Pokemon Merchandise thread

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
No idea if this is real or not buuuut
It's not. I did a reverse image search and nothing came up. I also did a quick search through the Japanese website store and found nothing in the several pages of new releases. So rest assured that Pikachu Centipede is not a thing.

(I like how they included Greninja even though I don't think he quite gets the concept)

In case you're wondering, "bero" is the Japanese word for "tongue" and likewise "berobero" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for licking (it's the name origin for Lickitung's and Lickilicky's Japanese name). So, yeah, this entire merch concept is about Pokemon who are famously known for sticking out their tongues (yet oddly no Lickilicky, Kecleon, Heatmor, or Seel).

(I'll give them credit for being creative for such a weird concept)

Other interesting things from the Japanese site:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Good news to pokemon fit fans

Shopper hasn't updated his website with full details yet, but the preview image put out makes me wonder if this is a more limted line than the Kanto & Johto lines

e: Oh no, every Pokemon will indeed be here, including a ll the alt forms (ie: castform, deoxys, but not the megas) as usual
Sweet. Looks great.

Skip IV and V and head to VI.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Skip IV and V and head to VI.
And miss out on getting plush of:

• Our lord and savior Bidoof
  • DELELELE WHOOOOP!!!
  • 3 forms and Burmy & 3 forms of Wormadam (and I guess Mothim too)
  • Two Combee with the only difference is one having a small red mark on one of its faces (I doubt they'll do gender differences, BUT considering how notable gender is for the Combee family...)
  • Follow Me
  • Cherrim's 2 forms
  • Shellos family West and East
  • Playboy Bunny
  • Hippopotas family (once again, they normally don't do gender differences but this one is very visually distinct so maybe?)
  • Rotom & its 5 appliance forms
  • Giratina's 2 forms
  • Shaymin's 2 forms
  • EIGHTEEN ARCEUS! (Sure, not as impressive as 28 Unown but the Unown both were simpler designs and looked distinct, now they have to do 18 of the same plush except swap around its colors and I can imagine someone in marketing thinking this is a waste of materials but they started now so have to commit; THOUGH if they wanted to do something special they could give us a pure white Arceus that comes with machine washable markers...)
  • And you'd be crazy to think they'll miss out on making (more) merch for Garchomp, Lucarion, Eeveelutions, Darkrai, and Croagunk; especially Croagunk (actually especially Lucario, but I'm failing trying to be funny here).
  • Funny Pokemon to think are now getting plush: The loads of Baby Pokemon Sinnon introduced for starters (Budew, Chingling, ), Finneon family, Lickylicky (fun fact there was a "tongue"-based merch promotion (including plush) in Japan featuring notable Pokemon that stuck out their tongues; Lickilicky wasn't included even though Lickitung was) & Phione
  • Hopeless Hopes: Come on, Pokemon Company, but a programmable recorder in the Chatot plush so we can have it say curse words in real life like we tried to in the games! Also I dare you to make a line of real life appliances based on the Rotom (and please tell us how many low mowers you sell)

• Smugleaf
  • The world least liked Pokemon
  • Unfezant's 2 forms
  • Bert & Earnie
  • Basculin's 2 forms
  • Darmanitan's 2 forms
  • 4 forms for Deerling and 4 forms for Sawsbuck
  • Volt Switch
  • Frillish family's 2 forms
  • Forces of Nature 2 forms
  • Kyurem's 3 forms
  • Keldeo's 2 forms
  • Meloetta's 2 forms
  • 5 forms for Genesect where the only significant change is they change the color of the drive on its back (or maybe they can do something special like it's a single Genesect plush but comes with 5 Drive accessories)
  • And it gives them an excuse to make more merch of... erm... hm, like, there's popular Unova Pokemon for sure but I don't think there's any super popular like Lucario is that they have a ton of merch of them already (though Arceus knows they tried to do so with Zoroark).
  • Funny Pokemon to think are now getting plush: Sigilyph, Trubbish family, Klink family (like, you sure you just don't want to sell a single set of piece you can use to make any member of the family, you'd only need 4: two small faces, Klang's body, & Klinklang's ring), Cryogonal "genderless Pokemon with Attract", Stunfisk, & Heatmor.
  • Hopeless Hopes: Come on, give the Vanillite plush of them without their snow caps (or at least make them removable). Also let us remove the legs and hands of Golurk and swap it with plush fire plumes to turn it into rocket form! Would also be neat if they gave Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem's fusion forms lights (or at last glow in the dark parts of them) that glowed their colors when "activated".

Pachirisu as a cute pikaclone on one of the anime's main character's team also has a bunch of plush.
So did Snivy, as, you know, a starter pokemon.
Keldeo & Meloetta also got a lot of merch and plush.

Stunfisk got an entire merchandise line.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Phione already has a plush -:<

as does Finneon
Huh, so they did. :blobthinking: So I guess I should change it to be amazed they'll be getting a second plush.

Pachirisu as a cute pikaclone on one of the anime's main character's team also has a bunch of plush.
So did Snivy, as, you know, a starter pokemon.
Those were jokes. :blobnom:

Keldeo & Meloetta also got a lot of merch and plush.
Well the point of including them is to joke how they probably originally did this concept without realizing how many alt forms GF starting giving out to Pokemon as time went along. Gen I-III were relatively tame but Gen V really exploded with them and V had quite a bit too.

Stunfisk got an entire merchandise line.
Wait what... :psynervous:

*Looks it up*
  • In addition to a normal plush there's a butt cushion (technically called a Zabuton... it's a pillow for you butt).
  • A shower mat (should we really be encouraging people to be sitting & stepping on a Pokemon that's essentially an electric land mine?)
  • Chopstick holder (I wonder how Stunfisk would taste...)
  • Handkerchief ("Here, let me wipe your sweaty face with this fancy napkin that looks like a dirty electric fish that looks like a stepped on turd")
  • Slippers (remind you, electric land mine)
  • Card Case (you'd think an Electric-type would probably ruin a card's chip or magnetic strip)
  • Phone Screen Cleaner (not just a little charm to hang off your phone (which it also got), that would be fine, no they went extra and made the Pokemon that lives in muddy water something you clean things up with)
  • Become-A-Stunfisk Cap (well, I guess you at least aren't stepping on it...)

Like, was Cilan's Stunfisk really that popular? It was a random catch and don't recall Cilan using it that much, at least compared to his other Pokemon.

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
Wait what... :psynervous:

*Looks it up*
  • In addition to a normal plush there's a butt cushion (technically called a Zabuton... it's a pillow for you butt).
  • A shower mat (should we really be encouraging people to be sitting & stepping on a Pokemon that's essentially an electric land mine?)
  • Chopstick holder (I wonder how Stunfisk would taste...)
  • Handkerchief ("Here, let me wipe your sweaty face with this fancy napkin that looks like a dirty electric fish that looks like a stepped on turd")
  • Slippers (remind you, electric land mine)
  • Card Case (you'd think an Electric-type would probably ruin a card's chip or magnetic strip)
  • Phone Screen Cleaner (not just a little charm to hang off your phone (which it also got), that would be fine, no they went extra and made the Pokemon that lives in muddy water something you clean things up with)
  • Become-A-Stunfisk Cap (well, I guess you at least aren't stepping on it...)

Like, was Cilan's Stunfisk really that popular? It was a random catch and don't recall Cilan using it that much, at least compared to his other Pokemon.
hmm, I wonder how many cards it got..
CFEFCC90-55F0-4D09-A06A-E0018892E23E.png
0EBACE39-7FA0-4A08-B45F-17880581E8D0.png
8E0B3DC8-F1DF-400E-81AB-E052DDF1DCDF.png

And miss out on getting plush of:

• Our lord and savior Bidoof
  • DELELELE WHOOOOP!!!
  • 3 forms and Burmy & 3 forms of Wormadam (and I guess Mothim too)
  • Two Combee with the only difference is one having a small red mark on one of its faces (I doubt they'll do gender differences, BUT considering how notable gender is for the Combee family...)
  • Follow Me
  • Cherrim's 2 forms
  • Shellos family West and East
  • Playboy Bunny
  • Hippopotas family (once again, they normally don't do gender differences but this one is very visually distinct so maybe?)
  • Rotom & its 5 appliance forms
  • Giratina's 2 forms
  • Shaymin's 2 forms
  • EIGHTEEN ARCEUS! (Sure, not as impressive as 28 Unown but the Unown both were simpler designs and looked distinct, now they have to do 18 of the same plush except swap around its colors and I can imagine someone in marketing thinking this is a waste of materials but they started now so have to commit; THOUGH if they wanted to do something special they could give us a pure white Arceus that comes with machine washable markers...)
  • And you'd be crazy to think they'll miss out on making (more) merch for Garchomp, Lucarion, Eeveelutions, Darkrai, and Croagunk; especially Croagunk (actually especially Lucario, but I'm failing trying to be funny here).
  • Funny Pokemon to think are now getting plush: The loads of Baby Pokemon Sinnon introduced for starters (Budew, Chingling, ), Finneon family, Lickylicky (fun fact there was a "tongue"-based merch promotion (including plush) in Japan featuring notable Pokemon that stuck out their tongues; Lickilicky wasn't included even though Lickitung was) & Phione
  • Hopeless Hopes: Come on, Pokemon Company, but a programmable recorder in the Chatot plush so we can have it say curse words in real life like we tried to in the games! Also I dare you to make a line of real life appliances based on the Rotom (and please tell us how many low mowers you sell)

• Smugleaf
  • The world least liked Pokemon
  • Unfezant's 2 forms
  • Bert & Earnie
  • Basculin's 2 forms
  • Darmanitan's 2 forms
  • 4 forms for Deerling and 4 forms for Sawsbuck
  • Volt Switch
  • Frillish family's 2 forms
  • Forces of Nature 2 forms
  • Kyurem's 3 forms
  • Keldeo's 2 forms
  • Meloetta's 2 forms
  • 5 forms for Genesect where the only significant change is they change the color of the drive on its back (or maybe they can do something special like it's a single Genesect plush but comes with 5 Drive accessories)
  • And it gives them an excuse to make more merch of... erm... hm, like, there's popular Unova Pokemon for sure but I don't think there's any super popular like Lucario is that they have a ton of merch of them already (though Arceus knows they tried to do so with Zoroark).
  • Funny Pokemon to think are now getting plush: Sigilyph, Trubbish family, Klink family (like, you sure you just don't want to sell a single set of piece you can use to make any member of the family, you'd only need 4: two small faces, Klang's body, & Klinklang's ring), Cryogonal "genderless Pokemon with Attract", Stunfisk, & Heatmor.
  • Hopeless Hopes: Come on, give the Vanillite plush of them without their snow caps (or at least make them removable). Also let us remove the legs and hands of Golurk and swap it with plush fire plumes to turn it into rocket form! Would also be neat if they gave Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem's fusion forms lights (or at last glow in the dark parts of them) that glowed their colors when "activated".
Oh, we can have IV and V but they can wait for the glorious perfection that is Gen VI.

I want to recreate Ash's Kalos team and my Y team.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
hey pokemon company you ok?
I think they're just purging their system of 2020 like the rest of us but vomit spewing isn't really merchandizable (well, maybe to little boys but GF likes to grab a general market) so went with something technically different but visually similar: sticking out your tongue.

I am amused though they brought back the guy in the business suit. Last time we saw him he saw enough sh*t going on he curled inside a Metapod (my interpretation of what happened). Well I guess he calmed down so went back to his usual business, but upon seeing more things causing him to blue screen he tries a few more calming practices:
  • Screaming into the void (Gengar's mouth afterall is a portal to the afterlife)
  • Screaming into a "pillow" (Luckily this is Gengar's tongue and not Haunter's)
  • Stare into the void (I'm sure Gengar has eyes in his mouth so it can state back)
  • Wrapping yourself up in the blanket (But can Gengar bend his tongue into a tube shape?)
  • Hiding under the covers (I'm sure Gengar can probably stretch out its tongue longer, its just tired of this and hopes being a jerk stops it)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
BTW, occasionally Kotaku does 'Shop Contests ('shop short for "photoshop") where they take an image that's currently memeing and asking people to take the image and have at it. Reason I mention this is because currently they're having one for the Gengar plush and already the submissions are looking good.

(So that's how the G-Man keeps on vanishing so mysteriously...)

They also did one for the Metapod shell a few weeks back. Here are all the submissions and here are the winners.

(Whoever said Metapods doesn't get you to places?)

When the winners for Gengar are announced I'll edit this post to include it.

EDIT: Don't know who's looking back, but they announced the winners for the Gengar Plush 'Shop Contest.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, my younger brother surprised me with a Christmas gift this year.
The delivery took a little longer than expected, given the current pandemic situation, but it arrived safely and undamaged:

He got me this handmade Chandelure Large Crystal Pokeball Laser Engraving from Michael's GlowingPokeballs shop on Etsy.
These are my desk and ceiling now.

So, my younger brother surprised me with a Christmas gift this year.
The delivery took a little longer than expected, given the current pandemic situation, but it arrived safely and undamaged:

He got me this handmade Chandelure Large Crystal Pokeball Laser Engraving from Michael's GlowingPokeballs shop on Etsy.
These are my desk and ceiling now.

what a great gift!

So last week, the appletun plush went live on the american/candian pokemon center website
it sold out within an hour, before they could even tweet about it or update the website so you knew it was even available.

It's pretty remarkable that it came around so quickly, honestly. While I figured it would, due to it being such a popular item in Japan and likely creating notable buzz on social media they were tracking, I figured it'd be a "late this year, early next year" type deal.

But I got my order in and it keep a few days ago. It's so good. Very soft, very huggable, VERY big and good boy.

Even though I only collect the plushies I happen to like, I remembered I did something with them for the Christmas tree last year, even though I personally do not celebrate that holiday: I put my Poké Plushies under the tree for that week. There is a pun here that some memers here will understand.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Japanese fishing company Duo teamed up with Pokemon Company to release two Pokemon lures: a "slow jitter type" Pikachu and a "crawler type" Kyogre:

Now it's neat and cute, and I guess I can overlook them using Pikachu cause mascot, but you couldn't make one more obvious lure any Pokemon fan would know:

(Yes, I know Lana has a more "updated" version but even then I think fans a more familiar with the version that was given to Ash)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So, where does Pokemon go from fishing lures? Well, you don't want a sunburn while fishing, right?
(That's right, best way to protect yourself from the Sun's rays is by creating your own electromagnetic field)
(Also Pikachu has reality warping power when you apply sunscreen to it, who knew)

In addition to having a Pikachu and Eevee container, Squirtle is also getting in on the deal (and probably the only one which makes sense, I imagine a turtle wouldn't like being out in the sun too long without skin protection). Each has their own commercial where they attack the normal sunscreen (Anessa's SPF 50 Perfect UV) to give it their likeness. 'Kay.

So, where does Pokemon go from fishing lures? Well, you don't want a sunburn while fishing, right?
(That's right, best way to protect yourself from the Sun's rays is by creating your own electromagnetic field)
(Also Pikachu has reality warping power when you apply sunscreen to it, who knew)

In addition to having a Pikachu and Eevee container, Squirtle is also getting in on the deal (and probably the only one which makes sense, I imagine a turtle wouldn't like being out in the sun too long without skin protection). Each has their own commercial where they attack the normal sunscreen (Anessa's SPF 50 Perfect UV) to give it their likeness. 'Kay.
Strange Ad to say the least. Nothing in that trailer gave me the idea that was sun screen. Kind off Bulbasaur was the only Kanto Starter not in that line up. Pretty sure Bulbasaur was in the top 20 of the YOP poll, and was the only base Kanto starter to place Top 30, not counting Charizard and Pikachu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)