Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitnerd

Banned deucer.
My elo glitched and/ or matchmaking has a bug.

In this replay, if you hover over my avatar, it says I have 1546 elo, but when I did /rank, I had 1877 elo, which is my actual elo.
1591412846516.png

And no, I did not lose a lot of elo at a time. I posted it originally in the help chat, and a moderator agrees with that the elo system has a glitch or a bug.
1591412734679.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Some of the entries here on the vgotd are italicized, likely due to the < in the last username.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I couldn't reproduce this when I tried in the VG room (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Seems like Moongeist Beam + Pressure is borked in mnm

1591477765973.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1128094375

Mega evolved pressure corvi, so it might assume that there was a second proc on pressure. Nearly cost a game, because I assumed it was out

UPDATE

Played a little with friends, and it seems like its a bug when you mega evolve in MnM, it counts the ability as the first ability in that pokemon's roster when calculating moves used and what the ability shown on hover is. This example, Corviknight, will make people think that the opponent has used more moves than it should have (Counting it as having pressure)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Hello, when I click on the nickname of a "Global Leader", it appears in "Global Administrator"

iOOgh5WVQO6wMhili5VPUg.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG The ranks are being merged.

when silvally psychic with multi attack dynamaxed, the multi attack dynamax move changed to display as normal typing, but when used was a differently named psychic attack dynamax move.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Noticed that showdown doesn't have the updated gen 8 mechanics for Adrenaline Orb on the Intimidate-immune abilities. Even though the attack stat does not drop the item should still be consumed. This would apply to:

Clear Body
Hyper Cutter
Inner Focus
Oblivious
Own Tempo
Scrappy
White Smoke

Example in game (poor photo quality incoming)
20200607_161113.jpg
20200607_161120.jpg

Also found this when looking at Adrenaline Orb on bulbapedia

1591566508560.png

Haven't tested every ability on showdown yet, but noticed this when trying to use Adrenaline Orb on Scrappy and Inner Focus mons.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

Cinderace changes its type to dark with Libero when using Sucker Punch when it fails on Showdown: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen8ou-1128408438
In SwSh Libero does not activate if Sucker Punch fails.
This is true
33:28 Aaaron sent out his Cinderace and used sucker punch, which failed and libero is not triggered at that turn
Also according to the pedia
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Libero_(Ability)
" Libero will not activate if the move fails "
So Showdown definitely implement this in a wrong way

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Mavis

Banned deucer.
During a couple of our RU Snake Draft games, Golisopod's Emergency Exit worked unexpectedly in places it shouldn't have. Despite the outcome of both games being unaffected by this, user Expulso and I got on both the main PS server and Smogtours to recreate the bug found in turn 18 of lax and ODR's game, which involved Golisopod triggering Emergency Exit at low health after KOing a Pokemon with First Impression, which shouldn't have happened normally. Here are our finding upon attempting to recreate the bug.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-1129501762

On main, the bug did not occur.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ru-505713

However, on Smogtours, we did successfully recreate the bug.

I have advised all players in my tournament to play their SM RU games exclusively on the main server- I've got no idea why this is occurring, but for the time being it's better safe than sorry.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by HoeenHero, the code on smogtours must not have been updated at the time

The "copy to clipboard" function in the Teambuilder apparently runs any html code in the copied Pokemon's nickname.
For example, nicknaming a pokemon <button type="button" onclick="alert('You pressed the button!')">Click me!</button> results in a clickable button on the clipboard with the alert:
html_button.png
You can also copy paste the header of any website to change the style of all elements on pokemon showdown (including the website icon).
For this example I replaced the button code on the pokemon's nickname with lichess.org's entire sourcecode:
lichess_ps.png
Is this intentional? Why is this a thing?

(To those curious how I found this, I named a Dhelmise "<a href=" as a joke/reference, and then it actually hyperinked me to a non-existent room called "3%small")

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Golisopods emergency exit did not activate when switching in to a flare blitz from darmanitan that put it around 35 to 40% and with available party members in the back. The item it was holding was heavy duty boots. I do not have a screenshot of it either.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as stated, Sheer Force negates Emergency Exit (DaWoblefet)

Golisopods emergency exit did not activate when switching in to a flare blitz from darmanitan that put it around 35 to 40% and with available party members in the back. The item it was holding was heavy duty boots. I do not have a screenshot of it either.
Yet another one of Sheer Force's wack side effects is negating Emergency Exit.

So I was in a gen8bh battle and was about to win, it might've taken a number of more turns but it was a win, and then as soon as the ladder battle hit 100 turns a tie happened. Neither I nor my opponent requested one, he was upset with the battle but I don't think that had anything to do with it. I wouldn't have accepted one either cause the battle was basically over, but as soon as turn 100 started a tie happened.

The Replay

Any explanations?

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pre

Hi I want to report this bug it showed some weird messages when I started a gen 7 ag battle and only I was able to see and I know that because I called for help and here is a screenshot

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, can't do anything without the replay (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

NU ladder is a bit bugged, it autoselects the "random team" and doesnt allow you to pick any. Reselecting the tier after switching format allows the user to pick a team as intended.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT), this can happen with any format, but I don't know a consistent way of reproducing it (DaWoblefet)

in DPP LC (i have not tested any other metas), Wynaut using Tickle and Counter or Mirror Coat is deemed to be incompatible. I have been using this set for like 10 years, so unless there has been some recent development, this is now not working properly.

in DPP LC (i have not tested any other metas), Wynaut using Tickle and Counter or Mirror Coat is deemed to be incompatible. I have been using this set for like 10 years, so unless there has been some recent development, this is now not working properly.
From what I can tell, Wynaut only learns Tickle through an event egg. The only reason Wynaut can use Counter or Mirror Coat at level 5 is because breeding can pass level up moves. If a Wynaut doesn't hatch with Counter or Mirror Coat, as is the case with this special Wynaut, the only ways for a Wynaut to learn them is to either train to level 15 and learn them the regular way, or get transferred up to Gen 7 or 8 and learn them through the buffed move reminder. Either way, it will no longer be able to compete in DPP LC.

From what I can tell, Wynaut only learns Tickle through an event egg. The only reason Wynaut can use Counter or Mirror Coat at level 5 is because breeding can pass level up moves. If a Wynaut doesn't hatch with Counter or Mirror Coat, as is the case with this special Wynaut, the only ways for a Wynaut to learn them is to either train to level 15 and learn them the regular way, or get transferred up to Gen 7 or 8 and learn them through the buffed move reminder. Either way, it will no longer be able to compete in DPP LC.
I am by no means an expert at this but:
Step 1: you get the event egg in RSE
Step 2: use the pomeg glitch (as it has been approved in DPP LC) to learn counter + Mirror Coat
Step 3: transfer it up to DPP

It should be legal.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
the natures on recommended spreads in gen 3 factor the moves as post physical-special split. here's an example:

even though fire punch is special in gen 3, the builder reads it as physical and suggests a -def nature rather than a -atk one. this also works the other way with moves like physical hidden power types not being recognized.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

I believe that you guys have Cinderace's Hidden Ability coded incorrectly.

I am an avid watcher of many creators who regularly use showdown like Pokeaim and recently he has been doing SWSH Wifi battles. In this video (https://youtu.be/_gkKqKhgXhQ?t=1079…), Joey just had his Lapras faint, thus bringing in his own Libero Cinderace to revenge it. He uses sucker punch, but the opponent predicted a move like that so he switched. Upon the switch in, sucker punch fails thus cinderace's libero does not activate, keeping it's fire typing.

I thought this was strange cuz in showdown I've seen this happen, but cinderace would still become dark type.

So I tested it and in this replay (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1133315274) and it shows libero activate yet the move failed.

I just think this may have been an oversight and maybe could be fixed.

Also I haven't tested this on any other move, so I don't know if this is just with sucker punch or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)