Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:Nidoking: Nidoking: MegaFlareon, Hodaka, The Dragon Master, Mossy Sandwich, EmpoleonForLife
:tyrantrum: Tyrantrum: PalpitoadChamp, BlueRay, MegaFlareon, Full_Korbe, Hodaka, TheUltraFinder
:trevenant: Trevenant: Hematemasis, DrPumpkinz, IsoCon, Full_Korbe, inkbug, MegaFlareon

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:nidoking: Nidoking: Mossy Sandwich, BitBitio, The Dragon Master, War Incarnate, MegaFlareon
:Tyrantrum: Tyrantrum: BitBitio, かたわれ時, DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich, MegaFlareon, War Incarnate, PalpitoadChamp, Full_Korbe, TheUltraFinder
:trevenant: Trevenant: Inkbug, PalpitoadChamp, ChoiceScarfed, Mossy Sandwich, BlueRay, IsoCon

:nidoking:Nidoqueen's Big Brother: MegaFlareon, Mine, Full_Korbe, Hodaka
:tyrantrum:Primeval King: DrPumpkinz, BitBitio, Mine, Hodaka
:trevenant:The Spirit Tree: Inkbug, Full_Korbe, DrPumpkinz, MegaFlareon, BlueRay

:nidoking:
1) TheUltraFinder
2) Full_Korbe
3) MegaFlareon
4) かたわれ時
5) BitBitio

:tyrantrum:
1) Full_Korbe
2) PalpitoadChamp
3) MossySandwich
4) DrPumpkinz
5) Hematemesis

:trevenant:
1) Hematemesis
2) Mossy Sandwich
3) War Incarnate
4) BlueRay (mine)
5) MegaFlareon
6) IsoCon
7) inkbug
8) ChoiceScarfed

:Nidoking: Mega Nidoking: Mossy Sandwich, EmpoleonForLife, TheUltraFinder, Hodaka
:Tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum: Hematemesis, BlueRay, Mossy Sandwich, War Incarnate
:Trevenant: Mega Trevenant: Hematemesis, Inkbug

:nidoking:Papa: Mossy Sandwich, EmpoleonForLife, MegaFlareon, PalpitoadChamp, Full_Korbe
:tyrantrum:Tiny: BlueRay, MegaFlareon, DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich, Full_Korbe
:trevenant:Treebeard: DrPumpkinz, TheUltraFinder, BlueRay, War Incarnate, IsoCon

:Nidoking: Mega Nidoking: PalpitoadChamp, EmpoleonForLife, Full_Korbe
:Tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum: MossySandwitch, PalpitoadChamp, DrPumpkinz, BitBitio
:Trevenant: Mega Trevenant: IsoCon, DrPumpkinz, PalpitoadChamp, WarIncarnate

:trevenant: Trevenant: Inkbug, ChoiceScarfed, Hematemesis
Idk why but I just didn’t feel like making a Trevenant but I should’ve
:nidoking: Nidoking: ChoiceScarfed, BitBitio, MegaFlareon, Full_Korbe, Mossy Sandwich
:tyrantrum: Tyrantrum: BitBitio
(pls don’t judge me I worked hard on that sub) , BlueRay, MegaFlareon, Hodaka, The Ultra Finder, Mossy Sandwich, DrPumpkinz

Bye

:nidoking: Mega Nidoking: PalpitoadChamp, MegaFlareon, Full_Korbe, EmpoleonForLife, ChoiceScarfed
:tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum: DrPumpkinz , PalpitoadChamp, BlueRay, Full_Korbe, ChoiceScarfed
:trevenant: Mega Trevenant: MegaFlareon, IsoCon, Full_Korbe, PalpitoadChamp, Hematemesis

Now I can’t make the comment about how there were so many good Trevenants and it was hard to pick, since I can vote them all!! *evil laugh*
:nidoking:: Mossy Sandwich, MegaFlareon, The Dragon Master, PalpitoadChamp, BitBitio
:tyrantrum:: DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich, Full_Korbe
:trevenant:: inkbug, Hematemesis, IsoCon, DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich, BlueRay, PalpitoadChamp

inkbug

Aaaaaaand the votes are in!

As you all know, we've tried a new voting system this time! The tallying process on my end is a biiiiit too complicated for me to share with my normal tables, but I like to be as transparent as possible with this, so I'll be listing the points given to each sub in the clearest way I can, and also providing this link to the spreadsheet I used for tallying if any of y'all want to check my work! Personally, I was really excited to see how things shook out during the process; a lot of really popular subs that wouldn't have been recognized under our old system either won or got really close!!

But, without further ado:

:Nidoking: Mega Nidoking: MegaFlareon !!
:Nidoking: Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Moxie
Type: Poison/Ground

New stats:
HP: 81 -> 81
Attack: 102 -> 142 (+40)
Defense: 77 -> 107 (+30)
Special Attack: 85 -> 85
Special Defense: 75 -> 75
Speed: 85 -> 115 (+30)
BST: 505 -> 605

New moves: None
Description: Mega Nidoking serves as a direct offensive counterpart of Mega Nidoqueen. While Nidoqueen's ability focuses on increasing its Defense stat, Nidoking's ability focuses on boosting its Attack stat for every KO it nets. Mega Nidoking's additional stat boosts aid it in maintaining its Moxie sweep. An increased Speed stat allows it to outpace Pokemon that would have offensively checked it otherwise such as Keldeo, Gengar, and Garchomp while the added defense gives it extra durability to take priority attacks.
Edit: I've realized that the spreadsheet version of the tally is way easier to understand, so I'm just gonna put that here. Each column is one vote's individual placements, and the highlighted ones show first-place points (green) and points that have been transferred to any given vote's second-place-or-lower placement (yellow).
1604950225695.png

MegaFlareon - 7 (+2 1st) (+1 2nd) (+3 3rd) (+1 4th)
Mossy Sandwich - 5 (+5 1st)
PalpitoadChamp - 3 (+2 1st) (+1 2nd)
TheUltraFinder - 3 (+3 1st)
EmpoleonForLife - 1 (+1 1st)
BitBitio - 1 (+1 2nd)
ChoiceScarfed - 1 (+1 1st)

:Tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum: Mossy Sandwich !!
:ss/tyrantrum:
:tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Prehistoric Rage (Dragon type moves hit Fairy types for neutral damage, scrappy clone.)
Type: Rock/Dragon

New stats: 82/151/119/99/89/81
HP: 82 (+0)
Attack: 121 --> 151 (+30)
Defense: 119 (+0)
Special Attack: 69 --> 99 (+30)
Special Defense: 59 --> 89 (+30)
Speed: 71 --> 81 (+10)
(BST) 521 --> 621

Description: To explain what this mega-Tyrantrum is about, I must first tell you a story. The story of Drag-Mag. Once upon a time and by that I mean in gen 5, weather teams were everywhere. No team archetype could stand against them. None except Drag-Mag. Drag-Mag had a simple concept: spam dragon type moves and destroy the opponent. However, when a steel type showed up, the dragons would have a lot more trouble beating it. That's when Magnezone arrived. It trapped and utterly crushed the steel types, leaving nothing but victims for the dragons to take out. Drag-Mag did well until generation 6 arrived. This generation had brought fairies which were completely immune to dragon moves, could not be trapped and were everywhere. Drag-Mag was dead... until... a hero showed up. This hero... was Mega-Tyrantrum.

Anyway the idea with this ability is that Tyrantrum isn't really a dragon. Dinosaurs aren't mentionned in fairy tales so I'm going with the logical ending: The dinosaur eats the fairy. Competitively, it's one of the pokemon that loves Magnezone's support the most. Its outrages hit fairies harder than its iron heads and it can use close combat and earthquake to hit steel types. It seems incredibly threatening especially with dragon dance so it'll be interesting to see where this mega-tyrantrum goes.
Edit: I've realized that the spreadsheet version of the tally is way easier to understand, so I'm just gonna put that here. Each column is one vote's individual placements, and the highlighted ones show first-place points (green) and points that have been transferred to any given vote's second-place-or-lower placement (yellow).
1604950251631.png

Mossy Sandwich - 7 (+3 1st) (+1 2nd) (+2 3rd) (+1 6th)
DrPumpkinz - 6 (+3 tst) (+2 3rd) (+1 5th)
BlueRay - 4 (+1 1st) (+3 2nd)
Full_Korbe, PalpitoadChamp, BitBitio - 2 (+2 1st)
Hematemasis - 1 (+1 1st)

:Trevenant: Mega Trevenant: IsoCon !!
:sm/trevenant: Mega Trevenant

Ability:
Natural Cure/Frisk/Harvest -> Triage
Typing:
Ghost/Grass

Stats:
HP: 85
Atk: 110 -> 120 (+10)
Def: 76 -> 91 (+15)
SpA: 65 -> 90 (+25)
SpD: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Spe: 56 -> 76 (+20)
BST: 474 -> 574 (+100)

New Moves: Synthesis (maybe Floral Healing for doubles?)

Flavour: Trevenant is meant to be a guardian of the forest, so Triage works flavour-wise as it uses it to keep the woods alive (itself).

Competitive: Triage allows Mega Trevenant to abuse a +3 priority STAB Horn Leech, as well as Drain Punch, and when combined with its great 120 Atk it makes it hit very hard for a priority spammer. Drain Punch + Poltergeist is unresisted, and Synthesis means it can keep longevity in the match (it doesn't really have a fourth move it wants in particular otherwise anyways). Its Speed isn't great for using Poltergeist however, and in relation to the fact that it can't run an item, a fair few Pokemon can set up on it, and another fair few can destroy it no problem.
1604950283288.png

IsoCon - 7 (+3 1st) (+1 2nd) (+1 3rd) (+1 5th) (+1 6th)
inkbug - 6 (+4 1st) (+2 2nd)
Hematemasis - 4 (+4 1st)
DrPumpkinz - 2 (+2 1st)
MegaFlareon - 1 (+1 1st)

The first round of the Mega Spooky Cup has wrapped up!
You can view the whole bracket here on the wiki, as well as links to replays of all the matches so far!

The second round matchups are:

zxgzxg v. Hematemesis
Ainzcrad
v. inkbug
Ausma
v. ChoiceScarfed
IsoCon
v. kakaks
TheUltraFinder
v. MegaFlareon

Ideally, please try to get your matches in within one week of this post (let's say by 22:15 GMT on next Monday, the 16th of November), but feel free to ask for extensions if you aren't able to make it!

View more information about the format of the tour here, or about the ruleset here.

Slate 19 Submissions are now open!
:sm/eelektross: :sm/dhelmise: :sm/dragalge:
Yeah, there are a lot of Water-type Pokemon, but they're not the only kind of Pokemon you'll find out in the oceans - just ask Eelektross, Dragalge and Dhelmise! These fishy friends will be out and about until Friday November 13 at 16:00 GMT, or 96 hours from this post, as usual.

I look forward to seeing your submissions! ^o^​

Last edited:

inkbug

Oh god im so sorry, I made an error in the counting and forgot to elim one with some important votes. The winner for :tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum is actually Mossy Sandwich. I updated the announcement post accordingly. Sorry about that;;;

:dhelmise:
Dhelmise
Ghost, Steel
Sheer force
70, 161, 100, 146, 100, 40
+30, +60, +10
Superpower
Dhelmise got a lot stronger with mega evolution, having enough power to crush an mountain with a single swing of his anchor. the seaweed on its anchor died, but its steel is now wayy smoother than it was before.
:eelektross:
Eelektross
Electric
Speed boost
85, 125, 100, 135, 100, 70
+10, +20, +30, +20, +20
Liquidation
Eelek now get an much more snake-like appearance, and also becomes much quicker. its claws get sharper, and its teeth too.
:dragalge:
Dragalge
Poison,
Dragon
Mimicry
65, 85, 110, 147, 143, 44
+10, +20, +50, +20
Terrain Pulse, Recover
Dragalge can now camouflage itself, but not completely, needing an terrain to be active for it to work

Last edited:
:dhelmise:
Dhelmise-Mega
Ghost/Grass->Ghost/Steel
Steelworker->Decelerate (Speed Boost semi-clone, lowers Speed by one stage and raises Attack by one at the end of every turn.)
HP: 70->70 (+0)
Attack: 131->140 (+9)
Defense: 100
Special Attack: 86
Special Defense: 90->100 (+10)
Speed: 40->121 (+81)
New Moves: Shadow Sneak
C’mon guys, it’s an anchor.
Decelerate is baaaaaaack. Once again, it starts out super fast—before long it sloooooooows down and boosts up. TLDR; perfect flavor, fun wallbreaker/revenge killer

:Eelektross: Mega Eelektross
New Ability
: Levitate
Type: Electric

New stats:
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 115 -> 155 (+40)
Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Special Attack: 105 -> 105
Special Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Speed: 50 -> 90 (+40)
BST: 515 -> 615

New moves: Leech Life
Description: Mega Eelektross still retains its distinction as the only Pokemon with no weaknesses, but it can now use that distinction to its advantage thanks to its stat buffs that help it become a great Coil sweeper. 90 Speed allows it to outspeed a lot of Pokemon it couldn't have before, and that list includes a lot of wallbreakers. Leech Life provides it coverage for Grass-types while also acting as a source of HP recovery.

:Dragalge: Mega Dragalge
New Ability
: Rain Dish
Type: Poison/Dragon

New stats:
HP: 65 -> 65
Attack: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Defense: 90 -> 140 (+50)
Special Attack: 97 -> 127 (+30)
Special Defense: 123 -> 133 (+10)
Speed: 44 -> 44
BST: 494 -> 594

Description: Mega Dragalge acts as a defensive backbone and a great support Pokemon for Rain teams thanks to its huge bulk, pivoting ability with Flip turn, and double resistance to Grass. Its double Grass resistance notably allows it to comfortably pivot in to Rillaboom, which is a big problem to Rain Teams due to Grassy Glide. A slow Flip Turn allows safe entry to set up sweepers. It also has Toxic Spikes to further support its team. Rain Dish gives it recovery while raining so Mega Dragalge can perform its job much longer. Thanks to its bulk and good matchup against Rain checks, Mega Dragalge can also act as a secondary Rain setter to give Pelipper some breathing room. While it competes with Swift Swim Mega Evoutions for a Mega Slot, OU actually has a lot of competent non-mega Swift Swim sweepers such as Kabutops, Drednaw, Omastar, and Barraskewda so Mega Dragalge can certainly find room on Rain teams thanks to its unique niche.

:Dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise
New Ability
: Anchor Lock - User's contact moves have a trapping effect (similar to Anchor Shot).
Type: Ghost/Grass

New stats:
HP: 70 -> 70
Attack: 131 -> 161 (+30)
Defense: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Special Attack: 86 -> 106 (+20)
Special Defense: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Speed: 40 -> 30 (-10)
BST: 517 -> 617

Description: Its Pokedex entries state on how it likes to catch Wailord as its prey and, along with its appearance as an anchor, I figured that it could catch and trap other Pokemon with its anchor. Its ability basically gives tribute to its signature move Anchor Shot and traps Pokemon that try to stall it out. This can be useful to eliminate Regenerator cores that try to keep switching out to regain health. Keep in mind that Poltergeist is a non-contact move so it has to use Power Whip or Rapid Spin to trap an opponent.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/dhelmise:
Mega Dhelmise
Typing:
Ghost/Grass ---> Steel/Grass
Ability: Steelworker ---> Steelworker
HP: 70 ---> 70
Atk: 131 ---> 156 (+25)
Def: 100 ---> 150 (+50)
SpA: 86 ---> 111 (+25)
SpD: 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Spe: 40 ---> 20 (-20)
Added Moves: Horn Leech, Strength Sap

Description: It would feel weird to replace Dhelmise's signature (and only) ability, so I let it optimize its use. Now Dhelmise is an offensive and defensive behemoth with powerful Steel STAB, complemented by Swords Dance, and solid defensive stats and utility.

:ss/dragalge:
Mega Dragalge
Typing:
Poison/Dragon ---> Poison/Dragon
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch/Adaptability ---> Protean
HP: 65 ---> 65
Atk: 75 ---> 105 (+30)
Def: 90 ---> 90
SpA: 97 ---> 127 (+30)
SpD: 127 ---> 127
Spe: 44 ---> 84 (+40)
Added Moves: Recover

Description: Dragalge's whole thing is camouflage, so I thought Protean would be a cool ability for it. While it's stats are still pretty unimpressive for a wallbreaker, its access to a ton of special coverage, now aided by Protean, makes it pretty versatile.

:ss/Eelektross:
Mega Eelektross
Typing:
Electric ---> Electric/Bug
Ability: Levitate ---> Leech Jaws | Draining moves trap and drain 1/16th of the target’s HP for 4-5 turns. (Think of it as a combination of Whirlpool + Leech Seed)
HP: 85 ---> 85
Atk: 115 ---> 140 (+25)
Def: 80 ---> 90 (+10)
SpA: 105 ---> 130 (+25)
SpD: 80 ---> 90 (+10)
Spe: 50 ---> 80 (+30)
Added Moves: Leech Life, Parabolic Charge, Taunt

Description: The Pokedex talks about how it drags prey into the ocean, so I thought Heatran-style stallbreaking would be a cool niche for this Pokemon. While its bulk is pretty unimpressive, as long as it’s trapping something, it can pretty much live forever.

Last edited:
I am still working on the other two but Dhelmise inspired me.

Eelektross
Typing: Electric --> Electric / Poison
Ability: Levitate
Attack: 115 --> 115
Defense: 80 --> 105 (+25)
Sp. Atk: 105 --> 143 (+38)
Sp. Def: 80 --> 85 (+5)
Speed: 50 --> 82 (+32)

New moves: Sludge Bomb

Eelektross whole body is now poisonous because of its Mega-Evolution. Whether is it to adapt to better hunt preys too large for its fangs or to adapt to the filthier environment of cities is unknown but one thing is sure: Mega-Eelektros is a vicious predator, in the water and on the ground alike.

The new Poison type gives Eelektross some important resistances to Fairy, Fighting or Bug with little drawbacks. This Mega-Evolution is designed to be a strong pivot thanks to its great type, nice physical bulk and good all-around coverage between Flamethrower, Grass and of course its STABs. Its biggest downfall is the lack of set-up options outside of Charge Beam and no recovery. But thanks to its decent speed it can pick its counters by alternating between a speedy or a studier set.

Dragalge
Typing: Poison / Dragon
Ability: Adaptability / Poison Point / Poison Touch --> Adaptability
HP: 65
Attack: 75 --> 80 (+5)
Defense: 90 --> 100 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 97 --> 132 (+35)
Sp. Def: 123 --> 148 (+25)
Speed: 44 --> 69 (+25)

New moves: Agility

Too lazy for a flavor description haha.
So Dragalge has already some nifty tools. Unusual STABs combination with "good enough" coverage (Focus Blast / Thunderbolt mostly) and great special bulk to get plenty of switch opportunities. This role doesn't change much with Mega Evolution but some speed will really help it pivot with Flip Turn, lay some Toxic Spikes... or start a threatening sweep with Agility. This addition let Dragalge end games if the opposing Steels are weakened enough: at +2 with a neutral nature, Scarf Lando-T is outsped.

Dhelmise
Typing: Ghost / Grass --> Ghost / Grass
Ability: Steelworker --> Lost Mariner (When this Pokemon is about to use a Grass, Steel or Water move, change its secondary type to the type of the move it's about to use) (it is effectively a Protean semi-clone, only affecting the secondary type in some case)
HP: 70
Attack: 131 --> 146 (+15)
Defense: 100 --> 131 (+31)
Sp. Atk: 86 --> 101 (+15)
Sp. Def: 90 --> 106 (+16)
Speed: 40 --> 63 (+23)

New moves: Shadow Sneak
Weight: 210.0 kg --> 310.0 kg

The chain joining Dhelmise's anchor to its wheel is now much bigger, even enveloping debris of sunken ships. It is said that Mega Dhelmise can channel the spirit of the poor souls lost in sea by attaching parts of their vessels to itself and allowing it to be one with the ocean, the ship and the seaweed. Unbelievably strong, it can swing and throw its anchor to catch its preys or even use it to lure Wailmers. Once anchored in the seabed, it is unmovable.

Dhelmise is already an interesting Pokemon thanks to its pretty nice movepool containing most relevant Steel-moves and Water-moves (bar Scald) and Steelworker. I went one step further with a pseudo-Protean ability which let Dhelmise choose and pick its counters. Expecting an Heatran? Smack it with Liquidation and watch it struggle to get past your Ghost / Water typing. Kyurem-B seems a great counter until it receives an Anchor Shot in the face and be in front of a Ghost / Steel Pokemon.
It is very versatile but it will always start as Ghost / Grass which may limit switch opportunities. Dhelmise will need to be customized to fit the teams need as it really wants as much STABs as it can (Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Power Whip, Liquidation and Anchor Shot / Heavy Slam) and Synthesis. I was careful not to go overboard with the Attack as it has effectively free STABs but its slow speed won't allow Dhelmise abuse it like Greninja or Cinderace can.

Last edited:
Mega Eelektross
Type: Electric/Dark
Ability: Lamprey Lock (when this pokemon hits its target with a bite move that makes contact the target gets trapped which will stay until Mega Eelektross switches out.)

Hp: 85
Att: 115 -> 145 (+30)
Def: 80 -> 80
Spec Att: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Spec Def: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Sped: 50 -> 70 (+20)

New Moves: Leech Life, Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang

Summary: With Eelektross looking like a lamprey I decided to theme this pokemon around their bite which I went with locking on to the target. With its new ability it will grab the target and keep them in battle for if they have a bad match-up. I made it capable of being a special attacker along with being a good physical but it won't be as effective since its special moves don't make contact so they won't activate the ability. Leech life is there for some coverage. Psychic fangs and Ice Fang are there for some coverage that activates Lamprey Lock. Thunder fang is a stab move that can be used with Lamprey Lock.

Mega Dragalge
Ability: Corrosion

Hp: 65
Att: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Def: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spec Att: 97 -> 107 (+10)
Spec Def: 123 -> 163 (+40)
Sped: 44 -> 54 (+10)

New Moves: Corrosive Gas, Life Dew

Summary: Dragalge's pokedex entries go on about how it spits or sprays corrosive poisonous liquid so it only makes sense to give it corrosion. I just gave it corrosive gas for the corrosive part. If you don't think it should get that just let me know. Life Dew is there for some recovery instead of recover because this fits it better.

Mega Dhelmise
Type: Ghost/Grass
Ability: Sunken Treasure (this pokemon gets additional stab on steel type moves and heals itself by 1/16th of its max hp when using a steel move)

HP: 70
Att: 131 -> 156 (+25)
Def: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Spec Att: 86 -> 96 (+10)
Spec Def: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Sped: 40 -> 60 (+20)

New Moves: Shadow Sneak

Summary: I decided that steelworker was to big of a part of Dhelmise to the point of its signature move being the steel type, so I improved it so that it also heals Dhelmise slightly by it finding some sunken treasure, which it repairs itself with, since it is underwater and could easily find some down there.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:ss/dragalge:
:Dragalge: Mega Dragalge
New Ability
: Regenerator

New stats: 65/85/140/117/143/44
HP: 65 (+0)
Attack: 75 --> 85 (+10)
Defense: 90 --> 140 (+50)
Special Attack: 97 --> 117 (+20)
Special Defense: 123 --> 143 (+20)
Speed: 44 (+0)
(BST) 494 --> 594

New moves: Defog
Description: Mega-Dragalge has adapted to pollution by growing a sturdier body and feeding off of it. This way, it not only feeds itself but also helps the rest of the aquatic pokemon population. With this ability in mind, Mega-Dragalge gains the ability Regenerator since it can absorb the polluted sea its pokeball contains. It also gets higher defense stats since its body needed to grow sturdier in order to survive in the polluted ocean. Defog comes from its large fins and tail being used like a fan.

Competitively, Mega-Dragalge is a bulky pivot from hell. It uses Flip Turn and Regenerator with bulk superior to Toxapex to switch-into many hits and pivot out to let its other teammates come in safely. It also has some very neat utility such has a toxic immunity, access to Scald, Toxic Spikes, Haze, Dragon Tail and Defog. It's a versatile defensive pokemon which is not something you see every day. Of course, its 117 base spatk doesn't leave it defenseless either and players underestimating its offensive capabilities may end up having one of their key offensive pokemon taken out. Mega-Dragalge can have a lot of depth (haha get it) to its gameplay and ends up being a useful defensive backbone for teams needing one thanks to its great defensive typing and its utility.

:dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise
New Ability
: Primordial Sea
Type: Ghost/Steel

New stats: 70/151/110/86/110/90
HP: 70 (+0)
Attack: 131 --> 151 (+20)
Defense: 100 --> 110 (+10)
Special Attack: 86 (+0)
Special Defense: 90 --> 110 (+20)
Speed: 40 --> 90 (+50)
(BST) 517 --> 617

New moves: Flip Turn, Superpower
Description: The rust and the seaweed stuck on Dhelmise's body disapear when it mega evolves. It also looks like a pirate captain with its eye-patch, its hat and the Chatot on its head. Dhelmise used to be an anchor pirate captain roaming the sea, bringing rain and waves everywhere until its ship sunk. Mega-Dhelmise tries to revert back to that form as a ghost. With it "bringing rain and waves everywhere" it gains the ability Primordial Sea. It also gains Superpower and Flip Turn for better coverage and utility.

Competitively, Mega-Dhelmise has a very good defensive typing with one less weakness due to Primordial Sea, good bulk and a dangerous attack stat. Primordial Sea is a very important part of Mega-Dhelmise's game since it helps it offensively, defensively and provides team support. Mega-Dhelmise not only has access to stronger water moves and a fire immunity with Primordial Sea, it can also remove weather which makes it really good against weather teams.

:ss/eelektross:
:eelektross: Mega Eelektross
New Ability
: Mega Launcher
Type: Electric/Dragon

New stats: 85/120/95/170/95/50
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 115 --> 120 (+5)
Defense: 80 --> 95 (+15)
Special Attack: 105 --> 170 (+65)
Special Defense: 80 --> 95 (+15)
Speed: 50 (+0)
(BST) 515 --> 615

New moves: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Terrain Pulse, Water Pulse, (Heal Pulse)
Description: When Eelektross mega-evolves, it gains more majestic, dragon-like features such as actual legs. Its mouth also becomes more narrow. With this shape, anything in its mouth can be shot accurately and at high speed. It can shoot anything from simple water to aura energy. Mega-Eelektross can shatter a wooden plank with its water pulse.

Competitively, it has a very obvious role. 170 base special attack with mega-launcher and a STAB boosted by Mega Launcher makes it a dangerous wallbreaker. It can also use boosted Water Pulses, Aura Spheres, Dark Pulses and Terrain Pulses. It can even use 75% healing heal pulse in doubles. If you REALLY want a nuke move, its electric terrain Terrain Pulses deal absolutely incredible damage with 180 base power before STAB. Basically, this is a nuke.

Last edited:
Mega Dragalge
Mega Dragalge
New Ability
: Acidic Surge
(Turns the ground into a corrosive field for 5 turns, boosting Poison moves of grounded Pkm by 1.3 and temporarily removing the Poison immunity of grounded Steel Pkm. This means moves like Sludge Bomb do damage to those grounded Steel Pkm.

additional effects:
- Nature Power becomes Sludge Bomb
- Camouflage or Mimicry causes the user to become a Poison type
- Secret Power inflicts Poison
- Terrain Pulse is Poison-type)

Type: Poison | Dragon

New stats
Attack: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 97 -> 147 (+50)
Special Defense: 123 -> 153 (+30)
Speed: 44
BST: 494 -> 594 (+100)

New moves
competitive: Terrain Pulse, Roost (can be left out if a reliable recovery option is too good on Mega Dragalge)
flavour: Acid Spray, Gastro Acid

Description:
- In response to all those entering its terrain, Mega Dragalge will activate its special ability "Acidic Surge" to create a corrosive field so hostile that any intruder will run away from it. The angrier Mega Dragalge is, the more potent the field effect. According to the few lucky survivors, It's said to make Steel corrosive.
- From a competitive point of view, Roost allows Mega Dragalge to enter a field several times if needed to re-activate its ability, and make good use of its special bulk. Morever, the terrain gives Poison a much needed offensive boost and might carve out a new niche for this type.

Mega Eelektross
Mega Eelektross
New Ability
: Surge Surfer
Type: Electric

New stats
Attack: 115 -> 155 (+40)
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 50 -> 70 (+20)
BST: 515 -> 615 (+100)

New moves
competitive: Flip Turn, Rising Voltage
Flavour: Leech Life

Description:
- Rather than using its electric power to levitate for defensive purposes, Mega Eelektross makes sure it can catch many preys as fast as possible to satisfy its hunger, and evade attacks more easily. That said, I feel like Surge Surger still maintains Eelektross's ability to levitate.
- Similar to Rain with Pelipper and Mega Swampert, Mega Eelektross serves as a new member for Electric Terrain teams. It works well with Tapu Koko in theory as it can switch into Ground moves when un-evolved, and hit hard on both sides, especially with its coverage moves.

:ss/dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise
New Ability
: Captains Curse New ability, when this pokemon faints, the pokemon that ko'ed it has the Cursed Status Effect and has the water type added.
Type:
Max Phantasm - Ghost-type
Steel Roller - Steel-type

New stats:
HP: 70 -> 70
Attack: 131 -> 151 (+20)
Defense: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Special Attack: 85 -> 85
Special Defense: 75 -> 75
Speed: 40 -> 90 (+50)

:ss/Dragalge: Mega Dragalge
New Ability
: Mimicry
Type:
Max Ooze - Poison-type
Max Wyrmwind - Dragon-type

New stats:
HP: 65 -> 65
Attack: 75 -> 75
Defense: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 97 -> 127 (+30)
Special Defense: 123 -> 123
Speed: 44 -> 74 (+30)
New moves: Recover

:ss/eelektross: Mega Eelektross
New Ability
: Eelectric Surge (Electric Surge + Swift Swim)
Type:
Wild Charge - Electric-type
Hydro Vortex - Water-type

New stats:
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 115 -> 125 (+10)
Defense: 80 -> 80
Special Attack: 105 -> 105
Special Defense: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Speed: 50 -> 110 (+60)
New moves: Leech Life, Strength Sap

Last edited:
When Mossy Sandwich was brainstorming on the Discord, they pondered "what would be a cool ability for a pirate captain?" While they went with Primordial Sea, I took it in a different direction...

Mega Dhelmise
Type:
Ghost / Grass
Ability: Yarrr (upon switch-in or mega evolution, put a permanent effect over the user's side that basically gives everyone the Magician ability, in that they will try to steal the opponent's item every time they land an attack; also the activation message is "[pokemon] unfurled the Roger!"]
Stats:
HP: 70​
Att: 171 (+40)​
Def: 120 (+20)​
SpA: 86​
SpD: 130 (+40)​
Spe: 40​

Mega Dhelmise leads its swashbucking crew into battle with the intent of plundering the opponent's booty. In practical terms, this means you can punish Knock Off users by stealing their item right back, or run a consumable item like a berry or Power Herb and snatch up a new item once it's gone. In less practical terms, this means you can run no item to guarantee you steal something, or run Fling to toss your ill-gotten treasure aside and go for seconds.

As for Captain Dhelmise itself, its buffs are somewhat mixed. The extra bulk is always appreciated, but while its Power Whips and Earthquakes now hit like dreadnoughts, the loss of Steelworker means its Anchor Shots and Gyro Balls are weaker than its base form (though its Heavy Slams will probably be more consistent, and its ability turning all of its teammates into kleptomaniacs makes it harder to make use of Poltergeist, leading to a drop in power in the Ghost STAB department as well.

252+ Atk Dhelmise Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 228-268 (63.8 - 75%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise-Mega Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 277-327 (77.5 - 91.5%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 126-149 (35.2 - 41.7%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 154-182 (43.1 - 50.9%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise Poltergeist (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 208-246 (58.2 - 68.9%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise-Mega Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 162-192 (45.3 - 53.7%)

252+ Atk Steelworker Dhelmise Anchor Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 151-178 (42.2 - 49.8%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise-Mega Anchor Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 124-146 (34.7 - 40.8%)

And while I'm taking ideas from Mossy, why don't I take one of his Eelektross drafts?
Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

Yarr har fiddle dee dee
Being a pirate is alright to be
Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free
You are a pirate!

They said it was free for the taking, it's fine.

Mega Eelektross
Type:
Electric
Ability: Protean
Moves: Ice Punch, Hydro Pump, Rising Voltage, Skitter Smack, Lash Out, Flip Turn
(if this looks like a lot of moves, keep in mind most of them are tutor moves that Eelektross never got the chance to learn because it's not allowed in Galar)
Stats:
HP: 85​
Att: 140 (+25)​
Def: 100 (+20)​
SpA: 140 (+35)​
SpD: 100 (+20)​
Spe: 50​

Protean and its clone Libero are often associated with fast and frail attackers, but there's another user of those abiliies that slow and bulky: Kecleon. Let's give Kecleon a friend.

Mega Eelektross is strong. Very strong. And it's bulky too, which affords it time to boost its power and bulk with Coil if it so chooses. But it's also slow. While Greninja and Cinderace can often circumvent their frailty by switching their type to resist an incoming attack, Mega Eelektross can't do that, because most things that would want to attack it will be moving first.

Last edited:
Hello again, everyone! Sorry that there's been a bit of a wait since last I posted - we were just getting a few things in order!
I'm here with another update!

First of all, slate 18 is playable on Dragon Heaven right now!
I submitted the pull request last night, and it was accepted earlier this evening!
That means MegaFlareon's :nidoking: Mega Nidoking, Mossy Sandwich's :tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum and IsoCon's :trevenant: Mega Trevenant can now be used - their Mega Stones are called Nidokinite, Tyranite and Trevenite!
You can find the details of all three of these new Mega Evolutions on our spreadsheet as always!
Mega Trevenant is also now usable in the Mega Spooky Cup, although... I think tournament legality changes usually only apply between rounds? so at least make sure your opponent agrees to it before you fight if you badly want to use it in round two, but know that you can use it freely starting in round three!

In addition, the poll on whether :kricketune: Kricketune should receive Triple Axel was met with a resounding yes, with 15 people in favor and only one vote against! Accordingly, Kricketune also now has Triple Axel, and that, too, is live on DH right now!

Finally, the slate 20 poll is now live! And since the 20th slate is a pretty notable benchmark, we're doing a bit of a celebration!
kakaks requested that we have this special theme this time, and some people's recent slate ideas have included these Pokémon as well.
We'll be doing a starter trio, and the poll this time is to decide which one!

I didn't forget the Kalos starters! We decided not to include them because Greninja is a problem child; we're probably going to split those three up, and I would encourage people to include Delphox and Chesnaught in other slates rather than waiting for them to be done as a set! Mega Greninja will probably be aimed at M4A Ubers once that's a thing.
That said, the other four remaining regions' starters are fair game!!!

(Don't worry - we'll have all of the user-submitted slates back in next week's poll! This is just a one-off like our first Halloween slate was. C: )

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader

Ability: Luster Swap (On switch-in, the user's type changes depending on the super effectiveness of its moves against the opponent. For example, if the user has Flamethrower and the opponent is weak to Fire-type moves, the user will become a Fire-type.)

Atk: 125 (+10)
Def: 100 (+20)
SpA: 125 (+20)
SpD: 100 (+20)
Spe: 80 (+30)
New Moves: Recover, Scald

Reasoning
:

Yes, the ability sounds like hell to code, but not to worry, because Hematite somehow figured it out first try.

Though, in short: splashability, versatility, offensive flexibility is the name of my game, and that's exactly what I wanted to accomplish with my Mega Eelektross. I absolutely love the flexible, wide-ranged pivoting playstyle of base Eelektross, and I wanted to augment that with well rounded stats, reliable recovery, and an ability that lets its movepool do all the talking, while having defensive application as well. I experimented with Protean, but Protean is a more offensively oriented ability, and ultimately, I dawned upon the idea of Luster Swap to create a typechanger that can consistently use a defensive and offensive typing in tandem with one another.

Obviously, there are major setbacks to consider. For one, Mega Eelektross experiences extremely painful 4MSS, and especially with Recover taking up a slot, it has so much it wants to do, but ultimately will struggle with. It's a matchup warrior, but one that can do a lot both offensively and defensively thanks to its access to an ungodly movepool, solid offenses and defenses, and startling adaptability. I imagine that despite its setbacks that it will be really fun to scrape up some movesets for.

Flavor:

Given the flexibility of it, I wanted to put an emphasis on the flavor of light and color, which it often utilizes with flashing yellow lights in its base form. There's a greater emphasis with this in its mega form, with a more foreboding, yet outward and almost spectral appearance

Dex Entry:

Mega Eelektross's skin is an anomaly, capable of refracting light energy in such a way that allows for it to don the attributes and traits of various types. It often times weaponizes this light in order to batter and guard against its foe relentlessly.

more to come

Mega Eelektross
Ability:
Swift Swim
Atk: 115 ---> 85 (-30)
Def: 80 ---> 100 (+20)
SpA: 105 ---> 165 (+60)
SpD: 80 ---> 100 (+20)
Spe: 50 ---> 80 (+30)
Weight: 80.5 kg

New Moves
- Flip Turn, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Psychic Fangs, Thunder Fang
- Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Rising Voltage, Scald, Surf
- Recover, Work Up

Description: Eelektross now acts as a threatening sweeper under Rain, being able to have access to great coverage in Water / Electric / Ice. This allows Rain teams to have a better matchup vs other weathers, such as Sun and Sand. Outside of this, it can act as a bulky setup sweeper due to the new move in Work Up. It can also act as a bulkier pivot with Volt Switch, Knock Off and Recover

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mega Dragalge
Ability:
Protean
Atk: 75 ---> 55 (-20)
Def: 90 ---> 120 (30)
SpA: 97 ---> 140 (43)
SpD: 123 ---> 170 (+47)
Spe: 50 ---> 50 (0)
Weight: 81.5 kg

New Moves
- Acid Spray, Aura Sphere
- Recover
Description: Dragalge is the bulky pivot. Flip Turn pivot, 3atks Recover or even bulky Toxic Spikes set are all viable. It has Protean due to the massive adaption it has done, and is able to utilize its offenses to the fullest now (and it's not the same lame ability hehe).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)