Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

This thread is for simple questions that need relatively simple answers. Quote the question you are answering to help keep things organized. If you were considering making a thread to ask "Why was Mega Mawile banned???" or "Was Electric Terrain nerfed?" I'd recommend asking those questions here instead. For simple questions related to Smogon ask here.

Probably not fitting of here specifically but why do some megas like Manectric or Heracross have new sprites on the UU threads here? Were the sprites for them and the other Megas of Galardex Pokemon found through datamining?

Probably not fitting of here specifically but why do some megas like Manectric or Heracross have new sprites on the UU threads here? Were the sprites for them and the other Megas of Galardex Pokemon found through datamining?
Credits to Sprite Project Smogon for being able to offer extra sprites such as Mega Evolutions.

The mega sprites are just fanmade by some awesome users on this website, which get posted in the Sprite Project forum!

I hope this doesn't come off wrong, but why doesn't NatDex UU have a cores thread? I personally believe one would be really helpful for players, regardless of experience, with teambuilding and being familiar with the tier in general.

Is the stuff that was unbanned yesterday available for use in round 1 of natdex UU cup? Ik it takes some time to change the tiers on PS so wondering if it makes the cut.

Why is Conk considered mediocre in the tier right now? Salamence I can easily see why (it starts with a D and ends with an e), but Conk is another question.

Why is Conk considered mediocre in the tier right now? Salamence I can easily see why (it starts with a D and ends with an e), but Conk is another question.
Most Fighting-types in the tier are just better options and offer more in general. Pokémon like Heracross have a way better matchup vs stall due to their ability to beat Mega Sableye and Mega Altaria a lot more consistently. Urshifu-RS, Keldeo, Terrakion, Buzzwole and Infernape just have better matchups in the metagame and offer more to a team. Conkeldurr offers no speed control, outclassed as a breaker and even breaking it struggles with due to low speed tier and being walled by Mega Sableye.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Why do people not seem to use specs Aegislash? Looking at the tier, it seems like there's very few ways to defensively deal with it.

Why do people not seem to use specs Aegislash? Looking at the tier, it seems like there's very few ways to defensively deal with it.
its specs hoopa-u but weaker and even easier to pursuit trap, like it just gets ohkod by CB weavile pursuit, at least hoopa takes one if it stays in

Keem

formerly Nezloe
Why is there no good cores section? Every other tier I know has one but for some reason this one doesn't :/

Pubo

bom dia
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey. I want to get into this tier again after not playing it for a while. What Pokemon are mainstays/staples on Balance and Bulky Offense teams?
Bulky Offense is pretty straightforward so i would say that Salamence, Rotom-W, Swampert/Rhyperior, and Zeraora are all staples on that playstyle. Zeraora provides Speed control and is really good to punish stuff with Knock Off and Toxic, Swampert is almost mandatory on VoltTurn teams because of Flip Turn and Stealth Rock, while Salamence provides Defog and a good check to non-Ice Punch Urshifu-R. Amoonguss and Scizor are also good parts of BO since Amoonguss can shut down stuff with Spore and Scizor can revenge kill DD Mega Altaria and MB Nihilego.

Some staples on balance would be Hippowdon, Regenerators like Amoonguss / Tangrowth / Slowking, Zarude, Aegislash, Mega Altaria.

you can check the sample teams thread to get a better overview about the current metagame as well ( although most teams are BO):bloblul: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/national-dex-uu-sample-teams.3672486/

Hi, I’m new here and I was wondering why some people‘s names have a strike through on them. Below it says ”Banned deucer” Does this just mean that they were banned or does it mean that they committed a specific offence such as ghosting?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hi, I’m new here and I was wondering why some people‘s names have a strike through on them. Below it says ”Banned deucer” Does this just mean that they were banned or does it mean that they committed a specific offence such as ghosting?
Yes it means they were/are banned, it can be for any number of reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)