Resource Pet Mods Workshop

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking, and I can't come up with one twist, since Restrictions basically has a lot of them, and I don't want to copy them.
Maybe creating checks/counters to Good, Banworthy and Uber mons. Like how Heatran basically counters Volcarona. You could have a Water/Ground type with Poison Heal that can check Heatran.

Magmajudis

Title pending
Pet Mod Name: Legendary Age
(Now updated with advice from Hematite)
Legendary_age.png

Pet Mod concept: This mod would try to create new cover legendaries for the Uber metagame (NatDex Uber, so megas, primale and Z-moves are allowed (I know NatDex doesn't have an Uber, but I mean NatDex AG without things like Rayquaza-Mega etc.).

Explanation: So you know how cover legendaries represent a duality ? Like time and space, life and death or continents and seas ? Well, for every slate, a duality would be announced at the start. There would then be a 3-4 days time to publish a duo for this duality, with a BST indicated at the beggining of the slate. Once time's up there would be 48 hours to vote for the best duo. before going on to a discussion phase, where some adjustments can be made to make the subs more interesting to play. Then, there would be a slate for making the third member of the trio, where fusions can be submitted (how they work would have to be explained). After the trio is complete, there would be a lore slate based on what was said in the original submissions. There would probably be balancing slates from time to time if it gets accepted and coded.

-Dynamax would be banned.
-Custom moves and abilities would be allowed.
-Currently, no moves nor abilities are banned. However, the council can veto a sub if it's not balanced.
-If you make an alternative form, it has to be through an object (they would need to be explained, and by that i mean what they represent in the theme, like Primal-Goundon ans Primal-Kyogre representing the Earth at it's start)
-Subs would have to be balanced. We do not want 53 different Zacians, Calyrex-Shadow or Rayquaza-Mega level Pokemon.
-Subs should stay interesting. This problem is mainly present for offensive mons, where they can just ask themself "but what deals the most damage ?" ans that's all the strategy in involved. This can be dealt with by making the use of status move the best option (by making it have a chance against it's counters i mean, like Spectrier with Sub and Will-O-Wisp, not the best example of an interesting mon, but it has an interesting set) or through an interesting ability for strategy, for example.

Mandatory parts:

Legendary Name
:
Represents:
Stats:
Ability:
Notable Moves
:
Lore (doesn't have to be really complex, will be expanded in the lore slates):
Non-mandatory Parts:

Competitive Role Identification
:
Flavor Description:
Competitive Description:
Sample Sets:
Dex Entries
:

(If there is a custom move/ability, it must be in bold, and must be explained at the bottom of the submission)

Miscellaneous: This mod would be led by a council. Currently, the council is composed of I, ViZar, kakaks and JojoBoss247. I can remove someone of the council if needed.

I hope it's okay that i reposte it, because i made some really big changes (if it's not warn me and i'll delete this). If you have ideas to improve it, or questions, i would like to hear them !

Last edited:
I will be super shocked if no one's come up with this yet.
You may be familiar with the OM concept of "Pokemon but Gen 1 mechanics", as it is brought up plenty of people on the forum.
That gave me an idea.
The concept is called The Good Ol' Days, and every Pokemon reverts to their original incarnations, meaning that their abilities, stats, movepools and typing reverted to their original state.
This also means the following:
Gen 1 Pokemon get crits based on Speed and have a special stat instead of Sp. Def and Sp. Atk
Pokemon from Gens 1+2 have their EVs fully maxed out in every stat
All signature abilities are reverted to what they were in their debut generation (for instance, Talonflame's Gale Wings would revert to what it was like in Gen 6)
Pokemon from Gens 1-3 ignore the physical special split
mons from gens 1-5 who have a weather summon ability (like Drizzle) create weather with infinite duration
Gen 6 Pokemon get megas (so literally just Mega Diance lmao)
Gen 7 mons get Z-moves
and Gen 8 mons get screwed over by the sheer amount of power creep unfolding around them.
Additionally, If a Pokemon is from Gens 1-2, they get the ability/abilities that they get in Gen 3, and type matchups will match with the most recent entry (meaning that no pure Steel types can resist Ghost and Dark). Finally, both Light Ball and Eviolite will boost Special if put on a Gen 1 Pokemon.

The metagame is based in Nat Dex OU, however, this OU will contain every Pokemon to ever be in OU, excluding a few exceptions that I will list in the bannables sections of the post.

Anyways, the bannable Pokemon include Chansey, who is far too versatile with Eviolite. I will be banning Kadabra for similar reasons, and Magneton may be too strong as well.

Unbans:
(keep in mind that this takes into account their placement in their debut generation.)
Naganadel: If Kartana can be legal, then so can Naganadel! All we have to do is complex ban Nasty Plot!
G-Darm: same reason as Naganadel.
Aegislash: While I want to keep stall to a minimum, I feel like this Pokemon is a neccesary evil, and will make a more offensively oriented form of stall instead of the frustrating form of stall known and hated by all (like the type of stall that Gen 2 is known for). I need to specify this because technically, Aegislash never really was OU, as it was UUBL during Gen 8, and was banned to Ubers in Gen 6.
Marshadow: Another potentially interesting addition to the metagame. I understand that complex banning should be kept to a minimum, however, I feel complex banning scarf on Marshadow may be a good move to make to create a metagame that can deal with scary Pokemon like the previously mentioned Aegislash that still isn't overcentralized.

My end goal is to create an extremely chaotic metagame full of huge offensive threats that keeps hard stall to a minimum. This is why I am unbanning the mons that I am. Who should I ban? What should I change? Can you think of any sets? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

You may be familiar with the OM concept of "Pokemon but Gen 1 mechanics", as it is brought up plenty of people on the forum.
That gave me an idea.
The concept is called The Good Ol' Days, and every Pokemon reverts to their original incarnations, meaning that their abilities, stats, movepools and typing reverted to their original state.
Gen 1 Pokemon get crits based on Speed and have a special stat instead of Sp. Def and Sp. Atk
All signature abilities are reverted to what they were in their debut generation (for instance, Talonflame's Gale Wings would revert to what it was like in Gen 6)
mons from gens 1-5 who have a weather summon ability (like Drizzle) create weather with infinite duration
Gen 7 mons get Z-moves
and Gen 8 mons get screwed over by the sheer amount of power creep unfolding around them.
Additionally, If a Pokemon is from Gens 1-2, they get the ability/abilities that they get in Gen 3, and type matchups will match with the most recent entry (meaning that no pure Steel types can resist Ghost and Dark). Finally, both Light Ball and Eviolite will boost Special if put on a Gen 1 Pokemon.

The metagame is based in Nat Dex OU, however, this OU will contain every Pokemon to ever be in OU, excluding a few exceptions that I will list in the bannables sections of the post.

Anyways, the bannable Pokemon include Chansey, who is far too versatile with Eviolite. I will be banning Kadabra for similar reasons, and Magneton may be too strong as well.

Unbans:
(keep in mind that this takes into account their placement in their debut generation.)
Naganadel: If Kartana can be legal, then so can Naganadel! All we have to do is complex ban Nasty Plot!
Aegislash: While I want to keep stall to a minimum, I feel like this Pokemon is a neccesary evil, and will make a more offensively oriented form of stall instead of the frustrating form of stall known and hated by all (like the type of stall that Gen 2 is known for). I need to specify this because technically, Aegislash never really was OU, as it was UUBL during Gen 8, and was banned to Ubers in Gen 6.
Marshadow: Another potentially interesting addition to the metagame. I understand that complex banning should be kept to a minimum, however, I feel complex banning scarf on Marshadow may be a good move to make to create a metagame that can deal with scary Pokemon like the previously mentioned Aegislash that still isn't overcentralized.

My end goal is to create an extremely chaotic metagame full of huge offensive threats that keeps hard stall to a minimum. This is why I am unbanning the mons that I am. Who should I ban? What should I change? Can you think of any sets? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
This is not a pet mod, is a solomod

Hello to all those here! Inspired by the Super Staff Bros metagame, and with the approval of the previous owner of the Pet Mod in question, I bring you a revival of an old mod as a Solomod:

Pet Mods All Stars!

Essentially, what will be created here is similar to the Super Staff Bros metagame on Smogon. It will be a Randomized metagame featuring Pet Mod contributors. Unlike the original Pet Mods All Stars, however, there isn't voting and there isn't any submitting other people. All you need to do to contribute is to make a set for yourself, submit it, and have it approved. Once you're approved, your set is put into the metagame! Approval is dependent on the following criteria:

1. You must be considered a member of the Pet Mods contributor community. If you have hosted a Pet Mod, you are automatically eligible, but you may otherwise request approval if you feel you have contributed significantly to existing Pet Mod(s).

2. Your set must be balanced. Please see below for further details on what this means for this metagame, as well as how to make/submit a set to be added.

3. You must submit a set to represent yourself, and only yourself. You may not submit a set to represent another member of the Pet Mods community.

4. Submit your set only when sets are being accepted. Sets will be accepted from eligible members now until the mod itself is submitted, which is currently to be determined at a later time. If you want to submit after that point, you must receive approval from the Mod leaders.

So, how should you go about submitting a set for yourself? Well, the set you make requires the following:

- The Pokemon that will represent you (any Pokemon and any form of a Pokemon is allowed, with the exceptions being Eternamax Eternatus and any Mega Evolution (you must start in base form, but you may hold a Mega Crystal for the Pokemon species you choose). Please also specify the gender you want and whether or not it will be shiny)
- While not necessary, you may alter the typing of your chosen mon. I would prefer we not get a bunch of type altered mons, but if you feel like you want your type to be altered or added too, feel free to specify the type change you want.
- The EV spread and nature that you will have (as well as your IVs, if applicable)
- The ability you will have (you may submit a custom ability, make sure to provide explicit details of what it does if you do so)
- The item you will hold (Mega Stones and Z-Crystals are eligible. If you have a Custom Z-Move, make sure to submit your set with a corresponding Z-Crystal for it.
- The first three moveslots, with all moves that can go in them (This is a randomized meta, meaning that moves will be chosen at random from the pool of eligible moves. Each slot will have a different set of eligible moves that can go into it, which means that if you want a specific slot to have varied options, put in up to three moves separated by a / (forward slash) in the corresponding slot. So, for example, say you want slot 2 to choose between Earth Power and Flamethrower when starting the battle. Simply have slot 2's moves as "Earth Power / Flamethrower". If you want a move to remain on all sets for your Random Battles, simply put one move into the slot you want it to be)
- Your unique move that will be in the last slot on all sets (This move is a single, special move that will be unique to your sets and can have effects that are comparatively stronger than other moves. Make sure to specify the move's type, classification (physical, special, or status), power (if the move is offensive), accuracy, PP, and all effects the move has. If you decide to make a status move and you are holding a Z-Crystal that affects moves of its type, make sure to list what the Z variant of the move does. If you want, you can have a normal move in your fourth slot that powers up into a custom Z-Move. If so, you may omit the move's accuracy (Z-Moves will never miss) and PP (Z-Moves always have 1 PP), but you must instead provide the move that will be powered up and the Z-Crystal required to use it)
- Optionally, you may have a set of quotes that you will say when you enter the battlefield, leave the battlefield, and faint. Please list them below your set if you would like to have them. Other quotes, such as quotes when using a specific move or when certain conditions are met, will require approval before they will be allowed.

Here is an example, which is also my own personal set:
KeeganSkymin4444
Pokemon: Shaymin-Sky (Male)
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, Jolly Nature
Item: Clausium Z
Ability: Warm Feelings (Recovers 25% HP when hit by a Fire move, and heals 1/8th of its HP at the end of the turn when in Sun. Takes 1.25x damage from Ice moves and double damage from hail, but is immune to both while behind a Substitute.)
Moves:
- Floaty Fall
- Trop Kick
- Substitute
- Zen Headbutt
Signature Z-Move: Claus
Z-Crystal: Clausium Z
Move Required: Zen Headbutt
Type: Psychic
Classification: Physical
Power: 95
Effect: Hits twice. 40% flinch chance.

If you want further examples of what is possible here, look up Super Staff Bros 4 (the current iteration of Super Staff Bros). However, try to make sure the overall power of your set is close to the example seen here, as well as other sets in the meta (once they become public)! If your set is too powerful, it will not be approved, so make sure to lean on the conservative side of things. Playtesting will occur once the mod is officially open, and the sets will be balanced then, so don't be afraid to start out small in terms of power.

To submit sets or ask for approval, please DM me on Discord or Smogon, with Discord being preferred. I happen to be on the Pet Mods Discord server, with the same username as I have here. I look forward to seeing some good submissions!

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
Stereotypes:​

Pet Mod Concept: This Mod will aim to create a metagame (with only new Pokemon) with a Pokemon for each Double Type, and every Pokemon should be viable and interesting.

Explanation:

The Mod would work by slates, working in a three phases system:

First Phase: Submission Phase

In that phase, three typings would be announced at the start. There would then be a week or so to submit up to one Fakemon for Each of the three typings. Custom elements would be allowed, with up to one for each Fakemon. Megas are allowed as long as they're balanced. Custom Z-Moves for custom moves too. Also you can't change typing with the Megas of course.

Name:
Typing:
Stats:
Ability(ies):
Role(s):
How it would take avantage of the typing (This is the main part of the mod after all, you can't just make a mon and slap a typing on top of it, it has to use it) (Having some moves or abilities that are almost exclusive to a type, like Dragon Dance, Compound Eyes, or any legendary signature move, counts as exploiting the typing. Of course, it doesn't count if it's not STAB)
What sets it apart from other mons with the same role (to keep things interesting):
Movepool:
(Optional) Dex Entries

Name: Machinirit (Machinery+Spirit)
Typing: Steel-Ghost
Ability: Levitate
Stats: 155-80-70-105-80-50
Role: Team Support / Mixed Wall
Movepool: Wish, U-Turn, Shdow Ball, Hex, Shadow Claws, Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, Will-O-Wisp, Doom Desire, Psychic, + Universal TMs
How it would take advantage of the typing: This Pokemon would take advantage of the typing because thanks to it's four immunities, allowing it to easily and safely switch-in to support it's team with Wish, U-Turn, Doom Desire, Will-O-Wisp...
What sets it apart from other mons with the same role: It is different from other mons with the same kind of role because of it's unique set of immunities and resistances for a wall, and the unique momentum it can bring to the team with moves like U-Turn, Doom Desire or Wish.
Dex Entries:

Dex Entry 1: Those Pokemon are said to exist since the very invention of machines. Despite only being possesed machinery, they are quite mobile.

Dex Entry 2: Machinisprits can look quite hostile at first, but they are actually some of the kindest Pokemon there can be to people that are nice with them.

Name: Fafnipede (Fafnir (a mythical dragon)+centipede)
Typing: Bug-Dragon
Ability: Compound Eyes Stats:75-110-80-120-75-80 (BST: 540)
Movepool: Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, First Impression, Outrage, Draco Meteor, Bug Buzz, Coil, Harden, Leech Life, Hurricane, Fly, Focus Blast, Fire Charge, Flamethrower, Universal TMs, Earthquake, Crunch, Scratch, Megahorn
Roles: Set-Up Sweeper/Revenge Killer/Mixed Wallbreaker
How it take advantage of the typing: It take advantage of the typing by gaining STABs on some great moves, like First Impression or Draco Meteor. Also, rare moves like Dragon Dance or Quiver Dance count as exploiting the typing if they're STAB, because it is probable the Pokemon wouldn't even gain access to it without that typing, so those counts.
What sets it apart from other mons with the same role: It's access to priority, two of the strongest boosting moves in the game and perfect accuracy on moves much as Megahorn. Also, near perfectly accurate Focus Blast is neat.
Dex Entries:

Dex Entry 1: Fafnipedes have first been discovered in ancient temples. Their fluid movements, which look like a dance of sorts, have inspired many ancient civilizations's art.

Dex Entry 2: Those Pokemon were once feared for their destructive rage. Very few perons can say without lying they tamed a Fafnipede taking it's true form.

Fafnipede-Mega
Typing: Bug-Dragon
Ability: Ancient Wrath (When attacking in last, moves power doubles)
Stats:75-140-90-140-85-110

Also, as a side note for submissions: Remember this is a micrometa, so the power level will be different from regular mons. A base Special Attack of 130 can be handled in regular OU, but maybe not in this. Keep your submissions balanced (I will try to find a coder as soon as possible to avoid the meta becoming broken) (Custom elements are limited to abilities and moves)

Phase 2: Voting phase
Nothing particular to say here, except:
Vote separetely for each of the slate's typing, as there will be a winner for every one of them.
You have one self-vote and it can't be in first place.

Phase 3: Discussion Phase
This is where you can discuss the new mons. You can also discuss existing ones. You Can submit sets, discuss problematic mons, propose buffs to less seen ones…

When every single one of the 171 possible typings will be done, the most probable thing to happening would be that we would enter a discussion phase that won't end, kind of like Sylvemons, so the meta can develop.

Miscellaneous:

The mod would be led by a council. Currently the council is:

:groudon-primal: Magmajudis (leader)
:marshadow: kakaks
:swampert: ViZar

We would also need a coder, i'll try to find someone willing to do it early on (This person would be on the council because coding is incredibly useful to keep track of the power level of a tier)

I'll try to give slates a little theme, like Grass/Fire/Water (starter types), Normal-Flying/Bug-Flying/Grass-Poison (the three most common double-types), or Ice-Poison/Bug-Dark/Ground-Fairy (types that don't exist yet)

Any feedback or any ideas to improve this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
well then how can I make it a pet mod?
The idea is impossible to make into a pet mod in its current form. Perhaps something like this could work:
Redesign every mon to be in gen 1. Every week or so, propose a Pokemon (or group of Pokemon), and then everyone redesigns that mon to be in gen 1, and then at the end everyone votes on whose version they like best.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how much you could get out of this idea, but it's at least a pet mod.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Here is a revamped version of

Image.png

Pet Mod Concept: This mod will make Ubers suited for NatDex OU.

Explanation: Ubers will get nerfs that makes them more suited for NatDex OU. Those nerfs will depend on the Pokémon itself and there are certain rules made for them.
Mythicals must keep their BST of 600, for consistency sake. Also the changes that are made to them, have to fit their main trade as a mythical.
e.g. Deoxys is based on DNA and has different formes. A shape shifting ability or something like Protean would make sense here.
There are mons that are in groups like starters or legendary trios. The BST must be the same, but they all have to get the same nerf.
e.g. Something Like Urshifu-RS has to be nerfed the same way Urshifu-SS is getting nerfed. (Signature Move nerf or Ability change)
Megas must have 100 BST more than their base form. However, changes that can make the base form worse won't be accepted.
e.g. Meaning that Mega-Alakazam cannot loose Nasty Plot and Mega-Blastoise cannot loose Shell Smash.
!Disclaimer! This section isn't fully fleshed out and is subject to change!
Box Legendaries and their formes have their BST decreased to 630. But they also have to get Signature moves and Signature abilities that fit their theme and their gimmick within the lore (assuming they haven't already).
e.g. Palkia could get an ability that "manipulates space" (Any room effect or Gravity)
In addition to that, banned abilities, moves, items and other mechanics will be adjusted for NatDex OU play.

Miscellaneous: This mod would be led by a council and it would need a coder. The idea for the first slate exists already and people can sub new ideas for future slates, just like in M4A.
:ss/genesect: :ss/shaymin-sky: :ss/landorus:

Thanks for reading! Feedback is highly appreciated!

The idea is impossible to make into a pet mod in its current form. Perhaps something like this could work:
Redesign every mon to be in gen 1. Every week or so, propose a Pokemon (or group of Pokemon), and then everyone redesigns that mon to be in gen 1, and then at the end everyone votes on whose version they like best.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how much you could get out of this idea, but it's at least a pet mod.
Well, actually, this was originally intended to be an OM, but there are some things not set in stone, so it's not that. Is there maybe a gray area where I would still be able to make it a Pet Mod? Why is it even impossible?

That gave me an idea.
Gen 7 mons get Z-moves

Unbans:

Ok, so, y'all are saying I need community feedback, so I'm gonna try something.
So, the above rules are mostly relevant (with the exception of the Eviolite rule and, consequentially, the bans around it) since they are directly tied to their generations. However, I want to get rid of the Eviolite rule for now, so I can build this as a Pet Mod. So, here are the parts that we, as a community, can build together:
  1. How should the Pet Mod deal with Eviolite?
  2. How should sleep work?
  3. Should I revert all abilities to what they were originally? Should I do the same with moves?
  4. Should Gen 1/2 mons get Abilities at all? Should Gen 1 mons get items at all?
  5. Should the items available in the generation a Pokemon debuted in affect what items they can use?
  6. Should how a move/ability works in a generation affect Pokemon who use that move? Cuz that sounds hard to code.
I don't know if I'm doing this right. Feedback definitely welcome!

Ultimate Forms
Are you tired of Gigantmax and Megs forms, well here is a new thing for you. It’s called an ultimate form, it’s kinda a mix of Z-moves and Mega Pokémon. Where it uses the Z-crystal mechanic of having that specific crystal to use the Z-move. But it gets a upgraded sprite, a new or upgraded ability, a new typing or secondary typing, a specific move on the Pokémon gets special effects, and each Pokémon gets +150 in there stat total. You can put them anywhere you want, so at least you make simple fun sets or complicated sets for the Pokémon. There are bans for the moves and abilities that can be used like huge power and burn up. But here are some Pokémon that I have set up already.

Umbreon: Typing: Dark/Ghost, move with effect: Dark Pulse(has a 30% chance to paralyze opponent and becomes super effective against normal types), Ability: Wailing Appearance(basically lowers this Pokémon speed by one when entering the battlefield to boost special attack by two), and +50 in Special Attack, +30 in Physical Defense, +50 in HP, and +20 in Speed

Submission Template
——————————————————
Pokémon Getting the Ultimate Form:
New Type:
New Ability (Can be a Custom Ability too):
Move getting the Special Effect:
New special Effect:
Niche:
————————————————————-
*and yes, I am allowing wonder guard for some Pokémon, two in general. Shedinja and Eevee. And legendary Pokémon can not get Ultimate Forms. maybe the UB (if people make them too overpower) can't get the forms too. but the Regi's and the lower trios and mythicals can, along with Pseudo and regular Pokémon*
*and yes, I am allowing wonder guard for some Pokémon, two in general. Shedinja and Eevee. And legendary Pokémon can not get Ultimate Forms. maybe the UB (if people make them too overpower) can't get the forms too. but the Regi's and the lower trios and mythicals can, along with Pseudo and regular Pokémon*

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
I think they mean "How do people sub in" with "Submission Put" (I might be wrong btw, pls correct me if I'm wrong)
Magma mentioned that he will provide a theme and people can create Legends based on that theme

Magmajudis

Title pending
Well you could DM me with the theme for them and if Legendary Age gets approved i could make a slate for that theme

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)