Resource Pet Mods Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pet Mod Name: Brokenmons Unchained
Pet Mod Concept: This might seem like another one of those simple buff this and that Pet Mods but there are two twists:
  1. Each Pokemon is designed to be broken not just viable in a balanced metagame.
  2. NFE's and LC's are treated as individual Pokemon and will also be broken.
Explanation: Theoretically a Pokemon is broken if you could put it in SS OU and it would have virtually no checks and counters. There are some more nuances but generally when buffing think about making it the best mon in the current metagame potentially even banworthy. When buffing NFE's and LC's they do not have to follow the same archetype as their final evolution. For example you can make Charizard Fire/Flying a special sweeper, Charmeleon a Fire/Dragon physical tank, and Charmander be a bulky utility mon (each with unique abilities and movepools). Moves, Abilities and Items can be created and existing ones may receive buffs as well. Given the scale of this Pet Mod it'd be best to have a decent slate size, the exact size currently depends on how much interest this receives.
  1. There is a limit, don't just give random Pokemon Wonder Guard or Huge Power
  2. When buffing there has to be a slightly plausible justification for your choices
    • Machop is a Fighting/Dragon type because its face looks slightly dragon-like = GOOD
    • Machop is a Grass/Fire type type because it is = BAD
  3. Set in NatDex OU with Dynamax Banned
  4. Megas will receive buffs but most likely will be banned to ubers
  5. Down the line some ubers maybe nerfed or simply unbanned
Miscellaneous: If this gets approved I'm open to a council. In general I plan to take a lot of suggestions because this is a big big task. Also I'd be the primary coder for this Pet Mod and would also host it on my server.
Approved. This is a peculiar concept, and one that sounds pretty fun to see flesh out.

Restrictions

Pet Mod Concept: A metagame made of 60 Fakemon submitted with restrictions on some of their attributes.

Explanation: For every "slate," people are given each of the following...

- One somewhat viable ability.
- One "viable" move, according to Pokemon Showdown's teambuilder.
- One primary typing.
- Three numbers and stats to go with the (example - Defense 130, Speed 108, SpDef 62)

Whatever you submit must have at least two of the above bullet points, and in the case of the ability and move, the submission should want to use it in a competitive battle. Which two you choose is up to you, and everything that is not already listed out is up to you.

Below I have an example...

View attachment 249335

With this slate, you would be able to do any of the following...

- A fully defensive Dragon/Fairy-type that uses Poison Heal to keep healthy
- An offensive Normal-type using those stats, a high Attack, and lower Def/Sp. Def, alongside Guts and Cross Chop for coverage
- A Fairy/Electric-type Scarf user with those stats plus a Sp.Atk-boosting ability and low Def/Sp.Def
- A stallbreaking Fighting-type with Cross Chop as its STAB option as well as Poison Heal

Those are just examples. You're given such a small amount that you're forced to work with that you'll be able to be creative with your options, and doing so would likely be helpful to make your submission stand out.

Miscellaneous:

- At any given point, three slates will be running simultaneously, and only one submission from each slate will win.
- Each person would only be able to submit one Pokemon for each slate. Three will be running simultaneously, so they can submit three Fakemon at most per "round."
- Custom abilities, moves etc. would not be allowed. You can also put moves in just for fluff or flavor but they won't be necessary.
- Sometimes, the spreadsheet will give two options that don't really work well together. For a common example, it can give a physical move with the given stats having low Attack. I most likely won't be rerolling this.
- For some of the earlier Pokemon, I want people to balance them as if they were going to be put directly into Gen 8 OU just for reference. This would change to just being balanced around the Pokemon in the meta once we get a little ways in.
- Existing Pokemon will be banned, and only the final 60 we have will be allowed.
- I'll probably have a council, but not right away. I'll be judging who I think should be council a good ways in.
- Because this is another Fakemon-based project, I'll let people make sprites for this. They can use existing sprites from other projects or from their own Fakedexes, as long as it's not stolen art of course.
Approved. Fakemon concepts are cool, and I like the idea of these pokemon having built in "failsafes" of sorts.

G-Luke

Pet Mod Name: PokeStory
Pet Mod Concept: A pet mode where I make changes to Pokemon that make sense based on my own canon universe.
Explanation: In this pet mode, I'll make changes to a Pokemon's movepool, types, abilities, and very rarely stats. For example, Blastoise will be a Water/Steel type, Noivern would have Aerilate as an ability, and Volcarona will have Scorching Sands as a learnable move. Plus Delibird would be a Mythical with 100 across the board. There will also be a mechanic called Synergy Burst similar to Pokken that will allow a Pokemon to mega, change form, or Gmax.
Miscellaneous: People can post suggestions on things that make sense and I'll decide to add it to the PokeStory.
This sounds like it belongs here

G-Luke

G-Luke Sorry to bother you again! I hope my last post explains the reasoning behind my submission as a pet mod with community-driven changes as opposed to a solomod. Given the work that's gone into it, I would really appreciate the chance to take it forward in this new direction! May I have your approval, please?
Alr, I'll bite. I will approve this.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pet Mod Name: OM Graveyard
Pet Mod Concept: Similar to the Solomods Megathread, except this thread is where you post unapproved, denied, ineligible, Past Gen OMs/Pet Mod OMs, or unapproved Pet Mod OMs to be coded and/or discussed.
Explanation: We need a megathread where we can play all of these ideas being put forth by people in the OM Workshop. And what happens to all the Past Gen OMs? They just die. This would be a way to keep them alive. Also, some Pet Mods fall into borderline OM category. Things like PokeClasses, Bench Abilities, and Permutations. Only Past Gen OM Pet Mods and new, unapproved submissions would be eligible. Mods would be like submissions. We would then hold a vote on what mods get approved. Once approved, an OM would be coded if necessary and added to the list, just like in the Solomods thread.
Miscellaneous: I will ask around for anyone willing to be a part of the council.
Sounds like a great idea to revive old Pet Mods but having unapproved mods would make Pet Mods submissions of less importance. There's already a high rate of approval (Given that mostly we can give at least one opportunity to mods to see their reception by the community) so we can drop the unapproved mods from that list. The ideas from the Pet Mods workshop are for discussion and they can be then posted here for approval first. If at all a Pet Mod submission is not approved then it should be an unofficial Pet Mod.

The borderline mods like Bench Abilities and PokeClasses have their own thread open as of now so we can revive them by posting in their threads for now if we can get activity in them again.

The voting system is good so we know that players are interested in playing that mod.

Having Past Gen Pet Mods sounds great to me. Wait for G-Luke and Ludi for more.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Name: National Meta Mons (Other name suggestions appreciated)
Concept: The idea is to create brand new, roughly 40-50 Pokemon sized metagames that would draw inspiration from a specific region of the world, such as Texas or the Philippines. These metas would contain a mix of fakemon, regional forms and evolutions of existing Pokemon, and buffed or nerfed versions of returning Pokemon.
Explanation: Each project will begin with the selection of a certain region that the Pokémon of the meta will draw inspiration from. For the sake of convenience to begin, the first Meta would be based on Texas, but after that each project’s location would be voted on in the thread. The meta would progress in slates targeting various aspects of the project. For example, each region would begin with a slate to submit fakemon starters for the meta, and a slate after might focus specifically on Ice types. The meta would aim to have a power level equivalent to mid-tier OU and High-tier UU. Each meta would contain roughly 30 new fakemon lines, 5 regional form lines, 5 regional evolution lines, and 10 adjusted Pokemon, each with their own unique aspects setting them apart. Pre-evolutions would be submitted, but would exist mostly for flavor. Each meta would aim to have a relatively equal balance of each type and a climate where many different playstyles are viable. Templates for submissions and instructions for voting would be provided. I don’t currently have plans for a council, but it’s definitely a possibility for the future. The biggest hiccup in this idea is the fact that I know absolutely nothing about coding, but hopefully I can find a way around that.
This has an interesting flavour to it. I hope people would know about those places well so pick popular regions. Post some info on them when announcing slates if required. Regions like The Sahara Desert and Amazon, which are very popular and diverse, would be great too I believe. We can try this out. Approved!
Name Ideas:
Regionalmons
Nativemons

Coding won't be a problem. There are coders in Pet Mods. You can read the #coding-tools channel of the Pet Mods Discord to learn about Showdown coding. It's very easy to get in to and we have some great tools to make the work easy.
https://discord.gg/RdwEuXR
You can discuss about coding in #coding.

Pet Mod Name: Inverted Items
Pet Mod Concept: The effect of all items is inverted
Explanation: As the brief concept says, this metagame would play around all items having effects inverted, for example, Pecha Berry triggering bad poisoning on switch-in, Toxic Orb healing poisoning at the end of each turn, Room Service raising speed by 1 on switch-in if there's no Trick Room, etc.
As items that boost damage output now do the opposite, this may seem like a tier friendly to stall, but on the other hand, there's plenty of items that now double the speed of the user roaming around (Macho Brace, Power Bracer, etc.), with the most notable one being the Iron Ball, as it also grants a Ground immunity while being held. Pecha Berry also turns a set of Gliscor with Acrobatics actually viable out of the item being lost upon use, and unlike Toxic Orb, it can't be Knocked Off before it pulls its effect, as it's going to trigger as soon as it's sent out, and with Eviolite now becoming bad now you may consider using Blissey over Chansey. Hawlucha now also is able to outspeed the entire metagame on switch-in with Unburden + Room Service.

Trick and Switcheroo also turn into even better good options than before to cripple stuff with, and now the Black Sludge is used instead over all non-Poison types, while Poison types that want it are forced to run the more unreliable Sticky Barb, among multiple other interesting changes on how to use items.

For the record, Megaevolution items would become usable on all mons but the originally intended user, however, unlike Mix and Mega, the Mega-Evolved mon would end up with the exact same base stats (Bar HP) and typing as the original result, for example, a Charizardite X Caterpie would directly become a Mega Charizard X, and Z-Crystals will just apply an inverted multiplier for offensive Z-Moves, and get their effect inverted too (if avaiable) and so on.

Rules:
Item Clause: No team may have more than 1 of the same item, this is mainly to avoid drastic item spam and promote variety in the metagame overall.
Bans: Lagging Tail, Full Incense (Granting pseudo-priority to all moves by just holding an item is too centralizing and uncompetitive), Ring Target (It would grant an opposite Wonder Guard (Aka, the user can only be affected by moves it's resistant to), lol), Smeargle (Sketch + Any megastone it wants to break the meta is a big no), Megastones that are already Ubers (Self-Explanatory), Red Orb, Blue Orb (Who wants P-Don and P-Kyogre roaming around the meta?), potentially more if the meta becomes too unhealthy by some other factor.
Metagame style: This metagame will be based on Nat Dex OU, with Dynamax banned, as usual
Miscellaneous: A council could totally be used to check some of the ideas that are brought up, and remain consistent with the way item effects are inverted and so on.
Wouldn't that be an OM if the same rule applies for all items? Unless there can be multiple meanings of inverted in case of a certain item for which we'll have to make custom changes.

Last edited:

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Yes, that's the case, I discussed this issue before in the PM Discord, after all.

For example, there's multiple ways to invert the effect of Assault Vest, it could go from just reducing the user's Special Defense by 1.5 to just inflicting a Torment effect on the user instead of the no status moves stuff, or a combination of the above.
My bad I didn't see that. There are multiple ways to invert items indeed.

The Pet Mod has a lot of interesting possibilities as you have listed. Approved!

Concept X
Pet Mod Concept: This is a micrometagame whose goal is to create a brand new concept from scratch, and if possible, it can be given to any Pokémon. Existing concepts include Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, and Dynamax
Explanation: This pet mod will be in a cycle. In the first submission phase, everybody will suggest original concepts that can affect the style of play. Once voting phase is over, we will do a FFA and suggest Pokémon that can be given the concept. An example of the latter is gifting Charizard a Mega. If it applies to every Pokémon, such as Z-Moves and Dynamax, then you can give some Pokémon exclusive stuff, such as how Duraludon gets its own G-Max form while Kommo-o gets its own Z-move. Once we have decided if the concept has applied to all or some Pokémon, we can do another concept. There will only be 5 concepts for this micrometa.
Miscellaneous: This will be led by a council consisting of me at the moment, but I’ll add people based on how well they behave and on how well they make their subs.

Timelines

Concept: This Pet Mod explores the concept of a Pokemon lifecycle from it's hatching to it's [insert Pokemon death equivalent]
Explanation: For the submission phase, four Pokemon will be given. The submitters can choose any two out of these four, and create a new Pokemon from the result (note: the original two's gender will not be given). The submitter must then display the possible moves (no TMs or tutors, but a single egg move is allowed), abilities (max 2), name, stats, gender ratios, growth rate, evolution level (number of steps for level 10), and Pokedex entry for it's 3 stages of evolution. The first stage must be at level 10, the second at level 30, and the final at anything above 50. It can also include any extra detail or particular quirks about the Pokemon.
Extra: If one of the parents has a Gmax form, a custom Z-move or a Mega Evolution, all the relevant details can added.
More extra: There might potentially be a bonus round where no original Pokemon are given, and the submitters submit the origin story of a legendary with all the necessary detail.
How this would be played (if anyone can be bothered to code it): Each team is allowed 2 of each stage of evolution, but all are level 100.
Why I think this would be good: I think this would be a decent Pet Mod because of its slight difference to others. It's the only one as far as I'm aware to explore different levels of new Pokemon. It would also be fun exploring how new Pokemon grow, seeing their abilities, moves and stats get stronger throughout their evolution Timeline.
Misc (only because everyone else includes it):
I don't like the name council so I'll call it the Galactic Republic and we always have to wear robes when we adjourn (only me until someone bothers applying).

This has probably been done before but whatever
Pet Mod Name: Deltamons
Pet Mod Concept: This mod is going to be taking the already existing delta pokemon from the tcg, and slapping them into the gen 8 meta.
Explanation: Okay so the easiest way to explain what the fuck delta pokemon are, they're basically offensive type swaps for tcg, ie they get a new stab offensively with the same weakness defensively. This mod is going to have them gain the type fully both offensively and defensively, but because the TCG had a grand total of 9 types in 2005 we gotta play catch up and do some conversions here.
The Type used in the TCG gameThe according types it can become in the mod
Fire or this symbol
Fire
Lighting or this symbol
Electric
Metal or this symbol
Steel
Water or this symbol
Water or Ice
Fighting or this symbol
Fighting, Rock, or Ground
Darkness or this symbol
Dark or Poison
Grass or this symbol
Grass or Bug
Psychic or this symbol
Psychic, Fairy, or Ghost
Colorless or this symbol
Normal, Flying, or Dragon
Now right off the back I can see that a lot of people who might not know 2005 tcg might be a bit confused so allow me to explain. Prior to gen 5 in tcg dragons did not have their own energy, fairies didn't exist yet and most of the existing ones were normal types so I figured slap that under colorless, and poison was under grass. That's right kiddos prior to gen 4 in tcg, poison was under grass. It then went to psychic and then to darkness. I may switch it over to dark to give the darkness delta pokemon more variety when coming into the mod.

Update: I swapped fairy and poison because I both wanted to give darkness more variety and reduce the variety for colorless.

Anyway rules, they're important
  1. This is using the Natdex OU format, so even if there is a Mewtwo delta here, it will not be used during the submission slates.
  2. You have to use the type chart when bringing over the delta Pokémon to the mod, ie you can't make Latios a ground type in the mod if it was a water type in game.
  3. For sake of a more complex meta, if the Pokémon is dual typed in the video games but not in the card games it can keep its secondary typing. There will be some cases where the card is dual typed in which case the typing must be the same. IE Delta Tyranitar is Fire/Metal in the card game and would be Fire/Steel when converting into the mod. Delta Tyranitar EX is just Lighting however so when converting into the mod it can be just electric or electric/dark since base Tyranitar is Rock/Dark.
  4. Submissions must share the same base stat total of the original Pokémon and the same amount of abilities as the original Pokémon.
  5. You can swap abilities for whatever you see fit as long as it's not broken.
  6. You can alter the stats by 20 points total. IE If you give Latias 10 more HP it has to lose 10 of some other stat.
  7. You can also swap certain stats around so if you want electric/steel Charizard to be more physically based you can swap its attack stat for its special attack stat.
  8. Each submission slate will be focused on three of the Pokémon selected, including EX mons.
  9. EX mons are their own separate mons and will be treated as such ie Gardevoir and Gardevoir EX would be separate things.
  10. No megas, No Z-Moves, and no dmaxing/gmaxing
  11. You may swap up to 15 moves for these subs, but it must be an equal exchange. IE you can't remove scratch from Charizard and give it behemoth bash.

Miscellaneous: It would be lead by just me for now, however I am open and in favor of there being a council for anyone interested. I am sorry for how long this is.

Last edited:
Pet Mod Name: Its time for the NFEs! or something, i am horrible naming things
Pet Mod Concept: you know pet mods that buff mons, right? we wlii be doing this, but in the nfe meta!
Explanation: here, we buff unviable mons (that would be a lot of work, so we will only work with second stage mons without an baby form.) drom the nfe meta to become as strong as mons like kadabra, or other strong mons. we will also nerf ubers mons, like chans and doublade, since we aim for having every nfe mon usable, and you cant be usable if ur banned.
Miscellaneous: we will have an council of 4-5 members, not too much but has an decent amount of members

G-Luke

Pet Mod Name: Generation X
Pet Mod Concept: This Pet Mod aims at creating a new generation of Pokémon, as if a new game was released by GF.
Explanaition: Slates will be organized to create an organic environment, and they will be ordered to feature each part of the core of a new game. The Pet Mod will add new elements to the existing metagame, including:
- 40-50 new fully evolved Fakemon or regional variants, with starters, legendaries, pseudo-legendaries and mysterious Pokémon;
- a few new moves, abilities and items;
- some changes to existing moves, abilities, movepools, stat distributions and eventually mechanics;
- a poll will decide if we want to introduce a new mechanic or add some megaevolutions;
- eventually if anyone has interest in doing it, we'll also create trainers and characters for the story, with the possibilty to create specific Fakemons for specific trainers.
Miscellaneous: the council will be constituted by me, Hematite (maybe) and DuoM2, we'll have some rights of vetoing subs if anythig is OP or doesn't fit flavour (maker of the sub will be obviously allowed to modify it according to imposed rules before the submission period ends). In any case, we won't start subs until September (preferably the second half) and the whole world building process will last about half a year.
I like it. Approved.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
Pet Mod Name: Synergy
Pet Mod Concept: A doubles-based Pet Mod where moves and ability can unlock an additional effect if paired with an ally of a specific type.
Explanation: Ripped straight off from Inspired from temtem, which gains additional effects like extra power or extra priority. This Pet Mod will use a submission and voting slate, with the submission slate lasting for 2 weeks and the voting slate lasting for 5 days. During the voting slate, everyone can vote up to 6 moves or abilities of their liking except for their own submission. Each submission can have up to 6 moves and abilities. There won't be any specific theme for any of its slate, so feel free to pick any moves and abilities you want.

Example:
Move: Twister
Synergizes with: Flying-type
Additional effect: Increases its power by 50.
So when it's paired with a Togekiss who is part-Flying-type, its power will be 90 Power. But if it's paired with Incineroar who isn't Flying-type, it would have 40 Power instead. Since it's an otherwise weak move, it's usually not recommended, that is just a more detailed explanation.

Miscellaneous:
  • I don't plan to have a council, but if you suggest me to do so, then I could reconsider.
  • I might consider forbade moves or ability such as Trick Room to avoid some headache if someone ends up making it more powerful like extending it for 5 turns.
  • Considering Doubles has a faster pace, I'm worried that the synergy part wouldn't be too practical. If there's any recommendation, then I might take it.
Doubles mods don't tend to see as much action from my knowledge, but I do very much like the concept you have behind this. I can't really approve with confidence that this would see more action than any in the past. However, I do not want to flat out reject an idea like this, that I enjoy the sound of. I'm going to have to let Luke or Zard pick a side here, unfortunately.

It’s been a month. Any answer?
Same here. I feel new mechanics could be fun, but we already see issues with only 3 in the main games. This could get messy quickly. However, I feel if ran properly, this could be fun. I'll say approved; but please take care while running it.

Same here. I feel new mechanics could be fun, but we already see issues with only 3 in the main games. This could get messy quickly. However, I feel if ran properly, this could be fun. I'll say approved; but please take care while running it.
It will be a micrometa without Z-Moves, Dynamax, and Megas. Also with each micrometa finished, another micrometa will be developed. In each micrometa, there will only be one concept, and that concept is the one that will be developed during that micrometa’s stage.

I will make sure to take care of it.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Pet Mod Name: Leaguemons

Pet
Mod Concept: This mod aims to add 148 new Pokémon, corresponding to all the champions of League of Legends, to the Galarian Pokédex, through a patch system that will also nerf and buff these Pokémon through votes after their release, and rework them if they are outdated.

Explanation: This mod will try to be as realistic as possible with the champions of the League, having stats like Defense and Special Defense correspond to a champion’s Armor and Magic Resistance and Attack and Special Attack to a champion’s AD and AP ratios in the game. For what regards Speed and HP, the first will be chosen by the mobility of a specific champion, while HP will be decided by the champion’s level 1 HP stat and its scaling throughout the game. The mod will also give moves to the champions if they fit (for example, Aphelios could learn Flamethrower due to one of his weapons being one) and will add signature moves if needed.

Miscellaneous: A champion’s stats, ability and moves will be chosen by voting, while the Pokémon to be put through a patch will be decided by their winrate, although the nerfs and buffs will be chosen by voting.
As Ludi said, this can be done in Crossover Chaos over time better. So I'll drop it from my side.

Pet Mod Name: Pet Mod Reject Squad
Pet Mod Concept: Alright so for a lot of Pet Mods they eventually end adding submissions at some point, and say something you really liked didn't even get in, and it can never get in because no more pokemon are being added currently. This is where they would go.
Explanation: This would be a micrometa of 50 user submitted pokemon, and one Dinodily. If the pet mod is currently not taking in any more submissions it's valid. Rejects can include either an already existing sub that didn't get enough votes, or an idea you had later on after the mod had ended.
  1. If a pet mod has a version that is currently accepting subs you cannot bring it into to Reject Squad. Reject Squad is for only pet mods that have ended.
  2. No pet mod all stars shit, I want to avoid it because not everyone is comfortable with it, and I am not comfortable with including pokemon based on forum users.
  3. The BST should not exceed base 600
  4. Try not to make anything over powered, ie don't give fucking gorilla tactics to garchomp or something.
  5. If a pet mod has not updated with in the past two months with anything saying that it's over or not, it'll be considered fair game for the time being. If the owner of the pet mod updates it and begins to allow submissions again, or a new version of it starts up future submissions for that pet mod are no longer allowed.
  6. The previous rule applies for a pet mod that is no longer accepting content currently, but will begin to accept content once more dlc comes out.
  7. No Dynamaxing and no megas. I'm sorry Megamax fans I like you but Megas not might go great for what I have planned.

Miscellaneous: I would like the pet mod to be led by a council and not just by myself, however currently I'd be the only one on the council unless we get some eager volunteers that would like to help, and I deem to be good enough to help out. Also yes this pretty much exists so I can get Dinodily into a pet mod, but there's probably other uses for it too.
Well Pet Mods community vote for the best possible submission which suits that Pet Mod meta so having this will just be a way to include these submissions in a new Pet Mod. This idea doesn't have a clear goal.

Pet mod name: (still thinking of it) maybe Re-mega?
Pet mod concept: Megas are supposed to be an addition that makes mons that are not very good to have sucess in competitive, right? no, gf gave mewtwo two megas, and also gave to salamence, ttar and chomp. this pet mod is made to get megas of good mons off, and put in a lackluster mon. ex: making salamence do not have a mega and "tranfering" it to dustox
Explanation: the megas must be carried to a mon that does not have a niche in ou, regardless of tiers, should have the same place in the meta (ex. mega dustox coming from salamence being an sweeper and mega avalugg coming from megabro being defensive), and you can add 3 moves to each mon
Miscellaneous: you can pm me to become member of the council, and i ate pizza last night
Megas For All does it better. It'll give megas to everyone and no megas will be removed. The OP megas can be in higher tiers.

Long time lurker here. Pretty sure I have enough posts to do this; if I don't, let me know and I'll delete it.

Pet Mod: PyriteMons / Parallel Mons (not sure which name I like better; "Pyrite" for the inspiration and "Parallel" for the concept)

Pet Mod Concept: Every Pokemon in the 'Dex is replaced with a custom regional variant; think Regional Variants meets The Pokedex Redone.

Explanation: I was inspired by a fangame called Pokemon Fool's Gold, a ROM Hack of Pokemon Crystal that does essentially the same thing. While similar to The Pokedex Redone on paper, it would be slightly less strict in terms of typing, abilities, and custom elements (e.g. custom moves) and slightly more strict on base stats. In other words, submissions would be allowed to change a Pokemon to have any typing and ability within reason, but would have to keep the base stats relatively similar.

Miscellaneous: Might make a council if the mod gets enough traction. Regional evolutions (ex. Obstagoon) will be treated as regular cross-generational evolutions. Pokemon to add will be added in slates (ex. the first slate will deal with Kanto Starters, the second will deal with early-game Kanto Pokemon, etc.)

1. Pokemon must keep their names, evolutionary lines, and Base Stat Total.
  2. The typing of the Pokemon must be changed, with the following rules:
    1. The Pokemon's evolutionary line must share at least one type (the sole exception being Eevee's evolutionary line).
    2. The Pokemon may not have the same type as its canon counterpart (ex. a submission for Scizor cannot be Bug/Steel-typed).
      1. The sole exception to this rule is Pokemon with only one type, so long as the last Pokemon in the evolutionary line has a different dual-typing from its canon counterpart (ex. a Bug-type Weedle and Kakuna that turns into a Bug/Dark Beedrill).
  3. The abilities of the Pokemon may be changed to any ability. That said, I heavily encourage you to consider balance (for example, just because you can give a Slaking Huge Power, doesn't mean you should).
    1. Custom abilities are allowed. Again, balance should be considered, and I'd recommend that submissions should try to mimic abilities that exist (for example, if you want to make an ability that solely boosts Sound-based moves, I'd recommend looking at Iron Fist as inspiration).
  4. The movepool of a Pokemon must contain the same amount of moves as its canon counterpart normally knows (ex. an Abra must learn exactly 80 moves, as that is how many moves its canon counterpart learns). Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis (ex. Unown).
    1. What moves a Pokemon loses from and gains to its movepool may be determined however you want; try to keep it within logical reason, though (ex. no Legendary exclusive moves on non-legendaries, the movepool should have a type bias towards the types the Pokemon was given, etc.).
    2. Custom moves are allowed, but again, keep them within reason and try to base them on existing moves (ex. a Fairy-type Silver Wind clone).
  5. The individual base stats of a Pokemon may be redistributed within reason (ex. to have a Physically-based Electrode, for example), but altering stats to be Min-Maxed (ex. taking 80 points out of Charizard's Attack stat and dumping them into Charizard's Special Attack) should not be done.
  6. Exclusive held items (ex. Pikachu's Light Ball) will be replaced as part of the slate that the Pokemon that benefits from them is included in.
  7. Height and Weight should be added, for the sake of Low Kick and Grass Knot; if not added, it will be assumed that the Pokemon weights the same as its canon counterpart.
  8. Pokemon may be subject to nerfing or buffing if they are considered too powerful or not powerful enough, respectively.
  9. When voting for a winner for each slate, you may not vote for yourself.

Pet Mod Name: Spiritmon

Pet Mod Concept: A new form called "spirit" can be selected, composed only of pkmn that can still evolve (NFE), these pkmn have all 100 base stats and the Sheer Force ability, they also have white color and cannot be shinies. These pkmn cannot use items.

Explanation: When a pokemon NFE exceeds its limits, its spirit becomes so strong that a white aura surrounds its body, arriving in a form recently discovered by the experts who named it SPIRITMON.

Miscellaneous: Metagame that can be played on any tier (AG, UBER, OU, UU ...) following the rules of each tier. The regular pkmn can still be selected normally.

Itemmons
Pet Mods Concept: Give an item to every pokemon, similar to a light ball, thick club, leek, ect.
Explanation: Light Ball, such an intresting item, wasted on such a pathethic pokemon... Though it probably would have been banned if it worked for any pokemon... Imagine having that for more pokemon, ones that aren't gen one.
KEEP THIS OU BASED

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Assist Wars

Concept: This pet mod aims to recreate assist characters from fighting games in a 3v3 pokemon format. To achieve that, each pokemon line will be assigned an "assist move". When a specific pokemon is benched during a battle, its assist move can be used by the pokemons that are on the team. Considering three pokemons will be benched, all pokemons on the team effectively have a total of 7 moveslots. However, this comes with the drawback that assist moves can only be used once per match.

Explanation: This pet mod would be played following a National Dex-based 3v3 format instead of the BSS format. This is done in order to prevent the use of broken mechanics that Game Freak left in the latter. The mod itself is a community-based mod that would be done in the form of weekly slates. You would sub an assist move alongside the pokemon line(s) that would have it. The goal of the mod would be to give assign an assist move to every pokemon that has a viable niche in the National Dex format.

Miscellaneous: To ensure that assist moves wouldn't be too powerful as to make you chose a dead-weight pokemon solely for the move he provides, three different paths of balance are possible:
1- Simply have moves that have a low impact on the game overall but that can have specific uses, like a +1 speed boost or a low-bp coverage move
2- Drawbacks, like low accuracy or recoil damage
3- Conditions, in which case a move could only be used with a specific set-up, like a move that would only work under rain or if the target has more than 1/2 of its health.
All three of these paths would be encouraged as to make a balanced yet interesting metagame. Also yes, this mod would be led by a council.
Bumping for this submission's 4 month anniversary lol

Pet Mod Name:
Cavalrymons (or "Riders and Steeds")

A Pet Mod for Yet Another Method of Power Combination
Originally, I designed this as a standard OM with some standard rules. Those that reviewed it said it seemed more like a Pet Mod, so here I am.
Knowing what a Pet Mod usually entails, this changes some the mod's regulations. For example: NatDex can be implemented.

Concept: One Pokémon rides atop another's back. You know, like Calyrex does with either Glastrier or Spectrier. Literally one Pokémon on top of another Pokémon became a whole new species… twice, for the same mon!

Inspiration question: What if Pokémon could ride on others' backs?
Ever since I first saw Sirfetch'd, I wanted to see this become a reality:

How it works:
® = respective value from Rider
$ = respective value from Steed
™ = final value for TeaM of rider & steed
~{} = clarification
HP: ™ = (® + $) ÷ 2 ~{rounded down}
Atk\Def\SpA\SpD\Spe: ™ = $ + (® ÷ 4) ~{rounded down}
Weight: ™ = $ + ® + (® ÷ 5.5)
Height or Length: ™ = ® + 1.3 Meters ~{unless $ is taller than that by default– not that it's even competitively relevant}
Ability: ™ = [®\$] ~{processed by code; ® will occur before $}
Type 1: ™ = ® ~{first type only}
Type 2: ™ = $ ~{second type only; monotype uses first type}
Moves: ™ = ∑(®, $, [1 new signature move])
SigMov PP = 5 ~{8}​
SigMov Type = [steed's second type]​
SigMov Acc. = 100%, targets all adjacent foes​
SigMov Category = strongest base offense of team​
SigMov Power = [120 if Special, 130 if Physical]​
SigMov Name = "[type] [category]"​
SigMov Effect = No additional effect. ~[EVER.]​
Not simple enough for you? Here's a meme that summarizes it in a 3-step process:
1603581031017.png

This omits the caveat that it also gets ¼ of ®'s non-HP stats added to $'s stats, and the HP is averaged.

Rules: Gen 8 Ubers (because of high BST risk) – NatDex OU (will be handled on a case-by-case basis)
The selected Pokémon is ®. The nickname slot determines $.
A rider must comply with at least one of the following rules in order to qualify as ®:
a) is shorter than $
b) weighs less than $
c) has lower BST than $

FAQ:
If ® and $ are the same length/height, then ® must weigh less than $.
If ® and $ have all equal measurements, then ® and $ may not be the same species (or a sister species, like the Nidos).
If ® has a gender, is the same gender, then ™ is that gender.
If either ® or $ is genderless or has a species-based gender limitation (that does not align), then ™ is genderless.
If $ is a Diglett, Dugtrio, Sandygast, or Palossand, then ™ cannot be made airborne by Telekinesis, Sky Drop, Magnet Rise, or Air Balloon. (In these cases, if ™ holds an Air Balloon, then that item will have no effect aside from breaking after the first hit.)
® cannot be a Diglett, Dugtrio, Sandygast, Palossand, or Gengar holding Gengarite.
If ® is shiny, then $ will also be shiny. This might affect move legality for Event-based Pokémon, moves, or Abilities.
If ™'s Attack and Special Attack stats are equal values (after EVs and IVs), then the Signature Move's category will correspond to the stat that has +1 EV than necessary. (Pokémon with equal offensive stats before factoring EVs and IVs get their default picked by popular vote.)
All 'ride Pokémon' are valid steeds.
Z-moves are legal.
Unmounted riders are legal, and may Mega Evolve.
Held items apply only to ®, never to $. My apologies in advance to those who wanted to have Darkrai riding Origin Giratina (since it requires Griseous Orb), but feel free to have Origin Giratina riding Eternatus! (JK, Eternatus cannot be ridden yet; too freakin' huge).

Guide for Slates:
What gets considered in a slate? To be honest, anything's welcome, as long as it's relevant!
Here's a list of decisions to be made on a case-by-case basis:
  • Proposals of justifiable exceptions to rules. (For example, by the original rules, Sirfetch'd couldn't ride most standard Pokémon because its BST is higher than most horses AND it weighs 117kg. Why is Sirfetch'd so heavy?!?! Farfetch'd is only 15kg!)
  • New or custom (voted-upon) 'As-One Abilities' to replace incompatible, identical, or coefficient Ability pairs, not specific to Pokémon. (e.g., cases where ® has the 'Levitate' Ability and $ is a Diglett, Dugtrio, Sandygast, or Palossand; also, Plus + Minus, Flash Fire + Steam Engine, Insomnia + Vital Spirit, Battle Bond + Zen Mode, etc..)
  • Calculation methods for form-changing Pokémon. (For in-battle form changes only.)
  • Original sprites of paired Pokémon. (Not required, but it would give artistic users something to do if they want to.)
  • Proposals of qualifiers. (For example, a balanced method that could allow $ to Mega-Evolve, Dynamax, Gigantamax.)
  • Suggestions for balancing (like not allowing certain move or Ability combinations to be used; see below).

Bans:
Forbidden Riders: Shedinja, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram, Palkia, Dialga, Eternatus, Zacian, Zamazenta, Arceus
Forbidden Steeds: Shedinja, Calyrex (any form), Kyurem (any form), Necrozma (any form), Giratina-Origin, Arceus
Forbidden Move pairs: Shell Smash + Power Trip, Shell Smash +
Forbidden Ability pairs: Huge Power + Gorilla Tactics

Pokémon: $ (®) @ <item>
Type: ®, $
Stats: <HP\Atk\Def\SpA\SpD\Spe (# BST)>
Ability: ®\$
SigMov: "<type> <category>" - <base power>bp, 8pp, 100% accurate, hits all adjacent foes.
Pokémon: Ponyta (Sirfetch'd) @ Leek
Type: Fighting, Fire
Stats: 56\118\78\82\85\106 (525 BST)
Ability: Scrappy\Flame Body
SigMov: "Fire Physical" - 130bp, 8pp, 100% accurate, hits all adjacent foes.
Legal note: Leek applies to Sirfetch'd

Pokémon: Talonflame (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Type: Electric, Flying
Stats: 56\94\81\86\81\148 (546 BST)
Ability: Lightning Rod\Gale Wings
SigMov: "Flying Physical" - 130bp, 8pp, 100% accurate, hits all adjacent foes.

Pokémon: Kangaskhan (Marowak) @ Thick Club
Type: Ground, Normal
Stats: 82\115\107\52\100\101 (557 BST)
Ability: Rock Head\Scrappy
SigMov: "Normal Physical" - 130bp, 8pp, 100% accurate, hits all adjacent foes.

Of course, my current examples are still OU. The reason Ubers are allowed is because it's still possible to do exactly this with Calyrex, Glastrier, and Spectrier.

As a Pet Mod:
I am willing to create calculators that would help new users to jump right on in.
I will need:
  • Existing host server
  • Somebody who knows tiers, balance, etc. well to be on council, and somebody who has immense patience with people to also be on council. Even better if they know how to write code.
  • I will continue to plot out the various aspects of this pet mod even without contributions or input from those participating in its forum page (if it gets one).

G-Luke

Pet Mod Name:
Cavalrymons (or "Riders and Steeds")

A Pet Mod for Yet Another Method of Power Combination
Originally, I designed this as a standard OM with some standard rules. Those that reviewed it said it seemed more like a Pet Mod, so here I am.
Knowing what a Pet Mod usually entails, this changes some the mod's regulations. For example: NatDex can be implemented.

Concept: One Pokémon rides atop another's back. You know, like Calyrex does with either Glastrier or Spectrier. Literally one Pokémon on top of another Pokémon became a whole new species… twice, for the same mon!

Inspiration question: What if Pokémon could ride on others' backs?
Ever since I first saw Sirfetch'd, I wanted to see this become a reality:

How it works:
® = respective value from Rider
$ = respective value from Steed
™ = final value for TeaM of rider & steed
~{} = clarification
HP: ™ = (® + $) ÷ 2 ~{rounded down}
Atk\Def\SpA\SpD\Spe: ™ = $ + (® ÷ 4) ~{rounded down}
Weight: ™ = $ + ® + (® ÷ 5.5)
Height or Length: ™ = ® + 1.3 Meters ~{unless $ is taller than that by default– not that it's even competitively relevant}
Ability: ™ = [®\$] ~{processed by code; ® will occur before $}
Type 1: ™ = ® ~{first type only}
Type 2: ™ = $ ~{second type only; monotype uses first type}
Moves: ™ = ∑(®, $, [1 new signature move])
SigMov PP = 5 ~{8}​
SigMov Type = [steed's second type]​
SigMov Acc. = 100%, targets all adjacent foes​
SigMov Category = strongest base offense of team​
SigMov Power = [120 if Special, 130 if Physical]​
SigMov Name = "[type] [category]"​
SigMov Effect = No additional effect. ~[EVER.]​
Not simple enough for you? Here's a meme that summarizes it in a 3-step process:
1603581031017.png

This omits the caveat that it also gets ¼ of ®'s non-HP stats added to $'s stats, and the HP is averaged.

Rules: Gen 8 Ubers (because of high BST risk) – NatDex OU (will be handled on a case-by-case basis)
The selected Pokémon is ®. The nickname slot determines $.
A rider must comply with at least one of the following rules in order to qualify as ®:
a) is shorter than $
b) weighs less than $
c) has lower BST than $

FAQ:
If ® and $ are the same length/height, then ® must weigh less than $.
If ® and $ have all equal measurements, then ® and $ may not be the same species (or a sister species, like the Nidos).
If ® has a gender, is the same gender, then ™ is that gender.
If either ® or $ is genderless or has a species-based gender limitation (that does not align), then ™ is genderless.
If $ is a Diglett, Dugtrio, Sandygast, or Palossand, then ™ cannot be made airborne by Telekinesis, Sky Drop, Magnet Rise, or Air Balloon. (In these cases, if ™ holds an Air Balloon, then that item will have no effect aside from breaking after the first hit.)
® cannot be a Diglett, Dugtrio, Sandygast, Palossand, or Gengar holding Gengarite.
If ® is shiny, then $ will also be shiny. This might affect move legality for Event-based Pokémon, moves, or Abilities.
If ™'s Attack and Special Attack stats are equal values (after EVs and IVs), then the Signature Move's category will correspond to the stat that has +1 EV than necessary. (Pokémon with equal offensive stats before factoring EVs and IVs get their default picked by popular vote.)
All 'ride Pokémon' are valid steeds.
Z-moves are legal.
Unmounted riders are legal, and may Mega Evolve.
Held items apply only to ®, never to $. My apologies in advance to those who wanted to have Darkrai riding Origin Giratina (since it requires Griseous Orb), but feel free to have Origin Giratina riding Eternatus! (JK, Eternatus cannot be ridden yet; too freakin' huge).

Guide for Slates:
What gets considered in a slate? To be honest, anything's welcome, as long as it's relevant!
Here's a list of decisions to be made on a case-by-case basis:
  • Proposals of justifiable exceptions to rules. (For example, by the original rules, Sirfetch'd couldn't ride most standard Pokémon because its BST is higher than most horses AND it weighs 117kg. Why is Sirfetch'd so heavy?!?! Farfetch'd is only 15kg!)
  • New or custom (voted-upon) 'As-One Abilities' to replace incompatible, identical, or coefficient Ability pairs, not specific to Pokémon. (e.g., cases where ® has the 'Levitate' Ability and $ is a Diglett, Dugtrio, Sandygast, or Palossand; also, Plus + Minus, Flash Fire + Steam Engine, Insomnia + Vital Spirit, Battle Bond + Zen Mode, etc..)
  • Calculation methods for form-changing Pokémon. (For in-battle form changes only.)
  • Original sprites of paired Pokémon. (Not required, but it would give artistic users something to do if they want to.)
  • Proposals of qualifiers. (For example, a balanced method that could allow $ to Mega-Evolve, Dynamax, Gigantamax.)
  • Suggestions for balancing (like not allowing certain move or Ability combinations to be used; see below).

Bans:
Forbidden Riders: Shedinja, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram, Palkia, Dialga, Eternatus, Zacian, Zamazenta, Arceus
Forbidden Steeds: Shedinja, Calyrex (any form), Kyurem (any form), Necrozma (any form), Giratina-Origin, Arceus
Forbidden Move pairs: Shell Smash + Power Trip, Shell Smash +
Forbidden Ability pairs: Huge Power + Gorilla Tactics

Pokémon: $ (®) @ <item>
Type: ®, $
Stats: <HP\Atk\Def\SpA\SpD\Spe (# BST)>
Ability: ®\$
SigMov: "<type> <category>" - <base power>bp, 8pp, 100% accurate, hits all adjacent foes.
Pokémon: Ponyta (Sirfetch'd) @ Leek
Type: Fighting, Fire
Stats: 56\118\78\82\85\106 (525 BST)
Ability: Scrappy\Flame Body
SigMov: "Fire Physical" - 130bp, 8pp, 100% accurate, hits all adjacent foes.
Legal note: Leek applies to Sirfetch'd

Pokémon: Talonflame (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Type: Electric, Flying
Stats: 56\94\81\86\81\148 (546 BST)
Ability: Lightning Rod\Gale Wings
SigMov: "Flying Physical" - 130bp, 8pp, 100% accurate, hits all adjacent foes.

Pokémon: Kangaskhan (Marowak) @ Thick Club
Type: Ground, Normal
Stats: 82\115\107\52\100\101 (557 BST)
Ability: Rock Head\Scrappy
SigMov: "Normal Physical" - 130bp, 8pp, 100% accurate, hits all adjacent foes.

Of course, my current examples are still OU. The reason Ubers are allowed is because it's still possible to do exactly this with Calyrex, Glastrier, and Spectrier.

As a Pet Mod:
I am willing to create calculators that would help new users to jump right on in.
I will need:
  • Existing host server
  • Somebody who knows tiers, balance, etc. well to be on council, and somebody who has immense patience with people to also be on council. Even better if they know how to write code.
  • I will continue to plot out the various aspects of this pet mod even without contributions or input from those participating in its forum page (if it gets one).
We have Fusion Evolution and its MANY spinoffs. Plus, I am quite frankly skeptical of your leadership capabilities. Sorry pal but its a no from me.

I call this game mode "Pokemon: Definitive Edition Deluxe + Shuckles!"
Basically, in this gamemode (which is a nat dex format with Partner Eevee/Pika and Cosplay Pika, but without non signature Z-Moves), all the types have been reworked with different matchups (for instance, Steel lost its Psychic resistance).
Also, Dual-type moves have been introduced, and thus multiple moves have been given this new luxury
I even made the Cosmic and Sound types!
edit: I might make two versions of this for OU and Ubers respectively.
potential bannables:
Clefable- too much defensive utility, as Fairy has good defense.
Xerneas- Same story- too hard to take down.
M-Ray and Primals- I don't like the existence of these Pokemon.
Zacian-C- NO.
Clangorous Soulblaze- ABSOLUTUELY NOT. banned from OU version.
Necrozma-Ultra, Necrozma Dawn Wings, Necrozma Dusk Mane- Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings are banned so Lunala and Solgaleo can be more viable, and Necrozma-Ultra because that also bans Light that Burns the Sky.
Any Uber-specific Z-move- Signature Z-moves were kept in this mode to give Pokemon that might face too much competition that doesn't have the best stats to back it up. The Z-Moves that are specific to Ubers would create the antithesis to this.
Let's Snuggle Forever: Mimikyu probably doesn't need this to be viable, as the universal type changes benefit them immensely. Banned from OU.
Regieleki: 200 base speed and electric type. not happening.
Calyrex-Shadow: i'm banning this one from the OU version for fairly obvious reasons.

Metagame: I think that it will be dominated by fairy and fire types, and Arceus will most likely be great as well.
Also, should I make multiple tiers for this format?
I attached the documents to the post that contain all the changes I've made. Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress.
Here's the Discord: https://discord.gg/uXBqhFj

I should warn you that every update on the announcement board, #declarations, will use @ here. thx!

Edit: Smack Down is Fighting Type.

Edit 2: Cosplay Pikachu will have a different ability (as well as a stat buff and secondary typing depending on the costume), with the only exception being PhD, who does not change type.
Rock Star- 90 Def, +steel
Libre: 85 Atk, +fighting
Pop Star: 110 Speed, +Sound
PhD: 75 Sp. Atk, No type change
Belle: 95 Sp. Def, + Ice
Rock Star: Moxie
Libre: Intimidate
Pop Star: Pixilate
PhD: Electric Surge
Belle: Serene Grace

I know that this might not belong here, but the other thread I've posted this in didn't give me much advice or help. pls give feedback! Also, how would I make this a Pet Mod and not a Solomod? What's the difference?
again, seems much more like a solomod than an actual mod. no slates means less comm, and the thread should be the main thing when thinking of a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)