Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:ariados:
Mega Ariados

Typing: Bug/Dark

New Ability: Cobwebs (Arena Rock clone. Upon Mega Evolving/entering, a Sticky Web is set on the opposing side of the field, that cannot be removed in any way or be Court Changed, until this ability is no longer in play.)

New Move: Skitter Smack, Knock Off, First Impression, Parting Shot

Hp: 70 - - >70 (unchanged)
Atk: 90 - - >140 (+25, +25 from Spe)
Def: 70 - - >85 (+15)
SpA: 60 - - >35 (-25)
SpD: 70 - - >85 (+15
Spe: 40 - - >85 (+45)
BST: 400 - - >500 (+100)

Mega Ariados has a unique type combination that gives it better neutral coverage. And if it needs to hit those pesky fairies that resist both of its STABs, it has all of its old poison moves, or Smart Strike. It acts less like an actual webs setter, and more like it just has higher speed. Skitter Smack is just what it would get from the Isle of Armor tutor, and Parting Shot lets it switch out while also annoying the opponent with stat lowering.

:Mimikyu:
Mega Mimikyu

New Typing: Ghost/Fairy

New Ability: Trick for Treat (If Mimikyu makes contact with the opposing Pokémon, it heals ⅛ of its max HP.)

New Moves: Trick-or-Treat, Poltergeist, Switcheroo, Knock Off, Parting Shot

Hp: 55 - - >55 (unchanged)
Atk: 90 - - >125 (+35)
Def: 80 - - >101 (+21)
SpA: 50 - - >50 (unchanged)
SpD: 105 - - >115 (+10)
Spe: 96 - - >130 (+34)
BST: 476 - - >476 (+100)

Mimikyu runs around on Halloween stealing candy from other trick-or-treaters. I had a picture in my head of Mimikyu going trick-or-treating, and I somehow ended up with this. Trick-or-Treat is definitely necessary for flavor, and so is Switcheroo. Knock Off also feels like it fits the theme, and is a more relevant move. Although it won’t prefer Knock Off over a ghost move. I know I just really like Parting Shot but the mental image of Mimikyu insulting someone then running off with their candy is just too good. Also, is a ⅛ heal too much? I’m very inexperienced at Pokémon so I wouldn’t know.

Gourgeist might be coming soon, depending on if I have enough energy tomorrow.
:gourgeist:
Mega Gourgeist-Small

Typing: Ghost/Grass

New Ability: Prankster

New Moves: Parting Shot, Taunt

Atk: 85 - - >115 (+30)
Def: 122 - - >122 (unchanged)
SpA: 58 - - >68 (+10)
SpD: 75 - - >103 (+28)
Spe: 99 - - >131 (+32)
BST: 494 - - >594 (+100)

The smallest Gourgeist sneaks around and plays pranks on its siblings, friends, or enemies. It’s here for the trick part of Halloween. Let’s rename this mod to Parting Shot For All.

Mega Gourgeist

New Typing: Grass/Fire

New Ability: Ignite

New Move: Mystical Fire

Hp: 65 - - >65 (unchanged)
Atk: 85 - - >125 (+40)
SpA: 58 - - >72 (+14)
SpD: 75 - - >95 (+20)
Spe: 84 - - >110 (+26)

Obligatory jack-o-lantern Gourgeist sub. Mystical Fire is flavor, and it already gets Return.

Mega Gourgeist-Large

New Typing: Grass/Fairy

New Ability: Treats for All (At the end of every turn, this Pokémon’s allies are healed by 1/8 their max HP, and this Pokémon is healed by 1/16 of its max hp.

New Moves: Crafty Shield, Decorate, Heal Pulse

Hp: 75 - - >75 (unchanged)
Atk: 85 - - >68 (swapped with SpA, +10)
SpA: 58 - - >128 (swapped with Atk, +40)
SpD: 75 - - >105 (+30)
Spe: 69 - - >89 (+20)

The large Gourgeist shares its candy with its siblings, and helps them out in any way it can. It already gets Moonblast for a Fairy STAB.

Mega Gourgeist-Super

New Typing: Grass/Fighting

New Ability: Shell Armor

New Moves: Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Body Press, Amnesia

Hp: 85 - - >85 (unchanged)
SpA: 58 - - >73 (+15)
SpD: 75 - - >120 (+45)
Spe: 54 - - >54 (unchanged)

The biggest Gourgeist uses its size to protect its siblings. Shell Armor protects it from crits that would break through its raised defenses after Bulk Up and Amnesia, and Body Press lets it take advantage of its large Defense stat if it wants to. (Maybe remove Body Press?)

Wow that was a lot of work but it was fun.

Last edited:
Mega Mimikyu
New Ability:
Mask Off - It's pixelate/refrigerate, but when disguise is up, it has 1.2x power for ghost type moves, and when disguise is busted, it has 1.2x power for fairy type moves.
New Type: Ghost/Fairy
HP: 55 (+0)
Attack: 90 --> 130 (+40)
Defense: 80 --> 70 (-10)
Special Attack: 50 --> 70 (+20)
Special Defense: 105 -> 140 (+35)
Speed: 96 --> 111 (+15)
(BST) 476 --> 576 (+100)
New Moves: Nuzzle
Flavor: (I'm gonna explain my thought process instead of pokedex-like entry here) For this, I decided to lean into the mask aesthetic, but I decided to change it from mask to masque. Mega Mimikyu is modeled after the phantom of the opera, and it's 2 sprites would be the happy and sad drama masks. That's where its ability comes from. I think this is a dope take on the pokemon.
Set Description: Hoo boy, I really let loose on this one. I decided to create something not necessarily from a fun in game perspective, but more a fun design perspective. In terms of how it works, the general strategy is to ignore the ghost type bonus, and set up swords dance with regular disguse since this ability doesn't shield you from damage with the disguise. It basically provides a dope, accurate alternative to play rough with return/frustration, and you can also run facade. The beefed stats also help - I added some random spatk to try to balance, and I decreased defense with the same intention as well. I also gave it nuzzle because I think it's cute tbh. Emolga (which should be on a slate tbh, dope mon), Togedemaru, Dedenne, and Pikachu all have nuzzle now - and since Mimikyu is just trying to fit in I caved and gave it nuzzle. Could provide some cool defensive sets, since it has a pretty niche typing. This was a blast to make, and hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Hey, everyone! Another minor update post:

:mimikyu:
I think Mimikyu-Busted is an in-battle form, so it’d change back to the base form upon Mega Evolving Hematite. Unless I’m just clueless on how that works.
Hi! Don't worry - I did actually find a solution for this before I opened the slate, so I can confirm that it's an option. C:
It's sort of an awkward workaround, admittedly, but I will definitelybe able to make Mega Evolve into something different depending whether Disguise has activated or not!
(We talked this over on the Discord before submissions opened - everyone who has subbed a concept like that did confirm with me that it was an option!)
but yeah you're right that that's something I would have expected to be a problem
multiple forms gave me enough trouble with Lycanroc and Raichu, and those don't even change in battle - I'm just familiar enough with how they work by now to have learned some relatively silly loopholes XP

On that note, DrPumpkinz and I did also discuss his Gourgeist sub on the Discord and it's also totally allowed! Just thought I'd mention that because an Ability like Quad Body requires special attention for obvious reasons, haha. We did talk over what Abilities were okay to combine, and this has a stamp of approval!
That said, I had not seen the concept art... I LOVE it

Incidentally, since DrPumpkinz referenced it in his post, I thought it was worth noting: Mix and M4A is... more likely than you'd think!
It's definitely possible to set it up - it'd just take a bit more effort to maintain it constantly, because I think it has to be updated separately from the main mod, so we're waiting until we have less going on and can make the most of it rather than competing with other ongoing events.
It'll probably be more of a thing for special occasions rather than a constant feature of the mod (or at least it won't necessarily be updated as often as the rest of the mod, even if it remains playable), but it's definitely on the table for future tours and such in general!

:vikavolt::flareon::klinklang:
Also, a small update: we have some polls on new move additions! These are changes that the original creators of these Megas support and have also all been approved by the council, so now we're just checking the public opinion before we go through with them. C:

I immediately regretted putting CAPTCHAs on each of these individually - I'll do a Google Form or something next time so you guys don't have to waste so much time OTL
These polls will last until the same time that slate 16 voting closes, and we will require at least a 60% supermajority in the poll to go through with each of these changes.
(On that note, anyone who's interested in adding Isle of Armor moves to their subs from pre-Isle of Armor slates or Crown Tundra moves to their subs from pre-Crown Tundra slates is welcome to get in touch! Again, the requirements for minor changes and buffs like this are the creator's consent, council approval and a 60% supermajority in a poll.)

In case you missed it: Necrozma (only in its unfused form), Regieleki and Regidrago have been officially added to the Mega Spooky Cup's whitelist alongside the previously discussed changes. You can find the details of the tour and the list of legal Pokémon here. There's also a spreadsheet dedicated to the Mega Spooky Cup that might be useful when teambuilding for the tournament!
These changes are not yet live on Dragon Heaven, which is not currently updated with Crown Tundra's new additions, but they will be prior to the tournament.
(You can always let us know on the Discord if you think any important spooky Pokémon are still missing, or if you think any of these additions should be taken off of the list!)

Finally, I believe submissions for slate 16 close in about 25 hours, so this can be considered a one-day warning on the submission phase!

:ss/mimikyu:
Mega Mimikyu
Stone
: Raichu Doll (if possible, otherwise standard Mimikyunite)
New Ability: Charged - The holder charges with static electricity to receive 50% damage from damaging moves; when hit by a super-effective move, its body deflates and this effect is removed permanently.
New Type:

Mimikyu-Mega:
HP: 55​
Atk: 90 --> 130 (+40)​
Def: 80 --> 115 (+35)​
SpA: 50 --> 100 (+50)​
SpD: 105 -> 115 (+10)​
Spe: 96 --> 36 (-60)​
(BST) 476 --> 576​
Mimikyu-Mega-Discharged:
Def: 80 --> 75 (-5)​
SpD: 105 -> 75 (-30)​
Spe: 96 --> 141 (+45)​
(BST) 476 --> 576​
New Moves: Wild Charge, Thunder Punch, Nuzzle
Flavor: In its inflated form, it looks like when it uses Let's Snuggle Forever, but the puppet looks like Raichu rather than Pikachu now. In its deflated form, it looks just like the other form, but deflated, hence more serpentine. I'll draw it.
Set Description: I cannot really write competitive analyses, but I gave it more STABs for its new typing. The ability is kind of a clone of Fluffy while inflated, but also a reduced version of Wonder Guard. It's bulky but not that much looking at that HP stat, and obviously Disguise isn't active in Mega form, so it loses the opportunity to take a hit freely when it Megas.
Potential set:

Mimikyu @ Raichu Doll
Ability: Disguise -> Charged
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD or 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant / Jolly / Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Nuzzle / Thunder Punch
- Shadow Sneak / Claw
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up / Wood Hammer

Last edited:
:ss/ariados:
Mega Ariados
Typing:
Acid Downpour - Poison-type

New Ability: Web Trapper (This pokemon's "web" moves have a base power of 50, are physical and are super effective against bugs. They keep their effects.)
Web Moves: Sticky Web, Toxic Thread, String Shot, Spider Web
New Move: Knock Off, Spider Web, U-Turn
Hp: 70
Atk: 90 - - > 140 (+50)
Def: 70 - - >
SpA: 60 - - > 35 (-25)
SpD: 70 - - >
Spe: 40 - - > 115 (+75)
By the way, if base 50 power is to strong, make it 30.

Last edited:
Mega Ariados
Typing:

New Ability: Web Trapper (This pokemon's "web" moves have a base power of 50 and are super effective against bugs. They keep their effects.)
Moves need more than a base power. They also need category. Like, physical/special.

:sm/mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu

Ability:
Disguise -> Unfinished Deed (Disguise, but once the disguise is busted all status moves are set to +1 priority (not Prankster, Prankster gives them +1 priority, this means that a move like Protect goes down to +1 or a move like Trick Room goes up to +1, rather than being +5 and -6) and gain Healing Wish's effect (faints the user, but fully heals the Pokemon who switches in for it)
Typing: Ghost/Fairy

Stats:
HP: 55
Atk: 90 -> 105 (+15)
Def: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SpA: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpD: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Spe: 96 -> 131 (+35)

BST: 476 -> 576 (+100)

New Moves: U-Turn

Flavour: So Mimikyu has a little bit of usage in doubles as a Trick Room setter? I wanted to incorporate that. Unfinished Deed is the name of the ability because it's meant to represent getting one last 'Deed' done (using a status move) and then departing back to the 'Afterlife' (being fainted).

Competitive: Although it has nice utility as a Pokemon who can spread status and keep teamamtes intact, Mega Mimikyu truly shines as the ultimate Trick Room mega. It functions as the primary and secondary setter of Trick Room, for example Cresselia functions as the secondary setter since it uses Lunar Dance to restore one of the Trick Room abusers: you lead with Mimikyu, set Trick Room and if you're attacked that turn lose your disguise, then if you've been attacked you mega evolve - restoring your disguise - and U-Turn out, to later switch in on an attack that would ko one of your abusers, lose your disguise, and then set Trick Room again and let your abuser come back in, fully healing them up. So it sets Trick Room at the start and then functions as a secondary setter later in the match, freeing up space for more abusers.

Hey, everyone!! I believe it's now time for the submission phase to close and the voting phase to begin! Thanks to everyone for submitting!!

:ariados: Mega Ariados
Mega Ariados
Typing:
Bug/Poison ---> Bug/Dark
Ability: Swarm/Insomnia/Sniper ---> Spinster | Sets Sticky Webs on their own side of the field on switch-in
HP: 70 ---> 70
Atk: 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Def: 70 ---> 130 (+60)
SpA: 60 ---> 40 (-20)
SpD: 70 ---> 130 (+60)
Spe: 40 ---> 20 (-20)
Added Moves: Trick Room, U-turn

Description: Ariados becomes an amazing Trick Room support, making faster Pokemon like Bisharp and Dracozolt viable in Trick Room offense teams. However, it is weak to Stealth Rocks, meaning it has limited switch-ins, and it cannot pull off a slow-pivot under Trick Room, so whatever switches in after Ariados must be able to take a hit.
:Ariados: Mega Ariados
New Ability
: Spidey Sense: User's Bug-type moves get +1 priority as long as the user's HP is 50% or above.
Type: Bug/Poison

New stats:
HP: 70 -> 70
Attack: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 -> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Speed: 40 -> 40
BST: 400 -> 500

New moves: None
Description: A great revenge killer as long as you keep it healthy. Mega Ariados has wide options to use for its Bug STAB: Megahorn for pure power, Lunge for neutering physical attackers, and Leech Life for HP recovery. Also, priority Sticky Web is always useful. Keeping it healthy isn't that hard since it has Leech Life to regain its health back and it's actually quite bulky for a spider; it's slightly bulkier than Mega Camerupt. That said, I don't think it's overpowered since Bug isn't the best offensive type out there and using coverage moves makes Mega Ariados use its base 40 Speed.
:sm/ariados:
Ariados
Bug, Poison
Sticky residues (when eswitching in or megaing, sets an terrain effect by 5 turns that makes every hazard unclearable and uncourtchangeable. compatible with light clay)
70, 150, 90, 60, 90, 40
+60, +20, +20

Spikes
Ab effect name: Sticky field
Ab effect activation: "pokemon" set up sticky residues in the battlefield![/CENTER]
Mega Ariados
New Ability
: Infecting Touch (If the opponent has any stat drops or status ailments, and this pokemon uses a damaging move of any kind, a random stat drop will be inflicted on the opponent, other than stat drops which affect evasion or accuracy.)
Type: Bug / Poison

New stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 130 (+40)
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 35 (-25)
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 125 (+85)
(500 BST)

New moves: Gunk Shot, Knock Off
Description:
This Mega Ariados intends to take advantage of status ailments to cripple the opponent as much as possible before finishing them off with a killing blow. The fact that its ability inflicts a completely random stat drop is incredibly useful, as while you might get something useless (oh, say, -1 special attack against something like Cinderace or -1 attack against something like Blissey), you also might get something really useful, like -1 speed against Ash-Greninja or Dragapult. While it's very luck-based in most situations, it's also extremely useful as well.

Despite this, Mega Ariados still suffers from a bad offensive typing - Bug/Poison isn't exactly the best STAB combo, not to mention that it lacks coverage aside from Knock Off and (maybe) Stomping Tantrum, meaning that quite a bit will usually wall its STABs. In the case of Corviknight, it completely is walled. 70/70/70 defenses aren't great uninvested, and even at -1 attack/special attack most strong attacks will still 2HKO it, or if it's a super effective attack, OHKO it.
New Ability
: Caught in the web (If the target was affected by a web move since they switched in, this pokemon deals 50% more damage)

New stats: 70/140/90/40/70/90
HP: 70 (+0)
Attack: 90 --> 140 (+50)
Defense: 70 -->90 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 --> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 70 (+0)
Speed: 40 --> 90 (+50)
(BST) 400 --> 500 (+100)

New moves: Drill Run, Gunk Shot, Knock Off, U-Turn, First Impression
Sticky Web, String Shot, Toxic Thread, Spider Web
Description: This Ariados has a simple goal: Set up Sticky Web. Once that is done, it can outspeed most pokemons and deal high damage. It has access to new moves such as Drill Run to hit Poison, Fire, Steel or Rock types that could annoy you, U-turn to get out of dangerous situation and First Impression which can revenge-kill dangerous threats such as greninja. It also has access to spider web to not only trap defensive pokemons but also boost its damage output. Overall, I think that, because of the little setup it requires, Mega-Ariados would be a very effective offensive pokemon.
:bw/ariados:
Ariados-Mega
Bug/Poison
Ability: No Guard

HP: 70->70
Attack: 90->135
Defense: 70->70
Special Attack: 60->45 (-25)
Special Defense: 70->70
Speed: 40->120
New Moves: First Impression, Gunk Shot, U-turn, Cross Chop
just a simple wallbreaker. nice speed tier, strong and accurate STABs. Meh bulk and SR weak tho. Sucks at trading hits bc of No Guard and frailty
Mega Ariados

New Ability: Cobwebs (Arena Rock clone. Upon Mega Evolving/entering, a Sticky Web is set on the opposing side of the field, that cannot be removed in any way or be Court Changed, until this ability is no longer in play.)

Mega Ariados has a unique type combination that gives it better neutral coverage. And if it needs to hit those pesky fairies that resist both of its STABs, it has all of its old poison moves, or Smart Strike. It acts less like an actual webs setter, and more like it just has higher speed. Skitter Smack is just what it would get from the Isle of Armor tutor, and Parting Shot lets it switch out while also annoying the opponent with stat lowering.
Mega Ariados
Typing:

New Ability: Web Trapper (This pokemon's "web" moves have a base power of 50, are physical and are super effective against bugs. They keep their effects.)
(50 base power is fine!)

:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist
:Gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist
Type: Ghost/Grass (all sizes)

Small
New Ability
: Hollow Win: User's Ghost-type moves have a 20% chance to flinch the target.
New stats:
HP: 55 -> 55
Attack: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Defense: 122 -> 122
Special Attack: 58 -> 68 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 99 -> 139 (+40)
BST: 494 -> 594
Average
New Ability
: Hallow Win: User's Ghost-type moves are super-effective against Dark-type Pokemon.
New stats:
HP: 65 -> 65
Attack: 90 -> 140 (+50)
Defense: 122 -> 142 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 -> 75
Speed: 84 -> 104 (+20)
Large
New Ability
: Halo Ring: User's Ghost-type moves have a 20% chance to boost the user's Speed by 1 stage.
New stats:
HP: 75 -> 75
Attack: 95 -> 95
Special Attack: 58 -> 138 (+80)
Speed: 69 -> 89 (+20)
Super
New Ability
: Hell Win: User's Ghost-type have a 20% chance to burn the target
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 122 -> 162 (+40)
Special Attack: 58 -> 58
Special Defense: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Speed: 54 -> 54
Description: Different Mega forms make it unpredictable!
Small: Fast Attacker. It works as a revenge killer and it can get lucky with flinches here and there.
Average: Physical Wallbreaker. It has a perfect neutral coverage due to its ability hitting Dark-types hard. It also has a powerful Shadow Sneak to make up for its lower Speed.
Large: Special Attacker. It is the only form that can use Fire coverage moves consistently to OHKO Ferrothorn and the only form that has Fighting coverage for Normal-types.
Super: Wall. It can be annoying and hard to take down with its huge bulk, ability, and status moves such as Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp.
:sm/gourgeist:
Gourgeist-smol
Gourgeist
Gourgeist-lonk
Gourgeist-giant
Ghost, Grass
Life sap (all moves get 33% draining, stacks with giga drain and etc)
55, 125, 122, 58, 75, 159
65, 160, 132, 68, 85, 84
75, 105, 122, 58, 165, 69
85, 130, 192, 58, 75, 54
+40, +60+70, +10, +10, +10+10, +90+30, +70
Parting shot, Flare blitz, Thunder wave, Reflect
Mega Gourgeist
For each Size's specific stats and description, please view the hide box below! Here is a summary of each one:

:xy/gourgeist-small:
Mega Gourgeist (Small)
Typing: Ghost/Grass (Unchanged)
:xy/gourgeist:
Mega Gourgeist (Medium)
New Ability: Weak Armor
:xy/gourgeist-large:
Mega Gourgeist (Large)
New Ability: Flash Fire
:xy/gourgeist-super:
Mega Gourgeist (Super)
New Ability: Stamina
Typing: Fire/Grass

New moves for all of them: Strength Sap, Body Press, Flare Blitz, Encore, Parting Shot
Mega Gourgeist (Small)
New Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia --> Prankster
New Typing: Ghost/Grass (Unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 85 (--)
DEF
: 122 (--)
SPA
: 58 --> 85 (+27)
SPD
: 75 --> 140 (+65)
SPE
: 99 --> 107 (+8)

Desc
: Given the option of "Trick or Treat", this little dude definitely went for Trick. Prankster-boosted Strength Sap, Will-o-Wisp, Encore, Parting Shot, Curse, Synthesis, Disable, Destiny Bond, and Leech Seed (and maybe even Worry Seed, Pain Split, Trick-or-Treat, Nature Power or Imprison in edge cases) paired with its naturally high Defense (and especially Sap & Wisp with its massively boosted Special Defense) give Gourgeist-Small all the tools it could possibly need to be an absolute nuisance.

Mega Gourgeist (Medium)
New Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia --> Weak Armor

New Stats:
HP: 65
ATK: 90 --> 58 (swapped w/ SpA)
DEF
: 122 --> 147 (+25)
SPA
: 58 --> 145 (swapped w/ Atk & +55)
SPD
: 75 --> 95 (+20)
SPE
: 84 (--)

Desc
: While more hard-hitting than Small and faster than Super, the in-between sized Gourgeists have always found themselves in sort of a weird spot, not quite as well suited to specialize in one direction or another. This Mega tries to capitalize on Gourgeist's impressive existing Special movepool and Nasty Plot access, while also taking advantage of its high Defense stat to let it "safely" activate Weak Armor.

Especially with the inclusion of Strength Sap in its moveset, it's sort of like if a physically bulkier Polteageist got STAB on Giga Drain, and also Hidden Power!

Mega Gourgeist (Large)
New Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia --> Flash Fire

New Stats:
HP: 75
ATK: 95 --> 100 (+5)
DEF
: 122 --> 125 (+3)
SPA
: 58 --> 100 (+42)
SPD
: 75 --> 125 (+50)
SPE
: 69 (--)

Desc
: While not becoming a "real" Fire-type, this Gourgeist gains the ability to have Fire pseudo-STAB via Flash Fire, while still resisting nearly all the coverage options most Fire-types run -- notably, almost completely walling Rotom-Heat and Heatran, as well as causing significant problems for Volcarona, both Mega Charizards so long as Y isn't running Flying STAB, and Victini (not to mention how it's a good defensive typing for some of M4A's staples, notably giving Mega Raichu a real hard time).

It's not going to be dealing a ton of damage off the bat, but it can take advantage of the switches it forces to Nasty Plot, or to drop a Leech Seed, Wisp or Strength Sap onto the fresh switch. Or Curse -- this Gourgeist size is probably the best suited for disruptive Curse usage, with a good deal more HP aiding its general bulk than Small, and tons of options for recovering that lost HP.

Plus - it's not really fast enough to pull this off against anything other than the slowest bulky attackers, but Encore access alongside three different type immunities could potentially make for a very rude surprise!

Mega Gourgeist (Super)
New Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia --> Stamina
New Typing: Fire/Grass

New Stats:
HP: 85
ATK: 100 --> 145 (+45)
DEF
SPA
: 58 --> 68 (+10)
SPD
SPE
: 54 (--)

Desc
: With the combination of Strength Sap, Stamina, the ability to use the stat-boosting variety of Curse and its godlike HP/Defense combination, this big boy becomes a damn near immovable physical wall! Throw in Body Press or Rock Slide, Flare Blitz with a healthy dose of recovery options on the side, and Power Whip/Seed Bomb and you've got a recipe for success!

Fire/Grass is a real decent defensive type - weak to Poison, Flying and Rock, resists Electric, Grass, Steel & Fairy - and its main issue offensively is mainly "other Fire-types". Plus its typing means it can't be burned!
:ss/gourgeist:
New Ability
: Phantom Fire: Always crits when target it burned (Merciless clone)
Type: Fire/Grass

New stats: 65/130/122/58/110/109
HP: 65 (+0)
Defense: 122 (+0)
Special Attack: 58 (+0)
Special Defense: 75 --> 110 (+35)
Speed: 84 --> 109 (+25)
(BST) 494 --> 594

New moves: Flare Blitz, Inferno, Parting Shot, Leaf Storm, Overheat

:ss/gourgeist-small:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist-Small
New Ability
: Phantom Fire

New stats: 55/58/122/130/95/134
Attack: 85 --> 58 (-27)
Special Attack: 58 --> 130 (+72)
Special Defense: 75 --> 95 (+20)
Speed: 99 --> 134 (+35)
(BST) 494 --> 594

:ss/gourgeist-large:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist-Large
New Ability
Type: Ghost/Fire

New stats: 75/135/132/58/105/89
HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 95 --> 135 (+40)
Defense: 122 --> 132 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 --> 105 (+30)
Speed: 69 --> 89 (+20)
(BST) 494 --> 594

:ss/gourgeist-super:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist-Super
New Ability

New stats: 85/140/142/58/115/54
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 100 --> 140 (+40)
Defense: 122 --> 142 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 --> 115 (+40)
Speed: 54 (+0)
(BST) 494 --> 594

Description: The bulkier Gourgeists use a Ghost/Fire defensive typing while being really bulky and having solid attack. The smaller ones use high speed and high offensive stats while still not being too frail. The slow gourgeists have the bulk to take and hit then burn their opponent. They can also use 100% crit stab hex though their spatk isn't very high. They are also able to slow pivot with parting shot. As for the speedy ones, they can burn the opponent before they have the time to hit them too hard. Then they can crit their way through their opponent. They have access to fast Parting Shots to pivot out of dangerous situations and Gourgeist-Small can crit through Leaf Storm or Overheat special attack drop. Overall, these Mega-Gourgeists have the stats to abuse their ability well and still be useful even if they can't use it.
You know what's a cool ability? As One. Let's do something like that.

Mega Gourgeist
Type:
Ghost / Grass
Ability: Quad Body (Tangled Hair + Sweet Veil + Forewarn + Flash Fire)
Stats: Att +20, Def +20, SpA +30, SpD +45, Spe -15 (uniform changes on the off chance this mod gets crossed with Mix and Mega)
Att: 105
Def: 142
SpA: 88
SpD: 120
Spe: 84
Att: 110
Spe: 69
Att: 115
Spe: 54
Att: 120
Spe: 39

Mega Gourgeist sees all four sizes stack on top of one another, with each gaining a different ability to reference a different aspect of Gourgeist.
Tangled Hair: Gourgeist's arms are really its hair, or are at least described as "hair-like".
Sweet Veil: What's trick-or-treating without candy?
Forewarn: It is a ghost, and as such has otherworldly powers.
Flash Fire:
I walk the street this hallowed night​
A blazing visage gives me fright​
Compose myself, take closer sight:​
A pumpkin filled with candlelight​

Despite having four abilities, most of them are of limited consequence. Flash Fire is the most useful, replacing a weakness to Fire with an immunity. Tangled Hair punishes opponents who make contact with Mega Gourgeist, though the low speed of larger gourd hoards make it harder for them to make use of this. Forewarn is a nice little bonus that can sometimes suss out the presence of strong coverage moves like Focus Blast, Fire Blast, or Earthquake. Finally, Sweet Veil is there in case MFA ever gets adopted into a doubles format.

Small Gourgeist, with its decent speed and proportionally higher Special Attack, can take an offensive role as a Nasty Plot sweeper, or skip the setup and throw around its powerful physical STABs. On the other end of the spectrum, Super Gourgeist can take hits for days, harass the opponent with Will-O-Wisp and Leech Seed, and throw around its physical STABs with even more force. As for medium and large, lol no one uses those.

Stacking these pumpkins was pretty awkward because of how weirdly Gourgeist is shaped. Small Gourgeist is cheerful and holds candy. Medium Gourgeist's hair-arms have grown to gigantic proportions, now acting as the primary arms of the whole stack. Large Gourgeist has no light coming from within, and stares blankly. Super Gourgeist has a menacing expression with flames pouring out of its "eyes" and "mouth".
Mega Gourgeist-Small

The smallest Gourgeist sneaks around and plays pranks on its siblings, friends, or enemies. It’s here for the trick part of Halloween. Let’s rename this mod to Parting Shot For All.

Mega Gourgeist

Obligatory jack-o-lantern Gourgeist sub. Mystical Fire is flavor, and it already gets Return.

Mega Gourgeist-Large

New Ability: Treats for All (At the end of every turn, this Pokémon’s allies are healed by 1/8 their max HP, and this Pokémon is healed by 1/16 of its max hp.

The large Gourgeist shares its candy with its siblings, and helps them out in any way it can. It already gets Moonblast for a Fairy STAB.

Mega Gourgeist-Super

The biggest Gourgeist uses its size to protect its siblings. Shell Armor protects it from crits that would break through its raised defenses after Bulk Up and Amnesia, and Body Press lets it take advantage of its large Defense stat if it wants to. (Maybe remove Body Press?)

:mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu
:ss/Mimikyu::ss/mimikyu-busted:
Mega Mimikyu
If Disguise has not been broken
Typing: Ghost/Fairy ---> Ghost/Fairy
Ability: Disguise ---> Magic Guard
HP: 55 ---> 55
Atk: 90 ---> 90
Def: 80 ---> 145 (+65)
SpA: 50 ---> 70 (+20)
SpD: 105 ---> 150 (+45)
Spe: 96 ---> 66 (-30)

If Disguise has been broken
Typing: Ghost/Fairy ---> Ghost/Bug
Ability: Disguise ---> Spectral Anger | If the user hits a move super-effectively, it's Attack raises by 1.
Atk: 90 ---> 130 (+40)
Def: 80 ---> 80
SpA: 50 ---> 80 (+30)
SpD: 105 ---> 105
Spe: 96 ---> 126 (+30)

Added Moves: First Impression, Strength Sap, U-turn

Description: Mimikyu now has a solid defensive and offensive form. Its Disguised Mega Evolution has solid defensive stats and ability, but is held back by the loss of Disguise and a mediocre defensive typing. Its Busted Mega Evolution has an amazing offensive ability, great offensive stats, and the ability to set up under Disguise, but is held back by its mediocre offensive typing and lack of ability to run coverage.
:Mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu
New Ability
: Galvanize
Type: Ghost/Fairy

New stats:
Defense: 80 -> 80
Special Attack: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Special Defense: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Speed: 96 -> 116 (+20)
BST: 476 -> 576

New moves: Double-Edge
Description: Mega Mimikyu wants to be Pikachu so much that its Normal moves now become boosted Electric-type moves! Electric coverage is always useful so it could smack Toxapex and Corviknight hard. Add its STABs and Wood Hammer and you have perfect coverage for your Mega Mimikyu!
:sm/mimikyu:
Mimikyu
Ghost, Dark
Nemesis (megamax ab, copies stat changes when switching in)
55, 180, 80, 60, 105, 96
+90, +10
Switcheroo
:mimikyu:
Mega Mimikyu
New Ability
: Cursed Cloak (When this pokemon is hit with a physical attack and takes more than 50% damage from that attack, Disguise's effects are reactivated.)
Type: Ghost / Fairy

New stats (busted):
Defense: 90 (+10)
Special Attack: 80 (+30)
Special Defense: 115 (+10)
Speed: 106 (+10)
(576 BST)

New moves: Close Combat
Description:
Boost up, stomach a physical attack, and then escape at 3 miles per hour rinse and repeat. Need I say more? :)
I love Mimikyu so much ;w;

New Ability: Disguise -> Fearful Embrace
(When Mimikyu's HP is reduced to half or less by direct damage from an attack, the attacker's Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed are all reduced by 1 stage.)

New Stats:
Attack: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Speed: 96
(576 BST)

New moves: Poltergeist, Cotton Guard
Description:
The idea here is to make Mega Mimikyu into a good user of draining moves, like Drain Punch, by indirectly boosting their power when it needs them the most - especially if it goes Speed-uninvested, making it so the debuff happens before it uses them - and rewarding the HP drain with a chance to activate its Ability more than a single time.
On the other hand, I'm choosing not to give it reliable recovery, because that would enable its Ability to be abused a lot more.

Naturally, without the ability to hold a Lum Berry and with its significant reliance on setup, this Mega Mimikyu is extremely status-weak and should not be difficult to force out, which I hope will effectively counterbalance the ease with which Disguise and Fearful Embrace allow it to set up.
It's worth noting that this also doesn't hit nearly as hard as its base form with a boosting item like a Life Orb - this is meant to be an alternative, defensive angle that trades less immediate power for better bulk and ease of boosting, but the base form still offers more raw power and was rather significantly buffed in itself by the addition of Poltergeist. We did discuss this in the Discord and decided that it would be acceptable to add Poltergeist to Mimikyu!

I feel like this has the potential to be a really neat tank - not many Pokémon can play defensive roles with nothing but draining attacks for recovery, but I think this has the tools it needs to make that work? I would really enjoy using something like this, and the depth of HP management it requires to use effectively should make it a very unique Pokémon to use!

(Just for fun: the Ability name is a silly sort of double-meaning - it could either imply that Mimikyu is frightened or that it's terrifying!
I feel that both of these suit the effect of the Ability; many stat-lowering moves, like Tearful Look, Fake Tears and Tail Whip, lower the opponent's stats because the user seems vulnerable or cute, but others, like Screech, Parting Shot and Eerie Impulse, do it by frightening the opponent instead. Who can say which of these is more applicable to the shy but terrifying form of Mega Mimikyu...?)

---

As far as the sets this might run...
I know I would run something like Cotton Guard / Swords Dance / Poltergeist / Drain Punch, but I can also realistically see it wanting to run Fairy STAB and/or Shadow Sneak like base Mimikyu does as well. In particular, Cotton Guard strikes me as something that could actually really come in handy as a free, safe buff on the turn of Disguise, but I'm not sure whether most people would run Cotton Guard or not because defense buffs usually aren't considered viable.

Here's a fun fact about this sub! The omni-debuff from Fearful Embrace is actually a reference to what we now know was a planned effect for Let's Snuggle Forever that didn't make the cut. In terms of raw power, I don't expect this to be overpowered - it's worth remembering that the opponent can just switch out and clear the debuff quite easily, and it's not triggering it right after using a super-powerful Fairy move that will doubtless leave the opponent vulnerable in itself - but it still grants Mimikyu more opportunities to set up with Swords Dance while incentivizing a set of moves that Mimikyu doesn't often run.

I also just really want a bulky Mega Mimikyu in general
I regularly run Drain Punch Mimikyu with a freaking Kee Berry - I just want to make that kind of set actually viable :'D
New Ability
: Imitate (This pokemon's secondary type changes to the primary type of the opposite pokemon when it switches-in or mega-evolves and its fairy type moves become that new type.)

New stats: 55/110/90/110/105/106
Attack: 90 --> 110 (+20)
Defense: 80 --> 90 (+10)
Special Attack: 50 --> 110 (+60)
Special Defense: 105 (+0)
Speed: 96 --> 106 (+10)
(BST) 476 --> 576 (+100)

New moves: Poltergeist, Nasty Plot, Synchronoise, Moonblast, (Reflect Type)
Description: With its imitate ability, it can switch-into many attacks since most types resist themselves. It can also set-up easily thanks to disguise before mega-evolving and it can even use special sets thanks to having nasty plot now. It can use synchronoise very well if you want to use a special set. Its ability works kind of like trace where it can be very bad in certain cases or win you the game in others.
Mega Mimikyu
Type:
Ghost / Fairy
Ability: Disguise
Stats:
Att: 125 (+35)​
Def: 80​
SpA: 90 (+40)​
SpD: 120 (+15)​
Spe: 106 (+10)​

Use Disguise to eat a hit while you Swords Dance, then Mega Evolve and do the same thing again. It's pretty vanilla, but you can't go wrong with a free* +4 boost in Attack.

*not including two payments of 1/8 your max health for shipping and handling
Mega Mimikyu

New Ability: Trick for Treat (If Mimikyu makes contact with the opposing Pokémon, it heals ⅛ of its max HP.)

Mimikyu runs around on Halloween stealing candy from other trick-or-treaters. I had a picture in my head of Mimikyu going trick-or-treating, and I somehow ended up with this. Trick-or-Treat is definitely necessary for flavor, and so is Switcheroo. Knock Off also feels like it fits the theme, and is a more relevant move. Although it won’t prefer Knock Off over a ghost move. I know I just really like Parting Shot but the mental image of Mimikyu insulting someone then running off with their candy is just too good. Also, is a ⅛ heal too much? I’m very inexperienced at Pokémon so I wouldn’t know.
(can confirm: 1/8 heal is not too much! this is perfectly fine C:
also that's hilarious)
Mega Mimikyu
New Ability:
Mask Off - It's pixelate/refrigerate, but when disguise is up, it has 1.2x power for ghost type moves, and when disguise is busted, it has 1.2x power for fairy type moves.
(BST) 476 --> 576 (+100)
Flavor: (I'm gonna explain my thought process instead of pokedex-like entry here) For this, I decided to lean into the mask aesthetic, but I decided to change it from mask to masque. Mega Mimikyu is modeled after the phantom of the opera, and it's 2 sprites would be the happy and sad drama masks. That's where its ability comes from. I think this is a dope take on the pokemon.
Set Description: Hoo boy, I really let loose on this one. I decided to create something not necessarily from a fun in game perspective, but more a fun design perspective. In terms of how it works, the general strategy is to ignore the ghost type bonus, and set up swords dance with regular disguse since this ability doesn't shield you from damage with the disguise. It basically provides a dope, accurate alternative to play rough with return/frustration, and you can also run facade. The beefed stats also help - I added some random spatk to try to balance, and I decreased defense with the same intention as well. I also gave it nuzzle because I think it's cute tbh. Emolga (which should be on a slate tbh, dope mon), Togedemaru, Dedenne, and Pikachu all have nuzzle now - and since Mimikyu is just trying to fit in I caved and gave it nuzzle. Could provide some cool defensive sets, since it has a pretty niche typing. This was a blast to make, and hope you enjoy!
Mega Mimikyu
Stone
New Ability: Charged - The holder charges with static electricity to receive 50% damage from damaging moves; when hit by a super-effective move, its body deflates and this effect is removed permanently.
New Type:

Mimikyu-Mega:
(BST) 476 --> 576​
Mimikyu-Mega-Discharged:
(BST) 476 --> 576​
Flavor: In its inflated form, it looks like when it uses Let's Snuggle Forever, but the puppet looks like Raichu rather than Pikachu now. In its deflated form, it looks just like the other form, but deflated, hence more serpentine. I'll draw it.
Set Description: I cannot really write competitive analyses, but I gave it more STABs for its new typing. The ability is kind of a clone of Fluffy while inflated, but also a reduced version of Wonder Guard. It's bulky but not that much looking at that HP stat, and obviously Disguise isn't active in Mega form, so it loses the opportunity to take a hit freely when it Megas.
Potential set:

Mimikyu @ Raichu Doll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD or 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Play Rough
- Nuzzle / Thunder Punch
- Shadow Sneak / Claw

Ability:
Disguise -> Unfinished Deed (Disguise, but once the disguise is busted all status moves are set to +1 priority (not Prankster, Prankster gives them +1 priority, this means that a move like Protect goes down to +1 or a move like Trick Room goes up to +1, rather than being +5 and -6) and gain Healing Wish's effect (faints the user, but fully heals the Pokemon who switches in for it)

Stats:

Flavour: So Mimikyu has a little bit of usage in doubles as a Trick Room setter? I wanted to incorporate that. Unfinished Deed is the name of the ability because it's meant to represent getting one last 'Deed' done (using a status move) and then departing back to the 'Afterlife' (being fainted).

Competitive: Although it has nice utility as a Pokemon who can spread status and keep teamamtes intact, Mega Mimikyu truly shines as the ultimate Trick Room mega. It functions as the primary and secondary setter of Trick Room, for example Cresselia functions as the secondary setter since it uses Lunar Dance to restore one of the Trick Room abusers: you lead with Mimikyu, set Trick Room and if you're attacked that turn lose your disguise, then if you've been attacked you mega evolve - restoring your disguise - and U-Turn out, to later switch in on an attack that would ko one of your abusers, lose your disguise, and then set Trick Room again and let your abuser come back in, fully healing them up. So it sets Trick Room at the start and then functions as a secondary setter later in the match, freeing up space for more abusers.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)
EDIT: updated zxgzxg's Mimikyu sub after conferring with them on the Discord!
EDIT: added War Incarnate's nerfed sub!

Please also remember to vote on the polls for new move distribution as previously announced!

As usual, voting will last for 48 hours! The new move polls will end at the same time as the voting phase for slate 16, and we will require at least a 60% supermajority in the poll to go through with each of these changes.
That should give you plenty of time to decide on a vote, and you can also get started on planning for the next slate!
Based on the results of the latest poll, slate 17 will be themed after Crown Tundra as suggested by MegaFlareon, with :nidoqueen: Mega Nidoqueen, :walrein: Mega Walrein and :aurorus: Mega Aurorus!

To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

And finally, remember that the Mega Spooky Cup is almost upon us! You can find the details of the tour and the list of legal Pokémon here. There's also a spreadsheet dedicated to the Mega Spooky Cup that might be useful when teambuilding for the tournament!
Remember that slate 16 - the one on which we're currently voting - will also be playable for Mega Spooky Cup, and Mega Ariados, Mega Gourgeist and Mega Mimikyu will all be legal!

Last edited:
Hey, everyone!! I believe it's now time for the submission phase to close and the voting phase to begin! Thanks to everyone for submitting!!

Mega Ariados
Typing:
Bug/Poison ---> Bug/Dark
Ability: Swarm/Insomnia/Sniper ---> Spinster | Sets Sticky Webs on their own side of the field on switch-in
HP: 70 ---> 70
Atk: 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Def: 70 ---> 130 (+60)
SpA: 60 ---> 40 (-20)
SpD: 70 ---> 130 (+60)
Spe: 40 ---> 20 (-20)
Added Moves: Trick Room, U-turn

Description: Ariados becomes an amazing Trick Room support, making faster Pokemon like Bisharp and Dracozolt viable in Trick Room offense teams. However, it is weak to Stealth Rocks, meaning it has limited switch-ins, and it cannot pull off a slow-pivot under Trick Room, so whatever switches in after Ariados must be able to take a hit.
:Ariados: Mega Ariados
New Ability
: Spidey Sense: User's Bug-type moves get +1 priority as long as the user's HP is 50% or above.

New stats:
HP: 70 -> 70
Attack: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 -> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Speed: 40 -> 40
BST: 400 -> 500

Description: A great revenge killer as long as you keep it healthy. Mega Ariados has wide options to use for its Bug STAB: Megahorn for pure power, Lunge for neutering physical attackers, and Leech Life for HP recovery. Also, priority Sticky Web is always useful. Keeping it healthy isn't that hard since it has Leech Life to regain its health back and it's actually quite bulky for a spider; it's slightly bulkier than Mega Camerupt. That said, I don't think it's overpowered since Bug isn't the best offensive type out there and using coverage moves makes Mega Ariados use its base 40 Speed.
Ariados
Bug, Poison
Sticky residues (when eswitching in or megaing, sets an terrain effect by 5 turns that makes every hazard unclearable and uncourtchangeable. compatible with light clay)
70, 150, 90, 60, 90, 40
+60, +20, +20

Spikes
Ab effect activation: "pokemon" set up sticky residues in the battlefield![/CENTER]
Mega Ariados
New Ability
: Infecting Touch (If the opponent has any stat drops or status ailments, and this pokemon uses a damaging move of any kind, a random stat drop will be inflicted on the opponent, other than stat drops which affect evasion or accuracy.)
Type: Bug / Poison

New stats:
HP: 70
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 35 (-25)
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 125 (+85)
(500 BST)

New moves: Gunk Shot, Knock Off
Description:
This Mega Ariados intends to take advantage of status ailments to cripple the opponent as much as possible before finishing them off with a killing blow. The fact that its ability inflicts a completely random stat drop is incredibly useful, as while you might get something useless (oh, say, -1 special attack against something like Cinderace or -1 attack against something like Blissey), you also might get something really useful, like -1 speed against Ash-Greninja or Dragapult. While it's very luck-based in most situations, it's also extremely useful as well.

Despite this, Mega Ariados still suffers from a bad offensive typing - Bug/Poison isn't exactly the best STAB combo, not to mention that it lacks coverage aside from Knock Off and (maybe) Stomping Tantrum, meaning that quite a bit will usually wall its STABs. In the case of Corviknight, it completely is walled. 70/70/70 defenses aren't great uninvested, and even at -1 attack/special attack most strong attacks will still 2HKO it, or if it's a super effective attack, OHKO it.
New Ability
: Caught in the web (If the target was affected by a web move since they switched in, this pokemon deals 50% more damage)

New stats: 70/140/90/40/70/90
HP: 70 (+0)
Attack: 90 --> 140 (+50)
Defense: 70 -->90 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 --> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 70 (+0)
Speed: 40 --> 90 (+50)
(BST) 400 --> 500 (+100)

New moves: Drill Run, Gunk Shot, Knock Off, U-Turn, First Impression
Sticky Web, String Shot, Toxic Thread, Spider Web
Description: This Ariados has a simple goal: Set up Sticky Web. Once that is done, it can outspeed most pokemons and deal high damage. It has access to new moves such as Drill Run to hit Poison, Fire, Steel or Rock types that could annoy you, U-turn to get out of dangerous situation and First Impression which can revenge-kill dangerous threats such as greninja. It also has access to spider web to not only trap defensive pokemons but also boost its damage output. Overall, I think that, because of the little setup it requires, Mega-Ariados would be a very effective offensive pokemon.
:bw/ariados:
Ariados-Mega
Bug/Poison
Ability: No Guard

HP: 70->70
Attack: 90->135
Defense: 70->70
Special Attack: 60->45 (-25)
Special Defense: 70->70
Speed: 40->120
New Moves: First Impression, Gunk Shot, U-turn, Cross Chop
just a simple wallbreaker. nice speed tier, strong and accurate STABs. Meh bulk and SR weak tho. Sucks at trading hits bc of No Guard and frailty
Mega Ariados

Mega Ariados
Typing:

(50 base power is fine!)

:Gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist
Type: Ghost/Grass (all sizes)

Small
New Ability
: Hollow Win: User's Ghost-type moves have a 20% chance to flinch the target.
New stats:
Attack: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Special Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 99 -> 139 (+40)
Average
New Ability
: Hallow Win: User's Ghost-type moves are super-effective against Dark-type Pokemon.
New stats:
HP: 65 -> 65
Defense: 122 -> 142 (+20)
Speed: 84 -> 104 (+20)
Large
New Ability
: Halo Ring: User's Ghost-type moves have a 20% chance to boost the user's Speed by 1 stage.
New stats:
HP: 75 -> 75
Attack: 95 -> 95
Special Attack: 58 -> 138 (+80)
Speed: 69 -> 89 (+20)
Super
New Ability
: Hell Win: User's Ghost-type have a 20% chance to burn the target
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 122 -> 162 (+40)
Special Attack: 58 -> 58
Special Defense: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Speed: 54 -> 54
Description: Different Mega forms make it unpredictable!
Small: Fast Attacker. It works as a revenge killer and it can get lucky with flinches here and there.
Average: Physical Wallbreaker. It has a perfect neutral coverage due to its ability hitting Dark-types hard. It also has a powerful Shadow Sneak to make up for its lower Speed.
Large: Special Attacker. It is the only form that can use Fire coverage moves consistently to OHKO Ferrothorn and the only form that has Fighting coverage for Normal-types.
Super: Wall. It can be annoying and hard to take down with its huge bulk, ability, and status moves such as Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp.
:sm/gourgeist:
Gourgeist-smol
Gourgeist
Gourgeist-lonk
Gourgeist-giant
Ghost, Grass
Life sap (all moves get 33% draining, stacks with giga drain and etc)
55, 125, 122, 58, 75, 159
65, 160, 132, 68, 85, 84
75, 105, 122, 58, 165, 69
85, 130, 192, 58, 75, 54
+40, +60+70, +10, +10, +10+10, +90+30, +70
Parting shot, Flare blitz, Thunder wave, Reflect
Mega Gourgeist
For each Size's specific stats and description, please view the hide box below! Here is a summary of each one:

Mega Gourgeist (Small)
Mega Gourgeist (Medium)
Mega Gourgeist (Large)
Mega Gourgeist (Super)

New moves for all of them: Strength Sap, Body Press, Flare Blitz, Encore, Parting Shot
Mega Gourgeist (Small)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA
SPD
SPE

Desc
: Given the option of "Trick or Treat", this little dude definitely went for Trick. Prankster-boosted Strength Sap, Will-o-Wisp, Encore, Parting Shot, Curse, Synthesis, Disable, Destiny Bond, and Leech Seed (and maybe even Worry Seed, Pain Split, Trick-or-Treat, Nature Power or Imprison in edge cases) paired with its naturally high Defense (and especially Sap & Wisp with its massively boosted Special Defense) give Gourgeist-Small all the tools it could possibly need to be an absolute nuisance.

Mega Gourgeist (Medium)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA
SPD
SPE

Desc
: While more hard-hitting than Small and faster than Super, the in-between sized Gourgeists have always found themselves in sort of a weird spot, not quite as well suited to specialize in one direction or another. This Mega tries to capitalize on Gourgeist's impressive existing Special movepool and Nasty Plot access, while also taking advantage of its high Defense stat to let it "safely" activate Weak Armor.

Especially with the inclusion of Strength Sap in its moveset, it's sort of like if a physically bulkier Polteageist got STAB on Giga Drain, and also Hidden Power!

Mega Gourgeist (Large)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA
SPD
SPE

Desc
: While not becoming a "real" Fire-type, this Gourgeist gains the ability to have Fire pseudo-STAB via Flash Fire, while still resisting nearly all the coverage options most Fire-types run -- notably, almost completely walling Rotom-Heat and Heatran, as well as causing significant problems for Volcarona, both Mega Charizards so long as Y isn't running Flying STAB, and Victini (not to mention how it's a good defensive typing for some of M4A's staples, notably giving Mega Raichu a real hard time).

It's not going to be dealing a ton of damage off the bat, but it can take advantage of the switches it forces to Nasty Plot, or to drop a Leech Seed, Wisp or Strength Sap onto the fresh switch. Or Curse -- this Gourgeist size is probably the best suited for disruptive Curse usage, with a good deal more HP aiding its general bulk than Small, and tons of options for recovering that lost HP.

Plus - it's not really fast enough to pull this off against anything other than the slowest bulky attackers, but Encore access alongside three different type immunities could potentially make for a very rude surprise!

Mega Gourgeist (Super)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA
SPD
SPE

Desc
: With the combination of Strength Sap, Stamina, the ability to use the stat-boosting variety of Curse and its godlike HP/Defense combination, this big boy becomes a damn near immovable physical wall! Throw in Body Press or Rock Slide, Flare Blitz with a healthy dose of recovery options on the side, and Power Whip/Seed Bomb and you've got a recipe for success!

Fire/Grass is a real decent defensive type - weak to Poison, Flying and Rock, resists Electric, Grass, Steel & Fairy - and its main issue offensively is mainly "other Fire-types". Plus its typing means it can't be burned!
:ss/gourgeist:
New Ability
: Phantom Fire: Always crits when target it burned (Merciless clone)

New stats: 65/130/122/58/110/109
HP: 65 (+0)
Special Defense: 75 --> 110 (+35)
Speed: 84 --> 109 (+25)
(BST) 494 --> 594

:ss/gourgeist-small:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist-Small
New Ability

New stats: 55/58/122/130/95/134
Attack: 85 --> 58 (-27)
Special Attack: 58 --> 130 (+72)
Special Defense: 75 --> 95 (+20)
Speed: 99 --> 134 (+35)
(BST) 494 --> 594

:ss/gourgeist-large:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist-Large
New Ability

New stats: 75/135/132/58/105/89
HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 95 --> 135 (+40)
Defense: 122 --> 132 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 --> 105 (+30)
Speed: 69 --> 89 (+20)
(BST) 494 --> 594

:ss/gourgeist-super:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist-Super
New Ability

New stats: 85/140/142/58/115/54
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 100 --> 140 (+40)
Defense: 122 --> 142 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 --> 115 (+40)
Speed: 54 (+0)
(BST) 494 --> 594

Description: The bulkier Gourgeists use a Ghost/Fire defensive typing while being really bulky and having solid attack. The smaller ones use high speed and high offensive stats while still not being too frail. The slow gourgeists have the bulk to take and hit then burn their opponent. They can also use 100% crit stab hex though their spatk isn't very high. They are also able to slow pivot with parting shot. As for the speedy ones, they can burn the opponent before they have the time to hit them too hard. Then they can crit their way through their opponent. They have access to fast Parting Shots to pivot out of dangerous situations and Gourgeist-Small can crit through Leaf Storm or Overheat special attack drop. Overall, these Mega-Gourgeists have the stats to abuse their ability well and still be useful even if they can't use it.
You know what's a cool ability? As One. Let's do something like that.

Mega Gourgeist
Type:
Ghost / Grass
Ability: Quad Body (Tangled Hair + Sweet Veil + Forewarn + Flash Fire)
Stats: Att +20, Def +20, SpA +30, SpD +45, Spe -15 (uniform changes on the off chance this mod gets crossed with Mix and Mega)
Att: 105
Spe: 84
Att: 110
Spe: 69
Att: 115
Spe: 54
Att: 120
Spe: 39

Mega Gourgeist sees all four sizes stack on top of one another, with each gaining a different ability to reference a different aspect of Gourgeist.
Tangled Hair: Gourgeist's arms are really its hair, or are at least described as "hair-like".
Sweet Veil: What's trick-or-treating without candy?
Forewarn: It is a ghost, and as such has otherworldly powers.
Flash Fire:
I walk the street this hallowed night​
A blazing visage gives me fright​
Compose myself, take closer sight:​
A pumpkin filled with candlelight​

Despite having four abilities, most of them are of limited consequence. Flash Fire is the most useful, replacing a weakness to Fire with an immunity. Tangled Hair punishes opponents who make contact with Mega Gourgeist, though the low speed of larger gourd hoards make it harder for them to make use of this. Forewarn is a nice little bonus that can sometimes suss out the presence of strong coverage moves like Focus Blast, Fire Blast, or Earthquake. Finally, Sweet Veil is there in case MFA ever gets adopted into a doubles format.

Small Gourgeist, with its decent speed and proportionally higher Special Attack, can take an offensive role as a Nasty Plot sweeper, or skip the setup and throw around its powerful physical STABs. On the other end of the spectrum, Super Gourgeist can take hits for days, harass the opponent with Will-O-Wisp and Leech Seed, and throw around its physical STABs with even more force. As for medium and large, lol no one uses those.

Stacking these pumpkins was pretty awkward because of how weirdly Gourgeist is shaped. Small Gourgeist is cheerful and holds candy. Medium Gourgeist's hair-arms have grown to gigantic proportions, now acting as the primary arms of the whole stack. Large Gourgeist has no light coming from within, and stares blankly. Super Gourgeist has a menacing expression with flames pouring out of its "eyes" and "mouth".
Mega Gourgeist-Small

Mega Gourgeist

Mega Gourgeist-Large

Mega Gourgeist-Super

Mega Mimikyu
Atk: 90 ---> 90
SpD: 105 ---> 150 (+45)

Ability: Disguise ---> Spectral Anger | If the user hits a move super-effectively, it's Attack raises by 1.

Description: Mimikyu now has a solid defensive and offensive form. Its Disguised Mega Evolution has solid defensive stats and ability, but is held back by the loss of Disguise and a mediocre defensive typing. Its Busted Mega Evolution has an amazing offensive ability, great offensive stats, and the ability to set up under Disguise, but is held back by its mediocre offensive typing and lack of ability to run coverage.
:Mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu
New Ability
: Galvanize

New stats:
Defense: 80 -> 80
Special Attack: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Special Defense: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Speed: 96 -> 116 (+20)
BST: 476 -> 576

New moves: Double-Edge
Description: Mega Mimikyu wants to be Pikachu so much that its Normal moves now become boosted Electric-type moves! Electric coverage is always useful so it could smack Toxapex and Corviknight hard. Add its STABs and Wood Hammer and you have perfect coverage for your Mega Mimikyu!
:sm/mimikyu:
Mimikyu
Ghost, Dark
Nemesis (megamax ab, copies stat changes when switching in)
55, 180, 80, 60, 105, 96
+90, +10
Switcheroo
I love Mimikyu so much ;w;

New Ability: Disguise -> Fearful Embrace
(When Mimikyu's HP is reduced to half or less by direct damage from an attack, the attacker's Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed are all reduced by 1 stage.)

New Stats:
Attack: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Speed: 96
(576 BST)

New moves: Poltergeist, Cotton Guard
Description:
The idea here is to make Mega Mimikyu into a good user of draining moves, like Drain Punch, by indirectly boosting their power when it needs them the most - especially if it goes Speed-uninvested, making it so the debuff happens before it uses them - and rewarding the HP drain with a chance to activate its Ability more than a single time.
On the other hand, I'm choosing not to give it reliable recovery, because that would enable its Ability to be abused a lot more.

Naturally, without the ability to hold a Lum Berry and with its significant reliance on setup, this Mega Mimikyu is extremely status-weak and should not be difficult to force out, which I hope will effectively counterbalance the ease with which Disguise and Fearful Embrace allow it to set up.
It's worth noting that this also doesn't hit nearly as hard as its base form with a boosting item like a Life Orb - this is meant to be an alternative, defensive angle that trades less immediate power for better bulk and ease of boosting, but the base form still offers more raw power and was rather significantly buffed in itself by the addition of Poltergeist. We did discuss this in the Discord and decided that it would be acceptable to add Poltergeist to Mimikyu!

I feel like this has the potential to be a really neat tank - not many Pokémon can play defensive roles with nothing but draining attacks for recovery, but I think this has the tools it needs to make that work? I would really enjoy using something like this, and the depth of HP management it requires to use effectively should make it a very unique Pokémon to use!

(Just for fun: the Ability name is a silly sort of double-meaning - it could either imply that Mimikyu is frightened or that it's terrifying!
I feel that both of these suit the effect of the Ability; many stat-lowering moves, like Tearful Look, Fake Tears and Tail Whip, lower the opponent's stats because the user seems vulnerable or cute, but others, like Screech, Parting Shot and Eerie Impulse, do it by frightening the opponent instead. Who can say which of these is more applicable to the shy but terrifying form of Mega Mimikyu...?)

---

As far as the sets this might run...
I know I would run something like Cotton Guard / Swords Dance / Poltergeist / Drain Punch, but I can also realistically see it wanting to run Fairy STAB and/or Shadow Sneak like base Mimikyu does as well. In particular, Cotton Guard strikes me as something that could actually really come in handy as a free, safe buff on the turn of Disguise, but I'm not sure whether most people would run Cotton Guard or not because defense buffs usually aren't considered viable.

Here's a fun fact about this sub! The omni-debuff from Fearful Embrace is actually a reference to what we now know was a planned effect for Let's Snuggle Forever that didn't make the cut. In terms of raw power, I don't expect this to be overpowered - it's worth remembering that the opponent can just switch out and clear the debuff quite easily, and it's not triggering it right after using a super-powerful Fairy move that will doubtless leave the opponent vulnerable in itself - but it still grants Mimikyu more opportunities to set up with Swords Dance while incentivizing a set of moves that Mimikyu doesn't often run.

I also just really want a bulky Mega Mimikyu in general
I regularly run Drain Punch Mimikyu with a freaking Kee Berry - I just want to make that kind of set actually viable :'D
New Ability
: Imitate (This pokemon's secondary type changes to the primary type of the opposite pokemon when it switches-in or mega-evolves and its fairy type moves become that new type.)

New stats: 55/110/90/110/105/106
Attack: 90 --> 110 (+20)
Defense: 80 --> 90 (+10)
Special Attack: 50 --> 110 (+60)
Special Defense: 105 (+0)
Speed: 96 --> 106 (+10)
(BST) 476 --> 576 (+100)

New moves: Poltergeist, Nasty Plot, Synchronoise, Moonblast, (Reflect Type)
Description: With its imitate ability, it can switch-into many attacks since most types resist themselves. It can also set-up easily thanks to disguise before mega-evolving and it can even use special sets thanks to having nasty plot now. It can use synchronoise very well if you want to use a special set. Its ability works kind of like trace where it can be very bad in certain cases or win you the game in others.
Mega Mimikyu
Type:
Ghost / Fairy
Ability: Disguise
Stats:
Att: 125 (+35)​
Def: 80​
SpA: 90 (+40)​
SpD: 120 (+15)​
Spe: 106 (+10)​

Use Disguise to eat a hit while you Swords Dance, then Mega Evolve and do the same thing again. It's pretty vanilla, but you can't go wrong with a free* +4 boost in Attack.

*not including two payments of 1/8 your max health for shipping and handling
Mega Mimikyu

(can confirm: 1/8 heal is not too much! this is perfectly fine C:
also that's hilarious)
Mega Mimikyu
New Ability:
(BST) 476 --> 576 (+100)
Mega Mimikyu
Stone
New Type:

Mimikyu-Mega:
(BST) 476 --> 576​
Mimikyu-Mega-Discharged:
(BST) 476 --> 576​
Potential set:

Mimikyu @ Raichu Doll
- Play Rough
- Nuzzle / Thunder Punch
- Shadow Sneak / Claw

Ability:

Stats:

War Incarnate's Mimikyu was excluded on account of its stats being too significant a straight upgrade relative to the base form even accounting for the loss of an item slot and the addition of Poltergeist and Close Combat to its movepool, which are too much on a Ghost-type with this ease of boosting and this Speed.
I tried to explain this on the Discord and pinged him more than three days ago, but I don't think he saw that he was pinged, oops. I should've checked back sooner and noticed that he hadn't done anything.
War Incarnate: mainly, I think you kind of have to pick between making the Mega this clear a straight upgrade (outdamaging any relevant item on the base form and being significantly faster) and also buffing the movepool this significantly - this is a very extreme buff to Mimikyu.
As usual, it can be added back if you nerf it whenever you see this, and you're welcome to discuss it in DMs or on the Discord if you have any questions about how to go about that!
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)
EDIT: updated zxgzxg's Mimikyu sub after conferring with them on the Discord!

Please also remember to vote on the polls for new move distribution as previously announced!

As usual, voting will last for 48 hours! The new move polls will end at the same time as the voting phase for slate 16, and we will require at least a 60% supermajority in the poll to go through with each of these changes.
That should give you plenty of time to decide on a vote, and you can also get started on planning for the next slate!
Based on the results of the latest poll, slate 17 will be themed after Crown Tundra as suggested by MegaFlareon, with :nidoqueen: Mega Nidoqueen, :walrein: Mega Walrein and :aurorus: Mega Aurorus!

To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

And finally, remember that the Mega Spooky Cup is almost upon us! You can find the details of the tour and the list of legal Pokémon here. There's also a spreadsheet dedicated to the Mega Spooky Cup that might be useful when teambuilding for the tournament!
Remember that slate 16 - the one on which we're currently voting - will also be playable for Mega Spooky Cup, and Mega Ariados, Mega Gourgeist and Mega Mimikyu will all be legal!
Aight, fixed it. Obviously the problem was Poltergeist and that speed tier and attack, so I amended those by lowering speed by 10 points, lowering attack by 10, and then putting the rest in Special Attack and Special defense, and removing Poltergeist.

Now, time for the votes:

:ariados:Spooky Scary... Spiders?!: Mossy Sandwich, Mine, BitBitio
:mimikyu:P̸̬̲̂̑͒ ̵̥̉̆I̸̙͕̞̞͎̅̑̈́͒ ̷̖͔̬͝ͅK̸͎̲̺̹̉͐̋̋ ̴̢̡̡͇͍̺̋̃͑Ą̷̗̞̥̙͋͛́̍͘ͅ ̴̧̃̚C̸̦̞̥̀ ̸̯̄́̄̀̍̈́͜͜Ḧ̷̜̳̼̫̋ ̶̩̮̟̯̬̀̈́̆̚U̸̗̘̓: Stitch98, DrPumpkinz, Hematite
:gourgeist:When pumpkins become alive: MegaFlareon, inkbug, DrPumpkinz

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:Ariados: Ariados: kakaks, MegaFlareon, Mossy Sandwich
:gourgeist: Gourgeist: Mossy Sandwich, inkbug, DrPumpkinz
:mimikyu: Mimikyu: zxgzxg, Hematite, Mossy Sandwich

:ariados:Lucas: zxgzxg, BitBitio, MegaFlareon
:gourgeist:Linus van Pelt: inkbug, DrPumpkinz, BotwNerd745
:mimikyu:Georgie: MegaFlareon, DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich

Gourgeist was probably the hardest slate to vote on since Gigalith
:ariados:: zxgzxg, MegaFlareon, Mossy Sandwich
:gourgeist:: inkbug, DrPumpkinz, BotwNerd745
:mimikyu:: Mossy Sandwich, BotwNerd745, Hematite

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ariados: kakaks, zxgzxg, ChoiceScarfed
:gourgeist: DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich, inkbug
:mimikyu: Hematite, zxgzxg, Mossy Sandwich

:ariados: Mega Ariados: kakaks, zxgzxg, Mossy Sandwich
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist: Mossy Sandwich, inkbug, DrPumpkinz
:mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu: IsoCon, MegaFlareon, Hematite

aaaaaa there are so many I want to include OTL

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Aaaaand the votes are in!! (Sorry for the wait -- me getting this post up on time has previously relied on me waking up before my morning alarm, which unfortunately did not happen this week)

:ariados: Mega Ariados: kakaks !
Ariados
Bug, Poison
70, 150, 90, 60, 90, 40
+60, +20, +20

Spikes
Ab effect activation: "pokemon" set up sticky residues in the battlefield!
:ariados:zxgzxgMegaFlareonkakaksWar IncarnateMossy SandwichBitBitioBotwNerd745ChoiceScarfed
3-point votesdr, botw,kakaks,ink, moss, zxg, hema1,war,hema2,flareon,
2-point voteshema2, zxg, hema1,ink, botw,kakaks,war, moss,dr, flareon,
1-point voteskakaks,dr, flareon,ink, moss, botw, hema1,war,hema2, zxg,
TOTAL6 + 6 + 1 =
3 + 4 + 2 =
12 + 2 + 0 =
63 + 0 + 4 =
0 + 4 + 1 =

:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist: inkbug !
Mega Gourgeist

Mega Gourgeist (Small)
Mega Gourgeist (Medium)
Mega Gourgeist (Large)
Mega Gourgeist (Super)

Mega Gourgeist (Small)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA
SPD
SPE

Desc

Mega Gourgeist (Medium)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA
SPD
SPE

Desc

Mega Gourgeist (Large)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA
SPD
SPE

Desc

Mega Gourgeist (Super)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA
SPD
SPE

Desc

:gourgeist:MegaFlareonkakaksinkbugMossy SandwichDrPumpkinzBotwNerd745
3-point voteswar, hema2, kakaks,dr, botw,ink, hema1,moss, zxg,flareon,
2-point voteskakaks,war, ink, hema2, hema1,moss, zxg,dr, flareon, botw,
1-point votesflareon,moss, zxg,hema2, kakaks,war, ink, hema1,dr, botw,
TOTAL9 + 0 + 1 =
26 + 8 + 2 =
6 + 4 + 2 =
6 + 6 + 3 =
3 + 0 + 2 =

:mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu: zxgzxg !
Mega Mimikyu
Atk: 90
SpD: 105 ---> 160 (+55)

:mimikyu:zxgzxgMegaFlareonkakaksHematiteMossy SandwichDrPumpkinzBotwNerd745HematemasisStitch98IsoConWar Incarnate
3-point votesink, hema2, kakaks,dr,zxg,botw,moss,war, flareon,hema1,
2-point votesmoss, zxg,hema1, kakaks,ink,war, dr,botw,hema2, flareon,
1-point votesflareon,kakaks,war, hema2, moss, botw, hema1,ink, dr, zxg,
TOTAL9 + 4 + 0
3 + 4 + 1 =
13 + 2 + 5 =
3 + 0 + 3

If you'll recall, we also held polls for some learnset additions that would be relevant buffs for Mega Vikavolt, Flareon and Klinklang. Those were set to conclude at the same time as the voting for Slate 16, so I figured I'd list those results alongside the winning Slate 16 Megas:
:vikavolt: Vikavolt will be gaining access to Thunder Cage.
:vikavolt: Vikavolt will be gaining access to U-Turn.
:flareon: Flareon will be gaining access to Morning Sun.
:klinklang: Klinklang will not be gaining access to Drill Run.

...What's that? There's something in the air... Yes, the Mega Spooky Cup is nearly upon us!

The tour will be taking place at Dragon Heaven on Halloween (Saturday the 31st), at 8:00 PM/20:00 GMT!
It should go a lot more smoothly than last time, since we're more prepared now for the issues that Dragon Heaven's IP merging cause for tournaments. I'll be setting up a bracket on an external website, and will also have a page set up for it on the Wiki that will have the bracket on it (and replay uploads, once the event is over).

As usual, you can view the explanation post and list of available Pokemon here. There's also a handy teambuilding aid spreadsheet with all the legal Pokemon and all their useful options that Hematite made here!

I'd also like to give a shout-out to a really fun project Hematemesis is doing over on the M4A Discord; a weekly Teambuilding Competition!

Each week, they pick one of our new Megas, do some nice competitive analysis about it, and recommend some Pokemon that partner well with it in various ways, then hold a little event where anyone who likes can submit a team using that Mega and at least one of the recommended partners. I'm cataloguing it on the Wiki, and you can read the full description of the event there or in its dedicated channel on the Discord!

Week 1, which is just wrapping up now, has been a spotlight on Mega Talonflame! You can check out the details about that on the Discord, or on the Wiki archive here. (I've also added the analysis to Mega Talonflame's page.)

Personally I'm pretty hyped about this event, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more thoughtful commentary about the rapidly-developing metagame.

Last but not least -- submissions are now open for our next slate of Megas!
With October coming to a close, there's a chill of winter in the air...
This slate was submitted by MegaFlareon, and features some returning Pokemon from the Crown Tundra DLC: Nidoqueen, Walrein and Aurorus!
:sm/nidoqueen: :sm/aurorus: :sm/walrein:
Submissions close at 15:30 GMT on the first of November, or 96 hours from now, as usual.

Aaaaand I think that's all! As always, I look forward to seeing your submissions! ^o^​

Last edited:

Aurorus
Rock, Ice
Ice scales
123, 87, 82, 159, 112, 58
+10, +10, +60, +20
Recover

Walrein
Ice,
Water
Swift swim

110, 110, 90, 145, 90, 85
Focus blast, Dark pulse, Freeze dry

Last edited:
:ss/nidoqueen:
Mega Nidoqueen
New Ability
: Motherly Love (If this pokemon swaps into one with less HP then Mega Nidoqueen, Their hp is fully healed but Nidoqueen loses 1/4 of it's health.
Type:
Scorching Sands - Ground-type
/
Max Ooze - Poison-type

New stats:
HP: 90
Attack: 92 -> 75 (Swapped)
Defense: 87 -> 127 (+40)
Special Attack: 75 -> 122 (Swapped, then +30)
Special Defense: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Speed: 76
(605 BST)
Description: It's CHONKY now, and it can use toxic more effectively now, as well as being excellent support that lacks recovery for balancing.
:ss/auruos:
Mega Walrein
New Ability
: Icy Tusks - All jaw based moves gain 1.5 times in power and gain the ice type. (1.3 if unbalanced)
Type:
Ice Fang - Ice-type
/
Rain Dance - Water-type

New stats:
HP: 110
Attack: 80 -> 125 (Swapped, +30)
Defense: 90 -> 150 (+60)
Special Attack: 95 -> 80 (Swapped)
Special Defense: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Speed: 65
(605 BST)
New moves: All "Jaw" moves (Except Fishous rend), Slack Off, Heal bell.
Description: Did I mention this thing got body press? I guess Gamefreak's giving defensive ice types a chance!
:ss/Aurorus:
Mega Aurorus
New Ability
: Aurora Skies
(2 Turns after switching in or mega-evolving, Aurora Veil set's up. Veil doesn't go away until Mega Aurorus faints.
Type:
Ice Fang - Ice-type
Max Lightning - Electric-type

New stats:
HP: 123
Attack: 77
Defense: 72 -> 92 (+20)
Special Attack: 99 -> 129 (+30)
Special Defense: 92 -> 142 (+50)
Speed: 58
(521 BST)
Description: It gains electric because Auroras have something to do with electric particles in earth's atmosphere or something. I'm not a scientist.

Last edited:
:Nidoqueen: Mega Nidoqueen
New Ability
: Stamina
Type: Poison/Ground

New stats:
HP: 90 -> 90
Attack: 92 -> 122 (+30)
Defense: 87 -> 127 (+40)
Special Attack: 75 -> 75
Special Defense: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Speed: 76 -> 76
BST: 505 -> 605

New moves: Milk Drink
Description: When in grave danger, Nidoqueen summons the power of Mega Evolution to have more stamina to protect her child. Stamina, along with its Poison/Ground typing, allows Mega Nidoqueen to counter VoltTurn teams since it is immune to Electric, resists Bug while getting a +1 Defense boost when hit by U-Turn. Milk Drink makes sense flavor-wise due to its motherly nature and the fact that it is based on mammals (per Bulbapedia, it is based on animals such as rhinoceroses and rabbits). Milk Drink also gives Nidoqueen a reliable recovery move to gain multiple Defense boosts and wall physical attackers. Nidoqueen can also run a more offensive Curse set, since Stamina allows Nidoqueen to be much bulkier when setting up.

:Aurorus: Mega Aurorus
New Ability
: Icy Aura (Dark Aura clone, also neutered by Aura Break)
Type: Rock/Ice

New stats:
HP: 123 -> 123
Attack: 77 -> 77
Defense: 72 -> 102 (+30)
Special Attack: 99 -> 139 (+40)
Special Defense: 92 -> 102 (+10)
Speed: 58 -> 78 (+20)
BST: 521 -> 621

Description: Thanks to Icy Aura, Mega Aurorus' Ice Beam now has 119 base power to make it much more competent for wallbreaking. Its Freeze Dry now has 93 base power and thanks to STAB, with full investment it has a 37% chance to OHKO The Pex! Its defenses give it enough bulk to set up either Calm Mind or Rock Polish despite its bad defensive typing.
252+ SpA Aurorus Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 258-306 (84.8 - 100.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Aurorus Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 244-288 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Aurorus Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 196-232 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Aurorus Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Corviknight: 184-217 (46 - 54.2%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:Walrein: Mega Walrein
New Ability
: Storm Drain
Type: Ice/Water

New stats:
HP: 110 -> 110
Attack: 80 -> 80
Defense: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Special Attack: 95 -> 145 (+50)
Special Defense: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Speed: 65 -> 95 (+30)
BST: 530 -> 630

New moves: Freeze Dry
Description: Switch in on a Water-type move such as Scald and get a free Special Attack boost enough to plow the opposing team. The presence of Mega Walrein also deters the opponent from spamming Scald and Flip Turn. Keep in mind that Walrein wants to Mega Evolve as soon as possible to activate its Storm Drain ability. Freeze-Dry gives Walrein coverage to hit bulky Water-types such as Toxapex and Mantine.

Last edited:
:aurorus:
Mega Aurorus
New Ability
: Primeval Aurora (If Hail is the current weather, set up Aurora Veil)
Type: Ice/Rock

New stats:
HP: 123
Attack: 77
Defense: 82 (+10)
Special Attack: 149 (+50)
Special Defense: 112 (+20)
Speed: 78 (+20)
(621 BST)

New moves: Recover
Description: (description is currently under construction, come back later)

:nidoqueen:
Mega Nidoqueen
New Ability
: Corrupted Carapace (when this pokemon takes damage from an attack that does not make contact, 50% of the damage is reflected back to the attacker. If that attack was a super-effective attack, 100% of the damage is reflected back and the attacker is badly poisoned.)
Type: Poison / Ground

New stats:
HP: 90
Attack: 112 (+20)
Defense: 137 (+50)
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 115 (+30)
Speed: 76
(605 BST)

New moves: Recover
Description:
Since Mega Nidoqueen has always been portrayed as the more defensive of the two Nidomons I figured, why not make it the defensive behemoth that its pokedex entries depict it as? And this does a really good job at what it wants to do! 90/137/115 defenses are great, allowing it to tank the hits that it intends to, and while Poison/Ground isn't necessarily the best defensive typing out there, being able to block Volt Switch and Electric-type attacks is incredibly handy. Heck, this even has Recover, so it ends up being a really sustainable defensive threat.

But that's not even the best part of this mon. The real perks of this mon come from its ability - Corrupted Carapace. This effectively grants it a much stronger version of Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs ability, turning it from a sitting duck against offensive threats (even if 112 base attack is decent) into an effective anti-offense measure. As the only way you're ever going to break this is with really strong neutral or super-effective moves, this basically turns the high damage output these moves could have against the attacker. Just take a look at this calc, for instance:

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Nidoqueen: 398-470 (103.6 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah. Now imagine that damage being reflected right back at you. While you may have killed your opponent's mega, it took your strongest wallbreaker down with it. Even if you hit it with a super-effective move and it survived, you're not safe. You're basically getting the entire damage that was taken by this mega back at you, AND you're now under Toxic's effect too. Take a look at these calcs:

232 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Nidoqueen: 266-314 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
224 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa-Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Nidoqueen: 360-426 (93.7 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
224 SpA Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Nidoqueen: 234-276 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While in both situations Nidoqueen survives, not only do they get the entire blunt of their attacks reflected right back at them, they also get the side effect of being under Toxic's effect. In Hoopa-U's case, Nidoqueen can just use Earthquake to dispatch of it after it's taken that attack.

All in all, I see this variant of Mega Nidoqueen being a very unique anti-offense tool, as you can't just bypass it by clicking super effective moves - no, this thing has the potential to kill your strongest wallbreakers if you don't play around it correctly.

Design/Flavor:
Upon mega evolution, the scales on Nidoqueen have turned to a darker shade of blue. There are now 5 large spikes on its back, and 4 spikes on its arms, 2 for each arm. The horn on its head has grown slightly longer, and spikes line the end of its tail.

Dex Entry:
"The toxins within its body have became even more corrosive and dangerous than before due to the energy of mega evolution. The toxins within the spikes on its back and within its scales make it extremely unsafe to touch any part of its carapace - toxins leak out if you do so. When attacked, the poisons within its body will flare up, and become even more corrosive than before, being able to melt even the thickest of steels in seconds."

Last edited:
:ss/aurorus:
Mega Aurorus
Type:
Rock / Ice
Ability: Dry Skin
Stats:
HP: 123​
Att: 72​
Def: 72 112 (+40)​
SpA: 99 139 (+40)​
SpD: 92 112 (+20)​
Spe: 58​

Flavor: Sauropods are commonly depicted as wading through water, presumably because they're too damn heavy to support their own weight. I'm pretty sure that isn't actually true at all (just like how T-rex didn't stand upright) but the imagery persists nonetheless. That made me think of hippos and pigs, who wade not to support their weight, but to keep themselves cool from the sun (though since hippos can sweat, I don't think they're nearly as dependent on it as pigs).

Competitive: Mega Aurorus is designed to be a Water-killer. With STAB Freeze Dry and an immunity to Water, it can freely switch into most Water-types and threaten them out. Aurorus can then use that opportunity to set up a Calm Mind or Rock Polish and try to go for game, set up Stealth Rocks, or cripple a switch-in with Thunder Wave. And even if they decide to call your bluff and attack, Mega Aurorus can absorb the hit with its great natural bulk (provided it's not Fighting or Steel).

:ss/walrein:
Mega Walrein
Type:
Ice / Water
Ability: Slush Rush
Stats:
HP: 110​
Att: 140 (+70)​
Def: 90​
SpA: 95​
SpD: 90​
Spe: 95 (+30)​

With Walrein getting Swords Dance and a usable physical Ice move in Icicle Spear this gen, I thought it could make better use of those new tools with an Attack boost. It's lightning quick under Hail, but since Hail is booty buttcheeks bad, it's also usable outside of Hail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)