Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a metagame that I honestly think is more of an upgrade to mix and mega. Ill just get to the point

Equal Items

Basically, Imagine Mix and Mega, but the other items that are Pokemon restricted are allowed too. Z-crystals, Form changing Items, Stat boosting items, you name it, its unrestricted and here. Some items will still be restricted, but will have a way wider array on who can use it. Any items that changed forms will do what the Mix and Mega’s stones did.

Runs under National Dex AG, Any min with over 600 bst is not allowed to hold a item that has enabled use in this metagame. Its chaos, but not to that point.

Unrestricted Items
Rusted Shield (0/0/+30/0/+30/-10, Iron head is now B Bash, Ability is Dauntless Shield.)
Rusted Sword (0,+40,0,0,0,+10, Iron head is now B Blade, Ability is Intrepid Sword.)
Grisious Orb (0, +20,-20,+20,-20, 0, Ability is Levitate.)
Soul Dew, Adamant Orb, Lustrous Orb (Water, Steel, Psychic (respectfully) and Dragon type moves have 1.2 power)
Thick Club, Light Ball, Deep Sea Scale/Tooth (Doubles respective stats, but only on to equivalent pokemon, like Regieleki with a Light Ball)
Genesects Drives: Work on all normal type moves now
Restricted Z Crystals/Z Crystals: Allowed, works on respective “Pre Z” Moves.( Guardian Of Alola, Splintering Shardstorm, and the Cosmog line’s work for there respective types.)
UltraNecrozium Z: (Allows Ultra Burst [0,+30 -20, +30, -20, +30, Ability becomes Neuroforce] and psychic type moves can be used for Light that Burns the Sky.)
Leek and Lucky Punch: Raises the holders crit chance by 2, no restricts
Ditto’s powders: Affects Mew now too, even without Transform. If they use transform, though, the effect does die off.

Notable Sets:
Regieleki @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Rising Voltage
Self Explanatory, Its fast, hits hard, and now can paralysis if it cant kill. Sense it cant run screens well due to the Z-move, I slapped Rapid spin on there as maybe some hazard clearing.

Excadrill @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Behemoth Blade
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
Almost a glass cannon, then you notice its 100 hp. Its faster and hits harder, what do I say.

Slowbro @ Deep Sea Scale
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Teleport
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Average Slowbro set, but now its SDF is viable. Need I say more?

Quickbanned
The Pex + DSS: Toxapex, but its SDF is insane. Even I dont want this to be a thing
Deoxys A and Pheromosa with any form changers: Forces teams to run Priority or insane stall strats, hell no.
Light Ball on Tapu Koko, Thunderous, and Zeraora: God no, these where already fast and hardhitters. Light Balls just make them... worse the face.

If you have any suggestions obvious threats, speak up. This is of NatDexAG, Most Mega stones that were banned would be unbanned for testing and how they would interact with the rest of the meta, with Zmoves and Dynamax scattered everywhere with everything going on.

Thick Club, Light Ball, Deep Sea Scale/Tooth (Doubles respective stats, but only on to equivalent pokemon, like Regieleki with a Light Ball)
Genesects Drives: Work on all normal type moves now
[et all]
there's no particular reason why exclusive items can only work on pokemon of the same type; its unnecessary. mnm doesn't restrict stones for arbitrary reasons
even then there aren't enough forme changes, i'd think, to make an interesting meta
also light ball and tooth are broken, eleki breaking teams without doubled attacking stats let alone any other mon and should be qb'd; also maybe OU and below gets access to these items instead of 600 bst

I think "as one" metagame idea to fuse 2 pokemons is quite cool. So here is my idea:
Fusions
Metagame premise:
you put 12 mons in teambuilder, then mon 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6,... fuse. The mon order is defined at the beginnig of the battle.
Rules: fused pokemons have:
Sprite/name: sprite/name of 1st mon (or 3rd,5th,...)
Type: both primary types
Bs: the highest bs between the 2 fused mons
EV/IV : the highest between the 2 mons
Items: both
Abilities : both
Moves: all moves from both mons (up to 8 moves)
Level: always 100
Bans:
OU clauses
Shuckle (contrary + shell smash + high defs)
Regieleki (200 speed + insane electric damage)
Chansey/Blissey on watchlist because high hp and great defensive movepool
Bolt beak/fishious rend
Questions for community:
How should shedinja hardcode work for bs calc?
How should exclusive items (light ball, thick club, ...) and eviolite work?
Any things that should be quickbanned?

I think "as one" metagame idea to fuse 2 pokemons is quite cool. So here is my idea:
Fusions
Metagame premise:
you put 12 mons in teambuilder, then mon 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6,... fuse. The mon order is defined at the beginnig of the battle.
Rules: fused pokemons have:
Sprite/name: sprite/name of 1st mon (or 3rd,5th,...)
Type: both primary types
Bs: the highest bs between the 2 fused mons
EV/IV : the highest between the 2 mons
Items: both
Abilities : both
Moves: all moves from both mons (up to 8 moves)
Level: always 100
Bans:
OU clauses
Shuckle (contrary + shell smash + high defs)
Regieleki (200 speed + insane electric damage)
Chansey/Blissey on watchlist because high hp and great defensive movepool
Bolt beak/fishious rend
Questions for community:
How should shedinja hardcode work for bs calc?
How should exclusive items (light ball, thick club, ...) and eviolite work?
Any things that should be quickbanned?
If you're using "As One" as your premise, why are you adding to it with 8 moves and 2 items per mon? It should just be one item (held by the first mon) and a total of four moves (either two from each mon, or a total of four distributed among the two however the player wishes).
Also, I think it would be better to use the base stats of the first mon instead of always going with the higher BST, since sometimes you might want to use the other mon's base stats (for example, fusing a mon with high attack and speed with a mon like Mew that has a higher BST but no exceptional stats).

I will be super shocked if no one's come up with this yet.
You may be familiar with the OM concept of "Pokemon but Gen 1 mechanics", as it is brought up plenty of people on the forum.
That gave me an idea.
The concept is called The Good Ol' Days, and every Pokemon reverts to their original incarnations, meaning that their abilities, stats, movepools and typing reverted to their original state.
This also means the following:
Gen 1 Pokemon get crits based on Speed and have a special stat instead of Sp. Def and Sp. Atk
Pokemon from Gens 1+2 have their EVs fully maxed out in every stat
All signature abilities are reverted to what they were in their debut generation (for instance, Talonflame's Gale Wings would revert to what it was like in Gen 6)
Pokemon from Gens 1-3 ignore the physical special split
mons from gens 1-5 who have a weather summon ability (like Drizzle) create weather with infinite duration
Gen 6 Pokemon get megas (so literally just Mega Diance lmao)
Gen 7 mons get Z-moves
and Gen 8 mons get screwed over by the sheer amount of power creep unfolding around them.
Additionally, If a Pokemon is from Gens 1-2, they get the ability/abilities that they get in Gen 3, and type matchups will match with the most recent entry (meaning that no pure Steel types can resist Ghost and Dark). Finally, both Light Ball and Eviolite will boost Special if put on a Gen 1 Pokemon.

The metagame is based in OU, however, this OU will contain every Pokemon to ever be in OU, excluding a few exceptions that I will list in the bannables sections of the post.

Anyways, bannable Pokemon include:
:</p><p>Chansey: Chansey is far too versatile with Eviolite. I will be banning Kadabra for similar reasons, and Magneton may be too strong as well.

Unbans:
(keep in mind that this takes into account their placement in their debut generation.)
Naganadel: If Kartana can be legal, then so can Naganadel! All we have to do is complex ban Nasty Plot!
G-Darm: same reason as Naganadel.
Kyurem-Black: G-Darm is legal, and thus, I feel Kyurem Black may create some competition between the two.
Aegislash: While I want to keep stall to a minimum, I feel like this Pokemon is a neccesary evil, and will make a more offensively oriented form of stall instead of the frustrating form of stall known and hated by all.
Marshadow: Another potentially interesting addition to the metagame. I understand that complex banning should be kept to a minimum, however, I feel complex banning scarf on Marshadow may be a good move to make to create a metagame that can deal with scary Pokemon like the previously mentioned Aegislash that still isn't overcentralized.

My end goal is to create an extremely chaotic metagame full of huge offensive threats that keeps hard stall to a minimum. This is why I am unbanning the mons that I am. Who should I ban? What should I change? Can you think of any sets? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I will be super shocked if no one's come up with this yet.
You may be familiar with the OM concept of "Pokemon but Gen 1 mechanics", as it is brought up plenty of people on the forum.
That gave me an idea.
The concept is called The Good Ol' Days, and every Pokemon reverts to their original incarnations, meaning that their abilities, stats, movepools and typing reverted to their original state.
This also means the following:
Gen 1 Pokemon get crits based on Speed and have a special stat instead of Sp. Def and Sp. Atk
Pokemon from Gens 1+2 have their EVs fully maxed out in every stat
All signature abilities are reverted to what they were in their debut generation (for instance, Talonflame's Gale Wings would revert to what it was like in Gen 6)
Pokemon from Gens 1-3 ignore the physical special split
mons from gens 1-5 who have a weather summon ability (like Drizzle) create weather with infinite duration
Gen 6 Pokemon get megas (so literally just Mega Diance lmao)
Gen 7 mons get Z-moves
and Gen 8 mons get screwed over by the sheer amount of power creep unfolding around them.
Additionally, If a Pokemon is from Gens 1-2, they get the ability/abilities that they get in Gen 3, and type matchups will match with the most recent entry (meaning that no pure Steel types can resist Ghost and Dark). Finally, both Light Ball and Eviolite will boost Special if put on a Gen 1 Pokemon.

The metagame is based in OU, however, this OU will contain every Pokemon to ever be in OU, excluding a few exceptions that I will list in the bannables sections of the post.

Anyways, bannable Pokemon include:

Pex: it just isn't fun in the slightest to go up against, and, as such, it will not be include in the metagame.
Chansey: Chansey is far too versatile with Eviolite. I will be banning Kadabra for similar reasons, and Magneton may be too strong as well.

Unbans:
(keep in mind that this takes into account their placement in their debut generation.)
Naganadel: If Kartana can be legal, then so can Naganadel! All we have to do is complex ban Nasty Plot!
G-Darm: same reason as Naganadel.
Aegislash: While I want to keep stall to a minimum, I feel like this Pokemon is a neccesary evil, and will make a more offensively oriented form of stall instead of the frustrating form of stall known and hated by all.
Marshadow: Another potentially interesting addition to the metagame. I understand that complex banning should be kept to a minimum, however, I feel complex banning scarf on Marshadow may be a good move to make to create a metagame that can deal with scary Pokemon like the previously mentioned Aegislash.

My end goal is to create an extremely chaotic metagame full of huge offensive threats that keeps hard stall to a minimum. This is why I am unbanning the mons that I am. Who should I ban? What should I change? Can you think of any sets? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
I do think something similar was posted recently. Anyhow, this can't work. There is no clear, easy 1 sentence way to sum up how your metagame works and that is a major signal that it can't work out. 'Everything works like the gen it was conceived in.' Could work, however there's just way to many questions left unanswered. For instance: 'why does eviolite work that way? Can't we instead say gen 1 NFE's only get a defense boost since the stat special defense doesn't exist?'

The rules are too arbitrary. Why can only gen 6 pokemon use mega stones? Gen 1 pokemon were capable of using mega stones in gen 6 and 7 after all so why are they excluded? Why can only gen 7 pokemon use Z-moves? All other pokemon could use them too in USUM.

Those were just some examples. Even if you iron these issues out, new ones will just pop up. Like what would Mega Charizard's stats be? We can't average because it is a gen 6 form. We can't give him seperate sp. atk & sp. def. because Charizard itself doesn't have those.

Pokemon games are just too complicated for a meta like this to work. One of the reasons why nat dex started off with dynamax banned was because there was no way to answer how it should interact with Z-moves and mega evolution. This reasoning applies to your idea as well. For example how would Z-moves interact with pyro ball? Perhaps this is answered by natdex but I don't play it. What this all boils down to is that there are way too many edge-cases that need to be decided arbitrarily for this concept to be a proper OM. Perhaps it could be a pet mod. But again, I don't play it so I don't know for sure.

Your reasoning for banning and unbanning certain mons (pex, naganadel, darm-g) is so weird that it makes me think you're trolling btw.

I do think something similar was posted recently. Anyhow, this can't work. There is no clear, easy 1 sentence way to sum up how your metagame works and that is a major signal that it can't work out. 'Everything works like the gen it was conceived in.' Could work, however there's just way to many questions left unanswered. For instance: 'why does eviolite work that way? Can't we instead say gen 1 NFE's only get a defense boost since the stat special defense doesn't exist?'

The rules are too arbitrary. Why can only gen 6 pokemon use mega stones? Gen 1 pokemon were capable of using mega stones in gen 6 and 7 after all so why are they excluded? Why can only gen 7 pokemon use Z-moves? All other pokemon could use them too in USUM.

Those were just some examples. Even if you iron these issues out, new ones will just pop up. Like what would Mega Charizard's stats be? We can't average because it is a gen 6 form. We can't give him seperate sp. atk & sp. def. because Charizard itself doesn't have those.

Pokemon games are just too complicated for a meta like this to work. One of the reasons why nat dex started off with dynamax banned was because there was no way to answer how it should interact with Z-moves and mega evolution. This reasoning applies to your idea as well. For example how would Z-moves interact with pyro ball? Perhaps this is answered by natdex but I don't play it. What this all boils down to is that there are way too many edge-cases that need to be decided arbitrarily for this concept to be a proper OM. Perhaps it could be a pet mod. But again, I don't play it so I don't know for sure.

Your reasoning for banning and unbanning certain mons (pex, naganadel, darm-g) is so weird that it makes me think you're trolling btw.
Allow me to clarify:
Special is boosted by Eviolite because it is both Sp. Def and Sp. Atk (technically)
Only Gen 6 mons get Megas because that was the generational gimmick
Only Gen 7 mons get Z-moves for the same reason that only Gen 6 mons get Megas
Z-moves would interact with Pyro Ball like they would with Close Combat, and even then, only Gen 7 mons can get it
I agree with the thing about Pex, tho, I'll unban them because their isn't a reason to.

And since you think I'm joking, I'll have you know that I have a custom game in Overwatch where Mcree jumps to the top of the map instantly because it's high noon, made Widowmaker do enough damage to insta-kill basically anything while also dying in one shot to pretty much anything because she says "one shot, one kill" when she spawns in, and I have also successfully made Reinhardt into a version of TF2's Trolldier by increasing his jump height and speed. I live for chaos, and I may be making the dumbest concepts imaginable, but I have made it work every single time.

In case you're wondering, the OW custom game import code is QE3RD, though there's also S7WBD and WETJFT for some different versions (essentially just different patches of the custom game bc they were all made by me)

the solution: only allow mons to hold items from their generation
no eviolite for the pink blob or megas for zard
One of the reasons why nat dex started off with dynamax banned was because there was no way to answer how it should interact with Z-moves and mega evolution.
natdex ag had dmax unbanned and conjectured how it would work with those mechanics

the solution: only allow mons to hold items from their generation
no eviolite for the pink blob or megas for zard

natdex ag had dmax unbanned and conjectured how it would work with those mechanics
There are other gen 1 Pokemon that have megas, and Dmax was unbanned in Nat Dex AG because it was AG. Not sure why it was banned tho. Probably just dmax being too good.

Uhhh, Aerial Ace Kartana. Nuff said.

But yeah this is a Pet Mod not an OM by definition.
Seriously? I thought an OM just needs to have one basic concept with rules that cannot be interpreted in multiple ways.
What makes it not an OM? If it's the Eviolite mechanic alone, I feel like it isn't that big of a deal, and can be overlooked since I took a more literal approach to the item's effects on Gen 1 Pokemon.

Seriously? I thought an OM just needs to have one basic concept with rules that cannot be interpreted in multiple ways.
What makes it not an OM? If it's the Eviolite mechanic alone, I feel like it isn't that big of a deal, and can be overlooked since I took a more literal approach to the item's effects on Gen 1 Pokemon.
Do Gen 1 mons get to spam Hyper Beam?
If Parasect or Amoongus use Spore on something, does whatever gets put to sleep suffer from Gen 1 and 5's punishing sleep mechanics, or do only Gen 1 and 5 mons suffer that when they themselves are put to sleep?
Why do Gen 1 and 2 mons get abilities at all?
Why are only signature abilities reverted to their original form?

Do Gen 1 mons get to spam Hyper Beam?
If Parasect or Amoongus use Spore on something, does whatever gets put to sleep suffer from Gen 1 and 5's punishing sleep mechanics, or do only Gen 1 and 5 mons suffer that when they themselves are put to sleep?
Why do Gen 1 and 2 mons get abilities at all?
Why are only signature abilities reverted to their original form?
I wanted to keep this as simple as possible while still keeping the gimmick and vision I decided upon, so I ultimately decided to forgo changing moves or sleep mechanics based on the user (outside of the physical/special split since it is a change that may help characters such as Bannete Sceptile. I might change Hyper Beam specifically to fufill my vision for the OM, which I will explain while answering another one of these questions.

Gen 1 and 2 mons get abilities because I want to keep simplicity via consistency, specifically with abilities and items. Gen 1 mons technically wouldn't get items, either, and yet I said that I would ban Chansey and Kadabra because they were too strong with eviolite. Why are you not curios about why they get items as well, or at least not mention it?

Finally, the reason why only signature abilities get reverted is because I really like the idea of RBY Tauros (the reason why I thought about reverting Hyper Beam on Gen 1 mons), B2W2 Drill, XY Talonflame/Aegislash and USUM Kartana all in one metagame together.

Should I change Hyper Beam, and if so, should I change Explosion, too?

I wanted to keep this as simple as possible while still keeping the gimmick and vision I decided upon, so I ultimately decided to forgo changing moves or sleep mechanics based on the user (outside of the physical/special split since it is a change that may help characters such as Bannete Sceptile. I might change Hyper Beam specifically to fufill my vision for the OM, which I will explain while answering another one of these questions.

Gen 1 and 2 mons get abilities because I want to keep simplicity via consistency, specifically with abilities and items. Gen 1 mons technically wouldn't get items, either, and yet I said that I would ban Chansey and Kadabra because they were too strong with eviolite. Why are you not curios about why they get items as well, or at least not mention it?

Finally, the reason why only signature abilities get reverted is because I really like the idea of RBY Tauros (the reason why I thought about reverting Hyper Beam on Gen 1 mons), B2W2 Drill, XY Talonflame/Aegislash and USUM Kartana all in one metagame together.

Should I change Hyper Beam, and if so, should I change Explosion, too?
The point I was trying to make is that unlike what you said previously, this idea does not "have one basic concept with rules that cannot be interpreted in multiple ways."

The fact that all of this is up for debate means that it can be interpreted multiple ways.

The point I was trying to make is that unlike what you said previously, this idea does not "have one basic concept with rules that cannot be interpreted in multiple ways."

The fact that all of this is up for debate means that it can be interpreted multiple ways.
I mean, yes, but also no,,,?
I meant that the idea is based in logic. I took everything and made it so that it works in a way that I didn't make up. i guess I just didn't communicate that well with my explanation because I suck at explaining things. I don't know if that changes anything tho.

I mean, yes, but also no,,,?
I meant that the idea is based in logic. I took everything and made it so that it works in a way that I didn't make up. i guess I just didn't communicate that well with my explanation because I suck at explaining things. I don't know if that changes anything tho.
The fact there are any things that need explaining makes it a Pet Mod.
Take STABmons. In STABmons the question "does Ferrothorn learn Doom Desire?" has only one possible answer: "Yes."
In your case, all the interactions he mentioned are subjective. If anything, anything at all is answered by "Because that's what I want" or "Because I say so", it's a Pet Mod. Your question "Should I change Hyper Beam?" highlights this because if this was an OM there would be no debate. This is suited for a Pet Mod because you want things a certain way, with room for interpretation that can be settled by polls.

Well, This idea isnt much, but Im just tossing it out there
You know all those times in the Anime/Cartoon where they shoot 2 beams of something at each other and basicly the stronger beam overides the other?
Yeah thats the whole metagame idea.

Animons

Animons is basicly the same as OU, but it has one major difference: Opposing attacks cancel each other. This would only be applied if they have a speed difference of below 100 stat wise. If the speed difference is more than 100, then its like a normal attack.
For example: You have a Duraludon and Charizard facing off, Duraludon uses Thunderbolt, Charizard uses Flamethrower. Supposedly, the Thunderbolt does more via specs or something, and they both hit. Charizard goes first, but the Thunderbolt eats right threw the Flamethrower, doing damage to Charizard and leaving Duraludon untouched. This basicly takes Pokemon like Blace and Hax and gives them insane defensive capibilitys when normally they are glass cannons. Though, to balence this out, Priority does not not apply to this, so revenge killing is easier.

Bans:

Kartana: Can snowball way too easily after revenge killing someone. Only real counter is... Vacuum wave Blaziken or Lucario... who runs those?
Xurkitree: Forces ground type counter, the again Energy ball. Hard to priority kill.
Melmetal: This makes it WAY too bulky, let alone it was uber for a while in DLC 1
Glastrier: Kills any Intimidater on switch in, getting its attack back. Also way too bulky and too easy to snowball.

Suspects:

Blacephalon: Can be Priority killed, but also has Expanding Force and would benifit way too much from Psychic Terrain
Conkeldurr: Fighting type Melmetal, even harder to kill now than before.

Possible Sets:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Late game setup sweeper. Switch into weakened phys attacker, click Swords dance, and win.

Blacephalon @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Expanding Force
- Shadow Ball
The terrifying Suspect worthy set. Have Lele set up P terrain. Set up calm mind. And get KOs.

Regigigas @ Choice Band
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Darkest Lariat
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Debatable Regi set. Spam attacks, hopefully switch it into a more passive mone to start, hope you get to turn 5 in time so then you have a overwhelming 690 (nice) attack.

Animons is basicly the same as OU, but it has one major difference: Opposing attacks cancel each other. This would only be applied if they have a speed difference of below 100 stat wise. If the speed difference is more than 100, then its like a normal attack.
For example: You have a Duraludon and Charizard facing off, Duraludon uses Thunderbolt, Charizard uses Flamethrower. Supposedly, the Thunderbolt does more via specs or something, and they both hit. Charizard goes first, but the Thunderbolt eats right threw the Flamethrower, doing damage to Charizard and leaving Duraludon untouched.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the attack that would deal more damage goes through, while the one that does less will not deal any damage? This sounds like it would give an immense advantage to any mon that can deal out tons of damage, since they now basically get free turns against anything weaker than them that isn't too fast or too slow. On top of taking a bit of work to understand, I just think games in this meta would spiral out of control too fast, since it's so much harder to properly check a sweeper, and that's not the kind of meta I'd enjoy playing.

Maybe go back to the inspiration -- two anime guys shoot beams at each other, and whichever one's stronger wins out. Or the same dynamic, in some kind of martial arts match. But you don't have the martial artist go face to face with the beam guy. Perhaps in this meta, only physical moves cancel out physical moves, while the special moves only cancel special moves.

Also, still working with the flavor... should the guy shooting a beam of ice be able to defeat the guy shooting fire? I'd say not. The type system gives us a way of handling these sorts of conflicts that doesn't disproportionately reward the player who's already ahead. If you take this route, you'll want to find a succinct, self-consistent system to determine what happens in all of these matchups: SE vs. NVE (Scald vs Flamethrower), SE vs neutral (Scald vs Power Gem), SE vs SE (Shadow Ball vs Shadow Ball), Neutral vs Neutral (Scald vs Psychic), Neutral vs NVE (Scald vs Ice Beam), and NVE vs NVE (Scald vs Scald).

I would also make Speed irrelevant to the mechanic. Not that it isn't flavorful, but it's yet another thing to ask players to remember. Letting different priority brackets skirt this mechanic entirely is a good idea.

The point of all this being to give a clear advantage to whoever can use the meta's mechanic in their favor, but still leave options available for someone on their back foot, all while capturing the flavor of a pitched offense-vs-offense anime battle. You don't have to use my suggestions verbatim, but I hope that I've at least spurred your imagination and set you on the right course for making this idea come to life.

The Dragon Master

So you have chosen, Death
is a Pre-Contributor
LIBEROmons

Ever wish your coverage move had a bit more kick to it to you could KO that annoying fat wall? Well fret not, as in this metagame, your Pokemon always change type to match their move choice and thus, have STAB on every move! However they still retain their normal typing on their on their first turn out, meaning Charizard is unfortunately still quad weak to Rocks and so on. Every pokemon in this metagame behave like they have libero, but they can still hold other items and have another ability. Changing form in between a game would work like, until that poke uses a move it stays in Its original type, for example if a gren that was a bug type changed to being an ash gren it would change to water dark. One aspect of libero that most people tend to overlook is that it lets Pokemon change what their weak to as well, and this can let defensive Pokemon still hang on as metagame threats as it lets them tank more moves. Even still it think it will be offense focused as offense benifits from libero more in general. This will be an ou based metagame with standard clauses (I would honestly prefer it if it was a nat dex ou one but I don't think I'm allowed to submit that).

THREATS:(In no particular order)

Fast U - Turner's and volt switches - Cinderace has used U turn to great effect, as libero kinda removes its biggest flaw and that's the fact that without stab it hits like a wet noodle most of the time. So Pokemon like tornados therian, dragapult and scarf Landorus-Therian will probably be top metagame threats.

Magearna: well this Thing will be a menace especially if this is a nat dex metagame, as now it has the ability to pick and choose its "counters" even more. All of a sudden it's volt switches have some kick to it and so this thing will probably have to be banned immediately.

Lycanrock dusk: who knows maybe this thing will rise as it's got a good movepool and along with tough claws , swords dance and powerful priority and it's coverage moves are given a bit of a kick now.

Questions:

1. How do u guys think prankster mons might work as they theoretically can change types early on and so have more survivability.
  2. How do you think the OG type changers Cinderace and greninja will pan out here?

LIBEROmons

Ever wish your coverage move had a bit more kick to it to you could KO that annoying fat wall? Well fret not, as in this metagame, your Pokemon always change type to match their move choice
A version of this called Protean Palace existed back in Gen 6, but it wasn't revived in Gen 7 for some reason.

If you're using "As One" as your premise, why are you adding to it with 8 moves and 2 items per mon? It should just be one item (held by the first mon) and a total of four moves (either two from each mon, or a total of four distributed among the two however the player wishes).
Also, I think it would be better to use the base stats of the first mon instead of always going with the higher BST, since sometimes you might want to use the other mon's base stats (for example, fusing a mon with high attack and speed with a mon like Mew that has a higher BST but no exceptional stats).
You're right for items. For moves, i don't see how to let player choose as getting moves from only one mon isn't the idea. For base stats, you misunderstood. In your example, you would get 100 hp/def/spD/spA base stats (unless the other mon has higher than 100 bs in one of those stats) and the high attack/speed from the other mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)