Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

DetectiveDaikon

formerly KantherTheCholricle
So what if it's on every team? Answers to it are also on every team. Not in a "Water Absorb is everywhere because Vish is busted" kind of way. No one gets to the sixth mon and realizes "oh shit Lando wrecks me". Every good team handles Lando without even trying. Lando is popular because it can fill a lot of roles at once, and fill them pretty well. No outstandingly well, but pretty well. Being great at role compression isn't a good reason to ban something. Banworthy Pokemon warp the meta around themselves, force people to run niche mons whose sole purpose to avoid a 6-0 from the threat (cough Water Absorb) or are otherwise unhealthy for the meta. In a meta filled to the brim with outrageous offensive threats like Greninja, Kartana, Greninja again, Tapu Lele, Magearna, and Heatran, as well as sturdy defensive threats like Toxapex, Ferrothorn, Chansey, Magearna, and Heatran, covering everything with only six Pokemon while still having basic tools like Stealth Rock and Defog would be a Herculean task if Lando wasn't there to cover multiple bases at once. But with Lando, you have more freedom to run mons you want to run, and covering everything is only super hard as opposed to Herculean (gen 7 was a dumb meta full of things that probably should have been banned, but Lando is not one of those things).

It's fine to not like seeing Lando in every other game. But if that's your only reason for wanting it banned,

Also, if you're going to reply to someone, it's usually best to do so in the thread you're already in, or in a private message. Not on their wall.
Well damn... my original response was a little to outlandish I was about to talk about gamefreak doesint care about the consumer and only cares about money and that we should more be more aggressive on gamefreak cause I think they dont really care and seeing how they gave cancerous-t defog shows that and 2. Its not about the power to sweep its the utility it has,

Greninja was banned for the same exact reason Kappa so why cant Lando be suspected its so infuriating even if you have the checks to it the little weasel of your opponent will keep U-Turning out for chip dmg.. and when you finally get your hands on lando your team is all worn down.. ready to swept by something like Magearna or Charizard X wait till Crown tundra and watch this thing get dragon dance instead of Garchomp cause it was secretly a reptile thingy all along like Whiscash! lll be damned.. if it does!!, that is all have to say..

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Well damn... my original response was a little to outlandish I was about to talk about gamefreak doesint care about the consumer and only cares about money and that we should more be more aggressive on gamefreak cause I think they dont really care and seeing how they gave cancerous-t defog shows that and 2. Its not about the power to sweep its the utility it has,

Greninja was banned for the same exact reason Kappa so why cant Lando be suspected its so infuriating even if you have the checks to it the little weasel of your opponent will keep U-Turning out for chip dmg.. and when you finally get your hands on lando your team is all worn down.. ready to swept by something like Magearna or Charizard X wait till Crown tundra and watch this thing get dragon dance instead of Garchomp cause it was secretly a reptile thingy all along like Whiscash! lll be damned.. if it does!!, that is all have to say..
Whatever happens when Landorus-T returns in Gen 8 is not going to be entirely mandated on how it behaved in Gen 7, it might be worse or better, but it will treated as another fresh addition in terms of tiering at least. On the topic of Gen 7 Landorus-T, here's a more detailed post from ABR as OU tier leader from that time.

Hello.

I was wondering if there was a thread for more private complaints? You know, some place that isn’t PMing random people to tell them my problems and have it go no where?
I figured that since this is the simple questions section&suggestions, I could ask about where I could find such a thread.

If there is no private complaints thread, then I would suggest Smogon should implement one to post some complaints without specific users seeing them?

Also, I had ask previous if ONLY the moderators that gave you an infraction, hopefully it’s not, but if it is, another suggestion would be Can we NOT?
This is like having the police officer who arrested you be also your judge and jury.
I don’t expect to give people their own lawyers, but wouldn’t it be a more fair system to have some third party moderator(s) identify the situation and judge it themselves at the very least?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hello.

I was wondering if there was a thread for more private complaints? You know, some place that isn’t PMing random people to tell them my problems and have it go no where?
I figured that since this is the simple questions section&suggestions, I could ask about where I could find such a thread.

If there is no private complaints thread, then I would suggest Smogon should implement one to post some complaints without specific users seeing them?

Also, I had ask previous if ONLY the moderators that gave you an infraction, hopefully it’s not, but if it is, another suggestion would be Can we NOT?
This is like having the police officer who arrested you be also your judge and jury.
I don’t expect to give people their own lawyers, but wouldn’t it be a more fair system to have some third party moderator(s) identify the situation and judge it themselves at the very least?
You can PM me or hit me up on Discord (Kalalokki#9999) and I can explain.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello, wonderful users of Smogon. I had a question regarding where I could potentially share a massive, massive idea that I had online. Simply put, I have an idea so big that this could revolutionize Pokémon as we know it, and spark new life into the online Pokémon community as a whole. I’m serious. And I have it all planned out, too.

But... despite me really, really wanting to share this idea on the Forums after being offline for so long, I can’t figure out where the best place to share such information would be. I guess what I’m trying to ask, since this is the closest thing I could find for a general Q & A covering all of Smogon, is where I can share my idea. As in which forums, you know?

If it helps find an answer to my question, I’m willing to share that my idea has to do with Mystery Gifts and social media accounts. Thanks in advance for your input!

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
Hello, wonderful users of Smogon. I had a question regarding where I could potentially share a massive, massive idea that I had online. Simply put, I have an idea so big that this could revolutionize Pokémon as we know it, and spark new life into the online Pokémon community as a whole. I’m serious. And I have it all planned out, too.

But... despite me really, really wanting to share this idea on the Forums after being offline for so long, I can’t figure out where the best place to share such information would be. I guess what I’m trying to ask, since this is the closest thing I could find for a general Q & A covering all of Smogon, is where I can share my idea. As in which forums, you know?

If it helps find an answer to my question, I’m willing to share that my idea has to do with Mystery Gifts and social media accounts. Thanks in advance for your input!
I run social media, so send me a forum PM.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
I run social media, so send me a forum PM.
I don’t do social media myself, so you’re gonna have to tell me what the heck that is. My apologies, I’m kinda stupid lol

Edit: I mean certain kinds of it. I still do this on occasion and like to watch YouTube and stuff.

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
I don’t do social media myself, so you’re gonna have to tell me what the heck that is. My apologies, I’m kinda stupid lol

Edit: I mean certain kinds of it. I still do this on occasion and like to watch YouTube and stuff.
If it helps find an answer to my question, I’m willing to share that my idea has to do with Mystery Gifts and social media accounts.
?

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
I can see how that sounded kind of contradictory. My apologies. I was referring to other people’s social media pages, because that’s what the idea is referring to. Simply put, the whole concept is Pokémon releasing Mystery Gifts based on people’s content, and I wasn’t sure how I could spread this idea around.

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
I can see how that sounded kind of contradictory. My apologies. I was referring to other people’s social media pages, because that’s what the idea is referring to. Simply put, the whole concept is Pokémon releasing Mystery Gifts based on people’s content, and I wasn’t sure how I could spread this idea around.
Just send me a PM with the outline of your idea and we can take it from there.

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Question here: If someone wrote a message on my profile, and then deleted it, is there any way for me to view it?

When you're looking at the index of stats to look at percentage usage of moves, abilities, and what not they have different numbers like 0, 1500, 1630, 1760. What do these mean? My assumption has always been it is for the level of play and the higher numbers are what top level players use and the 0 is an aggregate of all usage, but I figured I should ask.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
When you're looking at the index of stats to look at percentage usage of moves, abilities, and what not they have different numbers like 0, 1500, 1630, 1760. What do these mean? My assumption has always been it is for the level of play and the higher numbers are what top level players use and the 0 is an aggregate of all usage, but I figured I should ask.
The numbers refers to different types of weighting for the usage. You can read everything about it here:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/weighted-stats-faq.3478570/

Very short:
0: Unweighted
1500: Average players
1630(1695 for OU): Good players (used for tiering)
1760(1825 for OU): Great players

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Is there a command to quickly see the type effectiveness of a certain type?
For example, telling you what ghost is super effective against, not very effective against, and deals nothing against.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 7)