  • the new specie must have a BST equal to 505 and the single stats must not exceed 100 or be lower than 55;
  • the new specie inherits 6 moves taken from one fusee's list of level-up moves and 6 from the other one and Ancient Power and some other moves (which it gets by default, doesn't need to inherit those moves from parents, because they all learn them), 10 and 10 for TM/HM (excluding the TMs that every Pokemon can learn; no fossil is allowed in SW/SH, so we'll consider Gen7 for movepools, TM/HM and tutor moves list).
The obtained forms will have unknown gender, so they won't be able to inherit Egg Moves (not even those that the parents learn).

Miscellaneous: With 11 existing fossils we can make 121 combinations of them (we'll decide later if we want to combine them also with the parts that compose Gen8 fossils, reaching a total of 165), my idea is to submit the 22 parts (11 upper and 11 lower parts) singularly in 6 slates, 3 fossils in the first slate and then 2 per slate and then play the metagame. This way to proceed allows to play after just 6 slates (considering 15 days per slate, it'll take approximately 3 months), but 121 or 165 species will be implemented all at once (even if some of them won't be used very often because not optimal). Submitting fusions singularly, though, would make this Pet Mod one of those that last forever and never become playable.
Each fossil Pokemon has a type, up to 3 abilities and some stat bonuses (obtained by ordering the stats from lowest to highest and then multiplying 10 for the position).
For example Kabutops's stat spread is: 60 / 115 / 105 / 65 / 70 / 80, so 1 / 6 / 5 / 2 / 3 / 4, which x5 is 5 / 30 / 25 / 10 / 15 / 20.
Note: I will refer to upper body part as "head" and to the lower body part as "tail".
Fossil PokemonTail NameHead NameTypeAbilityHPATKDEFSPASPDSPE
Oma--star
Swift Swim, Shell Armor, Weak Armor15103025155
Kabu--tops
Swift Swim, Battle Armor, Weak Armor53025101520
Aero--dactyl
Rock Head, Pressure, Unnerve20255101530
Cra--dily
Suction Cups, Storm Drain20102510305
Arma--ldo
Battle Armor, Swift Swim15302510205
Rampa--rdos
Mold Breaker, Sheer Force25301520510
Bastio--don
Sturdy, Soundproof20153010255
Carra--costa
Solid Rock, Sturdy, Swift Swim15302520105
Arche--ops
Defeatist1530525520
Tyra--ntrum
Strong Jaw, Rock Head20302510515
Auro--rus
Refrigerate, Snow Warning30151025205
In addition to this, each part has 6 head moves, 6 tail moves (chosen among level up, egg and tutor moves) and 15 TM/HM moves.

Head moves are the moves that the original fossil Pokémon executes with the upper part of its body, namely its head or arms, while tail moves are the ones performed using slam and legs. There are many moves which don't belog to any of those two categories, and those moves will be eligible to be assigned either as head or tail moves. For example, "Punch" moves, "Claw" moves or Zen Headbutt cannot be inherited as tail moves since the new specie needs the claws, the arms or the head of the original fossil Pokémon to perform that move, while Body Slam and "Tail" moves are not suited to be head moves, since the power needed for the slam isn't taken neither from head nor from arms (except if head is quadrupedal), and you can't use Iron Tail or Dragon Tail with your hands; there are some more considerations to be made, like that Aurorus needs the luminescent crests on its head and neck to perform Aurora Beam, but it can use the gems on its body or the ones on its head to charge energy for a Thunderbolt. But moves like Dragon Dance, Thunder or Recover don't imply which part of the body is needed to execute the move, and we can assume the new specie will figure out on its own how to use TM/HM moves based on the memories of its fusees.
To make a fusion,
  1. decide which Pokémon will give the upper body and which the lower;
  2. determine the name, tail gives the first part, head gives the last;
  3. determine the typing, which will simply be a combination of the single types given by each of the fusees (head first, tail second);
  4. determine the ability, head will give its primary and secondary ability, tail will give its hidden ability (Defeatist is used as Archeops's Hidden Ability as well);
  5. determine the moveset by giving the fusion the 6 head moves of the head, 6 tail moves of the tail and both all the 10 TM/HM moves of the head and all the 10 TM/HM moves of the tail - the new specie will also get Ancient Power, Earth Power, Rock Polish, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm, Stealth Rocks, Stone Edge and basic TM moves (like Protect, Toxic, etc.), so you don't need to include them as inherited;
  6. to determine each stat, follow this formula: 50 + HeadStatBonus + TailStatBonus - if BST is 510 (so none of the fusee is Omastar, Cradily or Archeops), highest stat will lose 5 points (if more stats are equally lower than the others, points are subtracted from the first following the order HP->ATK->DEF->SPA->SPD->SPE).
Name: Armarus
Head Pokemon: Aurorus
Tail Pokemon: Armaldo
Typing:

Ability: Refrigerate | Swift Swim
Stats:
HP50+30+1595
ATK50+15+3095
DEF50+20+1585
SPA50+15+2085
SPD50+10+1070
SPE50+5+5-555
BST50*6+(1+2+3+4+5+6)*5+(1+2+3+4+5+6)*5-5505
Head Moves: Freeze-Dry, Icy Wind, Aurora Beam, Earth Power, Discharge, Hyper Voice

Tail Moves: Stealth Rock, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Rapid Spin, Harden, Superpower
TM/HM from head: Hail, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Reflect, Light Screen, Flash Cannon, Thunder Wave
TM/HM from tail: X-Scissor, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Rock Polish, Rock Tomb, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Sandstorm, Brick Break, Aerial Ace

During the slates we'll define which are the two abilities for each fossil, which is the first and which the last, and which moves it will give as head, as tail and from its TM/HM list.
  1. The Rampant - Cranidos, Tyrantrum
  2. The Volatiles - Aerodactyl, Archeops
  3. The Sharp Ones - Kabutops, Armaldo
  4. The Armored - Omastar, Carracosta
  5. The Quadrupedal - Cradily, Bastiodon, Aurorus

I Think going with this order will help to differentiate all the parts that risk to be too similar to eachother.
EDIT2: I have decided to submit the Pet Mod only with the parts mechanic, to make it playable sooner.
My question to charizard8888 is: is it possible to obtain statistics, ability, movepool and typing dynamically in SD?
Can we make it so that just by reading the name, the simulator generates the fusion knowing the type, abilities, moves and stat boosts of each part?
One idea could be to use a base form which has 50 in every stat and gets the characteristics of the fusion in base of the nickname it has.
A great idea that also packs with it a surprising amount of longevity within it (more than I was expecting). Gets the approval from me.

Pet Mod Name: Clean Slate 2

Pet Mod Concept: It's Clean Slate, with generation 8 mechanics. That means there's the new stuff, the cut moves, changed mechanics, etc. I don't think I need to explain what Clean Slate is. Note that this would be a new set of 40ish mons, not adding onto or modify OG Clean Slate. Dynamaxing banned, but it can be explored later on. No Megas or Z-Moves, obviously.

Explanation: It's Clean Slate for gen 8- Not much more to say.
Pet Mod Name: Eevee'd
Pet Mod Concept: Same as last gen, this would be giving Eevee styled split evolutions to pokemon.
Explanation: It's been agreed by me and Petuuuhhh (Who will be co-leading it) that rules will be stuck to this year round, and it will be a clean slate, starting afresh. It will use the NatDex format, although not all mons will be getting evolutions so as to avoid a ridiculous amount of mons and to make it a bit easier to anyone new getting into mods and seeing it.

The rules that have been decided on are:
Stats - Stats are predetermined by the pokemon that's getting counterparts. The stats may be shuffled around, but not changed.

Types - Dual type pokemon will keep their primary type and change the secondary, while monotyped pokemon will be specified in the slates.

Moves - There will only be movepool additions, all evolutions will gain access to the prevo's movepool automatically, excluding some specific situations. Any other moves are to be added.

Abilities - These went a bit wack last time. This time we're holding back on custom abilities. Variant abilities will be allowed though, as long as they fit thematically, say an Electric Steam Engine.

Evolution Methods - Self explanatory, should fit with the evolution thematically. No using a Thunderstone to get a fairy type charmander. You can do move evolutions with multiple moves if you so wish. If you choose to require a mon to know 4 moves to evolve, that would logically mean it cannot learn any other moves that the pre-evolution can learn, so keep that in mind.

Names - Same as last time, it'll be decided on by the council what prefix or suffix should be used, or what word should be included to an extent.

Winners - Same again, 2-7 winners, with there being a tiebreaker if there are more than 7 winners. No two winning counterparts can have the same typing.

Slates will be rotated weekly, with a 5 day submission period and a 2 day voting period.

I'm unsure as to how mods submitted by mods work so I'm just leaving this here for now.
Both were extremely popular Pet Mods back in Generation 8, so I expect them to be big this gen around. Approved.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
Pet Mod Name: Breeding Variants V2
Pet Mod Concept: Creating new forms of Pokemon via certain breeding combos
Explanation: og thread
Other Info: This version will be a soft-reboot based off the SWSH regional dex meta. Dynamax will be banned, and only some of the original batch will be allowed to return. Bases must be from Galar dex, but the donors can be anything.
Very simple, easy to get into, and is still very fun to sub for. Was also quite popular last gen. Approved

Why do I think this will just not take off?

Pet Mod Name: Countrymons

Pet Mod Concept: Create-a-Pokemon for Ubers, except with the added distinction of the Pokemon being able to represent a country!

Explanation:
  • CAP project for Ubers. The new Pokemon must be able to represent a country. Preferably also do well in the metagame, but not compulsory.
  • Countries will be decided by the winner of the slate, who will choose a country and has to sit out. Player will also judge who will win the slate in case of tiebreaker.
  • Will be played in Restricted format (where we have too few legendaries XD)
  • Everybody can only submit 1 submission per slate, so make it your best!
  • Custom moves/abilities are allowed if they are clones of abilities that existed from Gen 1 to 8. However, please be careful of your power level! (Custom abilities / moves that are truly custom must come with code attached.) *coders is this ok with you?*
  • The BST cap is 680. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
[optional: sprite]
Pokemon name: Singa
Country name: Singapore
Type: Water-Fire
Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 100 / 130 / 80 / 130 / 80 / 120 (BST 640)
Important moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hydro Pump, Will-O-Wisp, Swords Dance, Flare Blitz, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Steam Eruption, Calm Mind
Custom mechanics:

Pokemon details (optional)
Height: 4.6 m
Weight: 230.4kg
Pokédex entry: A mysterious creature, little is known about it. It’s appearance has only been recorded once, at the founding of Singapore, and has never been seen again.

Competitive Niche (optional): A unique typing let’s Singa check the most common Ubers in Zacian- and Zamazenta-Crowned.

Miscellaneous: Slates will last over a month, so that we will not have too many Pokemon running around. 2 weeks for submissions, 1 week for voting and 1 week for discussion and nerfs. I am planning on around 24 new Pokemon, after which we can have a tournament and some playtesting.
In all honesty, I really don't think this will be very popular. This would take 2 years to complete for a start, and it's rather odd to force mons to be based on countries for the ENTIRE mod. It's a rather strict limitation, and I feel it just wouldn't be that fun. I'm open to other's opinions though.

Pet Mod Name: Z-Revival
Pet Mod Concept: Giving signature moves to the pokemon that had signature Z-Moves in generation 7, but lost them due to Z-Moves being cut.
Explanation: The new signature moves must be related to the signature Z-Moves that they had in some way. The signature moves will be designed for competitive use.
Miscellaneous: Due to the small amount of signature Z-Moves that actually existed, this mod will be pretty short. Pokemon that had signature Z-Moves but were cut from Gen 8 will be brought back and be given a new signature move.
This'd be short and sweet. It'd be neat aswell, as some moves would be able to buff mons up the tiers and shake up the meta. I think this should be approved.

Pet Mod Name: Fresh Takes V3
Pet Mod Concept: Basically the same concept as the original Fresh Takes, where Pokemon who struggle in OU are redesigned so they succeed in that environment w
Explanation: We will start with Galar mons before moving on to others. Dynamax is banned. Each slate will last one week. Rules carry over from Fresh Takes V2. We will also hold a vote at the start to determine which Pokémon should return.
Miscellaneous: Once this pet mod is approved, I will send out requests for council members and coders for the mod.
See Breeding Variants V2, approved

Ludicrousity

Fusion Evolution Alpha
Pet Mod Concept: A sister project to Fusion Evolution, which is a soft reboot of the main meta, focused on competitive.
Explanation: As anyone who is involved with FE knows, that mod's competitive side is a mess too difficult to repair. Alpha aims at fixing this issue firstly by beginning fresh, with a few different rules from main, not having any fusion from main, and secondly by the mods keeping an eye at what is broken and what is not. It is basically a Clean Slate version of Fusion Evolution
Fusion Evolution is by far the most popular mod (or was, I don’t know anymore) since it was a fun mechanic and very fun to make the submissions for. It’s too large to get fully done for a decent while at this point, the balance is atrocious thanks to power creeps and there are constantly more fusions added making it even harder. This would be a very nice break for people that like the concept, and would be a very good option for both competitive value, and PMOTS, since it’d be easier to code, fun to sub for and actually competitively viable in comparison to the original.
From the likes said sub has had in the past hour from when it was posted, it seems the community is a fan too.

Approved.

G-Luke

CAP Megas for All

Pet Mod Concept: A sister project for Megas For All, where Mega Evolutions for Pokemon created for the CAP Metagame are created.
Explanation: It’s pretty self-explanatory, though I’m unsure if I should just have the slates in the main thread vs an entire sister project.
I think it makes more sense to just do slates

G-Luke

wasnt sure if i needed to do this so ill just make sure
Pet Mod Concept: More Balanced Hackmons v2
Explanation: Basically like last gen: NatDex BH, all previous changes rolled back. Will make adjustments to moves (mostly QOL changes like proportioning them to 100% accuracy) and mons, and maybe abilities and items.
If you are not doing a brand new thread it to isn't necessary at all

G-Luke

wasnt sure if i needed to do this so ill just make sure
Pet Mod Concept: More Balanced Hackmons v2
Explanation: Basically like last gen: NatDex BH, all previous changes rolled back. Will make adjustments to moves (mostly QOL changes like proportioning them to 100% accuracy) and mons, and maybe abilities and items.
In that case consider it approved. I believe Nat Dex BH is something heavily requested in both OM and Pet Mod communities

G-Luke

Machamp Sprite
Mega
max
Butterfree Sprite

Pet Mod Concept: Converting every one of SWSH's Gigantamax forms into new Mega Evolutions via slates.
Explanation: Via slates, every single Pokemon with a Gigantamax will be given new Megas with those form's designs as the base. Aside from keeping the designs in mind there are no other restrictions other than to keep things balanced, much in the vein of Megas For All. The meta of choice for this mod will be National Dex OU for fairly obvious reasons.
Other Info: EVERYTHING will be converted into a new Mega, including Gigantamax Charizard, Gengar, Meowth, Eevee and Pikachu. Some like Corviknight and Melmetal may be designed with Ubers in mind.
Are you prepared to drop one of your own various projects?

G-Luke

Pet Mod Name::pikachu-starter:Partner Pokemon:eevee-starter:

Pet Mod Concept
: Partner forms are handed out to more Pokemon while also gaining new tools such as Partner Power (see below)

Explanation:
The basic rule is whoever in the evolution family was introduced as the first one to have an evolution in its debut generation while not evolve from something. It also must be the first mon in its family to meet this criteria. This means:

:cleffa::clefairy::clefable:
In this line, Clefairy would receive the Partner form. It was the first mon in it's family to meet the requirements, doing so back in Generation 1 where Cleffa didn't exist. While Cleffa does meet the basic requirements, it was not the first one to do so.

:magby::magmar::magmortar:
Here however, Magby would receive the Partner Form. Magmar was a standalone mon in Generation 1, allowing Magby to be the first mon in the family to meet the criteria.

:porygon::porygon2::porygon-z:
For this family, nobody gets a partner form, as all members were introduced with no evolutions at the time.

all other cases where the family is entirely in one generation have the LC-eligible mon get the partner form.

• +110 BST (may be lowered or raised depending on the Pokemon)
  • Each stat must have at least +10 to it.
  • Abilities don't change (Because let's go games don't feature them.)
  • Typing may change only if an evolution introduced in the same generation has a different type.
  • Base movepool comes from an edited version meant to resemble Let's Go games.
  • Each partner gets 3-5 signature moves with childish-sounding names. (look at Pikachu and Eevee's special moves for examples) ~90 BP with a moderate side effect is the more common one, but the power may be lowered for stronger side effects. The type is related to something special about the Pokemon. (If you can't justify it in some way or if it makes zero sense whatsoever, don't bring it) They side effects do not need to be of a move present in LGPE,
  • Each partner Pokemon also gets a special Partner Power. When activated on the field, they use a 102 base power move that never misses on the opponent. It is always one of the Pokemon's types and can be either category. When not on the field it boosts 3 stats of the active Pokemon. (which stats vary depending on the Partner Pokemon it's from) Partner Powers can only be used once per battle (just like mega stones and Z-crystals)
[b]Pokemon[/b]:
[b]Type[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]:

[hide=Custom Moves]
[b]Move Name[/b]:
[b]Power[/b]:
[b]Accuracy[/b]:
[b]Type[/b]:
[b]Category[/b]:
[b]Side Effect[/b]:

[b]Partner Move Name[/b]:
[b]Power[/b]:
[b]Type[/b]:
[b]Category[/b]:
[b]Non-field Stat Boosts[/b]:
[/hide]

Miscellaneous:
Pikachu and Eevee will be given pre-determined Partner Powers. (Pika Papow and +1 Attack, Sp. Attack, and Speed for Pikachu, Veevee Voley and+1 Defense, Sp. Defense, and Speed for Eevee)

The mod will begin set in the Kanto region of vanilla LGPE rules and expand to more regions as time goes on.

Format notes:
  • Battles take place in a format similar to LGPE OU
  • No EVs, Items, or Abilities.
  • Dynamaxing is not present.
  • Unlike regular LGPE OU, players may carry more than one Partner Pokemon. (Granted they follow the species clause)
All Pokemon use a moveset inspired by LGPE, using all moves from that game plus a few extra moves to prevent STABless scenarios. (Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Power Gem, Shadow Claw, Shadow Bone (For Alolan Marowak), Iron Head, Seed Bomb, Zen Headbutt, Icicle Spear, Dragon Hammer (for Alolan Exeggutor), and Throat Chop) These movepools will be available in a different source that will be crafted later.
Approved. No Pet Mod is currently exploring LGPE, so I think this is a cool avenue.
Pet Mod Name: Best Memories
Pet Mod Concept: Every mechanic/stat/etc of Pokemon will be returned to when it was at its prime, and some mechanics might be added.
Explanation: Every mechanic/stat/etc of Pokemon will be returned to when it was at its prime. For example, Terrain Boosts would be reverted to 1.5x boosts, and a 1.5x boost to Fairy moves would be added in Misty Terrain. This would be decided and mechanics would be added based on voting and nomination stages, as well as periodic discussion.
Miscellaneous: This is a pet mod because something being its "best" is subject to opinion, and also non-static changes are being introduced. I don't have a council in mind, but I might add one in the future.
I love this. Reminds me of Peakmons of old, but with Pet Mod powers its much easier to decided on more controversial issues. Approved.

Ludicrousity

Pet Mod Name: Understudy Project / Impersonators / Little Understudy Hero (WIP name)
Pet Mod Concept: The idea of this Pet Mod is for a Pokémon to "replace" another Pokémon, taking some of their key features in the process.
Explanation: When a Pokémon "replaces" or "impersonates" another Pokémon, they gain any signature move, ability, item, or forms that the one being impersonated may have. The typing and category of these signature things can change, but effects are set in stone. The Pokemon being impersonated can also give its secondary typing, though this is optional. The Pokémon keeps their movepool and their stat distribution, but not their Base Stat Total. The stats follow a simple formula:
Result Stat = Impersonator Stat * Impersonated BST / Impersonator BST
Stats have to be rounded up or down to match the exact target BST. As for the stats of forms, they work like in other Mods like Mix and Mega and Fusion Evolution.
The best way to explain this is with an example. Let's say the Pokémon being replaced is Zygarde.Now, let's say, the Pokémon replacing it was Sylveon.
Stats are as follows:
HP = 95 * 600 / 525 = 108.57
Atk = 65 * 600 / 525 = 74.29
Def = 65 * 600 / 525 = 74.29
SpA = 110 * 600 / 525 = 125.71
SpD = 130 * 600 / 525 = 148.57
Spe = 60 * 600 / 525 = 68.57
The result would be something like this:
And there we have it. Sylveon replacing Zygarde.
Miscellaneous:
  • The Pet Mod will have a council, which is currently composed of me and KeeganSkymin4444
  • The Pet Mod will be slate based. Every slate, the council will post a few Pokémon to get replaced.
  • Only Pokémon that get replaced are allowed to be used. That is to say, this will be a micro-meta.
  • Dynamax and Gigantamax are quickbanned. Impersonator Pokémon will get Gigantamax Forms if the impersonated one has it, but those forms will only be usable in an Ubers side-meta.
  • Megas, Primals, Ultras and signature Z-Moves are returning, but not regular Z-Moves.
  • The Pokémon being replaced will probably be the USUM Pokédex, though this is subject to change. Their replacements can be any National Dex Pokémon.
Spoken in Discord and looked through. This looks like an absolute blast to do. Judging from the likes it seems others think the same. Also shouldn’t be too hard to keep balanced and to code, making it even better as a mod to play, and a great contender for PMOTS in my opinion. Approved

Ludicrousity

Little announcement from me. I will no longer be approving Pet Mods for the time being. I feel there are too many competing with each other, and for that reason quite a few are losing traction. I removed Eevee'd for this same reason. I do not intend to keep this up forever, I will approve mods once I feel there is a healthy amount that aren't competing with each other all the time. With a smaller community than OMs, and them usually being much more user submission focused, we can't have as many Pet Mods as OMs and keep things running at the same speed.

That's all from me for now. I hope this doesn't affect subs and voting in the many mods we currently have.

G-Luke

We will now be reopening submissions for the time being! Quite a few Pet Mods have reached their natural conclusion since we closed off submissions, either by officially ending or user interest unfortunately dying off (it happens in this line of work). So therefore we will be allowing some newer mods the opportunity to come to the forefront. I hope the ideas that have been cooking in Workshop may finally come to fruition. Cheerio!

Ludicrousity

Pet Mod Name: Twisted Pokémon
So, as you may have seen on the lobby of the Discord channel, a fakemon creator has invented for its fakedex this new mechanic that temporairly changes the typing of a Pokémon on the battlefield and also sharply boosts its strongest stats.
We kinda discussed it on that chat and the changes that the form applies aren't very viable, so I decided to just take inspiration from the concept and make a new mechanic. I have already asked the author consent and I'm waiting for a reply, in the case he says no, I won't be able to open this Pet Mod (that's one of the reasons why I'm posting here).

Pet Mod Concept: In this Pet Mod, every Pokémon has the ability to access 2 Twisted forms, Left-Twist and Right-Twist (we'll abbreviate with R/L-Twist or RT/LT).
Explanation: In each form, the Pokémon changes its typing to a predetermined one (selected in base of its current typing) and its STAB moves will change type to the same of the corresponding Twisted type. Moves that change type will also have a prefix that is a word that reflects the type they became.
So, for each type in the game, we'll have an R-Twisted type and an L-Twisted type, which will more or less stay for offensive and defensive typing respectively, as I tried to make the triads so that types are evenly distributed and LT type resists some of the original type's weaknesses, while the RT type hits supereffectively on some of the types that resist the original type. Priority was given to avoiding immunities, then to replace all weaknesses for LT and all the types that resist for RT, both with at least a 1x.
The other reason I'm posting here is to have some feedback on the triads I made, so your opinion on those is really appreciated. My only rule was that each type has to appear either as an RT or LT type twice, if a type only appears as offensive or defensive, it reflects the facts that there are some types that were meant to be mainly on that side of the spectrum (eg: Ice is an offensive type and Water is a defensive one, makes sense to me).
In the following table you can find R and L-twisted types of each of the existing ones:

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->

<-Left Twist-
-Right Twist->
Grass: (1/1) Sprouting
Fire: (1/1) Blazing
Water: (0/2) Soaking
Electric: (2/0) Sparkling
Psychic: (1/1) Mesmerizing
Ice: (2/0) Freezing
Dragon: (0/2) Roaring
Dark: (1/1) Obscuring
Fairy: (1/1) Twinkling
Normal: (1/1) Stomping
Fighting: (1/1) Blasting
Flying: (1/1) Swirling
Poison: (1/1) Polluting
Ground: (2/0) Desolating
Rock: (0/2) Crumbling
Bug: (1/1) Infesting
Ghost: (1/1) Terrifying
Steel: (1/1) Piercing
For example:
Heracross is Bug / Fighting type. Since a Bug-type can become Water OR Psychic-type, while a Fighting-type can become Steel OR Dark-type, our Heracross can either choose to become Water / Steel (LT) or Psychic / Dark (RT) and its STAB moves will change type accordingly, so for example in its RT form Megahorn would hit with Psychic type effectiveness, while Close Combat would be Dark-type. Nothing happens to other moves, including those of the same type as the new ones, for example Knock Off remains Dark-type even if used by an Heracross R-Twist. Also, stats and ability stay the same as regular form.

Rules:
- Single Battle Format
- Megastones, Z-Crystals and Dyna/Gigantamax are not allowed.
- OU clauses
- Natdex

Matches will be based on Battle Stadium Singles with the accessibility to Natdex, so people will have a team of 6 Pokémon, but when entering battle you'll have to choose 3 among them. During battle, your first Pokémon will appear on the field in its regular form. As it is now for Dynamax, you'll have a checkbox to choose if you want to Twist or not, if you tick it, then:
- if you choose to switch to your second Pokémon, it will appear on the field in its Left Twist form
- if you choose to switch to your third (last) Pokémon, it will appear on th field in its Right Twist form
- if you choose to use a move, nothing will happen
After that, if a Twisted Pokémon is on your side of the field, you won't be able to activate Twist again when switching. So, to activate Twist, the Pokémon that is on your side of the field has to be in its regular form. Finally, a Twisted Pokémon that switches out is reverted to its regular form. There is no limit in the number of Twists per battle.
The purpose is to tone down impredictablity and mix the two modalities I've thought (we could also create a co-existing Rotation Battle version of this).

In this case, if I tick the box for Twisting and then I choose to switch into Cinderace, it will come in as Cinderace Left Twist, which is Grass-type, while if I choose to switch into Corviknight, it will come in as Corviknight Right Twist, which is Normal / Ground-type. Nothing happens if it chooses to use Close Combat. Seems simple to use, but difficult to predict, but after all in total you still have 6 possible typings that may switch in, just like in OU.
Twist cannot happen if your Pokémon is forced out with Roar et similia. It doesn't activate also after Parting Shot, U-turn, Volt Switch, Healing Wish, Memento and all similar effects.

- :togekiss:
LT:

RT:

- :abomasnow:
LT:

RT:

- :dracovish: :kingdra:
LT:

RT:

- :tyranitar:
LT:

RT:

- :pangoro: :scrafty:
LT:

RT:

- :sableye: :spiritomb:
LT:

RT:

- :tyrantrum:
LT:

RT:

- :trevenant: :gourgeist: :decidueye: :dhelmise:
LT:

RT:

- :drifblim: :mimikyu:
LT:
and

RT:

- :lapras: :dewgong: :cloyster: :walrein: :arctovish:
LT:

RT:

- :pyroar:
LT:

RT:

- :charizard: :moltres: :talonflame: :oricorio:
LT:

RT:

- :ribombee:
LT:

RT:

- :heracross: :buzzwole:
LT:

RT:

- :articuno: :delibird:
LT:

RT:

- :flygon: :garchomp: :zygarde-10::zygarde:
LT:

RT:

- :shuckle: :armaldo: :crustle:
LT:

RT:

- :dragonite: :altaria: :salamence: :noivern:
LT:

RT:
If we see any threat after testing, we can also do some slates to add some specific Twisted forms that also change ability and swap around 50 base stat points to counter them.

Also, I have most of the coding for that, so if anyone is willing to host it I'll provide it (I'll leave it inside the discussion), it only needs testing.
Approval from me. Something that's almost instantly playable (probably use Dragon Heaven for the first thing), and extremely simple.

Ludicrousity

Pet Mod Name: ViAbilities
Pet Mod Concept: A singles format wherein abilities that are useless competitively, too niche to use over other options, only take effect in Doubles, or have a large RNG component are changed and improved upon by submissions.
Explanation: The list of abilities eligible to be buffed in this mod is determined loosely by abilities Rank 2 or below in the Megas For All ability ranking.
  • Anger Point
  • Anticipation
  • Aroma Veil
  • Ball Fetch
  • Battery
  • Battle Armor
  • Big Pecks
  • Blaze
  • Cheek Pouch
  • Clear Body
  • Color Change
  • Cursed Body
  • Cute Charm
  • Damp
  • Defeatist*
  • Effect Spore
  • Emergency Exit
  • Flame Body
  • Forewarn
  • Friend Guard
  • Frisk
  • Gluttony
  • Grass Pelt
  • Healer
  • Heavy Metal
  • Honey Gather
  • Hydration
  • Hyper Cutter
  • Ice Body
  • Illuminate
  • Immunity
  • Inner Focus
  • Insomnia
  • Justified
  • Keen Eye
  • Klutz
  • Leaf Guard
  • Light Metal
  • Liquid Ooze
  • Liquid Voice
  • Long Reach
  • Magician
  • Magma Armor
  • Minus
  • Moody
  • Mummy
  • Normalize
  • Oblivious
  • Overgrow
  • Own Tempo
  • Pastel Veil
  • Pickpocket
  • Pickup
  • Plus
  • Poison Point
  • Poison Touch
  • Power of Alchemy
  • Rain Dish
  • Rattled
  • Receiver
  • Ripen
  • Rivalry
  • Run Away
  • Sand Veil
  • Serene Grace
  • Shell Armor
  • Slow Start*
  • Sniper
  • Snow Cloak
  • Soundproof
  • Stall
  • Static
  • Steadfast
  • Stench
  • Sticky Hold
  • Suction Cups
  • Super Luck
  • Swarm
  • Sweet Veil
  • Symbiosis
  • Tangled Feet
  • Telepathy
  • Torrent
  • Truant*
  • Unnerve
  • Vital Spirit
  • Water Compaction
  • Weak Armor
  • White Smoke
  • Wonder Skin
*These abilities will be changed in a separate slate with different rules than other slates, and cannot be submitted in FFA slates.
  • Anticipation
  • Aroma Veil
  • Ball Fetch
  • Battery
  • Battle Armor
  • Big Pecks
  • Blaze
  • Cheek Pouch
  • Clear Body
  • Cursed Body
  • Cute Charm
  • Damp
  • Effect Spore
  • Emergency Exit
  • Flame Body
  • Forewarn
  • Friend Guard
  • Frisk
  • Gluttony
  • Healer
  • Heavy Metal
  • Honey Gather
  • Hydration
  • Hyper Cutter
  • Ice Body
  • Illuminate
  • Immunity
  • Inner Focus
  • Insomnia
  • Justified
  • Keen Eye
  • Klutz
  • Leaf Guard
  • Light Metal
  • Liquid Voice
  • Long Reach
  • Magician
  • Minus
  • Moody
  • Mummy
  • Oblivious
  • Overgrow
  • Own Tempo
  • Pastel Veil
  • Pickpocket
  • Pickup
  • Plus
  • Poison Point
  • Poison Touch
  • Power of Alchemy
  • Rain Dish
  • Rattled
  • Receiver
  • Ripen
  • Rivalry
  • Run Away
  • Sand Veil
  • Serene Grace
  • Shell Armor
  • Sniper
  • Snow Cloak
  • Soundproof
  • Stall
  • Static
  • Steadfast
  • Stench
  • Sticky Hold
  • Suction Cups
  • Super Luck
  • Swarm
  • Sweet Veil
  • Symbiosis
  • Tangled Feet
  • Telepathy
  • Torrent
  • Truant
  • Unnerve
  • Vital Spirit
  • Weak Armor
  • White Smoke
  • Wonder Skin
Slates are done in 2 stages. The first stage consists of buffing the abilities themselves, while, in the second stage, the Pokemon whose abilities were buffed in the first stage are themselves given minor buffs by submission, where up to 3 moves and 25 BST can be added, with no more than 15 points added to any particular stat.
  • Stay away from RNG mechanics. Abilities that increase a user's evasion, lower an opponent's accuracy, clone Serene Grace, or involve freezing, confusion, sleep, or infatuation will be vetoed. Existing abilties with these effects will be looked at in future slates. In addition, abilities with a % chance of taking effect should be avoided.
  • Abilities should make sense thematically. Healer causing a burn on switch-in, for example, would be vetoed as it makes little thematic sense for the ability and the Pokemon that would use the ability. In this scenario, you would want Healer to maintain its general purpose of supporting teammates through buffs, removal of status, restoring HP, etc.
  • Abilities with identical or near-identical functions may be grouped together in one submission, such as Blaze, Torrent, Overgrow, and Swarm, or Power of Alchemy and Receiver, though this is not required.
  • In the second part of a slate, Pokemon who had abilities changed in the first part of a slate can be buffed to use their abilities better. For these buffs, no more than 25 BST can be added, no more than 15 points can be added to or removed from any specific stat, and a maximum of 3 moves can be added as well. For Pokemon RUBL and above (if Gen 8 is chosen, see Misc.), no stat points may be removed from one stat to be added to another.
  • If a Pokemon in an evolutionary line has an ability changed by the first part of a slate, but the final evolution does not, the ability is carried to the final evolution regardless of whether or not buffs were submitted, but buffs may still be submitted for it. (i.e. Combee gets Honey Gather but Vespiquen does not. If no buffs are submitted for Vespiquen after the first stage of a slate buffs Honey Gather, it will get Honey Gather and no buffs, but if a Vespiquen buff wins in the second stage of a slate, the buffs and Honey Gather will be added.)
  • A Pokemon with multiple abilities under Rank 2 in the M4A ranking may only be buffed twice. Regardless of how sensible someone's buffs might be, +75 BST and 9 hand-picked new moves on Weavile, Drapion, or Klinklang would be absolutely absurd.
  • Balancing: In the event a Pokemon is deemed broken, it will be put up to a vote on how to deal with it, either by a complete ban, banning a modified ability on that specific Pokemon, or banning unmodified abilities on that specific Pokemon.
  • Voting in set slates (Stage 1): Each determined slate will have 5 abilities to be modified, and for each of the 5 abilities, voters will vote for their top 3 choices, with the #1 slot being worth 3 votes, #2 worth 2, and #3 worth 1. Self-votes cannot exceed 3 (One #1 placement, one #2 and #3, or 3 #3 placements).
  • Voting in FFA slates (Stage 1): Any ability can be submitted, voters choose their top 5 choices, and order does not matter. One self-vote is permitted, but under the condition that all 5 potential votes are used.
  • Voting in Stage 2: For each buffed ability, voters vote for their top 3 choices with the same method as in set slates. 3 Pokemon will win for each ability. Self-votes cannot exceed 3.
Miscellaneous: Before the first slate begins, a vote will take place on whether to use Gen 8 OU or NatDex as the base format. In the event NatDex wins, the first rule under Stage 2 Rules will pertain to Pokemon above NatDex UU.
Screenshot_1.png

Yep. Approved :P

Ludicrousity

With authorization from AquaticPanic...

Pet Mod Name: Regional Evolutions
Pet Mod Concept: A spin-off/expansion of the original Regional Variants Pet Mod. This is self-explanatory; make new Regional Variants for existing Pokémon, under the condition that this time, you also have to make a new Regional Evolution in the style of either Obstagoon or Sirfetch'd (a whole new stage evolution) or Runerigus ("replacement" evolution).
Explanation: Despite the Regional Evolutions proving to be a well-liked expansion to the whole Regional Variant concept, AquaticPanic does not wanted any of these in the Regional Variant Pet Mod, as to not shift the focus of the Pet Mod in question. This expansion is made specifically made for that; to allow Regional Evolutions (and new Regional Forms that precede them) to be made without stepping the toes of the original Pet Mod.
Miscellaneous: May make a council, but I am not sure if the council from the main Pet Mod thread will help me out. You can also make a New Stage Evolution to compatible official Regional Variants that would really make use one (i.e. Alolan Raticate) or an accepted submission of your own. Rules are the same as Regional Variant's, but with some addition to make the Regional Evolutions to be added seamlessly.

Full Submission Rules will be posted in the OP of the Pet Mod once approved. It's mostly the same as Regional Variants but with a few additions.
  1. You may submit for any legal line you’d like as long as you included either a New Stage Evolution or a Replacement Evolution. This includes Branched Evos, except for Eevee and Tyrogue themselves (their respective evolutions are okay). Any other branched evo line will count as a single submission (so feel free to make a whole Ralts line, for an example). Giving just a New Stage Evolution to a canon RV that doesn’t have one or the accepted submissions from the Regional Variants Pet Mod (preferably yours) is also permitted.
  2. You may submit for up to a total of 6 lines. Adding a New Stage Evolution for a pre-existing Regional Variant or an accepted submission (preferably yours) counts as a full line.
    1. Two people may make a Regional Variant of the same evolutionary line, or a New Stage Evolution for a pre-existing or accepted submissions, as long as they are different from each others.
    2. Do not make a regional “counterpart” to existing Regional Evolutions, which are as Perrserker, Obstagoon, Mr. Rime, Sirfetch’d, Runerigus and Cursola, as well as accepted New Stage/Replacement Evolutions.
    3. You also cannot submit an evolution of the original counterparts even if their regional variants have one. This is Regional Evolutions, not just Evolutions.
  3. You may vote for up to 7 lines per slate.
  4. Minimum BST for the New Stage Evolutions will be 500, with the maximum will be 600. However, try to aim for 500-530 BST range unless you have a good flavor reason for the New Stage Evolution to have a higher BST.
    1. Pokémon with BST at 486 or higher cannot be given a New Stage Evolution. Exception will be given for Regional Forms that are exceptionally poor in competitive scene, or that you honestly think it wouldn’t perform so well. Even then, consider a New Stage Evolution as an option in this case instead of mandatory.
    2. Pokémon that is already a three-stage evolutionary line (i.e. Pichu to Raichu, Cleffa to Clefable) are not allowed to received a New Stage Evolution. However, a Replacement Evolution is always possible for these.
    3. Carrying over one rule from Regional Variants: "No more than +/- 30 in any single stat. You cannot increase a Pokemon's higher attack/defense if the difference between both attacks/defense is more than 50. [...] You may swap a Pokemon's stats before modifying them, but the gap rule still applies to the new higher stat."
    4. Obviously, don't go with the min-maxing. New Stage Evolutions tend to much stronger than their pre-evolution, so be cautious of what Abilities you will give (remember, only pre-existing Abilities allowed).
    5. New Stage Evolutions can have up to six new Moves that their pre-evolution(s) cannot learn. If you decided to give it a new Type and that the Pokémon was single-typed, then ten extra Moves (preferably for STAB and flavor) will be added.
    6. Original branched evolutions can each receive a New Stage Evolution as long as it respects the conditions required for one. Otherwise, it’s Replacement Evolutions instead. A New Stage Evolution or Replacement Evolution can be branched as well, but no more than two branched evolutions per line.
    7. For Flavor/Design, be sure to give Height and Weight to your New Stage Evolutions. Weight is especially important does to moves like Low Kick and Grass Knot.
    8. Not every canon Regional Variant with BST below 485 and are single-stage or stage 1 evo needs a New Stage Evolution. Things like Alolan Marowak and especially Galarian Darmanitan will go overkill with a New Stage Evolution. The rest that would be compatible for a new evolution are fine.
  5. Replacement Evolutions follows the same rules as standard Regional Variants, but with a new name instead of “[Regional Pre-Fix] Pokémon”, and be sure that the design is drastic from the original evolution.
  6. Does to taking place in NatDex (where Mega Stones and Z-Moves can be used), no Moves goes “unusable”. However, unlike Regional Variants Pet Mod, you cannot give a Mega Evolution to any submission regardless if the original counterpart had any. The original Regional Variants Pet Mod is where you can do so, anyways.
I meant to approve this ages ago (like, when I liked it). And I completely forgot like a dumbass. So... yeah, approved. Something simple and fun that sticks to basics.

Ludicrousity

Pet Mod Name: Nerfmons
Pet Mod Concept: NU Based Pet Mod that nerfs higher Pokemon to balance them in NU.
Explanation: Pokemon will be nerfed in slates of three or four. We probably willl nerf up to 20 to 25 Pokemon in total.
Miscellaneous: Not sure if anyone is interested in a council. DM me if you are if this is approved.
Approved for it's simplicity and the fact that it goes against all the other mods by actually lowering the power level which is unique. Is arguably the most simple mod out there, and will likely be a contender for the best mod to get people into mods, due to its simplicity.

Pet Mod name: VGCX
Pet Mod concept: A metagame based around VGC, where the users submit Pokemon. There will be three formats, Bronze, Silver and Gold. Bronze mimics the regional dex only format, with just the new created Pokemon and the lucky older ones that made it. Silver allows the national dex, while Gold allows 2 restricted Pokemon. All of the formats have no mega evolutions, z moves or dynamax.

Example:
Name: Frigistone (final evolution of Galarian Geodude)
Type: Rock / Ice
Ability: Clear Body / Technician / Dazzling
Base stats: 55 / 45 / 80 / 130 / 65 / 120
Useful moves
Physical: N/A (Attack stat is too low)
Special: Ancient Power, Icy Wind, Frost Breath, Freeze-Dry Blizzard, Earth Power, Weather Ball, Blizzard, Energy Ball, Power Gem, Geo Force*
*Geo Force: 110 BP, Rock, Special, 85% accuracy, 5 PP (8 max), 10% Chance to reduce foe's Speed. Single target.
Size: 1.4m
Weight: 200kgs
Egg Group: Mineral
Competitive use: As Weavile has shown, a fast Ice type is great for checking Dragon types. Other than Dragapult and Noivern, Frigistone outruns all of them and can smash them with its STABs. It can also check Flying types well, and has great utility with STAB Icy Wind.
Is it broken: Rock / Ice typing is horrible defensively, giving it a 4X weakness to Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. It also really wishes it could run both abilities, as Technician gives it a frighteningly strong Frost Breath but Dazzling protecting it from priority moves is really helpful too. It's also quite frail
Is it outclassed: Its great Speed and being a Special Attacker allows it to separate itself from Tyranitar, and a check to dangerous Pokemon like Garchomp and Landorus-T is always appreciated.

Misc

• I think I will have a council
  • Most of the time will be spent on Bronze format
  • Buffs for older Pokemon will be dished out, however do bear in mind some Pokemon will always be terrible.
  • I reserve the right to reject a creation if it would be overpowered.
  • Some abilities like Illuminate, Run Away and the like will be buffed to make them more viable. Others like Intimidate might be nerfed to balanced them out a bit more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)