Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

Mismagius: Ausma, RottenInfernape, kakaks
Honchkrow: Bitbitio, MegaFlareon, Ausma
Spiritomb: Hodaka, Mine, MossySandwich

[Hematite, mine wasn't included, I don't know if the stats were illegal or what]

Last edited:
[Hematite, mine wasn't included, I don't know if the stats were illegal or what]
Yes, they were illegal - I pinged you on the Discord, but I guess you saw the thread first, oops! I meant to make a note explaining it in the compilation post like I usually do, but I forgot. OTL
I'm not sure if you remember, but we had a conversation when you first submitted it about why it was illegal and how to fix it. You did satisfy the minmaxing rules at the time, but... then you edited it without saying anything - timestamps confirm that this was 17 hours and 52 minutes after that conversation - and your edit happened to break them again. XP
Like I told you when you asked the first time, if you're lowering its Defense by 30 points, at least 20 of those have to be "thrown away" and go into its lower offense, which in this case is Attack - you can't use that Defense reduction to get 120 points for Special Attack and Speed like you have right now.
Please either talk to me on the Discord or review the submission rules in the first post of the thread if you have any further questions! You might also notice that one such rule says to tell me when you edit it if we've already discussed legality?
As usual, you can be added back to the list of legal subs if you make the necessary change and tell me that you've done so! Sorry I didn't make this clear in the compilation post itself - it totally slipped my mind because I was posting it in a hurry.

--

Aaaaand we have so many fun-looking subs again ;-; you guys make it so hard to vote I swear
ahem--

:mismagius: Mega Mismagius - Ausma, inkbug, Mossy Sandwich
:honchkrow: Mega Honchkrow - IsoCon, TheUltraFinder, Ausma
:spiritomb: Mega Spiritomb - Mossy Sandwich, かたわれ時, Ausma

--but it is very hard to go wrong with this batch of submissions and I would honestly be very happy with pretty much any of them :'D
Edit: yeah no I can't justify only supporting two of these Honchkrow - replaced my third-place SV with another :'D

Last edited:
Yes, they were illegal - I pinged you on the Discord, but I guess you saw the thread first, oops! I meant to make a note explaining it in the compilation post like I usually do, but I forgot. OTL
I'm not sure if you remember, but we had a conversation when you first submitted it about why it was illegal and how to fix it. You did satisfy the minmaxing rules at the time, but... then you edited it without saying anything - timestamps confirm that this was 17 hours and 52 minutes after that conversation - and your edit happened to break them again. XP
Like I told you when you asked the first time, if you're lowering its Defense by 30 points, at least 20 of those have to be "thrown away" and go into its lower offense, which in this case is Attack - you can't use that Defense reduction to get 120 points for Special Attack and Speed like you have right now.
Please either talk to me on the Discord or review the submission rules in the first post of the thread if you have any further questions!
As usual, you can be added back to the list of legal subs if you make the necessary change and tell me that you've done so! Sorry I didn't make this clear in the compilation post itself - it totally slipped my mind because I was posting it in a hurry.
aaaaannnnnd i fixed it. (I had to take 10 points out of speed :|)

:Mismagius: Mismagius: Hematemesis, ChoiceScarfed, kakaks
:Honchkrow: Honchkrow: TONE, DrPumpkinz, Hematite
:Spiritomb: Spiritomb: TheUltraFinder, War Incarnate, MegaFlareon

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:mismagius: Mismagius: Ausma, inkbug, MegaFlareon
:honchkrow: Honchkrow: Ausma, Hematite, Mossy Sandwich
:spiritomb: Spiritomb: Mossy Sandwich, inkbug, TONE

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Mismagius
inkbug --> ausma --> kakaks

Honchkrow
BitBio --> ausma --> IsoCon

Spiritomb
War Incarnate --> inkbug --> BitBio

inkbug

Aaaaand the votes are in!

:mismagius: Mega Mismagius: Ausma !!
:ss/mismagius:

/

Ability: Alchemist (If the opponent is inflicted with poison, upon using a damaging Poison move, a random effect will be inflicted. See spoiler for what these effects are.)

Transform the target into a Seismitoad, Ariados, or Butterfree.
Inflict paralysis over poison
Inflict burn over poison
Confuse target
Inflict Encore
Inflict Torment
Inflict Toxic over poison
-1 in two random stats
-1 in one random stat, +1 in a random stat
+1 in two random stats
(Only if over 50% HP) Inflict curse
(Only if under 25% HP) Explode
HP: 60
Atk: 95 (+35)
Def: 95 (+35)
SpA: 135 (+35)
SpD: 110 (+5)
Spe: 95 (-10)
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Toxic Spikes, Poison Fang, Parting Shot, Fling

Reasoning:

I'm gonna be real, I just wanted to have fun with this one; there is no real niche niche to be had here, but I really wanted to have a blast with the witch motif and create a fun mon. It's not meta defining by any means, but it's not really supposed to be, either. Though, I guess you could make a NP set work if you really wanted.

I think the real cream of the crop, though, comes in Alchemist's function in tandem with its new moves in the form of Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, and Poison Fang: all Poison-spreading moves that can also deal damage. So, if you want to wring your opponent into a special kind of hell, then there's that to really ruin their day. Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb are both pretty good STAB Poison moves on their own right! Parting Shot is there because I feel it has flavor, and can combine pretty nastily with Alchemist's side effects.

Flavor:

le cauldron witch has arrived.

Dex Entry:

Mega Mismagius is a mischievous Pokemon, that manifests its spells in the form of a new skill in alchemic brewing. Using the poisonous liquids it can emit with its body, it is able to spread a strange, magic effect more tangibly than its original counterpart.
:mismagius:Rotten-InfernapeChoice-ScarfedMossy SandwichkakaksMega-FlareonAusmaTheUltra-FinderinkbugTONEHodakaHema-temasisBitBitio
3kakaks,hema2,ultra, dr,war, hema1, ink, botw,moss, ausma,zxg,flareon,
2war,flareon,moss,kakaks, botw,dr,ausma,ultra,hema1, ink, zxg,hema2,
1botw,hema1,war, flareon, ausma,hema2, ink,zxg, dr,ultra,kakaks,moss,
TOTAL3 + 2 + 1
3 + 2 + 0
6 + 2 + 1
0 + 4 + 3
0 + 2 + 2
12 + 2 + 2
26 + 6 + 1
43 + 2 + 1 = 6

:honchkrow: Mega Honchkrow: Ausma !!
:ss/honchkrow:

/

Ability: Blackmail (If an opponent is hit with a physical Dark-type attack, they are planted with a permanent ability "Orderly Target", which prevents the holder from ever being able to KO Mega Honchkrow with direct damage, leaving it always with 1 HP no matter the move. However, once this Dark-type attack is landed, the user's own ability is permanently replaced with Keen Eye.)

[Pokemon name] is afraid to finish off Honchkrow!

HP: 100
Atk: 145 (+20)
Def: 82 (+30)
SpA: 105
SpD: 102 (+50)
Spe: 71
New Moves: Parting Shot (give it to Murkrow too), Dual Wingbeat

Reasoning:

Honchkrow is one of my favorite mons, and I really need to do it justice; luckily, this Mega Honchkrow does just that in providing a flavorful, unique option to check offense. Its ability seems complex on paper, but in other words: you hit the foe with a Dark-type move like Pursuit, and their ability is not only removed, but the Pokemon in question can never kill Honchkrow, otherwise... if you do, your dirty little secret is revealed. I feel a Blackmail based ability is perfect for a mob boss, and I think it can have a ton of unique application in competitive, too. Through this, you are able to permanently incapacitate a Pokemon of your choice without outright trapping and eliminating it in an uncompetitive fashion. Though given it is a one time ability, you have to pick your target carefully, as Honchkrow gets a borderline useless ability after the fact. This is also balanced by the fact that Honchkrow needs to get off its Dark-type move to begin with, endangering itself in the process, and having to stay healthy so the ability remains relevant, making it an offense destroyer that requires skill to utilize to max effect. Offensively, it is no slouch either, and still has STAB Brave Bird/Pursuit/Sucker Punch that it can utilize with a Moxie boost pre-Mega. Most of the defensive spread is to allow Honchkrow to take a hit easier so it can get off its move, but balancing it in the sense that it retains its subpar speed.

It has one main move addition: Parting Shot. Honchkrow with a useful, flavorful momentum option such as this lets Honchkrow gain momentum on targets that will obviously switch out on a Pokemon they are literally incapable of killing. Honchkrow naturally has access to options such as Roost and Taunt that let it push the opponent more readily and focus on staying alive as well.

Flavor:

Obviously: a mob boss. I wanted Mega Honchkrow to fully embrace that and feel like the underlying, manipulative menace it's supposed to be, and a fearsome threat that you couldn't even see; and I hope I accomplished just that.

It is bulkier, now adorned with a rose in its hat, and a strange straw from its sharper beak, with its now piercing eyes hidden under its hat. Its wings act more like a trench coat, shaped in such a manner where the red plume from its chest is visible, resembling a tie.

Dex Entry:

Imbued with Mega energy, Mega Honchkrow's wicked nature goes into overdrive. Much unlike its aggressive original counterpart, it is much more calculated, and prefers to mentally combat its foes. It is extremely observant, and can find holes to exploit in any human or Pokemon it chooses to manipulate for its own gain; as such, it is very self indulgent and ruthless, thinking and feeling nothing of its goons.
:honchkrow:3-point votes2-point votes1-point votesTOTAL
DrPumpkinzkakaks,flareon, dr,zxg,3 + 4 + 1 = 8
ChoiceScarfed
Mossy Sandwichzxg,ink, dr,0 + 2 + 2 = 4
kakakskakaks,flareon,0 + 2 + 1 = 3
MegaFlareonwar,2
BitBitiowar, ausma,hema2,6 + 0 + 1 = 7
Ausmahema2, ink, zxg, botw,moss, ausma,war, hema1,12 + 4 + 2 = 18
TheUltraFinderhema1, ultra,4
BotwNerd745dr,moss, botw,3 + 0 + 2 = 5
TONEflareon,3
Hodakaultra,1
Hematitehema2, ink,4
Hematemasis
IsoConhema1, moss, ultra,botw,kakaks, ausma,9 + 2 + 2 = 13

:spiritomb: Mega Spiritomb: inkbug !
:Spiritomb:
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability: Pressure/Infiltrator --> Regenerator
New Typing: Ghost/Dark (Unchanged)

New Stats:
HP: 50
ATK: 92 --> 108 (+16)
DEF
: 108 --> 142 (+34)
SPA
: 92 --> 108 (+16)
SPD
: 108 --> 142 (+34)
SPE
: 35 (--)

New Moves
: Parting Shot

Desc: Behold! The bulky pivot from h e l l

Regenerator allows Spiritomb to easily Curse just about anything it wants, while giving it way more longevity than Pain Split does for base form. It can Curse-trap with Infestation, but has to switch out and break the trap in order to reliably recover, so it shouldn't be too hard to play around that sort of build. It also has Pursuit to pick off weakened foes that might try to retreat to clear the Curse status.

Parting Shot is kind of unnecessary but pairs well with Regenerator and also its just fun. It also gets Taunt, Toxic, and Disable as other fun support pivot options.
:spiritomb:Choice-ScarfedMossy SandwichWar IncarnateMegaFlareonAusmaTheUltra-FinderinkbugTONEHodakaBitBitio
3hema1, ink,ausma,kakaks, zxg,ultra, dr,flareon,moss, botw,war,hema2,
2moss,war, flareon,ultra,hema2, ink, ausma, dr,botw,kakaks, hema1,zxg,
1war,flareon,kakaks, hema1, moss,hema2,ink,zxg, dr, botw,ausma, ultra,
TOTAL6 + 2 + 1 =
3 + 4 + 0 =
6 + 0 + 1 =
6 + 0 + 3 =
3 + 2 + 1 =
6 + 8 + 0 =
33 + 4 + 3
3 + 2 + 2

Before I continue, I think it's finally about time for me to unveil something I've been working on for a good little while now...
Why not have a glance around the shiny new official Megas for All v7 Wiki?

The site has pages for each and every Mega we've added so far, as well as every relevant ability, stat spread, Mega Stone name and more, all neatly categorized and searchable. On top of that it's also got a How to Play guide (finally) for people who might be new to Pet Mods with custom elements, a news feed for upcoming events and recent updates, as well as resource pages for sample teams, tours and more!

To really put the icing on the cake, some of the Megas' pages include sample sets and analyses from our very smart and lovely competitive-minded participants!
(And some from me as well, unfortunately.) I'll be updating the pages with these as I'm sent them, and it's pretty empty as of now, even the pages with some amount of analysis are still pretty bare-bones, but maybe the pages for Mega Raichu or Mega Inteleon could give you an idea of what to expect?

One of the coolest things this site can do is actually host replays on webpages -- which is great, since Dragon Heaven can't save them as links! For an example,
here is a page with links to every single replay from the Dragapult Suspect Tour! We'll be able to do something very similar for the upcoming Mega Spooky Cup. In addition, if you have a sample team that you have some example replays for, we can easily host that and link to them in the team's description. Or if you have a replay that you think shows off the potential of any given Mega really well, that can be linked too! :D

Definitely the highlight for me, though, is the site's "main event" --
a big sortable table of every Mega we've made so far, including stats, type, ability, slate number, Pokedex number, etc. The same information as the spreadsheet, really, but it does some things the spreadsheet can't:

- It's sortable, as previously mentioned, so you can view all the Megas in order of different stats if you'd like,

- And basically everything on it links to other pages on the Wiki; so the Mega and its Ability, obviously, but you can also click on a type to view all the Megas of that type, click on the name of the submitter to view everything they're tagged in, et cetera.

Each Mega's page on the Wiki can get a lot more in depth than its spot on the spreadsheet, so it's better suited for browsing around to see what the options are, while if you already know what you're doing the spreadsheet is probably a faster and more convenient option for teambuilding purposes.

I've been looking forward to sharing this for a good while now, and I hope it's helpful to everyone going forward! :D

With that out of the way, it's time to officially open the next slate for submissions! Clearly everyone's as excited about the upcoming Mega Spooky Cup as I am, because the slate that won the poll is once again a seasonal one: Ariados, Gourgeist, and Mimikyu!
:sm/ariados: :sm/gourgeist: :sm/mimikyu:
Spiders... Jack-o-lanterns... Homemade costumes... What more could you want from the season, really?
Submissions for this slate will be closing at 15:30 GMT on the 26th of October, in 96 hours.
There are some special notes that need to be made about Ariados and Gourgeist in specific:​
For :ariados: Mega Ariados, you are not obligated to follow the current stat rules! You still need to have +100 BST, but the rules restricting lowered stats do not apply here.
For Ariados, you can lower Attack or Special Attack by up to 25 points or lower Defense, Special Defense or Speed to add 35 points to relevant stats of your choice (25 points more than the normal rules allow).
As Gourgeist's forms do not share the same base HP, they will require different stat spreads, and it's up to you how much you want to differentiate them! That said, each submission should include all of these spreads, and they will be voted as a set rather than each form having a separate poll.
Aaaaand that should be it from me for the moment! Until next time -- I can't wait to see your submissions! ^o^​

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/ariados:
Mega Ariados
Typing:
Bug/Poison ---> Bug/Dark
Ability: Swarm/Insomnia/Sniper ---> Spinster | Sets Sticky Webs on their own side of the field on switch-in
HP: 70 ---> 70
Atk: 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Def: 70 ---> 130 (+60)
SpA: 60 ---> 40 (-20)
SpD: 70 ---> 130 (+60)
Spe: 40 ---> 20 (-20)
Added Moves: Trick Room, U-turn

Description: Ariados becomes an amazing Trick Room support, making faster Pokemon like Bisharp and Dracozolt viable in Trick Room offense teams. However, it is weak to Stealth Rocks, meaning it has limited switch-ins, and it cannot pull off a slow-pivot under Trick Room, so whatever switches in after Ariados must be able to take a hit.

:ss/Mimikyu::ss/mimikyu-busted:
Mega Mimikyu
If Disguise has not been broken
Typing: Ghost/Fairy ---> Ghost/Fairy
Ability: Disguise ---> Magic Guard
HP: 55 ---> 55
Atk: 90 ---> 90
Def: 80 ---> 145 (+65)
SpA: 50 ---> 70 (+20)
SpD: 105 ---> 160 (+55)
Spe: 96 ---> 66 (-30)

If Disguise has been broken
Typing: Ghost/Fairy ---> Ghost/Bug
Ability: Disguise ---> Spectral Anger | If the user hits a move super-effectively, it's Attack raises by 1.
HP: 55 ---> 55
Atk: 90 ---> 130 (+40)
Def: 80 ---> 80
SpA: 50 ---> 80 (+30)
SpD: 105 ---> 105
Spe: 96 ---> 126 (+30)

Added Moves: First Impression, Strength Sap, U-turn

Description: Mimikyu now has a solid defensive and offensive form. Its Disguised Mega Evolution has solid defensive stats and ability, but is held back by the loss of Disguise and a mediocre defensive typing. Its Busted Mega Evolution has an amazing offensive ability, great offensive stats, and the ability to set up under Disguise, but is held back by its mediocre offensive typing and lack of ability to run coverage.

Last edited:
:Ariados: Mega Ariados
New Ability
: Spidey Sense: User's Bug-type moves get +1 priority as long as the user's HP is 50% or above.
Type: Bug/Poison

New stats:
HP: 70 -> 70
Attack: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 -> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Speed: 40 -> 40
BST: 400 -> 500

New moves: None
Description: A great revenge killer as long as you keep it healthy. Mega Ariados has wide options to use for its Bug STAB: Megahorn for pure power, Lunge for neutering physical attackers, and Leech Life for HP recovery. Also, priority Sticky Web is always useful. Keeping it healthy isn't that hard since it has Leech Life to regain its health back and it's actually quite bulky for a spider; it's slightly bulkier than Mega Camerupt. That said, I don't think it's overpowered since Bug isn't the best offensive type out there and using coverage moves makes Mega Ariados use its base 40 Speed.

:Gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist
Type: Ghost/Grass (all sizes)

Small
New Ability
: Hollow Win: User's Ghost-type moves have a 20% chance to flinch the target.
New stats:
HP: 55 -> 55
Attack: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Defense: 122 -> 122
Special Attack: 58 -> 68 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 99 -> 139 (+40)
BST: 494 -> 594
Average
New Ability
: Hallow Win: User's Ghost-type moves are super-effective against Dark-type Pokemon.
New stats:
HP: 65 -> 65
Attack: 90 -> 140 (+50)
Defense: 122 -> 142 (+20)
Special Attack: 58 -> 68 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 -> 75
Speed: 84 -> 104 (+20)
Large
New Ability
: Halo Ring: User's Ghost-type moves have a 20% chance to boost the user's Speed by 1 stage.
New stats:
HP: 75 -> 75
Attack: 95 -> 95
Defense: 122 -> 122
Special Attack: 58 -> 138 (+80)
Special Defense: 75 -> 75
Speed: 69 -> 89 (+20)
Super
New Ability
: Hell Win: User's Ghost-type have a 20% chance to burn the target
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 122 -> 162 (+40)
Special Attack: 58 -> 58
Special Defense: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Speed: 54 -> 54
New moves: None
Description: Different Mega forms make it unpredictable!
Small: Fast Attacker. It works as a revenge killer and it can get lucky with flinches here and there.
Average: Physical Wallbreaker. It has a perfect neutral coverage due to its ability hitting Dark-types hard. It also has a powerful Shadow Sneak to make up for its lower Speed.
Large: Special Attacker. It is the only form that can use Fire coverage moves consistently to OHKO Ferrothorn and the only form that has Fighting coverage for Normal-types.
Super: Wall. It can be annoying and hard to take down with its huge bulk, ability, and status moves such as Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp.

:Mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu
New Ability
: Galvanize
Type: Ghost/Fairy

New stats:
HP: 55 -> 55
Attack: 90 -> 140 (+50)
Defense: 80 -> 80
Special Attack: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Special Defense: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Speed: 96 -> 116 (+20)
BST: 476 -> 576

New moves: Double-Edge
Description: Mega Mimikyu wants to be Pikachu so much that its Normal moves now become boosted Electric-type moves! Electric coverage is always useful so it could smack Toxapex and Corviknight hard. Add its STABs and Wood Hammer and you have perfect coverage for your Mega Mimikyu!

:sm/gourgeist:
Gourgeist-smol
Gourgeist
Gourgeist-lonk
Gourgeist-giant
Ghost, Grass
Life sap (all moves get 33% draining, stacks with giga drain and etc)
55, 125, 122, 58, 75, 159
65, 160, 132, 68, 85, 84
75, 105, 122, 58, 165, 69
85, 130, 192, 58, 75, 54
+40, +60+70, +10, +10, +10+10, +90+30, +70
Parting shot, Flare blitz, Thunder wave, Reflect
:sm/mimikyu:
Mimikyu
Ghost, Dark
Nemesis (megamax ab, copies stat changes when switching in)
55, 180, 80, 60, 105, 96
+90, +10
Switcheroo
:sm/ariados:
Ariados
Bug, Poison
Sticky residues (when eswitching in or megaing, sets an terrain effect by 5 turns that makes every hazard unclearable and uncourtchangeable. compatible with light clay)
70, 150, 90, 60, 90, 40
+60, +20, +20

Spikes
Ab effect name: Sticky field
Ab effect activation: "pokemon" set up sticky residues in the battlefield!​

Last edited:

inkbug

:gourgeist:
Mega Gourgeist
For each Size's specific stats and description, please view the hide box below! Here is a summary of each one:

:xy/gourgeist-small:
Mega Gourgeist (Small)
New Ability: Prankster
Typing: Ghost/Grass (Unchanged)
:xy/gourgeist:
Mega Gourgeist (Medium)
New Ability: Weak Armor
:xy/gourgeist-large:
Mega Gourgeist (Large)
New Ability: Flash Fire
:xy/gourgeist-super:
Mega Gourgeist (Super)
New Ability: Stamina
Typing: Fire/Grass

New moves for all of them: Strength Sap, Body Press, Flare Blitz, Encore, Parting Shot
:xy/gourgeist-small:
Mega Gourgeist (Small)
New Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia --> Prankster
New Typing: Ghost/Grass (Unchanged)

New Stats:
HP: 55
ATK: 85 (--)
DEF
: 122 (--)
SPA
: 58 --> 85 (+27)
SPD
: 75 --> 140 (+65)
SPE
: 99 --> 107 (+8)

Desc
: Given the option of "Trick or Treat", this little dude definitely went for Trick. Prankster-boosted Strength Sap, Will-o-Wisp, Encore, Parting Shot, Curse, Synthesis, Disable, Destiny Bond, and Leech Seed (and maybe even Worry Seed, Pain Split, Trick-or-Treat, Nature Power or Imprison in edge cases) paired with its naturally high Defense (and especially Sap & Wisp with its massively boosted Special Defense) give Gourgeist-Small all the tools it could possibly need to be an absolute nuisance.

:xy/gourgeist:
Mega Gourgeist (Medium)
New Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia --> Weak Armor

New Stats:
HP: 65
ATK: 90 --> 58 (swapped w/ SpA)
DEF
: 122 --> 147 (+25)
SPA
: 58 --> 145 (swapped w/ Atk & +55)
SPD
: 75 --> 95 (+20)
SPE
: 84 (--)

Desc
: While more hard-hitting than Small and faster than Super, the in-between sized Gourgeists have always found themselves in sort of a weird spot, not quite as well suited to specialize in one direction or another. This Mega tries to capitalize on Gourgeist's impressive existing Special movepool and Nasty Plot access, while also taking advantage of its high Defense stat to let it "safely" activate Weak Armor.

Especially with the inclusion of Strength Sap in its moveset, it's sort of like if a physically bulkier Polteageist got STAB on Giga Drain, and also Hidden Power!

:xy/gourgeist-large:
Mega Gourgeist (Large)
New Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia --> Flash Fire

New Stats:
HP: 75
ATK: 95 --> 100 (+5)
DEF
: 122 --> 125 (+3)
SPA
: 58 --> 100 (+42)
SPD
: 75 --> 125 (+50)
SPE
: 69 (--)

Desc
: While not becoming a "real" Fire-type, this Gourgeist gains the ability to have Fire pseudo-STAB via Flash Fire, while still resisting nearly all the coverage options most Fire-types run -- notably, almost completely walling Rotom-Heat and Heatran, as well as causing significant problems for Volcarona, both Mega Charizards so long as Y isn't running Flying STAB, and Victini (not to mention how it's a good defensive typing for some of M4A's staples, notably giving Mega Raichu a real hard time).

It's not going to be dealing a ton of damage off the bat, but it can take advantage of the switches it forces to Nasty Plot, or to drop a Leech Seed, Wisp or Strength Sap onto the fresh switch. Or Curse -- this Gourgeist size is probably the best suited for disruptive Curse usage, with a good deal more HP aiding its general bulk than Small, and tons of options for recovering that lost HP.

Plus - it's not really fast enough to pull this off against anything other than the slowest bulky attackers, but Encore access alongside three different type immunities could potentially make for a very rude surprise!

:xy/gourgeist-super:
Mega Gourgeist (Super)
New Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia --> Stamina
New Typing: Fire/Grass

New Stats:
HP: 85
ATK: 100 --> 145 (+45)
DEF
: 122 --> 147 (+25)
SPA
: 58 --> 68 (+10)
SPD
: 75 --> 95 (+20)
SPE
: 54 (--)

Desc
: With the combination of Strength Sap, Stamina, the ability to use the stat-boosting variety of Curse and its godlike HP/Defense combination, this big boy becomes a damn near immovable physical wall! Throw in Body Press or Rock Slide, Flare Blitz with a healthy dose of recovery options on the side, and Power Whip/Seed Bomb and you've got a recipe for success!

Fire/Grass is a real decent defensive type - weak to Poison, Flying and Rock, resists Electric, Grass, Steel & Fairy - and its main issue offensively is mainly "other Fire-types". Plus its typing means it can't be burned!

:ariados:
Mega Ariados
New Ability
: Infecting Touch (If the opponent has any stat drops or status ailments, and this pokemon uses a damaging move of any kind, a random stat drop will be inflicted on the opponent, other than stat drops which affect evasion or accuracy.)
Type: Bug / Poison

New stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 130 (+40)
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 35 (-25)
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 125 (+85)
(500 BST)

New moves: Gunk Shot, Knock Off
Description:
This Mega Ariados intends to take advantage of status ailments to cripple the opponent as much as possible before finishing them off with a killing blow. The fact that its ability inflicts a completely random stat drop is incredibly useful, as while you might get something useless (oh, say, -1 special attack against something like Cinderace or -1 attack against something like Blissey), you also might get something really useful, like -1 speed against Ash-Greninja or Dragapult. While it's very luck-based in most situations, it's also extremely useful as well.

Despite this, Mega Ariados still suffers from a bad offensive typing - Bug/Poison isn't exactly the best STAB combo, not to mention that it lacks coverage aside from Knock Off and (maybe) Stomping Tantrum, meaning that quite a bit will usually wall its STABs. In the case of Corviknight, it completely is walled. 70/70/70 defenses aren't great uninvested, and even at -1 attack/special attack most strong attacks will still 2HKO it, or if it's a super effective attack, OHKO it.

:mimikyu:
Mega Mimikyu
New Ability
: Cursed Cloak (When this pokemon is hit with a physical attack and takes more than 50% damage from that attack, Disguise's effects are reactivated.)
Type: Ghost / Fairy

New stats (busted):
Attack: 130 (+40)
Defense: 90 (+10)
Special Attack: 80 (+30)
Special Defense: 115 (+10)
Speed: 106 (+10)
(576 BST)

New moves: Close Combat
Description:
Boost up, stomach a physical attack, and then escape at 3 miles per hour rinse and repeat. Need I say more? :)

Last edited:
Hey, everyone!!! Here with the coding update of the day!! Sorry this is so much later than usual - yes, I did spend about six of the last eight hours getting Alchemist to work. :')
BUT
it finally works
exactly as it should
and it's hilarious.
Anyway!! The pull request for slate 15 is in!
Whenever it's approved, you'll be able to play with Ausma's :mismagius: Mega Mismagius and :honchkrow: Mega Honchkrow and inkbug's :spiritomb: Mega Spiritomb, the former two using the Mega Stones Mismaginite and Honchkronite and Spiritomb using the Odd Keystone.
This was inkbug's idea and it's brilliant.
I'll be updating the spreadsheet shortly now that I've finished the coding!

In other news, the poll for slate 17 is now available!

---

I also have a sub for the current slate! I love Mimikyu so much ;w;

:mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu
New Ability: Disguise -> Fearful Embrace
(When Mimikyu's HP is reduced to half or less by direct damage from an attack, the attacker's Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed are all reduced by 1 stage.)

New Stats:
Attack: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Speed: 96
(576 BST)

New moves: Poltergeist, Cotton Guard
Description:
The idea here is to make Mega Mimikyu into a good user of draining moves, like Drain Punch, by indirectly boosting their power when it needs them the most - especially if it goes Speed-uninvested, making it so the debuff happens before it uses them - and rewarding the HP drain with a chance to activate its Ability more than a single time.
On the other hand, I'm choosing not to give it reliable recovery, because that would enable its Ability to be abused a lot more.

Naturally, without the ability to hold a Lum Berry and with its significant reliance on setup, this Mega Mimikyu is extremely status-weak and should not be difficult to force out, which I hope will effectively counterbalance the ease with which Disguise and Fearful Embrace allow it to set up.
It's worth noting that this also doesn't hit nearly as hard as its base form with a boosting item like a Life Orb - this is meant to be an alternative, defensive angle that trades less immediate power for better bulk and ease of boosting, but the base form still offers more raw power and was rather significantly buffed in itself by the addition of Poltergeist. We did discuss this in the Discord and decided that it would be acceptable to add Poltergeist to Mimikyu!

I feel like this has the potential to be a really neat tank - not many Pokémon can play defensive roles with nothing but draining attacks for recovery, but I think this has the tools it needs to make that work? I would really enjoy using something like this, and the depth of HP management it requires to use effectively should make it a very unique Pokémon to use!

(Just for fun: the Ability name is a silly sort of double-meaning - it could either imply that Mimikyu is frightened or that it's terrifying!
I feel that both of these suit the effect of the Ability; many stat-lowering moves, like Tearful Look, Fake Tears and Tail Whip, lower the opponent's stats because the user seems vulnerable or cute, but others, like Screech, Parting Shot and Eerie Impulse, do it by frightening the opponent instead. Who can say which of these is more applicable to the shy but terrifying form of Mega Mimikyu...?)

---

As far as the sets this might run...
I know I would run something like Cotton Guard / Swords Dance / Poltergeist / Drain Punch, but I can also realistically see it wanting to run Fairy STAB and/or Shadow Sneak like base Mimikyu does as well. In particular, Cotton Guard strikes me as something that could actually really come in handy as a free, safe buff on the turn of Disguise, but I'm not sure whether most people would run Cotton Guard or not because defense buffs usually aren't considered viable.

Here's a fun fact about this sub! The omni-debuff from Fearful Embrace is actually a reference to what we now know was a planned effect for Let's Snuggle Forever that didn't make the cut. In terms of raw power, I don't expect this to be overpowered - it's worth remembering that the opponent can just switch out and clear the debuff quite easily, and it's not triggering it right after using a super-powerful Fairy move that will doubtless leave the opponent vulnerable in itself - but it still grants Mimikyu more opportunities to set up with Swords Dance while incentivizing a set of moves that Mimikyu doesn't often run.

I also just really want a bulky Mega Mimikyu in general
I regularly run Drain Punch Mimikyu with a freaking Kee Berry - I just want to make that kind of set actually viable :'D

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:ss/ariados:
:ariados: Mega Ariados
New Ability
: Caught in the web (If the target was affected by a web move since they switched in, this pokemon deals 50% more damage)
Type: Bug/Poison

New stats: 70/140/90/40/70/90
HP: 70 (+0)
Attack: 90 --> 140 (+50)
Defense: 70 -->90 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 --> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 70 (+0)
Speed: 40 --> 90 (+50)
(BST) 400 --> 500 (+100)

New moves: Drill Run, Gunk Shot, Knock Off, U-Turn, First Impression
Sticky Web, String Shot, Toxic Thread, Spider Web
Description: This Ariados has a simple goal: Set up Sticky Web. Once that is done, it can outspeed most pokemons and deal high damage. It has access to new moves such as Drill Run to hit Poison, Fire, Steel or Rock types that could annoy you, U-turn to get out of dangerous situation and First Impression which can revenge-kill dangerous threats such as greninja. It also has access to spider web to not only trap defensive pokemons but also boost its damage output. Overall, I think that, because of the little setup it requires, Mega-Ariados would be a very effective offensive pokemon.

:ss/mimikyu:
:mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu
New Ability
: Imitate (This pokemon's secondary type changes to the primary type of the opposite pokemon when it switches-in or mega-evolves and its fairy type moves become that new type.)

New stats: 55/110/90/110/105/106
HP: 55 (+0)
Attack: 90 --> 110 (+20)
Defense: 80 --> 90 (+10)
Special Attack: 50 --> 110 (+60)
Special Defense: 105 (+0)
Speed: 96 --> 106 (+10)
(BST) 476 --> 576 (+100)

New moves: Poltergeist, Nasty Plot, Synchronoise, Moonblast, (Reflect Type)
Description: With its imitate ability, it can switch-into many attacks since most types resist themselves. It can also set-up easily thanks to disguise before mega-evolving and it can even use special sets thanks to having nasty plot now. It can use synchronoise very well if you want to use a special set. Its ability works kind of like trace where it can be very bad in certain cases or win you the game in others.

:ss/gourgeist:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist
New Ability
: Phantom Fire: Always crits when target it burned (Merciless clone)
Type: Fire/Grass

New stats: 65/130/122/58/110/109
HP: 65 (+0)
Attack: 90 --> 130 (+40)
Defense: 122 (+0)
Special Attack: 58 (+0)
Special Defense: 75 --> 110 (+35)
Speed: 84 --> 109 (+25)
(BST) 494 --> 594

New moves: Flare Blitz, Inferno, Parting Shot, Leaf Storm, Overheat

:ss/gourgeist-small:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist-Small
New Ability
: Phantom Fire
Type: Fire/Grass

New stats: 55/58/122/130/95/134
HP: 55 (+0)
Attack: 85 --> 58 (-27)
Defense: 122 (+0)
Special Attack: 58 --> 130 (+72)
Special Defense: 75 --> 95 (+20)
Speed: 99 --> 134 (+35)
(BST) 494 --> 594

:ss/gourgeist-large:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist-Large
New Ability
Type: Ghost/Fire

New stats: 75/135/132/58/105/89
HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 95 --> 135 (+40)
Defense: 122 --> 132 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 --> 105 (+30)
Speed: 69 --> 89 (+20)
(BST) 494 --> 594

:ss/gourgeist-super:
:gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist-Super
New Ability
Type: Ghost/Fire

New stats: 85/140/142/58/115/54
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 100 --> 140 (+40)
Defense: 122 --> 142 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 --> 115 (+40)
Speed: 54 (+0)
(BST) 494 --> 594

Description: The bulkier Gourgeists use a Ghost/Fire defensive typing while being really bulky and having solid attack. The smaller ones use high speed and high offensive stats while still not being too frail. The slow gourgeists have the bulk to take and hit then burn their opponent. They can also use 100% crit stab hex though their spatk isn't very high. They are also able to slow pivot with parting shot. As for the speedy ones, they can burn the opponent before they have the time to hit them too hard. Then they can crit their way through their opponent. They have access to fast Parting Shots to pivot out of dangerous situations and Gourgeist-Small can crit through Leaf Storm or Overheat special attack drop. Overall, these Mega-Gourgeists have the stats to abuse their ability well and still be useful even if they can't use it.

Hey, everyone!! Quick update: the patch for slate 15 is now live!

This means that Ausma's :mismagius: Mega Mismagius and :honchkrow: Mega Honchkrow and inkbug's :spiritomb: Mega Spiritomb can all be used now!
As announced previously, their Mega Stones are Mismaginite, Honchkronite and the Odd Keystone. (You can also find this information on the spreadsheet as always!)

Dragon Heaven is not up to date with Crown Tundra yet, but I currently have a patch fully prepared in case we need to make an update specific to Megas for All before Halloween. We will definitely be updated before the Mega Spooky Cup as promised!
At the moment, I'm just waiting to find out whether that's something that needs to happen on the scale of this one mod or whether DH as a whole will be adopting Crown Tundra's updates before then, as well as whether any future mechanical discoveries require changes to the code. (The patch I have in reserve is based on exactly the same code that's used on main Showdown.)
To be clear, this patch is not pending at the moment and will not be put through without warning - it's simply something I have prepared in case it turns out to be called for!

That said, at the moment, we expect to make the following Pokémon from Crown Tundra legal for the Mega Spooky Cup:

-
Galarian Articuno
-
Galarian Moltres
-
Galarian Slowking
-
Spectrier
- It's not new to the DLC, but we're also thinking of making :necrozma: Necrozma (in its base form only) legal in the next update, as it seems to suit the flavor of the tournament well and was probably only passed over in the official Ultra Spooky Cup because of its status as a version mascot and a standard restricted Pokémon.​
Edit: we've also added
Regieleki and
Regidrago by request, and Necrozma is now on the sheet with the rest of the additions!​

It's possible that this list will change in the future as we learn more about the metagame, and I'm also open to suggestions for other Pokémon from the DLC if you think any are missing - or requests for removal if any of these shouldn't be included! The Discord is always the best place to discuss this kind of decision.
You can find the details of the tour and the list of legal Pokémon here. There's also a spreadsheet dedicated to the Mega Spooky Cup that might be useful when teambuilding for the tournament!

That's all for now - have fun using the newest slate and preparing for the tournament, everyone!!

Last edited:
:sm/ariados:
:bw/ariados:
:ariados:
Ariados-Mega
Bug/Poison
Ability: No Guard

HP: 70->70
Attack: 90->135
Defense: 70->70
Special Attack: 60->45 (-25)
Special Defense: 70->70
Speed: 40->120
New Moves: First Impression, Gunk Shot, U-turn, Cross Chop
just a simple wallbreaker. nice speed tier, strong and accurate STABs. Meh bulk and SR weak tho. Sucks at trading hits bc of No Guard and frailty

Last edited:
You know what's a cool ability? As One. Let's do something like that.

gourgeist-stack.png

Mega Gourgeist
Type:
Ghost / Grass
Ability: Quad Body (Tangled Hair + Sweet Veil + Forewarn + Flash Fire)
Stats: Att +20, Def +20, SpA +30, SpD +45, Spe -15 (uniform changes on the off chance this mod gets crossed with Mix and Mega)
Att: 105
Def: 142
SpA: 88
SpD: 120
Spe: 84
HP: 65
Att: 110
Spe: 69
HP: 75
Att: 115
Spe: 54
HP: 85
Att: 120
Spe: 39

Mega Gourgeist sees all four sizes stack on top of one another, with each gaining a different ability to reference a different aspect of Gourgeist.
Tangled Hair: Gourgeist's arms are really its hair, or are at least described as "hair-like".
Sweet Veil: What's trick-or-treating without candy?
Forewarn: It is a ghost, and as such has otherworldly powers.
Flash Fire:
I walk the street this hallowed night​
A blazing visage gives me fright​
Compose myself, take closer sight:​
A pumpkin filled with candlelight​

Despite having four abilities, most of them are of limited consequence. Flash Fire is the most useful, replacing a weakness to Fire with an immunity. Tangled Hair punishes opponents who make contact with Mega Gourgeist, though the low speed of larger gourd hoards make it harder for them to make use of this. Forewarn is a nice little bonus that can sometimes suss out the presence of strong coverage moves like Focus Blast, Fire Blast, or Earthquake. Finally, Sweet Veil is there in case MFA ever gets adopted into a doubles format.

Small Gourgeist, with its decent speed and proportionally higher Special Attack, can take an offensive role as a Nasty Plot sweeper, or skip the setup and throw around its powerful physical STABs. On the other end of the spectrum, Super Gourgeist can take hits for days, harass the opponent with Will-O-Wisp and Leech Seed, and throw around its physical STABs with even more force. As for medium and large, lol no one uses those.

mega gourgeist sketch.png

Stacking these pumpkins was pretty awkward because of how weirdly Gourgeist is shaped. Small Gourgeist is cheerful and holds candy. Medium Gourgeist's hair-arms have grown to gigantic proportions, now acting as the primary arms of the whole stack. Large Gourgeist has no light coming from within, and stares blankly. Super Gourgeist has a menacing expression with flames pouring out of its "eyes" and "mouth".

:ss/mimikyu:
Mega Mimikyu
Type:
Ghost / Fairy
Ability: Disguise
Stats:
HP: 55​
Att: 125 (+35)​
Def: 80​
SpA: 90 (+40)​
SpD: 120 (+15)​
Spe: 106 (+10)​

Use Disguise to eat a hit while you Swords Dance, then Mega Evolve and do the same thing again. It's pretty vanilla, but you can't go wrong with a free* +4 boost in Attack.

*not including two payments of 1/8 your max health for shipping and handling

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)