Pokemon Merchandise thread

My favourite line of plushies are the fit plushies you have with all the Kanto and Johto Pokemon.

My team if I was a trainer in the anime, or a Grass Gym Leader:
Naamloos.png

Which I used as inspiration for a monotype Grass run in Pearl, where I bred the eggs in SoulSilver and traded them over to Pearl to hatch there:
And here, it looks as if Bayleef is giving Meganium a tail rub with his front legs... :P
d2f1072e-19ff-4f0b-8831-3c9d28695c57.jpg

Still waiting for the Gen 3 Sitting Cuties to be announced.

But I am really anxious for Gen 6. Pokemon will be receiving all my coin when that line is released.
I'd love to have a sitting cutie Milotic! <3
I can't wait for that...

What Gen 3 sitting cuties do you really, really want?

Off the top of my head, I'd say that Moltres' wings are a bit...off.
They just look...smaller than they should be, and the design of the "flames" isn't really helping.
The Calyrex plushie is nice though, and I kinda want one when it's released stateside.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

These plush size...honestly htey always feel a little off. There's a bunch of them, as you'd expect, but the way they're stuffed or printed there's just something wrong I cant put my finger on. Calyrex looks quice nice, though
  • Calyrex looks fine, actually better than fine it really translated well into plush form.
  • G-Articuno I see a few issues: It's mask isn't sticking out but rather curved around its head, feet a thicker than their supposed to be, and its tail is looking stiff. We can also not be used to it being in that pose, it's default pose has its wings crossed in front of it making it look long & slender.
  • G-Zapdos's head & beak is squished downward when it should be pointing straight forward. I also think the legs either need to be thicker in the thighs, it's legs need to have more bent, or both. Finally the wings should be to its side, not sticking out.
  • G-Moltres sadly just can't replicate the complex fire effect in plush form. Legs may also be a bit too thick.
Sadly a lot of these issues come with them being, well, soft plush toys.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Going to take a wild totally out there guess that the second promotion will be eevee
Would make more sense to be Combusken...

Joking aside, unless they can color the banana I think other Yellow Pokemon would be coming such as Psyduck, Meowth, Elekid... don't really know what other Yellow Pokemon they could do simply and/or without brighter color dyes.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So, we've overlooked the best Pokemerch they just released:

Metapod Sleeping Bag

(This is serious business)

(So that's what an inside of a Metapod looks like, though it would be more slimy)

(For when you've had enough of the internet/world and just wanna go "nope, I'm out")

(Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" is different from how I remember it)

(Help, I've fallen and can't get up!)

(One day I'll be a beautiful Beautifly... (Don't tell him Metapod evolve into Butterfree))

We got some Seiko x Pokemon watches that cost ¥30,800 each, available starting December 11th. They're all limited edition, Pikachu ones at 1,200 and Eevee and Mewtwo at 1,000.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Reactions: ttr

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
We got some Seiko x Pokemon watches that cost ¥30,800 each, available starting December 11th. They're all limited edition, Pikachu ones at 1,200 and Eevee and Mewtwo at 1,000.

View attachment 292166
View attachment 292167
I think the case designs (looks like a Poke Ball/Master Ball, neat art of the Pokemon on the inside cover) are kind of more interesting than the watches, lol.

Also I think for the second Pikachu (really, you couldn't think of another Pokemon so you went with Pikachu twice?) and Mewtwo they should have used the alternate yellow & purple straps. Also, if you can make the minute hand look more interesting as seen with the Pikachu watches, why not do that also for Eevee and Mewtwo? Eevee's tail is now just as iconic as Pikachu's, and for Mewtwo you could probably have made the whole minute hand look like its tail (or a spoon and let the casual fans wonder why that is).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Ditto is now a chair.

Where is you god now?
Is that it's one of the few Pokemon which had an affect on the hand, specifically it colored it blue (like it was covered in a gel substance), moved slower, and made a goopy noise. Not exactly something I'd want to sit on.

So, what do you think will be the next Gen I Pokemon to oddly be turned into a furniture item. I'm going to guess... Arbok, Victreebel and/or Gyarados sleeping bags where it looks like you're being eaten by them (the mouth is the opening).

Off the top of my head, I'd say that Moltres' wings are a bit...off.
They just look...smaller than they should be, and the design of the "flames" isn't really helping.
The Calyrex plushie is nice though, and I kinda want one when it's released stateside.
I just wanted to say that my Calyrex plushie came in a few moments ago, and his noggin really is massive.
I really like how you can bend the arms and legs, but the poor king really needs help sitting up with that head of his. :<
But he is safe and sound with me, and he shall be given all the love and respect that he deserves. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)