Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

...aaand we're back

So, assuming Gamefreak makes an awful decision again and it's 200 pokemon in both expansions that's 30 bucks for 100 pokemon, which is just nuts

I thought they may restore the dex with DLC but I was thinking more on the lines of 10 bucks for 100 pokemon, maybe 50 if Gamefreak was feeling particularly greedy, as is it'd be a pretty bad deal if it is 100 per expansion

still, hey a reason to not give up on pokemon! awesome!

it seems I can even get a Zamazenta Switch Lite! still!
discounted!

Last edited:
The expansions aren't version exclusive so doesn't look like being the case.

Even the Slowpoke evo items are expansion-exclusive rather than version exclusive like Applin's.

(though, we're 6-8 months away, so difficult to know for now)
They do say the expansions are version exclusive in the Direct, with for example each version having a different rival etc.

Expansion-exclusive is less "exclusive" since one purchase gets you both parts of the expansion.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
...aaand we're back

So, assuming Gamefreak makes an awful decision again and it's 200 pokemon in both expansions that's 30 bucks for 100 pokemon, which is just nuts

I thought they may restore the dex with DLC but I was thinking more on the lines of 10 bucks for 100 pokemon, maybe 50 if Gamefreak was feeling particularly greedy, as is it'd be a pretty bad deal if it is 100 per expansion

still, hey a reason to not give up on pokemon! awesome!

it seems I can even get a Zamazenta Switch lite! still!
discounted!
The re-added Pokémon can be transferred/traded without buying the Pass. Poor way of looking at the new content as just “pay for pokemon”, and most people here have old Pokémon to transfer

The re-added Pokémon can be transferred/traded without buying the Pass. Poor way of looking at the new content as just “pay for pokemon”, and most people here have old Pokémon to transfer
I literally posted that the second I finished watching the direct, I hadn't read the tread and my screen is too small to look at fine print

also since there're evolution items and new legendaries behind the expansion you're still paying for pokemon

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I literally posted that the second I finished watching the direct, I haven't read the tread and my screen is to small to look at fine print

also since there're evolution items and new legendaries behind the expansion you're still paying for pokemon
Oh, you’re definitely still paying for new Pokémon (technically you can still receive new stuff thru trades) but that’s par for the course for new games/content. I’m mainly surprised the player base wasn’t fractured between base and pass and that base SwSh is fully compatible with all the new stuff, going off of older cases like new Pokémon in USUM not working with SM

Honestly after this Direct, I think they planned this all along.

I wasn't expecting them to be this clever, honestly, considering how terrible they've been at marketing in the past years.
I'll be a good sheep and get the expansion pass, as I said earlier I just hope they don't fuck it up.
I am aware that the thread is going at breakneck speed and by the time I post there will be 20 new answers in the topic, but let's give it a try.
You know why I'm still doubtful? While I 100% agree that they were doing the DLC/expansion thing all along, the first DLC is almost three quarters after release, and such a timeframe can allow for some changes (not overhaul of course) in content development. It is possible that they were doing something similar but with less content/mons. Guess we'll never know.

Now, a third DLC in year 3 of SwSh could have complete dex, and from this new standpoint the pricetag is not insanely insane: as I said earlier, I'm hopeful again. Just waiting for HOME clarifications and further details.

Since I forgot earlier: Moltres looks insane. Tactics Chocobo Zapdos as well.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I... I have no words.

Let's break down what we got here.

-New areas and characters
-New Regis
-New Galarian forms, including for legendary birds
-Gigantamax forms for Galar starters and remaining Kanto starters
-Hundreds of Pokemon re-added as a free update

Look at all of this. Do you see this?

If you had said yesterday that this is what we would be getting this Direct, you would've been laughed at and called unhealthily optimistic. There's some flaws still; the new legends look kinda meh, how much content actually exists is unclear, and $30 may be a tad pricey. But you can't deny this has blown any expectation we had for this game out of the water.

Moreover, this essentially confirms to me without a shred of a doubt we won't be getting a third version. Maybe a "SWSH Deluxe" with all the DLC pre-packaged in, maybe even a sequel a few years down the road, but nothing like Platinum or USUM.

Let's get this straight - the new mons might as well be the weirdest looking thing ever I've seen in Pokemon (and yes I am aware "someone will always claim the newer mons look awful", I said that myself). Even the legendaries are as if they are completely from the left field.

Let's get this straight - the new mons might as well be the weirdest looking thing ever I've seen in Pokemon (and yes I am aware "someone will always claim the newer mons look awful", I said that myself). Even the legendaries are as if they are completely from the left field.
I actually really like Kunfu and Urbshifu along with the new Regis personally, but Calyrx disturbs me on a level that I didn’t even know existed up until this point.

Why is its head so big? Why is the rest of it so small? Why???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)