DLC2 Crown Tundra Speculation Thread [SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, just went on Showdown and I have a few updates-

• It turns out Bulu does get Close Combat now. I mean, it still would have liked to also have Glide and Play Rough, and this one move still isn't enough to escape Rilla's shadow, but at least our boy did get one of the things he was promised.
  • The Regis' abilities are actually pretty good, performing the same general function as Adaptability (albeit by temporarily increasing the attacking stat itself to x1.5 instead of just buffing move BP). So they're not completely useless; still, from what I've seen in the few games I've watched indicates Eleki still flounders against Ground types (After Intimidate, Explosion didn't even do half to Lando-T).
  • Finally, about the much hyped Eerie Spell, with PP depletion that seemed prime to make Glowking a solid stallbreaker with at least a niche in OU- 1). The move has 80 BP. Okay, makes sense with a secondary effect this good. The thing is- it turns out this move, ironically, only gets a max of 8 PP.
Eerie Spell is a 80 BP move with only 8 PP. It gets 8 chances max to drain PP. And I doubt that secondary effect works on mons that switch-in, so it probably gets less than 8 chances in practice.
1603463339125.png

Welp, so much for having a new anti-stall mon. Look forward to seeing Glowking in UU.

Trying to think of a set for Regieleki that could take advantage of Acrobat (so it could have SOME coverage) and I'm coming up blank. I wish there was a one use item that guaranteed the next move you'd hit would land so it could use zap cannon.
Giga Impact/Hyper Beam with Power Herb could work, especially since Regieleki will fit on to teams looking to stop a set up sweeper than Quagsire can’t handle.
Also Focus Sash could work too. It’s only slightly bulkier than regular Deoxys, so any decently hard hitting attack will KO it.

Can Naganadel be quickbanned please? I think he is the most problematic of the dropped mons and the only defensive switchins are BIissey/Chanesy and to a lesser extent Heatran which can be easily chipped.

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
what the other guy was thinking
Okay so ngl, I just assumed Toxapex wall this thing because Pex, i mean, i thought of hitting fairys and steels, but my main reason to TF was: "Toxapex is a thing so lets put TF" lmaaooooooooo xdddddd

But yeah, like i said, i didnt calc because idk the dmg output, showdown takes some time to update since its big and i dont have the time nor the resources to look that up

Giga Impact/Hyper Beam with Power Herb could work, especially since Regieleki will fit on to teams looking to stop a set up sweeper than Quagsire can’t handle.
Correct If I'm wrong, but doesn't Power Herb works for moves that takes two turns (Like Sky Attack and Solar Beam/Blade)? Hyper Beam's problem is that the user cannot move the next turn

I think trying to build around the coverage options of the new Regis is not a good idea in competitive singles

Their STAB are so powerful that you need to get into quadruple resists/SE before coverage is worth it.

For example, a neutral nature and fully uninvested Regidrago's Draco Meteor (let alone full health Dragon Roar) does about the same (or more) to Abomasnow (which is neutral to Dragon) as does Fire Fang, a 4x SE move.

If you slap on 252 Attack and Special Attack EVs and a Choice Specs, Fire Fang and Dragon Roar do the same damage to SpDef Mega Scizor, i.e. 2HKO'ing it.

You know, theory crafting sets for Regieleki is ironically tedious. It has such a customizable speed stat, but its movepool is incredibly linear. But I do have some, with the general idea being that Regieleki is a hitman.

Anti-Kingdra (Regieleki) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Explosion/Extreme Speed
- Rapid Spin/Extreme Speed

It says in the name, and this set is pretty much specifically to revenge kill Kingdra (as well as anything slower it can hit).
With 216 Speed and Positive nature, Regieleki can outrun Modest Kingdra in Rain.
Due to its speed alone, it can do so without a choice scarf or boost prior. This lets Regieleki hold a Choice Specs, making its Thunder/bolt incredibly strong (having an effective 371.25/303.75 BP respectfully. Not as high as CB Fishious Rend from Dracovish, but still pretty damn strong, and past 300 BP is just diminishing returns).
It’s other moves are for other scenarios.
Volt Switch is used when you need to get out of there, and its extremely powerful too.
Rapid Spin can clear away hazards up against non-ghost types just before you kick the bucket.
Explosion is pretty much only used since Regieleki has so little coverage, so you might as well take out a an unassuming Blissey or Non-Ghost type Dragons with correct prediction.
Extreme Speed is for those already fast Pokemon that boost up (like Pheromosa, Blaziken, and anything that doesn’t resist it) and for opposing Regielekis.

Choice Band (Regieleki) @ Choice Band
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 Atk / 204 SpA / 52 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Explosion

Here is a Choice Band variant of Regieleki.
It’s pretty much like a physical version of its Spec set, so those Explosions and Extreme Speeds are far more powerful. Here, the speed reaches +1 Modest Volcarona.

And it shows what Regieleki is about competitively.
When analysis for the new Pokemon come up, Regieleki should simply have stat spreads and different Item/Move sets, since you can plop any speed stat you want on Regieleki and role with it. It would be much easier that way to be honest.

Correct If I'm wrong, but doesn't Power Herb works for moves that takes two turns (Like Sky Attack and Solar Beam/Blade)? Hyper Beam's problem is that the user cannot move the next turn
Wait you’re right.
In that case, use Bounce.

Completely disregard this over thinking of things.

Last edited:
And Acrobatics hits Grass types weaker than STAB does, given the abilities and the BP of the moves.
Not on Physical sets.
Acrobatics has 220 BP after no item and being super effective.
Wild Charge has 151.875 BP after CB, STAB, Transistor, and being resisted.
While Acrobatics requires you to forgo a 303.75 BP Wild Charge/Thunderbolt, you still do more damage to Grass types and obviously do more to Ground types+Electric Immune abilities.

Eleki honestly reminds me a bit of Dracovish; it only ever uses its STABs, but said STABs hit like a goddamn truck. The difference is we have plenty of good Electric immunities, and Eleki is a fucking speed demon as opposed to the slow Vish.

If it weren't for Lando-T, Zygarde, Hippowdon and Excadrill existing, I'd say Eleki would be way to broken for OU. As it stands it's good, but not overbearing.

While Acrobatics requires you to forgo a 303.75 BP Wild Charge/Thunderbolt, you still do more damage to Grass types and obviously do more to Ground types+Electric Immune abilities.
It only benefits it vs Grass-types, since neutral Banded Extreme Speed does more to Ground and Dragon types than neutral Acrobatics, and you can pivot out of grasses with Volt Switch.

At least go Flying gem acro if you really want to use it over no item.

But why bother when Electric goes brrrr

At least go Flying gem acro if you really want to use it over no item.
Flying Gem no longer exists, and you still can hit Alolan-Marowak, Dragapult, and all the Grass type not named Ferrothorn.
It’s a niche option, but still notable.

Honestly, maybe some mon could try tricking a ring target onto the opponent's ground-type, allowing Eleki to spam its Electric moves freely? Dunno if that's a total gimmick but it's not that different from Clef tricking Sticky Barb onto shit to wear it down.

Flying Gem no longer exists, and you still can hit Alolan-Marowak, Dragapult, and all the Grass type not named Ferrothorn.
It’s a niche option, but still notable.
All of those pokemon except Marowak would take more damage from the resisted electric attack with a Magnet (to say nothing of stronger items) .

Wild Charge (90 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.2 / 2) ~ 121
Acrobatics (55 x 2) = 110

I think mixed Life Orb will be the way to go with something like Volt Switch, Extreme Speed, Thunderbolt/Rising Voltage and Explosion.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All of those pokemon except Marowak would take more damage from the resisted electric attack with a Magnet (to say nothing of stronger items) .

Wild Charge (90 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.2 / 2) ~ 121
Acrobatics (55 x 2) = 110

I think mixed Life Orb will be the way to go with something like Volt Switch, Extreme Speed, Thunderbolt/Rising Voltage and Explosion.
Go magnet. Ur almost never clicking non electric moves so preserving that hp is vital

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor

https://pokepast.es/890ebbc0665f6afc

hittin' an absolute lic w/ regieleki right now, shot up to #3 in mere minutes. this shit is so brainless. rising voltage in terrain actually 2hko's blissey !! ridiculous. ohko's 90% of the non-ground type meta. like av mag take 80% smfh. you could use modest nature for even more power but timid is just way too good to pass up. it's faster than scarfkart with timid, 200 fuckin base speed LOL you aint revenge killin timid nature regieleki without at least 2 priority users

use something like blaziken to force in lando-t to take damage. mixed does wonders here. specs tapu koko is there to put your opponent in awkward positions with their ground-types because you either trap them in the gene-koko voltturn core (make volt switch u-turn btw, im nice w/ it so i always double lol) or they take dazzling gleam riskin' eleki/blaziken goin crazy. standard lando-i for rocks. -atk nature but rock slide still gets the job done for moltres which ppl love usin rn. lastly i'm trying that ghost horse and i gotta say its pretty fuckin fire. dark-types shit on it unless you use a wisp hex set but i wanted to use the np sub taunt just because fuck blissey

but man i really gotta say eleki is lookin promisin lowkey, a super matchup based pick for sure but with the right team support it goes crazy. ITS NEAR UNBEATABLE if they don't have a ground type

also in the current meta, genesect is def broken don't see it staying long. honestly i don't think blaziken and pheromosa aren't as bad as people are saying they are but beats me. also those calyrex ghost rider and ice rider designs are sooo nice 10/10
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1208026724-zkou418utdmapa1wtxpgo8itcpicchkpw
From this we learn a few things:
1. Despite it's horrible movepool, Spectrier is still pretty good
2. I'm a horrible SS OU player (don't judge)
3. Blaziken is OP, and koko+Regieleki tears apart any team that doesn't have a ground-type (why why WHY did they give it Rising Voltage?)
4. People are too lazy/confused by the metagame to build their own teams so they steal other people's on the forums (sorry!).

This is a totally random ladder match. This also shows how people are too lazy to build their own teams :D

Honestly, maybe some mon could try tricking a ring target onto the opponent's ground-type, allowing Eleki to spam its Electric moves freely? Dunno if that's a total gimmick but it's not that different from Clef tricking Sticky Barb onto shit to wear it down.
It would just be easier to remove all your opponent’s Ground types and other resists.
Like packing your team with an all star cast of Anti-Ground types feat. Anti-Ferrothorn, just so Regieleki can spam electric moves.

God damn it, Regidraco makes me so sad. If that thing had ONE MORE GOOD SPECIAL MOVE (Why is it's best non-Dragon special move Round?) you could run a pretty okay RestTalk set with Dragon Energy / some other coverage.

Some of these movepools feel straight up unfinished. That or they saw people getting excited about the leaks and decided to just sweep the rug from under people's feet and leave them to dry. The Tapus are whatever, but the new Regis having awful movesets is painful.

At least Regidraco's physical coverage isn't AWFUL but why the hell is it's signature move special. So close...

God damn it, Regidraco makes me so sad. If that thing had ONE MORE GOOD SPECIAL MOVE (Why is it's best non-Dragon special move Round?) you could run a pretty okay RestTalk set with Dragon Energy / some other coverage.

Some of these movepools feel straight up unfinished. That or they saw people getting excited about the leaks and decided to just sweep the rug from under people's feet and leave them to dry. The Tapus are whatever, but the new Regis having awful movesets is painful.

At least Regidraco's physical coverage isn't AWFUL but why the hell is it's signature move special. So close...
Some of these movepools are meant to simply be awful, for balance reasons.
Which is weird since the base game and IoA gave all the Pokemon ridiculous movepools to compensate for the loss of moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)