Tangrowth -> Tier 5
Urshifu-Single-Strike -> Tier 2
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike -> Tier 2
Vikavolt -> Tier 5
Weavile -> Tier 5
Weezing-Galar -> Tier 3
Porygon2 -> Tier 2.5
Primarina -> Tier 4
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sk3L9BT8YkZKW005mYPHrntK5z4N5ktSnsclrZ65Ge4

As we approach OM Snake, which we are guaranteed to be in, I'd like to tackle the question of metagame balance. These Pokemon, in particular, strike me as possibly problematic:

:ss/alakazam::ss/indeedee:(F)

This combination has shown extreme potency in our recent no johns tournament, having one of the best winrates of all the cores notably seen in the tournament. Most of you know how this strategy goes: Generally, Indeedee-F will redirect attacks toward itself while Alakazam utilizes its Amazing Speed and Special Attack, with Terrain boosted Expanding Force, which OHKO's or 2HKO's pretty much anything that doesn't resist it. Of course, it has counterplay in Pokemon such as Aegislash, and moves such as Wide Guard and the like, but its still a menace to teambuilding.

:ss/Mew:

Mew is an extremely potent and versatile Pokemon, with its Imprison + Transform set, notably seen in its great usage in 2v2PL. It has a plethora of tools, such as Fake Out, Tailwind, Trick Room, and even Pollen Puff, making it exceedingly hard to predict its set, along with being another menace in the builder.

What are your thoughts on these Pokemon? Should they or should they not be banned? Please give your thoughts. For now, thanks for reading and have a nice day. Mubs out.

IBM

Banned deucer.
Mons that counter psyspam:
Incineroar, Urshifu, Pincurchin, Mew, Rillaboom, Kingdra + Politoed, Tyranitar + Excadrill, Barraskewda, Duraludon, Grimmsnarl, Torkoal + (Dusclops, Porygon2, etc), Hatterene, MORPEKO, Aegislash, Chansey, Snorlax, Necrozma, Volcarona, Hydreigon, Scizor, Krookodile, Magnezone

Those are just the ones I cared to think about, there’s probably 20 more, wide guard stuff exists as well.

good thing council was so quick to bring psyspam up, ahaahahahahah (sarcasm)
That just increased the time until I get voice back by a year haha

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Here are this Slate's VR Changes:
Code:
Mantine -> Tier 3
Accelgor -> Tier 5
Azumarill -> Tier 3
Bisharp -> Tier 4
Bronzong -> Tier 4
Chandelure -> Tier 4
Clawitzer -> Tier 4
Clefairy -> Tier 3
Durant -> Tier 4
Grimmsnarl -> Tier 3
Hawlucha -> Tier 3
Krookidile -> Tier 5
Ludicolo -> Tier 5
Magnezone -> Tier 5
Meowstic -> Tier 5
Mienshao -> Tier 2
Mimikyu -> Tier 5
Mr. Mime -> Tier 5
Porygon-Z -> Tier 5
Scizor -> Tier 4
Sirfetch'd -> Tier 5
Tangrowth -> Tier 5
Urshifu-Single-Strike -> Tier 2
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike -> Tier 2
Vikavolt -> Tier 5
Weavile -> Tier 5
Weezing-Galar -> Tier 3
Porygon2 -> Tier 2.5
Primarina -> Tier 4
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sk3L9BT8YkZKW005mYPHrntK5z4N5ktSnsclrZ65Ge4

As we approach OM Snake, which we are guaranteed to be in, I'd like to tackle the question of metagame balance. These Pokemon, in particular, strike me as possibly problematic:

:ss/alakazam::ss/indeedee:(F)

This combination has shown extreme potency in our recent no johns tournament, having one of the best winrates of all the cores notably seen in the tournament. Most of you know how this strategy goes: Generally, Indeedee-F will redirect attacks toward itself while Alakazam utilizes its Amazing Speed and Special Attack, with Terrain boosted Expanding Force, which OHKO's or 2HKO's pretty much anything that doesn't resist it. Of course, it has counterplay in Pokemon such as Aegislash, and moves such as Wide Guard and the like, but its still a menace to teambuilding.

:ss/Mew:

Mew is an extremely potent and versatile Pokemon, with its Imprison + Transform set, notably seen in its great usage in 2v2PL. It has a plethora of tools, such as Fake Out, Tailwind, Trick Room, and even Pollen Puff, making it exceedingly hard to predict its set, along with being another menace in the builder.

What are your thoughts on these Pokemon? Should they or should they not be banned? Please give your thoughts. For now, thanks for reading and have a nice day. Mubs out.
Personally I think Mew is close to being broken. Being able to bypass taunt (the main counter to imprisonform sets) with mental herb then lock it down with Imprison is really damn good. In addition to great natural base stats and the aforementioned tools (both by me and Mubs), being able to also hold a resist berry to help counter an archetype that your team struggles with means it pairs very well with any fast offensive mon such as darmg which can take out one opposing mon allowing Mew to do its thing and just win you the game (running fake out on Mew makes this even easier for darm). It sees a few counters on the field like faster super effective hitters but they can often be dealt with by Mew's teammate. I personally think a suspect test is due.

Now onto Psyspam. In my opinion, Indeedee is one of the best mons in the game. Follow me with Psychic Terrain support is really really good. This is one part of why Psyspam is so good in my opinion: You can splash Psyspam with almost anything and pick Indeedee with other mons and it'll still do work. But the main combo of Psyspam, Indeedee-Zam, I think is only a little overcentralising. Often you're forced to use Follow Me to prevent Zam from being killed turn 1 by faster mons and a lot of the top mons in the tier like Incin/Mew being able to counter or wall Expanding Force due to typing or moves (Imprison + Expanding Force Mew, for example), you aren't forced to look too far down the viability rankings before finding a counter. But I do agree that it causes some stress on teambuilding (though not to the extent that Mew does), so it might be worth looking into in the future. But I think Mew is the more pressing issue.

turtalkatthing

Edelweiss
is a Social Media Contributor
Psyspam is really strong and I won my round 1 games of 2v2 No Johns by just going Indeedee+ Alakazam and clicking the same 2 moves every turn and Smely Socks, the winner of the 2v2 No Johns has credited much of his win of off using psyspam. However, imho its not ban worthy (yet) and its not too hard to prepare for. So here's a list of fun stuff that beats psyspam

Dark Types: Most Alakazam are going to have focus blast and dazzling gleam but guess what. This MU is still not fun for the Psyspam team. Incineroar, easily the most notable of the dark types in 2v2 easily beats Psyspam just be being able to take neutral from dazzling and forcing alakazam to pretty much have to use focus blast to even consider denting it with many incineroar's being either AV or Chople. Sableye doesn't do much against psyspam but thats mostly cause of psyterrain, Urshifu and Scrafty can run Roseli berry and make the mu really unfun as well imo, Grimmsnarl should live dazzling gleam cause its doubles and its not STAB and you should have some hp invest on it anyway and morpeko does morpeko things (ban imo).

Weather teams: Well really just Rain and Sand cause sun loses to psyspam really hard and snow is not real in 2v2. Excadrill and Kingdra (with Helping Hand support) can outspeed and OHKO Alakazam with their spread moves so Sand actually has a use now that isn't just ironball hippo and ttar to mess up sun. Also Zam has to use Focus Blast to touch Excadrill and Ttar and focus miss likes to not cooperate all the time. Edit: scarf charizard kills zam with heatwave so sun doesn't get totally bodied by psyspam

Other Terrain (+ Neutralizing Gas): Psyspam is able to do really well because Expanding Force is a spread move when its on Psychic Terrain. However, you take away the terrain and now Expanding Force is just psychic with less base power and no SpDef drops. So you just send out your own terrain and wow now the duo performs a bit worse. Now tbf Electric Terrain means Pincurchin which isn't that great and most Rillaboom aren't going to be min speed for fake out. Weezing G disables the terrain but its still weak to psychic so its still not an auto win, but its not an auto win for the Psyspam team either as its not weak to priority and has to single target.

TR Teams: Alakazam doesn't kill any of the TR setters even with helping hand and its getting a diagnosis of death like the next turn so yeah don't use psyspam against a TR team. (also alakazam doesn't kill either hatterene or dusclops with shadow ball and you lose coverage or protect if you're running shadow ball)

Just stop dying to Expanding Force lol: Fun Fact: Not everything dies to Expanding Force. Chansey, Snorlax, something that has a type that resists psychic, or really anything with any special bulk makes the Psyspam team have to go into super try hard mode to try to get that dubski. Like i'm quite sure there's someone that has calcs ready to show me that snorlax dies to helping hand focus blast or something but its 2v2, you still gotta deal with like another whole Pokemon. Another fun way to go no fun allowed is use wide guard and now the Psyspam team is sad :( cause it has to use focus blast (maybe shadow ball but then you lose protect or another coverage move and that's not very epic imho).

Mew: This stupid pink thing deserves its own category. Fun fact: Mew doesn't die to Expanding Force. Another fun fact: this mon sucks to fight as psyspam and Mew often run expanding force themselves to decommission Alakazams with imprison. Mew is the other "fun" mon you gotta watch out for when building team and I have won a fair share of matches by using Mew when I know they don't have an easy way of dealing with it. There's been other posts talking about mew so you can look at those but imho its not a fun mon to fight and it kinda want's like every item at the same time to make sure it gets imprison transform but its still annoying lol.

All good essays have a conclusion and this post pretty much is one. Psyspam kinda feels like another whimsicott sableye combo to me. Both are leads that you kinda have to prep for or you just auto lose and cry cause you can't do anything except click struggle or your team is half dead from getting blasted by an Expanding Force. Is it centralizing? Yeah kind of, but so was WhimsSab and there wasn't a fun post by tier leader Mubs saying "hey should we look at this". Unlike other stuff that has been banned in the past Psyspam isn't unkillable nor is it hard stop it from killing stuff. Does this mean every team should have a psychic resist/immunity?. Not like it hurts to have one. Does it warrant inspection in the future? Yeah probably especially if Tapu Lele and Deoxys come back and get access to Expanding Force but as of right now I see this as more of a "learn how to make a team that doesn't just die in 2 turns" type of deal than a ban it situation.

Last edited:
The thing with mew is, in a purely support role it's outclassed by clefairy thanks to fren guard and follow me. Tailwind is nice but works better on fast/priority mons like talonflame. Funnily enough, the only good support moves mew even has over mr. mime (other then jail, and pollen puff) are tailwind and... will o' wisp?
I tried using offensive mew once and it just doesn't do enough damage. If you don't belive me, try it yourself.
What I'm getting at is that, while jailmew is an incredibly potent set that should be looked at, it's the only relevant set here.
If you want tailwind support use whimsicott/talonflame, and if you want pollen puff support use amoongus. Mew can do all of those things but it can't do them all at once and it can't do any of them very well.

D2TheW

Amadán
So now that the latest vr changes have been made, I figured I'd go through the slate and give a quick explanation of each of my votes. I'm also going to talk about psyspam and mew afterwards so if you're interested in that discussion feel free to scroll past the explanations I spent well over an hour writing.
:Mantine: - 4 rain checks should always be able to handle Pelliper's hurricane (and also kingdra's) and considering that peli is actually stronger than the manatee, mantine's niche is pretty meh all things considered. Manual rain is also meh.
:Accelgor: - 5 final gambit is strong and it's a reasonably strong bug type special attacker which is handy with mew and psyspam around. Tons of flaws but it does what it does to a satisfactory degree
:Arctovish: - UR no reason to use this over Dracovish and even if it wasn't directly outclassed by a great mon it's also just awful in it's own right.
:Azumarill: - 3 very strong physical attacker with good mus vs many intimidate mons. Also useful on rain to beat goodra
:Beartic: - 5 abomasnow is in tier 5 and the bear is the best hail abuser imo so it gets to room with the snow tree
:Bisharp: - UR I would love to know what everyone else sees in this because it's just awful. It's a defiant user that loses to practically every intimidate user, an inner focus mon that loses to every fake out user bar Mr Mime and Delibird. It's a dark type that loses to psyspam (252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chople Berry Bisharp: 471-554 (141 - 165.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO) It loses to sun, rain, sand, eterrain and pretty much everything else you could care to mention.
:Bronzong: - 5 decent tr setter, good psyspam and sand mus, very bad incin mu holds it back though.
:Chandelure: - 4 ridiculously strong in sun with a good mu vs other sun and a good anti tr mon. Bad incin mu holds it back a lot
:Clawitzer: - UR too frail, too slow, not nearly strong enough to be worth the effort
:Clefairy: - 4 redirection is good, friend guard is good. Outclassed by Indeedee but there's definitely valid reasons to use clef
:Crustle: - UR shell smash doesn't make a Pokemon good by itself and crustle has nothing to back it up
:Copperajah:- UR ಠ_ಠ this mon is awful. It's too slow, too frail and it's power, while good, is not exceptional enough to distinguish itself from the myriad of better steel types.
:Diggersby: - 5 another one that's just very strong with a decent typing. I was prey on the fence with this one, I get why the other's voted UR.
:Durant: - 5 pretty directly outclassed by Scizor, rock coverage and speed are nice but scizor's priority makes up for the speed and has much better bulk. Durant is also just super inconsistent and the fact that Zam can ohko it without even needing helping hand is just sad.
:Falinks: - UR bad gimmick mon, better fighting types are available, better defiant fighting types are too
:Grimmsnarl: - 3 fake out is nice, excellent offensive typing, great support moves. Good psyspam mu is also nice and thr variety in the sets it runs is another plus
:Hawlucha: - 3 super scary in terrain, great offensive typing and seeds let it tank one hit which is often all it needs. Synergizes really well with the terrain setters which is also nice.
:Hippowdon: - 5 sand setter that doesn't fold to fighting types and is pretty hard to kill for many physical attackers. Worse than ttar but better than gigalith as a sand setter.
:Krookodile: - 5 intimidate, unique typing that gives you reasons to use it, can run a few different sets.
:Ludicolo: - 4 rain abuser that destroys bulky waters, has fake out and has a good mu vs other rain. Second best swift swim mon imo
:Magnezone: - 5 see my nom post
:Meowstic-M: - 5 fake out, prankster support moves, pretty directly outclassed by Grimm and sableye but there are reasons to use it ig
:Mienshao: - 2 God tier mon, see my nom post
:Mimikyu:- 5 disguise is useful, handy typing, reasonably strong with an SD up
:Mr Mime: - 5 fake out + follow me great combo, Blastoise is better but mime is faster ig Vrji we ranked it, let my family go
:Porygon2: - 2.5 see my nom post
:Porygon-Z: - 5 another one that's just ridiculously powerful in terms of sheer strength but requires a lot of support
:Primarina: - 4 see my nom post
:Scizor: - 4 good typing, strong, decent mus vs psyspam and sand. Really not a fan of incin and sun
:Shiinotic:- UR ತ_ʖತ this mon is awful, use amoongus if you want spore.
:Sirfetch - 5 see the PZ explanation, nice incin mu too
:Stonjourner: - UR really not worth it
:Tangrowth: - 4 good rage powder user with absolutely titanic physical bulk. Outclassed by the mushroom but not being psychic weak and having ground resistance are both nice as is it's ability to actually threaten mons itself with it's good spatk
:Urshifu-Single-Strike: - 2 strong, nice typing, ignoring tect makes it hard to play around. Unpredictability at preview is also nice
:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:- 2 see above but with a different typing that gives you a reason to prefer one over the other
:Vikavolt: - 5 strong tr mon with a nice stab combo for the meta
:Virizion: - UR this thing has always been bad but now incin runs chople a lot, which is just cruel. Idk why this was ever ranked, there are better justified abusers and better grass and fighting types.
:Weavile: - 5 very similar to bisharp but weavile at least has fake out and a good speed stat. Another one I was on the fence with, could easily be UR
:Weezing-Galar: - 3 Ngas is cool but requires careful building. Levitate is also a nice ability that has to be taken into account at preview and it's typing is generally decent. Misty surge also exists I suppose.

Now onto Psyterrain and mew. turtalkatthing made the comparison between psyspam teams and sabwhims and I find it to be a pretty good comparison. Both are strong and can be pretty hard to stop without good prep. However prepping for each really isn't overly difficult and both have defined counters that they struggle to beat. The fact that the best mon in the tier, Incineroar is a very good answer is pretty hard for psyspam to get around. Obviously you shouldn't have to run Incin on every team (honestly tho it's good enough that you easily could) but there are other checks and counter without even leaving the higher tiers such as Mew, Snorlax and Chansey.

My opinion on mew really hasn't changed since I made the post on it in this thread s little while back so just go read that for my in depth thoughts. I do understand that it can be irritating to build against, especially for newer players but I remain unconvinced that it falls into broken territory. I wouldn't be adamantly against a suspect on principle or anything and I think mew is probably the more problematic of the two issues mubs brought up but I don't think a suspect is necessary at this time.

Anyway, those are my thoughts and I would like to encourage others to weigh in, especially my fellow council members. Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
fine you can have your daughter back
To Bisharp: it's a dark type that can beat Sylveon and Whimsicott, and it usually does beat psyspam with redirection support... what does that remind me of... oh right the best mon in the tier also does all of that that but has intimidate and takes a focus blast. The only niche I can think of is that I can probably brew up an av set that beats... Primarina... eeh I'm fine with unranked there is really no reason to use this over Grimmsnarl or the furry cat, although I'd definitely consider it when I need a dark type that can beat Prima.
Speaking of, 4 is too low for Primarina imo. It outright beats rain, probably beats sand, is probably the best answer to Incineroar, and can be bulked for a lot of things (the one in my sample lives an intimidated fake out into plasma fists from life orb zera). Definitely 3 imo, maybe even 2.

Last edited:
Thank you for discussing Mew and Psyspam. An another topic, samples have been revamped! Here's our banner:
1594848441047.png
Here are the samples!
Dracovish Offense by D2TheW
:dracovish::whimsicott::incineroar::magnezone:

JailMew + Fake Out Gang by D2TheW
:mew::Mienshao::goodra::incineroar:

Kingdra Rain + Azu and Amoon by Lkjc
:kingdra::politoed::azumarill::amoonguss:

Psyspam Offense by Vrji
:alakazam::indeedee::incineroar::primarina:

The pastes and descriptions are in the 2nd post of the thread.

Also, we've finally gotten a banner for 2v2 this generation!
1594851101623.png

A huge thanks to Zephyr2007 for making it. As always, thank you for reading and have a nice day. Mubs out.

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
So uhh, I noticed there aren't any speed tiers for 2v2 yet, so I made some with some help. (see shoutouts)

Key
Min Speed
= 0 IVs + Reducing Nature + 0 EVs
Uninvested = 0 EVs
Fast = 252 EVs
Max Speed = Increasing Nature + 252 EVs
Standard = Sets compendium sets for top meta mons
Any instance of a Speed increasing item, ability, or relevant element will also be mentioned.

Bolded text
will be used to indicate particularly important benchmarks.

Min Speed Pincurchin: 31
Min Speed Torkoal, Ferrothorn: 40
Min Speed Dusclops, Gigalith: 49
Min Speed Hatterene: 56
Min Speed Snorlax: 58
Min Speed Bronzong: 63
Uninvested Pincurchin: 66
Uninvested Ferrothorn, Min Speed Rhyperior: 76
Min Speed Vikavolt: 81
Min Speed Conkeldurr: 85
Uninvested Gigalith: 86
Min Speed Sableye, Azumarill: 94
Uninvested Amoonguss, Snorlax: 96
Uninvested Clefairy: 106
Min Speed Incineroar, Primarina, Oranguru, Porygon2, Aegislash, Abomasnow: 112
Min Speed Tyranitar, Uninvested Gastrodon: 114
Min Speed Pelipper: 121
Uninvested Vikavolt: 122
Uninvested Conkeldurr: 126
Uninvested Chansey, Azumarill, Tangrowth: 136
Min Speed Necrozma: 146
Uninvested Scrafty: 152
Uninvested Incineroar, Porygon2, Grimmsnarl, Weezing-G, Primarina, Sylveon, Abomasnow, Magnezone: 156
Min Speed Indeedee-F, Rillaboom: 157
Uninvested Tyranitar: 158
Uninvested Scizor, Pelipper: 166
Standard Slow Incineroar: 168
Uninvested Corviknight: 170
Uninvested Bisharp, Hitmontop: 176
Standard Fast Incineroar: 178
Fast Conkeldurr: 189
Uninvested Blastoise: 192
Uninvested Necrozma: 194
Uninvested Togekiss, Goodra: 196
Uninvested Milotic: 198
Uninvested Kommo-o: 206
Uninvested Rotom Formes: 208
Uninvested Mr.Mime: 216
Fast Grimmsnarl, Weezing-G, Primarina, Sylveon, Abomasnow, Magnezone: 219
Uninvested Arcanine: 226
Fast Scizor, Sirfetch'd: 229
Fast Mantine, Bisharp, Hitmontop, Ludicolo: 239
Fast Malamar: 245
Fast Drednaw: 247
Fast Dracovish, Dracozolt, Toxtricity: 249
Max Speed Sirfetch'd: 251
Fast Blastoise: 255
Fast Venusaur, Passimian, Braviary, Chandelure: 259
Fast Gyarados, Milotic: 261
Max Speed Mantine, Bisharp, Hitmontop, Ludicolo: 262
Uninvested Whimsicott: 268
Fast Kingdra, Kommo-o, Rillaboom, Max Speed Malamar: 269
Max Speed Drednaw, Rotom Formes: 271
Max Speed Dracovish, Dracozolt, Toxtricity: 273
Fast Excadrill: 275
Fast Mr.Mime, Porygon-Z, Lilligant: 279
Fast Krookodile: 283
Max Speed Venusaur, Passimian, Braviary, Chandelure: 284
Max Speed Gyarados: 287
Uninvested Talonflame: 288
Fast Darmanitan Formes, Kyurem, Silvally Formes, Indeedee-M: 289
Fast Urshifu Formes, Haxorus, Morpeko: 293
Max Speed Kingdra, Kommo-o, Fast Hydreigon: 295
Max Speed Rotom Formes: 298
Fast Volcarona, Charizard, Ninetales: 299
Max Speed Excadrill: 302
Max Speed Porygon-Z, Lilligant: 306
standard Hawlucha: 308
Fast Mienshao: 309
Max Speed Krookodile: 311
Fast Keldeo, Terrakion: 315
Max Speed Darmanitan Formes, Kyurem, Silvally Formes, Indeedee-M, Fast Durant: 317
Fast Raichu formes: 319
Max Speed Urshifu Formes, Haxorus, Morpeko: 322
Max Speed Hydreigon: 324
Max Speed Mew, Volcarona, Charizard, Ninetales: 328
Fast Hawlucha: 335
Fast Cinderace: 337
Max Speed Mienshao, Fast Alakazam: 339
Max Speed Keldeo, Terrakion: 346
Max Speed Durant: 348
Fast Weavile: 349
Max Speed Raichu Formes: 350
Fast Talonflame: 351
Max Speed Hawlucha: 368
Max Speed Cinderace: 370
Max Speed Alakazam: 372
Scarf Fast Dracovish: 373
Fast Dragapult, Max Speed Weavile: 383
Fast Zeraora: 385
Scarf Fast Chandelure: 388
fast Accelgor: 389
Scarf Max Speed Dracovish: 409
Scarf Fast Porygon-Z: 418
Max Speed Dragapult: 421
Max Speed Zeraora: 423
Scarf Max Speed Chandelure: 426
Max Speed Accelgor: 427
Scarf Fast Darmanitan Formes: 433
Fast Morpeko at +1: 439
Scarf Fast Hydreigon: 442
Scarf Fast Charizard: 448
Scarf max speed Porygon-Z: 459
Scarf max speed Darmanitan Formes: 475
Swift Swim Fast Mantine, Ludicolo: 478
Max Speed Morpeko at +1: 483
Scarf Max Speed Hydreigon: 486
Scarf Max Speed Charizard
Swift swim Fast Drednaw: 494
Fast Dracovish under Tailwind: 498
Chlorophyll Fast Venusaur: 518
Swift Swim Max Speed Mantine, Ludicolo: 524
Swift Swim Fast Kingdra: 538
Swift Swim Max Speed Drednaw: 542
Max Speed Dracovish under Tailwind: 546
Chlorophyll Fast Lilligant: 558
Chlorophyll Max Speed Venusaur: 568
Sand Rush Fast Excadrill: 550
Fast Darmanitan Formes under Tailwind: 578
Swift Swim Max Speed Kingdra: 590
Sand Rush Max Speed Excadrill: 604
Chlorophyll Max Speed Lilligant: 612
Unburden Standard Hawlucha: 616
Max Speed Darmanitan Formes under Tailwind: 634
Surge Surfer Fast Raichu-A: 638
Unburden Fast Hawlucha: 670
Surge Surfer Max Speed Raichu-A: 700
Unburden Max Speed Hawlucha: 736

Vrji for helping me out with Tiers 4 and 5
turtalkatthing and Lkjc for moral support and TKT also helped bold mons a bit
D2TheW for telling me that Mew hits 328 speed which I knew already and for helping me with bolding mons

If there's anything you feel is wrong (mons that should be bolded that aren't (no Vrji, I'm not bolding Pincurchin) , mons that are bolded that shouldn't be, mons not being there/at the right speed tier and even things like spelling mistakes), feel free to shout at me and tell me how wrong I am.
Peace
Also Mubs incase he doesn’t see this for some reason
Also send likes this took far too long and its now 2am

Edit: Added Morpeko
morpekomoment.PNG

morpekomoment2.PNG

Gotta get them Clout Points ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
You missed an important benchmark
choice scarf raichu-alola in electric terrain and tailwind after recycling 6 salac berries while being healed and damaged: 8400
(possible with partner mew and rest on raichu-a)
I have been informed that we missed another one,
choice scarf baraskewda in rain and tailwind at +6: 9792

Last edited:
I've been asked to do this like 6 times already so
2v2 Doubles Player Rankings

This pretty much serves as a guide to OM Snake Managers on which players are good in this RPS Roulette.

The Top 5:

1) Kaif

Kaif is the best SS 2v2 Player in the pool and probably tied with Lancer Fr as the best 2v2 player ever. #1 on the HoF (that I need to make) with 2 individual wins, 3-0 record in 2v2PL's SS, along with just being the best builder. The only real cons I could see is their motivation and anything else that should be obvious if you know Kaif.

2) Lkjc

Coming in second is Lkjc. Lkjc is a really good 2v2 player who helped his team win 2v2PL I, going 3-0. They've also done pretty well in individuals, finishing runner up in SM tour and winning a bunch of minitours. Probably the most motivated person in this top 5, as well. Con of Lkjc is probably his attitude, at times.

3) D2TheW

D2 comes in at 3, and is probably the most likable person of these 5 if you're looking for that in a 2v2 Player. A beast at individuals, winning a significant portion of our minitours and dominating our monthly leaderboard about two times now. The only real con is his 2v2PL Record, 0-2, but that was partially due to who he faced in Kaif, who I've already talked about, and Memoric, who's a pretty good player in their own right even though they aren't top 5.

4) Poison Adhesive

PA is a really good player, carrying his team to finals of 2v2PL, along with being a very good builder. These days they've taken to playing oldgens in major tournaments, but much of their skill there translates quite well to current-gen.

5) Pigeons

Pigeons hardly plays 2v2 nowadays but they still make my top 5. Did extremely well when SM was current-gen, having a great record in 1v1PL III (6-2 iirc), coming 2nd to Kaif in 2v2 Quad, and did pretty well playing sm in 2v2PL. The reasons I have them ranked as the 5 is that they're probably playing inheritance, SS is now current-gen, and they hardly play 2v2 these days.

Mubs - I lead the tier and have great metagame knowledge. The reason I don't rank myself Top 5 is that as the leader I host about 80% of the tours, making me somewhat unproven.

zioziotrip - Really nice SS player, did quite well in 2v2PL and alright in No Johns. They simply don't have enough tour feats for me to rank them Top 5.

stableprince569 and Le Creme Brule: SM Players who don't play that much SS. Pretty good pickups if you draft a builder.

Monsareeasy - Good individual player who hasn't really done that much in team tours.

TF Goons - Automatic top 5 snubs:
Mishimono
Z Strats
GreenGogoatttt
SolarflareRo Pair this mains with Kaif if you want to win. Really nice player who doesn't play a lot these days
OM
Vrji
Krytocon
turtalkatthing
pqs
stitch.kr
GeneralGunderson
Arai
Maki's Fox
ayedan
SiceXV
Astrologistic style
7shoes
PartMan
Foxxeyy

Sorry if I don't have you on this list. I either have hardly ever seen you play or didn't see your signup.

As always, thanks for reading and have a nice day.

The Most Masterful Team Dump To Ever Exist

This is AV Cosmoem, here to report on their journey of 2v2. It has been agreed on unanimously that I am the best player of every gen. There is absolutely no competition or other viewpoints; I'm simply the best player, and in team tours my price is so high that a tour host died while trying to type it, because it was so high. So how did I do this? Because I had figured out the perfect team. But on the way, we can look at all the other teams I used to achieve victory and my ongoing 18924903-0 streak.

:bro: :dude:
:chandelure::emolga::mew::zacian-crowned:

This team should appear obvious to any competent 2v2 player. However, I suspect you are not one, because if you were, you wouldn't take my teams. Therefore I will explain to you how this works.

Chandelure is the first Pokemon I added. With a Choice Specs and 145 Special Attack, it is easily the strongest Pokemon. Pair this with its immunity to Intimidate and it is the best Pokemon in the game without a doubt. Ember was chosen because it is the STAB move with the highest PP. That means that when Ditto copies it, it will not be able to hit Chandelure because of Flash Fire, and it will have to use Struggle after 5 turns. That's right, Chandelure is self-improof. That's how good it is.

Emolga isn't nearly as powerful as Chandelure, but it pulls its weight. Volt Switch is the STAB of choice, because OU Electric-types use it. U-turn hits Mew super effectively. Baton Pass lets me PP stall the opponent best. Finally, Defog removes terrain, so Emolga beats Psyspam easily

Mew is op, because of psyspam. Steel Roller is 130 base power so it has to be broken. Terrain Pulse hits Terrain teams for super effective damage in their terrains in inverse 2v2. Psychic Terrain is Mew's STAB of choice, and it overrides Terrain from other teams. Nature Power calls Tri Attack, which has a 6.666666666666667% chance to freeze. Mew is holding a Star Sweet because if Mew wants a yummy cookie it can eat the Star Sweet. Plus if you turn your computer upside down and spin it your Mew will evolve into an Alcremie.

Zacian-Crowned may seem banned, but I named it communism, which means that every Pokemon is now OU, including Zacian-Crowned. Should be unbanned tho, cause like Emolga beats it really easily. Double Iron Bash is the STAB, because it's very cool. Sadly I can't name my Zacian Melmetal to trick opponents, but this will do. Nuzzle hits Gyarados 4x super effectively. Taunt hits Alakazam super effectively, cause Alakazam under psyspam is pretty dangerous. Finally, Earthquake OHKOs your own Chandelure, so Zacian-Crowned can weep over its corpse and make the opponent feel bad and give you the win.

snowman stall
:indeedee::alakazam::grimmsnarl::chandelure:

You might go "wtf this isn't stall!!!!!" but it's actually the best stall in the game, because if there's nothing left to stall then the stall team has done its job. I know you might be thinking "thats poggers bro" and, truly, aren't we all?

Snowman Stall is called Snowman Stall because there's a snowman on it. Namely, shiny Grimmsnarl.View attachment 263677 Look at this thing. I could have also called it "Aunt Hilda Stall" and it would have worked but Snowman Stall was better. Chandelure is necessary, and the special tank. AV Calm Mind lures foolish Knock Off users, who will unlock Chandelure's Calm Mind! And if it dies, it will Calm Mind from the heavens. I consider this team to be worse than :bro: :dude:, but eventually I discovered the team to end all teams...

baby shark hunted down killed by mafia 1020p hd free
:luxray::butterfree::conkeldurr::boltund:

At least I'm not naming my team after Nazis, like Lance did. Anyway, baby shark hunted down killed by mafia 1020p hd free is the best team ever created. You can't argue against it, simple as that.

Luxray has a devilish strategy: first paralyze them with Thunder Shock, then flinch them with Thunder Fang! Rest lets it heal so it can flinch the opponent with Snore! Broken strat, none can counter. It has Black Glasses because Luxray is cool as shit, and I gave it max SpA and max Spe and then moved every EV up one stat. Butterfree is a powerful physical attacker by virtue of being Butterfree. U-turn and Dual Wingbeat are both great moves, and Tinted Lens is broken, so Butterfree has to be a good physical attacker. Thief hits Ghosts and Giga Impact absolutely destroys non-Ghosts. God tier synergy. Butterfree is Naughty nature because he's a naughty little bastard, and he has Deep Sea Scale because butterflies have scales, and also it gives him double SpD. Specs Conkeldurr was because everyone expects physical, thus making special viable. It's broken, Sheer Force Focus Blast tears down walls. It OHKOs Melmetal (which is a broken Pokemon) so Conkeldurr is broken. Simple as that. Grass Knot hits Fighting resists, Snore is when Conkeldurr is asleep and Hyper Beam is when you're like "ok you know what venusaur can go fuck itself". Finally, Boltund. Boltund has everything it needs to be a strong special attacker: Competitive, special EVs, and the highest base power move in its moveset. You don't really need anything else. Wacan Berry is because Boltund is an electric type, and Wacan Berry is for Electric-types, so there's clear synergy right there. All in all, baby shark hunted down killed by mafia 1020p hd free is the greatest team ever. The end.

If you use these teams, you have to beware of their immense power. You might be overwhelmed and turn insane.
AV Cosmoem for council

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
So, I have an ok team and people said I should submit it for samples. Here it is :)

Can I call it Gal Pals if half the team is genderless? Yep. That's the name.

Primarina (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Mew @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Ally Switch
- Imprison
- Transform

Cinderace (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pyro Ball
- Gunk Shot
- High Jump Kick

Dhelmise (F) @ Iron Ball
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Poltergeist
- Power Whip
- Protect

This team is basically 3 hyper offensive mons to try and break teams up so Jailmew can shut down opponents.

Mons and what they do:

Primarina is basically just a hard-hitting damage sponge, most often coming with Mew or Cinderace. Hyper Voice and Moonblast hit surprisingly hard with specs, even without investment. Energy Ball and Psychic are just general coverage, and can nag some unexpected KOs.

Mew is brought most games, usually with Primarina or Cinderace, but is the only mon that ever reasonably comes with Dhelmise. It basically just soaks up damage until it can Imprison/Transform and lock opponents out. Ally Switch is there bc it's a̶n̶n̶o̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ disruptive and unexpected. Mew has Trick Room for Dhelmise (and possibly Primarina if you want ig). Kasib Berry is on Mew bc random Shadow Balls really hurt this Mew because it's not very specially defensive, and it doesn't really need too much else in terms of items

Cinderace is here as a way to get super fast KOs, especially with band. Cinderace comes with Primarina for a hyper offensive approach or with Mew for Jailmew shenanigans. If you want to turn your brain off and OHKO things, this is the way to go.

Dhelmise is here for a hard-hitting Trick Room mode, and ONLY comes with Mew. Usually, Mew clicks Trick Room while Dhelmise protects, and then Dhelmise is free to get a KO and set up for a Jail Mew endgame. Dhelmise is the least productive member of the team, but it does what it needs to do.

And that's the report. There's also a gen 7 version of the team that has Mega Blaziken and no Jailmew stuff here:

Primarina (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Mew @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Ally Switch
- Helping Hand
- Transform

Dhelmise @ Iron Ball
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Power Whip
- Protect

Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz

Since no one's posted some VR noms, I talked with the 2v2 Room about the VR in general and here's a few things I'd like to put on the thread:

:ss/aegislash:
Aegislash: 4 -> 3

Aegislash is probably the tiers only real Steel-type as Excadrill doesn't really use its defensive ability and Bronzong is only used on Trick Room Builds. That being said, Aegislash is a great Pokemon to use, with good STABs, Wide Guard for spreads and a nice resistance to Psyspam. Does have a weakness to Fire-types, most notably Sun and Incineroar, but I think its upsides warrant a rise.

:ss/primarina:
Primarina 4 -> 3

Vrji has convinced me. Primarina is a great Water-type with enough special bulk that it can maybe tank a Super-Effective attack in a pinch. Worth the rise.

:ss/sawk:
Sawk: 3 -> 4/5

This mon is utterly outclassed by Mienshao who has better speed and Fake Out. Sturdy doesn't have much use in the metagame also.

:ss/scrafty:
Scrafty: 3 -> 4

Really nice utility with Fake Out, Taunt, and the like, but that 4x Fairy weakness really hurts it makes it not worth using over Incineroar.

:ss/Keldeo::ss/Rotom-wash:
Tier 4 -> 5

These mons really got hit hard with the DLC drop. Keldeo was a nice fast Water-type for the Incin's and the Protect Charizards of the Pre-DLC meta but its found itself with little viability nowadays. Rotom-Wash has just completely fallen off the radar when it comes to Water-types.

:ss/torracat:
Torracat: 5 -> UR

Sorry Arai but I was paid off by Lkjc Torracat has no notable niche over Incineroar now that Psyspam makes its Psychic Immunity more important than ever. Its time for this to go.​

Lower Tier Sweep:

:ss/drednaw::ss/Corviknight::ss/Haxorus::ss/conkeldurr::ss/silvally:

No one has used these mons since Pre-Home. Its time to Unrank them.

As always, thanks for reading and have a nice day. Mubs out.

IBM

Banned deucer.
Have you ever wanted to counter psyspam but you don’t want to use stupid 2 mon cores like rain or sand or double dark because you only have room for one mon on your team? Well let me introduce you to
Mother
Fucking
DRAPION
0E4C38A4-0997-42F3-9934-50A280CDEC82.jpeg

Drapion is such a chad he doesn’t need to predict or have a partner to completely wall and destroy psyspam. Here are some nice sets that you can borrow since I’m so nice
Drapion @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Struggle Bug
- Rest
- Knock Off
This set you kinda just sit around and soak up hits and the opponent can’t crit you because of battle armor. If you use a partner with redirection or supplemental healing like heal pulse this set can be hard to stop. This set is my personal favorite because it beats all of the tier 1 mons and a large majority of the tier 2 and 2.5 mons. My Recommended partners: :togekiss: is a flying type which discourages the opponent from clicking Earthquake and it also has access to follow me for easier drapion setup. :Chansey: is a good mon to use Heal Pulse to keep drapion from having to use rest, as well as having the healer ability to wake drapion up from sleep if it needs to rest. It also has ally switch for redirection. :Rillaboom: is a more offensive partner which provides fake out support for... you guessed it... drapion setup! Grassy terrain also weakens the power of earthquake so drapion isn’t affected as much by its only weakness.

Drapion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Struggle Bug
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Bulldoze
This set is good if you just want to sit in the face of special attackers and completely wall them then eventually outspeed with Bulldoze or weaken them even more with struggle bug and dual stab because you don’t have any attack investment.

252+ SpA Solar Power Charizard Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion in Sun: 145-172 (42.1 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 101-120 (29.3 - 34.8%) -- 9.5% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion in Rain: 109-130 (31.6 - 37.7%) -- 90.9% chance to 3HKO

That’s all I need to say about that. Partners would be :Gyarados: for intimidate + a flying type that scares away ground types really well. :Corviknight: works if you just want a physical wall to go with your special wall and also flying type is nice. :Clefairy: for friend guard and heal pulse because fuck people that want to have fun in this game.

Drapion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brutal Swing
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Life orb brutal swing OHKOs alakazam so you can just run full speed full attack like a madman because I really don’t feel like looking up the next best speed tier for drapion to be at (Sorry Krytocon but also add drapion to speed tiers please) Protect because it’s a doubles meta and poison jab and earthquake are mostly filler you can really run whatever you want. This is probably my least favorite drapion set because of its lackluster attack stat but it still gets the job done and solos psyspam. Partners are :whimsicott: for tailwind which is always nice and whims beats ground types pretty reliably. :Bronzong: can be used with a slow drapion variant to use trick room shenanigans and levitate + eq is fun.

The good thing about drapion is that literally no one builds for it so it ends up having a good matchup against a ton of teams. Started it as a meme but it’s actually pretty decent. TLDR :drapion: -> tier 4/5

Mubs: Separate
187 Fan: Separate
D2TheW: Separate
Poison Adhesive: Seperate

In light of DOU's decision to Suspect Test Urshifu Single Strike, the 2v2 Council has unanimously agreed to disconnect from the Doubles OU Banlist. Here is our banlist going forward:
Code:
Clauses: Standard Doubles, Accuracy Moves Clause, Swagger Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, Team Preview
Bans: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma-Dusk Mane, Necrozma-Dawn Wings, Magearna, Marshadow, Melmetal, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, Beat Up, Focus Sash
Tagging Kris or The Immortal for implementation.

Note that nothing currently changes from our banlist before and after this announcement, so OM Snake Draft is uneffected.

While we're looking at the banlist, I'd also like to start a discussion on Beat Up. In my eyes, the move's pretty much lackluster in 2v2, only using itself and its teammates, making the Infamous Beat Up + Justified combo not as effective as it is in DOU. I'd like all of you to share your thoughts.

As always, thanks for reading and have a nice day. Mubs out.

Concerning the disconnect in general: It would have been necessary soon anyway so it's good you did it now.

Concerning Beat Up: It was used a bit in 2v2 before DOU banned it and it wasn't very good, arguably getting worse with DLC. You can see it coming a kilometer away, redirection completely destroys it, and all the justified mons are just not very good in the current meta: Arcanine wants intimidate and doesn't hit very hard, and the other ones collectively lose to all of Rain, Sun, and Psyspam. I think we can just quickunban it.

Concerning Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: Just like the justified mons it's very weak to all of Rain, Sun and Psyspam. It has good stats and a good ability but isn't that amazing in the current meta. It in itself already makes the disconnect more than justified. does that mean you can beat up the disconnect

Concerning Magearna: Magearna is banned from DOU, but I think after the disconnect it might be worth a retest. Soul-Heart, the thing that makes it broken in DOU, isn't very good in 2v2 (you can pair it with final gambit but final gambit isn't that great to begin with and means you can't support Maggie in other ways); while its Setup sets, which make it broken in 1v1, are also worse in 2v2 because they take time and multiple moveslots (that aren't protect) to set up.
This is not a fully-fledged statement saying we should definitely unban it (it would be very, very good), but it might be worth looking at (after snake obviously).

So it turns out that Beat Up isn’t banned from 2v2 Doubles, even though it seems to have been banned from DOU. My mistake, thanks to Lkjc for pointing that out.

Vrji, On Magearna, I don't think now, during OM Snake, is a good time to do that. Maybe after it. Again, apologies for the misunderstanding with regards to beat up.

As always, thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)