Post your searing hot takes

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
i heard there's another thread where you could post an opinion of that nature

anyways mine is that part of the fun of pokemon is complaining about hax. I know that 2 scalds have a statistically >50% chance of burning, but I have more fun playin recklessly, being happy when I don't get burned, and complaining when I get burned than I do playing slow and not switching my kart into slowbro scalds when I don't need to (when I'm bored and only laddering for 15 minutes before I do something else, at least. If I want to win that take kind of goes down the drain)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Linear tier lists don’t serve a useful purpose in any context. They convey next to no information to the reader, classify themselves drastically differently from one reader/writer to the next, and are strictly outclassed by spectra, grids, spectral grids, and descriptive labels.

Linear tier lists don’t serve a useful purpose in any context. They convey next to no information to the reader, classify themselves drastically differently from one reader/writer to the next, and are strictly outclassed by spectra, grids, spectral grids, and descriptive labels.
*shudders in r/HollowKnight*

That sub has so many contextless boss and charm tier lists, and I hate am really annoyed by all of them. It's never clear if the boss list is based on difficulty, fun, or a mixture of both, and many bosses have multiple versions which aren't accounted for on tiermaker (that damn site is the worst thing that has happened to the internet). And the charm lists are often super uneducated and never take into account just how deep the charm system is. I'd make one if I could, but there's just so much to consider if the list has any hope of being good.

Last edited:

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
*shudders in r/HollowKnight*

That sub has so many contextless boss and charm tier lists, and I hate all of them. It's never clear if the boss list is based on difficulty, fun, or a mixture of both, and many bosses have multiple versions which aren't accounted for on tiermaker (that damn site is the worst thing that has happened to the internet). And the charm lists are often super uneducated and never take into account just how deep the charm system is. I'd make one if I could, but there's just so much to consider if the list has any hope of being good.
Why do so many of your posts ITT use strong language like "hate"

You need to have more "normal opinions" and less "strong opinions"

Tier lists being kinda useless is really not that deep lol, nor is anything else you've posted ITT

Martin

Like I get this is the hot takes therad but hot takes aren't necessarily particularly strong

Martin

i don't mean this as a call out or anything i just am sorta sensitive to language choice ig. im probably reading into it further than i should.

Looking back, the only other things I "hated" were Nat Dex and the word "gamer".

I'll admit I overreached with the tier lists, but I stand by the other two.

The meaning of Sonia Nevermind’s last name is that’s what she says to all the boys who ask her out. Also, foxgirls are better than catgirls don’t @ me

Last edited:

Martin

"Nostalgia" is a worthless cancer emotion and we'd be an objectively superior species if we were incapable of feeling it. All it does is breed ignorance, hate and arrogance
I’m just gonna link you to 20 years of research into the importance of nostalgia, particularly wrt its impact on mental health and dealing with things like transition (e.g. puberty, death of loved ones, etc.), and a supporting NYT summary article. I’m also gonna direct you to watch one of the many, many documentaries about the effect of music on patients with diseases like dementia and Parkinson’s.

Don’t generalise something as broad in scope as nostalgia as if all of it is conservative nostalgia.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)