Metagame Shared Power

Art by lyd

Welcome to Shared Power!
In this OM, your team's abilities are all active at the same time. That means if you have a Durant with Hustle and a Doublade with No Guard, your Crawdaunt would have Hustle and No Guard in addition to its Adaptability. This concept was hugely popular last generation but at the same time, it was extremely broken. The original aspect of sharing remains the same, however, your team starts with no abilities shared and it builds up whenever a Pokemon becomes active. If you lead with a Pokemon that has Fluffy, for example, Fluffy is now shared. A turn later you switch to a Pokemon with Ice Scales, Fluffy is still active and now Ice Scales is added to the Shared Power. This builds up until all 6 abilities are active at the same time!

Banlist
The following Pokemon cannot be used:
- Calyrex-Ice
- Calyrex-Shadow
- Darmanitan-Galar
- Dialga
- Dracovish
- Eternatus
- Genesect
- Giratina
- Giratina-Origin
- Groudon
- Ho-Oh
- Kyogre
- Kyurem-Black
- Kyurem-White
- Lugia
- Lunala
- Magearna
- Marshadow
- Melmetal
- Mewtwo
- Naganadel
- Necrozma-Dawn Wings
- Necrozma-Dusk Mane
- Palkia
- Pheromosa
- Rayquaza
- Reshiram
- Shedinja
- Solgaleo
- Urshifu-Rapid Strike
- Urshifu-Single Strike
- Xerneas
- Yveltal
- Zacian
- Zacian-Crowned
- Zamazenta
- Zamazenta-Crowned
- Zekrom

The following abilities cannot be used:
- Arena Trap
- Contrary
- Fur Coat
- Guts
- Harvest
- Huge Power
- Imposter
- Innards Out
- Libero
- Magic Bounce
- Magic Guard
- Magnet Pull
- Mold Breaker
- Moody
- Neutralizing Gas
- Power Construct
- Regenerator
- Queenly Majesty
- Quick Draw
- Sand Rush
- Sand Veil
- Shadow Tag
- Simple
- Snow Cloak
- Speed Boost
- Stakeout
- Stench
- Tinted Lens
- Triage
- Unaware
- Unburden
- Water Bubble

The following abilities cannot be used together:
- Drizzle + Swift Swim
- Drought + Chlorophyll
- Electric Surge + Surge Surfer
- Snow Warning + Slush Rush
- Steelworker + Steely Spirit

The following moves cannot be used:
- Baton Pass

The following items cannot be used:
- King's Rock

Standard OU clauses apply.

FAQ
Q: What happens when a Pokemon faints? Does its ability continue to support the rest of the team?
A: Yes. Incineroar will still continue to share Intimidate, even after it faints. This is to avoid battles turning into snowballs once a Pokemon has been fainted.

Q: Do abilities stack? Will two Intimidate Pokemon give me two Attack drops?
A: No.

Q: How do Skill Swap, Entrainment, Mummy, etc. work?
A: Ability-altering moves only work with a Pokemon’s native ability. So Skill Swap would exchange their normal abilities while retaining the teammates’. The shared ability remains as the original one when the Pokemon is switched out.

Q: Why don't Mirror Armor and Trace work?
A: Because of technical limitations, these abilities are not shared.

Council
Clefable
Pigeons

Last edited:
Ah shit, here we go again.

Steely Spirit + Steelworker sounds like an interesting combo to supercharge your Steel moves, though it unfortunately necessitates using Perrserker.

Perish Body sounds absolutely obnoxious to deal with, balanced by it also affecting the user.

Ice Scales lets you tank special moves like no one's business, and unlike its counterpart Fur Coat, its donor isn't horse shit.

Steam Engine sounds like a decent check to rain and sun teams. If you can tank a hit, you'll get a speed boost much greater than their Swift Swim or Chlorophyll boost.

Wandering Spirit just sounds fun.

Just some things I've noticed from reading the OP.

• Fur Coat is not actually banned. Was this intentional, since despite only Alolan Persian getting it, it would absolutely be everywhere.
  • In a similar vein, Ice Scales is also completely freed. Is this really something that should be allowed on everything, despite it being a lot harder to get Frosmoth in than Alolan Persian?
  • I'm trying not to be a broken record about this, but Fluffy is also unrestricted, and would probably stack with Fur Coat, and has a downside that can easily be mitigated via Flash Fire.
  • Mold Breaker, as with all the rest, is completely unrestricted. This, from what I can tell, would lead to the metagame being dominated by setup sweepers, since you can just lead Excadrill to get rocks and immediately have Mold Breaker on every single Pokemon. This does seem like it has the potential to just be downright degenerate very easily, or at least on paper it does.
  • Just having a single Meltan on your team can effectively mean that Steel types don't work, and are always forced to use Shed Shell on your Steel types so...yay?
  • Contrary HO looks like it can be just plain deadly, especially since it can just lead with Shuckle to get Webs off with no risk to get Contrary set up.
That's all my thoughts on SP for now, will probably have more to say when it's actually playable.

Just some things I've noticed from reading the OP.

• Fur Coat is not actually banned. Was this intentional, since despite only Alolan Persian getting it, it would absolutely be everywhere.
  • In a similar vein, Ice Scales is also completely freed. Is this really something that should be allowed on everything, despite it being a lot harder to get Frosmoth in than Alolan Persian?
  • I'm trying not to be a broken record about this, but Fluffy is also unrestricted, and would probably stack with Fur Coat, and has a downside that can easily be mitigated via Flash Fire.
  • Mold Breaker, as with all the rest, is completely unrestricted. This, from what I can tell, would lead to the metagame being dominated by setup sweepers, since you can just lead Excadrill to get rocks and immediately have Mold Breaker on every single Pokemon. This does seem like it has the potential to just be downright degenerate very easily, or at least on paper it does.
  • Just having a single Meltan on your team can effectively mean that Steel types don't work, and are always forced to use Shed Shell on your Steel types so...yay?
  • Contrary HO looks like it can be just plain deadly, especially since it can just lead with Shuckle to get Webs off with no risk to get Contrary set up.
That's all my thoughts on SP for now, will probably have more to say when it's actually playable.
Mold was added shortly after the thread was posted for the reasons you mentioned. Fur Coat and co will be on the watchlist until this is playable.

Also, I wanted to mention that I'll be looking for potential leaders to take over this long term. Just thought I'd help get this off the ground!

Apparently, Starf Berry is legal, i think? At least we have Infiltrator Dragapult, i suppose...

Also, is Speed Boost allowed accross the team or is it an error? i don't see it listed in the banlist.
Same thing goes for Simple, which also doesn't appear on the banlist, but I didn't see that until just now.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
My thoughts on this new rendition of one of my favorite OMs last gen. First and for most, the two integral changes are the delayed ability activation, and the other being that bans are now total bans. Previously, banned abilities like Mold Breaker were still legal to bring, but wouldn’t be shared. This allowed for something like Pangoro to have Triage with its Mold Breaker, but wouldn’t share Mold Breaker with Comfey or the rest of the team. Now, Mold Breaker is just out right banned. I suppose I’m for this change, as it is a bit more straightforward, but it is a deviation worth noting.

The other is the delayed activation, which is a nerf to the immediate power creep SP had. I’m not sure how much of this nerf will actually affect the power creep, and how games will be played to incentivize the activation. I admit I did favor other possible nerfs to shared power that were discussed in the old thread, but I am more than willing to give this a shot. Hopefully SP will be balanced this time around to stay the full gen!

Mons and Strats:
The current banlist does not include these abilities or mons atm, and given their success and bans last generation these surely will have some merit / will be banned again.

Technician and Skill Link: :cloyster: :cinccino: :toxtricity: :roserade: - This combo offers multi-hitting attacks that can reach 187 bp before even factoring in STAB. More so, Cin and Tox can activate their ability and pivot with U-Turn and Volt Switch, while the others could plausibly be Spikes HO leads to activate theirs. Then, abusers like
Rock Blast Terrakion and Icicle Spear Mamoswine can also be dangerous abusers midgame.

Weather and Speed: :Pelipper: :Seismitoad: :dracovish: :tyranitar: :excadrill: - No speed clause by the looks of it, so any wallbreaker can have double speed under a favorable weather (also sand immunity with Sand Rush lol). This no doubt will be incredibly centralizing, and potentially uncompetitive with Sand Veil running around as well.

Sturdy and HDB: :crustle: :shuckle: - Sturdy leads offer early hazards and immediate protection from any heavy hitters if hazards are clean / HDB are ran. Somewhat devalued by sand chip, skill link, and other issues.

Starf Berry stuff: As mentioned above, a team of Harvest/Gluttony/Cheek Pouch/Prankster can be very, very annoying to deal with if last gens ladder is anything to judge. There’s also Ripen now, which can double the effects of Starf Berry, but there is a lack of Mold Breaker users for breaking Unaware. Instead, Simple and Stored Power is legal for the moment lol. I do think though that the delay nerf will make this strategy a lot less feasible, as HO may take advantage of the slowness of this strat before it can take off.

Terrians + Unburden: Same stuff ala weather + speed, and this is just as intuitive as leads to later affect the rest of the team no problem.

Adaptability Crawdunt is a freebie for any offense that wants the buff. Clear Body Drak can be a fast lead that offers Clear Body protection from Webs / Intimidate, and can be a great receiver later in the game. Hustle + No Guard can be okay if you use Golurk as a lead. Sheer Force Darm is another good abuser and receiver. Lastly, receivers like Dracovish, Kommo, Rotom forms, and Zeroara have a lot of offensive utility on their own while donating immunity abilities to defensive mons like Avalug, Toxapex, and Corviknight which also make great donators. Looking forward to the meta!

The metagame isn't actually playable yet but from building a few teams I've figured out some things about the metagame that I would like to share.

Regenerator, Fur Coat and Ice Scales :toxapex: :persian-alola: :frosmoth:

Regenerator is a quintessential ability for balances right now, due to it making teammates effectively unkillable by chip damage. But, alongside Fur Coat, Ice Scales (and Unaware), this makes Stall builds currently extremely difficult to kill without overboosting from the likes of Rain teams. Take the following calculations for example:

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Strong Jaw Tough Claws Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Toxapex: 142-168 (46.7 - 55.2%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 130-154 (38.9 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Not only does this mean that one of the strongest possible wallbreakers finds it difficult to break stall teams because of the legality of FurScales, but the further complications of Prankster and even immunity abilities make any breaker's job hard. Once this metagame is playable I'd like to at least consider a ban of FurScales due to this complication.

Immunities :seismitoad: :mantine: :coalossal: :hydreigon: :zeraora:

Immunities hold a very important placement on teams, especially with how powerful Sun and Rain are looking on paper. Rain prep is probably easier than the other prepping mechanisms due to how easy it is to fit Water Absorb users onto teams, but Sun is looking a bit tougher as it doesn't have nearly as strong Flash Fire users. However, I think the immunity users that will shine are Hydreigon and Zeraora, not only for their more offensive capabilities but for their synergies with Sheer Force, as they are both potent attackers with ways around immunity abilities and often times are powerful enough to defeat FurScales mons, due to their Taunt.

Non-immune STAB boosters :darmanitan: :dracovish: :crawdaunt: :barbaracle:

All four of these mons are excellent boons to offense with their high powered boosting Abilities as well as being decent Pokemon theirselves. Dracovish is an interesting one considering its nature also forces Water Absorb onto every team, so it is worth looking at it and its interaction with Rain teams if Water Absorbs suddenly become difficult to fit.

A few days ago, I decided to make a physically oriented hyper offensive team. Check it out:

durant.gif
machamp.gif
conkeldurr.gif
sylveon.gif
malamar.gif
Dracovish.gif
Durant @ Flame Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Iron Head / X-Scissor
- Facade / X-Scissor
- Superpower / X-Scissor

Machamp @ Flame Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Close Combat / Superpower
- Facade / Superpower

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch / Close Combat / Superpower
- Ice Punch / Close Combat / Superpower
- Facade / Close Combat / Superpower

Sylveon @ Life Orb / Throat Spray / whatever
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire / Wish
- Shadow Ball / Wish
- Protect / Wish

Malamar @ Flame Orb
Ability: Contrary
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Facade
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

Dracovish @ Flame Orb
Ability: Water Absorb / Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Rush
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs / anything really
This team abuses many offensive abilities, namely Hustle, No Guard, Guts, Pixilate, and Contrary. Dracovish can use Water Absorb rather than Strong Jaw for less damage but absorbing water moves. There's a lot of alternatives, so mix and match all you want! You can replace stuff like Durant with Dracozolt, or even replace the moves on some of the Pokemon.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
There's a lot of potentially broken combos in this metagame, both offensive and defensive. I don't think it's ridiculous to have Ice Scales and Fur Coat unbanned, at least to start, because offensive teams will also be layering on boosting abilities, and I'm not sure anything has a chance of actually tanking hits without those abilities.

As it stands stallbreaking tools seem to consist of hitting it really really hard. I'm not sure I like that, but then I'm not sure I hate it. Magic Bounce is the issue that I'm seeing at a theorymon, as you can't Taunt, can't set up hazards, and of course, can't circumvent it with Mold Breaker. Unaware prevents setup being a thing, so that leaves nukes and PP stall (Kyurem :D) and maybe something like Poison Fang but that's niche at best. Maybe stall will suck, IDK.

Anyway, here are some combos I dreamed up. No guarantee they're all good. Probly all bad lol.

Actual Cancer
:ss/melmetal: + :ss/jirachi: + :ss/toxtricity: + Speed Boosting Core
This core is based around using Melmetal to flinch your opponent to death. It's probably bad because you pretty much need a Leppa on Melmetal to do anything and thus can't run a Scarf or Band, but it's also super cancerous because Flinch. Also this dies to ground moves lol.

lol this is banned thanks Chazm
:ss/crustle: + :ss/braviary: / :ss/obstagoon: + :ss/tsareena:
This core abuses the Weak Armor + Defiant (or Competitive) mechanic, where you get a boost for having your Defense dropped by an opponent attacking you and Weak Armor procing and then also get the Speed boost naturally. I'd consider Tsareena a pretty important part of this core because otherwise you become super duper weak to priority, but I suppose technically it's not mandatory. You can replicate this specially with :cursola: + :milotic: + :indeedee:.

:ss/pelipper: + :ss/barraskewda: + :ss/dracovish: + :ss/crawdaunt: + :ss/barbaracle: + :ss/hoothoot:
I know people have already brought up weather, and for good reason, but it bears repeating. This team is braindead. Spam really strong Water attacks, lose to teams with a Water immunity, break e v e r y t h i n g else. Adamant Crawdaunt outspeeds up to Dragapult at +2, everything else outspeeds pretty much everything unboosted. Alternatives to consider are :tsareena: for the priority immunity, and maybe a Sturdy or hazard setter mon on here somewhere.
Hoothoot is a joke btw, but basically none of the Tinted Lens mons are very good. Use Sigilyph I guess, but it won't do significantly more than Hoothoot on this team :blobshrug:

:ss/shuckle: + :ss/swoobat:
Contrary + Simple with a webs + rocks lead. Go wild. Make sure you can break stall somehow.

These are abilities where we have nothing we can use to add them to our team, not even something unviable. Something like Magnet Pull won't make this list, even though you would have to run Meltan. I will also not include something like Dazzling, as there is an exact duplicate, and it does not layer boosts with anything else. I was a little loose with the definition of 'notable'.

Aerilate
Beast Boost
Download
Galvanize
Mega Launcher
Multiscale
Refrigerate
Triage
Poison Heal
Protean / Libero
Soul Heart

Let me know if there's anything important I missed and I'll add it.

the Weak Armor + Defiant (or Competitive) mechanic, where you get a boost for having your Defense dropped by an opponent attacking you and Weak Armor procing and then also get the Speed boost naturally.
Weren't Defiant and Competitive changed to not activate on that? (Sticky Web on your side of the field no longer triggers Defiant, so I don't think Weak Armor should either)

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Weren't Defiant and Competitive changed to not activate on that? (Sticky Web on your side of the field no longer triggers Defiant, so I don't think Weak Armor should either)
Sticky Web activates Defiant and Competitive still, they just don't activate them if the webs are put on your side via Court Change because then it's counted as a self-inflicted speed drop

I threw together a Steel spam team to abuse the ability core I mentioned before.

(click squad for sets)
Fun set. If special attacking power is desired, I believe Magic Guard + Steel Beam would be a neat variation. Lucario and Duralodon are the only good abusers (115 and 120 SpA respectively), but oh lordy lord that power.

Volt-Switch teams could be a very effective strategy in this meta, allowing you to efficiently swap Mons in and out to get more abilities in play while maintaining momentum. There are plenty of options for both offensive and defensive teams.

Offensive:
U-turn: Technician (:Persian::Persian-Alola::Cinccino:), Drizzle (:Pelipper:), Speed Boost (:Ninjask:), Simple (:Swoobat:), Sheer Force (:Darmanitan::Braviary:), Skill Link (:Cinccino:), Unburden (:Hawlucha::Accelgor:), Solar Power (:Heliolisk:), Infiltrator (:Noivern::Dragapult::Ninjask:), Queenly Majesty (:Tsareena:), Hustle (:Flapple:), Compound Eyes (:Butterfree:), Tinted Lens (:Butterfree:), Serene Grace (:Jirachi:), Defiant (:Passimian:), Grassy Surge (:Rillaboom:), Clear Body (:Dragapult:), Libero (:Cinderace:), Tough Claws (:Perrserker:), Steely Spirit (:Perrserker:)
Volt Switch: Compound Eyes (:Galvantula:), Strong Jaw (:Boltund:), Punk Rock (:Toxtricity:), Surge Surfer (:Raichu-Alola:), Quick Feet (:Jolteon:), Clear Body (:Klinklang:), Technician (:Toxtricity:)
Parting Shot: Technician (:Persian-Alola:), Iron Fist (:Pangoro:), Scrappy (:Pangoro:), Stakeout (:Thievul:), Unburden (:Thievul:), Guts (:Obstagoon:), Defiant (:Obstagoon:)

Defensive:
U-turn: Fur Coat (:Persian-Alola:), Ice Scales (:Frosmoth:), Magic Bounce (:Xatu:), Natural Cure (:Celebi:), Prankster (:Liepard::Whimsicott:), Unaware (:Swoobat:), Intimidate (:Incineroar:), Levitate (:Flygon::Hydreigon:), Dry Skin (:Heliolisk:), Overcoat (:Mandibuzz:), Lightning Rod (:Togedemaru:), Sturdy (:Togedemaru:), Iron Barbs (:Togedemaru:), Mirror Armor (:Corviknight:), Cheek Pouch (:Diggersby:), Cursed Body (:Dragapult:)
Volt Switch: Volt Absorb (:Zeraora::Jolteon::Lanturn:), Lightining Rod (:Manectric::Raichu::Togedemaru:), Levitate (:Rotom-Wash::Vikavolt:), Dry Skin (:Heliolisk:), Water Absorb (:Lanturn:), Sturdy (:Togedemaru:), Iron Barbs (:Togedemaru:)
Parting Shot: Fur Coat (:Persian-Alola:), Intimidate (:Incineroar:)

Another change from last gen is that several abilities are now unaffected by Intimidate spam. I think this buff is particularly beneficial to Scrappy. Paired with an accuracy boost and a couple power-building abilities, users of High Jump Kick can become hard to wall, with Protect being pretty much the only thing to make them crash. (Facade and Boomburst spam could benefit too).

A decent Scrappy team could go something like this:
:Pangoro:/:Sirfetch + (:Galvantula:&:Barbaracle:)/(:Doublade:&:Dracozolt:) + (choose three of :Hawlucha::Lucario::Hitmonlee::Tsareena::Scrafty::Cinderace:)

Hustle + No Guard provides a bigger boost than Tough Claws + Compound Eyes, but the latter gives you sticky web support, which all the HJK abusers really appreciate.

The abusers all offer different things. Unburden + Queenly Majesty could be a good combo, but activating an item (i.e. White Herb) is easier for the non-HJK users who have to enter the field first to set the build-up abilities, so making use of the combo could be tricky. Probably important if you are not running webs support. Hitmonlee provides an extra Reckless boost but is Hitmonlee. Scrafty has Moxie & Dragon Dance and can deal with Psychics. Lucario has great coverage and can pulverize fairies with Iron Tail (also, many mons on this team could tank a dark attack and get a Justified boost). Cinderace offers Libero (is that released yet?) and, as with Hawlucha, is fast enough to operate without Sticky Web support. Tsareena and Hitmonlee both have Rapid Spin (unblockable with Scrappy).

As for the setters, Pangoro has a useful Psychic immunity, has Gunk Shot for fairies, and most importantly has Parting Shot for keeping momentum while building up the abilities in play, so it is probably the better choice. Sirfetch'd is slightly faster so it might be better at coming back later to make use of abilities set by the HJK users (i.e. Reckless Brave Bird from Hitmonlee, White Herb Unburden Close Combat from Hawlucha, etc)

Last edited:
In gen 7 it was possible to cause endless turns with the combination of emergency exit/wimp out and regenerator (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-re-construction.3623341/page-27#post-7680101). I assume this is still possible in gen 8 (if not then ignore this post completely). This was only possible with very low level pokemon, so I feel that there are two options; ban emergency exit + regenerator or add a clause forcing all pokemon to be level 100. I would personally prefer the second option because emergency exit + regenerator seems like a strategy with more merit than using low level pokemon. Regardless of how it’s handled it does need to be dealt with; having the possibility of infinitely long turns is unacceptable.

In gen 7 it was possible to cause endless turns with the combination of emergency exit/wimp out and regenerator (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-re-construction.3623341/page-27#post-7680101). I assume this is still possible in gen 8 (if not then ignore this post completely). This was only possible with very low level pokemon, so I feel that there are two options; ban emergency exit + regenerator or add a clause forcing all pokemon to be level 100. I would personally prefer the second option because emergency exit + regenerator seems like a strategy with more merit than using low level pokemon. Regardless of how it’s handled it does need to be dealt with; having the possibility of infinitely long turns is unacceptable.
PLEAS GOD let it be the clause forcing all pokemon to be level 100, or at least above level 10 or something, last gen i got away with some very funny blacephalon mind blown regenerator shenanigans and now that we have multiple pokemon with steel beem. Now, you can realistically volt-turn with steel freakin' beam. THEN you can combine it with Perrserker + Dhelmise to obliterate everything. Though at that point 4 of your 6 slots are taken up and 2 of them are RU and below putting much more of a crux on the last 2 pokemon. Those 2 are most likely going to be the abusers which will need to be used in a smart manner or risk losing one of them and by proxy, all of your team's momentum and possibly the game. On top of that, they are pretty much limited to Lucario, Duraladon, and Cobalion. Silvally-Steel can be used for better special bulk than all previous options, but it's not like it can run AV or your team can use it's ability. Copperajah, is an interesting choice, as it is a slow pivot with SHEER FORCE for the rest of your team.

TL:DR, plz don't ban regen exit, i want funni steel beem meem.

Does anyone think that Crawdaunt is a problem? With the right teammates, it gets strong jaw; tough claws; and its own adaptability, all boosting the power of crunch. A banded adamant set can 2HKO most resists, such as a chance to 2HKO max defense Kommo-o.

Edit: obviously we have fluffy and fur coat (with Bewear and Persian-A also resisting crunch), but I don't think these abilities will last. It would be a case of "broken checking broken".

Literally Satan: The Cancer Stage: The Movie: The Team

Frosmoth+Alolan-Persian right away seems like a broken ass core for a team. Making it so your entire team automatically gets x2 Def and x2 SpD.
Toxapex is also amazing because it gives every Pokemon on your team Regenerator, making everything heal freely apon switching.
Xatu provides Magic Bounce for the entire team, making it essentially immune to Toxic, Hazards, and Taunt, especially with Mold Breaker banned.
Clefable might not have Magic Guard, but Unaware is still great and makes any of the opponent's setting up useless.
Corviknight is here because it's Corviknight and also Pressure is actually super good against everything, and because it has one of the best types in the game.

Frosmoth @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Persian-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Growl
- Rest
- Spite
- Knock Off

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Rest
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
- Protect
- Night Shade
- Teleport
- Wish

Extra Details:
With Magic Bounce, the only reason you would need Defog is for PP stalling, but some moves have more PP than Defog while still having use.
Frosmoth has U-turn over Bug Buzz for switching spam and because it has more PP.
Persian is given growl solely because of its plentiful PP.
Nearly everything is given rest, as if one Pokemon is 1 HP below max, that means you save 2 PP.
And honestly, you could probably constantly switch between teammates without much fear since everything is way too bulky.

If you could add a 7th Pokemon to a team, you could add Seismitoad, Mantine, or Gastrodon to make your team immune to Dracovish/Dracozolt, which likely will be the only things that can possibly break through this team, but if you wanted to counter them, you could replace Corviknight with Seismitoad or Gastrodon, although that would make fighting other Stall teams much harder since you lose or tie in the PP war.

IBM

Banned deucer.
Here’s a cool weather combo I guess
1585787961691.gif
+
1585787994768.gif
+
1585788028327.gif

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth / Earth Power

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Ninetales is there mostly for support and to set up the sun, but it can also do some decent damage with sheer force fire blast.
Venusaur can be a set up sweeper in the sun or go for coverage moves. Sludge bomb and earth power have their damage boosted by sheer force if you needed more of that.
Darmanitan. You have not seen damage until you’ve seen banded darm in the sun. Toxapex can’t even switch into it.

252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Sun: 177-209 (58.2 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

This core breaks almost all stall (which is definitely going to be a popular playstyle) as long as they don’t have a pesky flash fire pokemon. It also is pretty weak to hazards so a magic bounce pokemon like Xatu or Espeon helps a lot. Darmanitan also kills itself with flare blitz so you could use a Steelix or something with Rock Head to prevent that. Adaptability and Tough Claws are other power boosting abilities to make darm that much more of a threat.

TLDR: Darm sun = very fun

Literally Satan: The Cancer Stage: The Movie: The Team

Frosmoth+Alolan-Persian right away seems like a broken ass core for a team. Making it so your entire team automatically gets x2 Def and x2 SpD.
Toxapex is also amazing because it gives every Pokemon on your team Regenerator, making everything heal freely apon switching.
Xatu provides Magic Bounce for the entire team, making it essentially immune to Toxic, Hazards, and Taunt, especially with Mold Breaker banned.
Clefable might not have Magic Guard, but Unaware is still great and makes any of the opponent's setting up useless.
Corviknight is here because it's Corviknight and also Pressure is actually super good against everything, and because it has one of the best types in the game.

Frosmoth @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Persian-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Growl
- Rest
- Spite
- Knock Off

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Rest
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
- Protect
- Night Shade
- Teleport
- Wish

Extra Details:
With Magic Bounce, the only reason you would need Defog is for PP stalling, but some moves have more PP than Defog while still having use.
Frosmoth has U-turn over Bug Buzz for switching spam and because it has more PP.
Persian is given growl solely because of its plentiful PP.
Nearly everything is given rest, as if one Pokemon is 1 HP below max, that means you save 2 PP.
And honestly, you could probably constantly switch between teammates without much fear since everything is way too bulky.

If you could add a 7th Pokemon to a team, you could add Seismitoad, Mantine, or Gastrodon to make your team immune to Dracovish/Dracozolt, which likely will be the only things that can possibly break through this team, but if you wanted to counter them, you could replace Corviknight with Seismitoad or Gastrodon, although that would make fighting other Stall teams much harder since you lose or tie in the PP war.
FYI you forgot the EVs on Xatu.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
If I have a Pokemon that changes abilities mid-battle somehow, not just as a result of an effect of say Mummy or Skill Swap but... well the obvious, if no longer legal example is, what if I mega evolve? Given that my ability is no longer the same, but abilities continue to be donated after a mon's knocked out, does my mon donate the old ability, the new ability, or both?

I would guess the new ability, but I would like to know for sure.

If I have a Pokemon that changes abilities mid-battle somehow, not just as a result of an effect of say Mummy or Skill Swap but... well the obvious, if no longer legal example is, what if I mega evolve? Given that my ability is no longer the same, but abilities continue to be donated after a mon's knocked out, does my mon donate the old ability, the new ability, or both?

I would guess the new ability, but I would like to know for sure.
If, hypothetically, you Mega Evolve, you should be sharing the new ability and no longer be sharing the old one as you have permanently replaced that ability on your Pokemon. Even after fainting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)