lydian art & lydian music

lydian art
I've just got a brand new Wacom drawing tablet so I decided to start doing some digital art! I'll mostly be doing Fakémon of mine but by all means, feel free to ask if u want me to draw anything for a project of yours or in general. Just no guarantees I'll take your request. I'll keep the OP updated with all my art here and also post whenever I draw something new.

Frainvo

HP: 32
Atk: 72
Def: 32
SpA: 32
SpD: 32
Spe: 72
BST: 272

1A: Frisk
2A: Prankster
HA: Water Absorb

Kasasol

HP: 72
Atk: 56
Def: 72
SpA: 72
SpD: 80
Spe: 56
BST: 408

Shadeluge

HP: 112
Atk: 40
Def: 112
SpA: 112
SpD: 128
Spe: 40
BST: 544

HA: Drizzle

This line is inspired by the yokai Kasa-obake, and the colors are taken directly from the Frevo umbrella from Brazil. The first stage is just the simplest way I could convey these motifs into a Pokémon. Stage one closes its umbrella in reference to common depictions of Kasa-obake that have the umbrella closed as well. And then the last evolution shows the creature with the Umbrella open once again, but it gains a Water-type and the twist that it rains inside it, hence, Drizzle. I've never seen this idea of raining inside an Umbrella explored anywhere really, but I think it's a really simple twist and the perfect thing for a trickster yokai to do. The etymology for these are Frevo and Rain for Frainvo; Kasa-obake and parasol for Kasasol, and Shade or Shady and Deluge for Shadeluge. Hope you guys enjoyed these three :)

Floto

HP: 50
Atk: 39
Def: 50
SpA: 61
SpD: 67
Spe: 44
BST: 311

1A: Torrent
HA: River Charm

Cetaver

HP: 67
Atk: 44
Def: 67
SpA: 89
SpD: 100
Spe: 55
BST: 422

Doluge

HP: 83
Atk: 50
Def: 83
SpA: 117
SpD: 133
Spe: 67
BST: 533

Signature Moves:
  • Perplexing Pump | User releases a mysterious blast of water from its blowhole. | Water | Special | 90 BP | 10 PP | 100 Acc | The higher the user's Special Defense, the more damage it can inflict on the target. | learned by Floto, Cetaver, and Doluge.
  • Agile Attraction | User infatuates the foe and vanishes never to be seen again | Fairy | Status | 10 PP | 100 Acc | Infatuates foe. User switches out. | learned by Doluge.
Signature Ability:
  • River Charm | Increases user's Special Defense by 50% the first turn the user's out.
This line is inspired by the Amazon river dolphin and their myth in Brazillian folklore. The hat used by Cetaver and Doluge is used to cover their blowholes, and the patterns that look like clothes are meant to confuse and attract humans and other Pokémon. I thought making a different colored starter would be a really cool twist too, so there's that. I'm very happy with this design and I hope you guys enjoy it as well.

Gigantamax Xatu

Sword Pokédex Entry: There seems to be an odd resemblance between Gigantamax Xatu and the Land Spirits of Alola.
Shield Pokédex Entry: Gigantamax Xatu's left eye can see infinitely far into the past, and its right eye can see infinitely far into the future.

Height: 42m
Weight: ???? kg

G-Max Eye-Opener: A Psychic-type attack Gigantamax Xatu use. It hits Dark-types for neutral damage and strips them of their Psychic immunity until they switch out.
Steel Trapinch

Abilities: Hyper Cutter; Arena Trap; Sheer Force
Stats: 25 HP | 100 Atk | 100 Def | 25 SpA | 25 SpD | 15 Spe

Seviian Popplio

Abilities: Poison Point; Poison Touch

------------

lydian music

hey everyone! i decided to start a little youtube channel with some lo-fi remixes / reharms of pokémon music. i've always been into music and since i love the pokémon soundtrack so much, i thought it'd nice to give it my own spin. i'll keep the op updated with my releases!

Last edited:

This is a lo-fi remix / reharm of Twinleaf Town's theme from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, originally composed by Hitomi Sato.

I kept the original's melody, completely reworked the chords to a jazzier feel and added a lo-fi beat along with a bassline! I'm pretty happy with the result and I hope you like it as well :]

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
BRO WHERE WAS 5 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS OBSESSED WITH LOFI MUSIC
-
I actually really still love this type of music and I listen to it consistently when I'm writing essays and/or studying. I'm very excited to listen to what you're making. May I suggest that once you have the resources you commit to live streams like a lot of other youtube channels do. I think the Lofi market is a bit oversaturated and these Niches are exactly what it needs to continue gaining a growing fanbase.

BRO WHERE WAS 5 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS OBSESSED WITH LOFI MUSIC
-
I actually really still love this type of music and I listen to it consistently when I'm writing essays and/or studying. I'm very excited to listen to what you're making. May I suggest that once you have the resources you commit to live streams like a lot of other youtube channels do. I think the Lofi market is a bit oversaturated and these Niches are exactly what it needs to continue gaining a growing fanbase.
appreciate the enthusiasm to my remix haha thanks :)

yeah it's definitely oversaturated, and yeah i'm late to the hype train, but i feel like it's probably what i'll keep doing. it's a genre i really like and probably the best genre to remix pokémon music into for my taste! plus i really don't think i'll get any actual fanbase or something. for now, i'll just be pumping out music for my own interest but let's see how this project turns out! if it grows beyond my original vision i can try to find a niche to capitalize on, we'll see.

hey everyone! i decided to start a little youtube channel with some lo-fi remixes / reharms of pokémon music. i've always been into music and since i love the pokémon soundtrack so much, i thought it'd nice to give it my own spin. i'll keep the op updated with my releases!

this is so so cool i'm subbing and would totally listen to these all the time if you made more!!

This is a lo-fi remix / reharm of Team Galactic Building's theme from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, originally composed by Go Ichinose.

This gem is one of the most underrated tracks in Sinnoh's expansive soundtrack, so I decided to give it my spin. Doubling the bassline as a brass ensemble and tweaking a few things here and there got me this tune, which I'm pretty happy with :)

This is a lo-fi remix / reharm of Route 228's theme from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, originally composed by Hitomi Sato.

This is probably my favorite Route theme ever so I didn't want to change much, but I still added quite a bit on top of the original, some really cool drums including triplets and quintuplets in some parts, as well as a bridge I'm pretty proud of. Hope you guys enjoy as always :)

This is a lo-fi remix / reharm of Valor Lakefront's theme from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, originally composed by Hitomi Sato.

I tried to keep some of the clumsy and unsettling feels from the original song, from there I added some drums, woodwinds, and horns, and we're left with this, hope you enjoy!

It's that time of the year again. Feliz Navidad!

In all seriousness, this is a lo-fi remix / reharm of Lentimas Town's theme from Pokémon Black 2 White 2, originally composed by Hitomi Sato.

I tried to keep the original quirk of the theme but add my own flair with some electronic-esque parts. It may feel a tad different but I think it works in context, hope you guys enjoy :)

Last edited:
Since any user is only allowed one thread here on Smeargle I had to repurpose this to both an art and music thread. Hope you guys enjoy both of my craft :)

Frainvo

HP: 32
Atk: 72
Def: 32
SpA: 32
SpD: 32
Spe: 72
BST: 272

Kasasol

HP: 72
Atk: 56
Def: 72
SpA: 72
SpD: 80
Spe: 56
BST: 408

Shadeluge

HP: 112
Atk: 40
Def: 112
SpA: 112
SpD: 128
Spe: 40
BST: 544

HA: Drizzle

This line is inspired by the yokai Kasa-obake, and the colors are taken directly from the Frevo umbrella from Brazil. The first stage is just the simplest way I could convey these motifs into a Pokémon. Stage one closes its umbrella in reference to common depictions of Kasa-obake that have the umbrella closed as well. And then the last evolution shows the creature with the Umbrella open once again, but it gains a Water-type and the twist that it rains inside it, hence, Drizzle. I've never seen this idea of raining inside an Umbrella explored anywhere really, but I think it's a really simple twist and the perfect thing for a trickster yokai to do. The etymology for these are Frevo and Rain for Frainvo; Kasa-obake and parasol for Kasasol, and Shade or Shady and Deluge for Shadeluge. Hope you guys enjoyed these three :)

The Immortal approached me to do art for the OM Grand Slam. It's been a pleasure to draw this beautiful Haunter and I can't wait to draw for the other four opens! Thanks to TI again for the opportunity.

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
The Immortal approached me to do art for the OM Grand Slam. It's been a pleasure to draw this beautiful Haunter and I can't wait to draw for the other four opens! Thanks to TI again for the opportunity.
Holy shit this looks great, good job friend :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)