Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Monotype Edition

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
With the release of Libero Cinderace, do you think that it could rise in the viability rankings or possibly be suspected in the future? Explain your reasoning.
It has already risen to S in the recent VR update. We are not planning to hold a suspect for it anytime soon considering that it isn't unhealthy for the metagame and there isn't enough time to hold a suspect test anyways before DLC 1 drops.

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
With the release of Libero Cinderace, do you think that it could rise in the viability rankings or possibly be suspected in the future? Explain your reasoning.
It did rise from A to S in the latest viability rankings update. Too early to tell if its going to be suspect worthy especially with the DLC coming up, but it's definitely something to look out for because it has really nice coverage outside of something to hit Water/Ground types with along with amazing Speed, good Attack, and decent bulk, as well as access to Bulk Up and priority Sucker Punch.

edit: sniped kek

Is emolga viable? I think it be an okay sub for thundurus as his mighty seat warmer. Flying sub par this gen so just want thoughts on it. Same for altaria and talonflame.

Why does the ladder say that there are 140 people with an ELO of exactly 1500? That seems highly unlikely unless there’s some kind of scoring artifact that I am unaware of.

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why does the ladder say that there are 140 people with an ELO of exactly 1500? That seems highly unlikely unless there’s some kind of scoring artifact that I am unaware of.
On the ladder, there is a decay in score every day if you haven't played any games. 1500 is the minimum bar for the decay, meaning you won't go lower than 1500 due to decay. Those 140 people simply haven't played games in a while and have decayed down to the minimum ELO.

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Sableye @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Spirit Break

This was my team prior to DLC/Home release and I felt quite comfortable with it. Are there any upgrades available now outside Knock Off on Bisharp which I included already? Urshifu is sadly a no go for me. Maybe swap out Grimmsnarl for Incineroar or Krookodile? Bisharp and Hydreigon seem to be an unreplacable offense and Mandi + Tyranitar an unreplacable defense core...

his was my team prior to DLC/Home release and I felt quite comfortable with it. Are there any upgrades available now outside Knock Off on Bisharp which I included already? Urshifu is sadly a no go for me. Maybe swap out Grimmsnarl for Incineroar or Krookodile? Bisharp and Hydreigon seem to be an unreplacable offense and Mandi + Tyranitar an unreplacable defense core...
Are there specific constraints you are operating under? Why is Urshifu a “no-go”?

Are there specific constraints you are operating under? Why is Urshifu a “no-go”?
No duplicate items and no legendaries/mythicals are my personal restrictions. That's why no Urshifu.

he already asked on cord, idt anyone responded because its a simple ? thread and not a rmt
Didn't actually ask on discord, somebody just saw me there and responded ^^ just wanted to know if there are nobrain upgrades to some of my mons like maybe using Incineroar over Grimmsnarl simply because it maybe outclasses it in the current meta. Have been quite out of touch for some time now.

Floss

never forgotten
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Leader
is Chandelure still worth using over Alolan Marowak on Ghost teams? What sets them apart?
To put it simply, Chandelure is much more reliable in helping in the Steel MU than Alolan Marowak with the SubCM set, and teams that use Alowak over Chandy could struggle against Steel. Advantage of Alowak is having access to Rocks and Electric immunity, the former freeing up Corsola-G to run a different option (like Haze), while the latter helps a lot against Electric.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is there a place I can find statistics about what types of teams people run the most (from last month... etc)?
ik there is a usage rating, here is the usage ratings for Monotype Ladder for each mon by ranking:

https://www.smogon.com/stats/2020-07/gen8monotype-0.txt
https://www.smogon.com/stats/2020-07/gen8monotype-1500.txt
https://www.smogon.com/stats/2020-07/gen8monotype-1630.txt
https://www.smogon.com/stats/2020-07/gen8monotype-1760.txt
but I don't think there is a place Smogon does about the type of teams for Mono at least

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
Why were Mega Evolutions that switched/removed type banned from their base typing teams in Gen 7 but not in Gen 6?
(i.e. Mega Altaria being banned on Flying)

Why does Rhyperior use Fire Punch in its set and not Heat Crash?

252 Atk Rhyperior Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Corviknight: 166-196 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Rhyperior Heat Crash (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Corviknight: 178-210 (44.5 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Heat Crash actually has a chance to becom 2HKO, unlike Fire Punch

252 Atk Rhyperior Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Corviknight: 166-196 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Rhyperior Heat Crash (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Corviknight: 178-210 (44.5 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I imagine it's because Fire Punch hits Bronzong and Ferrothorn harder (+2 Fire Punch OHKOes Ferro and 2HKOs Heatproof Bronzong, while Heat Crash doesn't)

Heat Crash doesn’t have a chance to 2HKO after leftovers recovery.

This doesn't necessarily have to do with Monotype, but I'm new and don't know how to do this:
How do you make buttons for things like import and description? I made a sample team and it's really long cause I can't make buttons. Thanks!

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
This doesn't necessarily have to do with Monotype, but I'm new and don't know how to do this:
How do you make buttons for things like import and description? I made a sample team and it's really long cause I can't make buttons. Thanks!
This is how.
Code:
[hide=name]
Your wall of text
[/hide]
This is how that above code looks like when you type it.
Your wall of text
Just replace "name" and "Your wall of text" with whatever it is you want to post and we're good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)