Sugar, Spice and One for All
Approved. This is a peculiar concept, and one that sounds pretty fun to see flesh out.Pet Mod Name: Brokenmons Unchained
Pet Mod Concept: This might seem like another one of those simple buff this and that Pet Mods but there are two twists:
Explanation: Theoretically a Pokemon is broken if you could put it in SS OU and it would have virtually no checks and counters. There are some more nuances but generally when buffing think about making it the best mon in the current metagame potentially even banworthy. When buffing NFE's and LC's they do not have to follow the same archetype as their final evolution. For example you can make Charizard Fire/Flying a special sweeper, Charmeleon a Fire/Dragon physical tank, and Charmander be a bulky utility mon (each with unique abilities and movepools). Moves, Abilities and Items can be created and existing ones may receive buffs as well. Given the scale of this Pet Mod it'd be best to have a decent slate size, the exact size currently depends on how much interest this receives.
- Each Pokemon is designed to be broken not just viable in a balanced metagame.
- NFE's and LC's are treated as individual Pokemon and will also be broken.
Miscellaneous: If this gets approved I'm open to a council. In general I plan to take a lot of suggestions because this is a big big task. Also I'd be the primary coder for this Pet Mod and would also host it on my server.
- There is a limit, don't just give random Pokemon Wonder Guard or Huge Power
- When buffing there has to be a slightly plausible justification for your choices
- Machop is a Fighting/Dragon type because its face looks slightly dragon-like = GOOD
- Machop is a Grass/Fire type type because it is = BAD
- Set in NatDex OU with Dynamax Banned
- Megas will receive buffs but most likely will be banned to ubers
- Down the line some ubers maybe nerfed or simply unbanned
Approved. Fakemon concepts are cool, and I like the idea of these pokemon having built in "failsafes" of sorts.Restrictions
Pet Mod Concept: A metagame made of 60 Fakemon submitted with restrictions on some of their attributes.
Explanation: For every "slate," people are given each of the following...
- One somewhat viable ability.
- One "viable" move, according to Pokemon Showdown's teambuilder.
- One primary typing.
- Three numbers and stats to go with the (example - Defense 130, Speed 108, SpDef 62)
Whatever you submit must have at least two of the above bullet points, and in the case of the ability and move, the submission should want to use it in a competitive battle. Which two you choose is up to you, and everything that is not already listed out is up to you.
Below I have an example...
View attachment 249335
With this slate, you would be able to do any of the following...
- A fully defensive Dragon/Fairy-type that uses Poison Heal to keep healthy
- An offensive Normal-type using those stats, a high Attack, and lower Def/Sp. Def, alongside Guts and Cross Chop for coverage
- A Fairy/Electric-type Scarf user with those stats plus a Sp.Atk-boosting ability and low Def/Sp.Def
- A stallbreaking Fighting-type with Cross Chop as its STAB option as well as Poison Heal
Those are just examples. You're given such a small amount that you're forced to work with that you'll be able to be creative with your options, and doing so would likely be helpful to make your submission stand out.
- At any given point, three slates will be running simultaneously, and only one submission from each slate will win.
- Each person would only be able to submit one Pokemon for each slate. Three will be running simultaneously, so they can submit three Fakemon at most per "round."
- Custom abilities, moves etc. would not be allowed. You can also put moves in just for fluff or flavor but they won't be necessary.
- Sometimes, the spreadsheet will give two options that don't really work well together. For a common example, it can give a physical move with the given stats having low Attack. I most likely won't be rerolling this.
- For some of the earlier Pokemon, I want people to balance them as if they were going to be put directly into Gen 8 OU just for reference. This would change to just being balanced around the Pokemon in the meta once we get a little ways in.
- Existing Pokemon will be banned, and only the final 60 we have will be allowed.
- I'll probably have a council, but not right away. I'll be judging who I think should be council a good ways in.
- Because this is another Fakemon-based project, I'll let people make sprites for this. They can use existing sprites from other projects or from their own Fakedexes, as long as it's not stolen art of course.